Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: You Dropped a Bomb on Me

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Keep comments in the episode thread to the episode only. Do not recommend that posters review other threads.  If they're interested, they've seen it.  If they're not, posting teasers is not appropriate. 

• Start Topic

For me, with each episode I'm finding a different one to be "the worst"...it depends on who has annoyed me most at the time. This episode did not show the Snowdens - if I have to see them, I'm usually thinking they are the worst. Insipidian makes me want to puke and seems like "the worst" the instant he appears on my screen, I find him extremely punchable. His majesty the king of nothing makes me sick the way he chases and tries to control very young women, Garrick makes me want to lock him in a porta-potty, tip it over, and light it on fire every time I see his dumb ass...I mean, they are all just such horrible, idiotic people that I'm finding it impossible to quantify the douchebaggery and decide on a "worst".

Colton is by far the best guy, and with the rest of this crew, that is one seriously low bar.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

Danielle and Garrett...who came up with this idea in the first place and who chose Roberta?

Danielle should have taken a hint from Tami and Sophie and chosen the baseball cap wearing type girl!

You gonna play the game you gotta know the rules...and right moves to make!

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Shelbie said:

I totally understand this is petty but every time I see Sidian on screen I want to hold him down and cut his hair. It drives me so crazy I sometimes miss the idiotic things he says.

Can you also give him a shampoo?

2 hours ago, princelina said:

I remember Tosha's mom saying something about her "leaving home" when she was 15 - which seems weird to me.  She was happy to move in with the other wife, she's happy to mother his kids - maybe she just has some unmet "family" needs and enjoys being surrounded by people now.

She hasn't given him kids, but he seems to want kids with Alexandra--or at least her not seeming to want them seems to present a problem for him

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Shelbie said:

The men are all dreadful and why any woman would want to be in their life and share them is beyond me.

I totally understand this is petty but every time I see Sidian on screen I want to hold him down and cut his hair. It drives me so crazy I sometimes miss the idiotic things he says.

I don’t even mind Sid’s style so much as the greasy grossness!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, Twopper said:

Speaking of Dannielle, she needs to lose Garrick.   He obviously seems to not care for her at all, but I think he needs her to hang around to feed his massive ego that he is some sort of patriarch. 

4 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

To me, he used God/The Bible wants me to be polygamist as a way to dump the wife he no longer wants.  However, within his religion he didn't feel like he could actually leave her.  That would make him the bad guy in the situation.  Meanwhile, he treats her like crap.  If she leaves, he can claim she was not able to conform to God's will.  Ugh.  There is a real battle for the worst this season. 

@Twopper I don’t think it’s ego. I think it’s money.

I figure Garold (or whatever) was just not into Danielle any more, and was thinking it was time to divorce her and find someone else.  

I think they run a business together and he probably did the math and realized it’s cheaper to keep her so he devised this polygamy scheme.  He wants to be divorced and moving on with Bert only, but he’d have to split his assets… so he tricks Danielle into actually divorcing him and then sticking around.

What a fucker.  

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Useful 3
  • Love 16

Well, to throw my two cents in... I thought Garrick was wearing a long-line sports bra that would have to be Dannielle's.  She doesn't get to keep her dignity, why would she get to keep her clothes?

Every time Sidian (that Tool) says AlexOHNdra after the woman herself said AlexANdra made him seem even more pretentious and a bigger tool.  I don't know how this is possible.

Well, I guess it's possible in the same way that Jarod got dumber every time he opened his mouth.  How low does this bar go, people?  Isn't there a point where they can't get stupider, and they can't be more of a tool because they have reached rock bottom?  

And I am agreeing with the smart poster from a week or two ago who suggested that Kimberly's look is producer-driven.  I felt like she seemed much more put-together over Zoom or whatever they used earlier.  And then they had her play up what a country bumpkin she is, as if there isn't Thai food in NC.   Are we to believe she has never left her home in the mountains that don't exist?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
51 minutes ago, Bad Example said:

And I am agreeing with the smart poster from a week or two ago who suggested that Kimberly's look is producer-driven.  I felt like she seemed much more put-together over Zoom or whatever they used earlier.  And then they had her play up what a country bumpkin she is, as if there isn't Thai food in NC.   Are we to believe she has never left her home in the mountains that don't exist?

