Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E11: Teresa in Love

• Start Topic

On 4/29/2021 at 4:26 PM, chediavolo said:

WTF ?! How old is Jennifers mother? She would probably be in her 60s? And Jennifer says that she’s getting old and starts falling asleep while driving two hours to see her? Well guess what Jennifer, that’s not old age.  you better get your mother to a doctor to be checked because she’s way too young to be falling asleep in the car while driving a couple of hours. 

I was curious about this, too.  I did a little exploration and found an article that says she's been married 48 years.  If she was married at 16, that makes her 64.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Dolores survived four-plus seasons on this show minding other people’s business.  She is like a prettier Caroline (and, has anyone seen Caroline lately—she looks like William Forsythe 😄),

Well, I can’t unsee that 🤣

• LOL 4
(edited)

Maybe their houses were paid off years and years ago? Or they were good savers and/or had good retirement plans? Oh, I don’t know. My brain hurts this week because work is insane and stupid (and I wish I could retire!). But here’s what I’m wondering (and it has nothing to do with this)...

Why do so many of the various Housewives (at least here and Beverly Hills) have the very same dress in different colors? It’s a fitted, knee-length, asymmetrical V-neck with little squared off cap sleeves. I’ve seen it on Teresa (purple), Jaqueline (pink), Melissa (red), and Caroline (black), and on Rinna and someone else or other from BH. It’s not hideous (nothing I’d ever wear) but nothing special—and definitely plainer than what Teresa and Melissa usually wear. Why do they all have this? Does Andy Cohen make them wear it?! (And why do I care?!)

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • LOL 3
(edited)

I feel like Delores is in a rock/hard place situation with her relationship. I can see how David would be hesitant to appear on this show because surely it could taint his reputation. Isn’t he an OB/GYN? The clientele is not the same as a plastic surgeon’s. Is it possible he doesn’t want to commit and open his life and marriage to that level of scrutiny? 
And I try not to talk about looks, but this group is looking rough. All of them. Reminds me Karen assessing the mafia wives in Goodfellas. “They had bad skin and wore too much makeup. I mean, they didn't look very good. They looked beat-up.” Too much boob. Too much shine. Ugh, Teresa clomping around bow-legged in those heels like she’s got a load in her pants. 

Edited by RedInk
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Haha, no! Was I being snippy? I didn’t mean to. If I was, I’m sorry (maybe I forgot to “turn it off”; I’ve been leaving most definitely snippy comments in editorial jobs at work all week!)—if I do it again, please feel free to say “is bitch better?” In your reply, haha!

No worries...I can be snarky AND smarmy sometimes. I think 13 months of being quarantined with my husband and son is starting to get to me. I need more me time!

• Love 2
10 hours ago, nosedive said:

I was curious about this, too.  I did a little exploration and found an article that says she's been married 48 years.  If she was married at 16, that makes her 64.  

Not old. Though she looks & acts it. 

9 hours ago, RedInk said:

I feel like Delores is in a rock/hard place situation with her relationship. I can see how David would be hesitant to appear on this show because surely it could taint his reputation. Isn’t he an OB/GYN? The clientele is not the same as a plastic surgeon’s. Is it possible he doesn’t want to commit and open his life and marriage to that level of scrutiny? 
And I try not to talk about looks, but this group is looking rough. All of them. Reminds me Karen assessing the mafia wives in Goodfellas. “They had bad skin and wore too much makeup. I mean, they didn't look very good. They looked beat-up.” Too much boob. Too much shine. Ugh, Teresa clomping around bow-legged in those heels like she’s got a load in her pants. 

Yes Teresa looks terrible. Terrible skin, terrible clothes?😂 classless. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

A-ha! So the separate house thing isn’t seeming so crazy now (I’m just kidding, I swear)!

It sounds fantastic to me. Wish I could afford it. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, sATL said:

I just wish they would explain how, in plain US dollars and cents, how it works and makes good financial sense. Some things might make a little sense in your 40s... but pushing 70s & possible heath issues.. ummm

And how long they have been doing this.. Like I said a last week or so - how do they handle romantic interests - any of the 6 have side squeeze?

