Type keyword(s) to search

Nathan and Esther: No Longer Lonely, Still Batesing Along

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

That was Dunkin? I didn't recognize it as we don't have them where I live. 

I am very sorry for you.  Favorite coffee ever, French Vanilla with light cream, no sugar needed.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, IndianPaintbrush said:

I don't think Carlin and Evan cook at home at all. Probably 95% of their vlog content is just them pulling into various fast food drive thrus. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Panera Bread one of these days.

Then how in the world do they stay so skinny?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, IndianPaintbrush said:

I don't think Carlin and Evan cook at home at all. Probably 95% of their vlog content is just them pulling into various fast food drive thrus. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Panera Bread one of these days.

They should try for a Hello Fresh sponsorship.

• Useful 2

I was just reading about Esther's family. She's one of 14 kids. A couple of siblings are Mennonites and a couple have had children prior to marriage. 

Are they getting married in PA? And does anyone know where they are going to live?

I'm on the Nathan is probably of the headship mindset bandwagon. I think he's likely very attentive and sweet, but is also controlling and makes it clear he's in charge and has the final say.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I was just reading about Esther's family. She's one of 14 kids. A couple of siblings are Mennonites and a couple have had children prior to marriage. 

Are they getting married in PA? And does anyone know where they are going to live?

I'm on the Nathan is probably of the headship mindset bandwagon. I think he's likely very attentive and sweet, but is also controlling and makes it clear he's in charge and has the final say.

They got their marriage license in Lancaster county last week for we are assuming that’s where the wedding is. No details on venue or church that I’ve seen.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, ozziemom said:

They got their marriage license in Lancaster county last week for we are assuming that’s where the wedding is. No details on venue or church that I’ve seen.

The wedding is in a barn venue in PA. I've forgotten the name, but some locals on FJ knew the place. I expect they'll live in TN most of the time. I've read that they want to do missions work in the Philippines.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

I get that all the siblings are young so it's NBD but damn I always get uncomfortable when all the siblings undertake these overnight drives. I get it's easier with young kids because they sleep. But Josie just hit the road at 8 pm saying it'll be a 9-10 hr drive and likely longer with stops. A&J drove yesterday leaving SC at like 2 pm and arriving at 1 am. Carlin is riding w/ Z&W's family in an RV on what can only be explained as one of those 80s vacation movies that were disastrous and though they are "only" 2-3 hrs away but of course must stop at Walmart and buy more crap for the wedding. (What exactly are they always shopping for at WMT, Hobby Lobby, Target etc.?? Like Esther's family handles the decor etc here.) Like only Brandon and Michael appeared to have done a drive beginning at noon ending at 9 pm but of course they did it without kids and likely weren't stopping hourly either.

Like Kelton worked a full day and started driving at 8 pm and they're already stopping to feed Hazel and let the older kid run around some gas station. How do they not get nervous pulling all nighters at a time when big trucks are moving on the highways + stopping at gas stations and fast food places that'll be mostly deserted at midnight or 3 am or 5 am - though I guess there can be truckers around. IDK if a quiet drive with sleeping kids allowing me to bond with my spouse (and do IG question posts) would be that worth it to me. I'd rather leave first thing in the morning and hope the kids take a nap by 10 am and that buys a few hours of silence and the rest of the time entertain them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

On one hand, I can understand the logic. Drive during the kids' normal  sleeping hours to minimize tantrums, boredom and trips to the bathroom; but on the other it would make me nervous as well. Being at some remote truck stop at three a.m. is like a horror movie waiting to happen. 

• Love 5

We used to make a 6 hour drive a couple times a year when our kids were growing up. It always turned into a 7 - 8 hour drive. We found our best drives were daytime drives. We were not already tired and the kids weren't either. We had times when a kid or two got cranky, or when they were older they might squabble, but nothing that couldn't be managed by a little attention or a quick pit stop.

