Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

13 hours ago, Lona said:

I’m pretty sure this confirms Amber is retiring.

1323A9EE-FF5C-41A5-8FF6-0CD2227587A0.jpeg

I wouldn’t be surprised if Madeline M and Erin retire as well, especially since Erin lost show group, Madeline keeps getting criticized over her dancing and their BFF Taylor is leaving. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, cgloss said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Madeline M and Erin retire as well, especially since Erin lost show group, Madeline keeps getting criticized over her dancing and their BFF Taylor is leaving. 

My guess of people who will retire: 

Taylor
Amber
Erin
Madeline M
Gina
Lexie
Rachel
Jayln
Kristen 

• Love 13
16 hours ago, Lona said:

I’m pretty sure this confirms Amber is retiring.

1323A9EE-FF5C-41A5-8FF6-0CD2227587A0.jpeg

Twice in last night’s episode that I noticed Amber in the background and she did not look happy. After four years, she lost out on co-point and GL 1, and the same day this episode airs she posts on IG indicating “my last year” in an overly cheerful post. 

Can’t help but note the coincidence.

I am sure she is genuinely happy for her peers, but she’s a fierce contender. The amount of dedication and work it takes to maintain her skills and appearance, I am sure she plays to win. 

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Twice in last night’s episode that I noticed Amber in the background and she did not look happy. After four years, she lost out on co-point and GL 1, and the same day this episode airs she posts on IG indicating “my last year” in an overly cheerful post. 

I am sure she is genuinely happy for her peers, but she’s a fierce contender. The amount of dedication and work it takes to maintain her skills and appearance, I am sure she plays to win. 

When the auditions started when she sent in her video she made a statement saying it might be her last year 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Chewybacon said:

There are at least 5 better choices for point. I’ll never understand what Gina does for K and J that she doesn’t do for the majority of the viewers. Her personality is basic at best and her dancing is mid trier on the team. 

This might be an unpopular opinion, but after watching Overtime and seeing all of the other girls who were point before her, I realized that almost none of the girls that have been point before Gina have interested me. Maddie and Amy were average at best and I still think that Rachel W. got point because she's pretty. I don't have an opinion when it comes to Mia and Jennifer cause I wasn't watching the show at the time (I started watching during Jennifer's rookie year but I was just a casual viewer and wasn't as invested as I am now)

Kashara had the performance factor that I think is needed to be point and so does Gina. So Gina was the best choice for point in my opinion. But you guys already know that I am a HUGE advocate for Gina. 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, MegzClarkie said:

Taylor
Amber
Erin
Madeline M
Gina
Lexie
Rachel
Jayln
Kristen 

5th years: Gina and Lexie

4th years: Taylor, Madeline, Erin, Amber, Jalyn, Rachel

3rd years: Kristin, Kat

———

Group leaders: Caroline, Ashlee, Kelcey, Chandi

Second leaders: Claire, Marissa, McKenzie, Armani

———

Formation 1 : Ashlee / Claire / Marissa

Formation 2 : Caroline / Chandi / Armani

Edited by dccfan204
  • Love 3
On 11/2/2021 at 8:44 PM, dfwxo said:

I wonder if Alora Rose not making SG had anything to do with her deciding to try out for Rockettes or whatever it was that she did 🤔

I wondered that too after seeing the face she pulled when they were finished announcing SG. 

• Love 11

I finally caught up.

gina 💯 deserves point. Seen her at two games now in person. She’s a bad ass. Rachel is consistent as someone said earlier, but Gina is just “it.” Damn her bad edit her rookie season. She’s killing it. I’ll say the one thing I’ve noticed at games is Rachel’s group is always slowest to dance.  Weird I know, but once I started noticing I couldn’t. Stop. Noticing.

I, too, saw Alora Rose’s WTF face. Maybe it wasn’t the reason for her drastic peace out to NYC, but perhaps a catalyst? Who knows?

so we’re doing cliffhangers on MTT now? Noice. I’m glad I know how this plays out. Otherwise I’d be madder than a wet hen. 

Love Kelee, Tyra, and Klein. I think that it’s weird that Leah ranks in the bottom when there’s nothing wrong with her dancing. I like her being there. Makes me think I could have made it 20 (let’s be real-25 years) and 15 (let’s be real 20)pounds ago. She’s a girl next door. Everyone loved Bridget and Caroline and she looks JUST LIKE THEM. With shorter hair.

