Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

2 HOUR SEASON FINALE!

Sophie seeks justice for her trauma, and Maggie forces Gary to take a hard look at himself and his relationships. Meanwhile, Eddie goes to extreme measures to fight for his family, and Rome and Regina make big changes for their future.

Promo:

Original air date: 6/9/21

Gee, Delilah, did you think of asking your kids if they want to move to France..? (Though they said Sophie is 18 so she can't make her.)

Oh my god get this kid off my screen. Please.

Finally, someone reads Delilah the riot act.

C'mon, Gary. You made me cheer. You're one of the few characters I didn't hate tonight. Don't do something stupid.

• Love 17
(edited)

Delilah, go back to France. I think most viewers will celebrate you being gone. How freakin' selfish can you be? Uprooting your kids' lives because you can't deal? Grow up. Waa waa--you couldn't grieve Jon's death because you decided to have an affair with Eddie and you had a kid. 

And she's paid for her mistakes?????? Since when??????

Sad that your 18 year old daughter is more mature than you. Loved Gary telling her what I'm pretty sure every viewer was thinking.

Glad Eddie took the mature stance, and I liked his solution.

So, next season will have a murder trial? I really, really hope Gary comes to his senses. Peter is the scum of the earth, but not worth murdering.

Edited by historylover820
Forgot to include something
  • Love 13

I wonder if the teacher has a security camera.  Gary could do a lot of time for Breaking & Entering, kidnapping, assault....that’s a long prison sentence.  If he’s stupid enough to do that, I don’t care.  We’ll see if his friends will visit him in prison.  

Sophie should have consulted with an attorney.  Teacher could file civil claim against her for defamation of character. Truth is a defense, but can she prove it?  

Delilah’s return sure brought a lot of sorrow.  I was hoping she’d hop back on the plane and leave ASAP.  Danny may just have to adjust and move to France.  It has to be better there than in that house, right?

Charlie sure looked old to be saying her first word. Odd.

• Love 13
(edited)

I don’t think Gary would murder him, just beat him up or make him confess.  If he was going to kill him, he wouldn’t have bothered blind folding him.  But, it’s very selfish on Gary’s part. He’ll cause his dad to get charged with accessory to the crime, obstruction of justice for lying.....not good. Plus, Sophie will blame herself....just a bunch of BS that I’d rather not see.  

And, after Gary kicks the trash can in the police station, who might be the first person they suspect?

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Wow, I forgot how annoying Delilah could be. She just decided to pick up and move to France without consulting her teenage children or the father of her baby? Eddie does have legal rights to see Charlie, I don't think a parent can just move a child to a new country without the other parent's okay, can they? And Sophie is 18 or almost 18 and applying to colleges. Did Delilah really think she'd be able to force Sophie to move there? I totally get wanting a fresh start after everything she's been through, but it impacts a lot of other people.

Did Delilah say she was from France? I thought her mother was French but she grew up in the US?

Gary is making a very poor decision. I guess he thinks it is helping, but I'm not sure how it will help Sophie in any way. Darcy seems ready to change her mind about kids for him.

Is Maggie's podcast live? I thought most were pre-recorded. It would probably be smart to edit out her saying the guy's name, because he seems like the type who would sue for defamation. It sucks that is the case when she is telling the truth, but it is risky. It would be better if she just referred to her music teacher or something, because then people who knew her would figure it out.

I thought Darcy's reason for not wanting more kids at first was a bit weak (if she thought a half sibling would hurt Liam, just treat him better than your parents). There were plenty of other reasons they could give her for that decision that would have felt more real.

I hope Katherine takes Eddie's agreement. It seems like a fair way to address her concerns. I am guessing Darcy won't want Gary moving with her after she finds out about what he's doing with Peter, but I am not sure Katherine will consider him a great supervisor anymore.

Tyrell is entertaining as a character, but I didn't really care about his storyline.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

And Sophie is 18 or almost 18 and applying to colleges.

Delilah said (when they were talking while the police officer was out of the room) that she was 18.

• Love 3

Does Delilah have enough money to live on?  I watched the first season, but got sidetracked when there was some revelation about his assistant and money left, property.....can Delilah afford to keep the house for the kids to live in and her move back to France....leave Charlie with Eddie and Eddie lives in her house with the kids?  Just get her off the show. 

• Love 10

I really, really hate that they went there with Gary’s character. I’m not sure how you come back from that. And I loathe the message it sends. 

It was truly surprising to me how no one among the group thought there was a possibility that Peter would not be arrested. He’d clearly covered his tracks with the text he’d sent Sophie and there was no hard evidence of what he’d done. It’s truly awful, but unfortunately all too common. Maggie at the very least I thought might temper their expectations for any kind of justice. 

