Type keyword(s) to search

Nathan and Esther: No Longer Lonely, Still Batesing Along

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh Lordy, the groomsmen tried lifting Nathan up and throwing him in the air. It didn't go well.

Was Gil a groomsman?

Also, during their "first dance", the bride and groom sang to each other.

Of course they did. 🙄

• LOL 9
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh Lordy, the groomsmen tried lifting Nathan up and throwing him in the air. It didn't go well.

Was Gil a groomsman?

Oh my, who comes up with these theatrics? I guess when there are so many “events” like I Love You Day, proposals, weddings, showers, gender reveals it is difficult to come up with anything new or interesting. But between the sky diving, singing and helicopters, what’s Katie going to do to top this?

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

The parachuting video is on Eric Keyes' TikTok. There seems to be some confusion as to whether this video is of the day of the rehearsal or the day of the wedding.

Nathan and his chute get wrapped around a little tree.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

The parachuting video is on Eric Keyes' TikTok. There seems to be some confusion as to whether this video is of the day of the rehearsal or the day of the wedding.

Nathan and his chute get wrapped around a little tree.

Oh come on... let's all believe it was wedding day. 😂

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

The parachuting was wedding day bc Law posted an IG live where they are all dressed and with flight suits on top - and you can see the rust colored bow ties, and after the wedding Law posted a video saying they dropped into the wedding and it was thankfully a "gentle landing" - though maybe it wasn't for the groom? They also went flying/sky diving the day before too, but I imagine that was to practice to make sure they landed in the right spot and not a few fields over.

How awkard though. Alyssa or Josie posted a video of everyone standing up at their seats as they saw the groom descending. So then he descends - pretty far from the altar - bc you can't risk landing on top of your guests, and then I guess everyone stands there awkwardly as he takes his parachute off including harnesses that are at your crotch and then steps out of the flight suit and then hauls his ass quickly to the altar so the music can begin and the bride can start walking!?

Seems like they gave thought and $$ to the venue, dinner (decent meal of roast chicken, mashed potatoes and other sides), cake, bridesmaids dresses, and flowers. They gave WAY TOO MUCH thought and $$ to all the gimmicks - parachuting in (Jer Duggar had to pay to runway fees to take off and land - and I imagine you cover that if he's doing it for your wedding); helicoptering out; practicing singing for the first dance (though shocked the chose a modern song - Shania Twain's From this Moment). So then where did they cut the budget - her dress and his suit and his groomsmen's suits/shirts. Do the not realize the #1 thing anyone looks at at the wedding is the bride?? Cut out one of the gimmicks and use that $$ to up the dress budget??

And no he isn't going to lose a single pound for Esther or do anything for her benefit. I'm sure he WASN'T embarrassed to be naked in front of her for the first time bc in his mind he looks GOOD and SHE is the lucky one bc his dick will be impregnating her. Yeah if you're overweight, don't try the throw the groom in the air thing and certainly not where others can film it - you can hear Carlin cracking up. 6 guys together couldn't lift him and ended up dropping him - and some of the guys doing the lifting were sturdy guys themselves - like it wasn't just Trace and Law but also guys like John David and Gil. Evan did it at his wedding but come on Evan is stick thin in comparison to Nathan.

Interesting that Erin, Michaela, and Tori all headed back right after the wedding rather than driving another 2 hrs from Lancaster to NJ and adding another day to the trip and then driving back to Tenn. either overnight Saturday or all day Sunday. It's interesting how clearly the family is broken down amongst the sisters who want their own marriage/family life vs. those that are still so invested in being in the big chaotic loud family gatherings. Like I feel like those 3 went to the wedding bc it was their brother's wedding but none were waxing lyrical about omg we are sooooo excited, we love you sooooo much, this is soooo amazing blah blah. They went to a family obligation like normal adults do and then went back to resume their own lives.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Wow, I just saw that Ashley Salyer was at the wedding. Esther must be a very tolerant woman, because there's no way I'd have my husband's ex at my event. It's not like Ashley and Nathan were in the "get to know you" phase either. They were in a full-on courtship and Nathan told her he loved her. It's bad enough Nathan may or may not have kissed Esther's sister, now he's got his ex-girlfriend there too? Dude is real messy.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Wow, I just saw that Ashley Salyer was at the wedding. Esther must be a very tolerant woman, because there's no way I'd have my husband's ex at my event. It's not like Ashley and Nathan were in the "get to know you" phase either. They were in a full-on courtship and Nathan told her he loved her. It's bad enough Nathan may or may not have kissed Esther's sister, now he's got his ex-girlfriend there too? Dude is real messy.