• Love 22
7 minutes ago, tteek74 said:

I finally caught up.

gina 💯 deserves point. Seen her at two games now in person. She’s a bad ass. Rachel is consistent as someone said earlier, but Gina is just “it.” Damn her bad edit her rookie season. She’s killing it. I’ll say the one thing I’ve noticed at games is Rachel’s group is always slowest to dance.  Weird I know, but once I started noticing I couldn’t. Stop. Noticing.

I, too, saw Alora Rose’s WTF face. Maybe it wasn’t the reason for her drastic peace out to NYC, but perhaps a catalyst? Who knows?

so we’re doing cliffhangers on MTT now? Noice. I’m glad I know how this plays out. Otherwise I’d be madder than a wet hen. 

Love Kelee, Tyra, and Klein. I think that it’s weird that Leah ranks in the bottom when there’s nothing wrong with her dancing. I like her being there. Makes me think I could have made it 20 (let’s be real-25 years) and 15 (let’s be real 20)pounds ago. She’s a girl next door. Everyone loved Bridget and Caroline and she looks JUST LIKE THEM. With shorter hair.

When it comes to dancing on the field this season group 4 has the advantage for sure !! To be honest  I love Rachel but your not the first one to say something abt her group this season on the field 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, tteek74 said:

I finally caught up.

This!

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

I've never been the biggest fan of Jada but if you go on Claire's IG story, wow she looks incredible! Not sure K&J will be into the outfit though!

Jada is a goodness !! If I could fit into that outfit I would wear it !! They were celebrating Caroline at her birthday brunch 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Jada is a goodness !! If I could fit into that outfit I would wear it !! They were celebrating Caroline at her birthday brunch 

So would I, she's grown on me in her second year and is stunning!

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

So would I, she's grown on me in her second year and is stunning!

She for sure had a glow up in my opinion 

3 minutes ago, DCCFan2021 said:

Could someone post a picture?

9F99D968-EFD2-4FB7-A2E9-16F48337368E.jpeg

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
4 hours ago, StellaCL said:

I really do feel like Amber is totally overlooked. Her rookie season she was very strong (she made show group) and has gotten even better. They barely show her on camera now though. I do think she deserves to be farther up in the pyramid. 

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, writeme93 said:

I really do feel like Amber is totally overlooked. Her rookie season she was very strong (she made show group) and has gotten even better. They barely show her on camera now though. I do think she deserves to be farther up in the pyramid. 

She is in the front triangle with Gina and Lexie for the first part of thunder 

• Love 7

I’m so happy Gina is one of the points. I do think Lexie should have been the other point but I know they wouldn’t demote Rachel. Lexie also has that pop that I don’t see in Rachel.

love Kleine! I wouldn’t be surprised if she got rookie of the year because she does seem to be a great teammate and even Judy acknowledged that. 

This may be an unpopular opinion but I’m surprised Amber L wasn’t cut. Her look and dancing kind of remind me of Taylor. I think that if Ava didn’t have the social media issues, she should have made the team over Amber. 

• Love 9

Does Kleine only wear glasses when not dancing? Does she wear contacts or just dance kind of blind?

Also, she majored in Japanese, why not have her chat with Yuko in it?  Round have been fun!

• Love 9
2 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I've never been the biggest fan of Jada but if you go on Claire's IG story, wow she looks incredible! Not sure K&J will be into the outfit though!

The outfit is amazing on her, she’s stunning,  pretty sure K and J would agree! 

• Love 11

It made me so happy to see everyone so supportive of Gina for point! 

Gina has come a long way from the cocky, mean girl she was portrayed as her rookie year.  She’s comeback from an injury, voted VOTY, now point girl, she’s ticked all the boxes aside from Pro-Bowl 👀… I hope she retires after this year and becomes an All Star! 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Tinydancerxo28 said:

This may be an unpopular opinion but I’m surprised Amber L wasn’t cut. Her look and dancing kind of remind me of Taylor. I think that if Ava didn’t have the social media issues, she should have made the team over Amber. 

Amber improves. The clips I have seen of her as a DCC are pretty good. She will likely be blender status though during her tenure. MTT does this every season where the viewers are left wondering why a certain TCC made it. We just don’t get to see enough footage. 

I do find it kind of crazy that they  just now brought up Amber L. as well as Madeline S in episode 8. Have y’all not been watching them the past 8 weeks? They are just now on your radar? 🙄

• Love 8

I hope Chandi gets point next year. Sorry but I like her more than Ashley. Ashley and Caroline can be in the triangle (and whoever doesn't retire) but duo point should go to Chandi and Kelcey. They will totally rock it.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Monique said:

It made me so happy to see everyone so supportive of Gina for point! 

