Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E15: Retreat Ready

• Start Topic

The problem with Jake and Haley is that they're just constantly poking one another to provoke a reaction. They're both passive aggressive. The whole dinner thing could have gone differently if both of them were willing to make the effort:

Haley: Oh you're eating already?

Jake: Yeah, I try to stick to a  specific diet and I wasn't exactly sure when people would be here. 

Haley: I know this messes with your schedule. Do you remember we are supposed to make dinner for the group?

Jake: Of course. Tell me how I can help you with dinner.

(You get the point -- neither of them had to be as difficult at they were in that interaction!)

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I think that Haley simply regrets being intimate with a man she otherwise loathes---especially if she found the experience pleasurable. 

I think most men would find sex with a snowman or a block of ice more pleasurable than sex with Haley. . . 

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
55 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Too busy knocking spouses.  And killing crabs.

I, too, thought the house was GORGEOUS and VERY EXPENSIVE!  Every feature and amenity for a luxurious group stay at Hilton Head was attended to in the house and outdoors.

The decor was very beachy and the appointments (fixtures) very up-to-date and high style!

I was thinking the cost of a short "get away" there may be in the neighborhood of $1K/DAY on the open market (Air BNB type thing).  Am I way off on that quote???

I wonder if the owner comped the entire stay for the exposure on the show???

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

I, too, thought the house was GORGEOUS and VERY EXPENSIVE!  Every feature and amenity for a luxurious group stay at Hilton Head was attended to in the house and outdoors.

The decor was very beachy and the appointments (fixtures) very up-to-date and high style!

I was thinking the cost of a short "get away" there may be in the neighborhood of $1K/DAY on the open market (Air BNB type thing).  Am I way off on that quote???

I wonder if the owner comped the entire stay for the exposure on the show???

Somebody found the house on reddit yesterday. It was listed as 1.2K today the price has suddenly increased and the minimum stay extended, so it looks like it paid off if they comped the stay.

https://www.vrbo.com/en-au/holiday-rental/p1913714vb?adultsCount=1&noDates=true&uni_id=2476231

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
31 minutes ago, crazychicken said:

Somebody found the house on reddit yesterday. It was listed as 1.2K today the price has suddenly increased and the minimum stay extended, so it looks like it paid off if they comped the stay.

https://www.vrbo.com/en-au/holiday-rental/p1913714vb?adultsCount=1&noDates=true&uni_id=2476231

That sounds about right to me. 

As the property houses so many vacationers, it's easy to understand how people from all over the Country might think it's their perfect retreat!  (International interest would probably soar after the COVID restrictions are lifted).

When the cost is split so many ways, it's quite economical!  That kitchen alone was fabulous and, if money is no object, the entertaining possibilities seem endless!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, crazychicken said:

Somebody found the house on reddit yesterday.

I have never seen a triple bunk before...

On 4/22/2021 at 8:10 AM, psychoticstate said:

I understand that Virginia doesn't want to move into Erik's condo.  I also understand that Erik is saying he owns his condo and it would be foolish to sell it until he/they are sure this marriage will last.  He has said that he will give Virginia what she needs in order to live there so unless he's lying and/or saying something entirely different when the cameras aren't there, I don't understand what the issue is. 

Here's what makes no sense to me.  She said that the reason was that because his condo isn't good for her pets, but since she's already said that she won't put them in a basement or in a room, then exactly what is wrong with his condo and what will be any different in another house?

6 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

She said she falls in love with everyone and from her talking heads , I believe it . I realize a lot is edited to create a narrative but she does seem like she doesn’t require much from the men or the relationship to be in love with them . 

Yeah, she specifically has mentioned how Ryan treats her so much better than anyone else has, so what on earth was she falling in love with in terms of all the other guys?  I like her, but I really think she needs some help in terms of dissecting like, love, and lust.