I agree, and that was me that mentioned it last week. It's all a bit too much. Those of us who live in rural area, small towns, etc, do not wear the same clothes we might wear do to work around the farm to a "date", such as it is. Also those clothes are not necessarily plaid, way too tight, and ugly.

I also agree that she's playing up the whole thing again this week with the way she acted about the Thai food. For pete's sake - this is not some crazy exotic thing she's had no opportunity to try before. 

Full disclosure, I DO have a ball cap I wear when I bale hay, but it is STYLIN', ya'll!!! Pink snakeskin!!! 😍

Kimberley and producers, we are on to you. We know you've been to "the big town" in your area before, because all us country girls have to go do some shopping at Tractor Supply Company once in awhile. 🤣

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, endure said:

Things are pretty bad when the farmin' pharmacist is the best guy on the show, hands down! 

5 hours ago, princelina said:

The farmin' banjo-playin' pharmacist!😃

Eh...to each his own I guess, but in my opinion none of these things are bad.

Pharmacists earn a very nice living, and it's honest work.

Farming is honest work as well, and without farming, no one in the cities will have anything to eat.

Playing a musical instrument seems like a nice hobby to me. It takes brains, practice, and patience.

I like Colton. I think he's the only interesting, intelligent man on this show, and is definitely the only one I'd want to have a conversation with. I don't look down on farming at all, and I would love to pick his brain about every detail of his farm - tractors, animals the whole bit. I can't wait to see it next week.

• Love 13

I made the mistake of rewatching tonight. Garrick’s little black tank top (which I now believe to be one of Dannnielle’s tankini tops) would look stunning with a string of pearls. Accessorizing is so important.

He is a clueless tool. Dannnielle felt completely humiliated, knowing that the entire time she was in bed with Garrick and Roberta, all he could think about was schtupping the Not BrazIlian Bombshell and couldn’t wait for his now ex-wife to leave the room. He seemed to be seething when they talked about it upon their return home. And he’s as mad as a hornet about Dannnielle not following through, because “they are other people involved now.” My guess? He’s bragged to all his bros that he’s going to be having sanctioned sex with multiple women and he’s going to look very foolish when she backs out. He reeks of desperation.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

When Garrick said “we just can’t turn around and stop this”

YES! Yes you could!  Danielle is obviously not cut out for this polygamy lifestyle. But, Garrick can’t stand Danielle ( he prolly hopes she’ll leave) 

garrick is just a cheater, looking to get some strange thru using God & polygamy 

RUN DANIELLE RUN you deserve  so much better than this thoughtless mouth breathing  punkazz turd 

• Love 20
7 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

Farming is honest work as well, and without farming, no one in the cities will have anything to eat.

Playing a musical instrument seems like a nice hobby to me. It takes brains, practice, and patience.

I like Colton. I think he's the only interesting, intelligent man on this show, and is definitely the only one I'd want to have a conversation with. I don't look down on farming at all, and I would love to pick his brain about every detail of his farm - tractors, animals the whole bit. I can't wait to see it next week.

Honestly it was said in fun and snark, it represented the entire show and no where did I say my opinion about pharmacists or farmers.  I worked in a hospital pharmacy and loved it and would probably enjoy working with Colton fyi.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Bad Example said:

Well, to throw my two cents in... I thought Garrick was wearing a long-line sports bra that would have to be Dannielle's.  She doesn't get to keep her dignity, why would she get to keep her clothes?

Every time Sidian (that Tool) says AlexOHNdra after the woman herself said AlexANdra made him seem even more pretentious and a bigger tool.  I don't know how this is possible.

Well, I guess it's possible in the same way that Jarod got dumber every time he opened his mouth.  How low does this bar go, people?  Isn't there a point where they can't get stupider, and they can't be more of a tool because they have reached rock bottom?  

Well I have to admit I have never had Thai food and if I had been in her place I would have asked what is this. I am aware of it and know it is spicy just have never eaten any. I found it mildly amusing that the blandest, most white bread ( I use this term because thats how I think of myself) family on the show likes very spicy food.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Well I have to admit I have never had Thai food and if I had been in her place I would have asked what is this. I am aware of it and know it is spicy just have never eaten any. I found it mildly amusing that the blandest, most white bread ( I use this term because thats how I think of myself) family on the show likes very spicy food.