I did not realize Ashley was married and pregnant! I assume they're all friends, but the way Ashley is holding her belly here is kinda funny/awkward.

ashley.jpg

• Love 4

I didn't see a Lawson thread ...

He and Tiff are traveling out of the country. They're asking folks to guess where. One of the choices is the Philippines. That's kind of the only place that makes sense to me because I can't imagine vacationing somewhere and getting two hotel rooms.

What is Lawson waiting for? This has got to be the longest Fundy courtship in history.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, IndianPaintbrush said:

I did not realize Ashley was married and pregnant! I assume they're all friends, but the way Ashley is holding her belly here is kinda funny/awkward.

ashley.jpg

Ashley's vest looks like something that Fred Flintstone would wear. 

• LOL 10
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I didn't see a Lawson thread ...

He and Tiff are traveling out of the country. They're asking folks to guess where. One of the choices is the Philippines. That's kind of the only place that makes sense to me because I can't imagine vacationing somewhere and getting two hotel rooms.

What is Lawson waiting for? This has got to be the longest Fundy courtship in history.

They’re in Rome. Hope he intends to propose bc why else is he wasting money on this trip? Is he really into art and architecture? Though it’s Italy so they could just spend 99% of their time in churches. He could get away w proposing without Kelly there squealing and rushing 45 min beforehand to set up crappy hobby lobby candles and lanterns since he’s w a non fundie who isn’t courting, prob thinks engagements don’t involve mommy and daddy etc.

I too don’t get why Law has waited so long. It’s not like he’s 22. Isn’t he dying for some action like most fundie males?? While I do think they kiss and spend lots of alone time, I don’t really think they’re having sex - she’s not fundie but a Liberty University type of Christian.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
On 10/23/2021 at 1:38 AM, So unbelievable said:

Don't understand why these chics get extensions then just let them hang.  So unappealing.  I guess that's the look, but boring. 

How does one distinguish extensions from naturally grown long hair? I see comments about extensions so often when the people allegedly wearing them look perfectly capable of growing their own hair that long. That looks like her own over-bleached hair to me.

• Love 1

I don't know where Tiff and Lawson plan to live. It's only a matter of time before she's popping out babies. If I were her parents I'd be praying they put off marriage for as long as possible, but that's just me. 

Edited by IndianPaintbrush
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

How does one distinguish extensions from naturally grown long hair? I see comments about extensions so often when the people allegedly wearing them look perfectly capable of growing their own hair that long. That looks like her own over-bleached hair to me.

Most of them post it on their social media when they get extensions.  Some do have naturally long hair, then the others buy it.  
Esther's natural hair looked super thin and very highlighted.  Like Katie's, looks super unhealthy the more they bleach it.

• Love 3
On 10/22/2021 at 10:46 PM, BitterApple said:

With regards to the kids, I always find Alyssa's girls adorable in still photos, but annoying a/f in live action. The middle two are so screechy and whiny. 

I'm surprised Nathan didn't try to get in shape for the wedding. I get that he's husky by nature, but if I had to get naked in front of the opposite sex for the first time, I'd want to feel my best. 

Nathan is the kind of guy who always thinks he looks good.  He will never think that he should get in shape or be concerned with his physical appearance.  After all, he's a man, prepped for headship, giver of the holy seed that will create God's army.  

On 10/23/2021 at 11:46 AM, emmawoodhouse said:

Holy crap, I saw a video of Nathan parachuting in. He hit a little tree as he landed. 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

And that's why you don't parachute into your wedding! (Unless you and your spouse are pros).  I read this and all I could think is, how is the tree?  Won't somebody think of that poor tree? 

I didn't hate her dress.  The material does not photograph well, but at least it didn't look like a stitched together sack like many fundy wedding dresses.  Her overall styling (hair, tiara, makeup) ages her badly.  She's added 10 years to her face.  His suit is so shiny I would be afraid he'd slide right off a chair when he tries to sit down.  

• LOL 12
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Don't those countries require something to prove vaccination status?

I looked it up.  You need a negative test in the last 72 hours and either proof of vaccination, or proof that you already had Covid, so I guess they are ok. 🙄

I really hate that they can just take off with little to no fuss.  I had a much different experience traveling to Canada last week.

