Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

What a depressing season finale!

Is there any time jump that I missed? Maggie's apartment is now vacant. She's supposed to go to Oxford for 1 year, so logically the sublet period should be 1 year as well. Based on AMLT timeline, it has been only since 6 months right since she moves to England. And out of no where, Eddie can drive now? No adjustment period, and what about his chronic pain?

Before going to the police, someone in the group should at least give a heads-up to Sophie that her case isn't that strong. It's good that they are so supportive but they need to keep it real as well. I hope Maggie will edit out the part where Sophie mentioned the teacher's name before posting it.

Darcy's conversation with Gary about not wanting kid, then quickly changes her mind within a day - this is stupid, lazy writing.

Not happy with what I think Gary does to that creepy teacher, and not happy with what he makes his father do for him, selfish Gary! For now, I'd like to think it is all Gary's imagination.

I hope this is the end of Katherine/Eddie's custody battle arc, so sick of it.

Only Gina's signature is required to sell Someday? Delilah isn't a co-owner? Both of them don't even discuss about this restaurant and how to move forward etc. Going to the police station is much more important huh! Gina can remember names and story about that service worker. Is she still using her health as an excuse to close Someday?

Is Delilah living and surviving on Jon's insurance money? She doesn't seem to worry about money at all, all she cares about is what people think of her, shallow woman! Gary telling her off is the best finale moment, so satisfying!!!

And hey Delilah...

50cc5b8596291dc735187e634d1a73f226f70eb5

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
21 hours ago, historylover820 said:

Delilah, go back to France. I think most viewers will celebrate you being gone

It would be nice if Stephanie Szostak just came back for two or three episodes just to close-out her character, but I doubt it. After several pretty decent episodes in a row, seems like Delilah's return marked a return to mediocrity for the show, and tons of misery for the characters.

1 hour ago, marceline said:

Sophie/Maggie: I liked the evolution of the situation with Layla's parents. When the mom said that at least they have some idea why she killed herself, I thought that was powerful.

Did anyone else notice that Layla's father was played by the same actor who portrayed Olivia Benson's brother in L&O:SVU? He's aged very well.

10 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I do wonder about people like Gary who are always laughing, joking around, making smart remarks......maybe, Gary was sitting in his car fantasizing what he’d like to do when he has a thought of Jon and decides to leave without confronting Peter.

Yeah, that type usually has a lot of repressed anger and maybe even some serious rage going on. Sad thing is his inability to suppress those emotions are probably going to cost him Darcy and the family he really wants.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Also, why does Charlie have blonde hair!

lots of kids with blonde hair as a kid grow darker later.  Lots of dark haired parents have recessive blonde genes.  I probably would have cast kids with darker hair but I have no issue with Charlie being a blonde whose hair will darken or Charlie being a kid who got the recessives.  

(edited)
40 minutes ago, bybrandy said:

lots of kids with blonde hair as a kid grow darker later.  Lots of dark haired parents have recessive blonde genes.  I probably would have cast kids with darker hair but I have no issue with Charlie being a blonde whose hair will darken or Charlie being a kid who got the recessives.  

Sophie is blonde, so there must be a recessive blonde gene in Delilah's DNA.

I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet, but what's with the woman who hit Eddie calling him? I feel like once they established it was really just an accident and not revenge, that was really all they could do with it. I guess they could have a storyline about pressing charges against her, but if we don't know her, who cares?

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, snarkylady said:

I see constant reference to the fact that the actress who plays Delilah is based in the US and has a family.  Those are the excuses reasons cited for her missing so many episodes.  Is every other member of the cast based in Canada and/or doesn't have children?  Just wondering.

Well, let me see...

James Roday Rodriguez isn't married and doesn't have kids. I think Psych was filmed in Canada, so he probably has does have residence there.

David Giuntoli is married and has at least one kid. I think Superman & Lois (which his wife is on) probably films in Canada. That would make sense since a bunch of these shows film in Canada. So I can see them living there.

Romany Malco also isn't married and doesn't appear to have children

Allison Miller also isn't married and doesn't appear to have children.

Christina Moses isn't married and doesn't have children. I'm sensing a pattern.

Grace Park is married with one child. Not sure if she's based out of Canada or if she's living there with her family.

So out of the adult cast, only three of them are married with children. 

Now, all of this I got from IMDb. Whether it's accurate or not is up for grabs.

