Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E15: Retreat Ready

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I would be that "bitch on fire" if I had to be with Jake for 10 minutes.  So yeah, I'd welcome being called that.  😄

Then she should've opted out, but that would be less camera time for Haley & she can't have that.

Is Erik drunk already too?

I think all the alcohol is dehydrating & drying out VA's skin.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I don’t think we know that. She said she’s been single for 7 years, not that she’s been celibate for 7 years. Virginia has been single for years too but says she’s been promiscuous in that time.

I know .. just assuming.😀

• LOL 3

Virginia knows she doesn’t like Erik but I don’t think she knows she does t have to stay. I also get the vibe that Erik “my family owns a hangar” thinks Virginia is beneath him. Just a vibe I get - he’s never treated her as an equal.

They’re also a classic example of “actions speak louder than words” because they say they love each other but there is absolutely nothing loving about the way they interact. You see couples sometimes that aren’t talking but you can tell they love each other. I get none of that with them. They look like a couple on a first or second date, which is basically what they are.

• Useful 4
  • Love 16
7 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Then she should've opted out, but that would be less camera time for Haley & she can't have that.

Is Erik drunk already too?

I think all the alcohol is dehydrating & drying out VA's skin.

Virginia's  complexion on the beach looks a wee methy. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12

What's in VA's giant, opaque tumbler?  Would she want us to believe it's water?????   Me thinks not when others are drinking out of wine glasses, she's hiding alcohol.  

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Jake should have opted out, too.  He's done with her but he doesn't mind being on Unfiltered like she is, so I'd say he wants the camera time just as much as she does.    

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
32 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Man from the area in which the paper or news story is published. You see it in the news all the time. “Area man reports seeing Bigfoot.” 

Jake and Haley just hate each other. They’re that couple other couples hate to be around because they kill the vibe.

Briana: “He said what he said.” HA!

Jake & Haley should have stayed home.

• Love 13
Just now, LennieBriscoe said:

Virginia's  complexion on the beach looks a wee methy. 

Was just thinking “she has really bad skin.” Wondering if she passes out in her makeup when she passes out on her guy friends’ couches. Sleeping in makeup is terrible for the skin.

• Love 12
Just now, Crashcourse said:

Jake should have opted out, too.  He's done with her but he doesn't mind being on Unfiltered like she is, so I'd say he wants the camera time just as much as she does.    

I think they both belong on Unfiltered to each have their say, however, they are very done & shouldn't be at the retreat.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I think they both belong on Unfiltered to each have their say, however, they are very done & shouldn't be at the retreat.

Oh, I don't know. Watching H&J control themselves is highly entertaining! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, gonecrackers said:

But you were saying Haley should have opted out but she wanted camera time, and I'm saying he wanted the same thing.  

I agree they shouldn't be on the retreat though.  Game over.

• Love 5
Just now, Crashcourse said:

But you were saying Haley should have opted out but she wanted camera time, and I'm saying he wanted the same thing.  

I agree they shouldn't be on the retreat though.  Game over.

It was in response to a way you said you'd be with him, sorta justifying her behavior. So I'm just saying if she can't stand him then she doesn't need to be there. Make sense?

• Love 5
Just now, gonecrackers said:

It was in response to a way you said you'd be with him, sorta justifying her behavior. So I'm just saying if she can't stand him then she doesn't need to be there. Make sense?

Well you started it.  Make sense? 

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I don't blame Vincent for not wanting to ride the horse.  I rode one once and that was enough for me.  I like that he's admitting he's afraid.

I’ve never ridden one. I asked a friend of mine recently if he ever had & he said once, and it was “terrifying.” I don’t blame Vincent either.

• Love 11

I’m with Vinnie  here. I would not be want to be surprised by bungee jumping or jumping out of a plane either. Brianna shouldn’t expect that in ‘trying something new’ as that is too extreme IMO. 
This is so stupid that they’re having Haley and Jake do these ‘exercises’. 

Edited by Straycat80
  • Love 15

I think horses are BFAnimals, too! They scare me! 

I'm  beginning to see the madness in the method of TPTB: Engage the couples in activities where they can get bitten, drown, or suffer a concussion!

Chris should be there, haha!

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • LOL 14
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Oh, I don't know. Watching H&J control themselves is highly entertaining! 

