Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E15: Retreat Ready

• Start Topic

On 4/23/2021 at 5:43 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Not that I know if unfortunately! I’ve done a search to see but I’ve only found them on the shvideo site which keeps reloading on me during the show which is a tad annoying. I wish they were on YouTube. 

It’s only one thread and it continues on that thread every week.  No headings of episodes either.  Thursday’s on Lifetime 9 pm.  If you can get Lifetime.

5 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I think they will all say "Yes, stay together" on decision day except Haley and Jake of course. I don't think any of them will last to the reunion unless Lifetime offers bonuses if they stay   through the reunion. Then they will all splitsville. 

Don’t they all have to go to the reunion whether they want to or not?

• Love 1
On 4/23/2021 at 6:20 PM, Nancybeth said:

The problem with Jake and Haley is that they're just constantly poking one another to provoke a reaction. They're both passive aggressive. The whole dinner thing could have gone differently if both of them were willing to make the effort:

Haley: Oh you're eating already?

Jake: Yeah, I try to stick to a  specific diet and I wasn't exactly sure when people would be here. 

Haley: I know this messes with your schedule. Do you remember we are supposed to make dinner for the group?

Jake: Of course. Tell me how I can help you with dinner.

(You get the point -- neither of them had to be as difficult at they were in that 

Edited by Silver Bells

In answer to the above where I screwed up, wasn’t it always Haley who said something first?  Then, Jake would reply.  If she would have just shut up, there would not have been any altercation.  As I recall, she always had some wise ass thing to say to him.  He then answered honestly and she would eye roll him and be mad.  She always has something to pick on, plus she did things that the other brides didn’t do.  Go for drinks without him, sleep at Page’s place, not wear the bracelet, etc, etc.  It was always her way or the highway.  The guy couldn’t win. She’s nice as pie with the girlfriends, but not with him.  She’s a liar when she said she tried.  She didn’t try, and the shirts she bought him was a dig on him.  It was not a nice gesture.  She insinuated he dressed sloppy.

• Love 9

Lol.  I have a horse.  Been a horseperson all my life.  I know firsthand all about their flight instinct...and I think Vincent’s horse was being a booger while being led.  I’ve been on many beach rides and most of those horses are used to doing what they want because all they experience are inexperienced riders.  So he wasn’t wrong to build up anxiety while simply leading.

But he didn’t have to punish Bri afterwards with his snotty self. That’s no bueno.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 8

Will any of these couples make it?
I am allergic to cats and while sometimes I can be in a house with one and it not bother me, I can’t imagine sleeping with one, I get that Virginia loves her cats but you are married now and he seemed open to compromise. I don’t think she really wants a marriage. She probably thought it sounded like a great idea when she was out drinking.
Clara really wants an admission of love but Ryan doesn’t seem there at all. 
Jake and Haley should have called it off weeks ago. Wasn’t it kind of piggish of him to make 8 eggs?
Bri and Vinny seem like they care for each other but he acts like a big baby too often and it’s a red flag IMO.

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Lol.  I have a horse.  Been a horseperson all my life.  I know firsthand all about their flight instinct...and I think Vincent’s horse was being a booger while being led.  I’ve been on many beach rides and most of those horses are used to doing what they want because all they experience are inexperienced riders.  So he wasn’t wrong to build up anxiety while simply leading.

But he didn’t have to punish Bri afterwards with his snotty self. That’s no bueno.  

And that horse sensed Vinny's anxiety, Vinny cannot relax enough to try or even enjoy anything new.

• Love 4
On 4/24/2021 at 10:03 AM, Silver Bells said:

He did?  I don’t remember.  Did he serve food?  Did Haley help?  Maybe that’s the time I got the first shot and was in bed.  First shot had side affects.  Second .. nothing.  Maybe because I drank lots of water.  Whatever.