• Useful 1
8 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Maybe I am missing something but I didn't get why they stuck in the story about that guy losing his wife to Covid.  Was it to make Gina realize that some people lost so much more than her?   Where is Delilah's father, did he die?  She is going to move to France and leave her dad behind, or is she taking a senior citizen with dementia to France with them?  Someone let Delilah know your problems travel with you.  Jeez, her kids really have a love hate relationship with her.    Also, why does Charlie have blonde hair!

If I remember correctly, she went to Paris to BE with her father before he dies. He lives there, I think?

"This show is so fucking stupid."

That is my sentiment at the end of 80% of the scenes of this show. Don't ask me why I've stuck with it to this point but I am most certainly out for what I can only assume will be the final season.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

When Katherine said they were going to cook popcorn I moaned....I knew there would be something odd that would happen.  Then when she mentioned butter and left the kitchen...I changed the channel for a bit. I knew it was coming.  Lol But, I’m not always right. When that guy was chatting with Gina at the restaurant....I though it was risky being alone and taking him to a secluded place inside.  Not security minded at all.  Some creeps come off as nice guys.  Ted Buddy comes to mind.  

Sophie and her supporters should have spoken to Catherine about legal advice in the beginning. She could have given them some general information, even if it’s not her area and referred them to someone who could help.

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 5

I don't have much to say about this episode other than the absurdity of Gary attacking Peter because that's assault, and it is traumatizing - yeah,Peter deserve it but what Gary did is a crime. I don't like Gary and now I dislike him even more. I didn't like Darcy and her "line in the sand" (such a terrible expression, since a line in the sand disappears easily) but at least she came around and saw how decisions can change with life.

I used to like Katherine, now the writers are making her this awful, insensitive, almost irrational person that goes from the need to have a therapist counseling her and Eddie on how to better end a marriage, to bitching about Eddie not calling when he wants to see his son, or deliver a document. And for the first time I liked Eddie - his proposal to Katherine was the best he could do in a bad situation. 

Delilah crying for hours was way too much. I can't stand the breaking of things as a way to vent frustrations. Only on TV, where apparently the huge house cleans itself. Such a cliche!

I think the way they showed Sophie's case being derailed was very realistic. By default, a victim of assault has to prove almost beyond doubt that something happen BEFORE an investigation starts (this is how I think it is, since so many cases get dropped). "Me Too" or not, the whole system is still reliant on the misogyny it was crated on. A woman still "asks for it" if in a moment of distress she dresses in a "inappropriate" (to the system) way. Her mental status after an assault does't count, she needs to be composed and rational. And being young is not a factor either. UGH!

Now, what really bothered me in the episode: they are still in the summer of 2020, since the George Floyd protests are happening, and Rome mentioned Father's Day was "recent" (I think). Why is Gary walking around wearing a hoody AND a jacket? 

My guess is that they will do a time jump in the next season, nobody will know what Gary did - whatever that is - and that will be the main drama of the show. Not sure how they will work the Delilah story, and Charlie - who finally grew out of infancy! It will likely be something absurd that will complain about. Sophie will probably be Maggie's new roommate, Danny will be gone, poor kid. I also think that the kid who plays Theo is about to get a growth spur. Let's see if they write him less annoying, if I am guessing correctly.

• Love 7
(edited)
8 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

It was her response to breaking up with Eddie. Like re-finishing the table. A new life, a new her.

They are suddenly making her guy seem like a real winner now. He's a grown man acting like a hormonal teen. If you don't want to wait, if you just have to have Katherine now while she's reeling and still married, move on. He was so rude to her on the phone when she called about a client (wrong but still)

1 hour ago, circumvent said:

I don't have much to say about this episode other than the absurdity of Gary attacking Peter because that's assault, and it is traumatizing - yeah,Peter deserve it but what Gary did is a crime. I don't like Gary and now I dislike him even more. I didn't like Darcy and her "line in the sand" (such a terrible expression, since a line in the sand disappears easily) but at least she came around and saw how decisions can change with life.

Delilah crying for hours was way too much. I can't stand the breaking of things as a way to vent frustrations. Only on TV, where apparently the huge house cleans itself. Such a cliche!

