Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

They talk about it in the show, a bit...last round of auditions when the women are in their groups of five, they're grouped by look so they can take the best from each "look."  Plus their favorites, projects, and whatever behind the scenes stuff happens.

Justice for Hannah, though...she had such a different look for calendar shoots and such than Claire IMO.  Fierce versus wholesome, tho maybe I just haven't gotten to know Claire enough.  She does seem very pretty and very talented!

• Love 17
(edited)
6 minutes ago, kalibean said:

They talk about it in the show, a bit...last round of auditions when the women are in their groups of five, they're grouped by look so they can take the best from each "look."  Plus their favorites, projects, and whatever behind the scenes stuff happens.

Justice for Hannah, though...she had such a different look for calendar shoots and such than Claire IMO.  Fierce versus wholesome, tho maybe I just haven't gotten to know Claire enough.  She does seem very pretty and very talented!

Heres the Kristin-Christina-KayDianna mash up. They are all gorgeous, all all look different enough, I think (I hope).

theKs.jpg

Edited by StellaCL
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Heres the Kristin-Christina-KayDianna mash up. They are all gorgeous, all all look different enough, I think.

theKs.jpg

It’s also from a field perspective I think it’s very rare you have two identical people. They are all very beautiful though so if they are all strong and on a similar level then of course they could all make it. It will be interesting to see🤔

• Love 5

Here's my prediction for the triangle! Anyone have feedback?

Gina                                                Rachel

Ashlee        Amber                            Lexie         Caroline

Lexie         Rachel     Caroline         Ashlee        Gina          Amber

Chandi            Kelcey           Erin            Jalyn

Claire             Dani            Taylor        Madeline      McKenzie

Marissa         Lisa                 Kat             Armani         Kristin         Darian

Elli              X           Alora-Rose        Jada          Jessica              X                X

• Love 4

I’m ready for the Kelli and Judy retirement post lol I wanna see the DCC do some different more fresher things but I feel like they will never do that it will just be the same old DCC tradition stuff 

• Love 16
20 hours ago, Emchammy said:

Is anyone else finding themselves losing interest this year? Possibly due to the lack of spoilers/information but also could be because I have very little attachment to last years Rookies and obviously the show didn’t feel ‘normal’ last year.

I also am losing interest, though that started last year. Shorter season should’ve meant an EXTRA focus on the rookies, but instead I believe out of the 11 rookies we got four who didn’t even get proper bios (Jessica, Darian, Dani & McKenzie). 

And as far as “attachment” goes? The fans were very attached … to DCCs like Brennan and Hannah. Women who did nothing but represent the DCC organization with nothing but class and grace throughout their tenure. Model DCCs, both of them. 

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

Travis wall taught tonight 

DEF2563F-4003-4BCC-B315-1342F6BD89F6.jpeg

Is it common to have two choreographers on back to back nights? 

Either way I guess this means show group auditions will be very soon. 

• Love 3

Travis wall taught tonight 

DEF2563F-4003-4BCC-B315-1342F6BD89F6.jpeg

32 minutes ago, PleasantSmile05 said:

This was at the Star? Interesting. He’s my one of my favorite guest choreographers!!

I also enjoyed his classes, except his blatant Victoria favouritism. Now she is gone, I think I can finally go through the epidode without yelling at the TV.

It is going to be hard to choose between the rookies. There are definitely some sets of girls with the same look.

The Christina’s (brunettes with high cheekbones), the Ashlinn’s (long wavey blondes) and the Ava’s (straight blondes).

Amber is a powerhouse and finally The Marissa is looking good in the group photo’s!

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Is it common to have two choreographers on back to back nights? 

Either way I guess this means show group auditions will be very soon. 

I think it means show group auditions are fixing to happen in the next few days because they usually do guests routines ! They also had Denise Thursday right before July 4th break 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
(edited)

I'm definitely rooting for all of Ashlinn, Kleine,Tori and Tyra to make the team. love, Love, LOVE me some Kleine! I also miss Amanda so much already! 😓😭

Edited by ShutterbugCAM
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Like the Melissa Wallace, Amy Trader years? They were both DCC in season 10 and 11. I had the hardest time telling them apart.

amymelissa.jpg

It's interesting and honestly kind of cool how we all see things differently.

