Type keyword(s) to search

Trials and Tribulations of Juicy and Tre...

• Start Topic

If they do get divorced, it will not happen, IMO, until Joe goes in to start his "camp" adventure. By then Teresa will need to get as much sympathy as possible and filing for divorce will get her that. She will do a "Joe made me sign" tour while shilling her "products" in every tabloid under the sun and on any talk show that will have her on. She will do it with Joe's blessings because he knows he will be deported when "camp" is over. Unless Teresa makes BIG, BIG money doing the "divorce" tour or meets an uber rich fool to marry, she and Joe will get back together in Italy with the money she rakes in from  the divorce tour. JMO

I think Teresa's fan base is dwindling.  I doubt there is anything of much interest she can enthrall fans with that would result in a successful tour.  Her last book tanked-I am guessing because no one really bought Teresa knew had to BBQ.  Any book she writes will have so much denial in it-how many times can I read about her daughters and how much she loves Juicy.  Corporate America won't support her and now she can't even get independents to let her have a dog and pony show.  Bravo is smart by January they will have the next lovable RHONJ shooting away.  They obviously need someone, sweet, cute with young children and a discernible hair line.

• Love 3

Thanks zoeysmom and Lotus Flower. This is just unbelievable. I'm beginning to wonder if Carolyn's son (albie?) really did go to lawyer school, as Tiny Jim calls it, and has been on retainer for the Guidices all these years, because they seem to know how far to push the laws.

• Love 1

All parents working or stay at home do have a very full schedule. There are many single parent households and many households with one parent who is away serving time in the military or just plain travel for business.

First off Montville has school buses so Joe needs to get the kids on the bus. I looked it up and apparently the middle school kids and elementary kids all ride the same bus. This is probably where Gia will be quite helpful. Since Joe will be working (haha) he can avail himself to after school day care or hire someone to be at the house to tend to the children when they return home from school. As far as after school activities between three SILs and two grandmas and parents of their school mates this should be able to work out just fine. Joe seems to do a lot of the cooking so I think he probably has this handled. These people seem to have money to burn so it seems so I see the biggest problem is keeping Joe in at night. Quite honestly, I think that is Teresa's concern as she has every reason to be worried about Joe's ways.

And it's possible the kids social lives will be cut back drastically. A friend of mine lost her job and along with that the kid lost dancing school and weekend trips to the malls/arcades etc. She basically drives to and from school every day and once a week to the supermarket. Sucks for the kids but you gotta do what you gotta do.
  • Love 5

I don't understand why Teresa had to drive them to school anyway.  Don't they have school buses in New Jersey?

It's unfortunate for the girls but most of their extra activities will probably be cut.  Let's face it........there's no money to pay for them anyway.

Gia doesn't need acting, modeling or dance classes.  She needs to be in therapy.

• Love 9

Good for you - You go girl!

OMG!   From what I've been reading it seems that Joe Guidice has a valid New Jersey license until March.  How is that possible?

His DL was suspended  because of the DUI only and once he completed whatever he had to then, he got it back. I do NOT understand why getting a fake/fraudulent DL does not carry the same consequences, by that I mean loosing said DL even longer! SMH

Well she can try but if she's not on the official "guest list", she's not getting in.

Even if Teresa does not put her on "THE" list, Melissa will still be able to TWEET that she took the girls to see their mom and Teresa will know that Melissa will let the world know! PAY BACK TIME!! LOL

And it's possible the kids social lives will be cut back drastically. A friend of mine lost her job and along with that the kid lost dancing school and weekend trips to the malls/arcades etc. She basically drives to and from school every day and once a week to the supermarket. Sucks for the kids but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Joe has NOT worked for a long time and YET the girls have been even more involved with sports/cheerleading/dancing/ect. The Giudice's do NOT believe in cutting back on anything they WANT, they just don't pay for the things they NEED, like health insurance for 4 kids. SMH

• Love 3

I don't understand why Teresa had to drive them to school anyway.  Don't they have school buses in New Jersey?

It's unfortunate for the girls but most of their extra activities will probably be cut.  Let's face it........there's no money to pay for them anyway.

Gia doesn't need acting, modeling or dance classes.  She needs to be in therapy.