Yes, at one point Jake showed the guys his home gym (Ryan liked it). I can't  find the episode, though, to check on whether he served food. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Will any of these couples make it?
I am allergic to cats and while sometimes I can be in a house with one and it not bother me, I can’t imagine sleeping with one, I get that Virginia loves her cats but you are married now and he seemed open to compromise. I don’t think she really wants a marriage. She probably thought it sounded like a great idea when she was out drinking.
Clara really wants an admission of love but Ryan doesn’t seem there at all. 
Jake and Haley should have called it off weeks ago. Wasn’t it kind of piggish of him to make 8 eggs?
Bri and Vinny seem like they care for each other but he acts like a big baby too often and it’s a red flag IMO.

Eight eggs "piggish" for a guy built like Jake? They look pretty good on him, IYKWIMAITYD! 💪😉

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 4/24/2021 at 3:05 PM, Kdawg82 said:

On Erik & Virginia & cats: 

Erik could've shut this down with one question/comment (though knowing VA, I doubt she would let it lie). He could've said "well the cats rely on you to sleep with them...so what are they doing on those nights you crash at your buddies' places after nights out?...let's do the same with the cats as they have on those occasions." This is a medical issue for Erik. There are no excuses as to why she shouldn't compromise.  

Agreed! 

• Love 5

Apologies to Sir Elton....

🎶 Oh, Ginny and Erik, have you seen them yet?

Ooh, but they're so boozed up,

G-G-G-Ginny and her cats!

Oh, but they're here and they're on the bed,

Oh, Erik, she won't hear "No"!

She's got her three felines, a drink in hand, 

You know I saw it on a TV show, ooh-oh,

G-G-G-Ginny and her cats! 

• LOL 13
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

And that horse sensed Vinny's anxiety, Vinny cannot relax enough to try or even enjoy anything new.

And another question that should be on the questionaire:  Are you an adventure seeker?  If you are, is that a requirement in a partner?

I don't fault Vinny at all for any of his anxieties related to something that could be dangerous.  But he shouldn't be paired with someone who may want to go skyjumping and wants a partner that will.  

I do think a big part of Vinny's issues are being afraid to look stupid (like dancing, popping of corks).  This could very well be the reason he didn't want to get on the horse too.  Seems the lack of a college degree that doomed his last relationship set up feelings of inadequacy.  And that's a shame.  College isn't for everyone so he should just be comfortable knowing he's making a living and has an entrepreneurial spirit. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Eight eggs "piggish" for a guy built like Jake? They look pretty good on him, IYKWIMAITYD! 💪😉

What's weird about Jake's build is that while he did look pretty good in this ep when they showed him without a shirt, he doesn't look as good in clothes, especially jeans.  He looks chubby, not muscle-y, even in short-sleeved shirts, which should be better for showing off his upper muscles.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Too busy knocking spouses.

They could have done that in the pool. I'm just in love with that pool. I can't understand why they weren't in it constantly during the trip unless it was too cold...

• Love 3
On 4/24/2021 at 4:21 PM, qtpye said:

Lord, I remember Henry's phone ringing off the hook as people were wishing him a happy birthday and one of his friends sending him a birthday cake (pandemic so people could not go out...particularly in New Orleans). and Christina still having no inclination to wish him a happy birthday.

I appreciate the list and bow down to your memory.

However, speaking of people that still got a sympathetic edit even if they were not attracted to their match...has this ever happened to a woman?

The closest thing that I can think of is Jaimie and Doug and that is mostly because Jaimie eventually "came around".

Haley might experience some hate but hopefully it will die down quickly.

I also do not believe Jake's protests that he was not attracted to her, at first. I think he did really like her and is pretty disappointed that the feeling is not mutual (understandable).

Jake will probably have a lot of women calling for him after the show. 

I don't know how much Jake actually liked her or if he was just committed because he thinks this is his last chance and he's getting old. He's mentioned something like this more than once, which is not actually true, but he seems tired of dating and wanted to settle down now. I do think he'll have more choices when this is over, and someone better suited to him than she is.