I live in Las Vegas.  My mother lived in Toronto, along with 2 of my brothers.  I also have  brothers in Victoria, BC and Chicago. My mother has been battling dementia for the past 3 years and was admitted to the hospital on October 13. Late the 14th we got word that things did not look good.  I had to get to Toronto ASAP.  You need a negative Covid test in the last 72 hours and proof of vaccination to be allowed into Canada from the US.  I am fully vaccinated, but the test is a real problem.  It is nearly impossible to find a rapid molecular test in Las Vegas.  You can get the rapid antigen test, but Canada does not accept that one, or a regular test with results in 48 hours, but time was ticking.  You can, however, easily get a rapid molecular test in Chicago, so my brother booked me an appointment on Saturday. I flew to Chicago early Saturday morning, got the test, got the results in half an hour, and then my brother and I got in the car and drove 8 hours to Toronto.  We arrived at midnight.  Got to the hospital early the next morning and were able to see my mother.  She was very weak but she did wake up and she knew we were there. After Sunday she never woke up again and she passed on Wednesday morning.

I am so grateful that I was able to get there on time, but I am incredibly angry that I had to jump through hoops to do so, despite getting vaccinated and doing all the right things.  When we crossed the border the agent was very nice and sympathetic, but he did say that if we had not had our negative test results he would have had to make us turn around and go back to the US.  

Meanwhile, the Bates, who have never taken any precautions, scoff at the vaccine, and think Jesus will save them can swan off to Italy for a picture perfect engagement.  😡

I do understand that different countries have different requirements, and honestly I am a bit surprised that Italy, hit as hard as it was , does not require all visitors to be vaccinated.  Just because the Bates got Covid last year doesn't mean they aren't at risk for contracting the Delta variant.  And they literally left a big wedding and got on a plane.

Sorry for the long post.  I have had quite a week, and this just really made me so angry.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 17

Ultimately Italy's covid entry requirements aren't as strong as say France; for France if you enter unvaccinated you quarantine (at an airport hotel) for 5-7 days so there goes your trip. For Italy - all you need is a negative test + proof of vaccine OR having had covid w/i 6 months.

How many times have these idiots had covid? We KNOW they aren't vaccinated - at least Law isn't - he's vocally anti vaccine. But 6 months means they had it again at some point between April through Oct 2021? Because many/most of them had it in 2020 - as they made a big thing about how covid ripped thru the family - Erin's problems began in fall 2020; Josie miscarried in summer 2020 due to covid/after having had covid; it's why no one attended Kade's birthday in Nov. 2020; and then Bobby/Tori skipped Christmas in 2020 bc they had it. Have Law, Tiff, G&K really had it again in 2021?? Maybe some of them are secretly vaccinated but not Law.

Edited to add - though maybe that's not shocking, Delta ripped thru the south in recent months and Tenn. was pretty badly affected and these people have been living life with no masks + no vaccines + no one works for any kind of employer so it's not like they even had to get vaccinated to hold onto a job.

In any event why do these rubes even need to go to Italy for an engagement? Like they can really appreciate the art, architecture, and history?? It'll just be - get me some more of that spaghetti w/ tomato sauce that's good, much better than spaghettios we eat at home. It's another example of champagne taste on a beer budget.

Enjoy it Tiff. Law can only provide you with this bc UPTv is paying and needs story lines. 5 years from now when the show is gone, you're going to be vacationing in Toledo. And enjoy life with a guy who is a loser who makes no money YET STILL thinks he's perfect. How exactly is he going to provide? He holds no steady job - little bit of flying here and medicorps volunteering there isn't going to pay the mortgage. And is she prepped to live in Tenn. It's one thing to suck up to Kelly and the sisters for a few weeks and then go home to Cali, it's another to live there fulltime. But I don't see how he affords anything in San Diego - even a rental apartment.

Edited by cereality
  • Love 11
On 10/23/2021 at 4:28 PM, ozziemom said:

Oh my, who comes up with these theatrics? I guess when there are so many “events” like I Love You Day, proposals, weddings, showers, gender reveals it is difficult to come up with anything new or interesting. But between the sky diving, singing and helicopters, what’s Katie going to do to top this?

consummate the marriage at the reception? 🤪

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
On 10/23/2021 at 9:21 PM, GeeGolly said:

Was Gil a groomsman?

Didn’t Carlin and Evan sing to each other at their wedding too?