Not to be unkind towards Gia but I think maybe she might want to give up on the acting, gymnastics, singing, cheerleading, dancing and modeling-she has been hard at it since she could walk and from what I have seen she is a more of a fan/participant than a talent in these disciplines.  Recently they "booked" studio time and had a video shot-this is a pretty expensive hobby for a kid whose parents are $13 million in debt and prison bound.  I think the middle two girls are in sports and that is fairly affordable. Oh that Milania is in cheerleading but she seemed to have about zero attention span.  I have no idea what the youngest is up to but it would seem like a good thing for her godmother to fund.  Oops, I forgot Dina lives in NYC.

I think it will be hard to get Joe to agree to therapy.  After all when he was ordered into therapy in school he said he didn't need and look how he turned out.   I didn't realize until I read the transcripts that Joe dropped out of high school in 10th grade.  I had to laugh when he then said he had three years of college.

• Love 3

If I were in Teresa's position, knowing that I had an "expiration date" of Jan 5, 2015, AND knowing that my husband is NOT reliable, I would be busy making timelines and calendars and arrangements for my children. Getting to school daily. Doctors and dental appts, spiritual counseling, Mass/Communion/Confirmation/Confession schedules. Gymnastics, ballet, sports, cheer, tutoring, etc. Regular studies and homework, science fair projects, dioramas and book reports. Who can help? Who can be there?

Prepare a list of names, phones and addresses of a support network for her kids. Talk to friends, relatives, parents of classmates, even school personnel, who would be willing to be added to such a list.

Wherever possible, if family or close friends can step up, great. But I think Teresa should start interviewing NOW for a hs senior or college girl, or two, with a valid drivers license to be a permanent, 15 month au pair. The Guidice girls will need a constancy and security.

I would NOT rely on Joe at all. If he can occasionally offer a hug or kiss, that's lovely. But relying on him for day to day would be a mistake, imo.

So if it's true, as she says often, that Teresa right now can think ONLY of her daughters, she should put her money where her mouth is, and get cracking with calendars and schedules, surrogates and chaperones.

Edited by sleekandchic

driving the kids once in awhile is easy and actually a pleasure. try racing 4 kids around from place to place and have to be there on time. try arranging 4 kids schedules and hope the schedules never change. try doing this 5-6 days a week with no end in site. hope that you dont get lost, there isnt a traffic jam, construction, bad weather, kids having bad attitudes because of a bad day or because you are late picking them up or late on the way to an event. kids having to go to the bathroom, kids being hungry right NOW, kids spilling in the car, vomiting in the car, ..oh yes this is very easy and anybody could do this......i truly dont think any of you do this as part of a routine and have kids on travel teams, religious events, parties, school events, plus someone has to attend to the chickens, the dogs, get breakfast and dinner ready M-F, all day saturday and sunday. sure any early 60ish lady can do this easily on a day to day basis. wonder if she just sits around all day now and is itching (in her retirement years) to take this all on..........OMG

But this isn't unusual or tragic- you are talking about something that millions of people do, young and old, everyday. Yes, it's exhausting. Yes, it can test your limits. But most of these activities are optional and, honestly, these people have so much adult help between the families. Let's not forget that they can also ask friends to carpool. Despite the family's current situation, they have a lot more resources than so many other HONEST single parents or grandparents out there.

They can give up superfluous activities. Sucks for the girls, but...tough. Sorry, not sorry.

By the way, my 65 year old mother-in-law is an ER night nurse (graveyard shift) who still works, bikes 20 miles a day through hilly terrain and helps care for very young grandchildren. She's not superwoman, there's nothing superhuman about her. You'd be surprised what people are capable of when they have to step up.

• Love 4

If I were in Teresa's position, knowing that I had an "expiration date" of Jan 5, 2015, AND knowing that my husband is NOT reliable, I would be busy making timelines and calendars and arrangements for my children. Getting to school daily. Doctors and dental appts, spiritual counseling, Mass/Communion/Confirmation/Confession schedules. Gymnastics, ballet, sports, cheer, tutoring, etc. Regular studies and homework, science fair projects, dioramas and book reports. Who can help? Who can be there?

Prepare a list of names, phones and addresses of a support network for her kids. Talk to friends, relatives, parents of classmates, even school personnel, who would be willing to be added to such a list.

Wherever possible, if family or close friends can step up, great. But I think Teresa should start interviewing NOW for a hs senior or college girl with a valid drivers license to be a permanent, 15 month au pair. The Guidice girls will need a constancy and security.