• Love 17
(edited)

I was hoping they would at least say what crime Peter committed.  I think they said something about Assault....hmmmm....how?  After checking the statute, simple assault in their state  is defined as an act that places another in fear of imminent harm.  But, I’m not sure what Peter did constitutes that crime....the detective didn’t think so either.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I was hoping they would at least say what crime Peter committed.  I think they said something about Assault....hmmmm....how?  

According to the first result on google (which was Cornell Law School): 

The definition of assault varies by jurisdiction, but is generally defined as intentionally putting another person in reasonable apprehension of an imminent harmful or offensive contact. Physical injury is not required.

In the context of assault, the victim's "apprehension" happens if the victim believes that the tortfeasor's conduct will result in imminent harmful or offensive contact unless it is prevented.

It is not necessary that the victim believes the conduct will be effective in making such contact, only that the victim believes the conduct is capable of making such contact.

I'd think masturbating in front of someone without their consent could be considered sexual assault. And the victim could certainly reasonably fear it could progress to something worse.

• Love 2

WHy?  Just Why?  WHY!?!??!?  I don't want to watch this crap with Gary.  I don't want to sort of hate Gary if he gets away with it.  Just WHY!?!??!

Feel free to go Delilah all your friends are totes cool with raising other peoples children.  I'm sure somebody will check in on Sophie and raise Danny.  Bye.   

• Love 14

Yeah, I called that there would be nothing Peter could be charged with. Sophie was 18 and he didn't physically touch her. But I don't know why everyone just automatically assumed that the police would just get up and arrest Peter right then and there. He covered up what he did very well. And there's no evidence. It would be a "He said/she said" case, and he had already covered his tracks.

I was worried that they would blame Sophie with the picture and I'm glad they didn't go there. But there's not much of a case. I don't know the law that well or anything, but I do know that.

Oh, yeah, I forgot above (with steam coming out of my ears over Delilah and everything)--any bets on Eddie meeting the woman who ran him over, but they end up getting along so well that they become a couple? Or she was drunk and he will end up being her sponsor? What's the most melodramatic thing that you can think of other than those two? (Seriously, what do you guys think?)

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I'd think masturbating in front of someone without their consent could be considered sexual assault. And the victim could certainly reasonably fear it could progress to something worse.

Hmmmm......based on the facts that even Sophie would admit to.....I can’t see the state winning on this.  We shall see I suppose.  But, if Gary roughs him up, I can’t see them charging him on an iffy case.  Maybe, there’s a second diary the dead girls parents will find that reveals a lot more.  

• Love 1

Oh wow. How much stupid can be in an episode. Everyone has just completely lost it. 

Theo continues to prove he can't wipe his own ass, Danny continues to be an arrogant ass, Terrell continues to be a self-entitled ass, and Gary..... Gary, what the heck? I honestly pity anyone he wants to "help" because he always always fixates and takes it too far. It makes me uneasy when someone needs a leash at all times to comprehend boundaries. And he JUST offered Eddie a home, then to turn around and chase Darcy out of town and ditch everyone? Uncle Gary should just stay an uncle. 

Eddie is delusional if he thinks he can get joint custody bone fresh out of rehab without Katherine's consent. The fact that their child is the dumbest kid alive means they will both forever be blaming themselves and each other when he sticks his finger in a light socket.

I don't know that any of them would like Delilah if she wasn't connected to their dead friend. 

Sophie is getting over it, as she should. She is not a minor, and he never touched her. He sucks, but let it go, girl.

I'm still amused that the guy who plays the smarmy teacher is a musical nerd on other shows. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Chewy101 said:

Danny continues to be an arrogant ass,

For not wanting his mom to uproot his life and take him to France without even speaking to him about it?   For thinking that the guy who was planning to run off with his mom and literally break his family owed him some sort of discussion?  I thought Danny was pretty chill this episode, honestly.  

And he JUST offered Eddie a home, then to turn around and chase Darcy out of town and ditch everyone?

And ditch everybody else?  He's their friend.  He's not their dad.  He doesn't owe them anything.  Relationships change.  People move.  Gary saying no, I'm going after building a family rather than trying to fill that gap with my friend group is probably progress for Gary.   What is not progress for Gary is whatever hurt he's about to put on the man who hurt Sophie.

Eddie is delusional if he thinks he can get joint custody bone fresh out of rehab without Katherine's consent.

After voluntary residential rehab, a previous history of 11 years sober while being the primary caretaker of his child.  And a short term dependency on prescription pain killers?  And this case isn't getting before a judge immediately so he has some sober time under his belt and some successful supervised visitations?   I don't think  there is any chance that Eddie wouldn't get joint custody but if he didn't it would be visitation and mandatory drug testing  for probably no more than 6 months before he got joint custody.  Yes, Eddie's drug history will be a mark against him but the 11 years sober before his sip, the fact that the slip was prescription pain killers and that he voluntarily entered a rehab facility would all be marks in his favor s would the years he spent as Theo's primary caretaker.   Drugs can absolutely be an issue that keeps parents from getting custody but not usually short term slips of white collar drugs with white collar parents.