I honestly think Danielle (married to Cody) was the only woman not attracted to her husband that got a sympathetic edit. And she spent the entire show playing the same game Haley is trying to play (I got tired of her saying she wanted to "get there", whatever that means) but in her favor, she was actually nice to Cody and did seem like she was trying. They even agreed to stay together on D-Day and then quietly split after. If Haley wanted people to believe she was actually "trying" then she should have started by actually living with Jake instead of leaving with the film crew. Also, she needed to be a better actress. It's pretty apparent she does not like anything about Jake. She more reminds me of Molly, but unfortunately for her, without the hindsight vindication of an expert on her ass who wants to steal her spouse. Her only hope is if Viv and Jake announce they are dating 3 or 4 months from now! ;-p

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
Just now, Ilovepie said:

I don't know how much Jake actually liked her or if he was just committed because he thinks this is his last chance and he's getting old. He's mentioned something like this more than once, which is not actually true, but he seems tired of dating and wanted to settle down now. I do think he'll have more choices when this is over, and someone better suited to him than she is.

I honestly think Danielle (married to Cody) was the only woman not attracted to her husband that got a sympathetic edit. And she spent the entire show playing the same game Haley is trying to play (I got tired of her saying she wanted to "get there", whatever that means) but in her favor, she was actually nice to Cody and did seem like she was trying. They even agreed to stay together on D-Day and then quietly split after. If Haley wanted people to believe she was actually "trying" then she should have started by actually living with Jake instead of leaving with the film crew. Also, she needed to be a better actress. It's pretty apparent she does not like anything about Jake. She more reminds me of Molly, but unfortunately for her, without the hindsight vindication of an expert on her ass who wants to steal her spouse. Her only hope is if Viv and Jake announce they are dating 3 or 4 months from now! ;-p

I really think those type of tag lines are done for the show:

"Last chance for love..."

"I've never said the words I love you" (we've seen that twice in the recent past)

• Love 3
On 4/24/2021 at 4:54 PM, humbleopinion said:

Brides who got good edits despite not liking their grooms

Meka the Exasperated and If My Lips Are Moving I'm Lying... Michael

Olivia, I'm Too Good 4U and Brett, the role model for Jake to learn to be gracious

Unscathed couples

Tito's Jacklyn and  Basement Ryan

Bus Tom and Luxury Brands Lily

Sonia, Fraidy of Doggies and Nick, Too Gentlemanly to Admit to Sex

Jacklyn with the Thick Fingers and Fireman Ryan with 3 other jobs

7.5 Amber and Dance Lesson Meltdown Dave

I wouldn't put Olivia or Meka in the "unscathed" category......maybe because I was team Brett all the way and can't stand Olivia, and Meka came off pretty bitter and angry a lot, although it was totally justified.

I also wouldn't put anyone named Ryan in the unscathed category - all of them have been pretty loathsome across the board. Nick was absolutely horrible to Sonia on camera  - "I don't like her!" being screamed was one of the worst things ever on this show. And plenty of people hated Dave (not me) even though they stayed together and ultimately she left him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

I also wouldn't put anyone named Ryan in the unscathed category - all of them have been pretty loathsome across the board. Nick was absolutely horrible to Sonia on camera  - "I don't like her!" being screamed was one of the worst things ever on this show.

All the Ryan's have been total assholes. I think the current one still has a chance to break the bad streak. He's definitely not in the same asshole league of the others.

Didn't Nick scream "I'm not attracted to her!" ?  I can't recall, but I do recall being appalled at his behavior, especially since he was okay with having sex with her more than once.

55 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

And plenty of people hated Dave (not me) even though they stayed together and ultimately she left him.

Was this Amber (dated Dallas Douches) & Dave?  If so, he dumped her. Guess he finally got tired of the twice daily sex; yet another douche to add to her list. 

So sick of these people this time, which I think is (mostly) on the show for what they're intentionally becoming. The rest of this season is toast... gross, burnt toast.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Yes, at one point Jake showed the guys his home gym (Ryan liked it). I can't  find the episode, though, to check on whether he served food. 

I did see it .. ep. 9.  He showed the house .. a man’s cave, pool, etc.  A labor of love.  I doubt Haley would have liked it.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Don’t they all have to go to the reunion whether they want to or not?

I meant be there at the reunion as a happy still together couple, not already broken up. Alot of them are already split by then.  I can't imagine Chris and Paige being there at all but you never know. 