On 10/24/2021 at 3:48 AM, IndianPaintbrush said:

ashley.jpg

Inviting your ex to your wedding the one who broke your heart on tv, interesting. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

With all respect to @CEREALITY, Lawson may be vocally anti-vax, but he is also a disingenuous lying narcissist. If getting the vaccine was the only way for him to have a fancy, all expenses paid engagement that will be seen on tv, I bet he would be more than happy to do it on the QT.  After all, he is a SINGER, and all of his adoring fans would be so sad if they missed out on this big milestone. 

They may portray themselves as simple country Christian folk, but the whole bunch of them are all about clicks and $$$.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
4 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

With all respect to @CEREALITY, Lawson may be vocally anti-vax, but he is also a disingenuous lying narcissist. If getting the vaccine was the only way for him to have a fancy, all expenses paid engagement that will be seen on tv, I bet he would be more than happy to do it on the QT.  After all, he is a SINGER, and all of his adoring fans would be so sad if they missed out on this big milestone. 

They may portray themselves as simple country Christian folk, but the whole bunch of them are all about clicks and $$$.

Isn’t that the truth. Each of them so very active on social media!   For the $$$

I don’t usually watch them but by chance I stumbled upon Erin Bates and some silliness about baby names on YouTube today.

She really thinks she’s all that!

Are the Bates coming back for another season?

Edited by Jeanne222
7 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

No you're 100% right - I didn't think of that. But for Italy you don't actually NEED to be vaccinated, it's pretty easy to get in without w/ a negative test + proof of prior illness and you're not even having to quarantine or anything. And IDK that there is anything special about Italy for them. Like if Italy had vax requirements (which some of the EU does - and you can't test out), they'd be headed to London or Ireland or wherever. But I 100% agree, he's a STAR, of course his adoring fans NEED to see his engagement. If the entire EU had vax requirements but they were hellbent on a European engagement, yep he'd quietly vaccinate. And I mean his fans been waiting with baited breath - after all he had said he'd get engaged after he "got Nathan to the finish line" (i.e. married) and now that that's happened 17 seconds ago, it's go time.

What does a rube like this even need to go to Italy for? He can't even pronounce the name of the town he's in - San Gimignano in Tuscany. The closest these people ever get to Tuscan anything when UPTv goes away will be Olive Garden's Tuscan soup.

And why oh why is Tiff soooo desperate?? She's an attractive girl and freaking 22!? Yes I know she's a conservative Christian but even still she has much better options and actually San Diego has a conservative community - many of whom aren't losers bc you know they go to college, have jobs, many are military etc. Is she REALLY ready to deal with Kelly and loudass Carlin and Whit for life (because financially I don't see how they don't end up in Tenn. at least for a while if not forever)?? I mean even today Kelly is going on about how they're in Italy for her bday tomorrow as Tiff laughingly plays along. What's cute now is gonna get old in 2 seconds being married to this doofus and his family. Maybe she looks at Erin/Michael/Tori and sees you can make your family life be what it wants and not have it revolve around "Mama B" (why do her own kids call her that now BTW - Carlin says it almost exclusively now) -- BUT she's not marrying a low key guy who'll be happy with a quiet life like Bobby or Brandon, she's marrying an attention whore raised in this family and separating him will be hard/impossible. Though I guess it is possible they end up in Nashville not Knox if she convinces him his stardom requires him in Nashville BUT then he also has to earn some consistent money bc it is more expensive than Rocky Top.

And yes Bringing Up Bates is coming back w/ Nathan's wedding being the feature of this season + Katie's wedding prep + likely Law's engagement; and then likely a following season for Katie and Law's weddings.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, cereality said:

No you're 100% right - I didn't think of that. But for Italy you don't actually NEED to be vaccinated, it's pretty easy to get in without w/ a negative test + proof of prior illness and you're not even having to quarantine or anything. And IDK that there is anything special about Italy for them. Like if Italy had vax requirements (which some of the EU does - and you can't test out), they'd be headed to London or Ireland or wherever. But I 100% agree, he's a STAR, of course his adoring fans NEED to see his engagement. If the entire EU had vax requirements but they were hellbent on a European engagement, yep he'd quietly vaccinate. And I mean his fans been waiting with baited breath - after all he had said he'd get engaged after he "got Nathan to the finish line" (i.e. married) and now that that's happened 17 seconds ago, it's go time.

What does a rube like this even need to go to Italy for? He can't even pronounce the name of the town he's in - San Gimignano in Tuscany. The closest these people ever get to Tuscan anything when UPTv goes away will be Olive Garden's Tuscan soup.