For what it's worth, I have very, very low tolerance for anything spicy, and there is plenty of Thai food that is totally accessible!  If you avoid spicy, seek out some Pad Thai to start with.  And most places even do some curries that are flavorful without that killer heat.  If you cook, look for a recipe for Tom Ka Gai soup, and go light on the curry paste.  SO good!  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I don’t think she liked the Thai food, she seemed to be pushing it around the plate.

I’m not into Thai myself, but not because of spicy-ness, I love spice!!  I just don’t love the flavors.

• Useful 1

I would love it if Alexandra's parting shot to Sidian (when she tells him that she's not interested in joining their creepy threesome) is something like, "By the way, my name is AlexANdra, not AlexOHNdra, you pretentious tool..." 

• LOL 12
  • Love 3

I want to punch Garrick in the face every time I see him on the screen. Yes, dipshit, you can just end it now. Tell non-bombshell Bert you guys changed your mind and she can find another sucker. He couldn't give Danielle a hug when she was sitting there crying? What a jerk. If I were Danielle I would be making some phone calls. First, to a really good divorce lawyer. Second to the court to say Garrick lied on the divorce papers and in court. And third, to immigration to say that everything on the K-1 visa was a lie and to withdraw it. 

I hate Garrick but I hate Bert just as much. She is a snake, a homewrecker, and not that attractive! She knew exactly what she was doing when she told Danielle they had sex. And when she gave Garrick she would have to leave if Danielle didn't get her jealously under control. She plays up being the caring and concerned sister wife but she is just a snake.

• Love 14
On 5/17/2021 at 6:07 PM, Sasha888 said:

Brainiac Vanessa is looking for someone to "embetter" her. 🙄

Emily seems to be interested in Vanessa and not the King. Personally, I think it was those rockin' pants Vanessa was wearing when she brought those drinks out to the garage last week....

In my entire 60 years I have never heard the word 'embetter', thought she made it up, but nope, googled it and it really is a word! But then again, I have never been a Queen to any man, so she just knows way more than I do. Those pants, there just are are no bloody words for them!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, mittsigirl said:
On 5/17/2021 at 7:07 PM, Sasha888 said:

Brainiac Vanessa is looking for someone to "embetter" her. 🙄

Emily seems to be interested in Vanessa and not the King. Personally, I think it was those rockin' pants Vanessa was wearing when she brought those drinks out to the garage last week....

In my entire 60 years I have never heard the word 'embetter', thought she made it up, but nope, googled it and it really is a word! But then again, I have never been a Queen to any man, so she just knows way more than I do. Those pants, there just are are no bloody words for them!

Interesting! I looked it up on Dictionary.com and it told me it was not a word. It also suggested "maybe you mean EMBITTER" which I thought was really more appropriate! 

I guess Dictionary.com has failed me.

• LOL 5
On 5/17/2021 at 6:58 PM, Sasha888 said:

What the hell kind of halter top is Garlic wearing? 😆

I had to pause and stare at the damn thing! He looked very womanly wearing it! Between the Queen's scary ugly leggings and Garrick's girl top, TLC needs to send in some stylists! Or maybe they did, and they dislike them so much that this is what they picked out for them to wear, just for us snarkers!

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

How is it that the Snowdens aren't on & this is still the most disgusting hour of TV this week?

The guys on Vanderpump Rules were wearing Garrick's tank top a few years ago. I didn't get it then, either.

I agree with whoever said it's hard to know who to hate most. Whoever's on screen always seems the absolute worst. Except Colton & like so many of you, that surprises me. Who thought he'd be the break-out star?

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I have also never had Thai food. If anyone in my town wants Chinese, Thai, Mexican, Italian, any food beyond what we can get at the burger joints, we have to drive 4 hours away to get something different. I could just follow recipes and try making my own, but there would probably be a lack of the right ingredients in the grocery store here. Then how would I know if it turned out right if I had never tasted the real thing before? I know what's out there, just don't live in a place that has any. There are great things about living in a small town, but lots of things that I don't like, like having different foods to try. And if it wasn't for being able to shop at Amazon, I would be even worse off in this modern world!

• Love 4
4 hours ago, BravoAddict72 said:

Second to the court to say Garrick lied on the divorce papers and in court.

