Type keyword(s) to search

Trials and Tribulations of Juicy and Tre...

• Start Topic

From TMZ:

Teresa and Joe Giudice scored a HUGE payday before shipping off to prison ... a deal so sweet the restitution they owe to the government has almost been whittled down to nothing.

The two "Real Housewives of New Jersey" stars snagged $325,000 for a two-on-one interview with Bravo head honcho Andy Cohen ... sources close to the deal tell us.

We're told the network offered $275K for Teresa alone, but kicked in another $50K to have her less interesting husband onboard.

The Giudices owe around $400K in restitution -- which means all of the money they made will go directly towards paying off their debt ... but days after the sentencing they can now see the light at the end of the financial tunnel.

Let's hope they remember to pay taxes on the $325K.

(bold done by me)

• Love 3

I wonder if anyone can set me straight about Joe's drivers license. Does he currently have a valid license to drive a car, or not? An article going back to 2012 said that Joe Giudice was facing State charges after allegedly obtaining a New Jersey driver’s license by impersonating his brother. At the time, Joe's license was suspended because of a driving-under-the-influence episode.

State records show his license has been suspended 47 times since he first became a New Jersey driver in 1987. He has a long history of driver’s license suspensions and was cited by police in his hometown of Montville, N.J., for careless driving in a school zone. So what's up with this? If he drives drunk, texts while driving endangering the lives of children in a school zone, get's a drivers license under his brother's name and if he's still driving then something is very wrong with the Motor Vehicle Department in New Jersey.  In 2010, a man in Texas got life in prison for his 9th DUI. What's wrong with these two pictures?

Does anyone know if he's still allowed to drive?

I really believe that Teresa and Joe have money hidden somewhere, be it Italy or buried in their backyard.

There's money IN the banana stand!

Sorry, Arrested Development joke.

I have no doubt they have cash hidden somewhere. Definitely Italy and more than likely NJ. I bet those German Shepherds know something...

• Love 4

I wonder if anyone can set me straight about Joe's drivers license. Does he currently have a valid license to drive a car, or not? An article going back to 2012 said that Joe Giudice was facing State charges after allegedly obtaining a New Jersey driver’s license by impersonating his brother. At the time, Joe's license was suspended because of a driving-under-the-influence episode.

State records show his license has been suspended 47 times since he first became a New Jersey driver in 1987. He has a long history of driver’s license suspensions and was cited by police in his hometown of Montville, N.J., for careless driving in a school zone. So what's up with this? If he drives drunk, texts while driving endangering the lives of children in a school zone, get's a drivers license under his brother's name and if he's still driving then something is very wrong with the Motor Vehicle Department in New Jersey.  In 2010, a man in Texas got life in prison for his 9th DUI. What's wrong with these two pictures?

I would believe he does.  It was suspended for a period of time for the DWI but he hasn't been convicted or has the case been resolved on the charges for falsifying his driver's license.

Yes, Joe got his DL back a while ago. I was surprised that they did not keep him suspended from driving until the DL Fraud case was finished but they did not, he got it back.

Edited by WireWrap

Heatherchandler, I love you.

So how many of you will be watching tonight (it's tonight, right?)?  I think it's my duty to do so (although I might tape it because that way I can ff through the commercials and waste less of my life on these ingrates).

• Love 2

From TMZ:

Teresa and Joe Giudice scored a HUGE payday before shipping off to prison ... a deal so sweet the restitution they owe to the government has almost been whittled down to nothing.

The two "Real Housewives of New Jersey" stars snagged $325,000 for a two-on-one interview with Bravo head honcho Andy Cohen ... sources close to the deal tell us.

We're told the network offered $275K for Teresa alone, but kicked in another $50K to have her less interesting husband onboard.

The Giudices owe around $400K in restitution -- which means all of the money they made will go directly towards paying off their debt ... but days after the sentencing they can now see the light at the end of the financial tunnel.

