Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

I think It is hard to predict who will be a one year wonder. Some years we’ve had several girls but I feel like it is just hard to predict who Kelli is going to lose interest in over the year and then when they come back to try out that May, it becomes clear to us who Kelli is no longer supporting like Breelan etc.  Kelli will take a chance but she is unwilling to keep those girls who plateaue.

Edited by cherryblossom
Misspelling
4 hours ago, SMP637 said:

I don't think she's had work....I think she's just lost alot of weight.   Her face had lost the fullness that she used to have.   She's teeny-tiny since she started doing Barre.  Have you seen recent pictures of her,  she has zero curves now. 

huh ? that doesn't sound like too good of news... its not like Kashara was an well endowed overweight person...

56 minutes ago, sATL said:

huh ? that doesn't sound like too good of news... its not like Kashara was an well endowed overweight person...

She looked fine on the field in MTT a few weeks ago discussing Ava's IG. That can't be more than 4 months ago.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, SMP637 said:

I don't think she's had work....I think she's just lost alot of weight.   Her face had lost the fullness that she used to have.   She's teeny-tiny since she started doing Barre.  Have you seen recent pictures of her,  she has zero curves now. 

She 100% got lip filler. If you go to her Insta and look at her post from June 5th, it's pretty clear. They look great and natural on her though, not talking crap!

Edited by DCC93
  • Love 5

Kashara looks like she 1) is using a filter 2) lip injection 3) little bit of botox or filler to tighten her jawline. She doesn't look like she's done near as much or filtered as much as some of the current younger DCC, but could tell better in motion and not a still pic.

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Doesn't that require needles being stuck in there?  That would be a double H no for me.

Yup 😫 I've actually heard lip filler is one of the most painful procedures you can get.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Doesn't that require needles being stuck in there?  That would be a double H no for me.

9 minutes ago, DCC93 said:

Yup 😫 I've actually heard lip filler is one of the most painful procedures you can get.

Yes and hell yes.

I get it to fill in lines around my mouth (never been a smoker, but it looks like I could have been 🙁), so it makes my lips a little plumper but that isnt the goal of the filler for me.   

It. Is. Painful. 

And expensive. I’m 44 and have a well paying job. 

Where are these girls getting the money for this? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

There are sponsors for everything, including the doctors that do fillers, etc.    So, if the cheerleaders are in promotional photos for the procedures, or just are in online advertisements, they probably get free services.   

Possibly. I never see them shilling anything to do with fillers on their accounts. No posts with #newlips #whodis #lovemymedspa hashtags. 

I also don’t follow many accounts, so there’s also that 🤷🏻‍♀️

Maybe the promotion is limited to in-house/local advertising? I’m not local so I won’t ever see it. 

Regardless, if Kashara did get fillers, they look good.  

• Love 3
On 11/7/2021 at 1:10 AM, Kamal said:

I hope Chandi gets point next year. Sorry but I like her more than Ashley. Ashley and Caroline can be in the triangle (and whoever doesn't retire) but duo point should go to Chandi and Kelcey. They will totally rock it.

This is a tough one.  I love both of them!!  I've been team Ashlee since the beginning (other than team Gina, I'm soooo happy to see her as point ~definitely deservedly so!  But Chandi is absolutely stunning and the girl can move ~ she's certainly deserving of the spot too!

• Love 8
16 hours ago, KoKo said:

This is a tough one.  I love both of them!!  I've been team Ashlee since the beginning (other than team Gina, I'm soooo happy to see her as point ~definitely deservedly so!  But Chandi is absolutely stunning and the girl can move ~ she's certainly deserving of the spot too!

This is a tough one. There are many talented ladies on the team who could be point and more coming through. As Judy said it's a good problem to have. I would love Gina to do another season as she is totally rocking point but unless either she or Rachel retire and assuming they stick with "a second look in the triangle", a lot of ladies will be disappointed. I don't think being "stunning" is the best qualification for point. They are all beautiful in there own way and beauty is subjective. Power Pom however is not and I think that is what is needed. Gina brings it and if she retires I would want to see another powerful dancer take her place.

• Love 6

https://youtu.be/KEKq6ywx5dQ

This may have been shared already and I missed it so apologies if this is old but Gina killed this! 