Whaaat?  Haley looks like her head will explode.  All her guns are out.  I’m getting palpitations, lol.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Whaaat?  Haley looks like her head will explode.  All her guns are out.  I’m getting palpitations, lol.

I should have said "try to control themselves..."!

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • LOL 4

This entire bunch is boring the pure hell out of me. I’m dvr’ing the show right now but I doubt I’ll even watch it, I think I can get the gist of it by waiting till the weekend and reading all the posts here.

But I gotta say, if you guys aren’t watching MAFS Australia, you’re missing out. So much more entertaining, for one thing there are twice as many couples, and the format is totally different, in a good way. The show moves much more quickly from one couple to the next, and the relationships are actually interesting. A few sickos among them, but like I said, very entertaining 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

Ryan's letter brought Clara to tears because she's so desperate for some validation from him.

If they stay together there will come a day he'll say "fer sure" yet again & she's gonna hurl around & smack the shit outta him.

• LOL 12
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I’ve never ridden one. I asked a friend of mine recently if he ever had & he said once, and it was “terrifying.” I don’t blame Vincent either.

When you get on a horse, you realize how high you are.  I was afraid I would fall and break a leg or arm or head.

• Love 6

Clara is going to get her heart broken. Her tactic of mentioning her decision already had zee-ro effect on Ryan, beyond "That's sweet." 

I feel sad for Jake, kookie and quirky and odd though he is. 

Man, Vinnie is afraid even of crabs.

See, Haley? Jake is funny, and other people can "get" him!

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 18
2 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Great, 'experts' matched a cat owner with a person who's allergic to cats. 🙄😒

I was just thinking the same thing. Terrible job by the ‘experts’ matching these couples. And Virginia is choosing the cats over Erik. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
Just now, Straycat80 said:

I was just thinking the same thing. Terrible job by the ‘experts’ matching these couples. And Virginia is choosing the cats over Erik. 

I know it sounds terrible, but, she barely knows Erik & he keeps telling her he's "done" & she "can leave". I don't agree with her on some things but I would choose the cats too.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16
4 minutes ago, MyTwoCents said:

Yes, on my phone the names are now half covered by the initial but mine has always said how long ago it was posted. I’m sure they’re still working out the kinks of the recent update. 

All over my i- pad too.  A big initial covering my screen.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I know it sounds terrible, but, she barely knows Erik & he keeps telling her he's "done" & she "can leave". I don't agree with her on some things but I would choose the cats too.

I’m a cat person and have two, so I would choose the cats too. 

Edited by Straycat80
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

I hate cats (Virginia saying that hers sleep in her “crevices” completely grossed me out), so I’m already not being charitable, but couldn’t Virginia compromise and have them sleep elsewhere? When Erik was like “you just ... don’t let them sleep on the bed,” I thought “Right?” If he’s going to live with animals to which he’s allergic, I’d think she could at least let him have some peace at bedtime. My brother is allergic to cats and his friends with cats vacuum and keep the cats away from him (like, outside of the room he’s in) when he comes over.

• Love 14

OMG what are these enormous pop ups that are scaring the crap out of me then annoyingly impossible to get rid of? UGH!

Does Erik ever let up on poor Virginia?  If I were her I would have got out of the car on the way there , he is way too much.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Virginia is being 100% completely  unreasonable about her cats re: Erik's allergy! And sleeping in their bed?! "Oh, just take medicine!"

Just say "No," Erik. 

This is a hard situation, because you're right she shouldn't just assume he take meds, especially with his job. But her pets are very important to her, & they have a ton of issues as a couple that don't seem conducive to a long term relationship.

Ultimately the 'experts' are again at fault. But I'd be "asinine" to even consider that they match for drama... right, PCal??

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
8 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Virginia is being 100% completely  unreasonable about her cats re: Erik's allergy! And sleeping in their bed?! "Oh, just take medicine!"

Just say "No," Erik. 

Virginia, just take Clearasil for your face.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, endure said:

Haley lol thinks she just wants 'to live in the moment, have fun etc'....really??? that's just not even close to who you are Haley! 😅😂🤣

That's why I think Haley and Erik would have been a good match, they are both rigid in their thinking.

I think it's very important to Haley to have a husband who is presentable. She's embarrassed by Jake's quirkiness, but I'd bet would have loved to show-off a good looking pilot husband. 

• Love 23