Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, sATL said:

Did Alexa Rose make the Rockets ?

I wonder who Kelli "heard" the rumor from...or did the Rockets call to verify references?

10 hours ago, Holly85 said:

No she didn’t make it 

so I guess it will be a mystery if the reason she didn't make the Rockettes was based upon dance ability, OR, if word got back to them that she was also an active returning vet with DCC .hmmm

Edited by sATL
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Jcamille said:

I don't remember her name - she was blonde - and I remember her crying saying that for her height, she was expected to be 106 lbs. and that she had never been that weight and their was no way she could maintain that weight. Looking at her, she was probably 110 lbs, but 106 for anyone is crazy.

I remember her, just not her name.  One thing consistent about Kelli is her inconsistency.  The best example (besides her nepotism/favoritism) is talking about weight.  She often talks about how the uniform is custom fit for each girl, each body as there is so much diversity but then does a complete 180 and talks about how girls of the same height MUST be the same weight despite them probably being completely different in terms of how their builds and everything else.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, KatieLen said:

Jacie Scott is a Rockette so I wonder if they saw AR's application and asked her about AR

Nah jacie is a dancer not anyone involved with applications. Also rockettes is far more straight professional dance job and not sorority you can’t sit with us. They’re not combing social media trying to find besties. They hire dancers for dance jobs. Which is far better suited for AR.

3 minutes ago, sATL said:

so I guess it will be a mystery if the reason she didn't make the Rockettes was based upon dance ability, OR, if word got back to them that she was also an active returning vet with DCC .hmmm

Prob just outdanced this time. Rockette’s are not going to care about other auditions. 

• Love 22
37 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I remember her, just not her name.  One thing consistent about Kelli is her inconsistency.  The best example (besides her nepotism/favoritism) is talking about weight.  She often talks about how the uniform is custom fit for each girl, each body as there is so much diversity but then does a complete 180 and talks about how girls of the same height MUST be the same weight despite them probably being completely different in terms of how their builds and everything else.

Courtney (former Tampa Bay Bucs cheerleader, did 1 year and didn’t try out again)

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • Love 7

just noticed Madisyn the girl who gut cut pretty early was there too. So 3 out of 9 of the girls from TCU made training camp. (I'm guessing someone must have pointed out before when we found out all the tccs.

Edited by Kamal
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, Kamal said:

Her audition video did not wow me at all.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWMe_utrcFN/

I would rather watch Kylie's audition video any day. Yes. She is still my favorite cut tcc.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CV36m4erBuR/

OK Watched both and 100% honest they look like the same girl. Same look, same level of dance ability, same problems, Madeline just has the Legacy edge and slightly prettier, but looks are so subjective. 

You can tell both are trained, but just not on the same level as DCC has been lately. Neither have pretty lines, both sort of awkward and not polished, neither has great power, fluidity or musicality, honestly I'm not impressed at all. But they are pretty. 

Kylie's tilt and what ever that move was after the back walkover just look childish and untrained. Madeline's turns her shoulders and arms are totally unlevel and that squish the roach move looked really awkward. They both dance like good high schoolers, not DCC, to me.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Kamal said:

just noticed Madisyn the girl who gut cut pretty early was there too. So 3 out of 9 of the girls from TCU made training camp. (I'm guessing someone must have pointed out before when we found out all the tccs.

I don’t think all 9 of them auditioned 

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Kamal said:

Her audition video did not wow me at all.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWMe_utrcFN/

I would rather watch Kylie's audition video any day. Yes. She is still my favorite cut tcc.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CV36m4erBuR/

The audition videos really change some of the TCCs. I loved Pressley's, it really showed her strengths and MTT didn't air any of that. I didn't love a few others though. It made me wonder what other criteria they consider when picking TCCs, it can't just be the videos, because some of them seemed unimpressive. I wish they released the videos all at once so we could develop favorites or ones to watch as the season is rolling out. 

I feel like they kept Madeline this year because they didn't want to go through yet another cut with her. I did notice a few gripes on these boards seemed to maybe impact the show? Not that they give one ounce of attention to us - but a few things - there were no vet cuts, no outright body shaming, and they kept Madeline who seemed to have a big fanbase pulling for her prior to TC. It was a different season for sure .... I liked the improvements, but I didn't like all the fake prestige, and the way the scenes were cut, and episodes were spliced together seemed awkward. Prior seasons were much smoother. The overtime segments could have been WAY better and given the fans more a behind the scenes look, not a rehash of what just aired.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, PamPamPam said:

Based on what they've shown of Madeline S, I find her distinctly unremarkable, so much so she doesn't even qualify as a good blender.  