Let's hope they remember to pay taxes on the $325K.

(bold done by me)

I find this interesting if true.  I find it an awful lot of money to pay someone you already have a contractual relationship with-especially one that you entered into a contract with knowing this was coming down the pike.  Yesterday TMZ was claiming that someone was four hours late to the Reunion and later Andy tweeted it wasn't so everyone was there on time.  I hope it is the case because it sounds like these people are out of money but something tells me we will still see them living in the mansion and still driving a Mercedes come the switcheroo next spring.

For a very long time it was rumored Nene was paid $1 million for her appearances on RHOA.  I would think after a rather lackluster season of Nene but runaway ratings for the series executives would realize there never is a real reason to pay big bucks for a star. 

Joe got his license back after he completed the DUI stuff.  Apparently, being charged with getting another license has no effect on the return of your previously suspended license.

• Love 2

Heatherchandler, I love you.

So how many of you will be watching tonight (it's tonight, right?)?  I think it's my duty to do so (although I might tape it because that way I can ff through the commercials and waste less of my life on these ingrates).

I will be watching.  If this is just more of the same, SHOCKED at Teresa going to jail, OUR FOUR DAUGHTERS and the disgusting I am too trusting of a person and will start reading before I sign stuff, I think there post-sentence tour will be a short one.  People want to know the mens rea  not this silly we are victims of our stupidity and naïvety.   I would also like to see there be some discussion about the bankruptcy fraud.  That is something Teresa repeatedly lied about and concealed her assets. 

• Love 1

As long as Joe has not killed anyone, he will keep getting his license back.   And he will keep driving when it is suspended since all they do it slap with you a fine, maybe some jail time (suspended).    It annoys the hell out of me how many people drive on suspended licenses and do nothing to get said license back.   

Okay fine, they are getting $325K, what about all the rest of the $13 million they owe?   I did love the line about her "less interesting husband."  

Sorry, Arrested Development joke.

I have no doubt they have cash hidden somewhere. Definitely Italy and more than likely NJ. I bet those German Shepherds know something...

The chicken was going to talk, that's why the dog had to "take her out".
  • Love 4

As long as Joe has not killed anyone, he will keep getting his license back.   And he will keep driving when it is suspended since all they do it slap with you a fine, maybe some jail time (suspended).    It annoys the hell out of me how many people drive on suspended licenses and do nothing to get said license back.   

Okay fine, they are getting $325K, what about all the rest of the $13 million they owe?   I did love the line about her "less interesting husband."  

First they have to pay the $200K that Teresa was ordered to bring to court but failed to do so. Then they have to worry about the $400+K they still owe must pay asap! $325K is about 1/2 of that, they still need the rest. I wonder how much Teresa will get paid for the reunion, will it be enough to pay the rest? Then they need to worry about everyday expenses!

Edited by WireWrap

First they have to pay the $200K that Teresa was ordered to bring to court but failed to do so. Then they have to worry about the $400+K they still owe must pay asap! $325K is about 1/2 of that, they still need the rest. I wonder how much Teresa will get paid for the reunion, will it be enough to pay the rest? Then they need to worry about everyday expenses!

Page Six says bravo denies $325,000.00 payment to Teresa. http://pagesix.com/2014/10/06/did-bravo-pay-325k-to-interview-the-jail-bound-giudices/

• Love 4

Someone on this thread posted a picture of the family with their four beautiful daughters (I really have nothing against the girls) taking a vacation in the Dominican Republic in 2013.  First, how did they get there if they did not have their passports, second, did they go there to hide money, and third, how the hell can they afford to take a lavish vacation when they are under so much legal and financial scrutiny?

I think their repertoire includes getting approved for lots of credit cards with big limits--charge everything their heart desires from designer bags to family vacations--then, when interest payments get too big, declare bankruptcy and default on everything (passing it on to the rest of us).