To really add to my nosy-ness - I guess it would be enlightening to know just what act or acts started all of this - live separate and close to equal - to make it cool to live apart, but not legally divorce. What did Delores dad become chief and he had to get a house in that jurisdiction and he just stayed? They wanted get a house so the kids/grandkids go to a good school district? I mean you just don't go buy another house b/c someone snores, farts or nags the hell out of you...

Now I can see getting ONE large house/duplex , so you don't have to see each other .... and pray that you can come together on bills like taxes, home owners ins, HOA, etc. But if you can't agree enough to live under the same roof, why  you can all of a sudden agree for one or the other to write a check on a place they don't live in ? 

Just because hubby was a good provider doesn't mean I want his $$ to pay for me to be in a house while he uses the rest of his fortune to lay up with another woman, possibly starting another family and/or running up bills/bad credit/ill-advised investments and we are still married..

Never mind the parents having 2 houses, How do any of these bitches afford the homes they are living in? Maybe the doctors, ok. Even though the homes are disgustingly decorated & way too large & ugly. But the others with their scamming  husbands, bankruptcies etc. Bravo must pay well. Is it out there what these horrible women make? 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, RedInk said:

That movie is everything!! 

I for one was shocked that she found a guy that was willing to be seen with her, her baggage and stupidity is sort of mind numbing and plus she has kids, that is a lot for a guy to take on.  I figure this guy wants his 15 minutes of fame, right, I mean if it is not that then what is his deal?

Delores will be fine no matter what happens to the good doctor, she tends to redo her house when she stresses about her relationship with David and Frank is there to make sure it is done, Delores always wins.

Frank will forever flit around Delores and I do not have a problem with that, the get along because there is nothing at stake.  Also, her dress game is strong and I would love to know where she shops, being home and bored I tend to shop on line and I am not that good of a detective.

• Love 3

Dolores and Frank's current relationship may not work for everyone, but it seems to work for them and both seem happy with it, and nobody seems to be getting hurt because of it.

Could it be holding Dolores back from fully moving on with a new partner? Maybe, maybe not. But for now, both she and Frank are in a happy place with each other, and that's all that matters.

• Love 6
(edited)

The women can gossip about Delores all day long.  The issue isn't the gossip or even their opinions on the matter, it's that they (and Joe Gorga) feel compelled to ram those opinions down her throat.  Telling her that she couldn't possible be happy or OK with the current situation despite her protests to the contrary. It gets old watching it, they've done it at every single opportunity, so I can't imagine how annoying it's been for Delores. So no, I don't blame her for exploding. Joe's lucky she didn't knock him out, And yes, I think she could take him.

Edited by snarts
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
On 4/30/2021 at 12:04 AM, geauxaway said:

Why haven’t they’re ever gone on another trip to Jackie’s Hamptons house?  Is it because it’s a rental?  Which is fine but then don’t act like y’all got there ever my other weekend.  For someone who is SO RICH she acts like a complete prude.  Let me throw a pizza a the floor and cut your hair on the driveway.  Hey Jackie you can spend $20 at sports clips and you won’t go broke.

I totally believe that the money Jackie has is the fraudulent money her parents hid into accounts under Jackie's name. She did not accumulate this wealth by her own hands as a "great business women" and "smart investor" as she claims. Her father went to jail and then both her mom and dad spent time under house arrest.

If she were so great at either why is she writing blog article for the internet, why doesn't she have her own business?

While she likes to brag that she has money, I think she doesn't want to risk an audit or be questioned by the Feds on where those monies originated.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Yes Teresa looks terrible. Terrible skin, terrible clothes?😂 classless. 

Not just her. Melissa uses so much contouring that I think she looks like a mandrill and that Jackie always looks like she put on her makeup three days ago and it has been settling and smudging ever since.  