I think its crazy to drive 10 hours at night after being awake all day. The Bates have this weird thing of always being under prepared and over prepared, at the same time - and neither ever seems to be right. I don't know if that's for show, or the way it actually is, but it would drive me crazy.

Like its a 10 hour car ride, to another state with stores, if you forgot it buy it when you get there or do without. This isn't rocket science - its just a long drive.

• Love 6

I just saw on Reddit that Tiffany was a last minute addition as a bridesmaid. I wonder if someone on Esther's side had an emergency and had to drop out? If memory serves me right, there are no Bateseses sisters in the wedding party.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Any sightings of the Duggar clan? I would expect at least JD since he and Nate are both big shots in Meddicorps.

Joy and Austin flew in today and left their kids at home. I haven't seen any other posts yet.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I just saw on Reddit that Tiffany was a last minute addition as a bridesmaid. I wonder if someone on Esther's side had an emergency and had to drop out? If memory serves me right, there are no Bateseses sisters in the wedding party.

Maybe Lawson is planning to propose at the reception and they figured the optics would be better if she was in the wedding party?🤷🏼‍♀️

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Maybe Lawson is planning to propose at the reception and they figured the optics would be better if she was in the wedding party?🤷🏼‍♀️

I actually wouldn't be surprised. If someone on her side dropped out and she decided to put in someone on Nathan's side, it's interesting that that person is Tiffany rather than one of the 37 sisters. Though I assume Nathan "recommended" someone from his side and I don't think he has a close relationship with any sister and then if he randomly chose one - the loudmouths like Carlin, Katie, SIL Whit - would have something to say about it if it wasn't them; like I don't think he is like Trace who is close with Alyssa and could just choose her and everyone would 100% expect that. I mean Law and Tiff aren't even engaged, what if Tiff runs away - do you want her in your wedding pics forever? But if it's bc Law is gonna propose right there it'll be like aawww remember how they started their lives at our wedding and we were able to give them sage marriage advice because we had been newlyweds for 45 min then.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6

I was perusing various Bates Instas, and it looks like it's going to be a nice wedding. I'm not sure where in PA Esther lives, but the area is really pretty. I'm most curious to see what she wears for a dress. I think she'll go a little more glam than the average Fundie. Maybe something along the lines of what Whitney wore for her vow renewal. 

• Love 3

So Law is posting an IG video w/ him and Nathan and some friend (Andrew? IDK who that is) all in flight suits but with tuxes/suits underneath and Nathan holding a helmet. Uh is he skydiving into a venue or something? Or is this just the Top Gun look that they're going to walk in with?? I mean they just went flying yesterday and Lawson did the skydiving thing. Is it Nathan's turn today on his wedding day? Bc all I have in mind is that image from Full House - the groom jumped and landed in a tree and got stuck. And generally speaking I know these boys all fancy themselves military pilots and army airborne skydivers but they're really a bunch of idiots flying around in cheap old jalopy planes, looking up online how to even do flight checks on these planes before taking off. Is it a good idea to go flying around on your wedding day/day before??

And they were all posting videos an hour or 2 ago as they started gathering at the venue. It's a petty point but why don't the Bates boys ever wear undershirts? They obviously buy the cheapest clothing possible - like a white shirt is a white shirt why would I buy a more expensive one.  So they buy clothing made of the cheapest fabrics and Trace and Law yeah they could both use undershirts under those flimsy looking white shirts!? Maybe it's dated and guys don't wear those anymore but this is a formal event. And my god Alyssa is IN LOVE with herself as she filmed herself walking up to the venue fake smile in place - uh sweetie you're not THAT pretty nor are you a real celebrity but you go ahead and enjoy feeling like paparazzi is following you. And I think it's weird how much Alyssa, Josie and to a lesser extent Carlin are gushing over this wedding. They - and most of the family - never gave Nathan the time of day; granted he does seem like a jerk but no one seems to have an especially close bond with him except Law and maybe Trace. My impression was always that Alyssa, Josie, Carlin etc. saw him at big family events but never had much in common with him so basically avoided him except Christmas etc. But now that he got a girl to say yes OMG everyone is SOOOO excited for MY brother's wedding. Comes across so fake. Maybe they're just relieved that he isn't gay/someone wanted him so they don't have to explain a weirdo bachelor uncle to their kids (not that I think unmarried = weirdo but they do).