Gina has come a long way from the cocky, mean girl she was portrayed as her rookie year.  She’s comeback from an injury, voted VOTY, now point girl, she’s ticked all the boxes aside from Pro-Bowl 👀… I hope she retires after this year and becomes an All Star! 

Agree with all you said except I hope she doesn't retire. It about time we had a years 6 (or two) again.

• Love 8

It would appear that CMT are time travellers. Did anyone else notice that show group announcements Ep07 actually happened after makeovers Ep08. The give away is KayDiana's hair, the reason you only see a very long shot when she is announced (but visible in an early long shot) and Kelee's new wig which is clearly visible near the end. Don't really understand why they feel the need to do that. We seemed to get a lot going on in some episodes while others are light on content.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, PomPomPom said:

Agree with all you said except I hope she doesn't retire. It about time we had a years 6 (or two) again.

I think what could stop the 6+ DCC is that it seems to be more coming in from the professional or college ranks. Meaning after 5 years of DCC, life (marriage, career, wanting a family, wanting to move, etc) , one has achieved most of the DCC accolades (their version of HOF, I guess), and just wear and tear on the body takes over. Or even if someone came directly from HS, their financial support system is also 5 years older, so its time for next chapter to begin,

And I wouldn't be surprised if a DCC did make it though to 5 yrs, K&J might look a little at them harder at the 6th tryout time , when new talent comes in - are their kicks as high as others, have they improved in dance,  over their 4 yr audition,  how have they been as a leader, is their appearance/weight the same as it was when they were selected , etc

3 quick examples - I don't think Briana-from TN would have survived another year of tryouts -should probably would have gotten out danced. But she came after college, after a couple of years in TN, cut at finals, then next year made it as a DCC. As much as I like Jacie - she knew this was the time to leave after 5? , and go try out for Rockettes - time is precious. Then I will always admire Kashara for leaving after 4 years - its just time to do other things - leave on the highest note.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 6

On 11/5/2021 at 9:10 PM, pinkandsparkly13 said:

It seems like not a lot of people have talked about Megan. And I guess they didn't feature her much on the show. But anyway, she's one that I find very average looking. And Leah is just average cute too. Sorry guys. Lol. I don't care if she looks like a pixie. 

I think Megan is stunning, and she is one of my favorite rookies! Which is saying something, because, as per usual, I like most of the rookie class. Megan has those beautiful almond-shaped blue eyes and such a bright smile and personality, and as Judy notes, great musicality. Like Tyra, she exudes happiness when she dances and I love it. I know opinions are objective, but I find it so surprising that she is in the bottom tier of the judging! 🤣 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, MrsPriss said:

When Kelli was intro’ing Lisa to make her announcement to leave, did anyone else notice that Kelli said it was a decision that was “brave, mature and unselfish”? Weren’t those the words Victoria used for her announcement? That really jumped out at me this last episode.

THIS! I heard that too and immediately thought of Victoria's post. It's a little different since here the words are coming from someone else and not the person actually making the decision, but for the phrasing to be so similar is really strange. Makes me wonder if Victoria had an injury and really wanted to keep dancing but ultimately decided that it was smartest to just let her body heal. If that's the case though I don't know why she wouldn't have just said that - "I recently suffered a <blank> injury and I am choosing to take a year off to properly recover, but I will be back fully healed for next season." So maybe not.

• Love 6

Sorry I'm not a fan of Caroline. She must be a great dancer but she doesn't give me the pop. Out of the girls who are runner ups for next years point she is my least favorite.

• Love 13
32 minutes ago, MrsPriss said:

When Kelli was intro’ing Lisa to make her announcement to leave, did anyone else notice that Kelli said it was a decision that was “brave, mature and unselfish”? Weren’t those the words Victoria used for her announcement? That really jumped out at me this last episode.

YES! Omg I thought the same thing. Did Kelli say those same words to Victoria in whatever conversation they may have had that led Victoria to step away this year? So here we are roasting VK'S wording in her IG post when it might've been Kelli's wording 😂

24 minutes ago, DCCFan2021 said:

THIS! I heard that too and immediately thought of Victoria's post. It's a little different since here the words are coming from someone else and not the person actually making the decision, but for the phrasing to be so similar is really strange. Makes me wonder if Victoria had an injury and really wanted to keep dancing but ultimately decided that it was smartest to just let her body heal. If that's the case though I don't know why she wouldn't have just said that - "I recently suffered a <blank> injury and I am choosing to take a year off to properly recover, but I will be back fully healed for next season." So maybe not.