He sucks, but let it go, girl

I think we see her doing in this episode but telling her story is absolutely essential for her to be able to move on.  See Regina being unable to move on until she told her story.  Healing is a process but it isn't always easy or linear.  This person was a person she trusted, he made her feel vulnerable, and dirty, and stupid.  He violated her and those feelings don't go away without working through them just because somebody else was violated on a grander scale.  She's working through her experience.  She's on a good path.  But I don't think we're anywhere near the threshold of 'let i go already" 

• Love 24
(edited)
15 hours ago, ams1001 said:

That is true, but having Sophie do the picture later does hurt her case. You can factor in her age, maturity and fear but his response and no other complaints, do hurt. My husband is a cop and what the cop said about a defense attorney tearing her apart would happen without backup. It doesn't mean you don't complain, but all actions have repercussions. Pervs like him though rarely act in a bubble as we have seen time and time again.

Re Delilah, good for Gary but I would have added, he didn't leave you, you were planning on leaving him, met with Eddie, you were carrying Eddie's baby. Jon lived, he'd be alone, you'd be off with Eddie, he'd see you pregnant with Eddie's baby and you'd have the house he bought you and everything else. Please, it wasn't a one night stand. The only difference if he lived would be he'd be there to pick up the pieces instead of Gary. His friend group would be damaged and very awkward. How he took her dribble for so long, IDK.

Re Gary, So unrealistic even for a soap. What Gary did is a crime that is not hidden and you can't assault someone and break into their home and get a coerced confession. Who wrote this? When cops do it it's wrong, which is why criminals are set free and does he think Peter wont know who's voice it is? Are his children and wife home? How ridiculous. How frightening for them. Maybe I missed something re his family but this is so wrong. It's a fantasy of what people would like to do but in reality, he'd be the one in jail.  Also, Sophie mentioning his name was crazy too. I thought Maggie, even if a fake shrink would know that defamation of character without evidence is a crime. I was so shocked when she said his name. Even if she said music teacher and what he did , that would be enough to have some girls question if it was him and inquire if they were assaulted without the crime. I thought the writing improved since i stopped watching last year but it was just a few shows.

If a fantasy it goes from stupid to lame 

Edited by debraran
  • Love 7
(edited)
7 hours ago, ams1001 said:

I am not sure how it varies by state but over here this act puts a person in the sex offender list.

Edited by circumvent
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, historylover820 said:

Delilah, go back to France. I think most viewers will celebrate you being gone. How freakin' selfish can you be? Uprooting your kids' lives because you can't deal? Grow up. Waa waa--you couldn't grieve Jon's death because you decided to have an affair with Eddie and you had a kid. 

And she's paid for her mistakes?????? Since 

I wonder if the writers read this forum because that speech Gary said to Delilah felt like many of the comments said here🤣 

And wow, Delilah, how entitled and inconsiderate. Does she ever not think of herself? How about settling back home for a while before thinking of going back? Maybe being back home will make her forget moving. When I come home from a vacation I still think of the  place I left (lots of good memories) and going back but that lasts for a day or two before reality and being home settles. How can Delilah  think of making a decision like that without discussing with her kids? They are not five. They are young adults with lives of their own and it's not as if she's leaving because of a job. She's leaving to be around people who don't know what type of person she is and what she did. 

Tyrell can just go next season. I really wish this show continued where Covid doesn't exist instead of shoehorning it in to fit some storyline or plot that will be forgotten in the next episode. Rome got the shortend of the season finale storylines. No cliffhanger where you are curious about his character.  With Regina we know she's closing the restaurant, has her concussion so there's a "what next" vibe to her story. They could've done a follow up to the commercial with Rome facing backlash from insiders in the industry. 

Kinda saw the incident with Theo coming. I don't have kids but even I wondered why Katherine didn't turn off the stove. It's butter. Not soup. Butter cooks fast on a hot stove and will be ready before her phone call ends. But Eddie did have a good resolution. 

Agree with others on Maggie. She did so well counseling Sophie and Gary with the teacher. She should've warned them there might not be enough evidence with the teacher and not naming him. Maybe Delilah's return took her brain, too. 

Gary. Gary. I guess everyone has a breaking point. Last week was definitely a red flag alert when Darcy pointed out how he goes all out for his friends and she, his girlfriend, is second to all of that. I do feel for Gary because he does act like the glue holding everyone together, he is that friend who always go above and beyond to help his friends, doing everything and being that friend we all want to have but he doesn't get that same love and loyalty in return. Maggie finally noticed. Eddie sort of did. Maybe others will follow suit.

• Love 4

I’m one who never liked Gary. He’s that friend who is always helpful but has simmering rage just under the surface. His behavior in this episode was over the top. Not sure I believe Darcy changing her mind so quickly about having kids. I don’t hate Delilah. Jon had an entire life that was kept secret from her, apartment, money, relationships. It’s not all on her. It was shortsighted to think about moving to France but I could see wanted to move beyond the grief in some way.