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Was this Amber (dated Dallas Douches) & Dave?  If so, he dumped her.

No, she left him. They stayed together at D-Day and at the reunion where Bobby and Danielle announced they were pregnant, Amber and Dave announced they had split. Without talking to him first, she packed up all her stuff and left while he was at work and he came home and found her gone. He seemed completely surprised by this, but was totally done after that stunt.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

What's weird about Jake's build is that while he did look pretty good in this ep when they showed him without a shirt, he doesn't look as good in clothes, especially jeans.  He looks chubby, not muscle-y, even in short-sleeved shirts, which should be better for showing off his upper muscles.  

I actually didn’t like to see him bare chested on the first night.  He should of had a t-shirt on.   Bare chested, bikini underwear, strippers don’t phase me at all.  Ive always liked a man in nice clothes, shoes, no facial hair and clean cut hair.  For a wedding, a black tux, white shirt, and white bow tie.  Good cologne too.  Guess you could say conservative.  To each his own tho.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

And another question that should be on the questionaire:  Are you an adventure seeker?  If you are, is that a requirement in a partner?

I don't fault Vinny at all for any of his anxieties related to something that could be dangerous.  But he shouldn't be paired with someone who may want to go skyjumping and wants a partner that will.  

I do think a big part of Vinny's issues are being afraid to look stupid (like dancing, popping of corks).  This could very well be the reason he didn't want to get on the horse too.  Seems the lack of a college degree that doomed his last relationship set up feelings of inadequacy.  And that's a shame.  College isn't for everyone so he should just be comfortable knowing he's making a living and has an entrepreneurial spirit. 

Yes and I think about that all the time. I think Vinnie would have done better with a woman self starter like he is.   No college just smart and motivated.
Brianna has to be really smart to hold an engineering degree and all the sorority sisters and college talk has to be a lot for a fellow like Vinnie. 

I don’t think any of these couples are matched well!

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

No, she left him. They stayed together at D-Day and at the reunion where Bobby and Danielle announced they were pregnant, Amber and Dave announced they had split. Without talking to him first, she packed up all her stuff and left while he was at work and he came home and found her gone. He seemed completely surprised by this, but was totally done after that stunt.

Ahhh, thank you. I don't blame her at all & doubt he missed her, except for the sex LOL.

I don't ever trust decision day, & sometimes even the reunion, because it's too soon after.

• Love 2

So I had to buy Episode 9 (11 on my TiVo) to re-watch!

Jake threw a "pool party" for the group. (His backyard was way better landscaped than I had remembered.)

But the original question was whether or not Jake helped to make the food. And the televised answer? WE NEVER SEE!

But at least the table was laden with a variety of comestibles that everyone seemed to enjoy! 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

So I had to buy Episode 9 (11 on my TiVo) to re-watch!

Contact your TiVo and tell them to remove the charge,  you were mistakenly charged for such shabby quality of teevee... it is a travesty!!

They would totally believe you....

• LOL 4
15 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Yes and I think about that all the time. I think Vinnie would have done better with a woman self starter like he is.   No college just smart and motivated.
Brianna has to be really smart to hold an engineering degree and all the sorority sisters and college talk has to be a lot for a fellow like Vinnie. 

I don’t think any of these couples are matched well!

Yep .. totally mismatched.  Vinnie is the home type.  Wants kids and have the whole family together to eat, drink and dance around the place.  Brianna wants to see the world.  I don’t blame either of them.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

I wish today was tomorrow.  I CANT WAIT for Decision Day!   Any bets?

Made me think!   They should all say goodbye!  None of them seem to be matched well.

I think Clara and Ryan will continue to try so yes to them.    Clara likes Ryan. 

Brianna might want to go on she likes having a partner but Vincent who knows?   Jake and miserable no and no!

Virginia and Eric should say no but he's loving the sex and she likes him gone so she can...whatever.  So that one's a draw!

I wouldn't be surprised to see Chris and what's her name try again for a season twist!!!

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Made me think!   They should all say goodbye!  None of them seem to be matched well.

