Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 4/12/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, April 12 – The Political View with Former Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives John Boehner (Author, “On the House”)

Tuesday, April 13 – Catherine Zeta-Jones (“Prodigal Son”); Wes Moore (Author, “Five Days”)

Wednesday, April 14 – Topher Grace (ABC’s “Home Economics”)

Thursday, April 15 – Chelsea Clinton (Author, “She Persisted”)

Friday, April 16 – Yvette Nicole Brown (“Big Shot”)

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

They better sneak in a few 'View Your Deal' s from Oprah and Gretta - otherwise I'm boycotting the show.

Wouldn't it be funny if their research shows ratings are up NOT because of the tension Meganutz brings to the show, not because of the guests, not because of the political topics...but because of 'View Your Deal' segments ? A daily garage sale is what is pulling the audience in by the millions??? 😛😄

• LOL 8

I actually like all the guests other than Tuesday's. I meant to watch Topher Grace's Home Economic' premiere this past Wednesday, but missed it. I don't know if the show's any good yet, but I thought the advertisements were surprisingly interesting for a sitcom.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, falltime said:

Monday, April 12 – The Political View with Former Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives John Boehner (Author, “On the House”)

Tuesday, April 13 – Catherine Zeta-Jones (“Prodigal Son”); Wes Moore (Author, “Five Days”)

Wednesday, April 14 – Topher Grace (ABC’s “Home Economics”)

Thursday, April 15 – Chelsea Clinton (Author, “She Persisted”)

Friday, April 16 – Yvette Nicole Brown (“Big Shot”)

Considering how Joy mocked Boehner's propensity to cry, that should be interesting but I am sure they will both laugh about it.

OTOH,  MeAgain had a recent todo with Chelsea Clinton on twitter.

Awkward Ed Helms GIF by The Office

• Love 8
3 hours ago, bannana said:

Considering how Joy mocked Boehner's propensity to cry, that should be interesting but I am sure they will both laugh about it.

Eh, Boehner is trying to sell a book. He’ll be on his best behavior. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, Axie said:

I wonder if Chelsea Clinton will mention that she's been in politics since she was in the womb.  Probably not.

Lol! And she was actually first daughter eight years and has an infinitely more famous name. 

• Love 20

I don’t care what Boehner has to say. He was part of the problem then bailed and left the country to deal with the carnage.

Oh, for God’s sake, you can’t have bipartisanship if one party has said over and over that there is no way they will agree to anything. Boehner knows very well that any negotiations are just a delaying tactic and they’ll all vote no anyway. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 2
  • Love 19

The first two segments of the show were very triggering for me.  I was under no illusion that the country was going to change overnight due to the unrest last year over George Floyd.  It still hurts to hear of a young Black man being killed over nothing and that video of that active military man being disrespected while wearing a uniform while shocking is not surprising.  Black men wearing suits have been treated the same. 

• Love 8

Boehner can miss me with his "both sides" nonsense. Yes, the Democrats have their imperfections, but what's the "bipartisan" answer when one party wants to ban abortion and the other doesn't? Or fund a social safety net and one doesn't? Or believes in science and one doesn't? Meghan may have fond memories of behind-the-scenes friendships with MyFather, but is that even possible when some politicians are trying to subvert fair election results?

I'm glad Sunny pointed out the incompatibility of working with "One Term" opposition.

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Love 23

I'm no fan of Boehner at all (never was, never will be), but kudos to him for holding his own with the panel and not back-pedaling on any of his past behavior. He stood by his past actions, he stood by his claims in his book -  I appreciated that, and I think Whoopi and Joy did as well.

As for Meganutz ass-kissing (she really hopes that little DC restaurant keeps that dinner on the menu - the one named after him!) , I could've done without it.

As for Whoopi and Sunny, they were understandably very passionate about the young black man who died, and the active military man being pepper-sprayed. It was horrible to review these stories - especially about the young man who was killed for no reason. I'm sure they share that same passion for the 66 year old UberEats driver Mohammad Anwar, and the events of his death. I mean Sunny reiterated today that she is constantly worried about her son Gabe, and what can happen to him behind the wheel of a car -  I'm sure Anwar's death frightens  her even more.