Agreed I’m beyond bored with Madeline S & think she lacks pop. Also her one note hair needs some lowlights/dimension & style. It just reminds me of big bird. Something about her feels a little disingenuous to me like crocodile tears…

• Love 8
53 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

OK Watched both and 100% honest they look like the same girl. Same look, same level of dance ability, same problems, Madeline just has the Legacy edge and slightly prettier, but looks are so subjective. 

You can tell both are trained, but just not on the same level as DCC has been lately. Neither have pretty lines, both sort of awkward and not polished, neither has great power, fluidity or musicality, honestly I'm not impressed at all. But they are pretty. 

Kylie's tilt and what ever that move was after the back walkover just look childish and untrained. Madeline's turns her shoulders and arms are totally unlevel and that squish the roach move looked really awkward. They both dance like good high schoolers, not DCC, to me.

Agree they are the same. I think the difference is that Madeline S. had already been training camp before. And she had auditioned in 2020 already as well. She should be improving.  Don't get me wrong I'm happy she's fulfilling her dream but I do think she's getting the legacy edge.

• Love 9
15 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I think they were just searching for a "reason" to cut her. To be fair it's probably the right call and I doubt she'll be back.

Ava was not one of my favorites and I don't disagree with her cut. With that said, I agree that they were looking for a "reason" to cut her. I also think that her cut was entirely for the show and not for the team.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, TB12 said:

Agreed I’m beyond bored with Madeline S & think she lacks pop. Also her one note hair needs some lowlights/dimension & style. It just reminds me of big bird.

I was a big fan back in the day (lol) but now I'm meh. Now that the season's mostly over, I can say that I don't really think she's improved, and she'll definitely be a blender. No pop whatsoever. 

I think she has a BEAUTIFUL face, so I'm mad that only a few rookies got makeovers. TF? I agree, her hair is pure yellow and doing her no justice. It drives me mad tbh

• Love 10
17 hours ago, dbell1 said:

Was Megan part of the makeover club? She could totally benefit for a darker hair color.

She was. She got a cut, which is cute, but the color is so blah. It's dishwater-y and doesn't do much for her imo

Also, I can't stand Kleine's hair. It's butter yellow and all one length. And they really didn't think she needed ANY kind of makeover? Ok

She also annoys me in general so maybe I'm biased

Edited by vanillagum
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, Kamal said:

So how about another game?

Name two of your favorite girls from the current squad.

One who is your favorite and would love to see as point. 

One who you can't see becoming point but still is your favorite.

Here are my picks.

love to see as point: Chandi

maybe not point but still my favorite: Dani

This is hard. I looked at all the vets, many I admire, but am totally indifferent if they return now that they have had a long tenure on the team (Erin and Caroline come to mind). 

Here is my list for those I hope return in 2023 and are all point worthy:

Jalyn, Amber, Chandi, Kelcey, Marissa, Armani.

I feel like Jalyn and Amber (Amber has pretty much confirmed it on social media) will likely retire though.

I left a few off the list intentionally:

I love Ashlee, but as someone else pointed out on the boards already, she looks tiny and a bit frail lately. I worry she is overdoing it, I would hate for her to get injured. Maybe she should retire and go out on top. 

And Claire, who is phenomenal, I wouldn’t mind if she left DCC to put her talents elsewhere, ya know? Love her, but totally indifferent to her as a DCC. 

Marissa I included on this list because she is talented, one of those DCC with extra pop and sparkle, and I think her tenure on the team should be longer than 2 years, especially considering her bf problems. I would like to see her come out on top and rise above it.

Most 2nd year vets I am completely indifferent to, season 15 was no good. But Armani does have a little extra magic so I didn’t want to forget about her. I also hope she returns next season.

As for favorite vets that maybe aren’t point worthy, I have a ridiculous soft spot for Kristin, I think she looks fabulous this season, which is likely her last.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

This is hard. I looked at all the vets, many I admire, but am totally indifferent if they return now that they have had a long tenure on the team (Erin and Caroline come to mind). 

Here is my list for those I hope return in 2023 and are all point worthy:

Jalyn, Amber, Chandi, Kelcey, Marissa, Armani.

I feel like Jalyn and Amber (Amber has pretty much confirmed it on social media) will likely retire though.