Personally, I don't think Teresa was the trusting little woman misled by her big bad husband. I think they're both stupid (though imo she's the "brains" and also the "drive" behind their life of crime) and both crooked. Teresa's lucky, imo, to only get 15 months. They are repeat offenders and have shown no regret or remorse..

Edited by Padma
  • Love 4

I hope the state makes alcohol rehab happen right away and not wait until he is in Federal prison.  He needs to go somewhere to dry out that requires a longer stay than 90 days. He needs twice that amount to get himself under control before he is in charge of those girls as their sole caretaker, even if he has 1 of the grandmothers "help" him. God help those kids if he does not get completely sober before then!

What I find sad is that Gia is going to be the one who end up parenting the younger kids. Even if Joe doesn't spend every day drunk he'll still most likely, IMO, put the burden of helping with homework, doing laundry, getting the younger girls ready for bed, ready for school on poor Gia.

• Love 3

Here is an article written by a former United States Assistant Attorney who use to go up against the judge when she was a public defender.  Of interest in the story is the  author's certainty, and he lays out the reasons that Joe will be deported . http://www.cnbc.com/id/102063575?trknav=homestack:topnews:9.   

What I find sad is that Gia is going to be the one who end up parenting the younger kids. Even if Joe doesn't spend every day drunk he'll still most likely, IMO, put the burden of helping with homework, doing laundry, getting the younger girls ready for bed, ready for school on poor Gia.

Gia will be 14 in January-the same age her paternal grandmother was when she got married.

• Love 2

It's been interesting reading everyone's comments.  The Giudices' are a baffling couple.  They certainly do what most think of as stupid things but at the same time they got away with a lot of stuff for a long time.  I don't like to diagnose mental disorders but the more I see and hear what they say, I really think the two of them could just be plain old sociopaths.  I don't think they're dumb.  I think they're very street smart and play a game they've learned very well.  Being 'street smart' is very different from being intelligent, which they're definitely not.   Caroline called Tre a sociopath when they had the argument in Napa - I think she was right. 

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM IV-TR) is another widely used tool for the diagnosis and it defines sociopath traits as:

A) Pervasive pattern of disregard for and violation of the rights of others occurring since age 15 years, as indicated by three or more of the following:

Failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest
    Deception, as indicated by repeatedly lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure
    Impulsiveness or failure to plan ahead
    Irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults
    Reckless disregard for safety of self or others
    Consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations
    Lack of remorse as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another

Here is an article written by a former United States Assistant Attorney who use to go up against the judge when she was a public defender.  Of interest in the story is the  author's certainty, and he lays out the reasons that Joe will be deported . http://www.cnbc.com/id/102063575?trknav=homestack:topnews:9.   

Gia will be 14 in January-the same age her paternal grandmother was when she got married.

Very interesting ZM.  I wasn't aware of the aggravated felony consequences. 

• Love 2

Wait, what? Filomena Giudice got married at 14 (and it WASN'T in the 1920's?) How old is she? like 56/57 now? To Joe's....42? I thought she looked young, but not that young. Guess I was right in thinking that family were just a bunch of provincial ig'nants turned schysters. 

ETA: What skeeves me is that her marito was 21 or 22 at the time. 

Edited by diorella78
  • Love 1

Besides Teresa's incarceration, I think this is the biggest development of this story - the near-certainty of Joe's deportation to Italy. It's really unbelievable. It's so off in the future, but it certainly begs a lot of questions.

• Love 1

Oh man. TMZ is now reporting that Bravo is paying the Giudices $325k for their appearance on WWHL tonight. TMZ equates it to nearly all of the restitution they owe (although Bravo is apparently denying the amount). But this leads me to a question I have (that I don't think has been addressed here yet): were Joe and Teresa each required to pay $400k+ in restitution? Or is it $400K+ collectively?