PS - Congrats to Meganutz today for looking 'somewhat' normal !

27 minutes ago, HerkyJerky said:

Did Meghan just say IUD’s instead of IED’s? WHAT??

She certainly did! I picked up on it.

Edited by LetsStartTalking
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, HerkyJerky said:

Yes, I just came here to mention that.

Also, did Whoopi not listen to or understand Sunny's second legal announcement? The Virginia police officer that pepper-sprayed and handcuffed the Black Army lieutenant during a traffic stop was fired, not let off the hook.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Also, did Whoopi not listen to or understand Sunny's second legal announcement? The Virginia police officer that pepper-sprayed and handcuffed the Black Army lieutenant during a traffic stop was fired, not let off the hook.

With all due respect, getting fired for what he did to the lieutenant and not getting arrested, is exactly getting off the hook, in my opinion. He will be working in another department in another town by the end of the month. Meanwhile, the black man will live with this trauma for the rest of his life and he has no guarantee he won't be targeted again.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
17 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

With all due respect, getting fired for what he did to the lieutenant and not getting arrested, is exactly getting off the hook, in my opinion. He will be working in another department in another town by the end of the month. Meanwhile, the black man will live with this trauma for the rest of his life and he has no guarantee he won't be targeted again.

I agree with you, but in the past bad cops remained on full pay while the investigations take place.  This is a start.  But we will need to pay attention to the investigation to make sure it does not evaporate.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, HerkyJerky said:

She also asked Boehner to "extrapolate" on his story about a congressman putting a knife to his throat. I think the word she was searching for was expand.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Or, Meghan, how about no HUMAN BEING needs to be treated like that Army officer was.  That uniform likely saved his life. 

Exactly. My heart broke because this man is a human being! We get you love the military Meghan. You’re just as shy about bringing that up as you are about MyFather. 

I love how Joy bats for people of color. We need more Joys out there. I recently cut someone out of my life because she’s one of those “we all have problems. We all deal with rude cops. I’m tired of being called a racist and everything being racial. Black people aren’t all sweet and innocent.” It’s such a slap in the face to the black community. 

• Love 20
56 minutes ago, bannana said:

She also asked Boehner to "extrapolate" on his story about a congressman putting a knife to his throat. I think the word she was searching for was expand.

I laughed out loud at that.  Meghan should stick to using small words she knows the meaning of.  Using big words that are not in the correct context of the conversation just makes her sound stupid.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

From the article:

That's not to say McCain didn't unintentionally express her privilege of being a white woman while sharing her thoughts. "If I said, 'I'm scared' to a police officer, I hope they'd say, 'There's nothing to be scared of. We're just trying to figure this out. We're just trying to work it out,'" she said. "And I think you can believe and respect the integrity of our law enforcement and also recognize that there's serious systemic issues that have gone unchecked and this is just not how we treat our veterans. It's not how we treat our soldiers."

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainment/tv/news/the-view-meghan-mccain-calls-out-virginia-cops-who-pepper-sprayed-army-medic-shame-on-them-video/ar-BB1fzMK4?ocid=msedgdhp

• Useful 3
Just now, njbchlover said:

I laughed out loud at that.  Meghan should stick to using small words she knows the meaning of.  Using big words that are not in the correct context of the conversation just makes her sound stupid.  

On twitter she is mocking someone for using the word "resplendent" incorrectly. 

schitts creek comedy GIF by CBC

• LOL 11
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

The episode occurred in December, and neither officer was suspended or punished in any way. They just fired the loud mouth cop this weekend, IMO, because Reddit posted a link to the city info so people could call and demand both cops be fired. They’ve been payed this entire time.  The View didn’t show the part where loud mouth references the electric chair. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, bannana said:

expound would work too!