• Love 12
20 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

If that were the case, Helley would probably have been happy to announce it, including on Unfiltered. She doesn't strike me as the type to hold back. She was drunk during the sex anyway, so maybe not the best judge, or best at all, herself. Maybe she's embarrassed about a big queef or fart during sex with a guy she ends up not liking & can't immediately get away from, so she's lashing out... 🤷‍♀️

Jake mentioned earlier in the season he was adding back in different foods (which has to be little at a time), so hopefully those include veggies. Since he trains it's not surprising he's heavy protein, which could be a paleo diet now for all we know. It seemed like he was eating crab but of course cameras don't linger on him eating anything but steak & eggs. 🤨

The crab thing made me sad & want to become vegetarian. Helley was a bit too excited to get in there & give that one crab a too drawn-out, painful death, sorta like what she's doing to Jake right now. The guy already said he feels dead (sign of being subject to a toxic person) but she took that whole retreat to keep plunging in extra daggers. 👿 I don't blame him for getting the fuck outta there early.

Why is it anyone’s business what Jake eats.  That’s his prerogative.  Why is it Haley’s issue?  Why is it anyone business what Haley says.  Because it affects Jake and everyone.  I’m wondering how the sex went.  Did they both remember? Was it enjoyable for her .. for him?  Even when you are drunk, you do it.  She must have wanted it.  After that, things went south.  I actually don’t think Jake hates her.  I do think Haley hates him because he has her number and told her several times.  He didn’t sugar coat her.  He told her the truth about herself, and she can’t take that, because she is wonderful.  I don’t see the other guys anything special.  Some are quite annoying IMO.  Jake probably didn’t even want to go on the trip, but he did and was very cordial and nice to everyone.  He went along with the games and wrote her a nice note.  Plus, I think he looked cute thruout.  She had to get all her hate out in front of everyone.  So mature, like he said.  Mean girl.  Just maybe, something happened the night they had sex.  If so, I wish one of them would come clean.  They were the only two that were interesting to me this season.  Btw, I think if the bracelet were a necklace, it could have been worn with the dress.  It was small enough to go in between the V of her dress.  It’s the brides day and anything goes.

24 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Why is it anyone’s business what Jake eats.  That’s his prerogative.  Why is it Haley’s issue?  Why is it anyone business what Haley says.  Because it affects Jake and everyone.  I’m wondering how the sex went.  Did they both remember? Was it enjoyable for her .. for him?  Even when you are drunk, you do it.  She must have wanted it.  After that, things went south.  I actually don’t think Jake hates her.  I do think Haley hates him because he has her number and told her several times.  He didn’t sugar coat her.  He told her the truth about herself, and she can’t take that, because she is wonderful.

OMG, the above was my post yesterday that went into space.  I’m sooo happy.  Thanks Primetimer fairies.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 10

I do wonder why Jake left without so much as a text to Haley.  I don't like her at all, but he at least owed her an explanation.  Production obviously knew he was leaving, as they were there to film it, so it's possible he asked them to tell her.  

I bet we'll find out there's a simple explanation:  he got a work email saying he needs to get back ASAP, or his dog sitter said his dog is sick, something like that, and he had to leave.

Agree with others re:  his diet.  Who cares?  Guy has a ton of muscles and eats Keto.  So sue him.

But I don't get the Haley making dinner by herself thing.  It was supposed to be a couples' event, so even if he had eaten his 8 eggs (I eat 3 at a time myself, female), he still could have/should have helped.  Even if Haley hadn't reminded him, or he had forgotten....dude, get up and help.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Love 8

Sadly, I get the feeling that if they are to continue their relationship, the cops will be involved in Erik & Virginia's relationship at some point. Either it will be a domestic where they snap(😕) or it will be a situation where Virginia takes Erik out drinking and she can't keep her mouth shut towards someone like with Chris in Vegas. She is an immature know-it-all & doesn't know when to keep her mouth shut. That's been shown already.  In Vegas, even Clara knew when to back off of Chris but Virginia keeps going, showing that immaturity.  I just get this nasty feeling. 