Do you think that is real. I was tired when I first watched it, later it seemed a bit over the top. A hood over his head? Are we the mob or torture group?Was there anything about his family mentioned, I dozed once and might have missed that line. Would anyone, even a idiot do that in front of children and a wife. Gary would be so far in jail, even Katherine couldn't get him out. The other thing that didn't make sense was his dads' alibi. He's a good man, he never would let his son do something without an explanation. If his prints and cars GPS being there, his dad would get in trouble covering for him.  I had given up on the show and boredom had me watch again and I caught some good episodes for a night soap but then this finale was way to far from reality. Maggie allowing Sophie to say his name? No pause or way to delete it? She can't be that dumb. She already had issues with her podcast and she knows radio.

In interview Nash did say this though so maybe I'm wrong. His talk with writer:

When I got the idea for the scene… I called Elizabeth (writer)to go, “Hey, I just want to make sure you’re OK with this story,” and she goes, “I love it.” Because part of what our show is is a bunch of writers talking about their pain and maybe writing different endings, you know? You write the version of your parents’ divorce you wish had happened, or you write the version of losing a friend to suicide. I mean, they all come from very personal places. So, then I talked to James [Roday Rodriguez], he said to me, “What happens on the other side of that door?” … And then he said, “OK. Love it. Where do we find moments of that leading up to it?” He and I talked pretty extensively, because I wanted him to play some subtle moments. Whether it’s something a little more overt like kicking the trash can in a police station, [and] there are other moments that when we get to next season, you’ll realize, oh, did they know here? And those are moments that he and I and the directors found to place.

I did find Darcy's "no kids" a way to have them break up but then it seemed she was trying to say she changed her mind. If he's in jail as another post said, not a good role model for her son and he needs therapy as everyone else does. I have seen mom's with children from one guy not want to have another with new spouse, because they fear (whether true or not) favoritism later for the younger one.

I do like your clean house comment. Others have lived in homes but Delilah, everything is tidy, clean, shining and any messes are cleaned up between takes. Who helps her keep up that huge home? They never mention help but she was never the happy homemaker. Gary's speech was the only part I liked, when dressing her down, but even he didn't know Jon saw them meeting and knew she was running off with Eddie. I think if he did know, he'd despise her at least for a little while. Only they know she was packed and leaving him food etc. Where they were going I'm not sure but I sometimes wish they kept Jon alive and had her leave with Eddie and have the soap be about that.

Edited by debraran
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Casting really did a crappy job with the actress portraying Charlie. That child was the size of a toddler, not a baby saying its first words. That really bugged me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Chewy101 said:

If I remember correctly, she went to Paris to BE with her father before he dies. He lives there, I think?

No, she took him there as one last trip, and he broke his hip while they were there, which is why they were stuck there.

10 hours ago, Katie111 said:

Why is Katherine’s head shaved? 

10 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

It was her response to breaking up with Eddie. Like re-finishing the table. A new life, a new her.

And I hate it! (Not the table, just the hair. I'm kind of impressed by the table...I sure don't know how to refinish a table, nor do I look good in overalls.)

2 hours ago, circumvent said:

I get the impulse. Sometimes I want to throw things. But then I remember, I'll be the one who will have to clean it up, and my house is messy enough already. And tiny bits of broken glass in the living room with a toddler around. Great idea. Hope she vacuumed really well.

2 hours ago, debraran said:

They are suddenly making her guy seem like a real winner now. He's a grown man acting like a hormonal teen. If you don't want to wait, if you just have to have Katherine now while she's reeling and still married, move on. He was so rude to her on the phone when she called about a client (wrong but still)

Guess we should have known he was too good to be true. Grow up, dude.

• Love 6

Delilah wants to move to France because there she's not the sad widow/cheater that everyone knows.  I hate to break it to her but she could accomplish the same thing moving to Lenox with Darcy.  How well known does she think she and John were? Outside of her friend group in Boston she's a nobody.

That said I have to admit I loved the scene with her and Gary - it was very well acted and also good in a way to see both of them blow their tops and have an actual fight not a polite, slightly irritated discussion.

I've been thinking for awhile they should have just given Eddie visitation and partial custody as long as he took and passed regular drug tests.  I can't believe it took them this long to come up with that; at least they both seem to be coming down from trying to take the "fight dirty" road.

As far as Peter goes - I was wondering if Gary's little revenge attack was going to end up backfiring on Sophie.  She of course doesn't know what he was planning and he didn't know about the podcast.  But she named Peter to any and all listeners and if he ends up severely beaten he could say, especially with lack of police charges, that she defamed him and that her statement set vigilantes on him.  If Gary is going to beat the guy up I hope he brought gloves - having a great alibi doesn't get you far if you leave fingerprints along with having some bruised and bloody knuckles.