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, bannana said:

Or perhaps elaborate?  FFS just say "explain" or "talk more about".  I am not a political analyst on national TV and was taught in elementary school to use words that I know the meaning of, rather than using large words I don't really know.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
6 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

As for Whoopi and Sunny, they were understandably very passionate about the young black man who died, and the active military man being pepper-sprayed. It was horrible to review these stories - especially about the young man who was killed for no reason. I'm sure they share that same passion for the 66 year old UberEats driver Mohammad Anwar, and the events of his death. I mean Sunny reiterated today that she is constantly worried about her son Gabe, and what can happen to him behind the wheel of a car -  I'm sure Anwar's death frightens  her even more.

Mr. Amwar’s death was a tragic murder.   But he was not murdered by the police.   He was murdered by criminals who happened to be teenaged girls.   Those criminals are in jail where they belong.   While the police.....    So I’m not sure if the analogy is apples to apples.   

Sunny is fearful for her son because her son is often in similar situations as the other gentlemen mentioned.   Sunny’s son is not an Uber driver and while I’m sure she and Whoopi share the general disgust we all share about senseless crime in this country, she might not relate this story directly to her son.    

Edited by After7Only
  • Love 16

MM on what went on with the video released this weekend - all about the military... sorry but he was foremost a human and not certainly did not have her privilege. Like - DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM!!!

Love Joy...she and Boehner call each other by first names. Think of the fun photo at the restaurant in the Hamptons. But Joy can still ask the questions needed for her.

MM - Speaker Boehner...hit's out at Biden. John does not necessarily agree. My family...Daddy took me everywhere! They duked it out! Went out for drinks! (I imagine she thinks he is her friend...and fool around in the Hamptons like the night he ran into Joy).

Sarah's question about Cruz was great! Lucifer in the flesh.

Sunny's questions about Obama and Clinton were great as well.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, After7Only said:

Mr. Amwar’s death was a tragic murder.   But he was not murdered by the police.   He was murdered by criminals who happened to be teenaged girls.   Those criminals are in jail where they belong.   While the police.....    So I’m not sure if the analogy is apples to apples.   

Sunny is fearful for her son because her son is often in similar situations as the other gentlemen mentioned.   Sunny’s son is not an Uber driver and while I’m sure she and Whoopi share the general disgust we all share about senseless crime in this country, she might not relate this story directly to her son.    

And this is also a crazy story. WTF! What is going on with those young teens?

But yes, not the same as being pulled over for no license tabs and for air fresheners hanging on your mirror. And then being murdered by cop. It is now officially being called a homicide.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Love Joy...she and Boehner call each other by first names. Think of the fun photo at the restaurant in the Hamptons. But Joy can still ask the questions needed for her.

That picture showed Joy can be friendly with and enjoy someone who is of a different political persuasion.  Meghan trying to get Boehner to bad mouth President Biden (who Meghan claimed to be a very dear family friend before he ran for President) showed she cannot and will not be friendly with someone who doesn't agree with her politically.  If she wants to bemoan the divisiveness in this country she only needs to look in the mirror to see the cause.

And I bet it irks Meghan to no end that John Boehner knew Joy and they crossed paths in the Hamptons.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 23
14 hours ago, After7Only said:

You don't have to be an Uber driver to be carjacked by teens with stun guns. Any driver - including her son - can be in that driver's position. It's too bad they have yet to give Mr. Amwar the same respect. A heinous crime which Sunny the prosecutor hasn't mentioned, though anyone in her family could suffer the same fate.  JMO.

• Love 2

Sure, Meg, let’s blame the Dems for the lack of gun control legislation. I don’t know what Tim Scott’s bill says, but if Uncle Lindsey and McConnell endorse it, it must be terrible. And Barbara Eden wants her Jeanie ponytail back. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, LetsStartTalking said:

You don't have to be an Uber driver to be carjacked by teens with stun guns. Any driver - including her son - can be in that driver's position. It's too bad they have yet to give Mr. Amwar the same respect. A heinous crime which Sunny the prosecutor hasn't mentioned, though anyone in her family could suffer the same fate.  JMO.

But crime happens every day; should Sunny bring up each incident? Should she simply stick to crimes that happen in New York, or does it make sense to list every violent crime that happens in the US? What about the rest of the world? Where do you think the line should be drawn?