But she lied, too, when she swore under oath that her marriage was "broken beyond repair." 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, TakeAPinotGrigio said:

How is it that the Snowdens aren't on & this is still the most disgusting hour of TV this week?

The guys on Vanderpump Rules were wearing Garrick's tank top a few years ago. I didn't get it then, either.

I agree with whoever said it's hard to know who to hate most. Whoever's on screen always seems the absolute worst. Except Colton & like so many of you, that surprises me. Who thought he'd be the break-out star?

Soon women will be seeking out how to become a Winder sister wife!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I was HERE for the King's face when his next victim said, without hesitation or concern, that she IS bisexual. Having that conversation with a straight man who wants lots of partners can go one of two ways: 1) exaggerated hope that he's found a unicorn to share with his partner, or 2) jealousy that a woman might know what she likes and that he may not be it. I thought the lady (forget her name) handled it quite well, asserting that she was exploring the issue because she was interested in it, not that she thought a first date was an appropriate setting to commit to a life of drudgery for the king and queen's kids and microwave.

Not everyone wants to be a housemaid, king/queen whoever you are, and those that do deserve a living wage. And health benefits. And extra for if they watch your (that's right, YOUR, not their or anyone else's) kids.

• Love 11
(edited)

Grrrrrr...Garrick is such a slime ball .  He and his wife sitting on the bed talking....his wife is visibly upset.  She is feeling like a third wheel.  Garrick just sits there, makes no move to comfort her, or take her in his arms.  He just wants to justify his and Bert's secret tryst.   What a pig.  He says,  

"God hasn't yet delivered Dannielle from her jealousy ".    GEE, YA THINK??  insensitive ass#&$@

😡

And Mr. "King"  has to have all his wives focus on him and only him only in his "kingdom".   I don't know whether to laugh or barf. (  🙄.

(Sorry guys...i see I just reiterated what you all said earlier....guess I should read comments first.  I was just so pissed I wanted to vent right away)

Edited by suev3333
  • Love 12
On 5/17/2021 at 8:58 PM, Sasha888 said:

What the hell kind of halter top is Garlic wearing? 😆

Lmao😂.   I noticed that too!  I was hoping someone would mention that!  It looks like a ladies tank.  He is just so........slimy is the word that comes to mind

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, suev3333 said:

Grrrrrr...Garrick is such a slime ball .  He and his wife sitting on the bed talking....his wife is visibly upset.  She is feeling like a third wheel.  Garrick just sits there, makes no move to comfort her, or take her in his arms.  He just wants to justify his and Bert's secret tryst.   What a pig.  He says,  

"God hasn't yet delivered Dannielle from her jealousy ".    GEE, YA THINK??  insensitive ass#&$@

😡

And Mr. "King"  has to have all his wives focus on him and only him only in his "kingdom".   I don't know whether to laugh or barf. (  🙄.

(Sorry guys...i see I just reiterated what you all said earlier....guess I should read comments first.  I was just so pissed I wanted to vent right away)

We are here for your venting pleasure!  

I think you're missing just how sad poor, sweet Garrick was to be apart from Roberta.  We should all feel sad for his loss of being able to bone her as he wishes.  

Reaction GIF

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

So many issues with Garrick's appalling behavior, so little time.... #1 -  I too did a double take when Garrick had the audacity to blame Dannielle's jealously on God.  I'm sorry, I know my Bible pretty well, but I just don't remember anything about God promising to remove wives' jealousy so their husbands can treat them like shit and fuck around without having to deal with all those annoying tears and nagging.  This really goes to the heart of why this "lifestyle" bothers me so much, I think, because so many of the men act like being a polygamist gives me them a free pass to act without regard to others' feelings, and when their "wives" are understandably miserable, it's their wives' fault, God's fault... basically, anybody's fault but theirs.  I see this with Kody on Sister Wives ALL THE TIME  - and it drives me crazy.  He treats everyone but Robyn like they're nothing more than a nuisance to him, and then he gets pissed off because they're so unhappy.  To have something that even comes close to fostering an emotionally healthy situation for multiple wives, the husband has to be committed to putting in the time and hard work necessary for each wife to feel special and important.  This requires discipline, thoughtfulness, and above all, putting your wives' needs ahead of your own - but unfortunately, this lifestyle seems to mostly attract men who are arrogant, self-centered, and willfully oblivious to anyone other than themselves.  And yes, Garrick, that means you.

