Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E15: Retreat Ready

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

I was just thinking the same thing. Terrible job by the ‘experts’ matching these couples. And Virginia is choosing the cats over Erik. 

As would I!

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Virginia is driving me nuts.  She keeps putting her fingers in her hair, all over her face, then in her mouth.

She has a lot of nervous tiks. Including picking at her zits. Looks to me like she may have more going on than just the alcohol abuse. Just to be fair, I think Erik likes his booze a little more than he is letting on. He doesn't want his bosses and peers to know but we have all said that he has appeared to be drunk on several occasions.  

Ok, I'll agree maybe Bri should not "surprise" Vin ever again with her planned outings without them being Vin approved first.  Hopefully she gets it now. Discussing with Vin what they want to do for fun is reasonable except one thing: Vin doesn't want to do anything. It's not just the horse, it's everything. He's a dud. He pissed me off when he said they would be living in his one bedroom apt. because he likes it. Bri has a really nice 2 bedroom in the same neighborhood but he insists they live in his one bedroom. I don't like this guy. 

• Love 22
32 minutes ago, nell said:

Jake, get some table manners!  Your fork is in your fist and you're all over the table with your arm.  I would hate to have a meal with you - grow up - get a book on etiquette if you don't know how to conduct yourself.  Haley's a pill, but no woman with any snap is going to go for a man who acts like a slob.

Haley continually puts her shoed feet on sofas and chairs, which grosses me out far worse. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 17

I think it's fine if Vinny doesn't feel adventurous like Briana.  He seems to be more laid back, and she seems to like trying different adventures.  Nothing wrong with either of those positions, but they need to come to an understanding.  Maybe she can find a friend who likes to do those things.  

Regarding living arrangements, I can understand wanting to live in one's own place because that's what they're used to.  However, I think he feels like since he's the man, she should come live with him even if his place is smaller than hers.  Initially I liked them as a couple, but I fear his feeling of being inadequate and unaccomplished compared to her will doom the relationship, even if they agree to stay married on Decision Day. 

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

She has a lot of nervous tiks. Including picking at her zits. Looks to me like she may have more going on than just the alcohol abuse. Just to be fair, I think Erik likes his booze a little more than he is letting on. He doesn't want his bosses and peers to know but we have all said that he has appeared to be drunk on several occasions.  

Ok, I'll agree maybe Bri should not "surprise" Vin ever again with her planned outings without them being Vin approved first.  Hopefully she gets it now. Discussing with Vin what they want to do for fun is reasonable except one thing: Vin doesn't want to do anything. It's not just the horse, it's everything. He's a dud. He pissed me off when he said they would be living in his one bedroom apt. because he likes it. Bri has a really nice 2 bedroom in the same neighborhood but he insists they live in his one bedroom. I don't like this guy. 

Didn't Virginia mention she had depression?  Or maybe it was just anxiety?  Anyhow, I have to wonder if she's on meds for that.  Combining any prescription meds with alcohol (and especially gallons of alcohol on the regular) isn't good.  

I have to wonder if the experts had any idea about the extent of Virginia's partying.  Surely if they did any kind of home visit they would notice the empty liquor bottles, the many, many tumblers, etc.  Didn't they use to talk to friends/family way back in the beginning?  Surely if they had done that, someone would have squealed about how much partying Virginia likes to do.  

Vincent is just as rigid and unmovable as Erik appears to be -- although as I said upthread, I wonder how much of that is truly Erik's personality and how much is a reaction to the drunken, childish behavior of his wife.  We've seen flashes of Erik's anger (and I don't like it) but he has offered to accommodate her dog and cats and to do whatever to his condo while they are there so that she feels at home (although she won't tell him exactly what it is she wants.)   Erik isn't insisting they move into his place because he doesn't like Virginia's or anything like that -- it's because he owns his place and they wouldn't be paying rent.  

In comparison, Vincent is telling Bri how it's going to be (absolutely do not like that.)  Sure, he seems chill and easygoing but he's pretty rigid.  He and Bri have apartments in the same neighborhood but he's not willing to discuss where they will live because he likes his apartment?  Common sense says that in this situation, you should choose the apartment that's larger.  

