Type keyword(s) to search

Kody Brown: Part-Time Father

• Start Topic

I can't figure out which room is Kody & Robyn's! Is theirs the one with the massive dark brown bed (with random stone pedestals on the corners?) or is it the room with the silver-washed furniture and the Painting With a Twist art collection? 

I also noticed the giant dollhouse in Ariella's room. That thing was a source of a whole lot of tension between the OG Brown kids and Robyn's kids before Kody and Robyn were even married.

7 minutes ago, Orcinus orca said:

Any idea what is around the base of the toilet?

That's a Squatty Potty. Apparently it promotes better hip position for healthier pooping. I believe it was on Shark Tank years ago. They're available on Amazon now.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)

What's with the pea green garage and the chairs along the wall?

I wonder why they are selling.  Ten to one, they never pay Meri and Janelle back for the $ they fronted them, to buy that (IMO) ugly house.

Robyn and Kody have very questionable taste.  How much will they have to come down from the exorbitant price tag?  

Where will they move?  Wouldn't Utah be just like them, after Christine wanted so much to go back there, Kody pretended to agree, and then totally humiliated her in that family meeting?  

Edited by precious pupp
to delete multiple posts due to a slow site
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1

There was a photo, now removed from Zillow, that showed the basement/garage (?) with boxes and large items stacked floor to ceiling.  So they got some advice on staging for selling, but stopped short of "remove all personal items to make the decor neutral".  

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
(edited)
10 hours ago, precious pupp said:

Where will they move?  Wouldn't Utah be just like them, after Christine wanted so much to go back there, Kody pretended to agree, and then totally humiliated her in that family meeting?  

I think it would be hilarious if Robyn rilly, rilly wanted to move back to Utah but on principal, Kody refuses to do so because of the crap he gave Christine for wanting to move back there and of course, she's there now....can't have it seem that Kody thought Christine was right.  He'd never recover from that blow to his ego.

As for the house - holy velvet art work/purple overload/questionable rug choices, Batman.  And let us not forget, Janelle was in an RV (by her choice?  Maybe, but still).

Is the Lehi house available?  Robyn is going to need several empty rooms for the 1,425 Amazon boxes she hid somewhere when the realtor came to take pictures.  And of course, each kid needs their own room because reasons.

Edited to add: just because there is available wall space does NOT mean a huge piece of fluorescent artwork needs to be hammered into place.  Do those paintings glow in the dark, I wonder? 

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 13
(edited)

When one slows down and carefully observes each picture, one sees...I don't know - disturbing is the word that comes to mind - "art pieces" on several surfaces...I can't zoom in but is that a bow and arrow or a deconstructed animal skeleton above the side door?  A strange blue panther/monster in the non-purple bedroom?  What are those heavy iron/metal things on the table by the Royal Bedroom?  Horse heads?  The art piece on the far left of the living room, is that a picture of a table on fire?  On the kitchen island, is that a statue of two bears hugging?  I'm sorry, everyone, I just have so many questions.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 11
4 hours ago, Quof said:

There was a photo, now removed from Zillow, that showed the basement/garage (?) with boxes and large items stacked floor to ceiling.  So they got some advice on staging for selling, but stopped short of "remove all personal items to make the decor neutral".  

I screenshot it when I saw it, along with the purple bedroom that it seems everyone has seen already.

IMG_7779.jpeg

• Thanks 6
  • LOL 5

Everybody has interesting observations on the decor, etc.  As for me, I find myself deeply disturbed by the rocking chairs on the porch facing AWAY from the magnificent view . . .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 7

I just looked it up on Zillow.  They had all this and Janelle lived in a camper?  She needs to sue them and get her money back.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 9

Wonder where they'll move to? Las Vegas?  

Now that Meri's closed down her B&B (at least for now?), I wonder if they'll try to con her into letting them move in there?

Or--really far-fetched idea, but maybe Kody has a hankering to move eastward to North Carolina? 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
45 minutes ago, Kathy said:

I just looked it up on Zillow.  They had all this and Janelle lived in a camper?  She needs to sue them and get her money back.

Having seen the pictures of the interior of that Den of Horrors, I'd live in a camper, too.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 12

Ok so i am in the process of house hunting and have seen some very questionable decor on the redfin and Zillow sites but this takes the cake on  "most money spent on tacky ass shit." 

Where the F did they buy all this? I cant imagine, as none of it is remotely in style. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Orcinus orca said:

Having seen the pictures of the interior of that Den of Horrors, I'd live in a camper, too.