#2 - Garrick: "Because, we decided together to live this way, and so, we've got other people involved, and we can't just say we're not going to do this any more." Dear Garrick, that is total bullshit.  You absolutely CAN decide this is not working out in a healthy way - and in that case, calling things off before there's an international move/marriage/baby would be better for everyone involved.  So quit sniveling and slobbering over Bert and just own it!  If YOU decided YOU didn't want to move forward any more, I guarantee it would be over.  So it's not that you're now committed to seeing this through because of "other people;"  you WANT to keep banging Bert.  Period.  End of story.

#3 - Something seems off about the way Dannielle's mom and sister in law are reacting to all this.  All of the questions they direct at Dannielle reflect more of a morbid curiosity, as opposed to the outrage I'd have expected.  If I were in Dannielle's position, my family certainly would not just placidly sit back and watch the train wreck... no way in hell.

Re: Howdy Doody and Fam, I have a question and perhaps one of you can offer some insight.  I've been wondering why they don't look within their faith community for a potential sister wife, as that seems the most common way for families who live polygamy for religious reasons to go about meeting potential wives?  It seems like their chances of finding someone online who also shares their religious beliefs, meshes with their family, etc, are infinitesimal, and that it would be much more likely to meet someone compatible in person through their church/social network. 

• Love 13

I suspect Danielle 's mother and sister have told her a million times now bad of an idea this all is.

She won't listen so now they are there just to watch the shit storm they predicted!

• Love 14
On 5/18/2021 at 11:42 PM, Bad Example said:

Keep watching and I bet you'll find out 😄

21 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

I don't think they are bad either - I only mentioned the banjo because people were laughing about it a few weeks ago.  But all three of those things, while fine in themselves, do not make for interesting reality TV.  Which is why the Winders seem like normal, if dull, polygamists, while we hate the other ones so bad 😁.  For example - I'm perfectly happy with my life, and enjoy it, but I don't fool myself that anyone would want to watch us on TV!

31 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I suspect Danielle 's mother and sister have told her a million times now bad of an idea this all is.

She won't listen so now they are there just to watch the shit storm they predicted!

I think they've definitely told her in private, but don't want to look mean on TV.

• Love 9
39 minutes ago, princelina said:

Which is why the Winders seem like normal, if dull, polygamists, while we hate the other ones so bad 😁.  For example - I'm perfectly happy with my life, and enjoy it, but I don't fool myself that anyone would want to watch us on TV!

I agree - If they weren't polygamists, no one would put them on a show. Too normal, too nice. So many people on these shows try so hard to be bizarre that I enjoy watching some boring, though!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 5/20/2021 at 12:40 AM, Sasha888 said:

I agree - If they weren't polygamists, no one would put them on a show. Too normal, too nice. So many people on these shows try so hard to be bizarre that I enjoy watching some boring, though!

Right! The Winders' normal boringness, funnily enough, is why I like their scenes best. They're such a relief. I know if we got to know them better we'd find out they had all sorts of abhorrent beliefs, but in my fantasy, they're just the nice, quiet people I see on TV & they're the perfect antidote to the rest of the show's poison (which I watch with relish, but I also enjoy voicing my outrage. Oh, TLC, you own me)

Edited by TakeAPinotGrigio
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

Great posts on this episode and I agree with almost all.  
I find Garrick to be disgusting and I think Roberta is totally complicit and equally deserving of our disgust.  
I find Jerrod and Vanessa to be disgusting as well.    
These 2 couples have their own narrative and they refuse to deviate, regardless of what anybody tells them, including each other.   
Sidian has his own religion, so I consider him a con man.   
I know the Winders have a lot of support, a lot of which comes simply because they seem so much better than the other couples at the moment.  Right now I am disgruntled because NOW, after what seemed like a decent period of online courting, they have the talk about religion and NOW Kimberly gets all teary eyed about the thought of changing religions?  Shouldn’t that be one of the very first obstacles to conquer in the courting?  Now I call BS.

• Love 8
On 5/18/2021 at 6:02 PM, endure said:

Things are pretty bad when the farmin' pharmacist is the best guy on the show, hands down! 

Would he describe himself as a farmacist?

• LOL 10