6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I for one was shocked that she found a guy that was willing to be seen with her, her baggage and stupidity is sort of mind numbing and plus she has kids, that is a lot for a guy to take on.  I figure this guy wants his 15 minutes of fame, right, I mean if it is not that then what is his deal?

I see it differently. Dolores is probably one of the more well-rounded people on the show even when pulling a paycheck where her jobs have included being both a prison guard and and surgical assistant. Yeah, she has what seems to be an unconventional arrangement with her ex-husband but it seems to work for them.  Both of her kids are over 20 and it seems David does not need to "take on" either of them unless he wanted to.  The way this guy skips out of scenes doesn't appear to make him camera hungry either.  If anything it appears that he would rather not be included and is only doing so for her.  Let's face it, she's there mainly to act as a semi voice of reason.  Otherwise, she doesn't have much of a personal story line just as most of us wouldn't have anything must of interest to viewers going on in our own lives.  

4 hours ago, snarts said:

The women can gossip about Delores all day long. 

Melissa, Marge, and Jackie...if they didn't have someone else to focus on they wouldn't have anything. Jackie has zilch if not sparring with Teresa to whom she owes a debt of gratitude for giving her focus this season.  Melissa's well of interest has dried up without friction with Teresa and has been resorting to seemingly fictional subjects. Marge...fought with Siggy, fought with Danielle, and seems reluctant to truly take on Teresa so is now there to sell a book.  They all need to insinuate themselves into someone else's story.  Meanwhile, Teresa always seems to have something going on that doesn't require the others (selling her house, boyfriend, Juicy Joe, etc.), Jennifer has family stuff, quirky kids, etc., and Dolores seems to know her place as a secondary support character.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Delores was addressing the other ladies at Jennifer's Turkish Tea Party.

She was talking about why David made her happy

She said, he doesn't yell, he doesn't HIT, he doesn't cheat and he doesn't scream.

So is she saying Frank used to smack her around?

KjOYAZ.gif

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I totally believe that the money Jackie has is the fraudulent money her parents hid into accounts under Jackie's name. She did not accumulate this wealth by her own hands as a "great business women" and "smart investor" as she claims. Her father went to jail and then both her mom and dad spent time under house arrest.

If she were so great at either why is she writing blog article for the internet, why doesn't she have her own business?

While she likes to brag that she has money, I think she doesn't want to risk an audit or be questioned by the Feds on where those monies originated.

The hampton house is hers.  You can find the rental listing on air bnb, somebody posted it last year.   And it is entirely likely that the place has been occupied by long term renters.  People were getting out of dodge last spring and summer and fleeing NYC and their suburban homes. With people working fully from home, camps closed, swim clubs closed, those who could left for the summer and went long term down the shore or out to the hamptons, lake george, etc because at that point NJ and NY and CT were in sync and didn't require testing/quarantine.  Some went for weeks, some for months.  It was practicqlly impossible to find a rental in the area and with Jackie being beachfront with a pool that place was certainly snapped up.

Even if the her parents wealth was sketchy (and it certainly might have been given what we know), they seem pretty legit now and living within their generous means.  She has investment property and probably pulled down a good salary as a lawyer when she practiced.  Evan is high up in his firm.  They have other investments, we have heard Evan make reference to their kids 529s, and have heard Jackie reference what she and Evan have done together.  And let's not forget she now gets paid for the show, appearances, etc.  

Of all the NJ housewives, the goldschneiders and the Aydins seem legit.  Teresa we know is a fraud, I am suspect of anybody who is a contractor just because in NJ that ENTIRE industry is so damn corrupt, I don't believe you can do that legitimately without crossing some lines somewhere, we know that Frank was disbarred for misuse of escrow funds so he clearly is willing to bend some rules and honestly, I am not sure I understand the Macbeth Collection, something seems not right there.  So a plastic surgeon in an area of the country where a nip and a tuck is as normal as brushing your teeth, and a hedge fund/tech investor living in northern nj mcmansions seem pretty damn normal to me. 