And why oh why is Tiff soooo desperate?? She's an attractive girl and freaking 22!? Yes I know she's a conservative Christian but even still she has much better options and actually San Diego has a conservative community - many of whom aren't losers bc you know they go to college, have jobs, many are military etc. Is she REALLY ready to deal with Kelly and loudass Carlin and Whit for life (because financially I don't see how they don't end up in Tenn. at least for a while if not forever)?? I mean even today Kelly is going on about how they're in Italy for her bday tomorrow as Tiff laughingly plays along. What's cute now is gonna get old in 2 seconds being married to this doofus and his family. Maybe she looks at Erin/Michael/Tori and sees you can make your family life be what it wants and not have it revolve around "Mama B" (why do her own kids call her that now BTW - Carlin says it almost exclusively now) -- BUT she's not marrying a low key guy who'll be happy with a quiet life like Bobby or Brandon, she's marrying an attention whore raised in this family and separating him will be hard/impossible. Though I guess it is possible they end up in Nashville not Knox if she convinces him his stardom requires him in Nashville BUT then he also has to earn some consistent money bc it is more expensive than Rocky Top.

And yes Bringing Up Bates is coming back w/ Nathan's wedding being the feature of this season + Katie's wedding prep + likely Law's engagement; and then likely a following season for Katie and Law's weddings.

I read the new season would be in February, so plenty of time to get Katie's wedding in. 

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, FizzyPuff said:

Inviting your ex to your wedding the one who broke your heart on tv, interesting. 

Seems super pathetic to me. Can't imagine how the bride felt. 

On 10/24/2021 at 1:16 AM, Spazamanaz said:

Ashley's vest looks like something that Fred Flintstone would wear. 

lol 🤣 The dress code was beyond bizarre.  Tacky shoes on the groom, Kelton in sneakers, Josie (who I generally find the prettiest of the Bates girls) in a most unflattering outfit, a wooly mammoth vest on the groom's ex, and I don't even know where to start with the bride who looks like she bought the fabric for her dress at the dollar store right after passing by the bin with plastic tiaras for all the little girls who want to go as a princess for Halloween or just play dress up.   I'm also not a fan of hair extensions. To me, it's as classy (not) as fake boobs. Just makes you wonder what else isn't real. 

2 hours ago, FizzyPuff said:

If you don’t have Instagram: 

293BDB04-2F92-431D-BABF-809992D502B2.jpeg.ea92eb382e3ba647ea4b54b61616154a.jpeg329E984F-4195-4D52-BEE0-79E9F0BA5F13.jpeg.0f799eea56f569b2c8c962da0c759dc8.jpeg

DB1AC144-34AD-422B-B032-5EDA19800C87.jpeg

The sad thing is, if they had dropped him on his head you'd have never been able to tell any difference.

• LOL 13
  • Love 6

Esther posted that she and Nathan are living in a motor home that Chad and Erin helped to renovate. So my question is this. Does an RV require hookups to electricity, water and sewer?  If so do you live in an RV park?  it looks clean and nice now but I wouldn't want to live in one of these things. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Esther posted that she and Nathan are living in a motor home that Chad and Erin helped to renovate. So my question is this. Does an RV require hookups to electricity, water and sewer?  If so do you live in an RV park?  it looks clean and nice now but I wouldn't want to live in one of these things. 

There are lots of people who live and travel in RV’s full time. It’s not for everyone but for now it’s probably perfect for Esther and Nathan. Depends on how long you stay in one spot as to whether you need hook ups. In our RV we are able to boondock off the grid if we want since we have solar panels, batteries and a generator.

• Love 4

But what about water and sewer? I can see traveling in one of these but it seems like a lot of trouble to actually live in one full time. But I guess it might be better than what Nathan grew up in before the "big house" was built. 

• Useful 2

There are holding tanks for fresh water, grey water and sewage. One would need to empty the grey water and sewage and refill the fresh water occasionally. There are RV parks, rest stops, truck stops and state & national parks where you can do that. This can also be done at some (maybe most?) private homes by hooking to their septic system and a water faucet.

• Love 3

I have no experience with septic tanks but how would they empty the sewage into the tank at a private home?  Is there a valve that opens directly to the tank? Also the fresh water tank would have to be huge to hold enought water for cooking, drinking, bathing and cleaning for any length of time.  It seems like a hard way to live year for very long unless they are in an RV park with water, sewage and electricity. 

• Love 1