• Love 11

Re:  Virginia and the cats.  I don't care for her or Erik, but I empathize with him, as I'm highly allergic to cats, and there's not enough medicine to make it bearable.

I'd never make someone get rid of their pets, and I can appreciate the way Erik approached this:  let's figure out a way we can live together, keeping the cats in a separate part of the house.

He'll still have to take meds, but it won't be as severe.

Virginia:  Zero empathy.  Sorry, bud.  Cats sleep in my "crevices".  Mmmmkay.

I dated someone who had 2 cats that he adored.  He kept them in another room when I came over, and I had regular visits with an allergist.  We each did our part to empathize with one another.  We had a horrible breakup (not cat-related), one of those yelling, screaming, ugly breakups.  Several months later, he called me crying, as one of his cats had passed, and he knew I'd understand how broken he was.  I cried with him.

• Love 9
58 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

He told her the truth about herself, and she can’t take that, because she is wonderful

Yes! & As Jake said, when Haley was "trying," it was fake. She tried to defend herself by calling her faking for camera "trying," but Jake knows behind closed doors what was going on and she was only around for filming. That's being FAKE. She never even slept in the same bed when there was a choice.  She waxed poetic when it came to what she "learned about herself" during this experiment in her true competitive spirit-saying ALL the generic things you're *supposed* to say. Her "team" took a loss when GENUINE & very much *not* fake Jake couldn't come up with a similar generic MAFS answer. Some are calling Jake all these things alluding to immature, impolite, uncaring, etc. What I've seen is a guy at wit's end just responding in an expected way considering what he's been dealt. When someone snipes at you & criticizes you & you smile & take it,it would be extremely creepy & robotic.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, Kdawg82 said:

Yes! & As Jake said, when Haley was "trying," it was fake. She tried to defend herself by calling her faking for camera "trying," but Jake knows behind closed doors what was going on and she was only around for filming. That's being FAKE. She never even slept in the same bed when there was a choice.  She waxed poetic when it came to what she "learned about herself" during this experiment in her true competitive spirit-saying ALL the generic things you're *supposed* to say. Her "team" took a loss when GENUINE & very much *not* fake Jake couldn't come up with a similar generic MAFS answer. Some are calling Jake all these things alluding to immature, impolite, uncaring, etc. What I've seen is a guy at wit's end just responding in an expected way considering what he's been dealt. When someone snipes at you & criticizes you & you smile & take it,it would be extremely creepy & robotic.

She tried???  I didn’t see her try.  Again, she drove alone to the retreat like she rode alone on the plane from Vegas.  Plus, I hated the way she jumped up n down like a little kid when they won the game.  She always has to win at everything.  This mess was at Jakes expense.

• Love 10
58 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

I do wonder why Jake left without so much as a text to Haley.  I don't like her at all, but he at least owed her an explanation.  Production obviously knew he was leaving, as they were there to film it, so it's possible he asked them to tell her.  

I bet we'll find out there's a simple explanation:  he got a work email saying he needs to get back ASAP, or his dog sitter said his dog is sick, something like that, and he had to leave.

Agree with others re:  his diet.  Who cares?  Guy has a ton of muscles and eats Keto.  So sue him.

But I don't get the Haley making dinner by herself thing.  It was supposed to be a couples' event, so even if he had eaten his 8 eggs (I eat 3 at a time myself, female), he still could have/should have helped.  Even if Haley hadn't reminded him, or he had forgotten....dude, get up and help.

For all we know, he may have mentioned it to her the night before.  I don't trust her to be honest about what happens between the 2 of them.

Agreed on the diet talk too. And he has been eating other things besides eggs and steak, we've seen it.  He said he was adding different foods back into his diet, I don't know why that can't be believed.

As someone mentioned upstream, Haley only seems to want to make snide and condemning comments to him, so why would he want to spend any time with her. 

I think he went to the retreat to enjoy the company of the other couples and was just staying away from the thorn in his side wife.