I agree with the don't surprise people with events you're either uncertain they will like or they are afraid of kind of thing.  I am curious to know how Vincent could have prepared to go horseback riding though.  Hypnotherapy?  Watch a YouTube video?  Go to Six Flags and get on the carousel?  

In any event, Bri clearly wants to be out and about and is very adventurous while Vincent prefers to stay home.  Nothing wrong with either but it is a pretty significant lifestyle difference.  Probably yet another (unsuccessful) instance of the experts thinking that an outgoing person is going to draw a shy person out of their shell.  

• Love 12
(edited)

Vincent wants them to live within "his means" to show the world that he is the "provider" for the family.

His one bedroom apt is what he can afford so she has to want to live there lest she disappoints him by asking him to move into her place and take a blow to his fragile ego.

Ugh..

Dump him Briana, he will always be down playing your financial contributions to the family and you will have to find taller and taller tent poles to prop his ego up. 

Aren't you tired of him liking you more when you fit into his idea what are womanly behaviors and attitudes by looking to what he wants first...what a crock of shit...

Why is it your job to prevent him wandering into situations where he may feel embarrassment?

There will be hell to pay when he sees the editing of his whiny, scaredy cat reluctance and the long protracted, high pitched cajoling necessary to get his fat arse on Gator.

Gator was thinking...get in the saddle you pussy...

The constant babying and cooing at him makes me queasy...

Bri, there is a man out there for you who sees you and he rowing the boat together...not one man baby complaining that he has a blister and the row boat outing wasn't cleared by his front office.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 2
  • Love 16
14 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I agree with Vincent that Briana shouldn't be signing him up for things without checking with him first, AND I get it that not everyone is cut out to ride a horse, but in that situation all I can say is "buck up buttercup".  The trainer was right, 10 year olds get on that horse.  They wouldn't have that horse there if it was temperamental.  They know that they have to have the most docile and easygoing horses for novice riders. 

OMG, I could not roll my eyes hard enough at Vincent. My four and eight year olds ride horses FGS.  It's not they were going to rope steers or something. It's walking down a beach.  He did get on, I'll give him that--but he was a dick about it and Bri spends  SO MUCH TIME catering to his special feelings. My husband said he should be thanking his lucky stars a woman like Brianna would even consider staying married to him. IMO she could do much much better.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, glitterpussy said:

Also, where are you guys watching MAFS Australia in the US? I can't find it on Hulu...

US has MAFS and their evil spawns on the lowest level of basic cable service.. the Lifetime Channel

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

I think Erik should ask for a divorce. Then get off my TV and stay off my TV.

This is where I come out when it's obvious he shouldn't be married to Virginia. She has chosen everyone and everything before him. That's fine, I don't necessarily blame her, but that's not a marriage. He's controlling, condescending, has values I don't share and between the nose job and the smirk, I don't find him attractive to look at. So, bye, boy.

Edited by buttersister
  • Love 8

Giny: Did you really think you could get married and still live the single life you had before? Did none of the experts not tell you marriage involves compromise, not to mention that your life is forever changed (for the better or worse, depending on both parties compromising).

• Love 8

Boy, this week certainly showed what a shit show this season is!

My top choices for Assholes of the week:

Number One with a Bullet: Haley. My God, this woman is awful. She does not waste one opportunity to try to "win". She brags about being competitive, but it's petty and obnoxious. This includes the constant digs at Jake. He is so done with her it's ridiculous. "A very long bad first date" indeed! And she finally admitted the real reason why she sent the necklace  bracelet her new spouse gave her to her mother's house: "I wasn't going to wear it anyway." What a freaking bitch. I bet she is shocked right about right now at how people on social media are reacting to her and not thinking she's the most awesome thing on the planet. Good luck Miss I-Do-What-I-Want-When-I-Want, enjoy being single for another seven years......