Compare Rachel with Gina, Gina really blows her out of the water.

Also I realize that there is only 2 points in Thunder but elsewhere like in show group performance, there is only one, which is Gina. Which guess is why 1st point is so special and is deemed THE point.

• Love 13

So here’s my thought’s for last Friday’s episode. Even though we all knew what was coming with Alora-Rose’s exit, it was still a bit shocking to watch. I will say I got the impression that she was surprised that they knew because she truly didn’t seem prepared to discuss auditioning for the Rockettes at that time. The way she hesitated & took a deep breath made she think she had to gather her thoughts. I will give her credit for not attempting to deceive them right out of the gate like Holly Powell did with her whole “I haven’t been talking to players” lie right to Kelli & Judy’s faces. I thought Alora-Rose did a good job of explaining herself and her reasoning behind wanting to audition for them because I’m sure she missed New York and the fact that she didn’t make show group probably gave her another push. I do think the way she said she was invited was a bit misleading because she made it should like the Rockettes reached out to her first, when its more likely that she submitted a tape of herself which would mean she’s been thinking of leaving DCC for a while.

Kelli seemed like she was a lot more ticked off then she let on and I do agree with Judy when she said that Alora-Rose was probably not going to say anything about leaving until she knew if she made it onto the Rockettes. I mean its only natural that you don’t want to give up employment until you are sure of having something else. It was pretty clear that she wasn’t planning on leaving the team that night when she was telling her teammates because you could she that she was very upset. I do wonder how Kelli & Judy found out, but I suspect that maybe Alora-Rose let something slip to someone and then it spread that way. If they had found out because the Rockettes contacted them for a reference or something, I think Kelli would have mentioned that when she was talking to Alora-Rose.

Moving on to the cameo segment, first off can they please get a new photographer in to inject some fresh energy and poses into the process? My God, it’s the same guy for years and years with pretty much all the same poses! One arm over the head, both arms raised, one leg popped, thumbs in the belt loops, one leg crossed behind the other and holding one of the ties on the blouse. In addition to how people get confused because so many of them look alike, this might be another reason people get confused about which girl is which…because they all do the same freaking poses!!

I did think it was sweet how Amber & Madeline got emotional and that Madeline was wearing her mom’s earrings. Of the rookies, I think Kline, Tori, KayDianna and Madeline looked really stunning in their cameos. Ava was pretty, but for some reason, she seemed very low-key in her photos. Lea was the most awkward which was probably due to being nervous and that she’s never done professional photos on this level. Hopefully she gets more used to it by the time they do the calendar shoot. Also, we still haven’t gotten her backstory, but since the finale is this Friday, we probably won’t be. Oh and ever since Kelli said that Lea looks like Christine Baranski, I can’t unsee it. Not that that’s a bad thing because Christine is a respected film, TV and stage actress, but as soon as Kelli said that I was like “oh My God, Lea does look like her.”

As for the last part of the episode where they were nitpicking some of the smaller things/issues the girls had, I really got the sense that all of that was being included as filler. Because really, a few of the things, like Madeline being pigeon-toed or Ava stretching dance moves out, had never been mentioned before so I thought it was being done to drag out the last cut for tension and keep people guessing about who the last cut would be. And speaking of that last cut….

When Kelli & Judy mentioned that Ava had made another questionable social media post….I honestly thought I misheard them. Because after their last conversation with her, you would think she would have learned her lesson. Now we don’t know yet what she posted, but at this point, what exactly it was doesn’t matter to me because if she was stupid enough to post something objectionable again after they told her to be more responsible, then she doesn’t deserve to be on the team. Even her reason for posting it wouldn’t matter. Forgetting is not an excuse because when its something that impacts your job, you better damn well remember. And if she did it because she wanted to & didn’t care about the rules, then that shows her immaturity and a sense of entitlement. In fact, I could she her becoming like Holly Powell because she’s talented and was getting so much praise, that I could see it going to her head with her starting to think she can get away with stuff. So maybe it’s a good thing she didn’t make the team. This way she can think about what she lost and take a year to mature and learn what she needs to do to prove she’s worthy. I just can’t wait to see their conversation with her when she gets cut.