Either way, if this report is anywhere near accurate, these crooks are being rewarded for their crimes yet again. It actually does pay.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/10/06/joe-teresa-giudice-bravo-paid-money-interview-andy-cohen-bravo-restitution/

admitted at sentencing that she had sympathy for Teresa's plight. She acknowledged that Teresa was a good mother who had shown genuine remorse

The ONLY remorse that Neanderthal has is that she got caught--because RULES don't apply to Tre  and the criminal she married.

I don't believe for a second Bravo paid Teresa anything remotely close to that for this interview. Not even sure they paid her anything, I can believe they put it into her contract this season that they got her first post-sentence interview. I think she was probably pretty desperate to get resigned this Season.

Can't wait for tonight's non-interview. I'm guessing it'll go pretty much the same as the post-indictment one.

• Love 4

Considering that these two fools won't have any means of reliable income after their stints at Space Camp/yoga retreat/whatever, I'm curious how they plan to finance their lavish tastes.  I suspect this will not be their last trip to the country.

• Love 1

Teresa is still not taking responsibility. 

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5939976

On WWH L Cohen asked if Teresa has been "in denial."

"Well, [it's] time for me to wake up, like, I do need to read things before I sign them," she said. "I do need to understand things before I sign them ... I'm a trustworthy person and sometimes I take, you know, what other people say and I just believe them, and I trust them. And I can't do that anymore. I gotta make sure I fully understand something or fully read it or find a contract lawyer that can help me. Because I don't read contracts every day."

• Love 2

Wow.  I have to tell lil Miss Lab about 25 times to give me her gym clothes so I can wash them on Sunday.  Saying it will make her or help her or help her learn to be a good mother is just sad.  Is she going to wake up her dad every morning too?   When are they going to apologize for what they did to their daughters?  Probably on a prison visit.   

• Love 3

It's been interesting reading everyone's comments. The Giudices' are a baffling couple. They certainly do what most think of as stupid things but at the same time they got away with a lot of stuff for a long time. I don't like to diagnose mental disorders but the more I see and hear what they say, I really think the two of them could just be plain old sociopaths. I don't think they're dumb. I think they're very street smart and play a game they've learned very well. Being 'street smart' is very different from being intelligent, which they're definitely not. Caroline called Tre a sociopath when they had the argument in Napa - I think she was right.

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM IV-TR) is another widely used tool for the diagnosis and it defines sociopath traits as:

A) Pervasive pattern of disregard for and violation of the rights of others occurring since age 15 years, as indicated by three or more of the following:

Failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest

Deception, as indicated by repeatedly lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure

Impulsiveness or failure to plan ahead

Irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults

Reckless disregard for safety of self or others

Consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations

Lack of remorse as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another

Very interesting ZM. I wasn't aware of the aggravated felony consequences.

Holy schnikes Batman! This describes both Joe and Teresa to a tee. The total disregard for others is shocking to me. I really believe that they thought the would never be caught, and that when they were caught, that they genuinely believed that they were victims of unreasonable prosecution ( I don't know what the actual term is, but I am sure you know what I am trying to say). I think that the STILL feel like they did nothing wrong.

Joe's citizenship, or lack thereof, makes me think that he really thought maybe I don't have to pay taxes because I am not a citizen, as stupid as that sounds. I do think that Joe has a "rainy day fund" tucked away for when he goes on his permanent "vacation". The article about his probable deportation was fascinating. It was great to get a professional perspective on all of this speculation. When Joe is deported, I wonder if Teresa would be allowed to immigrate to Italy since she is a convicted felon.

I have the WWHL special set to record tonight, it will be interesting to see if either of them have really thought that far ahead. I doubt it, I mean they never thought ahead to the possiblity of getting caught and going to jail. It makes me wonder how long they could have gone on with the fraud? Would lenders have continued to give them mortgages? Just how far down the rabbit hole were.they willing to go?

Oh man. TMZ is now reporting that Bravo is paying the Giudices $325k for their appearance on WWHL tonight. TMZ equates it to nearly all of the restitution they owe (although Bravo is apparently denying the amount). But this leads me to a question I have (that I don't think has been addressed here yet): were Joe and Teresa each required to pay $400k+ in restitution? Or is it $400K+ collectively?