Number Two Asshole of the Week: Virginia. Why the hell did this girl want to be married? Why? She does not want to do anything that is in any way different than it was when she was single! I really think she just thought she would get married and her new spouse would literally drop into HER life with no changes whatsoever. The drinking, partying, refusal to move or compromise on the cats in the bedroom - none of it! And her baby voice and giggling over the cats while Erik was trying to have a serious talk about it, I have no words. He should say no on D-Day. If you can't even compromise on these basic no-brainer things, there is no hope this is going to last long term. Clara nailed it when she said they are infatuated. That is what this is - it's definitely not love. Peel away the sex and these two have absolutely nothing in common.

Number Three Asshole of the Week: Vincent. What a freaking baby. Those horses were about as tame as they come - they were not some wild beasts! This man is so afraid of looking ridiculous he doesn't realize he already looks ridiculous by digging his heels in and refusing to do things that are in fun and don't matter anyway even if you do look like a fool. That's part of the fun. And his oblivious assumption they would live at his place - boy, he really wasn't reading the room. She was NOT on board, and he seemed to think it's a done deal. He's in for a rude awakening there I think. Mr. ILP said he's a bit exhausting. He better hope Bri doesn't start to feel like that because I would not like to spend the rest of my life catering to his fragile ego......

Number Four Kind-Of Asshole: Ryan. It is becoming PAINFUL watching Clara bare her soul and get nothing back from him. It is her actual worst fear coming true before our eyes: Her falling in love and him not loving her back. If he can't love this woman he needs to man up and be honest NOW. If he's just waiting until D-Day, it just feels cruel, no matter which way it goes. She is all in and he knows it. Grow a pair and BE HONEST! Enough with the "for sure".

Everyone wondering why Jake and Haley went to this retreat, I am going to wager they didn't really have a choice. I am sure the producers made them, and Jake exited at the earliest opportunity. Probably to go straight to the jeweler in ATL to get his $800 back.

One last thought: I now want to take a vacation at Hilton Head. It looks truly beautiful!

• Useful 1
  • Love 19

Even if the producers gave Jake and Haley no choice but to go to SC, they still looked stupid going in separate vehicles.  

I'm pretty sure Haley will have no problem with him getting his money back when she returns the damn bracelet to that cro magnon. 

13 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I'm pretty sure Haley will have no problem with him getting his money back when she returns the damn bracelet to that cro magnon. 

He should return the clothes Haley bought for him. Tit for tat.

Haley can burn them if she wants since she can't return clothes he wore...

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

He should return the clothes Haley bought for him. Tit for tat.

Haley can burn them if she wants since she can't return clothes he wore...

Or donate them to Goodwill or another thrift store.  They looked like nice, casual shirts so I'm sure some guys would wear them.

• Love 3

I think all the couples are on rocky ground.

I'm sad and embarrassed for Clara. She's trying oh-so-hard to convince everyone around her that she and Ryan are mutually agreed on taking it slow, and she's totally on board with it being that way. Poor girl is obviously frustrated and unhappy. Ryan meanwhile doles out little crumbs of affection, but halfheartedly and without commitment. I don't know what Clara sees in him. Also, his hair and beard suck <shallow>.

Haley is just a real joy to be around, isn't she? /s  She has to be super competitive about everything, and always right. She gets so mad when anyone tries to tell her she's wrong, or to chill out. I can't believe she made Jake drive there separately. That pretty much tells you all you need to know about Haley.

Vincent is a bad sport. I'm glad he at least got on the horse, but he was so negative the entire time. Bri is probably going to have to go off and have adventures on her own, because Vinnie is not going to budge out of his comfort zone.

E & V are an utter disaster. Virginia has no concept of compromise. Erik is hilarious saying that he doesn't give ultimatums.

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Or donate them to Goodwill or another thrift store.  They looked like nice, casual shirts so I'm sure some guys would wear them.

Jake thrifts for his 80's clothes, footwear so it would be very Jake to hunt them down in Atlanta and flaunt that he paid pennies on the dollar for the shirts...

Hales can take them to Al la Bama (say it like Forest Gump shouts it when he is saying goodbye to Jenny in Washington DC) to donate when she visits her mom next time...