Edited by cereality
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

Lawson and Tiff don't have a thread? She's calling Kelly Mama B. 

They both posted a lame video about this groomsman asking this bridesmaid out on a date. I realized I had never heard Tiff speak before. And I never want to listen to her again. She sounds like she huffed a canister of helium. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

cereality, I saw the stories and agree the Bates boys need t-shirts. The material of those dress shirts is so cheap, it's practically see-through. And yes, Alyssa is most definitely very enamored with herself. She uses so many heavy filters though, I'm curious to see what she looks like without them.

I thought Zoe and Lexi looked adorable. I love the peachy-gold theme for the accessories and bridesmaid dresses. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Lawson and Tiff don't have a thread? She's calling Kelly Mama B. 

They both posted a lame video about this groomsman asking this bridesmaid out on a date. I realized I had never heard Tiff speak before. And I never want to listen to her again. She sounds like she huffed a canister of helium. 

Lawson almost seemed as if he was embarrassed of Tiffany.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Yowza. Have you guys been lurking on Reddit? The super sleuths discovered Esther's estranged sister, Leah, made an account and spread rumors about her and Nathan. Leah did not attend the wedding and alluded to putting out a video in the near future to "clear her name." 

For the record, the rumor is that Nathan kissed the sister prior to getting with Esther. Seems kind of a petty thing to be salty about, especially considering Leah is married to a guy who's a million times hotter than Butterball Bates, but who knows. Families are complicated, so maybe there's more to it.

• Useful 4

That's wild about Leah Keyes. There must be more to the story. 

ETA: Got this pic from Reddit. Yikes...I hate everything about this look...the hair, the skirt, and especially the tiara. I don't even know this girl, but none of this seems right for her. 

esther 2.jpg

Edited by IndianPaintbrush
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

When my niece was four I gave her a Princess play kit for Christmas. I swear Esther is wearing the same tiara.

I'm underwhelmed  The shiny dress looks like something they pulled off the clearance rack at a bridal outlet. Did it really warrant several trips to Florida with entourage in tow? 

I understand the vibe Esther was going for, and she's a beautiful girl, but she looks cheap. Sorry, not sorry.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 8

Wow they look very mediocre - like this was a VERY budget wedding, which isn't the vibe you get from the venue and the look of the rehearsal. I mean a shiny polyester looking dress with a fake tiara that you'd find in the costume stash of a high school drama department?? Not to mention it doesn't seem to match her style at all. She never struck me as THAT modest that she needs a completely long sleeved dress with solid sleeves so you can't even see an inch of skin, as opposed to say light lace sleeves. I mean she wears jeans (though haven't seen pants on when she's w/ him so maybe this is a Whit situation - she's changing for them) + has taken pics practically hip thrusting Nathan - she isn't THAT modest. You can get better dresses than this at David's Bridal; looks like an extreme budget choice - like I HAD to choose the one on the deepest discount.

His suit looks like cheap polyester too - which isn't shocking; the Bates men consider nothing besides price. A black suit/tux is a black suit/tux, what do you mean quality that's just them fancy talk to get ppl to waste more $$$ but we're no suckers; I mean you can see it by the bargain basement shirts Law and Trace are wearing that are practically see thru and Law’s also appears to be too small - he looks like the buttons will burst at any second but I bet he just got the closest size they had left on the bargain rack.

And it's only 1 still pic but I expected them esp him to look MUCH happier.

And btw yes they DID skydive in per Lawson. 🙄 What a tool. Have a nice life Esther and enjoy the minute of action tonight.