Maggie should have clear with Sophie on not naming her teacher. If he survives Gary he will probably sue her. I did think Eddie handled things right with Katherine. Everything is not only up to her. I’ve known a lot of people who got divorced and they always think they have complete say in what happens and the court system doesn’t see it that way. This whole episode made me feel tense. I would liked to have more positive storylines.

• Love 4

One thing I can say about this episode was that Gary telling off Delilah was the best scene of the whole series for me.  Finally someone is letting her know she's not the only injured party.  It annoyed me that she is barely back and already Eddie is hurrying over there to baby proof the house.  Eddie is also an asshole for saying to Katherine that Delilah lets him around Charlie without supervision.   Sorry Sophie fans but if I had to hear "oh Soph" one more time I was going to scream.  I don't know why they didn't just go over to Peter's house (including the dead girls parents)  and announce in front of his wife exactly what he did, that might have given some satisfaction.  I am hoping Gary is not beating the hell of this guy, maybe he going to get him to admit what he did.  If he assaults him and gets arrested that will be the end of Darcey which could mean they will go there with the storyline. We all know he will end up with Maggie.  Rome and company were a non event for me.  Not sure why they are having the person who ran over Eddie come forward now, unless they plan on the two of them getting cozy at some point.  

• Love 8
10 hours ago, ams1001 said:

C'mon, Gary. You made me cheer. You're one of the few characters I didn't hate tonight. Don't do something stupid.

Everyone seems to be moving forward except Gary. I admit, the show suckered me into thinking Gary thought better of it by the time Peter got to the door. Looks like Gary's storyline next season is going to be both grimdark and stupiddumb.*

Can't Regina have a heart-to-heart with Delilah? I think Gina might be the brightest one of the bunch. I haven't been the most impatient with Delilah, but even I'm getting tired of her whining. Just -- geez, lady, talk to your kids!

This is more of Nash's "flipping" the characters, isn't it? I'd roll my eyes, but I'm afraid of doing myself serious injury.

(*Okay, I made that word up, but can you blame me?)

• Love 3

I don't really know what to say about this one except, go to France and never come back, Delilah. And yes, sure, your unemployed, paralyzed, soon-to-be-single-parent baby daddy can just fly over to France on the regular and visit his daughter. And show, please, let Vigilante!Gary be a fake-out. Do. NOT. Ruin. My. Favourite. Character!

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
36 minutes ago, Sandman said:

This is more of Nash's "flipping" the characters, isn't it? I'd roll my eyes, but I'm afraid of doing myself serious injury.

That's PRECISELY what I was thinking throughout much of the episode. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

I do wonder about people like Gary who are always laughing, joking around, making smart remarks......maybe, Gary was sitting in his car fantasizing what he’d like to do when he has a thought of Jon and decides to leave without confronting Peter.  Or, maybe they have a heated heart to heart about his treatment of women and Peter agrees to stop teaching, move away and not to report Gary to the police.  Or, Peter’s wife comes downstairs hearing the commotion and shoots Gary.  Then next season we watch Gary struggle to survive on life support.  I’m not wild about any of these scenarios.  It’s difficult to believe people open their doors at night without knowing who’s there.  That’s really risky.

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 5

I really liked the finale. I can say as someone with a teenage god-daughter, I would've probably reacted pretty similarly to how Gary did it. 

I'll swing by later with my thoughts on each storyline involved in the finale. 

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I do wonder about people like Gary who are always laughing, joking around, making smart remarks......maybe, Gary was sitting in his car fantasizing what he’d like to do when he has a thought of Jon and decides to leave without confronting Peter.  Or, maybe they have a heated heart to heart about his treatment of women and Peter agrees to stop teaching, move away and not to report Gary to the police.  Or, Peter’s wife comes downstairs hearing the commotion and shoots Gary.  Then next season we watch Gary struggle to survive on life support.  I’m not wild about any of these scenarios.  It’s difficult to believe people open their doors at night without knowing who’s there.  That’s really risky.

Not to mention how many homes (especially higher end like this one) have doorbell cameras now. Mind you, it seems like Gary really planned ahead for an alibi, so maybe he disabled it or blacked out the lens off-camera. Can you say premeditated? Ugh.

Which reminds me: is Javier Sr. supposed to be aware of what happened to Sophie and is assuming Gary is going after the guy? Or is he just prepared to alibi his son no matter what he might be about to do?

• Love 10
(edited)

Didn't Maggie give up her apartment? Did she sublet? Was it empty the whole ... year? (I don't actually know how long ago it was in Million Little Things time since Maggie left for Oxford.) I found it jarring that she's just back there, podcasting away, seemingly without transition. And yes, Maggie's apartment is what I'm choosing to focus on right now...