God this episode was boring.  I do not care about Teresa and her new man.  And I totally believe he is in it for the fame and knew exactly who Teresa was, there are way too many red flags from his past.  Granted people could say the same about her so maybe they are a match made in temper hell?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

I caught that too KFB, and wondered the same thing:

200.gif

Right??????

If she isn't referring to Frank then who?

She mentioned leaving Frank when she was 7 months pregnant. So I also wonder what was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Who's a good detective here? Bunny is nosy

giphy.gif

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Delores was addressing the other ladies at Jennifer's Turkish Tea Party.

She was talking about why David made her happy

She said, he doesn't yell, he doesn't HIT, he doesn't cheat and he doesn't scream.

So is she saying Frank used to smack her around?

I initially did a bit of a double take of my own when she said that, but she could very well have just been listing off a list of negative attributes to illustrate her point without necessarily meaning she has experienced all of those things in her own life.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, BrindaWalsh said:

Of all the NJ housewives, the goldschneiders and the Aydins seem legit. 

Jackie said her parents went to prison /house arrest.  How is their money legit?  They were convicted of fraud.  Her husband deals in hedge funds which are under high scrutiny right now.  Jackie is shady as fuck.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

4 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

Jackie said her parents went to prison /house arrest.  How is their money legit?  They were convicted of fraud.  Her husband deals in hedge funds which are under high scrutiny right now.  Jackie is shady as fuck.

I am not assuming that all of their money is her parents money.  They went "away" 20+ years ago.  One can fairly assume that Jackie and Evan have earned a significant amount of money.  Didn't they say in a reunion that Jackie had more at the start of the relationship and then Evan was bringing it in?

There is a lot of the finance world that is under high scrutiny at any point in time.  That doesn't make everybody who works in finance and their spouses shady as fuck when we have seen nothing to support that.  

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, BrindaWalsh said:

I am not assuming that all of their money is her parents money.  They went "away" 20+ years ago.  One can fairly assume that Jackie and Evan have earned a significant amount of money.  Didn't they say in a reunion that Jackie had more at the start of the relationship and then Evan was bringing it in?

There is a lot of the finance world that is under high scrutiny at any point in time.  That doesn't make everybody who works in finance and their spouses shady as fuck when we have seen nothing to support that.  

Evan works in hedge funds that is the MOST shady of all finance.  They are the most notorious of hookers and blow and all that.  There is a reason they make a lot of money really fast.  Google GME.  It’s a disaster right now.

and no.  I really don’t assume that Jackie and Even are rich on their own.  She has never worked as a wage earner.  I do work in the bank and finance world and I cans for certain say 86% of the people here ARE shady as fuck.  Pretty much anyone who wants to make $

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 4/30/2021 at 5:03 PM, sATL said:

I just wish they would explain how, in plain US dollars and cents, how it works and makes good financial sense. Some things might make a little sense in your 40s... but pushing 70s & possible heath issues.. ummm

And how long they have been doing this.. Like I said a last week or so - how do they handle romantic interests - any of the 6 have side squeeze?

To really add to my nosy-ness - I guess it would be enlightening to know just what act or acts started all of this - live separate and close to equal - to make it cool to live apart, but not legally divorce. What did Delores dad become chief and he had to get a house in that jurisdiction and he just stayed? They wanted get a house so the kids/grandkids go to a good school district? I mean you just don't go buy another house b/c someone snores, farts or nags the hell out of you...

Now I can see getting ONE large house/duplex , so you don't have to see each other .... and pray that you can come together on bills like taxes, home owners ins, HOA, etc. But if you can't agree enough to live under the same roof, why  you can all of a sudden agree for one or the other to write a check on a place they don't live in ? 

Just because hubby was a good provider doesn't mean I want his $$ to pay for me to be in a house while he uses the rest of his fortune to lay up with another woman, possibly starting another family and/or running up bills/bad credit/ill-advised investments and we are still married..

I think you are over thinking this. 