I always thought Melissa & Ashley Pro were doppelgangers of each other, and Amy T, and Kat Rogers (although their bodies are VERY different) also had basically the same face. Also, Heather H. & current DCC Lisa look identical to me.

• Love 6
(edited)
5 hours ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

It's interesting and honestly kind of cool how we all see things differently.

I always thought Melissa & Ashley Pro were doppelgangers of each other, and Amy T, and Kat Rogers (although their bodies are VERY different) also had basically the same face. Also, Heather H. & current DCC Lisa look identical to me.

Queen Melissa also thinks that Amy Trader is Ashley to her Mary Kate

We all should be so lucky to have them back on the team!

Edited by Pau84
typo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16
34 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

Amy T’s cheekbones are to DIE FOR!  Also, more importantly, these 2 ladies have brains and ambition along with their beauty. 

@ShutterbugCAM, I can almost see the similarity you see between Amy T and Kat Rogers…something in the shape of their eyes and cheekbones. Little Kat had a very pointy chin while Amy T’s face was a little fuller. (That probably holds true for their body types too).

But I was another one who could not, for the life of me, tell Melissa W, Amy T, and Kashara apart either that first year they were all there together. (Season 10, I believe).   

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

These practice attires will forever be my favorite, specifically the ones that zip up. 

nznl2jig3y7nla67p44m.jpg

Whose between Lauren and Alexis? Is that Dayton? Also whose the blonde between Jessika and Tess?

2 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Whose between Lauren and Alexis? Is that Dayton? Also whose the blonde between Jessika and Tess?

The blonde is me 2 Taylor !! And yes that’s Dayton 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, PleasantSmile05 said:

This was at the Star? Interesting. He’s my one of my favorite guest choreographers!!

Travis Wall is fun, but I also love Charm and Evan Miller.
I hope we get to see them again...

• Love 20
2 hours ago, Pau84 said:

Two of my all-time faves right there. Talent, brains and beauty, just wish they'd have both stayed longer. My dream triangle was these two and Megan C!

• Love 23
20 hours ago, LilyD said:

Most are there because they want to dance (for the NFL) and not everyone is happy to be on national tv. I also believe that a lot of  serious dancers decide not to audition just because of the tv show. In its current format, it might do more harm than good to their careers with the way drama is created and the lies that are told over the backs of the girls. You don't want to be humiliated on tv.

There are of course exceptions: People who are happy with all the attention and hope it might lead to something. But I wonder whether the DCC and a minor tv show on CMT is the right way to fame... It hasn't brought much to Holly's dancing and Jenna's BB has it?

I would say also the work environment. Seems pretty toxic in a lot of ways

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Pau84 said:

1000 % !!   Love, Love, Love them both!!!!   Although I have to give Melissa a slight edge ~ I think that she may be my very favorite DCC ever!!  

• Love 12

The blonde is me 2 Taylor !! And yes that’s Dayton 

Ahhhhh, Dayton! There was a discussion in this thread (or some thread... LOL) about DCC losing out on quality candidates because the candidate does not want the drama of the show. I would put Dayton in that category. She had wonderful potential as a DCC, but if I recall correctly, her mom reported that she would not audition again as long as MTT was part of the deal. I would wager to bet that there are many, many girls who feel the same way. They love to dance, they want to be part of DCC, but they don't want to be exploited for ratings.

• Love 13
13 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

These practice attires will forever be my favorite, specifically the ones that zip up. 

nznl2jig3y7nla67p44m.jpg

D84N8D0XYAA_rux.jpg

I would love to see Lexie and Madeline Group 1 Leaders

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, Lona said:

I also am losing interest, though that started last year. Shorter season should’ve meant an EXTRA focus on the rookies, but instead I believe out of the 11 rookies we got four who didn’t even get proper bios (Jessica, Darian, Dani & McKenzie). 