• Love 1

Man, as much as I hate the "It was all just a dream"/"Bobby in the shower on the TV series Dallas" plot, I hope y'all are correct and Gary's B&E and kidnapping is just a fantasy. Something that he imagines he's going to do. Maybe he's sitting in his car, imagining it and sees the wife and kid enter the house again and decide not to do it. Maybe he even gets up to the door and the wife answers the door and he tells her what happened and they confront the scum together who confesses.

Yeah, both of these are lame, but probably better than throwing Gary in jail. (The scum isn't worth going to jail over, Gary!)

• Love 4
On 6/9/2021 at 8:02 PM, historylover820 said:

Delilah, go back to France. I think most viewers will celebrate you being gone. How freakin' selfish can you be? Uprooting your kids' lives because you can't deal? Grow up. Waa waa--you couldn't grieve Jon's death because you decided to have an affair with Eddie and you had a kid. 

As a person who has a friend who's recently been widowed, and a brother who just lost his fiance, it kind of offended me when she said she couldn't grieve in her own home. Most of us don't have the means even if we were so inclined. It's running away whichever way you cut it.  Her point that no one in France knows her as the wife of a man who killed himself, or as a woman who committed adultery really nailed it that it was more about running away from herself than it was about grieving. And she wants Sophie to run away from what's happened to her. Doesn't work that way.

I moved around a lot as a kid (military), and it is pretty hard, especially once you're in high school. I also went to a school in a foreign country where I was not spoken to in English and had come up to speed quickly in order to do any of the work. Plus I didn't have the added problem of whether or not to be out.  France is not by any means free of homophobia. So that would submit Danny to trying to deal in a different culture and different language. 

I might be a little sensitive on the issue of pulling your kids away from everything they've know so you can run away from yourself. And it doesn't work. You can never run away from yourself.

On 6/9/2021 at 8:28 PM, KaveDweller said:

Did Delilah say she was from France? I thought her mother was French but she grew up in the US?

I vaguely remember her saying that before - and that she came to live with her Dad in the US after her mother died (maybe? - it was later anyway).

23 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Which reminds me: is Javier Sr. supposed to be aware of what happened to Sophie and is assuming Gary is going after the guy? Or is he just prepared to alibi his son no matter what he might be about to do?

My take is that he's prepared to alibi his son, no matter what.

22 hours ago, Sandman said:

For whatever it's worth, it was my impression that Delilah came up with the idea of moving to France permanently after Sophie spent time there, not before. I don't think selling Sophie on the move was part of any agenda on Delilah's part. Otherwise, why not discuss it while Sophie was there? I also seem to remember that going to France to visit Delilah was Sophie's idea, not her mother's -- but I could be mistaken.

That is my impression of it as well - but of course, she falsely thought that Sophie would jump at it.

19 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

Did Eddie ever file for paternity?  Was there ever genetic testing done to prove he is Charlie's father?  In mos states, if a woman is married at any point during her pregnancy, then her husband is the legal father and his name goes on the birth certificate.  Delilah was presumably  already pregnant when John died and she hid the truth about the baby's paternity until well after the birth.  I doubt Eddie has done the work to prove paternity; he and Delilah were getting along well, she had no problem with Eddie being involved with the baby and, once Eddie was outed as her babydaddy; everyone else seemed to accept it.

I have a vague recollection that there was paperwork and such, but that Delilah might have not done the one thing that would absolutely make sure Eddie had rights to Charlie.

19 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Maybe I am missing something but I didn't get why they stuck in the story about that guy losing his wife to Covid.  Was it to make Gina realize that some people lost so much more than her?   Where is Delilah's father, did he die?  She is going to move to France and leave her dad behind, or is she taking a senior citizen with dementia to France with them?  Someone let Delilah know your problems travel with you.  Jeez, her kids really have a love hate relationship with her.    Also, why does Charlie have blonde hair!

I think yes, that's what they intended, Regina would have an epiphany that there were worse things than losing the restaurant.  Yeah, not even mentioning what's going on with Delilah's father was a pretty glaring omission.