Jackie’s family has enough money for multiple houses for everyone. I would imagine the father has had relationships through the years.  Maybe the mother has but I wouldn’t be surprised if she didn’t because a lot of women of a certain age really have no desire to have to deal with relationship.  They aren’t lonely;  they have friends, families and rich lives filled with activities. Many women in my mother’s circle would mourn their husbands if they died but have no particular interest in being married again and living with someone.  My mother has actually expressed that sentiment so it’s not a great leap to being perfectly content to have separate houses but remain married.  Maybe they don’t want to deal with splitting the assets legally  

Dolores’ father was rumored to have women when he was living in Patterson. I don’t think her mother is particularly concerned about her sex life or his at this point. For all intents and purposes, she seems like a happy widow  

Edited by amarante
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, ichbin said:

I see it differently. Dolores is probably one of the more well-rounded people on the show even when pulling a paycheck where her jobs have included being both a prison guard and and surgical assistant. Yeah, she has what seems to be an unconventional arrangement with her ex-husband but it seems to work for them.  Both of her kids are over 20 and it seems David does not need to "take on" either of them unless he wanted to.  The way this guy skips out of scenes doesn't appear to make him camera hungry either.  If anything it appears that he would rather not be included and is only doing so for her.  Let's face it, she's there mainly to act as a semi voice of reason.  Otherwise, she doesn't have much of a personal story line just as most of us wouldn't have anything must of interest to viewers going on in our own lives.  

I was referring to Teresa, I have not doubt Delores could have many suitors we would not question.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, amarante said:

Dolores’ father was rumored to have women when he was living in Patterson. I don’t think her mother is particularly concerned about her sex life or his at this point. For all intents and purposes, she seems like a happy widow

Yes!

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I was referring to Teresa, I have not doubt Delores could have many suitors we would not question.

I guess I was mistaken because both your post and the quote to which you replied only mentioned Dolores by name with no direct reference to Teresa except her heels.

Edited by ichbin
finish sentence
(edited)
12 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Who's a good detective here? Bunny is nosy

giphy.gif

Count me in on hiring the detective...Bonus if a certified financial planner

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Evan works in hedge funds that is the MOST shady of all finance.  They are the most notorious of hookers and blow and all that.  There is a reason they make a lot of money really fast.  Google GME.  It’s a disaster right now.

and no.  I really don’t assume that Jackie and Even are rich on their own.  She has never worked as a wage earner.  I do work in the bank and finance world and I cans for certain say 86% of the people here ARE shady as fuck.  Pretty much anyone who wants to make $

Has it ever been stated that Evan works in hedge funds? I know it's been brought up about him working in finance, by Jackie herself, but I thought possibly he worked for a company like Citicorp or something along the lines of that. Just curious if I had missed something. 

On 4/29/2021 at 4:04 PM, TexasGal said:

My parents are actually doing this.  They are both retired and my mom had a state job so her benefits cover my dad too.  If they got divorced he'd lose them so they just live apart.  So she doesn't kill him.  Good times.

That totally makes sense. But these people—well Jackie and Delores not so much Jennifer—are acting like their parents are all happily married and just happen to live apart. In my opinion, not many happily married older people (like 60+) would want to live separately. But, then again, you know what they say about opinions.. 

On 4/29/2021 at 5:44 PM, amarante said:

Jennifer’s father lives with her so there aren’t two houses. 

Jackie’s family has lots of money as Jackie inherited money so they hav3 plenty to support more than two houses if they want. 

Dolores’s parents have been separated for years. I think the father lived  town where he was a police officer even when she was a child. Dolores’s mother’s house seems very modest. Is her father even alive. She never mentions him. 

She’s mentioned her dad a number of times and he appeared with her on the show either last season or the one prior. 

On 4/30/2021 at 12:04 AM, geauxaway said:

Why haven’t they’re ever gone on another trip to Jackie’s Hamptons house?  Is it because it’s a rental?  Which is fine but then don’t act like y’all got there ever my other weekend.  For someone who is SO RICH she acts like a complete prude.  Let me throw a pizza a the floor and cut your hair on the driveway.  Hey Jackie you can spend $20 at sports clips and you won’t go broke.