I would NOT rely on Joe at all. If he can occasionally offer a hug or kiss, that's lovely. But relying on him for day to day would be a mistake, imo.

So if it's true, as she says often, that Teresa right now can think ONLY of her daughters, she should put her money where her mouth is, and get cracking with calendars and schedules, surrogates and chaperones.

They'll cross that bridge when they get there. It's the Giudice way.

• Love 4

Hmm, that's assault.   So much for obeying all laws.   Not quite the world's soonest probation violation but darn close.

Joe even had to step into the guy to reach the camera. The guy was NOT in Joe's face at all!  He is such an arrogant ASS just like his wife!  SMH

• Love 1

Not quite a table flip but:

http://www.realitytea.com/2014/10/15/joe-giudice-shoves-video-cameraman-in-courthouse-fraud-case-license/

Before he pushed the cameraman, Juicy was looking around to make sure no one was watching and THEN pushed him. 

Dude.  It's a cameraman.  With a camera.  And it's rolling.

There is one guarantee when dealing with the Giudices - if there is a really stupid thing to do or a bad choice to be made, they will do it.  Whaddaya gonna do?

• Love 9

His DL was suspended because of the DUI only and once he completed whatever he had to then, he got it back. I do NOT understand why getting a fake/fraudulent DL does not carry the same consequences, by that I mean loosing said DL even longer! SMH

Even if Teresa does not put her on "THE" list, Melissa will still be able to TWEET that she took the girls to see their mom and Teresa will know that Melissa will let the world know! PAY BACK TIME!! LOL

Joe has NOT worked for a long time and YET the girls have been even more involved with sports/cheerleading/dancing/ect. The Giudice's do NOT believe in cutting back on anything they WANT, they just don't pay for the things they NEED, like health insurance for 4 kids. SMH

I remember saying it back on TWOP, this DL issue would be a nothing case when the time comes. Not saying I agree with the punishment (or lack thereof), but I've been around the NJ traffic courts enough to know a first time offense for something like that would be no big deal (actually I can probably list 10 old friends from high school who got busted for something similar 20+ years ago.) But I too wonder, how the hell does thus family even have car insurance? With his past offenses, just having him as living in the house must make their premiums as high as their mortgage.

As for Melissa driving the Juicy girls anywhere, unless there are Bravo cameras in tow, I don't think Melissa gives enough shits about those kids to step up and do anything.

Edited by hottesthw
  • Love 4

I wonder if Teresa's Jewish friends are telling her to divorce Joe and try and get the prison time shelved.

Lol this is so funny because the "my Jewish friends would have..." comment completely blew her "happy marriage" cover so fucking hard back then and I didn't realize it until much later. Exactly WHY were they telling her they would have left Joe already? What was she telling them about him?

• Love 8

I remember saying it back on TWOP, this DL issue would be a nothing case when the time comes. Not saying I agree with the punishment (or lack thereof), but I've been around the NJ traffic courts enough to know a first time offense for something like that would be no big deal (actually I can probably list 10 old friends from high school who got busted for something similar 20+ years ago.) But I too wonder, how the hell does thus family even have car insurance? With his past offenses, just having him as living in the house must make their premiums as high as their mortgage.

As for Melissa driving the Juicy girls anywhere, unless there are Bravo cameras in tow, I don't think Melissa gives enough shits about those kids to step up and do anything.

Although this was Joes first arrest for DL Fraud, it was NOT his first DUI nor the first time caught driving on a suspended DL. His driving history would all come into play in court as would his blatant disregard for the law. He is lucky to be allowed to keep his current license for the time being and to not have to serve any extra jail time. I would hate to see what their car insurance costs! It makes me sick to know they have insurance on their vehicles but not health insurance on their daughters!

Melissa does things with the Giudice girls off camera. IMO, just mine, she loves those girls and will be there for them if allowed to be. Besides, there is always twitter to let everyone know she is "helping" Teresa out! lol

• Love 2

Joe Giudice punched out a cameraman while on his way to court???  Joe is not only stupid, he's insane!  There must be psychiatrists in prison, and I hope they send Joe to one of them.  He needs it!  If he's that bad, he must have taken out his anger on Teresa from time to time.  I'd bet on it.  Has she ever mentioned it on the show?  I don't remember it, or I could have missed it.  How can she stand to live that way?  Joe is nothing more than a little pipsqueak who picks on people who can't fight back and beat him senseless.  Geez, if Joe keeps this up, I'm going to need the doctor!!!

