Type keyword(s) to search

Nathan and Esther: No Longer Lonely, Still Batesing Along

• Start Topic

I pretty much couldn't walk/sit/exist without extreme lady parts/pelvic pain about for 10 days after having my first, but I wouldn't have minded a couple hour break. I 100% trusted my mom with my newborn and I think at around two weeks I went shopping with my sister for a mini break. Unfortunately someone's baby started crying in the store and my boobs were like, hungry baby, bring 'em on, so me, my sister and my leaky boobs went home. 

All that to say, maybe Esther enjoyed getting out for a bit.

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
3 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

So Nathan and Esther went out to dinner on Saturday for their anniversary.  5 days after she had her baby.

I know I would not have been up for getting dressed up and leaving the baby so soon, especially with my first.  Given what I have seen of him I am guessing he really wanted his fancy steak dinner.  I do wonder who was watching the baby.  There was no evidence of them bringing her along.

There's plenty of Real Housewives to babysit for a couple hours. Probably dropped her off somewhere with a bottle and a diaper. ☹️

• Like 3
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I pretty much couldn't walk/sit/exist without extreme lady parts/pelvic pain about for 10 days after having my first, but I wouldn't have minded a couple hour break. I 100% trusted my mom with my newborn and I think at around two weeks I went shopping with my sister for a mini break. Unfortunately someone's baby started crying in the store and my boobs were like, hungry baby, bring 'em on, so me, my sister and my leaky boobs went home. 

All that to say, maybe Esther enjoyed getting out for a bit.

Been there with the leaks. 😉

Sure, it is possible she may have wanted to go out, but she didn't look too happy in the photo. Plus flu season is ramping up and Covid is still a thing- I would hesitate to go out if I had a newborn at home. 

These women seem to be under so much pressure to bounce back quickly. And she'll probably be pregnant again before this little one is a year old.   Don't they still live in their RV?  I can't imagine having a newborn and no laundry facilities. 

• Sad 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, andromeda331 said:

I hope Esther wanted to out but I kind of doubt. I have a feeling it was more Nathan. 

I think Esther would've been very happy if someone took the baby for a couple of hours and Nathan picked up some takeout (Longhorn and Outback do steaks to go) and served her dinner at home where she could wear whatever she wanted and could sit however she liked. Especially with the first one.  Just getting a chance to enjoy a nice meal without having to cook it and without interruption is a luxury with a new baby.

My own sister, after hearing I was coming to town to see her and her second child a couple weeks after his birth, immediately planned for dinner and a movie with her husband one evening while I babysat.  She didn't leave her first one with a sitter, not even me, for at least 6 months.  She and my brother in law went to a nice restaurant and she had a glass of wine with dinner.  The alcohol caused her milk to let down and she finished her meal wearing her coat and then went to the movies, still wearing the coat because there was no way on God's green earth she wasn't getting away from the baby and the toddler for a couple hours.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 7

FWIW, I don't think Nathan held a gun to Esther's head, but I could see him springing the dinner on her as a surprise and Esther feeling bad if she said no. 

I also imagine living in an RV will now start to get old, real fast. No washer/dryer, cramped space, limited storage, no real bathroom, etc. I don't know what Nathan is doing for work or if he's making decent money, but it might be time to move into an apartment or small house. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Notabug said:

I think Esther would've been very happy if someone took the baby for a couple of hours and Nathan picked up some takeout (Longhorn and Outback do steaks to go) and served her dinner at home where she could wear whatever she wanted and could sit however she liked. Especially with the first one.  Just getting a chance to enjoy a nice meal without having to cook it and without interruption is a luxury with a new baby.

My own sister, after hearing I was coming to town to see her and her second child a couple weeks after his birth, immediately planned for dinner and a movie with her husband one evening while I babysat.  She didn't leave her first one with a sitter, not even me, for at least 6 months.  She and my brother in law went to a nice restaurant and she had a glass of wine with dinner.  The alcohol caused her milk to let down and she finished her meal wearing her coat and then went to the movies, still wearing the coat because there was no way on God's green earth she wasn't getting away from the baby and the toddler for a couple hours.

That sounds really nice. 

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

If Nathan felt the way I'm sure Esther feels after pushing out a whole new human, he wouldn't get off the couch for a month at least.  