Don’t the TCCs have a choice on whether or not they want to be shown on the show?  It seems as though there have been quite a few seasons that some TCCs names are never even mentioned.  (Honestly, I didn’t even watch last season so I don’t know any of them.) 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Donna S said:

Don’t the TCCs have a choice on whether or not they want to be shown on the show?  It seems as though there have been quite a few seasons that some TCCs names are never even mentioned.  (Honestly, I didn’t even watch last season so I don’t know any of them.) 

They sign a release giving permission to be filmed, so it is always possible that someone could simply not sign. I would be VERY afraid of being cut by Kelli if I refused to sign. It also would be harder on editing in group situations or in the team photo, etc.

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, Donna S said:

Chandi was never shown (other than some background/group shots) her rookie season

Edited by Survivor197
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, Survivor197 said:

Chandi was never shown (other than some background/group shots) her rookie season

I remember Chandi having her uniform fitting and a backstory on how she is adopted.

• Love 21

Chandi had a segment about her adoption and family history, and some B roll on her apartment.  But definitely not someone who got a major "storyline" so to speak.  So I guess low profile strategy is be a good, clean dancer and don't be too interesting.  That'll make sure you don't get any office time and a ton of cameras in your face.

• Love 11
23 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Yeah, most of these women were born in the late 90s or in 2000. Seems like Madeline was a very popular birth name then. I am surprised at the ever popular Ashley and Amber though. And then you have the classic hold-outs like Christina and Rebecca. 

Soon future auditions and training camps will be flooded with the Emmas, Madisons, Olivias, Hannahs, and Isabellas. Followed by the Sophias, Avas, Evas, and Mias 😄 The Jennifers are done! And probably the Rachels, Kelseys, Melissas, and Nicoles. 

My daughter was born in 1977...Ashley, Michelle, Tiffany, Allison, Melissa, Jennifer, Jessica, Christie & Karen were very popular (I worked in ob/gyn then, we talked names all the time)...My girlie has none of those names...When a cheerleader in middle school her teammates included 3 Jennifers, 2 Jessicas, 1 Monica, 1 Kathy, 1 Christy and my girlie. No one had her name...fortunately, she likes her name...

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, CrazyMoon said:

My daughter was born in 1977...Ashley, Michelle, Tiffany, Allison, Melissa, Jennifer, Jessica, Christie & Karen were very popular (I worked in ob/gyn then, we talked names all the time)...My girlie has none of those names...When a cheerleader in middle school her teammates included 3 Jennifers, 2 Jessicas, 1 Monica, 1 Kathy, 1 Christy and my girlie. No one had her name...fortunately, she likes her name...

My parents have 2 of the most common names (Michael & Catherine) so they made sure all three of their kids had something different so we didn’t end up being one of multiples lol

Definitely worked out well for all of us (all born in the 90s), my sister and I have never met anyone with the same name (only in younger age groups for my sister) and my brother is just average enough there were never any multiples in his classes/work place

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, CrazyMoon said:

I was curious as to what name is the most common among the DCC girls. I excluded Cowbelles and Beaux and just started from 1972. I stopped at 1983 and so far Susan and Debbie (among other variations of the name Debbie) are the most common names.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

To me, nothing will be crazier than Season 8 Training Camp having 4 Ashleys.
At the time, they had DCC Ashley Marie, TCC Ashley Nicole, TCC Ashley Michelle and TCC Ashley Paige.

I'm kind of relieved this year doesn't have too many repeat names. It's hard enough trying to keep track of who's who this year without duplicate names.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

I was curious as to what name is the most common among the DCC girls. I excluded Cowbelles and Beaux and just started from 1972. I stopped at 1983 and so far Susan and Debbie (among other variations of the name Debbie) are the most common names.

Interesting! I love name trends. I'm a Gen X Susan (born in 1975). Every now and then I meet one my age, but it's much more common among women born in the 1950s.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

I looked into this a bit for MTT seasons 1-10 and never completed the last 5 seasons. I included both DCC and TCC, because some of the TCC are just as well known.

