Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E13: Anne

• Start Topic

Oh Red, Dembe warned you that you're going to get that nice lady killed.

Speaking of people Red should have listened to but didn't...was Mr. Kaplan's body ever found after she jumped? I've always sort of hoped that she's still alive but in hiding and she'll show up again before the show ends.

Oh crap, Lizzie's back. Well, it was nice while it lasted.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
41 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

My favorite episode since neither Lizzie nor the team were present.

Funny that. Maybe they can end the whole story, kill Liz and have Red and Dembe move to Boston and start a Law Firm.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1

9 in a row with no Liz! 

Seeing Dembe anxious to get through the meeting/to catch a plane, he must have had his own booty call to attend in the next town.

Police Officer Lois is Anne's best friend, overprotective, concerned for her safety and never thought to run a background check on Raymond Reddington? 

Lois couldn't say goodbye to Red at Anne's house. She must have lost the card game last night.

Look at church going Anne......thinking of sex when hearing "output connector". I think Red wanted his "output" connected and she didn't get the numerous hints.

Tofurky sandwiches???? C'mon Red! Live a little! You're in Kansas.. get some ribs!!!

It took Neville 5 trips to determine Red's pattern and he couldn't devise a better plan to get him!

Why are these assassins role playing as technicians? They had a free shot at Red at night when he was asleep on Anne's lap. These fools must have rented the van, gear and was determined to use them no matter what the right decision is!

Poor Anne had to see Red kill a woman. Wonder if it made her a little hot for Red.

Where did the shop owner run off to when Red kicked her out? Obviously not the police station. She must have gone to a local bar or "browsing" at her competitor's shop.

Anne! Please stop asking Red "Who are you?" and just read the damn "FBI Most Wanted" Poster. 

Police chief is on the ball. Red had a better chance hiding out in a supermarket. Is the Chief's last name Ressler?

This is the only time I'm thanking Neville's sniper for taking out the the foolish Chief while he was giving that long winded monologue.

The dumbest police force ever!!! Took a while for one to think of getting the automatic weapons! Standing up when bullets are flying. Going outside in harm's way. They have one key to the holding cell (cheap to make duplicates)! Wonder how many bottles of moonshine passes through Cottonwood Falls on a daily basis!

If Neville and men didn't decide to do the "slow motion walk", they probably wouldn't have given the state police and FBI extra time to get there.

Unreal!!!! The bullet-ridden police station has only ONE bullet proof glass and it's on the holding cell door!

At least Lois had some sense of duty/integrity to try to arrest Red with her bad leg. Of course she failed to deliver but it's the thought that counts! Can't say the same for Cooper and his team's efforts!

Anne/Red decides to go back to her place as if they didn't think Neville wouldn't have any body waiting there. 

Is there still a dead body somewhere on Anne's property or did Red dump him in her neighbor's yard? 

So Liz just went to Anne's place to hold a gun to her head and wait for hours..... knowing Red was going drive for miles, turn on the radio to hear the right song, get weak in the knees, make an illegal U-Turn (Of course no cops around to give a ticket. Either dead or in the hospital) and return for his love???!!!! Did Liz learn how to tell the future during her time away?

I almost thought Red was going to walk in and find Anne's dead body or her with another man.

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

Good episode although as noted above, the exclusion of Lizzie and the FBI makes it so much better.

Reddington said there was a cat! Can it be? Can it really be?

When Red and Lois ducked outside to grab the keys they were fully exposed and there was only a glass door between them and the bad guys. However, the bad guys politely refrained from shooting.

I guess no one in Townsend's crew has heard of grenades. They don't have to be the shrapnel kind, some flash bangs would have made it a pretty short siege.

Speaking of the siege, I think it was done in real time which was a nice touch.

Not quite sure what happened at the end there with Anne's sudden change of outlook. Stockholm syndrome? Also did Red just decide to hide in the trunk of Lois' car in the hopes that Lois would tell Anne to take it?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

Anne! Please stop asking Red "Who are you?" and just read the damn "FBI Most Wanted" Poster. 

Didn't she know his real name? Or at least the name Raymond Reddington? Did she never Google him?

That cop that tried to leave the police station only to get gunned down was an idiot.

• Love 3

I haven’t finished the episode, but had to come here and say I cannot believe how awful Kathryn Erbe looks.  I mean, props to her for not being plastic, but she really has not aged well.  I was shocked when she came on screen.