37 minutes ago, Kdawg82 said:

Sadly, I get the feeling that if they are to continue their relationship, the cops will be involved in Erik & Virginia's relationship at some point. Either it will be a domestic where they snap(😕) or it will be a situation where Virginia takes Erik out drinking and she can't keep her mouth shut towards someone like with Chris in Vegas. She is an immature know-it-all & doesn't know when to keep her mouth shut. That's been shown already.  In Vegas, even Clara knew when to back off of Chris but Virginia keeps going, showing that immaturity.  I just get this nasty feeling. 

or she drives drunk and ends up killing someone

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, cinsays said:

For all we know, he may have mentioned it to her the night before.  I don't trust her to be honest about what happens between the 2 of them.

Agreed on the diet talk too. And he has been eating other things besides eggs and steak, we've seen it.  He said he was adding different foods back into his diet, I don't know why that can't be believed.

As someone mentioned upstream, Haley only seems to want to make snide and condemning comments to him, so why would he want to spend any time with her. 

I think he went to the retreat to enjoy the company of the other couples and was just staying away from the thorn in his side wife.

or she drives drunk and ends up killing someone

I think Erik just was thrilled to get someone young .. a little girl.  You could see it the minute he saw her walk up the aisle.  He’s a pilot. What ..he couldn’t see someone else on the plane that was mor suited to him.  Someone more mature?

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

I think Erik just was thrilled to get someone young .. a little girl.  You could see it the minute he saw her walk up the aisle.  He’s a pilot. What ..he couldn’t see someone else on the plane that was mor suited to him.  Someone more mature?

Yes, and when she was hanging all over him, starting at the reception, that clinched the deal for him.  He never felt so desired and he liked it.

• Love 13
14 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Remember when Jake had the gang over to his home for food and chat? 

So does he. 

He did?  I don’t remember.  Did he serve food?  Did Haley help?  Maybe that’s the time I got the first shot and was in bed.  First shot had side affects.  Second .. nothing.  Maybe because I drank lots of water.  Whatever.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Nancybeth said:

The problem with Jake and Haley is that they're just constantly poking one another to provoke a reaction. They're both passive aggressive. The whole dinner thing could have gone differently if both of them were willing to make the effort:

Haley: Oh you're eating already?

Jake: Yeah, I try to stick to a  specific diet and I wasn't exactly sure when people would be here. 

Haley: I know this messes with your schedule. Do you remember we are supposed to make dinner for the group?

Jake: Of course. Tell me how I can help you with dinner.

(You get the point -- neither of them had to be as difficult at they were in that interaction!)

And part of that convo could have been Haley asking what they could fix that Jake could/would eat.

• Love 4

I’m starting to get a little worried for Haley. The Haley I see on MAFS is a pretty normal person, kind of basic, but not especially evil or cruel. She’s just in a bad situation and handling it imperfectly. But some of the claims I’m seeing about her are just outrageous, like I honestly wonder if my FiOS is getting a different version of the show to stir up chatter. But it’s to the point where I worry that she might need a restraining order, except I don’t know of any jurisdiction that will issue one against “the general public” or “internet mean girls.”

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, cinsays said:

Yes, and when she was hanging all over him, starting at the reception, that clinched the deal for him.  He never felt so desired and he liked it.

This is why I was very surprised this episode to hear GINny complaining about how Erik is all over her physically and she wants him to back off.  I wonder if now he is all over her because the physical all they have anymore, and he has taken it too far because that's what he does.  Pretty much every point or complaint he has, has been legit, but he often presents them in ultimatum/overbearing ways.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

On Erik & Virginia & cats: 

Erik could've shut this down with one question/comment (though knowing VA, I doubt she would let it lie). He could've said "well the cats rely on you to sleep with them...so what are they doing on those nights you crash at your buddies' places after nights out?...let's do the same with the cats as they have on those occasions." This is a medical issue for Erik. There are no excuses as to why she shouldn't compromise.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

I think that Haley simply regrets being intimate with a man she otherwise loathes---especially if she found the experience pleasurable. 