Edited by Lura
  • Love 3

Teresa has never been with him for any of the state case hearings. Doesn't (or didn't) go with the image she tried so hard to portray. She is one cold bitch.

Could it be her lawyers's advices because she had her own trial ? Could her presence be prejudicial for the both of them? 

On a shallow note, I notice that Joe went for the big trial in a suit and for this one in jeans. Is there a dress code of some sorts in court ? Better be dress like "regular folks" for a DUI ? 

Edited by Pollock
  • Love 2

Joe Giudice punched out a cameraman while on his way to court???  Joe is not only stupid, he's insane!  There must be psychiatrists in prison, and I hope they send Joe to one of them.  He needs it!  If he's that bad, he must have taken out his anger on Teresa from time to time.  I'd bet on it.  Has she ever mentioned it on the show?  I don't remember it, or I could have missed it.  How can she stand to live that way?  Joe is nothing more than a little pipsqueak who picks on people who can't fight back and beat him senseless.  Geez, if Joe keeps this up, I'm going to need the doctor!!!

Lura....Tre - denial.  That was the stupidest thing I saw ~ him walking into court and putting his hands on someone.  Maybe he did need Tre there to grab onto one of his fists.

Who goes to a court appearance as serious as this after being a convicted felon in jeans? 

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 2

I don't know where to post this--- but whatever came out of the 'love child' that Joe had?  The son that his mother and sisters were supposedly proudly carrying around?  The rumors were during Season 2 if I remember correctly.  I just watched the Season 2 reunion where Danielle asked Theresa if she'd seen her 'nephew' and Theresa went totally ballistic.  I've never seen anything like it.  She pushed Andy down and was barely contained and practically foaming at the mouth incoherent.  I assumed Danielle was pushing her button by letting her know on television and in a snarky way that Joe had a son with another woman.  Or maybe she was just speaking of Melissa's son and hinting that Theresa hadn't been a good aunt to him...  Was there any follow up on this story?  I stopped watching the show last season, but got sucked back in this year.  I ordered Season 1 and 2 on Amazon and realize how lacking this season is. Amber and those twins cant hold a candle to what went on the first two seasons!  Anyway, was the love child just a Juicy rumor or what?

• Love 2

Could it be her lawyers's advices because she had her own trial ? Could her presence be prejudicial for the both of them? 

Why? They're husband and wife. Besides, Teresa's case is over, so what harm is there for her? As for Joe, today's day in court was just a hearing. There was no jury to prejudice.

• Love 2

Why? They're husband and wife. Besides, Teresa's case is over, so what harm is there for her? As for Joe, today's day in court was just a hearing. There was no jury to prejudice.

Oh ok ! Thank you !

I understand nothing to your judicial system (how can you serve 3 life sentences or 2 sentences at the same time for example...) despite years of Law & Order, so I thought the presence of the convicted felon wife could further pissed off this judge or in her case, could pissed off her judge "they are always with each other, how could she not know", something like that... 

And because I read about that case only one-eye opened, I thought he was convicted yesterday when accepting the plea deal ! 

I will crawl, ashamed, under my rock now ! :)

Edited by Pollock
  • Love 1

He is convicted; he was not convicted through a trial but by voluntarily pleading guilty.

His lawyers and the prosecutors conferred with the judge and received the judge's agreement to allow him to serve his state time concurrently with his federal time.

The legal system is confusing to many, but unless you've been to law school and practice criminal law, it's not a failing.

• Love 3

I don't know where to post this--- but whatever came out of the 'love child' that Joe had?  The son that his mother and sisters were supposedly proudly carrying around?  The rumors were during Season 2 if I remember correctly.  I just watched the Season 2 reunion where Danielle asked Theresa if she'd seen her 'nephew' and Theresa went totally ballistic.  I've never seen anything like it.  She pushed Andy down and was barely contained and practically foaming at the mouth incoherent.  I assumed Danielle was pushing her button by letting her know on television and in a snarky way that Joe had a son with another woman.  Or maybe she was just speaking of Melissa's son and hinting that Theresa hadn't been a good aunt to him...  Was there any follow up on this story?  I stopped watching the show last season, but got sucked back in this year.  I ordered Season 1 and 2 on Amazon and realize how lacking this season is. Amber and those twins cant hold a candle to what went on the first two seasons!  Anyway, was the love child just a Juicy rumor or what?