Now to finish and see how screwed up the episode is...

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Didn't she know his real name? Or at least the name Raymond Reddington? Did she never Google him?

That cop that tried to leave the police station only to get gunned down was an idiot.

I believe she knew. At the card game, the guy called him "Ray". He made 5 previous trips to see these people, they should have had a clue.

The cop was so stupid. To find out he had two kids made his decision more idiotic.  

If there was no budget for extra keys, it makes sense that no kevlar was lying around...

Red had a flashback montage to Angel In The Morning that was the opposite of Deadpool

• Love 3
9 hours ago, mxc90 said:

The cop was so stupid. To find out he had two kids made his decision more idiotic.  

There was a Silence Of The Lambs shout-out... the slightly smarter - but still dead- cop was named Pembry

• Useful 1
16 hours ago, mxc90 said:

If Neville and men didn't decide to do the "slow motion walk", they probably wouldn't have given the state police and FBI extra time to get there.

They are watching the wrong movies. Neville wants to be Director Krennic from Star Wars: Rogue One instead of O.G. T-800 from Terminator who would drive through the fucking front door...

• LOL 3
(edited)
On 4/16/2021 at 8:37 PM, NeenerNeener said:

Oh crap, Lizzie's back. Well, it was nice while it lasted.

Are we sure it's Elizabeth Keen ? All we saw was an arm holding a gun -- arm-Lizzie ? 
And what exactly was arm-Lizzie's plan if Red didn't turn around -- how long was she going to wait ?

Are we sure it wasn't Flizzie again, with Lizzie remotely connecting through Flizzie's eyes by way of those fancy contact lenses ?

On 4/16/2021 at 10:04 PM, mxc90 said:

Anne/Red decides to go back to her place as if they didn't think Neville wouldn't have any body waiting there. 

Yeah, why did Townsend and his men just give up entirely ?  They could have taken a few more cracks at Reddington after they left the police station by, you know, following Anne.

On 4/16/2021 at 10:59 PM, dwmarch said:

Reddington said there was a cat! Can it be? Can it really be?

That's almost a shoutout about Robert Vesco's Cat -- that counts since it's the closest we've come in a few seasons.

Still no sign or mention of Agnes or the dogs.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, KaveDweller said:
23 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Along with a few others, including "Just call me angel of the morning" Red.

On 4/16/2021 at 11:42 PM, CSunshine76 said:

I haven’t finished the episode, but had to come here and say I cannot believe how awful Kathryn Erbe looks.  I mean, props to her for not being plastic, but she really has not aged well.  I was shocked when she came on screen.

I know!!! I was shocked also! Ding ding...

• Love 1
On 4/16/2021 at 9:06 PM, milkyaqua said:

So my channel konked out but which version of Angel of the Morning did they play?  Merrilee Rush or Juice Newton's?

Not looking forward to Liz coming back.

Pretty sure it was the Merrilee Rush version.

9 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Yeah, why did Townsend and his men just give up entirely ?  They could have taken a few more cracks at Reddington after they left the police station by, you know, following Anne.

"Bird watching" Anne must have called in some favors, sent a Fork-tailed Flycatcher and some tough crows to scare Neville's men waiting at the house and report back when all is clear. 

• LOL 2
50 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

"Bird watching" Anne must have called in some favors, sent a Fork-tailed Flycatcher and some tough crows to scare Neville's men waiting at the house and report back when all is clear. 

Unfortunately, the birds failed to see Liz...

10 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Still no sign or mention of Agnes or the dogs.

Maybe they were in the trunk with Red

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, paigow said:

Unfortunately, the birds failed to see Liz...

The "Wicked Witch" was on her broom higher up so the birds couldn't see her. She knows that area of Kansas well.

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 1

Hoping that next week brings about the end of Lizzie.

Loved this episode--my favorite this season!  

I kept waiting for Dembe to come out of nowhere to save Red at the station or Anne's house.  

• Love 5
13 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

And what exactly was arm-Lizzie's plan if Red didn't turn around -- how long was she going to wait ?

She was calling every radio station in Kansas requesting that song...

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 4/16/2021 at 11:42 PM, CSunshine76 said:

I haven’t finished the episode, but had to come here and say I cannot believe how awful Kathryn Erbe looks.  I mean, props to her for not being plastic, but she really has not aged well.  I was shocked when she came on screen......