I had blond hair as a child, which turned dark somewhere between 3rd and 5th grade, I think. Both of my parents had dark hair (my father was white blond as a child). It's not uncommon for a child's hair color to change as they get older.  As much as I hate to admit this is one thing they didn't really get wrong. ;)

On 6/10/2021 at 5:24 AM, Arcadiasw said:

I wonder if the writers read this forum because that speech Gary said to Delilah felt like many of the comments said here🤣 

Like everyone else, I loved this moment. And yes, I wondered the same thing. :)

• Love 9
(edited)
6 hours ago, sigmaforce86 said:

If Gary is going to beat the guy up I hope he brought gloves - having a great alibi doesn't get you far if you leave fingerprints along with having some bruised and bloody knuckles.

Some brass knuckles and a couple of sweat socks filled with rolled-up quarters would be more effective. Just saying.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 6/9/2021 at 11:00 PM, ams1001 said:

Gee, Delilah, did you think of asking your kids if they want to move to France..? (Though they said Sophie is 18 so she can't make her.)

Oh my god get this kid off my screen. Please.

Finally, someone reads Delilah the riot act.

C'mon, Gary. You made me cheer. You're one of the few characters I didn't hate tonight. Don't do something stupid.

yeah, finally

wish he had added that she pretty much had her bags packed to go off with Eddie.  

no sympathy for her at all

she can just go back to France alone

• Love 5

To chime in to the hair--

According to pictures, I had blond hair when I was like 2 and 3 years old that I don't remember. It turned auburn around the age of 4 and then dark brown around the age of 6.

So seeing Charlie with blond hair didn't bother me at all. I didn't even notice.

The thing that drives me a little bit crazy is seeing a brown-eyed child with blue-eyed parents and there's no acknowledgement that that probably doesn't happen in real life. If I remember biology class correctly, blue eyes are the recessive gene. The only gene blue-eyed parents can give is blue eyes. (Two brown-eyed parents can have a blue-eyed child if both have a recessive blue-eyed gene.

But, even then, as I said, it drives me a little bit crazy, but I quickly move on.

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, historylover820 said:

To chime in to the hair--

According to pictures, I had blond hair when I was like 2 and 3 years old that I don't remember. It turned auburn around the age of 4 and then dark brown around the age of 6.

So seeing Charlie with blond hair didn't bother me at all. I didn't even notice.

The thing that drives me a little bit crazy is seeing a brown-eyed child with blue-eyed parents and there's no acknowledgement that that probably doesn't happen in real life. If I remember biology class correctly, blue eyes are the recessive gene. The only gene blue-eyed parents can give is blue eyes. (Two brown-eyed parents can have a blue-eyed child if both have a recessive blue-eyed gene.

But, even then, as I said, it drives me a little bit crazy, but I quickly move on.

Actually, there are multiple genes that contribute to eye color and it is possible for a two blue eyed parents to have a brown eyed child.  This article explains a couple of the possibilities. It is uncommon, but it can and does happen.

https://genetics.thetech.org/how-blue-eyed-parents-can-have-brown-eyed-children

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, historylover820 said:

As @Rootbeer said, there are a lot of factors. Having brown eyes, with a husband who has blue eyes, I expected to have at least one brown eyed kid. But nope. Both blue eyed (I do carry a recessive blue eye gene as my Mom had blue eyes).

So, how did this woman after a year find Eddie's number and is now trying to apologize for hitting him? Why was she out with her parents' car? She feels guilty, COVID? Just so out of the blue. 

Seriously, get Delilah out of here and have her NEVER return. Her entire Boo Hoo speech on how Jon locked her out and that's why everything went bad for her? She didn't even want to know what he was hiding at several times in season 1. Everyone on this show can GTFO and go hit by cars but Rome and Gina. Keep them and Maggie and Sophie. 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, historylover820 said:

David Giuntoli is married and has at least one kid. I think Superman & Lois (which his wife is on) probably films in Canada. That would make sense since a bunch of these shows film in Canada. So I can see them living there.

Romany Malco also isn't married and doesn't appear to have children

Grace Park is married with one child. Not sure if she's based out of Canada or if she's living there with her family.

From what I know…

Grace Park lives in Vancouver with her real estate developer husband & son.

David Giuntoli and his family move to Washington in early 2020, due to their works in Vancouver.

Romany Malco welcomed his 1st child in Jan 2021, a son. He is also a stepfather to a 17-yo and an 11-yo.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet, but what's with the woman who hit Eddie calling him? I feel like once they established it was really just an accident and not revenge, that was really all they could do with it. I guess they could have a storyline about pressing charges against her, but if we don't know her, who cares?