I think Clara and Ryan will continue to try so yes to them.    Clara likes Ryan. 

Brianna might want to go on she likes having a partner but Vincent who knows?   Jake and miserable no and no!

Virginia and Eric should say no but he's loving the sex and she likes him gone so she can...whatever.  So that one's a draw!

I wouldn't be surprised to see Chris and what's her name try again for a season twist!!!

IMO Clara and Ryan, Virginia and Erik, and Briana and Vincent will stay together. Haley and Jacob and Paige and Chris are done - they're already done in show time, they're basically married in name only. I think Clara and Ryan and Virginia and Erik will split within months (I think Clara will hold to her "if we're not having sex/saying I love you within six months, I'm out" declaration, and she should), and I could see Briana and Vincent lasting longer than a year but ultimately splitting over kids/no kids/timing of kids/bio vs. adopted kids, if Briana's health is a barrier to pregnancy.

Virginia and Erik are the wild card to me because there's a lot about Virginia that says to me that she knows Erik isn't the guy for her, but she doesn't have enough relationship experience to know she can end it. She says she always runs, and it doesn't even seem to me like these are actual relationships she's running out of - she said she's been single and promiscuous for the last five or six years, so since college. This is basically her first adult relationship and I don't think she quite gets that she can just go - that "I'm not into it" is a perfectly valid reason to end something.

On the flip side, she's not ready for marriage at all and I wonder if Erik will be like "you know what, I want kids before 40, I'm out."

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

IMO Clara and Ryan, Virginia and Erik, and Briana and Vincent will stay together. Haley and Jacob and Paige and Chris are done - they're already done in show time, they're basically married in name only. I think Clara and Ryan and Virginia and Erik will split within months (I think Clara will hold to her "if we're not having sex/saying I love you within six months, I'm out" declaration, and she should), and I could see Briana and Vincent lasting longer than a year but ultimately splitting over kids/no kids/timing of kids/bio vs. adopted kids, if Briana's health is a barrier to pregnancy.

Virginia and Erik are the wild card to me because there's a lot about Virginia that says to me that she knows Erik isn't the guy for her, but she doesn't have enough relationship experience to know she can end it. She says she always runs, and it doesn't even seem to me like these are actual relationships she's running out of - she said she's been single and promiscuous for the last five or six years, so since college. This is basically her first adult relationship and I don't think she quite gets that she can just go - that "I'm not into it" is a perfectly valid reason to end something.

On the flip side, she's not ready for marriage at all and I wonder if Erik will be like "you know what, I want kids before 40, I'm out."

More importantly, she is not ready to be a mother. If Eric forces the point and she caves in, it could be a disaster.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I wish today was tomorrow.  I CANT WAIT for Decision Day!   Any bets?

Decision Day isn't tomorrow. You have to wait until May 12. And as far as bets, I think most of us have seen the spoilers so we know.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Love 4
On 4/24/2021 at 4:34 PM, Silver Bells said:

But remember he said he was done on Day 4.  Right after they slept together , he was done.  The million dollar question .. what exactly happened that night?  Either she was not satisfied or he wasn’t satisfied.  Or, what else can it be for him to say “Day 4” ?

IIRC, they had sex, she pulled back (this was around the same time of the night she met the girls in the lobby, the husbands joined, and when Jake happened to walk thru the lobby and see everyone meeting without him they all bolted so he thought they were intentionally excluding him), he thought she was blowing him off and accused her of having someone else and just using him for sex.  He said her behavior reminded him of women in his past who wanted to be with him sexually but didn’t want to date him / have a relationship.  She said his accusations were baseless, completely out of left field and insulting.  Fun times.

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Decision Day isn't tomorrow. You have to wait until May 12. And as far as bets, I think most of us have seen the spoilers so we know.

Whaaat ?   I thought it was tomorrow.  On nuts.

• LOL 2
36 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

IIRC, they had sex, she pulled back (this was around the same time of the night she met the girls in the lobby, the husbands joined, and when Jake happened to walk thru the lobby and see everyone meeting without him they all bolted so he thought they were intentionally excluding him), he thought she was blowing him off and accused her of having someone else and just using him for sex.  He said her behavior reminded him of women in his past who wanted to be with him sexually but didn’t want to date him / have a relationship.  She said his accusations were baseless, completely out of left field and insulting.  Fun times.