How do you think the uber rich stay rich? Truly wealthy people (not upper middle class, I mean rich-rich) are some of the most frugal people you’ll ever meet. 

I think her kids are adorable and Evan is hot as fuck. No ragamuffins in sight. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, zengirl1215 said:

Has it ever been stated that Evan works in hedge funds? I know it's been brought up about him working in finance, by Jackie herself, but I thought possibly he worked for a company like Citicorp or something along the lines of that. Just curious if I had missed something. 

You know what?  Maybe I made up the hedge funds thing in my head.  It’s very possible lol.  

• LOL 2

Evan is a partner at Hawthorne Lane Capital - it's not really a hedge fund per se. I would imagine his income is at least $1 million per year.

Finance and hedge funds aren't necessarily shady. Not everyone is Bernie Madoff or running penny stock back room operations. It is cutthroat obviously but I doubt he is going to show up doing a perp walk and they obviously have the jobs and income to support their current lifestyle as opposed to Teresa and the Gorgas. Nothing I have ever seen about Joe Gorga or his businesses convinces me that he makes any amount of money other than the money from the show AND whatever money he and Mellissa make as "influencers".

They are paid huge amounts of money for their promotional services - if and when they lose their moment of fame their income will collapse as well. 

• Love 6
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

That totally makes sense. But these people—well Jackie and Delores not so much Jennifer—are acting like their parents are all happily married and just happen to live apart. In my opinion, not many happily married older people (like 60+) would want to live separately. But, then again, you know what they say about opinions.. 

She’s mentioned her dad a number of times and he appeared with her on the show either last season or the one prior. 

How do you think the uber rich stay rich? Truly wealthy people (not upper middle class, I mean rich-rich) are some of the most frugal people you’ll ever meet. 

I think her kids are adorable and Evan is hot as fuck. No ragamuffins in sight. 

I don't think they are pretending the parents are happily married. They are stating the reality that the parents are content with the present arrangement and they seem to have no desire to either live together or get formally divorced. I don't think that is that odd actually. 

While not all extremely wealthy people hide their wealth, there are in fact many extremely wealthy people who are the proverbial millionaires next door - or actually in today's economic world, the multi-millionaires next door because having a million or even two million isn't really that rich. It's just comfortable. My best friend is a multi-millionaire and she lives very much like Jackie. If anything her life style is even more modest because a lot of flaunting wealth takes work :-). But if you examine her lifestyle, you realize how much wealth it takes to support it - kids all in private school with no worries about any kind of college or grad school costs; kids all have houses and/or expensive apartments; lots of travel and large comfortable house in one of the most expensive areas in my city as well as buying the house next door when it came on the market because they didn't want to deal with having construction and a McMansion built next to them.

Edited by amarante
12 hours ago, geauxaway said:

There is something in the Jackie narrative that just doesn't ring true.

She said she was a lawyer and when they married she stopped working to be a full time stay at home mom.

She was a real estate lawyer who supposedly practiced for 7 years. While I can see her not wanting to work because she wanted to be home with the kids - I don't see why she wouldn't go back to working as a real estate lawyer as the kids got older - even part time.

I never got the impression that she went through all that effort and schooling because she was pressured by her parents. She would have had to get her bachelors degree and then complete a 3 year graduate program, and pass the bar. All that money and time spent to give it up to write internet articles about spoiled obese children and appearing on a reality show instead of going back to work part time as a lawyer.

I think she got her degree and worked as a real estate lawyer just enough to transfer the assets they hid from the government from her fraudster parents into her name. I also think this is what Evan was attracted to.

While I think Evan makes a good salary, I think what funds their lifestyle is that pile of stolen money,

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, zengirl1215 said:

Evan's Linkedin 

Little Frankie has also started a career in finance.

Not everyone who works in finance is corrupt. It's also unfair, imho, to paint/judge Jackie (& Evan) based on the sins of her parents.  Judge her on her choice of hair extensions instead :)

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

There is something in the Jackie narrative that just doesn't ring true.