I'm not a betting person, but as a female I know looking at her expressions, there is NO way she got any pleasure from that experience, only regret. Half the time she looks ready to vomit around him.  

I think most men would find sex with a snowman or a block of ice more pleasurable than sex with Haley. . . 

Funny how he kept trying to get more (before claiming he was never attracted in the first place). And his diet is boring, his gut is boring, his house is boring, Jake is boring. These are the riveting aspects of his personality to be dissected and debated?? ZZZZZ 

That is not to say Haley is the epitome of charm and class, she's not. She has plenty of growing up to do and my guess is, is not really suited to marriage period. The winning at all costs thing is odd. Women like her, who have achieved a degree of career success and independence, can have a hard time (similar to many bachelors) adjusting to marriage and compromise. But his super-snide, argumentative side absolutely brings out the worst in her (and vice versa). Seeing the two of them carrying on at a "retreat," I was embarrassed for them and felt bad for everyone who had to politely sit there watching that uncomfortable display. My 15 year old and her friends conduct themselves with more maturity and compassion, and that's saying something. If either were my child, I would tell them I raised them better (and to have more sense than ever get married at first sight, but that would be an earlier conversation). 

That being said, I can't really blame Haley for not want to hear Jake relive his greatest grievances hits on a long plane or car ride either: The bracelet! Attraction! It's Just a Hug! As though endlessly rehashing them will lead to some sort of resolution or apology. It's just not going to happen. Oh, and if he is 39 I am 29 (I am 51). 

But it’s to the point where I worry that she might need a restraining order, except I don’t know of any jurisdiction that will issue one against “the general public” or “internet mean girls.”

Agreed — hearing the ferocity with which some people attack someone they have never met reminds me of Two Minutes Hate from 1984 (except it never ends!). I mean, it's obvious Jake rubs me the wrong way, but I realize what I know of him is not a mirror image of who he actually is, e.g.., it is possible to dislike him without tearing him apart completely.

Ironically, the crabs exhibited the most humanity for me this week. Of all the brides and grooms (except maybe Clara), they get the most sympathy from me.

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, Mrs. Button said:

Agreed — hearing the ferocity with which some people attack someone they have never met reminds me of Two Minutes Hate from 1984 (except it never ends!). I mean, it's obvious Jake rubs me the wrong way, but I realize what I know of him is not a mirror image of who he actually is, e.g.., it is possible to dislike him without tearing him apart completely.

I agree.  I've been pretty hard on Jake but I'm going to restrain myself from hurling vitriol at him from now on, especially now that we're (thankfully) coming to an end.   This hasn't been a pleasant season overall.  

I'm still gonna call him Jakeandeggs though.  😉

• LOL 7
7 hours ago, cinsays said:
hours ago, Starlight925 said:

Expand  

But remember he said he was done on Day 4.  Right after they slept together , he was done.  The million dollar question .. what exactly happened that night?  Either she was not satisfied or he wasn’t satisfied.  Or, what else can it be for him to say “Day 4” ?

23 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I can see why Jake wouldn't want to help Haley in the kitchen - she would probably tell him he is doing everything wrong and make fun of him. And then tell everyone how he couldn't even boil water for pasta or something.

So she made a dinner.  So what.  It gave her another thing to bitch about.  Boy, she really enjoyed killing those crabs.  I’m surprised she wasn’t jumping up n down with joy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, cinsays said:

4 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

This is why I was very surprised this episode to hear GINny complaining about how Erik is all over her physically and she wants him to back off.  I wonder if now he is all over her because the physical all they have anymore, and he has taken it too far because that's what he does.  Pretty much every point or complaint he has, has been legit, but he often presents them in ultimatum/overbearing ways.

I think they had amazing sex from the beginning and that blinded them to each other's faults.

Eric's ex wife was gorgeous but Ginny would also fall into the category of his type, as a decently attractive dark haired white woman. She would look a million times if she took better care of herself but she would be considered "cute" or attractive to a lot of people.