• LOL 2

Ok...I couldn’t help but notice. Haley arrived early and selected her own bedroom before any of the other couples arrived. Despite knowing she was going to be in the room alone, she picked what seems to have been the master bedroom all for herself (Jake was definitely in a much smaller room that was right off the living room with a smaller bed). Then when Virginia and Erik arrived she suggested they take the bedroom next to hers so they could share a balcony. Haley’s giant room had a king sized bed while the room she picked out for Erik and Virginia was tiny and had what looked like a full bed in it. Maybe a queen. Definitely not a king. Vincent and Brianna got a smaller room with a smaller bed too. What a bitch move. She’s one person - how rude to take the biggest room with the biggest bed. For only one person to enjoy! Rude rude rude! I’m not the least bit surprised though.

It seems like her whole goal at the retreat was to try to recruit the other couples onto Team Haley by criticizing Jake at every possible opportunity. Jake didn’t help either on that front - they were both way too vocal about their issues when they were all having dinner together on the first night, but the difference was he wasn’t also supplementing that s***show dinner by trash talking Haley behind her back to the other couples the way Haley was doing about him for the whole rest of the trip. She found a way to weave in a criticism regardless of whether it was even appropriate to the conversation, be it while prepping dinner, sitting with the girls to recap their days, criticizing his early departure on their last day, etc.. Memo to Haley: no one wants to hear people complain about their relationship 24/7 while they are on vacation. It’s supposed to fun. Although, I’m not sure “fun” is in her vocabulary (unless it involves winning something...I think she actually had fun winning that couples trivia game). 

Man, are those two hard to watch!

• Useful 2
  • Love 20
3 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Haley continually puts her shoed feet on sofas and chairs, which grosses me out far worse. 

I just watched a House Hunters International where the husband plopped down to test the softness of every couch and bed and somehow managed to put the soles of his shoes on each one.

I had heart palpitations.

I knew what Haley was doing immediately.  She met the other two couples at the door so she could get a headstart on Us-Against-Him.  "He got here before the rest of us and ate EIGHT EGGS!  Don't you agree with me that he's a complete weirdo?"  That's why she's super BFF with Virginia, extra social with the others.  When the group is going to have to choose a side, you want them all to be your friends, not his.  (Been there.  Done that.  Sorry.)

I'm glad the rest of the group didn't freeze Jake out at Haley's behest.  He can't do Haley's group charm thing, but he was comfortable enough with the men of the bunch to be his own dry understated self, so it worked out well enough for him.

I was gobsmacked that Virginia seemed to think Eric only had to SEE how adorable it is when her cats are tucked into her crevices and he'd come around to her position.   While he was trying to explain how physically miserable he would be, she kept repeating "Wait 'til you see it!  Wait 'til you see how they are!"  That's not rational adult behavior.

I think it's hilarious that people on this board can match Clara with any of the other men.  Clara really is a good sort--she deserved much, much better than she got.  Clara's deeply grateful and emotional response to what was little more than A Thank You Note For You recitation was heartbreaking. 

~I've never watched this before.  Do any of the couples work out?  I don't see one couple I could recommend in this bunch.

~UnMatchable was surprisingly fun.  The people think they've been cast on MAFS and the experts walk in and say, "You are seriously deluded about whether you're even date-worthy.  Stop farting in public, for fuck's sake."

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
17 hours ago, PupCal said:

I can't believe they all just brushed off Jake just eating 8 fuckin eggs as like a pre-dinner meal.

But isn’t that all that he eats = protein?  That’s probably why he did it because he wouldn’t be eating what she was cooking.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Palomar said:

Giny: Did you really think you could get married and still live the single life you had before? Did none of the experts not tell you marriage involves compromise, not to mention that your life is forever changed (for the better or worse, depending on both parties compromising).

Virginia, it seems to me, wants security---someone waiting for her, whenever and in whatever condition she's in when she comes home. 

Her favorite activity is drinking, and she has her buds for that. Erik's presence would cramp her style. 

Yet another romantic cliche turned on its head, to wit:

The Wife goes out carousing with the guys, while the Husband waits at home, worrying, doing chores. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Virginia, it seems to me, wants security---someone waiting for her, whenever and in whatever condition she's in when she comes home. 

Her favorite activity is drinking, and she has her buds for that. Erik's presence would cramp her style. 

