Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

11 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Wow, Girl!  That's an impressive tidbit and memory you have about the asshat Redskins player!

What a jerk she could of slipped on it and really hurt herself and others next to her 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, M1977G said:

Apparently, at least sometimes, yes! Sydney Durso posted about this incident with a kicker when she was on the field years ago. The kicker looks like such a childsih ass with how he goes about warming up while the DCC were doing their kick line. Not the finest sportsmanship!

What in the actual f*ck!!!! Jerk can't wait two minutes? She literally could have broken an ankle.

I swear we've seen players actually running straight through the cheerleaders during Thunder as well.

• Love 15
26 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

What in the actual f*ck!!!! Jerk can't wait two minutes? She literally could have broken an ankle.

I swear we've seen players actually running straight through the cheerleaders during Thunder as well.

It would make sense for visiting teams to be asked to advise players to keep a sensible distance from DCC while performing. Simple health and safety.

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, PomPomPom said:

It would make sense for visiting teams to be asked to advise players to keep a sensible distance from DCC while performing. Simple health and safety.

I know players have to practice, but that was disrespectful and intentional.  He could've tossed the poms in the other direction, but no, he threw them at her feet.  I wonder if he did this to Redskins cheerleaders at their home games.  But we all know what that organization thinks of cheerleaders so...

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
18 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Well times have changed. It wasn't too long ago that we were up in arms about VK and her weight. The audacity of Kelli looking the other way when it came to the milkshakes. Remember? DCC has always made exceptions for some and then held others to a higher standard. The fandom has done the same. Recall the early years and there were plenty of "bigger saddle" girls. There's never been a one size fits all standard. Some have always been able to skate by while others got refrigerator raids.

The ONLY difference now is that it is not discussed on the show. It likely never will be discussed on the show again.  Times have changed and the article about body image and "thut" that came out a while ago by TCC Megan was not good PR for DCC. They're not dumb. My only question is whether or not those discussions are indeed occurring off camera still - but that's just because I'm nosey. I feel certain it's still addressed but maybe in a less shaming sort of way.

I think there is a big difference between VK's belly hanging over her shorts her first training camp & the majority Kelli has called out on their weight. VK was visibly out of shape while others may have gained pounds (or just came in with a curvier body) who Kelli called out as too big but were still in great shape. As long as they're in shape (i.e., no belly hanging over the shorts), they're overall weight (or shape) shouldn't matter.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, PomPomPom said:

Maddie was 2nd point to Amy but then first point to Rachel. This is Rachel's 2nd Year as 2nd point but this time to Gina.

I wish they had given Rachel the recognition of being point; she's technically been a point for two years, but because Gina is in the "first point" position, Rachel being point just gets glossed over. If being first point is all that counts when it comes to the official recognition of who was point, then I feel like Rachel should have been given the first point "title" this year and Gina second.

Edited by blairwaldorf
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, blairwaldorf said:

I wish they had given Rachel the recognition of being point; she's technically been a point for two years, but because Gina is in the "first point" position, Rachel being point just gets glossed over. If being first point is all that counts when it comes to the official recognition of who was point, then I feel like Rachel should have been given the first point "title" this year and Gina second.

Yeah it’s a bit rude. She is a point, two seasons now.

I kinda wish MTT and TPTB didn’t make such a big deal over point of the triangle. It rarely got mentioned in the show prior to season 12 when Jenna lost out. It seems to me MTT has become about ramping up faux prestige and elitism, like their dress up SG announcement this year, and now the excessive focus on point, including behind the scenes and overtime segments on social media. Just feels a bit too vapid to me 🤷‍♀️

Edited by StellaCL
Typo
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, blairwaldorf said:

Check out the announcement again. You will find that Rachel is acknowledged and embraced by Gina. There is no way that Rachel can out "power pom" Gina but that said, as second point she actually gets longer in the limelight.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

I think there is a big difference between VK's belly hanging over her shorts her first training camp & the majority Kelli has called out on their weight. VK was visibly out of shape while others may have gained pounds (or just came in with a curvier body) who Kelli called out as too big but were still in great shape. As long as they're in shape (i.e., no belly hanging over the shorts), they're overall weight (or shape) shouldn't matter.