I also agree with the poster who noticed he loved the fact that she seemed so young.

I think Ginny realized some of the issues from the beginning but Eric was still trying to "win" or save face in front of the cameras for a long time and claimed everything was great until very recently.

4 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I’m starting to get a little worried for Haley. The Haley I see on MAFS is a pretty normal person, kind of basic, but not especially evil or cruel. She’s just in a bad situation and handling it imperfectly. But some of the claims I’m seeing about her are just outrageous, like I honestly wonder if my FiOS is getting a different version of the show to stir up chatter. But it’s to the point where I worry that she might need a restraining order, except I don’t know of any jurisdiction that will issue one against “the general public” or “internet mean girls.”

I think on this show, the person who rejects another person will always look a jerk, even if their rejection is reasonable.

It is obvious to most people that if Hailey says yes, that Jake would be over the moon and very happy with his marriage.

Haley does not like him and the fact that she acts civilly to him "will make her fake" and if she is annoyed with him "it will make her cruel". 

It is really a no win situation and people need to think about that when they go on this show. The party who is rejected usually gets the lion share of the sympathy.

Chris and Hailey are both similar in that they did not like their chosen spouse and probably feel (rightly or wrongly) that they can do better.

Chris cooked up a fake pregnancy and has acted like a giant asshole to get out of his marriage while Hailey is just running down the clock to D-day.

I think if the shoe was on the other foot...being that Haley was really into Jacob and he wanted nothing to do with her after they had sex....most people would hate him.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

But it’s to the point where I worry that she might need a restraining order, except I don’t know of any jurisdiction that will issue one against “the general public” or “internet mean girls.”

Well, except all these people 1) signed up; 2) are getting paid; and 3) know that cameras are rolling. Restraining orders are not for people who are volunteering for abuse - but I get your point. (I think some of these folks are going to regret doing this show for the rest of their lives. Especially in the career arena.)  The world is very different now - fortunately or unfortunately - a false move or word can ruin your life.  If a person can't trust themselves to be careful in word and deed, they shouldn't sign up to have a camera follow them around (or even be on any type of social media). 

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Does anyone remember what episode Jake had them all over to his house?

Pretty sure it was ep 9 Three Little Words as that was the one where Paige was done with the douchebag and then production sent her back in and she caved

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, qtpye said:

It is really a no win situation and people need to think about that when they go on this show. The party who is rejected usually gets the lion share of the sympathy.

You are right, it’s very tricky when it’s a bad match and I think that’s exactly why the producers do it every season. I’m trying to think of any couples who came out of that unscathed and it’s a pretty short list: Will husband of Jasmine, Danielle wife of Cody. Henry husband of Christina (although she was insane, so he had some help). Keith husband of Iris. Anyone else I’m forgetting?
Haley could have chosen to be nice and polite and ride this out. I think Jake would have gone along with that if she had just been honest about everything instead of constantly insisting she was trying while at the same time dragging him at every turn. I really think they are both more likeable when they are not together. It would have been better if they had been allowed to split like Chris and Paige.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

You are right, it’s very tricky when it’s a bad match and I think that’s exactly why the producers do it every season. I’m trying to think of any couples who came out of that unscathed and it’s a pretty short list: Will husband of Jasmine, Danielle wife of Cody. Henry husband of Christina (although she was insane, so he had some help). Keith husband of Iris. Anyone else I’m forgetting?
Haley could have chosen to be nice and polite and ride this out. I think Jake would have gone along with that if she had just been honest about everything instead of constantly insisting she was trying while at the same time dragging him at every turn. I really think they are both more likeable when they are not together. It would have been better if they had been allowed to split like Chris and Paige.

Lord, I remember Henry's phone ringing off the hook as people were wishing him a happy birthday and one of his friends sending him a birthday cake (pandemic so people could not go out...particularly in New Orleans). and Christina still having no inclination to wish him a happy birthday.