I'm not sure I've ever heard of a love child. 

I thought Tre throwing Andy's ass (hee) back into the chair was all about Melissa's last born son....someone may know more, but that's the impression I got.  I wouldn't be surprised if there were more Milania~half spawn out there though.

Dang, my ex's new wife is too old to be Juicy's love child, otherwise, that would explain EVERYTHING!

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 2

I'm not sure I've ever heard of a love child. 

I thought Tre throwing Andy's ass (hee) back into the chair was all about Melissa's last born son....someone may know more, but that's the impression I got.  I wouldn't be surprised if there were more Milania~half spawn out there though.

Dang, my ex's new wife is too old to be Juicy's love child, otherwise, that would explain EVERYTHING!

I think it was about Melissa's son; I've heard nothing about a "love child" of Joe Guidice

• Love 1

As much as I hate these people, I don't know that I agree that jail is a good punishment. The federal government will be paying to house and feed them, and paying for guards to watch them do nothing. They're not violent, and their crimes were awful but not physically threatening to other people. They really should just be forced to live in a two bedroom apartment in Camden and be made to pay tons of restitution and fines and do thousands of hours of community service. This kind of thing is why we have so many people in this country in prison. Joe Guidice sucks, but he's not even really doing the time because of the DUI. He's doing time on the federal dollar for fraud and being an asshole who steals. Lindsay Lohan was more of a physical danger to other people and she served like 20 days or less in jail.

Take everything they own, force them to work to pay back the rest and then some. Ban them from ever getting another mortgage. Make Teresa live in used apartments for the rest of her life.

• Love 10

Wherever possible, if family or close friends can step up, great. But I think Teresa should start interviewing NOW for a hs senior or college girl, or two, with a valid drivers license to be a permanent, 15 month au pair. The Guidice girls will need a constancy and security.

one of my daughters friends actually worked for teresa not too long ago as a babysitter.  she said the kids were impossible to deal with (not all of them)  and had no discipline.  one time teresa asked her and a friend to accompany them to a music concert to help with the kids (teresa's kids plus friends).  when the long night was over teresa did not pay either of the girls for their time ( 7 hours in total) and told them taking them along to the concert was their pay. i dont know who protested and if patrents got involved but a few days later teresa gave each girl $20 for their time.  would you let your daughter work fot this woman?

• Love 10

I doubt Joe ever laid a hand on Theresa.   Abusers are all about control.   And we know darn well who is in control in that family.    Happy Wife, Happy Life.   He just punches out those he doesn't have to live with.

• Love 3

As much as I hate these people, I don't know that I agree that jail is a good punishment. The federal government will be paying to house and feed them, and paying for guards to watch them do nothing. They're not violent, and their crimes were awful but not physically threatening to other people. They really should just be forced to live in a two bedroom apartment in Camden and be made to pay tons of restitution and fines and do thousands of hours of community service. This kind of thing is why we have so many people in this country in prison. Joe Guidice sucks, but he's not even really doing the time because of the DUI. He's doing time on the federal dollar for fraud and being an asshole who steals. Lindsay Lohan was more of a physical danger to other people and she served like 20 days or less in jail.

Take everything they own, force them to work to pay back the rest and then some. Ban them from ever getting another mortgage. Make Teresa live in used apartments for the rest of her life.

I understand what you are saying and why, BUT that is not how it works and Teresa would NEVER agree to that, Joe would be fine with it in my opinion. Even if the government sold every single thing they had it would not repay everyone they stole from! Most of the small business's, the small time lawyers, the average person would see nothing, not even pennies on the dollar but NOTHING! We already know that Teresa/Joe refuse to live within the confines of what they earn and what their bills are, they just do not pay their bills while spending to their hearts content on junk/trinkets! Even with the loss of everything and prison time, I do NOT hold out hope that Teresa learned her lesson....... to live within their means AFTER paying their bills first.   JMO

• Love 2

I understand what you are saying and why, BUT that is not how it works and Teresa would NEVER agree to that, Joe would be fine with it in my opinion. Even if the government sold every single thing they had it would not repay everyone they stole from! Most of the small business's, the small time lawyers, the average person would see nothing, not even pennies on the dollar but NOTHING! We already know that Teresa/Joe refuse to live within the confines of what they earn and what their bills are, they just do not pay their bills while spending to their hearts content on junk/trinkets! Even with the loss of everything and prison time, I do NOT hold out hope that Teresa learned her lesson....... to live within their means AFTER paying their bills first.   JMO

The best thing that could ever happen to Teresa is if all her worldly possession excepting underwear and casual clothes were sold off and she did start anew.  I bet her choices would be very different.  When my kids were her kids age they got new school clothes, clothes at Christmas and summer clothes it was not this constant trek to the mall every week.  That is something she needs to teach her girls and wean them off their addiction to lip gloss.  Those kids start using it when they are 2 years old.  For some reason that just irritates me.  Shopping should be a special occasion not a constant. 