She said she was a lawyer and when they married she stopped working to be a full time stay at home mom.

She was a real estate lawyer who supposedly practiced for 7 years. While I can see her not wanting to work because she wanted to be home with the kids - I don't see why she wouldn't go back to working as a real estate lawyer as the kids got older - even part time.

I never got the impression that she went through all that effort and schooling because she was pressured by her parents. She would have had to get her bachelors degree and then complete a 3 year graduate program, and pass the bar. All that money and time spent to give it up to write internet articles about spoiled obese children and appearing on a reality show instead of going back to work part time as a lawyer.

I think she got her degree and worked as a real estate lawyer just enough to transfer the assets they hid from the government from her fraudster parents into her name. I also think this is what Evan was attracted to.

While I think Evan makes a good salary, I think what funds their lifestyle is that pile of stolen money,

Actually many woman with degrees and professional credentials stop working if there is really no financial need to do so. I have many friends with JD's or MBA's who decided to be stay at home mothers because there was absolutely no financial reason for them to work and they wanted to have lots of time with their children. Even with lots of money for household help and nannies, running a household PLUS having a career that brings in major money is extremely taxing. And you then feel torn because you aren't there for a lot of parenting stuff. Not that it's easier if you don't have money but I am just discussing why people who don't have financial need to work choose to stop working.

Honestly most people I know - even those with professional degrees like me - work because we need the money. Honestly the only people I know personally who continued working without financial need to do so were a few college professors. Job was very satisfying; hours were good and there really isn't much stress once you are tenured and have been at the same institution for a number of years.

If I were married to someone who is probably bringing in more than $1 million per year plus I had significant assets why would I want to deal with difficult clients and boring real estate transactions for $150,000 or so annually. 

Edited by amarante
  • Love 5

Yep - I know a woman who is a physician who was thrilled to finally become a mom and could not wait to stay home with her baby. Her husband is a doctor, too. They can afford that. She told me she did not like being a doctor but spent so much time and money on the degree she felt like she had to do it. Motherhood gave her an out (plus genuinely wanted to stay home with her baby). A lawyer friend said stay-at-home mom is her dream job but she has to pay the bills. lol

• Love 1
(edited)
13 minutes ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Yep - I know a woman who is a physician who was thrilled to finally become a mom and could not wait to stay home with her baby. Her husband is a doctor, too. They can afford that. She told me she did not like being a doctor but spent so much time and money on the degree she felt like she had to do it. Motherhood gave her an out (plus genuinely wanted to stay home with her baby). A lawyer friend said stay-at-home mom is her dream job but she has to pay the bills. lol

My friends and I joked that our mothers gave us the wrong advice - We were supposed to marry lawyers and not become lawyers :-).

Just kidding. I don't regret getting the degree but it is a really common phenomenon that many professional women married to high earners drop out of the work force. 

I have a friend with a JD degree who has an extremely large trust fund and she doesn't work. She has taken jobs that are satisfying to her and works on a lot of causes now. But realistically why should she put up with the crap that almost every job has when she has better more fulfilling ways to spend time other than making more money for a corporation.

Edited by amarante
  • Love 2
(edited)

Sounds like some women get degrees in law and medicine not because they enjoy those fields of work, but as a way to hedge bets until they either marry rich and/or a trust fund kicks in...

Edited by Hiyo
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Sounds like some women get degrees in law and medicine not because they enjoy those fields of work, but as a way to hedge bets until they either marry rich and/or a trust fund kicks in...

I don’t think they do it consciously but reality sets in and then they realize it is extremely hard to combine a high powered career and family life - so why do it if you don’t need the money. 

• Love 4
(edited)
18 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Or in Jackie's case - get a law degree just to learn how to structure the fraudster parents monies. She made Evan sign a pre-nup - so the stolen monies weren't an inheritance. She certainly didn't make all that dough being a real estate lawyer.