Over the course of the show, the approach to the subject of weight/shape has been consistently inconsistent.  Both Kelli and the fandom react differently based on who the girl is. There have been plenty of veterans over the seasons, and even this year, that do not appear in shape - at least by the standards that have been set for others. Just pointing out that it's always been pretty inconsistent depending on the girl. Some get the pass. Some get the scrutiny. And its not always just about belly vs. butt.  For the record -I'm not an advocate for the way DCC has handled body image issues in general. 

• Love 10

In hindsight First point is special because they start things off, set the tone and well are there first. 

The transition into a new point happens early in the dance (when they branch off into horizontal lines) so the 2nd point gets more performance time but still comes second so not considered the Point girl for the year? 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Monique said:

In hindsight First point is special because they start things off, set the tone and well are there first. 

The transition into a new point happens early in the dance (when they branch off into horizontal lines) so the 2nd point gets more performance time but still comes second so not considered the Point girl for the year? 

I am afraid that our Kelli is not really good at making consistent decisions.

Some are first point. Some are second point and when the first point leaves they become the first point, some are second point and when the first point leaves they stay second point with a new first point coming in. Some are celebrated to be first point, some are celebrated for being second point. Now the second point is not even included...sigh. Trying to make sense of it, of even predict or search for consistency is insane.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Can someone confirm that Ava doesn't make the team? She's listed on the DCC Making the Team Wiki page (I know anyone can edit that page), and I could have sworn she was cut. 

Yes she was cut from training camp 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, M1977G said:

The first part of this, about someone being standoffish at Gillie's and elsewhere during the tour of Dallas team bonding day, Kelli was talking about Kristin her first year in training camp! The rest of it you and everyone else mentioned? Yep, that was Gina.

I've been rewatching some of the episodes, and I just noticed that Judy and Kelli said at the first rookie rehearsal that Amber was struggling or going to struggle more than they thought. I'd not remembered that, so it's interesting to see she's been coming from behind all of camp, or at least up and down during TC. I also am noticing what a crier she is! She has teared up in at least 4 different talking moments. I suppose that's a testimony to the heart they put in and also what an emotional roller coaster training camp is. But, whew!

Apparently, at least sometimes, yes! Sydney Durso posted about this incident with a kicker when she was on the field years ago. The kicker looks like such a childsih ass with how he goes about warming up while the DCC were doing their kick line. Not the finest sportsmanship!

Jfc. She could have tripped/slipped on those poms and been seriously injured. He was just being a Grade A dick because they were the opposing team but that’s just poor sportsmanship and complete BS. 

This was years ago but I’m honestly raging right now about it lol. I hate how self-important pro athletes are. They think they’re the be all end all b/c of how much money they make but how many of their names do we actually remember 10-20yrs down the line…

Edited by BunnyHop96
Grammer
  • Love 12
52 minutes ago, BunnyHop96 said:

Jfc. She could have tripped/slipped on those poms and been seriously injured. He was just being a Grade A dick because they were the opposing team but that’s just poor sportsmanship and complete BS. 

This was years ago but I’m honestly raging right now about it lol. I hate how self-important pro athletes are. They think they’re the be all end all b/c of how much money they make but how many of their names do we actually remember 10-20yrs down the line…

You nailed it. The lack of respect is infuriating. If I didn’t have a million more pressing things on my to-do list, I’d send him a nasty letter, lol.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
21 hours ago, PomPomPom said:

Maddie was 2nd point to Amy but then first point to Rachel. This is Rachel's 2nd Year as 2nd point but this time to Gina.

Thanks for clarifying. With Covid and all, my sense of time is out of whack. I didn't remember this was Rachel's second year in that position. Can anyone remember if that position was actually ever referred to as point by Kelli/Judy? Or is that something that only we say?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, cgloss said:

Thanks for clarifying. With Covid and all, my sense of time is out of whack. I didn't remember this was Rachel's second year in that position. Can anyone remember if that position was actually ever referred to as point by Kelli/Judy? Or is that something that only we say?