Well, those are my thoughts. Onward to the finale!

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

Moving on to the cameo segment, first off can they please get a new photographer in to inject some fresh energy and poses into the process?

Hopefully it won't be someone Kalyssa used.

2 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

Oh, didn't mean to leave out Loni Lindsey.  She was a doll.  I'm glad she made it to the reunion. 

I was really rooting for her that year.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
On 11/12/2021 at 9:44 PM, Bellisima08 said:

I have to ask, do they have no one else other than Melissa to come into practices and give insight? Are there no other former DCC’s or notable Cowboys affiliated people in the area?

🤣  😂  🤣. So polite and yet so...pointed and on point! I'd love to see it. Or, if they insist on the scenes with MRS, then please just let us hear more feedback from the vet than MRS saying, "Get out of your head," etc.

On 11/14/2021 at 4:16 PM, LynneH said:

I'll play

Favorite - Rachel

Jada is also my favorite but will never be point as she's the center 50 and the tallest

Kristin is my runner up who will never be point

Expanding on the game:

Love to see at point/triangle  (only selecting those currently on show group) in no particular order:  Marissa, Armani, Claire, Chandi, Jalyn & Kelcey 

Favorite Rookie:  Lea.  Although there are many rookies I really like, I seem to notice her the most.

I like the game and expansion! 

Favorite:  Ashlee

Fave who will never be point:  Kat

Love to see at point/triangle from current SG:  Ashlee, Kelcey, Chandi & Caroline, Armani, McKenzie

Favorite rookie: Tyra (Kellee and Megan are close 2nds)

Added: Favorite not on Show Group: tie between Dani and Elli

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, M1977G said:

Favorite: Ashlee

Fave who will never be point: Kat

Love to see at point/triangle from current SG: Ashlee, Kelcey, Chandi & Caroline, Armani, McKenzie

Favorite rookie: Tyra (Kellee and Megan are close 2nds)

Added: Favorite not on Show Group: tie between Dani and Elli

Favorite: Gina, Lexie, Jalyn, Amber, Caroline, Kleine

Favorite who will never be point: Jalyn and Amber :(

Who I would love to see in the triangle (that's not currently in it): Caroline, Jalyn, Marissa, Kelcey

Favorite rookie: Kleine, Tyra, Tori, Madeline S

Favorite not on show group: Erin, Madeline M, Dani

Edited by dccfan204
  • Love 4

Y'all, what is going on? First, they posted that video from alumni that made it seem like Gina was THE point. And now they are acknowledging Rachel as point, too? 😂 (They did another video just like this showcasing Gina as point, as well.)

IMG_3502.jpg

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, Isolabella said:

Y'all, what is going on? First, they posted that video from alumni that made it seem like Gina was THE point. And now they are acknowledging Rachel as point, too? 😂 (They did another video just like this showcasing Gina as point, as well.)

IMG_3502.jpg

Why do I get this weird feeling that Rachel W. will come back for a fifth year just to get the "first point" position? (and possibly Pro Bowl if she doesn't get it this year, my money is on Gina for Pro Bowl) 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Isolabella said:

IMG_3502.jpg

They keep calling Rachel a second year point but wasn’t she just the point on the video bc they weren’t on the field? Also, I don’t think this still of her is all that great given how photogenic she is…

• Love 1
15 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Why do I get this weird feeling that Rachel W. will come back for a fifth year just to get the "first point" position? (and possibly Pro Bowl if she doesn't get it this year, my money is on Gina for Pro Bowl) 

Mine is on Lexie, who IMO is seriously underrated.  I do really like Gina, and she's a great dancer, but Lexie is too.  I think she'll get Pro Bowl despite never being point, like Nicole B.

Also, I liked this little video of Rachel W.  Sometimes her eyes don't have life in photographs, despite her beauty, and this video gives her a little extra spark.  (Still not point spark, but hey, no one asked me.)

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

Yes 

that's a shame.. with a new 17 week season, surely they could have put together a couple more episodes.  there was one season way back when they showed the final squad, then a preseason game, more corrections and a couple of regular season performances / appearances.

• Love 8
Just now, sATL said:

that's a shame.. with a new 17 week season, surely they could have put together a couple more episodes.  there was one season way back when they showed the final squad, then a preseason game, more corrections and a couple of regular season performances / appearances.