I left a few off the list intentionally:

I love Ashlee, but as someone else pointed out on the boards already, she looks tiny and a bit frail lately. I worry she is overdoing it, I would hate for her to get injured. Maybe she should retire and go out on top. 

And Claire, who is phenomenal, I wouldn’t mind if she left DCC to put her talents elsewhere, ya know? Love her, but totally indifferent to her as a DCC. 

Marissa I included on this list because she is talented, one of those DCC with extra pop and sparkle, and I think her tenure on the team should be longer than 2 years, especially considering her bf problems. I would like to see her come out on top and rise above it.

Most 2nd year vets I am completely indifferent to, season 15 was no good. But Armani does have a little extra magic so I didn’t want to forget about her. I also hope she returns next season.

As for favorite vets that maybe aren’t point worthy, I have a ridiculous soft spot for Kristin, I think she looks fabulous this season, which is likely her last.

Amber is retiring after this season 

16 hours ago, KatieLen said:

Jacie Scott is a Rockette so I wonder if they saw AR's application and asked her about AR

A Rockette and a show group judge this year......in an environment that adores the narc, this is likely your answer.

15 hours ago, Kamal said:

So how about another game?

Name two of your favorite girls from the current squad.

One who is your favorite and would love to see as point. 

One who you can't see becoming point but still is your favorite.

Here are my picks.

love to see as point: Chandi

maybe not point but still my favorite: Dani

I don't know...Dani is getting the Rachel replacement setup.  She could be a point.................

• Love 5
4 hours ago, StellaCL said:

I did notice a few gripes on these boards seemed to maybe impact the show? Not that they give one ounce of attention to us - but a few things - there were no vet cuts, no outright body shaming, and they kept Madeline who seemed to have a big fanbase pulling for her prior to TC. 

I think no vet cuts may have also had to do with the 4 vets leaving during camp. How many more vets can you afford to lose? (Although if Kelli really had her eye on a vet cut, it would have been done.)

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Kamal said:

Kaydianna and Christina

This picture reminded me of the DCC-short shorts discussion we had the other day. Generally, most of us agree the shorts are too short. Too long looks pretty ridiculous too (the DCC with the two extra dancers on the tv show recently). But I must say that I quite like the shorts worn by the ladies in this picture. They’re still tiny, but much more flattering because they are just a little bit longer on the hips and have a slightly higher waistline. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, vanillagum said:

I was a big fan back in the day (lol) but now I'm meh. Now that the season's mostly over, I can say that I don't really think she's improved, and she'll definitely be a blender. No pop whatsoever. 

I think she has a BEAUTIFUL face, so I'm mad that only a few rookies got makeovers. TF? I agree, her hair is pure yellow and doing her no justice. It drives me mad tbh

I am a fan of Madeline S, but I also agree that she blends in with the rest of the team and her dancing doesn't have that wow factor that is needed for DCC.

I still have that devil in my head that's saying she was only chosen this year cause Victoria took a break and once she comes back, Madeline will get cut and become a one year wonder. I really hope that doesn't happen, but I can totally see it happening and that's the sad part :(

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Kamal said:

Kaydianna and Christina

Ugh Alyssa 😭😭😭

I need to see her in the DCC uniform so badly. Also Madisyn needs to try out again. Both of them are STUNNERS!!!

And Sara Beth OH MY GOD!!! She's so pretty.

Ok at this point I wouldn't mind if DCC is made up of a majority of TCC showgirls. 

Edited by TheGenuineBeauty
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Ugh Alyssa 😭😭😭

I need to see her in the DCC uniform so badly. Also Madisyn needs to try out again. Both of them are STUNNERS!!!

Btw Alyssa is the girl with the blonde curly hair.

Alyssa went back to the Allen American ice angels she danced for them once before 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

I still have that devil in my head that's saying she was only chosen this year cause Victoria took a break and once she comes back, Madeline will get cut and become a one year wonder. I really hope that doesn't happen, but I can totally see it happening and that's the sad part :(

YES. I feel like their are a few rookies at risk being cut as a vet next season if they don't show major improvement - it is pretty much guaranteed they will have very strong auditioners/TCCs. And I bet VK will be back.

Edited by StellaCL
  • Love 6

A-R took it down pretty quick but did anyone see her IG story with her DCC collage that basically said Dallas wasn't for her and she found NYC more diverse? 