Yet another romantic cliche turned on its head, to wit:

The Wife goes out carousing with the guys, while the Husband waits at home, worrying, doing chores. 

The thing is with Erik's schedule she would naturally have some time to herself and to visit her friends while spending time with Erik when he was at home.  Why make a big deal about being with her friends every weekend.  The truth is maybe THEY have lives too and would rather it only be an occasional thing.  She should never have come on this show.

• Love 11

Ginny: I'm starting to suspect that she's fucking with Erik and us...literally no one could have a REAL conversation like the "cats in the bed" convo they had. I think she's so done with him that she's trying to piss him off on camera and make him blow up. I actually hope that's what she's doing, because I hate him. She's no prize but I think she's decent person with some serious issues.

Poor sad Clara. Girl, you've swung too far in the opposite direction...I know you had a lot of sex and a lot of heartbreak, but no sex doesn't equal no heartbreak either.  Ryan isn't a "nice guy" --he's extremely damaged. 

Like you all, I'm over Haley and Jake. They are both assholes in their own special way.  Did we even see WHY Jake left in the night, or no? Haley, you aren't a" super positive person", what a joke. That's as good as Erik "I Don't Give Ultimatums, But Do It My Way Or I'm Done."

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, glitterpussy said:

Also, where are you guys watching MAFS Australia in the US? I can't find it on Hulu...

Tonight at 9:00 p.m EST, Lifetime Channel. 

Jake left early because why not? Everybody was departing that morning; he drove by himself; and he sure as heck wasn't going to have a tender "Good-bye" moment with Helley.

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 12
21 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Ryan's letter brought Clara to tears because she's so desperate for some validation from him.

If they stay together there will come a day he'll say "fer sure" yet again & she's gonna hurl around & smack the shit outta him.

I'm wondering if Ryan just doesn't want to say I Love You on camera (or have sex during their time on the show) so he doesn't have to talk about something so personal.  Maybe he has pretty much even told her he would wait until after decision day.

It is interesting last season (that was extended by Covid so they had more time) had 3 couples who stayed together.  This season I see the possibility of 3 of the couples initially saying they are staying but only Brianna and Vincent working out long term if both of them are willing to work on some things.  Possibly Clara and Ryan if things change when the cameras are off. Ginny and Erik will have a tough time... 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Jake left early because why not? Everybody was departing that morning; he drove by himself; and he sure as heck wasn't going to have a tender "Good-bye" moment with Helley.

I saw what you did there... 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

There will be hell to pay when he sees the editing of his whiny, scaredy cat reluctance and the long protracted, high pitched cajoling necessary to get his fat arse on Gator.

Gator was thinking...get in the saddle you pussy...

The constant babying and cooing at him makes me queasy...

I said that from DAY 1 of this duo's appearance on the show when many posters were slobbering over them as the "ideal couple."  

All I see with ALL the remaining 4 couples is enough misery to cause a thunderstorm of angst and grief on a continuing basis.  It's like they're all navigating a mine field, trying to avoid the inevitable explosion when someone's fragile ego is bruised or basic value system is glossed over or ignored.

Seeing all of them gives me comfort and joy that I was able to extricate myself from a similar situation (after many years of accepting the unacceptable and excusing the inexcusable) to live my life fulfilled and grateful without the constant stress and strain I see with this season's couples.

• Love 6

Thanks to the great comments, I determined that I had no reason to watch last night, so I didn't. This is the most thoroughly unlikeable group of people they have had in all the seasons I have watched (since Dallas with Ricky Bobby and Danielle). There were always one or two weirdos, but I have no emotional  investment in ANY of these couples, and regardless of what they say on Decision Day, or even the reunion, I expect that all of them will - and should - divorce.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, Shauna said:

Haley acting all surprised that Jake left without saying goodbye.  Why would he?  You two don't get along.  You can't stand the sight of him, but you're surprised he left without telling you?  Okay, Haley. 

That eye rolling of Haley’s makes me sick.  If she can’t stand him, be cordial, say hello and goodbye, and stop encouraging the rest of them to dislike him.  That’s being very immature and hurtful to him.  He did nothing to her to act this way.  Then she continuously belittles him in front of the others.  I think this is in her nature with everyone, being a mean girl. Her Mother seems the same.