I guess they circle back to that arc because in next season, out of the blue, Eddie can wiggle his toes again. And walla, bye bye wheelchair!

• Love 1

Taking a guy into his OWN HOUSE that HE SHARES WITH SOMEONE ELSE to beat him up/threaten him is also a special kind of stupid. 

I think the Javi Sr. stuff was odd. While ultimately misguided, there's a certain amount of sweetness in the fact that Javi Sr. would trust his son so much like that that he'd automatically give him an alibi, but at the same time, holy shit, dude, at least see what your kid is doing first! I bet, since he seems a lot like his kid, he'd ultimately back Gary's play if he knew his plan, but you gotta CHECK FIRST, dude! Javi Sr. watching TV later, "A woman and her son who were planning to move to Lenox were brutally murdered tonight." "Ohhhhh....shiiiiiiit."

• Love 2
11 hours ago, ams1001 said:

No, she took him there as one last trip, and he broke his hip while they were there, which is why they were stuck there.

And I hate it! (Not the table, just the hair. I'm kind of impressed by the table...I sure don't know how to refinish a table, nor do I look good in overalls.)

I get the impulse. Sometimes I want to throw things. But then I remember, I'll be the one who will have to clean it up, and my house is messy enough already. And tiny bits of broken glass in the living room with a toddler around. Great idea. Hope she vacuumed really well.

Guess we should have known he was too good to be true. Grow up, dude.

Agree with everything here, but I don't have the impulse to throw things.  That's what pillows are for!  I never understood the crashing of photos because all you end up with is broken glass, possibly broken or damaged frame, and the same picture.  Burning unframed photos seems much better as the symbolic gesture.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, readster said:

So, how did this woman after a year find Eddie's number and is now trying to apologize for hitting him? Why was she out with her parents' car? She feels guilty, COVID? Just so out of the blue. 

Seriously, get Delilah out of here and have her NEVER return. Her entire Boo Hoo speech on how Jon locked her out and that's why everything went bad for her? She didn't even want to know what he was hiding at several times in season 1. Everyone on this show can GTFO and go hit by cars but Rome and Gina. Keep them and Maggie and Sophie. 

We can't have Gary be hit by a car because he frequently walks Colin and Colin needs his pet parent to care for him, plus we don't want him to be hit by a car!  Scott the cat, wherever he is, can't be hit by a car either.  Eddie was already hit by a car so he's paid his dues.

• LOL 1

I don't  get Delilah's outrage and all the BS she said about mourning Jon.  She was going to leave him and her children and run off with Eddie  I don't think they ever showed that Sophie and Danny knew she had her bags packed and was leaving.  All of her outrage has nothing to do with losing her husband, it's about her plans being ruined.  She's a shit character IMO. 

• Love 9
(edited)

I'm constantly torn between wondering if the writers believe Delilah is a flawed but sympathetic character, or if they are deliberately writing her as a narcissist.  

Edited by izabella
  • Love 6

So I had to laugh at myself tonight--

I was at a play tonight, and while I was waiting for the play to start, behind me, I heard someone say "I got this at Target!" and my first thought was "Oh, she must watch A Million Little Things too!"

• LOL 3
3 hours ago, LucyEth said:

I don't  get Delilah's outrage and all the BS she said about mourning Jon.  She was going to leave him and her children and run off with Eddie  I don't think they ever showed that Sophie and Danny knew she had her bags packed and was leaving.  All of her outrage has nothing to do with losing her husband, it's about her plans being ruined.  She's a shit character IMO. 

Possible rewrite by Nash and he's hoping we forget that part 

• Love 4
On 6/10/2021 at 9:30 PM, Chewy101 said:

No, her father is American and lives in the United States. He was shown in previous seasons. The one I remember is when they had a big family dinner and he was telling the story about how he met Delilah's mom.

On 6/10/2021 at 7:07 PM, Katie111 said:

Why is Katherine’s head shaved? 

It's been that way since S3.E12. Like many women do, she changed her hair once she decided her relationship was over.

On 6/10/2021 at 7:59 PM, KaveDweller said:

Sophie is blonde, so there must be a recessive blonde gene in Delilah's DNA.

Based on the major roots Sophie has been sporting, her blonde comes out of a bottle these days!