Ditto on Kathryn Erbe. Wow. That first closeup was unfortunate. However, she was perfect in the police support role. I still watch L+O: CI regularly in syndication. Goren and Eames were the best detectives for sure in that series. IMO. The episode where Eames uncovers the husband (Joe) real killer still a favorite.

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, milkyaqua said:

In the promo for next week SPOILER ALERT****************************

Fixed it for ya.  My week is ruined, vacation’s over.

20 hours ago, milkyaqua said:

I was able to watch the epi and did see they used Merrilee's version.

It was Merilee’s.  

The writers are probably hoping that the viewers are as dopey as they and the fbi are and will forget all about lizzie’s felonies and welcome her back as if nothing has happened, while moving on to another bs initiative/device/archive.  They will be right btw.  

Remember the harbormaster she murdered?
Remember the AG she murdered?

On 4/16/2021 at 7:04 PM, mxc90 said:

The dumbest police force ever!!!

See, the problem with TV cops is that they never, ever watch cop shows on TV.

On 4/16/2021 at 7:04 PM, mxc90 said:

I liked the one where Reddington had a shock of long hair.

• Love 1

So Liz is now working/directing Townsend who just killed three police officers.  Are they really gonna just hand wave this away when she shows up again or are the FBI going to realize she's a flat out criminal now and stop calling her "Agent Keene". 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I really liked the episode.  Sure there were a lot of stupid choices made by characters that made absolutely no sense.  Nevertheless, I think they should get rid of Liz and the FBIers and just do a road show with Dembe, Red, and Anne (oh, and the cat and dogs).

• Love 6

I watched this episode yesterday.   At first I wasn’t sure it was a regular episode.  It seemed so different from how most of the episodes are......such an improvement.  I read it had a different director. 

Does anyone recall when Spader was quite the ladies’ man?   I kept thinking about that.  

• Love 5
6 hours ago, paigow said:

Technically, Tom killed the harbormaster, she watched.

Yes I remember.  Thanks Q.

She was only an accessory to that one.

Edited by CaptainE
23 hours ago, Msample said:

So Liz is now working/directing Townsend who just killed three police officers.  Are they really gonna just hand wave this away when she shows up again or are the FBI going to realize she's a flat out criminal now and stop calling her "Agent Keene". 

They're too dumb to do this.  Which is what some keep pushing to the side because they like Liz.  This show as ridiculous as it is and has been for some time, is going to have to jump through hoops, do back flips and give everyone shock therapy in addition to the stupid pills they're already taking to justify Liz coming back and working with Red on a case of the week basis.

I'm used to shows changing or forgetting their past and retconning or in the case of some shows you get new show runners who just go with their thing and toss what was laid down before, but Bokenkamp and TPTB just aren't even caring about any sort of logic, continuity, etc.  Throw it at a wall and see what sticks, yeah, let's go with that.

Can Ressler et al finally stop pretending Liz is a good guy who only  wants justice for her mother? Or that everything she does is okay because it’s Red? The woman is holding a gun to an innocent woman’s head. And as others have pointed out, is an accessory to the murder of police officers. She can’t just ‘come home’ unless home = prison. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

Hey, that would make a good spin off series.

Andy Dufresne Elizabeth Keen came to Shawshank Prison in early 2021 for murdering the attorney general, and abandoning her dogs and Robert Vesco's cat.

On the outside, she'd been an vice-president of a large Portland bank FBI Agent. Good work for a woman as young as she was, when you consider how the FBI was back then.     :)

• LOL 3

I finally got to watch this episode last night and am glad I did. It's maybe my fav or one of my favorite episodes ever, all Red and no Keene or Cooper or any FBI doofs. I was really touched by Red and Anne's relationship and glad she helped him out at the end. But at the very end, when Red spun the car around and went back to Anne's, was it because he realized She Who Should Not Be Mentioned would be there? I just wanted him to pull out a pistol and shoot her dead, then drive away with Anne into the night.

That would be a happy ending to this series from me.

• Love 4
On 4/16/2021 at 8:42 PM, CSunshine76 said:

She just needs moisturizer. 

5 hours ago, saber5055 said:

But at the very end, when Red spun the car around and went back to Anne's, was it because he realized She Who Should Not Be Mentioned would be there?

The "fugitive" wasn't the reason. After hearing the song, he either got the feels and wanted to see Anne again or just went back for his toothbrush.

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 3