ETA: Except to add that, while I'm glad Javier Sr. is so unswervingly loyal to his son that he's prepared to alibi him out, the fact that Junior is going to let him is incredibly disturbing and feels out of character for Gary -- but this whole Vigilante Gary thing feels deeply wrong to me. (See "grimdark and stupiddumb," above.)

Edited by Sandman
"Flip," my ass.
  • Love 5
(edited)

An episode this long is just exhausting, its so stuffed to the brim with melodrama I cant even keep track of everything. This shows problem has always been that it always has to add extra drama on top of already ridiculously dramatic situations and just has so much going on that it ends up feeling ridiculous. Also that the characters are freaking idiots half the time, its hilariously predictable, the show feeds on needless conflict, and its obsession with dealing with every single issue it can possibly think of makes it seem like these people must have pissed off the wrong sorcerer that has cursed them to go through every single situation that a person can possibly go through while also running into people going through every issue that these people cant go through. 

For fucks sake Gary, this can only end badly for everyone involved. I thought that he had finally come to terms with the fact that he cant fix everything, but apparently he needed to handle those feelings of helplessness by getting his dumbass self arrested for beating up the creep teacher, and also probably his dad for making him an accessory, it will be easy to guess it was Gary who attacked him considering Sophie just announced Peter's name on Maggie's podcast, so now everyone will be able to guess who did this pretty easily. So Sophie could be sued for defamation just in time for her surrogate uncle to go to jail, what a great solution to this terrible problem. The worst thing is that this is clearly not even about Sophie, Gary is beating the shit out of Peter because he feels bad that he cant fix this and this will make him feel better. I also feel like Darcy will definitely be rethinking Gary as dad material after this, especially given her own PTSD and issues surrounding violence. 

Sophie's story has mostly been handled pretty well, better than I thought it would be, but I find it a bit weird that no one even guessed that they didn't have enough evidence to convict Peter. They have no actual evidence, just Sophie's word and one comment about a bathing suite in a dead girls diary, so of course the cops cant arrest him on that, you would think that at least someone in the group would have guessed that and would have prepared Sophie. Its good that she went to the cops, now if another victim comes forward they can establish a pattern and maybe someone else will have real evidence, but I figured that this would be how it went. It really sucks and is terribly unfair, but that is just how these cases can go sometimes. You would at least think Maggie would have guessed this and would try to prepare Sophie for this possible outcome. I kept waiting for Sophie to go to Peter's wife to tell her what Peter did, and the wife would end up finding evidence, but they never went there. Although with Gary breaking into her house to attack her husband, I am guessing things will be coming out pretty soon. 

I did really enjoy watching Gary tell Delilah off though, that was extremely satisfying. She can run off back to France between seasons, its clear that everyone else in their friend group is cool with raising her kids, just go ahead and leave please and thank you. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't Eddie and Delilah plan on leaving their spouses before Jon killed himself? I seem to remember Delilah talking about how she made Jon a reservation to go to a hotel to stay after she dumped him for Eddie, but even beyond that, her just announcing that she is moving their family to France so that she can feel better, without even consulting her babies father or her teenage kids, just seems ridiculously selfish. That is pretty on brand for her, but that's an awful thing to spring on your kids with so little discussion. It also seems really manipulative that she apparently brought Sophie to Paris partially to subtly sell her on moving to France, not just to be there for her after this terrible thing happened. Sophie is at least eighteen so she doesn't have to go, but I guess that sucks for Danny. Does he even speak French? Going to a new school always sucks, especially as a teen, but to a totally different country? During a pandemic? Ouch. She sounded like a total ass when she was all "you can see Charlie in the summer and visit whenever" to Eddie, because I am sure that a paralyzed out of work musician has the time and money to just whizz off to France every other weekend. She can not get off my screen fast enough.

So we are finally getting some movement on that actually interesting idea for a story with Eddie being hit by a car that was derailed by this awful divorce story? At this point? I am glad that Eddie didn't use the accident as fodder for his custody case, but I just hate this divorce plot so much, its so depressing that I end up being like "can we get back to something more light hearted? Like the pandemic?" and it just means that so much of Katherine and Eddie's story such a huge waste of time. So who's long lost relative will this women who hit Eddie be? 

Why the hell is no one wearing a mask in June of 2020?! If the show wants to do the "moving through 2020" thing, just commit to it, you cant give us this subplot about people dying of COVID while literally no one is wearing a mask, even in a hospital. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 12

A good solution may be for Charlie and Danny to stay in their home and Eddie move in and care for them there. Delilah returns to France with plans to FT and return to get Charlie for the following summer. Except, Gary can’t come to visit due to his criminal charges. Or, Peter beats Gary up and he’s in a wheelchair now too. They can all live in Delilah’s house and care for the kids.  Sophie moves to a dorm or in with Maggie.    