Although I've never been an A-R fan since her rookie season, she has lovely long legs and is a strong dancer.  She had posted sometime back that her heart was "heavy" in Dallas.  I wish she had made her choice ahead of entering TC.  I do however agree NY is more diverse and definitely has more pro opportunities for a dancer of her level.

• Love 13
18 hours ago, KatieLen said:

9 hours ago, sATL said:

But I doubt it tho. Jacie was in her rookie and 2nd year up until 2 years ago (in Rockettes) when she was also helping DCC with their audition. Jacie then took a year out in the 2019/2020 season for personal things (as she said then) and I think she had planned to re audition for 2020/2021 but covid happened) so I hardly think Rockettes cared too much about what you were doing outside of the Rockettes, because isn't their auditions and summer training in July/August and DCC always still in training camp in July when it clashes with Rockettes summer camps/auditions?

Plus didn't Alora Rose a Rockette at the same time as Jacie's rookie or Jacie's second year as a Rockette?

Does anyone know why the girls are not using their DCC instagram anymore? I noticed some of the girls who retired/left still have their DCC twitter 

• Love 4
22 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

Finally caught up on the last three episodes. Posting this while watching tonight's episode and will do a new post for that later.

In the episode for week six, I’ve always enjoyed watching the girls learn the entrance onto the field. The process really does weed out the weaker ones. I don't think I've heard the term "shimmer walk" before". Seeing Alora-Rose helping Kline and the other rookies, knowing that she leaves is a bit jarring. I mean you get the sense that she is invested in the team by her helping them out so based off of this you have no inkling that she wants to leave.

The kick clinic segment was a cool new addition. Those stretches they had them doing really do are effective. Loved learning about Jordann, but it’s a shame we only got her backstory on the episode that she was cut from the team. I did feel sorry for Kylie as well, but I do think it was right for her to be cut as she was making too many mistakes.

In the show group episode, I didn’t see the need to bring up how Jalyn went into the locker room after being cut from show group for Victoria. That seemed like rehashing, but I was glad to see her kick ass in the team dances. Glad that she made it back onto show group. It was cool to see Kitty back, but what was up with her being kind of snarky with Melissa Rycroft? I would love to know the backstory behind that tension. I really liked MJ Acosta-Ruiz as she seemed pretty fair in her opinions so I wouldn’t mind seeing her back on the show. Love Jacie Scott & thought she looked amazing. My favorite solos were Armani, Caroline, Claire, and Kline who is Maddie 2.0 for me in terms of her attitude, nice vibes and dancing.

As to when they announced show group, you could tell Ava & Lea both seemed very disappointed that their names didn’t get called. Makes me wonder if that, because several guest choreographers placed them in prominent positions in the dances and then praised their abilities, Lea & Ava got their hopes up and expected to make show group. I suspect one of the reasons Ava didn’t make it was due to the inappropriate video, but I can’t fathom why Lea didn’t make it as they sing her praises. Alora-Rose also seemed upset at not getting picked for show group so maybe this was one of the reasons she was thinking about trying out for the Rockettes. Lastly I do think it was right that they cut Ashley, because even though they liked her she just was not consistent enough in her dancing, but I do hope she tries out next year.

When it came to the makeover episode, I thought it was interesting that they singled out 9 girls. I wonder if they’ve always done it this way and they just decided to point it out this time, but it was rather weird. Yeah they didn’t come out and say “these are the ones that REALLY need help with their looks”, but the implication was there and if I were one of the girls trying out, I don’t think I’d feel too good about it.

LEA SPEAKS! I mean seriously we’re 8 episodes in & this is the first time she talks on camera. And boy she talks a lot in this episode. Between the makeover segment, practicing with Kline and chatting with Kelli about her hair on the sidelines, she was all over the place. It’s like someone in the editing department of the show finally realized that there was no footage of her talking and went “whoops, we’d better get some footage of her speaking stat if she’s gonna be sticking around.” 

Kelee and KayDianna were probably the most improved by their makeovers. Kelee got what looks like a very high quality wig that was flattering to her face shape and looked very natural. KayDianna looked adorable with those curls (kind of like Maddie before she started letting her hair grow long) and I was glad the mass extensions went away. They were really wearing her and to have half a pound of hair swinging around while you dance must be a strain.

Christina & Megan looked a lot brighter and it seemed that the makeovers really gave them that extra push. While I liked the red on Presley, I think they also should have given her some bangs or layers around her face & & it really didn't give her that pop & spice so I though her cut was right. 

I have to ask, do they have no one else other than Melissa to come into practices and give insight? Are there no other former DCC’s or notable Cowboys affiliated people in the area?