Edited by cereality
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I mean of course she was going to wear her hair down. He made a huge deal re Carlin and/or Tori’s hair being down for the wedding and he wasn’t looking to get turned on by those people. With his own wife who he must sleep with after they wrap up the reception in 90 minutes, there’s no option but hair down.

Yeah I don’t get what’s happening with that train. Her entire outfit looks like a costume you’d wear in the 8th grade play if you were playing a bride. 

He’s a husky man - his standing up/vertically taken pics make it more obvious. He’s got Kelly’s body - a cylinder. At least he found a gal who can cook - that cream cheese chicken will do him no favors but at least he won’t be scrounging for food like his brothers in law.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Agree with so many things posted here.  
Undershirts, invest in them.  Evan included.  Have I missed the posts ripping on Evan and Wardens hair?  Dumb!
Don't understand why these chics get extensions then just let them hang.  So unappealing.  I guess that's the look, but boring. 
Her dress is definitely not a fave of mine.  Pretty boring, especially after such a big deal was made picking it up from the shop.  Renee made a real boring dress. 
The kids looked to be the cutest thing at this wedding, and they usually annoy me ha ha.  

• Love 4
1 minute ago, So unbelievable said:

The kids looked to be the cutest thing at this wedding, and they usually annoy me ha ha.  

With regards to the kids, I always find Alyssa's girls adorable in still photos, but annoying a/f in live action. The middle two are so screechy and whiny. 

I'm surprised Nathan didn't try to get in shape for the wedding. I get that he's husky by nature, but if I had to get naked in front of the opposite sex for the first time, I'd want to feel my best. 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, BitterApple said:

With regards to the kids, I always find Alyssa's girls adorable in still photos, but annoying a/f in live action. The middle two are so screechy and whiny. 

I'm surprised Nathan didn't try to get in shape for the wedding. I get that he's husky by nature, but if I had to get naked in front of the opposite sex for the first time, I'd want to feel my best. 

Especially after seeing Esther in that sexy white nightgown!

• LOL 2

I don't see Nathan as the type who will ever really try to get in shape. I think he's only going to get bigger from here on in. What a fun prospect for Esther.

The bridesmaid dresses are nice. I really thought Esther would go for something similarly modern and streamlined.

esther 3.jpg

• Love 4

I agree, the bridesmaids dresses are pretty. I saw other pics of Tiffany and the rose-gold color looked absolutely stunning with her skin tone.

Kelly looked nice as well. She's slimmed down a bit and her dress was a huge step up from her earlier frumpwear. 

The only one who didn't wow me was Esther, sadly. With her looks and figure, she could've really knocked it out of the park, but somehow it just didn't work.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 8

The dress looks like something from the 1980's between the material and the long sleeves. I watch too many episodes of "Say Yes to the Dress" and feel like she should have added a sparkly belt to it.   No surprise that she wore her down down since that is what her headship wanted. 

• Love 5

I don't like the dress, I don't like the kiddie looking tiara, and I don't like her hair looking stringy and with pieces hanging over her face.  They were showy where they didn't need to be (skydiving! and a horse drawn carriage) and missed on the clothes and styling for both of them.  

I did like Kelly's dress.  It was more fitting for the occasion and venue than the bride's dress.  I don't know what Josie was thinking except maybe the bride is going shiny so I will too?  Tori looks quite settled with her kids and husband now.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I guess they exited the wedding in a helicopter.

A description of the wedding in a Fox News article:

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/nathan-bates-esther-keyes-marriage-wedding-ceremony.amp

Nice of Fox to mention all the vendors from the wedding. Esther’s dress looks nice from the side, it looked plain in the front facing  picture I saw before. Now we know why all these guys need sky diving training, apparently that’s the way to make an entrance.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Holy crap, I saw a video of Nathan parachuting in. He hit a little tree as he landed. 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

It was awesome! Esther’s brother posted it. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1