Season 7 aka the longest season ever lol 😂 

• LOL 6
On 11/18/2021 at 1:42 AM, PomPomPom said:

Screenshot_20211118-000856_Instagram_1637194622928.thumb.jpg.06f28f0f392ca1f608f4016caa8a37ca.jpg

Can someone explain that term "the goat" and why Nicole is refered to as that? Because I don't see her as that kind of animal etc

6 minutes ago, Weeklydcc said:

I am livid and disappointed in that. Some of it is so so so SO short. Even the heart felt ones the year Danielle Barhold retired, where they return the uniform/have interview in the locker room was better than this year's "this is DCC <insert name> signing out, bye"

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
Just now, Uk-Eve said:

Can someone explain that term "the goat" and why Nicole is refered to as that? Because I don't see her as that kind of animal etc

I am livid and disappointed in that. Some of it is so so so SO short. Even the heart felt ones the year Danielle Barhold retired, where they return the uniform/have interview in the locker room was better than this year's "this is DCC <insert name> signing out, bye"

G.O.A.T - Greatest of All Time....

• LOL 7
51 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Savannah went first, giving a little extra…so when Sydney’s was so short and sweet I laughed out loud. Turns out most of them were, tho. 

Yes, only Savannah and Rachel seemed to have time for the camera. Sydney was like her tenure, one and gone. I think that is the only time other than her Rookie season that  I have heard Savannah speak on camera.  DCC  media and promotion need to get their act together and get these ladies "out in public" particularly as they are supposed to be ambassadors.

Edited by PomPomPom
  • Love 5
On 11/14/2021 at 8:42 PM, TheGenuineBeauty said:

It's pretty obvious that they will always be at least one "one year wonder" every year whether it is because of retirement or cuts, and if everyone decides to come back like in 2019 when all of the 2018 rookies decided to reaudition, K and J will make sure that there is at least one girl that gets cut. I am pretty sure that there is not one instance where all rookies becomes vets (I'll have to double check on that to confirm, but I am pretty sure it has never happened in the history of DCC)

Kelli has commented on this before and said it is hard to see girls go before they are ready to retire but it is part of their process to keep the team competitive and make room for the TCC.  I think this system works for them.

• Love 4
On 11/13/2021 at 5:38 PM, StellaCL said:

YES. I feel like their are a few rookies at risk being cut as a vet next season if they don't show major improvement - it is pretty much guaranteed they will have very strong auditioners/TCCs. And I bet VK will be back.

Groan.  

So besides Amber (that I've seen), has anyone announced that this is their final DCC year?

Whats also the chances of Madeline Salter staying next season, if and a big IF VK does audition again next season? 

Edited by Uk-Eve
3 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

So besides Amber (that I've seen), has anyone announced that this is their final DCC year?

Whats also the chances of Madeline Salter staying next season, if and a big IF VK does audition again next season? 

Taylor j 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Lona said:

More retirements coming! This is from a producer.

EA0135F9-81A0-4C48-A283-25E0129D481E.jpeg

2 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Stemming from the 4th years 

Why yes. There will be many retirements coming soon. And yes. Most, as can be expected, will be from the 4th years. 

This upcoming season is really going to be a changing of the guard. It will be sad, no doubt, but also fun as we see new candidates for leadership and upper triangle. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, Dr. Manhattan said:

Why yes. There will be many retirements coming soon. And yes. Most, as can be expected, will be from the 4th years. 

This upcoming season is really going to be a changing of the guard. It will be sad, no doubt, but also fun as we see new candidates for leadership and upper triangle. 

I think we are all ready!!!

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Dr. Manhattan said:

Thanks I can’t wait to see who all retires 

When a rookie TCC becomes a DCC, do K&J make them retire their personal SM accounts, on every platform? So if they had a platform on YT/IG doing something positive, and non-dance/football related, that brings in a few $$, that is now lost income? I mean high schoolers start YT channels..

I'm trying to figure out what Kelli meant " we are more consistent as a group what we post on SM" { something like that }....Is that why when they post, which sometimes get reposted here, their posts are all kinda the same - like what lipstick, clothes, someone is wearing where...