As to the selection of the points of the triangle, my favorites that they were considering were Lexie, Caroline and Ashley. I also think that Kelcey, Chandi & Claire would make great candidates for point in the future.

In watching Lisa’s speech, while she was never one of my favorites, I did feel bad for her as she talked about being in pain every day. You could tell that it was hard for her to leave. She must have a really high pain tolerance to have been able to stay in training camp as long as she did given how they’ve been practicing the kick line and jump splits and she was also at the show group auditions.

I agreed with all their choices for group leaders and was really happy for Jaylyn to be named as a leader. In the case of Alora-Rose (btw, boo on the cliffhanger), I do wonder how Kelli & Judy found out. I know Kelli said she was hearing rumors, but did those come from the other cheerleaders or did the Rockettes contact DCC to ask about her job performance there? If they heard it from another cheerleader that She maybe told the new in confidence, it’s a shame that someone spilled the beans, but if Alora-Rose truly wanted to try to audition under the radar, she should never have talked about it. If it was me, I would not have told anyone that I was even thinking about trying out for the Rockettes because I wouldn’t want rumors to start. I am very curious to see how she explains this to Kelli & Judy.

Ok, back to watching tonight's episode.

I concur. That “secret sauce” works and quick.  My “hammies” have always been tight, nothing worked.  The Emerald Belles Director had the exercises that made the difference and got my muscles stretched  

Thank you for reading my testimonial!

• Love 6
23 hours ago, sATL said:

wonder who Kelli "heard" the rumor from...or did the Rockets call to verify references?

Maybe Jacie Scott ? She is a rockette isn’t she ? That’s what I was thinking 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

I am a fan of Madeline S, but I also agree that she blends in with the rest of the team and her dancing doesn't have that wow factor that is needed for DCC.

You aren't the only one who has that little devil in their head regarding Madeline S and Victoria.  While I DO think Madeline earned her spot on the squad, I keep thinking that Kelli only chose her because she looks so similar to Victoria, has the same legacy status and will both grow and learn by being on the squad, I sometimes wonder if she'll be sacrificed to make room for Victoria.  I wouldn't be surprised if she's had some of those same thoughts and that she's wondering if Kelli is just using her as a placeholder until Victoria decides whether or not she's coming back.  That would be enough to make her not perform as strongly as she could.  After all, Dayton faced something similar when she was in Training Camp with Victoria.  Kelli could be harder on her in order to find a reason to cut her if Victoria comes back.

Just my thoughts on the situation and could be nothing more then fever dreams and founded on nothing more then rumors, past evidence of favoritism and nepotism, and the past behavior of both Kelli and Victoria then putting my own spin on things.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, StellaCL said:

YES. I feel like their are a few rookies at risk being cut as a vet next season if they don't show major improvement - it is pretty much guaranteed they will have very strong auditioners/TCCs. And I bet VK will be back.

I definitely think there are a few rookies who are only there because so many vets left unexpectedly that Kelli and Judy had to take them by default if they wanted a full squad. I don't think Kelli was particularly excited about Christina, Amber, Rebecca, Ava, Madeline, or Lea, and I wouldn't be surprised to see at least two of them cut as vets next year. Instead of, "They're all so good it's hard to decide who to cut," I felt like the situation towards the end of camp was more like, "I don't really want any of them, but if we cut them, we start the year 5 girls short, so we can only cut one... who will it be?"

I know some people like Lea's look, but it was clear from their comments during cameos and when the girls were dancing in groups that Kelli and Judy don't. I'm interested to see how much she will have changed (veneers? extensions?) if she returns for a second season.

I actually liked Ava's straight hair, but I think her look in general was just very young. She looks (and acts) about 15.

Edited by blairwaldorf
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, blairwaldorf said:

I definitely think there are a few rookies who are only there because so many vets left unexpectedly that Kelli and Judy had to take them by default if they wanted a full squad. I don't think Kelli was particularly excited about Christina, Amber, Rebecca, Ava, Madeline, or Lea, and I wouldn't be surprised to see at least two of them cut as vets next year. Instead of, "They're all so good it's hard to decide who to cut," I felt like the situation towards the end of camp was more like, "I don't really want any of them, but if we cut them, we start the year 5 girls short, so we can only cut one... who will it be?"

I know some people like Lea's look, but it was clear from their comments during cameos and when the girls were dancing in groups that Kelli and Judy don't. I'm interested to see how much she will have changed (veneers? extensions?) if she returns for a second season.