We all know Nathan is a misogynistic pig. I’ll never forget how he ripped into Tori about how she planned to wear her hair for her wedding. Even Lawson corrected his brother and was kind. Can’t imagine being married to him. 

Edited by SMama
Typos
  • Sad 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

If Nathan felt the way I'm sure Esther feels after pushing out a whole new human, he wouldn't get off the couch for a month at least.  

And would gain more weight. Meanwhile, I bet he expects his poor wife to start losing her baby weight ASAP. Disgusting .

• Sad 4
  • Love 1

Any Nesther sightings at the Christmas party?

ETA: Esther’s sister was married yesterday or today. They are flying to TN now on their way home (presumably AR).

Edited by SMama
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, AstridM said:

Neither is Lawson.

Or Zach. But I think Nathan and Trace are the worst. 

When I was a teenager, a friend's ex had a new girlfriend who looked a LOT like Nathan. I may have to start calling him Renee. Reneethan Bates, or Renathan Bates. You guys vote! 

• Love 2

It is time for Nate to shop for his current size.  I suspect he wore the best things that he could make fit.  (I was just at a holiday party where a coworker explained that's what he had to do.  Been a rough last year. )  When your body changes, you need new clothes. Of course his wife, whose godly duty it is to stay slender, is dressed up, so he looks extra terrible next to her.  He might as well stick hay in his shirt and go as a scarecrow. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, SMama said:

I forgot Nathan and Esther existed. 😂 They are on their way to Colorado. I think that accounts for the Bates 19.

Is Nathan flying that rickety puddle-jumper into Colorado?! I recently had a connecting flight through Denver and it's so bumpy flying in and out of there in the winter. Esther must have strong nerves, lol. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
49 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Is Nathan flying that rickety puddle-jumper into Colorado?! I recently had a connecting flight through Denver and it's so bumpy flying in and out of there in the winter. Esther must have strong nerves, lol. 

Their IG story is a shot of an airplane wing. I don’t know enough about airplanes to tell if it is from a small plane. For Esther’s and Kenna’s sake I hope they are flying commercial. 

• Like 6

The Duggars at one point owned a 13 seater, wonder if they still have it.

If there’s a Mediccorps house we may get to see Joy? They do travel in packs. 

Edited by SMama

Esther/Nathan probably are at the house bc yesterday Lawson was carrying their baby around. Though who knows maybe they're bunking with JD/Abby and stopped by to visit the Bates house?

Can't imagine Joy would go - isn't she Carlin's bestie? Ms. FOMO would freak the eff out not only that she's missing the ski trip but her bestie is going.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

There is a contributor on a cable news show that looks a little more than a smidgen like Nathan. I keep missing his name.

Got it. Looks more like Nathan on TV than in the picture.

image.png.769d70b2dfbfc18fc9392ec32904ad38.png

• Like 4

Over the past couple of days, Esther has posted a few pics from her "mission" trip to the Philippines. Poolside. 

She claims the trip was mostly meetings for Mediccorps. I'm not sure why she needed to go at all. She has nothing to do with Mediccrap. 

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Over the past couple of days, Esther has posted a few pics from her "mission" trip to the Philippines. Poolside. 

She claims the trip was mostly meetings for Mediccorps. I'm not sure why she needed to go at all. She has nothing to do with Mediccrap. 

Pretty swanky looking hotel, too. They're definitely not mucking around in impoverished villages. Must be nice to take a tropical vacation and bill it to a "charity." 🙄

• Like 14
  • Sad 1

Sadly, the rubes who continue to donate to them still don't get that this is not a legit charity doing any good for anyone.  so far, we have seen skydiving lessons, scuba lessons, and then vacations to theme parks and now fancy resorts.  What we didn't see was them going to the various places with serious flooding to put their supposed search and rescue skills to work.  Guess Esther got a vacation, so there's that.  

• Like 9
  • Sad 3
30 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Came to check if Nate is cruising the Gaza Strip.

😢🙏🏽

I think "deployed and on the ground assessing the situation" is the proper mediccrap terminology. 🙄

• LOL 7
31 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Came to check if Nate is cruising the Gaza Strip. 

😢🙏🏽

I thought MediCorp wouldn't be stupid enough to set foot in Ukraine, but I was wrong, however from what I've seen on the news, the Israelis are really, really pissed. I have a feeling Nathan & Co. running around cosplaying useful people will get them drop-kicked right back to America. 

• Like 7