• Love 3

Melissa does things with the Giudice girls off camera. IMO, just mine, she loves those girls and will be there for them if allowed to be. Besides, there is always twitter to let everyone know she is "helping" Teresa out! lol

We have no way of knowing what, if anything, Melissa does off camera with the kids, but you're right in that she would fully take advantage of the tv cameras and/or twitter to get her additional 5 minutes of fame out there (using the kids, kinda like Theresa does).

I totally agree with you. Sure they'll be inconvenienced going to prison, but thr places they're going are hardly Oz. They'll work, they'll get to be out in the sun, they'll speak to family and friends. And then it's over. I say make em suffer. Take their shit and make them start over with nothing. None of those creditors are getting paid anyway whether they serve time or not. What's $400,000 gonna do when your debt is $13 mill? Take their cash, jewels, houses, furniture and make them struggle like the rest of us.

• Love 2

I don't understand why Teresa had to drive them to school anyway.  Don't they have school buses in New Jersey?

Depends on how close to the school they live.  And  Gia is probably not in the same school as Milania and Gabriella.

But I too wonder, how the hell does thus family even have car insurance?

Only gross people who live in second hand uncleansy homes bother with insurance.

Edited by One More Time
  • Love 5

Depends on how close to the school they live.  And  Gia is probably not in the same school as Milania and Gabriella.

Only gross people who live in second hand uncleansy homes bother with insurance.

The middle school girls and the elementary school girls all ride the same bus.  I actually looked it up.  Middle school starts at 5th grade in their school district.  I believe Gabriella is a fifth grader.

We have completely overlooked Joe home schooling the girls.  . . . .What no takers for that one?  It would solve the transportation problems.

They manage to have a $1 million insurance policy for the contents of their home.  In New Jersey don't you have to have proof of insurance?

• Love 1

The middle school girls and the elementary school girls all ride the same bus.  I actually looked it up.  Middle school starts at 5th grade in their school district.  I believe Gabriella is a fifth grader.

We have completely overlooked Joe home schooling the girls.  . . . .What no takers for that one?  It would solve the transportation problems.

They manage to have a $1 million insurance policy for the contents of their home.  In New Jersey don't you have to have proof of insurance?

You do need proof of insurance, in fact you need it if you get pulled over for a traffic stop-license, registration, AND insurance card. You need insurance proof for both registration and inspections.

Of course, if they're skipping all that...

• Love 3

I completely disagree with the idea that having the Juicys (or other white collar criminals) not serve prison time is a good idea.

Prison exists to deter and to punish. And I think the possibility of a prison term is far more frightening to most people  - especially white collar criminals - than monetary penalties. Besides which, where do you draw the line - so rich people can effectively literally buy their way out of prison? 

Low and medium security Federal prisons may not be as bad a state prisons but you are still IN PRISON with your personal freedoms circumscribed - very little contact with the outside world and everything you do regimented. Many years ago, I spent a few days in a Monterey County jail on my Alice's Restaurant type of charge. It wasn't scary and I was in a cell with my best friend and had NO contact with any inmates and knew I was getting out as soon as my parents sent bail money of some ridiculously low amount like $100 (at that time the jail didn't take Traveler's Checks LOL). However, when that door clanged shut and I was dressed in my Property of Monterey County Jail, it wasn't a fun moment. 

The restitution amount of $400,000 does NOT get Teresa off the hood for the other $13 million since those debts were NOT discharged in bankruptcy and her creditors are now free to go after them. Whether they succeed or not, who knows? However, the Juicy's face beaucoup financial problems in addition to the prison charges. While America loves a comeback story of redemption, I think Tre's days of high earnings are realistically behind her because her 15 minutes of fame whoredom will probably be over to a great extent by the time she is released. Even if she gets a book deal or another reality series, a significant percentage of money paid to her at that point will be reachable by her creditors.