Can you imagine Theo wondering how you handle anger.....his examples are his dad damaging a car and Uncle Gary attacking a man.   This better be a dream that Gary wakes up from.  

And even though I like Katherine, she needs to get real with child rearing.  She’s too afraid to tell her kid the truth outright.  Instead of lying and pretending you are taking the day off work to placate your child, just tell him outright that it’s not a day that he is spending with his dad, period.  He can sulk, whine, blame you, but get over it.  All that coddling is disgusting and handicapping Theo.  No wonder he’s so demanding. 

• Love 6
(edited)
45 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

... its obsession with dealing with every single issue it can possibly think of makes it seem like these people must have pissed off the wrong sorcerer

And Nash's world just got at least 15% more interesting.

I'm not saying I'm gonna line up for tickets to A Million Little Things in the Multiverse of Badness, but if Baron Mordo is part of the cast next season, I'll at least watch the premiere.

For whatever it's worth, it was my impression that Delilah came up with the idea of moving to France permanently after Sophie spent time there, not before. I don't think selling Sophie on the move was part of any agenda on Delilah's part. Otherwise, why not discuss it while Sophie was there? I also seem to remember that going to France to visit Delilah was Sophie's idea, not her mother's -- but I could be mistaken.

SunnyBeBe, don't forget Katherine's varied and expensive forms of passive aggression as examples for Theo of how (not) to handle anger.

Edited by Sandman
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Charlie sure looked old to be saying her first word. Odd.

I’m a retired SLP, and you raise an interesting question (although given the confusing time frame who knows how old she actually is). Kids roughly have their first 50 words by one. After that, they begin to string them together in 2s and 3s, experimenting with meaning. The classic example is: “mommy sock”. Could mean mommy’s sock or mommy, I want sock depending upon context. However, she took the child to a foreign country during critical language development months. I don’t remember Delilah speaking French regularly to her since Charlie was born, so to be suddenly plunged into an environment where the language is different, probably delayed her willingness to produce her own words. I took it as a good sign that she was riveted on the conversation going on during the shaving scene. Bilingual kids usually produce less in the early years, yet, take it all in. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
(edited)

Have Gary and Darcy really never talked about having kids before? I feel like that's a really big thing to discuss as a couple, probably something to talk about before you get to the "talking about moving in together" stage of the relationship. I guess Gary assumed that Darcy would want more kids because she has a kid, and Darcy assumed Gary didn't want kids because he didn't bring it up? It seems so weird that they never talked about that before right now, especially with so much talk about Liam and being a parent. Luckily Darcy's reason for not wanting kids is stupid, so that got resolved quickly. 

At least until Darcy finds out about Gary going all vigilante on Peter, that is probably going to throw a real wrench into their relationship. The kid thing might not even be an issue if she breaks up with him over that.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah, Gary’s actions were really extreme.  Darcy’s ex probably wouldn’t be ok with his son continuing to be around Gary.  He seems unstable. 

Maybe a dumb fantasy ?? That would be lame but it’s just so outlandish 

• Love 1
(edited)
16 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Wow, I forgot how annoying Delilah could be. She just decided to pick up and move to France without consulting her teenage children or the father of her baby? Eddie does have legal rights to see Charlie, I don't think a parent can just move a child to a new country without the other parent's okay, can they? And Sophie is 18 or almost 18 and applying to colleges. Did Delilah really think she'd be able to force Sophie to move there? I totally get wanting a fresh start after everything she's been through, but it impacts a lot of other people.

Did Eddie ever file for paternity?  Was there ever genetic testing done to prove he is Charlie's father?  In mos states, if a woman is married at any point during her pregnancy, then her husband is the legal father and his name goes on the birth certificate.  Delilah was presumably  already pregnant when John died and she hid the truth about the baby's paternity until well after the birth.  I doubt Eddie has done the work to prove paternity; he and Delilah were getting along well, she had no problem with Eddie being involved with the baby and, once Eddie was outed as her babydaddy; everyone else seemed to accept it.

If Eddie wanted to try to force Delilah to stay in the US with Charlie; he'd first have to establish his rights as the father.  This takes lawyers and time.  And money. of course.  Eddie is already running up debt getting legal help for his divorce ad custody battle over Theo; I doubt he as the money or the time to prevent Delilah from leaving with Charlie.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Eddie is also an asshole for saying to Katherine that Delilah lets him around Charlie without supervision.   

That bugged me because he also included Danny in that, and not only does Danny not need a babysitter (they established in the episode that he's just finishing his freshman year of HS, so he is 14 or possibly 15 depending on when his birthday is), he is perfectly capable of taking care of Charlie for a few hours, as well. It's not like Delilah left Eddie in charge for a week.

And why didn't Delilah ask Eddie (or Gary or Maggie) to baby-proof the house before she got home with the baby?

6 hours ago, Sandman said:

grimdark and stupiddumb.*

(*Okay, I made that word up, but can you blame me?)