Now that you mention it I think the first time it was used (Amy/Maddie) Judy said and I paraphrase "This time Maddie goes to the point......this gives us a second look in the triangle" referring to the position rather than the job. Amy had a whole section with her hubby on being The Point. It's interesting that when Gina was named it was as The Point not as joint point. I think the arguments will rage on this until they finally see sense and return to a single point.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, PomPomPom said:

Now that you mention it I think the first time it was used (Amy/Maddie) Judy said and I paraphrase "This time Maddie goes to the point......this gives us a second look in the triangle" referring to the position rather than the job. Amy had a whole section with her hubby on being The Point. It's interesting that when Gina was named it was as The Point not as joint point. I think the arguments will rage on this until they finally see sense and return to a single point.

Lol so true. Perhaps they need to try a diamond formation.

• Love 3

JADA is 🔥🔥🔥🔥  Her legs, hair, and kicks are flawless.  They should put her on the 50-yard line all by herself.  And she's GORGEOUS in the squad photo.....I think I have a girl crush.

• Love 16

The All Stars performed at Wrestlemania did they do the jump split in the ring (insert sarcasm) I guess that's better than a gravel raceway. It does make me chuckle though is there any appearance TPTB will turn down?

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, TB12 said:

The All Stars performed at Wrestlemania did they do the jump split in the ring (insert sarcasm) I guess that's better than a gravel raceway. It does make me chuckle though is there any appearance TPTB will turn down?

It was just the count down party  its not til April the actual event 

Edited by Holly85
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, Weeklydcc said:

60 years of DCC- Star Mag Edition.  The reunion is this weekend with the big halftime featuring alumni from every decade.  I hope a full video is made available somewhere.

I have an electronic copy of the mag, but I would love the print version.  I don't see how to get it at this link.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/star-magazine/

Is there anyone on here who will be at the game and try and record some of it. If so you have just become my best friend.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Weeklydcc said:

60 years of DCC- Star Mag Edition.  The reunion is this weekend with the big halftime featuring alumni from every decade.  I hope a full video is made available somewhere.

I have an electronic copy of the mag, but I would love the print version.  I don't see how to get it at this link.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/star-magazine/

Annnnnnd Rachel is on the cover of the mag, color me shocked... Is she stunning yes, but for once why can't tptb do something unexpected. All of the women are beautiful in their own way and could've been on the cover...

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Annnnnnd Rachel is on the cover of the mag, color me shocked... Is she stunning yes, but for once why can't tptb do something unexpected. All of the women are beautiful in their own way and could've been on the cover...

is the cover pix and the rest of the photo shoot another one of those 3-5 days of deliberations K&J and the team go through to pick the few photos from hundreds to make the cut ?

4 hours ago, TB12 said:

I've just purchased the 60th anniversary "electronic" edition and look forward to reading it. I take your point though. Rachel is beautiful but so are all the other girls. I'm sure she is a lovely lady but I think one of the things that rubs a part of the fan base up the wrong way is that she seems to get more than her fair share of exposure. That's not necessarily her fault but I think some fans would like to see more of their favourites and a little less of her. Thank god they have put Dani on the Christmas Spectacular poster.

• Love 12

Cute little visual of mostly Chandi and others :) and other vids! Oh my gosh you can tell how exhausted she is by the end of Thunderstruck just by looking at her breathing. I'm sure I wouldn't even make it 1 minute in!

There's one more on the same person's page ^ but I think it was already posted on here as it has 1K views. Also if you can watch that last one and tell me Lea doesn't have pop, meet me OUTSIDEEE. #TEAMLEA

Edited by DCC93
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, TB12 said:

I agree.  It would’ve been better to have this year’s squad on the cover vs. one lone DCC.  

• Love 11
7 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

60 years of DCC- Star Mag Edition.  The reunion is this weekend with the big halftime featuring alumni from every decade. 

What do we all want to bet that Tina Kalina is going to get featured at that halftime reunion?

• LOL 12
1 hour ago, Bellisima08 said:

What do we all want to bet that Tina Kalina is going to get featured at that halftime reunion?