• Love 13

Initially, I had hopes for Vincent and Briana because they were immediately attracted to each other.  I think it was mainly physical attraction and now that they're getting to know each other better, I'm not sure they'll stay together long term, even if they say Yes on Decision Day. 

The others?  Don't care.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

Thanks to the great comments, I determined that I had no reason to watch last night, so I didn't.

Wow! We are not the same. I just finished reading all the comments and now I want to watch it again to see things I missed. 🤣

44 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Why is Virginia always carrying that big blue jug around wherever she goes?  What’s in there?  Water or booze?

Ah! Rhetorical question, I see.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I took this show behind the barn and shot it almost a month ago but the comments are always entertaining and insightful so I stay involved vicariously! I don’t find anyone to root for, not even Vincent and Bri who had the best shot because his ego is so fragile. I’m glad they didn’t have Chris and Paige on at least to make this show more or a mockery than it is. They and more importantly, the experts just killed any good will I had toward this show. They take all the credit the rare times it works out but none of the blame when it doesn’t. 
I’m hooked on MAFS Australia these days, going through all the old episodes now. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Tonight at 9:00 p.m EST, Lifetime Channel. 

It’s on here on LongIsland, but no thread.  Where is the thread?  It’s not here tonight.  What kind of operation is this?  Very annoying,  and they don’t even have a heading on the top.  They just continue from the last thread, but not tonight.

On 4/21/2021 at 8:17 PM, gonecrackers said:

Otherwise Haley can't be any more fake; Jake speaks truth & knows just how fake she is. 

Haley should tell the truth about why she doesn’t like Jake. He is a two pump chump, whose sweat because of his diet, smells like rancid meat.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Shauna said:

Or stop drinking alcohol and start drinking water.  She's such a mess, isn't she? 

I had to fast forward through that scene.  No way, no how I could watch that. 

EriC is supposedly gone half the week for work. Why can't the cats sleep with VA when he's not around and when he is home, they sleep elsewhere?  I think that's a win-win for all involved.  But VA would disagree. 

Agree. I’m so annoyed at her lack of compromise on the issue. He’s allergic and simply asking for the cats not to be in the bed at night with them but she has to have them in her “crevices”. She’s a baby. I adore and love pets and am totally team pets as far as keeping them and not rehoming them because of erik’s allergies but Virginia needs to compromise with the living situation. She’s being selfish. 

• Love 11
7 hours ago, candall said:

I think it's hilarious that people on this board can match Clara with any of the other men.  Clara really is a good sort--she deserved much, much better than she got.  Clara's deeply grateful and emotional response to what was little more than A Thank You Note For You recitation was heartbreaking. 

I was reading this and agreeing with you that Clara could be matched with any of the other guys - she really could have!  She and Erik could have matched with their jobs and desiring to be together when they were off duty; she could have dealt with stoic, quiet Jake and talked over his awkward silences and enjoyed his silly house; she probably could have even coddled Vinnie and made him fell like the Cock of the Walk! (Up until now I only had matched her with Jake 😁.) I didn't even like Clara on her first appearance on this show, as I said then, but she has grown on me every week and I'd love to see her find her mate!

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, princelina said:

I was reading this and agreeing with you that Clara could be matched with any of the other guys - she really could have!  She and Erik could have matched with their jobs and desiring to be together when they were off duty; she could have dealt with stoic, quiet Jake and talked over his awkward silences and enjoyed his silly house; she probably could have even coddled Vinnie and made him fell like the Cock of the Walk! (Up until now I only had matched her with Jake 😁.) I didn't even like Clara on her first appearance on this show, as I said then, but she has grown on me every week and I'd love to see her find her mate!