Thanks for that.  A combination of things that happened within a few days.  Yeah.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

Yep, I think they were "done" around the same time but for different reasons. For her, the sex, for him, her mean girl tendencies.......

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I don’t get it.  Doesn’t your monthly cable carry all the shows on Demand?

No**, neither all shows nor all episodes. Does any cable company carry so much?

In the case of "MAFS" (and for most series, I'd wager), the retained episodes go back only so far. 

** RCN

Edited by LennieBriscoe

he thought she was blowing him off and accused her of having someone else and just using him for sex. 

See, that is when I lost respect for Jake. I get it, he felt rejected and hurt, but that scenario was a huge overreaction, completely irrational and way over the top. He was claiming that she went on national TV to get married in order to have someone to cheat with in her existing relationship. Does that read as ridiculous as it sounds? Unfortunately most responses to those kind of accusations either put you on the defensive as you try to explain — which means you are actually giving them credence — or you directly address the fallacy and hope for the best. Either way it escalates into a far bigger issue than the misunderstanding it most likely was. And when someone does this once, there's often more where that came from, which means a new accusation just around the bend, probably when you are least expecting. To me that is not fighting fair period. If it is very occasional, fine, no one is perfect — but we have seen over and over how he seizes on one idea like a dog with a bone that has to be debated/defended/dissected ad nauseum. Personally I do find it creepy and most unattractive — and I also think it can be crazymaking in that someone exposed to that nonsense over and over gets freaked out. They never know what's going to be next or when, and with this show it's not like they have a positive shared history or trust to mitigate all this toxicity.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Not for me...spoiler free, every season!

• Love 2
20 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

No**, neither all shows nor all episodes. Does any cable company carry so much?

In the case of "MAFS" (and for most series, I'd wager), the retained episodes go back only so far. 

** RCN

I don’t know all this technology stuff, but my “Optimum” Cable carries all the stations on t.v. and the whole year of episodes.  I guess each cable company is different.  ????

23 hours ago, Retired at last said:

A lot of us prefer not to see spoilers, which is why the rule is not to mention them in episode threads. I hope people won’t keep alluding and dropping obvious hints that might as well be spoilers. It seems to keep happening no matter how many mod reminders are posted. 

Edited by JocelynCavanaugh
  • Love 1
On 4/24/2021 at 4:50 PM, Mrs. Button said:

I'm not a betting person, but as a female I know looking at her expressions, there is NO way she got any pleasure from that experience, only regret. Half the time she looks ready to vomit around him.  

That being said, I can't really blame Haley for not want to hear Jake relive his greatest grievances hits on a long plane or car ride either: The bracelet! Attraction! It's Just a Hug! As though endlessly rehashing them will lead to some sort of resolution or apology. It's just not going to happen. Oh, and if he is 39 I am 29 (I am 51). 

I don't know if I would say that.  I think if the experience had been bad, she wouldn't hesitate to say so (and would frankly make more sense than her "Jake likes the 80s?  Ewwwww!" or "Jake doesn't wear tennis shoes?  Marriage over!")   She has zero problems criticizing Jake to anyone and everyone about anything and everything so I think she would at least hint about it, if not come right out and say it.   

Neither of them said anything about it to the "experts" either. 

As far as not wanting to hear Jake relive anything, the fact is that Haley doesn't want to hear Jake, period.  She has said in at least two episodes now that she has tried but I've seen zero evidence of that.

On 4/24/2021 at 5:34 PM, Silver Bells said:

But remember he said he was done on Day 4.  Right after they slept together , he was done.  The million dollar question .. what exactly happened that night?  Either she was not satisfied or he wasn’t satisfied.  Or, what else can it be for him to say “Day 4” ?

I think Jake said he was done after Haley claimed she wanted alone time downstairs during the honeymoon and he discovered her hanging out and eating with the other couples. 