Police brutality against Black men (among others) in this country has been a major news issue at least since the George Floyd protests, and a relevant news story for a lot longer. It's not at all odd to me that a show like The View is focusing on it.

• Love 24
23 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Sure, Meg, let’s blame the Dems for the lack of gun control legislation.

She said this with a straight face?  Has she been hitting Whoopi's stash?  I think we all know who is responsible for no meaningful gun control legislation being passed.

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

But crime happens every day; should Sunny bring up each incident? Should she simply stick to crimes that happen in New York, or does it make sense to list every violent crime that happens in the US? What about the rest of the world? Where do you think the line should be drawn?

Police brutality against Black men (among others) in this country has been a major news issue at least since the George Floyd protests, and a relevant news story for a lot longer. It's not at all odd to me that a show like The View is focusing on it.

Carjacking by two teens with a stungun doesn't happen every day. Sunny mentioned this morning she's even worried about her son going to the car wash. This could happen to him there, too.  I'm curious why they are ignoring this on the show.

35 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Sure, Meg, let’s blame the Dems for the lack of gun control legislation. I don’t know what Tim Scott’s bill says, but if Uncle Lindsey and McConnell endorse it, it must be terrible. And Barbara Eden wants her Jeanie ponytail back. 

I'm curious - if Meganutz hires a nanny at home, or a babysitter for the night, or invites an overnight guest, or anyone into her home with any children at all - does she worn these people that she and her husband 'have a lot of guns in the house' like a responsible citizen is supposed to do ? I doubt it.

BTW, I liked the intro today....when they were discussing the police shooting of the 20 year old, they had the somber piano music playing. As soon as they mention CZJ as a guest, the hi-n-rg music kicks in and the verse 'World's gone crazy...I'mma go change the view'. 

Edited by LetsStartTalking
3 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Carjacking by two teens with a stungun doesn't happen every day. Sunny mentioned this morning she's even worried about her son going to the car wash. This could happen to him there, too.  I'm curious why they are ignoring this on the show.

Statistically Sunny's son Gabriel has a much higher chance of being murdered by a police officer than he does being carjacked. I think that's another reason why The View chooses to focus its crime coverage on police brutality, rather than carjackings. 

Edited by heysmilinstrange
  • Love 20
1 minute ago, heysmilinstrange said:

Statistically Sunny's son Gabriel has a much higher chance of being murdered by a police officer than he does being carjacked.

Statistically, yes. But the possibility is still there  - wrong place, wrong time like the poor Uber driver and his survivor.

I think Gabriel has an even higher chance of dying in an auto accident by a drunk driver, or a texting driver, etc.  Sunny can't spend her days worrying about everything as soon as he grabs the car keys.

37 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

Statistically Sunny's son Gabriel has a much higher chance of being murdered by a police officer than he does being carjacked. I think that's another reason why The View chooses to focus its crime coverage on police brutality, rather than carjackings. 

Also, random car jackers are not charged with protecting and serving the public. Perhaps ABC could block about 5 hours per day to report on every crime that occurs in the country? Maybe that would satisfy those who feel slighted by all the coverage of police brutatlity and murders by them of unarmed black people.

Edited by GiveMeSpace
  • Love 20

I really don't mean to insult anyone who has been enjoying this week's shows and I realize it's The View, a show that has always covered current events, but, I just can't handle this week.  I watch to at least have a little escapism, a little lightness. It's way too dark for me this week.

3 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

That picture showed Joy can be friendly with and enjoy someone who is of a different political persuasion.  Meghan trying to get Boehner to bad mouth President Biden (who Meghan claimed to be a very dear family friend before he ran for President) showed she cannot and will not be friendly with someone who doesn't agree with her politically.  If she wants to bemoan the divisiveness in this country she only needs to look in the mirror to see the cause.

And I bet it irks Meghan to no end that John Boehner knew Joy and they crossed paths in the Hamptons.  

“Uncle Joe” Uncle Joe”...until it doesn’t fit her narrative for her tribe.  

• Love 11