I appreciate the list and bow down to your memory.

However, speaking of people that still got a sympathetic edit even if they were not attracted to their match...has this ever happened to a woman?

The closest thing that I can think of is Jaimie and Doug and that is mostly because Jaimie eventually "came around".

Haley might experience some hate but hopefully it will die down quickly.

I also do not believe Jake's protests that he was not attracted to her, at first. I think he did really like her and is pretty disappointed that the feeling is not mutual (understandable).

Jake will probably have a lot of women calling for him after the show. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, crazychicken said:

Pretty sure it was ep 9 Three Little Words as that was the one where Paige was done with the douchebag and then production sent her back in and she caved

Thanks so much.  I’m going to look right now.

Brides who got good edits despite not liking their grooms

Meka the Exasperated and If My Lips Are Moving I'm Lying... Michael

Olivia, I'm Too Good 4U and Brett, the role model for Jake to learn to be gracious

Unscathed couples

Tito's Jacklyn and  Basement Ryan

Bus Tom and Luxury Brands Lily

Sonia, Fraidy of Doggies and Nick, Too Gentlemanly to Admit to Sex

Jacklyn with the Thick Fingers and Fireman Ryan with 3 other jobs

7.5 Amber and Dance Lesson Meltdown Dave

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, qtpye said:

However, speaking of people that still got a sympathetic edit even if they were not attracted to their match...has this ever happened to a woman?

The closest thing that I can think of is Jaimie and Doug and that is mostly because Jaimie eventually "came around".

Karen wasn’t attracted to Miles. I didn’t even think she would stay married to him in the end. That relationship lasting still kind of shocks me!

• Love 8
12 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Brides who got good edits despite not liking their grooms

Meka the Exasperated and If My Lips Are Moving I'm Lying... Michael

Olivia, I'm Too Good 4U and Brett, the role model for Jake to learn to be gracious

Unscathed couples

Tito's Jacklyn and  Basement Ryan

Bus Tom and Luxury Brands Lily

Sonia, Fraidy of Doggies and Nick, Too Gentlemanly to Admit to Sex

Jacklyn with the Thick Fingers and Fireman Ryan with 3 other jobs

7.5 Amber and Dance Lesson Meltdown Dave

I loved Jacklyn Tito’s and basement Ryan with the fake teeth?  She wound up liking him, but he married someone else. The good ole days.  Dave, the sweating guy?  Hahaha. Loved them all.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Airy2021 said:

Karen wasn’t attracted to Miles. I didn’t even think she would stay married to him in the end. That relationship lasting still kind of shocks me!

Production probably made her look indifferent throughout.  She’s all over him now.  Trickery I say.

• Love 5

I went back to episode 9.  It started with Haley buying Jake the shirts.  They, or should I say Jake, started talking calmly about her sleeping over at Paiges the night before.  As usual, she gets very combative whenever he brings up a point.  She just cannot let the guy talk about anything.  She challenges him at every point.  She was very nice and bubbly with the girls, but it doesn’t look like she’s comfortable talking to men.  Thanks @crazychicken.  It was at Jakes house.  Good episode.

• Love 6
On 4/23/2021 at 12:35 PM, Devvie said:

ou know, I've been thinking that too... and I felt bad for thinking it.  But, it does. And her jittering around and talking a mile a minute.  Drunks don't do that jittering thing unless withdrawing.  

Drunks also don't talk super fast like that. They slur. I'm thinking Adderall during the day, booze at night. JMO

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I loved Jacklyn Tito’s and basement Ryan with the fake teeth?  She wound up liking him, but he married someone else. The good ole days.  Dave, the sweating guy?  Hahaha. Loved them all.

That was a weird one. She was not attracted to him at the wedding but he thought she was gorgeous. Then as time went on she totally fell for him and he totally did not like her. I remember in the reunion the experts begging her to give him one more chance at a nice dinner paid for by the show. They both agree to it and he stands her up.