Tre was fully prepared to promise to make full payments etc. - it's the PRISON SENTENCE that is blowing her mind - and good for that. A significant percentage of the population are KEPT honest by the fear of punishment - PRISON and that's why I believe in high profile defendants serving time. After all, they had the advantage of their wealth being able to buy them better legal assistance than most people can afford.

And boo hoo that her kids' lives are being changed. Many kids have their lives upset through no fault of their parents - loss of job; death or illness; deployment in the military or just the bad luck of being born to poor but honest parents. That the Juicys continued to spend with impunity until last week knowing that they still had outstanding debts is just disgusting.

And like others, I really want to know how someone whose license has been suspended 37 times and has several DUI convictions can get car insurance and is permitted to have a license. I think a drivers license is a PRIVILEGE and not a right. He's just lucky that he hasn't killed someone and someone is not caught every time they drive over the legal limit so Juicy has probably been a menace on the roads numerous times. At the very least, there should be a category of licenses for people like him where you are allowed to drive only to work or school.

• Love 11

Oh ok ! Thank you !

I understand nothing to your judicial system (how can you serve 3 life sentences or 2 sentences at the same time for example...) despite years of Law & Order, so I thought the presence of the convicted felon wife could further pissed off this judge or in her case, could pissed off her judge "they are always with each other, how could she not know", something like that...

And because I read about that case only one-eye opened, I thought he was convicted yesterday when accepting the plea deal !

I will crawl, ashamed, under my rock now ! :)

No need for shame. I hope my reply didn't make you feel your question was silly. As SFoster said, it's confusing! Take Juicy's guilty plea - he gets to serve his prison sentence for his state crime concurrently with his sentence for the federal crime? What??!! That means he's basically getting off for the ID fraud, save a temporary license suspension. I'm just a Law & Order lawyer like you, so I'm just taking a guess here, but I think this move is about money - the state saves a lot by having the Feds pick up the tab for Joe's incarceration.

I'm also taking a stab at answering your question re: muliple life sentences. I think it's a way of honoring or giving Justice to each victim. So, for ex., if someone is convicted of murdering three people, then they "serve"three life sentences. That way, each count stands on its own, and the life of each victim is honored.

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 5

It also has to do with parole.

I just came back to amend my answer, so thank you! I gave the more symbolic answer, but there's a legal/technical reason as well - a 2nd life sentence would ensure continued time in prison if the murderer was eligible for parole on the first life sentence.

• Love 2

before Joe is assigned a prison the do an evaluation and determine whether or not he is suitable for camp or has to go to a more secure facility.  He has one violent conviction, if he keeps it up he may not be eligible for Club Fed.

• Love 3

I hate to admit it, it would be horrible for the girls, but I would watch a show with Juicy homeschooling the girls.  It would be appointment TV.  We could have drunk Juicy teaching while Gia desperately googles things trying to find correct information.  Rosie could come over and get tanked with Juicy, then join in on the learnin'.   

• Love 13

Tre was fully prepared to promise to make full payments etc. - it's the PRISON SENTENCE that is blowing her mind

Of course, because with promising to repay, she can always have an excuse why she can't pay right now.   But prison, there is no way around that.

I get the point of view of people who think prison is too soft on these folks.    They want the punishment to fit the crime.   They want them working forever to pay off the debt while living within their means.   Except these folks will never live within their means.   They could have a million dollars or ten dollars and they will always spend more than they have.   Because they have no concept of responsibility.   Prison won't do much either because again -- no responsbility.   It's someone else's fault they got caught and jailed.   

Not sure what the answer is with unrepentent jerks like this.   But frankly sending them to a desert island with no money where they have to grow their own food, make their own clothes, etc. sounds good.   But watch them try to use coconuts for credit.

• Love 5

Its awful and petty but I'd love to see a Joe and Rosie take off just make Caroline's head explode. Admittedly my favorite part of the Joe/Rosie web clips were how they were much more popular than that Albie and Chris one that someone at Bravo should have been fired over just for the name.

Upon seeing upthread mention the "used house", it made me think about and realize I've never wondered before despite the time I spend on these people, before they moved into Chateau Juicy, where did they live? When she made the comment they were furnishing the house... But were they actually living there yet? Was their previous house once " someone else's?"

• Love 2