Legacies are featured in the mag.  The biggest pic?  Tina and Victoria!!!  LOL (but true).

Edited by Weeklydcc
Edit
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 3

Finally caught up on the last three episodes. Posting this while watching tonight's episode and will do a new post for that later.

In the episode for week six, I’ve always enjoyed watching the girls learn the entrance onto the field. The process really does weed out the weaker ones. I don't think I've heard the term "shimmer walk" before". Seeing Alora-Rose helping Kline and the other rookies, knowing that she leaves is a bit jarring. I mean you get the sense that she is invested in the team by her helping them out so based off of this you have no inkling that she wants to leave.

The kick clinic segment was a cool new addition. Those stretches they had them doing really do are effective. Loved learning about Jordann, but it’s a shame we only got her backstory on the episode that she was cut from the team. I did feel sorry for Kylie as well, but I do think it was right for her to be cut as she was making too many mistakes.

In the show group episode, I didn’t see the need to bring up how Jalyn went into the locker room after being cut from show group for Victoria. That seemed like rehashing, but I was glad to see her kick ass in the team dances. Glad that she made it back onto show group. It was cool to see Kitty back, but what was up with her being kind of snarky with Melissa Rycroft? I would love to know the backstory behind that tension. I really liked MJ Acosta-Ruiz as she seemed pretty fair in her opinions so I wouldn’t mind seeing her back on the show. Love Jacie Scott & thought she looked amazing. My favorite solos were Armani, Caroline, Claire, and Kline who is Maddie 2.0 for me in terms of her attitude, nice vibes and dancing.

As to when they announced show group, you could tell Ava & Lea both seemed very disappointed that their names didn’t get called. Makes me wonder if that, because several guest choreographers placed them in prominent positions in the dances and then praised their abilities, Lea & Ava got their hopes up and expected to make show group. I suspect one of the reasons Ava didn’t make it was due to the inappropriate video, but I can’t fathom why Lea didn’t make it as they sing her praises. Alora-Rose also seemed upset at not getting picked for show group so maybe this was one of the reasons she was thinking about trying out for the Rockettes. Lastly I do think it was right that they cut Ashley, because even though they liked her she just was not consistent enough in her dancing, but I do hope she tries out next year.

When it came to the makeover episode, I thought it was interesting that they singled out 9 girls. I wonder if they’ve always done it this way and they just decided to point it out this time, but it was rather weird. Yeah they didn’t come out and say “these are the ones that REALLY need help with their looks”, but the implication was there and if I were one of the girls trying out, I don’t think I’d feel too good about it.

LEA SPEAKS! I mean seriously we’re 8 episodes in & this is the first time she talks on camera. And boy she talks a lot in this episode. Between the makeover segment, practicing with Kline and chatting with Kelli about her hair on the sidelines, she was all over the place. It’s like someone in the editing department of the show finally realized that there was no footage of her talking and went “whoops, we’d better get some footage of her speaking stat if she’s gonna be sticking around.” 

Kelee and KayDianna were probably the most improved by their makeovers. Kelee got what looks like a very high quality wig that was flattering to her face shape and looked very natural. KayDianna looked adorable with those curls (kind of like Maddie before she started letting her hair grow long) and I was glad the mass extensions went away. They were really wearing her and to have half a pound of hair swinging around while you dance must be a strain.

Christina & Megan looked a lot brighter and it seemed that the makeovers really gave them that extra push. While I liked the red on Presley, I think they also should have given her some bangs or layers around her face & & it really didn't give her that pop & spice so I though her cut was right. 

I have to ask, do they have no one else other than Melissa to come into practices and give insight? Are there no other former DCC’s or notable Cowboys affiliated people in the area?

As to the selection of the points of the triangle, my favorites that they were considering were Lexie, Caroline and Ashley. I also think that Kelcey, Chandi & Claire would make great candidates for point in the future.

In watching Lisa’s speech, while she was never one of my favorites, I did feel bad for her as she talked about being in pain every day. You could tell that it was hard for her to leave. She must have a really high pain tolerance to have been able to stay in training camp as long as she did given how they’ve been practicing the kick line and jump splits and she was also at the show group auditions.