Megan/Meghan/Meagan with 9.

Ashley/Ashlee with 7. 

Jenn/Jennifer with 6.  (did not include Jennas)

Jordan/Kaitlyn/Christina/Amy/Melissa with 4 each

Maybe one day I will actually complete seasons 11-15,  and this new large TC for season 16 sure would change the balance - adds in another Ashley, and Christina and Megan!

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

I looked into this a bit for MTT seasons 1-10 and never completed the last 5 seasons. I included both DCC and TCC, because some of the TCC are just as well known.

Ashley/Ashlee with 7. 

Maybe one day I will actually complete seasons 11-15,  and this new large TC for season 16 sure would change the balance - adds in another Ashley, and Christina and Megan!

I want to say 4-5 Courtni/Courtneys

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

To me, nothing will be crazier than Season 8 Training Camp having 4 Ashleys.
At the time, they had DCC Ashley Marie, TCC Ashley Nicole, TCC Ashley Michelle and TCC Ashley Paige.

And at one stage all of the TCC Ashleys were in the same group. I remember Kelli calling them up Ashley, Ashley, Ashley 😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, INKWTWH said:

And at one stage all of the TCC Ashleys were in the same group. I remember Kelli calling them up Ashley, Ashley, Ashley 😂

At least back then the initial TCC groups (before group leaders were announced and whatnot) were just alphabetical. Super obvious in season 8, which is when there were 3 TCC Ashleys.

• Useful 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Ashley/Ashlee with 7. 

OK, I finished seasons 1-16 of MTT, including both DCC and TCC names. There may be some errors in here but here is my tally of the most popular names for those seasons: 

The winner! Megan/Meagan/Meghan: 11 
Runner-up: Ashley/Ashlee: 9 (does not include Ashton or Ashlinn)
Third place: Jen/Jennifer: 6 (does not include Jennas)

Taylor, Christina, Amy, Lauren/Loren:
Courtney/Courtni, Jessica/Jessika, Jordan/Jordann, Kelli/Kelly, Kelsey/Kelsi/Kelcey, Lea/Leah, Kaitlyn/Katelynn, Melissa, Rachel: 4

Edited by StellaCL
added Kelsey
  • Useful 5
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, StellaCL said:

OK, I finished seasons 1-16 of MTT, including both DCC and TCC names. There may be some errors in here but here is my tally of the most popular names for those seasons: 

The winner! Megan/Meagan/Meghan: 11 
Runner-up: Ashley/Ashlee: 9 (does not include Ashton or Ashlinn)
Third place: Jen/Jennifer: 6 (does not include Jennas)

Taylor, Christina, Amy, Lauren/Loren:
Courtney/Courtni, Jessica/Jessika, Jordan/Jordann, Kelli/Kelly, Kelsey/Kelsi/Kelcey, Lea/Leah, Kaitlyn/Katelynn, Melissa, Rachel: 4

StellaCL: Thank you for this!

I have a feeling that the Ashley's, Christina's, Madeline's and the Jordann's will move up a place this year!

• Love 2

Guessing I am probably one of the oldest on this forum as I recently attended my 50th anniversary for our college that merged with another college (so fewer documents for reference). We had an old program listing incoming freshman by by first initial & last name. Our committee could remember some but not all people in our class as not everyone who started with us, graduated with us or even stayed with our college. Back then, if it were a C. Smith the name was either Carol or Connie, a D was Diane or Denise, L was Lina or Lisa. Yes there were unusual ones such as a W. Franklin who we guessed was Wanda ended up being Wardella.  Nowadays if I had to guess first names based on initials, it would be a crap shoot!!

• LOL 9
15 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

Jalyn’s story... uh oh :(

Can you elaborate?  What story?  Should Jalyn's fans be afraid (me 😥) ?

• Love 2
(edited)
2 minutes ago, KoKo said:

Can you elaborate?  What story?  Should Jalyn's fans be afraid (me 😥) ?

Recommendations for a lawyer for legal contract 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1