Either way, if this report is anywhere near accurate, these crooks are being rewarded for their crimes yet again. It actually does pay.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/10/06/joe-teresa-giudice-bravo-paid-money-interview-andy-cohen-bravo-restitution/

TMZ claims the home of the “Housewives” offered $275,000 for Teresa and $50,000 for Joe. As part of their sentencing, they each owe $414,588 in restitution.

But the network has told Page Six that the report is completely inaccurate.

http://pagesix.com/2014/10/06/did-bravo-pay-325k-to-interview-the-jail-bound-giudices/

• Love 1

Oh, I wanted to add that my daughter (a sophomore) said all her friends were talking about this.  Most of the girls called Gia something, my daughter and some others felt sorry for her. 

Why didn't Tre call the school herself?  "I don't think I told you this, but I got a call from her counselor today..."  I would have been down at the school October 1st.

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 3

Teresa is still not taking responsibility. 

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5939976

On WWH L Cohen asked if Teresa has been "in denial."

"Well, [it's] time for me to wake up, like, I do need to read things before I sign them," she said. "I do need to understand things before I sign them ... I'm a trustworthy person and sometimes I take, you know, what other people say and I just believe them, and I trust them. And I can't do that anymore. I gotta make sure I fully understand something or fully read it or find a contract lawyer that can help me. Because I don't read contracts every day."

Yes, because it was all those tricky contracts she signed that got her in trouble.

Shut up, Teresa.

• Love 5

In re-watching the first season, there's a scene where Teresa visits Joe at his Stucco business.  It was a small office located in a rundown building at the end of a rundown block.  Nothing about the business indicated that Joe could own a multi-million dollar home.  It all looked very modest.  I don't know why I didn't get the disconnect between his small business and their flashy lifestyle at the time.  They had me and a lot of people fooled I guess.

I remember thinking the same thing about the hunting lodge, it was a tiny house.  

Gia looks like Topanga (Boy Meets World, lol) in the photos linked above (the still shot from the video, in the turquoise top).

I just noticed, I believe Teresa was wearing Tom Ford sunglasses to court. Jeez Tre. Don't go out of your way to hide any flash, between those and the Mercedes. 

Edited by diorella78

TMZ claims the home of the “Housewives” offered $275,000 for Teresa and $50,000 for Joe. As part of their sentencing, they each owe $414,588 in restitution.

But the network has told Page Six that the report is completely inaccurate.

http://pagesix.com/2014/10/06/did-bravo-pay-325k-to-interview-the-jail-bound-giudices/

Maybe both stories are true: Bravo paid $325,000 but the check was made payable to the Court

• Love 3

I hope this is the truth but you never know with Andy/Bravo. They may have paid her but do not want anyone, public or other NJ cast members, to know they paid her.

I agree with this. It's also why I've always disagreed with folks saying Bravo (or any network) will give Teresa a spin-off. Or even continue filming her and/or Joe from this date forward. There's too much anger towards these two out there, so it's too risky a venture.

Damn you people have me following this mess.

So Mrs. Guidice needs to be better about listening to "other people" and signing things that she does not understand.  Aren't "other people" Joe? 

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 13

Joe and Teresa are not bright people.  Yes, they are criminals and were "successful" at scamming for a good while but they are not bright because Teresa really didn't understand her plea deal or what was supposed to be brought to the court.  She blames her lawyers. 

• Love 1

I knew it! The bitch is still claiming she 'didn't understand' what the guilty plea meant! And of course it's entirely the fault of the people she depended on who didn't explain things and didn't fight for her. WHAT a piece of work. I knew it was FAR to much to expect even a modicum of honesty from either of them, especially her, but watching her sit there and lie, deflect and deny, deny, deny.  Worthless bitch.

• Love 17