Yes, totally! I also went back and looked at VK's post the other day and noticed that she has been commenting back to many people saying "I'm doing SO much better! I can't wait to try out again in the spring!" And these were recent comments, like in the last few weeks.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

Jacie is a Rockette, right? I wonder if she got wind of Alora Rose trying out and passed the information to Kelli. I don’t really blame anyone in this scenario though. Most people make sure they have secured another job before leaving the one that they have, but that info getting back to your current boss is always a risk that you take. 

Count me in as being thrilled that Gina is one of the points. Even now, if someone has to be replaced, I would much rather it be Rachel than her. Rachel is a good dancer, but I think her looks are why she’s in that position. She reminds of Holly at point, which is fine, but she’s not memorable, IMO. Gina definitely earned that spot through showmanship and dance. 

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Jacie is a Rockette, right? I wonder if she got wind of Alora Rose trying out and passed the information to Kelli. I don’t really blame anyone in this scenario though. Most people make sure they have secured another job before leaving the one that they have, but that info getting back to your current boss is always a risk that you take. 

Count me in as being thrilled that Gina is one of the points. Even now, if someone has to be replaced, I would much rather it be Rachel than her. Rachel is a good dancer, but I think her looks are why she’s in that position. She reminds of Holly at point, which is fine, but she’s not memorable, IMO. Gina definitely earned that spot through showmanship and dance. 

Although it is certainly possible that Jacey knew and shared this info, I think it is more likely that Kelli has a relationship with the TPTB of the Rockettes.  She would have provided a reference for Jacie when she tried out originally, and would have checked A-R references last year.

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Christineelgene said:

Although it is certainly possible that Jacey knew and shared this info, I think it is more likely that Kelli has a relationship with the TPTB of the Rockettes.  She would have provided a reference for Jacie when she tried out originally, and would have checked A-R references last year.

Yeah, that’s likely. Kelli’s mention of “whispers” and “rumors” made me think she got second hand information about Alora Rose trying out, but I could be reading too much into that.

• Love 2

Here’s an example of how undetected filler can go. This is Kat on the DCC Med Spa sponsor page. She has 3 Syringes of filler for her look(I am not hating at all. I totally understand why the girls get it. I don’t think it’s for everyone though and adds weight to the face because it literally is adding extra volume. Not in Kat’s case she is always beautiful af💀6414228A-0A8C-4BE2-BBF4-3F98130824F3.thumb.jpeg.ec0fa3093935cbcc9a5cb42d8cc093fb.jpeg

Edited by dfwxo
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, sATL said:

I think what could stop the 6+ DCC is that it seems to be more coming in from the professional or college ranks. Meaning after 5 years of DCC, life (marriage, career, wanting a family, wanting to move, etc) , one has achieved most of the DCC accolades (their version of HOF, I guess), and just wear and tear on the body takes over. Or even if someone came directly from HS, their financial support system is also 5 years older, so its time for next chapter to begin,

And I wouldn't be surprised if a DCC did make it though to 5 yrs, K&J might look a little at them harder at the 6th tryout time , when new talent comes in - are their kicks as high as others, have they improved in dance,  over their 4 yr audition,  how have they been as a leader, is their appearance/weight the same as it was when they were selected , etc

3 quick examples - I don't think Briana-from TN would have survived another year of tryouts -should probably would have gotten out danced. But she came after college, after a couple of years in TN, cut at finals, then next year made it as a DCC. As much as I like Jacie - she knew this was the time to leave after 5? , and go try out for Rockettes - time is precious. Then I will always admire Kashara for leaving after 4 years - its just time to do other things - leave on the highest note.

I think what broke the run of 5+ year veterans was the intakes of the late 2017/19s where a lot of DCC had come from other teams so already had a number of years cheering, Bridget, Savannah, Lauren P,  Allana to name a few. You wouldn't expect them to stay 5 years when they have already done two or three elsewhere. Exceptions in that draft include Gina, Lexie, Lacey who came straight from uni. into the team. That is why they have made 5 and who knows maybe 5+.

• Love 3

7 minutes ago, PomPomPom said:

I think what broke the run of 5+ year veterans was the intakes of the late 2017/19s where a lot of DCC had come from other teams so already had a number of years cheering, Bridget, Savannah, Lauren P,  Allana to name a few. You wouldn't expect them to stay 5 years when they have already done two or three elsewhere. Exceptions in that draft include Gina, Lexie, Lacey who came straight from uni. into the team. That is why they have made 5 and who knows maybe 5+.

Lexie cheered for the Mavs with Alexis! 

• Love 5