Robyn: "Sure, Janelle, you and Savanah can stay with us!  Would you like the pea-green basement - we can throw some air mattresses on the floor - no worries, the floor's heated so you'll be cozy!  Or there's plenty of room in our walk-in closet...in fact, the closet is probably bigger than your entire RV!  Hahaha!  What do you mean, you don't like the way the sculptures are looking at you?"  

41 minutes ago, kimaken said:

Now that Meri's closed down her B&B (at least for now?), I wonder if they'll try to con her into letting them move in there?

Ok, now you're talking.  I would happily pop the popcorn and settle in for a season of Kody, Robyn and the Tenders moving into Meri's haunted B&B, confined to just two small rooms with no place for Kody's "books."  

• Like 1
  • LOL 10
15 hours ago, invisiblegirl12 said:
15 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

That's a Squatty Potty. Apparently it promotes better hip position for healthier pooping. I believe it was on Shark Tank years ago. They're available on Amazon now

Thats probably because KoDouche is so full of shit.

• Fire 1
  • LOL 7

Holy moley! That house decor is HIDEOUS. It’s such a shame too because the house interior has so much potential, and IMHO, the outdoor views and setting are beyond gorgeous. I love Flagstaff and Sedona, so it would be a dream to live there. Such a shame. Everyone is not born with an innate sense of taste. I hope the right buyer purchases it and makes it into a real showstopper.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
16 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

Thanks @invisiblegirl12

Lord, there is some seriously ugly furniture in that place. And where in the hell did Sobbyn find a purple shag rug?

Robyn's taste in decorations is as good as her taste in clothing.  I hope they cannot afford that place and don't get what they are asking. The place that had no room for Truely.

5 hours ago, suzeecat said:

Everybody has interesting observations on the decor, etc.  As for me, I find myself deeply disturbed by the rocking chairs on the porch facing AWAY from the magnificent view . . .

Right???  You face those toward the view you fucking halfwits.

4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

THAT's what the nanny does!!

Or Truely when she visits.

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Kody and Robyn’s Flagstaff house is on the market for $1,650,000.

Can someone remind me when they bought the house and what they paid for it?

TIA.

Geez Louise!

I guess Kody and Robyn like art that mimics their antics.

Bedroom art to get their engines started!!!
Here’s Kody and Robyn canoodling in front of Kodys sexy little convertible and then there’s 3 paintings of a similar couple canoodling in the forest, making out on a park bench and groping under an umbrella!  😂

IMG_8598.jpeg

IMG_8594.jpeg

IMG_8595.jpeg

IMG_8596.jpeg

• LOL 16
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

there’s 3 paintings of a similar couple canoodling in the forest, making out on a park bench and groping under an umbrella! 

Maybe they realized that the similar couple were in a deciduous forest where leaves turn colour in Fall, not in a pine forest, and decided they need to move to find happiness.

When searching for homes in Flagstaff in the same price range, most were bigger, more updated, and some had been on the market for a month or more. I don't think Kootie will get the quick sale and great price he is hoping for.

Edited by Denize
  • LOL 12

He probably thinks it will sell right away. Remember when the jewelry website had so many views when it first went up? They thought the money would roll in on that one.

Check out the number of views of the house listing just from Zillow.

IMG_7784.jpeg

• LOL 8

All those views were to gawk & snark on SM about the hideous decor! Not serious buyers. 

With all of the holes in the walls to hang that "art" and the baby-poop colour walls inside and out, any buyer would need to ask for a substantial discount of $100-200K, I would imagine.

• Like 13
  • LOL 1

I don't under the 5 bedrooms. I thought none of the kids/kidults could share a bedroom so there have to be 6 (and I thought there were 7?)

• Like 5
(edited)
6 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I’m aware.

I know YOU are aware, but Kody is seeing dollar signs! 😉

4 minutes ago, Quof said:

I don't under the 5 bedrooms. I thought none of the kids/kidults could share a bedroom so there have to be 6 (and I thought there were 7?)

I was wondering about that too, since Robyn went on and on about having to buy a house with 7 bedrooms.  I suspect Aurora's room in the (walk-out) basement is not officially a bedroom, but a bonus room with no closet.