But the problem with this is that none of them are her type - she asked for someone who looked “ethnically ambiguous”. Neither Jake nor EriK are that in any way. Vinny maybe, but I just don’t see her putting up with his nonsense- can you imagine him trying to get on that stand up paddle board? She would have left him pouting on the beach! 😂

The reality is that Ryan is actually her type, and they do have a lot in common. I’m just afraid the things that are different are too big and what’s putting him off. If they can overcome these things they might be the best couple in the long run  (sorry Bri and Vinny) because they actually already became friends. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 4/21/2021 at 4:59 PM, Cancun said:

Jake is showing his emotional maturity on Unfiltered. I’ll paraphrase, but here are two example of his insightful thinking:

“1. When Erik and Virginia fight over and over about her crashing on a guy’s couch, it’s not about that. They aren’t getting to what’s underneath that issue.”

“2. When Bennet (last season) wrote about the Pokémon card, he was acknowledging that lesson was too valuable to let stand. He would let his younger self know how to correct the mistake.”

I can’t wait until this mess is over, so we can hear how Jake really analyzes what happened with his marriage to Haley.

It's so easy to see another couple is arguing because of something else. All he saw was Haley wasn't attracted to him & that's it. That's their WHOLE issue. The end. 😂

• Love 5
On 4/21/2021 at 5:49 PM, Cancun said:

It drives me nuts that the wives are so candidly (and not softly) talking about their relationships with the guys sitting ten feet away at the table. I can’t believe Erik, for instance, doesn’t stop talking with the guys and completely key in on Virginia complaining about him.

Sounded like they were YELLING. It was too much. At least we didn't have another Brent & Olivia incident where someone overhears & gets their feelings hurt. 😅😂

• Love 1
On 4/18/2021 at 8:35 AM, humbleopinion said:

Clara and Ry..A new place to not have peen intercourse.

Erik and Ginny...New bars for her to get blackout drunk and for him to scold and harrumph.

Briana and Vincent...Pack the eggshells because "Puffed" PREGNANT Vinny is not going to get in a swimsuit.

Haley and Jake...Sore Grievances packed in their carry on and checked in baggage.

Paige and Chris... Bentley...want doggie footage of Mr. Bentley frolicking in the sand and surf.

Haley & Jake shouldn't even be going. They're sleeping separately, driving separately, sitting separately...  HELL! They're married, SEPARATELY!!! IT'S DONE! Just like Michael & Meka, Brandon & Taylor, & Henry & Christina. They shouldn't have gone. They should've been off the show weeks ago!

• Love 7
16 hours ago, nell said:

Jake, get some table manners!  Your fork is in your fist and you're all over the table with your arm.  I would hate to have a meal with you - grow up - get a book on etiquette if you don't know how to conduct yourself.  Haley's a pill, but no woman with any snap is going to go for a man who acts like a slob.

This proves he has eaten many meals alone, he has forgotten his company manners.  I went on a date with a guy who took the garnish off his plate and put it in the ashtray (this was a long, long time ago when smoking happened in restaurants), I told my mother about it and her answer is that he lived alone too long so his table manners were rusty, maybe that is a thing.

I hope his ride home was not too long because he did not have a cooler for the raw meat he took with him.  Eating 8 eggs and red meat daily, what do we think his cholesterol is reading?

Clara, the busted can of pop-n-fresh rolls...she has gained weight and needs to go up a size or two in her clothes, nothing she is wearing looks flattering on her, the boobs spilling out of that blue bathing suit was not a good look.  Also, I would not even want to have Ryan put his arm around me or kissing me acting like we are a couple, it looks fake and we all know he is doing the bare minimum physically so why pretend everything else is good?

Virginia, I will ring shame her all day long and she should throw the year 2000 shell choker in to the fire pit please. Her wardrobe is really bad, her face looks scarred from picking at it, please see a derm doc.  The twitchy, greasy, fast talking girl really captivates the pilot?  

Vinny, those rental horses used for a beach or trail rides are what we call "bomb proof," they are the been there, done that horses that have inexperienced riders on their backs all day and know the path, no steering needed, they will follow the leader, Vinny was being dramatic, I am surprised at the lengths that Bri will go to coddle him, I would not be able to be attracted to that manbaby.  That said, I was thrown off a seemingly bomb proof horse after a ground bee attack on his belly, that was an extreme situation and the ground was very hard but I survived but Vinny was in no danger and the sand is soft, lol.

• Love 7