• Love 4

Not only were they running off, bags packed, they made references about not being able to stand another moment with their spouses. Eddie even made fun of the way Katherine got takeout food. Then Eddie did a pickup game and knew the next day he was going to run off with Jon's wife. How gross. She bought food like that was something "motherly" she could do. Was she leaving the kids too?  When Jon found his necklace or something like that, they knew he knew about it. Ashley, (remember her??) saw the speeding ticket with her and Eddie photographed in car. It wasn't just an affair, they were moving on before Jon did. Please, stop with the drama Delilah.

A clip used to be on youtube with that scene but it's not there now. Even MLT took it off their site. I don't forget though. ; )

• Love 6
11 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Based on the major roots Sophie has been sporting, her blonde comes out of a bottle these days!

I think her hair looks horrible and she needs a lot of the bleached hair cut off.  And Delilah needs her head shaved.

31 minutes ago, Suzn said:

I think her hair looks horrible and she needs a lot of the bleached hair cut off.  And Delilah needs her head shaved.

At least one thing is consistent with the time period in which they are supposed to be living...

• Love 1
17 hours ago, izabella said:

I'm constantly torn between wondering if the writers believe Delilah is a flawed but sympathetic character, or if they are deliberately writing her as a narcissist.  

DEFINITELY the former, but yeah, it'd be awesome if it was the latter.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Also, Eddie is not blameless he was going to walk out on "T".  I thought he absolutely adored that kid, but I guess not as much as he adored Delilah.

• Love 11

Good lort, Theo CANNOT be left unattended under ANY circumstances.  What is with this kid?  A couple weeks ago he set a ladder on the edge of a staircase, this week burns himself making popcorn with his mom.  I swear at one point in the duration of this series he broke his arm doing something dumb, too.  Oh, there was also the whole Scott the cat fiasco blah blah blah.  This kid is a mess!  

I’m shocked that Maggie was my favorite character this year.  I could not stand her in the past. 

I was relieved that Tyrrell was wrong about the EMT guy because I just could not take one more “big bad white man bad” story involving this kid.  I KNOW this is the times we are living in right now but this kid just all the sudden is the victim of every racial offense possible, in the span of a few months.   The minute he started making those accusations I rolled my eyes “of course,” here we go again.  

Here’s to hoping for some more upbeat stories next year.  This season hit every single hot button issue x 10, it’s enough already!  Can you pick just a couple and roll with that?  Not EVERY SINGLE THING that’s wrong with our world these days?

Lastly, Eddie.  WTF was that ending?  Who calls someone they hit and ran a year later?  I was really hoping we were starting to move on.  He needs to focus on how he is going to adapt and live his life functionally moving forward.  But nope, here we go back to square one with the car accident.  Ughhhhh.

The first hour of this one felt like it could have almost been a series finale.  Did they tack on the 2nd hour after they found out they were renewed?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, LucyEth said:

Also, Eddie is not blameless he was going to walk out on "T".  I thought he absolutely adored that kid, but I guess not as much as he adored Delilah.

Very good point. 

14 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

Good lort, Theo CANNOT be left unattended under ANY circumstances.  What is with this kid?  A couple weeks ago he set a ladder on the edge of a staircase, this week burns himself making popcorn with his mom.  I swear at one point in the duration of this series he broke his arm doing something dumb, too.  Oh, there was also the whole Scott the cat fiasco blah blah blah.  This kid is a mess!  

Theo is a helpless baby.  He's actually old enough to be left alone briefly, but is apparently just an accident waiting to happen.

• Love 5
On 6/11/2021 at 1:04 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

When that guy was chatting with Gina at the restaurant....I though it was risky being alone and taking him to a secluded place inside.  Not security minded at all.  Some creeps come off as nice guys.

But the chatting established that 1) he was employed in the neighborhood, and 2) he was a fairly regular customer (Gina remembered him always ordering 3 of the entree, and 3) he was a recent recipient of a free meal there. Maybe I’m too trusting, but he just looked tired and hungry to me. But I do agree that most creeps have honed the skill of coming off as nice guys. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I don’t know what he was thinking, or even if he was? So shocked by this, even though it was clearly foreshadowed (alibi). He’d better not let his ego get the better of his brain and allow the flour sack hood to slip off. Did it come from Gina’s restaurant? I really want to say it’s over the top and out of character, but, he’s not in a good “savior” place right now and I guess the show’s title says it all. Ultimately, that bothers me- everyone has to deal with what life hands us, but for the most part, we don’t go postal every five minutes and resort to acts of violence. 

• Love 4