I don't blame him for that one bit.  Even if she ran into the other couples, she could have called upstairs to him and let him know -- or just gone upstairs and told him.  

On 4/27/2021 at 10:14 AM, Jeanne222 said:

See, I think Vincent will say yes.  Brianna should be on the fence.  He's too rigid and unmoving when it comes to certain things (where to live;  must have biological kids), he's very moody when he's put in a situation to try something new (something she enjoys doing), and he seems to have some champagne tastes on his Boone's Farm budget, while knocking Brianna for what she spends on clothing and hair.   I don't know.  I don't think he's a bad guy but I'm not sure that their differences won't tear them apart in the end.  Her goals seem to be traveling and having adventures and his goals seem to be a shit ton of kids and leaving a legacy.  Nothing wrong with either but they are not compatible and neither should have to change what they want to accommodate the other. 

I think if Ryan goes first and says he wants to stay together, Clara will agree, whether that is what she truly decided or not.  In that way, MAFS should really film each spouse separately with their decision and then play it when both are present, that way no one can change their mind and buckle under pressure.  

I think both Ryan and Clara are nice people but I'm not sure Ryan can give Clara what she most wants, which is a passionate sex life.  I find it interesting that they have apparently not discussed WHY Ryan is hesitant to take it to the next level, especially if they are having some kind of sex.  Does he think it's dirty?  Some other hang up?  Dr. Viv is supposedly the sex expert and even she wasn't exactly inquiring what the hold up is.  She should have seen big, huge red flags over Ryan's previous girlfriends waiting for two years and/or not having sex at all during that time.  What gives?   And if the "experts" knew that Ryan moved that incredibly slow, what were they thinking matching him with someone who admits she moves really fast?  

No surprise that both Jake and Haley will ask for a divorce.  I wonder if both of them will just let the shit fly on Decision Day.  I hope Jake does.  I think the only surprising thing would be that one or both of them hasn't already contacted an attorney.

Why even bother with Paige and Chris?  Paige should already have an attorney hired by now.  She's been "done" at least three times and we haven't had to see her or that tool she was convinced God sent her for the last several episodes so no need to see either of them on Decision Day.  

For me, the biggest wildcard is Erik and Virginia.  I think they both like the idea of them being married but they both know they have some pretty unsurmountable problems.  Erik wants kids and pretty soon.  Virginia isn't sure if she ever does (and it's okay if she never does so shame on Pastor Cal for telling her that hey, everyone worries that they are going to eff up their kids before they have them!)  Virginia wants to party all the time and maybe she can squeeze Erik in there, in between her bar hops and crashes on the sofas of friends, but only if he meets her at the corner bar.  Erik wants to live in his condo until they figure things out, Virginia is dead set against it for no apparent reason and has no solution.  Erik is allergic to Virginia's cats and doesn't want them sleeping in the bed with them, Virginia refuses to bend on the issue. 

If they were dating, they'd be done by now.  They act like two people in their twenties in a dating relationship who fight, make up, fight again, make up, cry, yell, fight, make up.   To be like this a month into their relationship/marriage is not a good sign for a healthy, loving and lasting relationship.   If the "experts" were true experts, they would intervene and suggest to  Virginia that she needs rehab and some therapy to help her with anxiety and the issues she has with her upbringing.  

I actually hope these two decide not to stay together because they just aren't good together.  They may not be as surface toxic as Haley and Jake or Chris and anyone but eventually they will be.  

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

I actually hope these two decide not to stay together because they just aren't good together.  They may not be as surface toxic as Haley and Jake or Chris and anyone but eventually they will be. 

I actually think they are pretty toxic, just in a different way. He talks to her like she's a child, and she acts like one. It's not a good dynamic. Also, the alcohol fueled fights are not healthy, nor Virginia's refusal to wait until they are sober for serious discussions. Yet another thing they can't agree on.

• Love 7
42 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

Erik wants to live in his condo until they figure things out, Virginia is dead set against it for no apparent reason and has no solution. 

I think they have mentioned that his condo does not allow pets, so I totally understand why she doesn't want to go there.