I like it.

2 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

he and Delilah were getting along well, she had no problem with Eddie being involved with the baby and, once Eddie was outed as her babydaddy; everyone else seemed to accept it.

Cue the medical emergency where they realize their blood types mean he can't be her father.....

• Love 3

Maybe I am missing something but I didn't get why they stuck in the story about that guy losing his wife to Covid.  Was it to make Gina realize that some people lost so much more than her?   Where is Delilah's father, did he die?  She is going to move to France and leave her dad behind, or is she taking a senior citizen with dementia to France with them?  Someone let Delilah know your problems travel with you.  Jeez, her kids really have a love hate relationship with her.    Also, why does Charlie have blonde hair!

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Sandman said:

Didn't Maggie give up her apartment? Did she sublet? Was it empty the whole ... year? (I don't actually know how long ago it was in Million Little Things time since Maggie left for Oxford.) I found it jarring that she's just back there, podcasting away, seemingly without transition. And yes, Maggie's apartment is what I'm choosing to focus on right now...

Yeah, I think Maggie sublet her apartment for the year she was going to be gone, and that's why she had to stay at Gary's. It definitely has not been a year.

Maggie left in January/Febuary-ish at the end of last season. When Eddie was in the hospital in the premiere they had a clip on the news in the background about Covid. Then they had a month time jump and a few episodes later Maggie flew back because the cancer clinic in London had shut down, and then she got stuck in Boston. Rome said last night Father's Day was the previous week, so we are now in June. (Even though it seems like a ton has gone on since the George Floyd episode).

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Also, why does Charlie have blonde hair!

It might darken. My dad had blond hair as a baby and dark-brown hair as an adult. My brother had even lighter blond baby hair that turned dark blond/light brown when he got older. We have a cousin (on my mom's side) whose hair did the same thing; they may or may not have gotten it from the same side of the family. His brother and I both had medium-brown hair all our lives (mine was very dark when I was born and lightened to a slightly-reddish brown). Who knows? Genetics can be weird.

Sophie's blonde, but I don't know if that's supposed to be her natural hair color.

• Love 2
(edited)

This double episode was just chock-full of melodrama for everyone!

Gary - if he has done what it appears, he is just ruined and that is just so wrong.  We know he is hot-headed but how could he think this would help anything?  If he has committed a violent illegal act, there's no good resolution.  There goes the Hero Friend or a grown up life making a family with Darcy.

Deliliah - yes, please move to France permanently and abandon your children, as when you planned to do when running off with Eddie.  There is no need anyone has for such a completely self-centered character.  Poor, poor, widdle Delilah; people think bad things about her for stuff she's done, boo-hoo-hoo.

Katherine - sorry, can't stand her.  I understand what others say about  how badly she was treated and how Eddie's relapse was the last straw but her nastiness still is excessive to me.  If I gave a shit about Theo, I'd point out that her passive-aggressive behavior is not great for him.  The way she acts, you'd think Eddie's relapse was due to wild partying rather than a poor judgement in response to severe pain.

Theo - he just gets worse, such a babyish, spoiled brat he is.

Tyrell - I'm so glad to see that he came around to seeing how good Rome and Gina have been to him and he got down from his high-horse a bit.

Sophie - someone should have told her that she had no proof and not only would it be a he said/she said situation in court, he had covered his tracks well with the response to the picture she sent to him.  Telling her story in the podcast could have been a good idea, but she ruined that by naming him.  Now he can sue her.  This is another storyline with characters backed into a corner.

Maggie - I've never been a fan of hers but she is bearable away from Gary and helping Sophie.

Rome and Gina - to end this on a high note, they are my favorite characters, in particular Rome is really so good.

Edited by Suzn
  • Love 3

My .02:

I see constant reference to the fact that the actress who plays Delilah is based in the US and has a family.  Those are the excuses reasons cited for her missing so many episodes.  Is every other member of the cast based in Canada and/or doesn't have children?  Just wondering.

Would most fathers get a sense of what Gary was planning and quietly go along with it?  No attempt to discourage Gary or talk some sense into him?  Stopping at his dad's clearly made this premeditated and that was the best plan he could come up with? 

As others have said, this is in the height of the pandemic yet Peter goes to his door, doesn't see anyone and steps outside? 

Does anyone else get an odd feeling when Charlie is on screen or there's a promo picture of her?  She seems physically too large for her crib and is almost cowering in the corner.  I am afraid that she hasn't adjusted to the cameras and actors and that she is frightened.  Assuming Charlie is back year, and I certainly hope she and her mother are not back, I hope they change child actresses. 

I doubt Charlie's first word was "Danny".  I think she spoke a full sentence: "Get me my agent".