I agreed with all their choices for group leaders and was really happy for Jaylyn to be named as a leader. In the case of Alora-Rose (btw, boo on the cliffhanger), I do wonder how Kelli & Judy found out. I know Kelli said she was hearing rumors, but did those come from the other cheerleaders or did the Rockettes contact DCC to ask about her job performance there? If they heard it from another cheerleader that She maybe told the new in confidence, it’s a shame that someone spilled the beans, but if Alora-Rose truly wanted to try to audition under the radar, she should never have talked about it. If it was me, I would not have told anyone that I was even thinking about trying out for the Rockettes because I wouldn’t want rumors to start. I am very curious to see how she explains this to Kelli & Judy.

Ok, back to watching tonight's episode.

Edited by Bellisima08
  • Love 9

So, Alora-Rose was still trying to decide between DCC and Rockettes auditions?     She should have quit before this.     

I love Lisa talking about the uniforms.    I hate the arm over the head pose for photos.  

I wonder if Kelli's bun was any tighter if shw would be able to blink.   Kelli telling Lea how to pose, and demonstrating is hysterical.  I hate Jensen's stiff looking hair.  Jensen looks so much like her Mom.  

Ava being slower on the field is bad.  I think Kelli has wanted to cut Ava for weeks, and dancing so far behind everyone on the field just gave her an excuse.   I think they knew about the second post by Ava all along, and drew out the cut for the story line. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 14

I’m shocked that Ava screwed up again. Shocked. 🙄 In other breaking news that’s very hard to believe, water is wet and Judy sits on a stool. 

Was Megan part of the makeover club? She could totally benefit for a darker hair color.

Bye Alora. You treated this like a real job and not the sisterhood of the traveling boot. Hope you have a fabulous life, despite not making the Rockettes.

• LOL 2
  • Love 18

Ava posted on July 11 a picture captioned "maybe I'm in Dallas?" and tagged the artist.

I followed her instagram last summer and don't recall the post being offensive. But it's been edited as of 3 weeks ago. So maybe there was something?

Or maybe it was just immature to post "maybe I'm in Dallas" or maybe they don't like the lyrics of "maybe I'm in Dallas."

I think they were just searching for a "reason" to cut her. To be fair it's probably the right call and I doubt she'll be back.

ETA - there are also some bikini shots on July 25

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, sATL said:

Did Alexa Rose make the Rockets ?

I wonder who Kelli "heard" the rumor from...or did the Rockets call to verify references?

Jacie Scott is a Rockette so I wonder if they saw AR's application and asked her about AR

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

So, Alora-Rose was still trying to decide between DCC and Rockettes auditions?     She should have quit before this.     

Attrition, ATTRITION!!!

(sorry, couldn’t resist)

😁

• LOL 4

So how about another game?

Name two of your favorite girls from the current squad.

One who is your favorite and would love to see as point. 

One who you can't see becoming point but still is your favorite.

Here are my picks.

love to see as point: Chandi

maybe not point but still my favorite: Dani

• Love 5
On 11/9/2021 at 6:29 PM, Tuxcat said:

Well times have changed. It wasn't too long ago that we were up in arms about VK and her weight. The audacity of Kelli looking the other way when it came to the milkshakes. Remember? DCC has always made exceptions for some and then held others to a higher standard. The fandom has done the same. Recall the early years and there were plenty of "bigger saddle" girls. There's never been a one size fits all standard. Some have always been able to skate by while others got refrigerator raids.

The ONLY difference now is that it is not discussed on the show. It likely never will be discussed on the show again.  Times have changed and the article about body image and "thut" that came out a while ago by TCC Megan was not good PR for DCC. They're not dumb. My only question is whether or not those discussions are indeed occurring off camera still - but that's just because I'm nosey. I feel certain it's still addressed but maybe in a less shaming sort of way.

I don't remember her name - she was blonde - and I remember her crying saying that for her height, she was expected to be 106 lbs. and that she had never been that weight and their was no way she could maintain that weight. Looking at her, she was probably 110 lbs, but 106 for anyone is crazy.

• Love 3