Those kids aren't wee toddlers now. So I guess she wants continue to stay home to dispense haircuts in the driveway and decide how many bundles to velcro onto her head each day

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
(edited)

Margaret is gross, talking about sleeping with Joe when they were married. 
She banged her boss, she sleeps with married men....she’s kind of a pig. 
Teresa’s love life isn’t of interest to me and Joe going on about it is typical. That butt kissing stuff was gross. 
Delores was right to yell at the others. She doesn’t owe anyone an explanation. David hasn’t come across great on camera but he must be okay off camera if she’s  happy. 
Jackie s boring now that the cheating stuff isn’t being discussed.

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Margaret is gross, talking about sleeping with Joe when they were married. 
She banged her boss, she sleeps with married men....she’s kind of a pig. 
Teresa’s love life isn’t of interest to me and Joe going on about it is typical. That butt kissing stuff was gross. 
Delores was right to yell at the others. She doesn’t owe anyone an explanation. David hasn’t come across great on camera but he must be okay off camera ifsjes happy. 
Jackie s boring now that the cheating stuff isn’t being discussed.

In an effort to keep her (what the heck do the Jersey wives hold, Jersey Corn? - (NY is an apple, BH is a diamond, ATL is a peach) she will write an internet blog about horny divorcees and their pineapple peach pussies....then claim she isn't talking about Teresa. Then, she'll dispense an analogy involving Milania and heroin

• LOL 7

Has Teresa had an accident resulting in physical trauma? Why does she walk like she’s had back surgery? Her legs are seriously bowed. Is some childhood condition, maybe worsening as she ages?  She looks like walking is very painful for her. 

• Love 1
On 4/30/2021 at 5:03 PM, sATL said:

In terms of the specific couples, Jen's parents have started living alone very recently. Dolores' father had a separate home in Patterson from the time he was working as a police officer. It appears that Jackie's parents have been living apart for at least a decade since Jackie mentioned it as being something they had been doing for awhile and the family had evolved around the separate living.

Many married people stay together ONLY because of finances because they can't afford two households. However, for the three Jersey parent, finances are irrelevant so why shouldn't they have two separate residences. People often have two separate homes - one being a vacation home and it isn't considered to be odd or outside the financial abilities of a moderately prosperous couple. 

At any rate Jackie's parents are wealthy and can afford whatever the fuck they want.

Dolores' parents set themselves up years ago and judging by her mother's home, they live fairly modestly. It doesn't seem as though upkeep on the houses would be that much more so it's not more expensive than just living in one house. Everything else would be the same more or less - Dolores would have the same pension benefits and Social Security benefits as though they lived together. Dolores' father was unfaithful all during their marriage. I doubt whether Dolores' mother particularly wants a male relationship either or to live with someone. 

I would imagine Jackie's father has had lady friends during the years. Her mother may or may not. At least in my parents' circle, the "single" men generally do find new girlfriends but most of the women - BY CHOICE - are happy to live the single live and aren't actively looking for a new relationship. Maybe it's because there are fewer benefits to being the female in a relationship although I am probably stereotyping because they wind up pulling more of their weight in turns of running the household and being a caretaker. They have their kids; their friends and the freedom to do exactly what they want. If money is not an issue, most of them thrive being single and "retired".

Jen's parents don't have separate homes and I suspect that they are probably subsidized by the family whether in one home or living in Jen's home.

• Love 2
(edited)

“I would imagine Jackie's father has had lady friends during the years. Her mother may or may not.”

The way that was worded I thought for a split second Jackie’s mom was bi, which made Jakie 67.4% more interesting to me for a split second. But only for a split second.

Edited by Hiyo
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 5/1/2021 at 9:42 PM, ichbin said:

I initially did a bit of a double take of my own when she said that, but she could very well have just been listing off a list of negative attributes to illustrate her point without necessarily meaning she has experienced all of those things in her own life.  

We'll have to agree to disagree...I think she was hit in a past relationship, I'm just not sure if it was Frank.

If Delores were to say He isn't a serial rapist and he isn't a thief.....I'd think she was talking about someone in her past

• Useful 3