That was the horrible second season follow up to a pretty good first season.

I think this season, Brianna/Vinnie, Virginia/Eric, and Clara/Ryan will definitely stay together till the reunion. They will probably show up on Couples Cam next year.

I do think at least one of the couples will get divorced in the next 2 years or so.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, qtpye said:

That was a weird one. She was not attracted to him at the wedding but he thought she was gorgeous. Then as time went on she totally fell for him and he totally did not like her. I remember in the reunion the experts begging her to give him one more chance at a nice dinner paid for by the show. They both agree to it and he stands her up.

Jacklyn, on biz trips didn't know Mr. Too Big Veneers was leaving the basement and staying with his gf during filming.

The leopard print purse and kitty shower curtain he gifted Jacklyn were cheap and tacky.

From a product placement standpoint, Jacklyn did a great job for Tito's by getting free publicity for the booze albeit on a low rated basic cable teevee show.

• Love 2

I am DYING to hear Jake and Haley’s answer Wednesday night.  They should write the answers on a card, then show them at the same time.  What if the first one says stay married, then the other says Divorce?  It makes one look stupid.  I think we all know the answers tho.  If she was a little nicer, I think he would want to try again.  She rather be with girlfriends.  It’s so obvious.  Then again, he said it was like one long bad date.  He took lots of crap from her.  Some men would have told her to fuck off, but at least he was a gentleman.  She had an answer for every little thing he said about things.  All to her advantage, as she just has to be the winner in all things.  P.S.  I just can’t picture her as a Mother for some reason.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

I think this season, Brianna/Vinnie, Virginia/Eric, and Clara/Ryan will definitely stay together till the reunion.

I think they will all say "Yes, stay together" on decision day except Haley and Jake of course. I don't think any of them will last to the reunion unless Lifetime offers bonuses if they stay   through the reunion. Then they will all splitsville. 

• Love 5
On 4/21/2021 at 9:45 PM, Straycat80 said:

I was just thinking the same thing. Terrible job by the ‘experts’ matching these couples. And Virginia is choosing the cats over Erik. 

And she should.  Smartest decision she could ever make.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 4/22/2021 at 4:42 PM, Crashcourse said:

Even if the producers gave Jake and Haley no choice but to go to SC, they still looked stupid going in separate vehicles.  

I'm pretty sure Haley will have no problem with him getting his money back when she returns the damn bracelet to that cro magnon. 

It was a looooong car ride.  I would have had extreme anxiety being in a long car ride if I were either one so I could understand why they drove separately.

• Love 6
On 4/22/2021 at 1:16 AM, Jeanne222 said:

One time my horse loving friend convinced me to get up on her 90 year old horse!  To this day I remember feeling like I was sitting on top of the world!  Get me off now!  So I feel his pain.  Scared is scared.

I wonder if Virginia or Eric filled out questionnaires about pets and allergies?

I feel bad for Clare.  She so wants Ryan to love her and honestly I don't think he knows how!

Brianna has to know by now living with Vincent will always be walking on thin ice and having to always live in his world.

Jacob and Haley deserve each other!

I would not get on one!  I can't even get on the back of a golf cart.

On questionnaires, they can't call themselves "experts" if very basic, fundamental things aren't being asked or they ignore the very basic things like children, religion (well, mainly if not being religious is a deal breaker), pets.   Of course, I believe every contestant that goes on this show is on for fame first, relationship next.  And if they've watched the show before, they would have to realize compatibility isn't what they are going for.  So I feel less sorry since it's a crapshoot anyway, but it annoys me to no end that they purposefully ignore the pet situation and other very important things. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Boo Boo said:

It was a looooong car ride.  I would have had extreme anxiety being in a long car ride if I were either one so I could understand why they drove separately.

Yeah, that's why I said they shouldn't have gone in the first place because when they arrived there, I'm sure the other couples sensed the tension.  Maybe it was producer driven that they had to go, but I still think driving separately was stupid.

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Love 5