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
28 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Maybe I am missing something but I didn't get why they stuck in the story about that guy losing his wife to Covid.  Was it to make Gina realize that some people lost so much more than her?   Where is Delilah's father, did he die?  She is going to move to France and leave her dad behind, or is she taking a senior citizen with dementia to France with them?  Someone let Delilah know your problems travel with you.  Jeez, her kids really have a love hate relationship with her.    Also, why does Charlie have blonde hair!

She's been in France with her father if I understood everything correctly. I guess she left him there and came home to screw up her kids' lives.

• LOL 7
22 minutes ago, Suzn said:

... he had covered his tracks well with the response to the picture she sent to him. 

I think Maggie actually said this, or something very close to it, when Sophie first talked about what happened.

Having said that, I can't imagine why Maggie wouldn't have gone over with Sophie what exactly she was going to say in telling her story, nor can I imagine that the issue of naming Peter didn't come up until the moment Sophie uttered his name in the podcast. I think Maggie had a slightly "Eeep" kind of facial expression, but that's it? Yeah, I don't think so.

• Love 2

Wow, Eddie got 30 whole seconds of minor irritation from Danny for having an affair with his mother. And then he even made it sound like it was a good thing it happened because he loves his sister Charlie so much. You know, the sister that he said he didn't miss at all while she was in France for months.

Delilah's pity party had me rolling my eyes. Jon was your best friend and your whole life? Really? How is that true when you were having an affair with your best friend's best friend and talking about leaving your alleged best friend for his best friend? And then she had the nerve to say that Jon left her - she was talking about leaving Jon to be with Eddie! All the things she said about why she liked being in France were not about grieving as she tried to tell Gary. It was about running away and escaping the stigma of who she is and what she's done.

Let's just say Jon hadn't died last year. How would your best friend have reacted to finding out you were pregnant with his best friend's kid? Either way, Delilah life was going to be blown up.

Awww, Gary's conversation with his dad was great. That is definitely the kind of talk you can only have after a lot of self reflection and honesty. It can be hard to admit those things to yourself, let alone to someone else, so I was proud of him for admitting all of that to his dad.

Wow, it's going to be awfully coincidental to the police that Sophie names her abuser the same night that he gets the shit kicked out of him. I'm sure she won't be questioned by the police about this!

16 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

How in the ever-loving FUCK did this show have the AUDACITY to do a "My wife just died of COVID" plot in the middle of a show where NO ONE IS WEARING MASKS IN JUNE 20 FUCKING 20?!?!

Especially since it was two service workers. You'd think they would be more likely to wear masks, but apparently not. I don't know when mask mandates went into effect in Boston, but where I live, we definitely had to wear masks in June 2020.

44 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

why does Charlie have blonde hair!

Mendelian genetics and recessive genes. In case you've forgotten about the good old Punnett squares from middle school biology, two dark haired parents who each have a Bb genotype have a 1 in 4 chance of having a blonde child.

15 hours ago, Chewy101 said:

Sophie is getting over it, as she should. She is not a minor, and he never touched her. He sucks, but let it go, girl.

Just because he didn't touch her doesn't mean that he didn't assault her. She was assaulted and she was traumatized. Trauma is similar to grief in that people heal on their own timeline and no one gets to tell them when they should be over it. It's been maybe a month since her teacher, an authority figure, violated her trust and masturbated in front of her. I think she's allowed more than a few weeks to get over it.

17 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Wow, I forgot how annoying Delilah could be. She just decided to pick up and move to France without consulting her teenage children or the father of her baby? Eddie does have legal rights to see Charlie, I don't think a parent can just move a child to a new country without the other parent's okay, can they?

Halle Berry had a custody issue when she wanted to move to France. Her ex-boyfriend objected because they had joint custody of their kid and he lives in Los Angeles. They went to court and she was told that she could not move to France with their kid. It was even more of a shit show when Kelly Rutherford and her husband divorced. Her lawyer reported some information to the U.S. state department which resulted in him being deported (he's German), but she ended up shooting herself in the foot with this strategy. He is no longer allowed to enter the United States but they have joint custody. She wanted to have the kids live with her and then she would take them to Monaco to visit their father, but the court ruled the opposite way. They said that because he can't travel here, they should live with him and Kelly can go there to visit them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

A lot to unpack in this episode:

Delilah: I've said all along that I didn't miss her but I kind of felt for her here. When she talked about being surrounded by the memory of Jon and the fact that he killed himself, I can't argue with that. Regardless of the affair with Eddie and Charley's birth, she got to spend a few months someplace where she didn't have memories of Jon and I can't hold that against her. 

Rome/Regina: I thought their stories were well done. The worker who lost his wife got to me. Regina losing Someday reminded me of Beth losing her dance studio on This Is Us. COVID has cost so many of us in horrible ways that we are only just beginning to acknowledge as a culture. 

Sophie/Maggie: I liked the evolution of the situation with Layla's parents. When the mom said that at least they have some idea why she killed herself, I thought that was powerful.

• Love 3