I actually liked Ava's straight hair, but I think her look in general was just very young. She looks (and acts) about 15.

I had a different impression - I think Kelli and Judy want to like Lea. There are plenty of DCC before her that weren't nearly as pretty. I think she is safe as long as she continues to be a strong performer and good teammate.

I do agree they were on the fence with quite a few - Rebecca, Jensen, Christina, Amber, Madeline. I suppose a lot of it depends how the season goes and how many new TCCs Kelli gets overly excited about.  I hate, hate, hate vet cuts, historically I feel like the storyline was heavily contrived for a tv show, but if this current group fails to show improvement, they definitely are not safe next summer. I feel like nearly every TCC cut this year will audition again, excluding Ava and Erin. And maybe not Mel if she likes her Dallas Mavs job. I wonder how many K&J will re-invite back to training camp? Probably only 2-3 at most if they continue with how past seasons have gone.

I don't expect to see Ava back. She's very talented and beautiful, I hope she finds a successful path in dancing.

Sidenote - does rookie Amber remind anyone else of Angela Rena, or is it just me?

Sidenote again - anyone else find it odd we hardly saw Charlotte this season? Is Hailey the one that got the Assitant Director job, so Charlotte is more in the shadows?

• Love 1

Oh back to the other story. I would absolutely watch a few episodes of "old timers dancing again." The tiny glimpse into the practice for the 60 year celebration intrigued me. Are Kelli and Judy dancing too?

• Love 3
On 11/12/2021 at 11:58 AM, PomPomPom said:

Is there anyone on here who will be at the game and try and record some of it. If so you have just become my best friend

I am your new Bestie.  I will be at the game and record it 

• Love 21
53 minutes ago, Kamal said:

Hey didn't our insider say that a vet (Alora-Rose) resigned but the show will edit it to make her look like she was cut?

I believe they said she resigned but didn't know if the show might try to spin it.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I believe they said she resigned but didn't know if the show might try to spin it.

Honestly it wasn't super clear to me what it was supposed to look like. Seemed like a mutual decision between K&J and AR for her to leave, but it seemed like it was suggested pretty heavily by them and she just wanted to leave on a good note, despite it being somewhat her choice as well? I honestly don't know if I would call this a resignment or a cut.

• Love 4

A deep thought question came to mind regarding AloraRose.  Just how , from a timing perspective, was she going to pull off auditioning for the Rockettes?  When exactly was the audition in NY?

The football pre-season was about to start, so the thought of getting on a flight to audition (which may be a couple of days process) and getting back before a game, function or a rehearsal seems awfully tight, I'm sure once the team is announced, the schedule is so packed, at best the only free time would have been an away game, with nothing else promo-wise going on. Then I am sure the "spies" would have told that she took an out of state flight for a couple of days.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, StellaCL said:

I had a different impression - I think Kelli and Judy want to like Lea. There are plenty of DCC before her that weren't nearly as pretty. I think she is safe as long as she continues to be a strong performer and good teammate.

I do agree they were on the fence with quite a few - Rebecca, Jensen, Christina, Amber, Madeline. I suppose a lot of it depends how the season goes and how many new TCCs Kelli gets overly excited about.  I hate, hate, hate vet cuts, historically I feel like the storyline was heavily contrived for a tv show, but if this current group fails to show improvement, they definitely are not safe next summer. I feel like nearly every TCC cut this year will audition again, excluding Ava and Erin. And maybe not Mel if she likes her Dallas Mavs job. I wonder how many K&J will re-invite back to training camp? Probably only 2-3 at most if they continue with how past seasons have gone.

I don't expect to see Ava back. She's very talented and beautiful, I hope she finds a successful path in dancing.

Sidenote - does rookie Amber remind anyone else of Angela Rena, or is it just me?

Sidenote again - anyone else find it odd we hardly saw Charlotte this season? Is Hailey the one that got the Assitant Director job, so Charlotte is more in the shadows?

I can see Melanie coming back they don’t do much dancing on Mavs team they mostly do appearances and throw tee shirts 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, vanillagum said:

Why do you think Erin specifically won’t?

Erin was out of her element, I thought she might realize that given how strong the other candidates were.
Also, Kya. I am not sure she will try again either.

I always find it fascinating that we don't get to know if they re-audition and don't make TC. We only get to see what MTT shows to air, or what a candidate might divuldge on social media.

Edited by StellaCL
typo
  • Love 3