Edited by Denize
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Well, we can now be certain that Joana Gaines has no worries about competition.  Absolutely nothing goes together.  There is no flow in one room, let alone cohesive decorating though out the house.  It proves what we have discussed before.  They do not think ahead about finances.  They spend money wildly whether they have it or not.  That could be a beautiful house, but at  their asking price they may have a long wait for a sale.  The listing says the house has a cistern and they have to have water hauled in.   Apparently they do not have a well.  They are asking almost double the price they bought it for.  Wherever they move I hope it is large.  They have a ton of junk.

• Like 10
(edited)

There is one unifying aspect of the house - every wall, inside and out, is painted some shade of tan-green infant poop.

Robyn will need to arrange marriages for AuroraBreanna and return to trailer life with a big enough parking pad for Day'un's RV and the family's various storage trailers.

Edited by Denize
  • Like 2
  • LOL 7

Damn, Redditors are doing a deep dive.  Come on over to r/SisterWives to see slide by slide analysis, as well as the property listing when the Browns first purchased the house to see the touches Robyn has added.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 6
(edited)

I  looked up the original listing because they have the house listed now at 2 acres, and I couldn’t remember how big the lot they bought with it was. There’s 2 more acres floating around. Unless they already sold it, it seems to be an odd choice.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3
(edited)
10 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Is the Lehi house available?  

Nope, they sold it at a significant loss to the lady who owns the website www.speakingofpolygamy.com (It has some interesting bits on it)

I'm sure Robyn would have loved that house. No need for her kids to ever move out.

1 hour ago, Orcinus orca said:

Didn't they take out a HELOC and/or a second mortgage?  He does realize those have to be paid back, right?

Yes, they did, can't remember the exact amount but iirc it was at least 300k. If they racked up some additional debts and do not sell for the asking price (likely), then I can see trouble on the horizon. 

And even if they do make at least half a million in profit, I don't think it is going to last with those evident spending habits.

1 hour ago, Denize said:

When searching for homes in Flagstaff in the same price range, most were bigger, more updated, and some had been on the market for a month or more. I don't think Kootie will get the quick sale and great price he is hoping for.

That would be history repeating itself. Anyone remember the LV houses? 

Edited by LilyD
spelling
  • Like 7
5 hours ago, Denize said:

There is one unifying aspect of the house - every wall, inside and out, is painted some shade of tan-green infant poop.

Robyn will need to arrange marriages for AuroraBreanna and return to trailer life with a big enough parking pad for Day'un's RV and the family's various storage trailers.

My mother called it baby-shit yellow.  Cringeworthy.  And the purple bedroom is hideous.  

• Like 9
(edited)

CRISIS! CRISIS! CRISIS!

OMG!  I just realized since Kody and Robyn had to declutter their home to sell it, there are absolutely no more U-HAULS left on EARTH because everything has to be stored!  I hope nobody needs a rennal truck 😔 Maybe if you bring a special offering to one of the Cherished Teddies, he will let you use his wagon.  Looks like Teddy had to help them move because Robyn is too “pretty” to pack 😡

image.thumb.jpeg.a8f082cc8e205d6357a8d20a85ef0845.jpeg

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 11
17 minutes ago, MaryMitch said:

How do I see the house on Zillow?

Just google Zillow, then click the link to the site, type in Flagstaff AZ and look for the $1,650,000 home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Just google Zillow, then click the link to the site, type in Flagstaff AZ and look for the $1,650,000 home.

The cover shot of the house on Zillow has 3 empty rocking chairs on the deck!

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
17 minutes ago, Denize said:

Facing inside the house, not out at the view!!  What is going on in there that needs an audience????

• LOL 10
28 minutes ago, Denize said:

Maybe whoever buys the house will invite Robyn over sometime, then they can just be sittin’ there 😊

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

I suspect the three empty rocking chairs not looking out at the view are there to shame the three ex-SisterWives who will never be sittin & rockin & lookin at the view with Robyn.  The OG3 will probably laugh out loud as I did when I first saw them!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8

The $1,650,000 question: Why are they selling?
I can come up with several plausible explanations, all involving a lack of money or mortgage issues (like another balloon payment) but what is the real reason?

• Like 8
32 minutes ago, LilyD said:

The $1,650,000 question: Why are they selling?
I can come up with several plausible explanations, all involving a lack of money or mortgage issues (like another balloon payment) but what is the real reason?

Katie Joy is somehow convinced that they're splitting. I don't watch her content, so I don't know how she came to their s conclusion.

• Mind Blown 4
  • LOL 2

I hate the architecture of this house— the exterior is depressing. The inside layout and that hideous built-in in the great room give me a headache.

It is a large home in a very nice setting, though and the view rom the porch is lovely. 

• Like 13