Type keyword(s) to search

iMedia

Kromm

11 hours ago, Cranberry said:

iZombie has been renewed for a fourth season! I don't have an article link yet, but the official Facebook page announced it two minutes ago.

Yay!!!  I love this show!!

• Love 1

Malcolm Goodwin will be appearing as the special celebrity guest on the June 19th episode of "Whose Line Is It Anyway?".  It airs 9 PM Eastern on June 19th.

For those not familiar with this incarnation of the show, they have the old improv veterans (always Ryan Stiles and Colin Mochrie, usually Wayne Brady, and 1 rotating 4th slot) doing most of the performing.  In the 2013 CW revival, they add in a special guest star (usually from one of the CW's other shows) to do a few games with them.  The guest stars don't usually do much, because they aren't strong improvisers, but they're around and sometimes it's fun to see an actor from another show just kind of hanging out and having fun.

• Love 2
On 6/9/2017 at 7:22 AM, Thrifty said:

The guest stars don't usually do much, because they aren't strong improvisers, but they're around and sometimes it's fun to see an actor from another show just kind of hanging out and having fun.

It's fun when thew guest stars get into it.  Tony Hawk was a dud, but the Bella Twins were having fun and being a hoot. (The sex jokes when the guest(s) is an attractive woman are a bit old, though.

(edited)

Malcolm was on Whose Line Is It this week -- he was a good sport, but improve is not his strong suit!

At one point, he, Wayne Brady, Gary Anthony Williams and Aisha Tyler were all on stage -- four black people -- causing Gary to say "Legally, we probably have to move to another network!"  LOL

Edited by jhlipton
  • Love 3
On 6/23/2017 at 5:52 AM, jhlipton said:

Malcolm was on Whose Line Is It this week -- he was a good sport, but improve is not his strong suit!

At one point, he, Wayne Brady, Gary Anthony Williams and Aisha Tyler were all on stage -- four black people -- causing Gary to say "Legally, we probably have to move to another network!"  LOL

The celebrity guests never are.  They usually just kind of stand around trying to participate and not really contributing.  Will Wheaton was on last week, and he was a rare exception.

6 hours ago, jhlipton said:

Yuck.  I'm done with Blaine's Daddy Drama.

I wish I had more than six thumbs to point down about this revelation. Knepper is fine in other stuff, but that facet of Blaine's life is so uninteresting to me. Anders already chews plenty of scenery in a way I enjoy. I don't need his dad eating into that delightful ham time. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Delwyn said:

I wish I had more than six thumbs to point down about this revelation. Knepper is fine in other stuff, but that facet of Blaine's life is so uninteresting to me. Anders already chews plenty of scenery in a way I enjoy. I don't need his dad eating into that delightful ham time. 

Agree. It's like the "Blaine and slightly older Blaine" show.

I'm trying to convince myself that it's better news than Dohring being promoted to series regular, but maybe that already happened.

7 hours ago, Thrifty said:

The celebrity guests never are.  They usually just kind of stand around trying to participate and not really contributing.  Will Wheaton was on last week, and he was a rare exception.

Wheaton was amazing!

• Love 1
(edited)

Oh lord now I am going to have to finish out the season. I was halfway through the LARPing episode and paused to see if there was news about renewal or cancellation thinking if it was cancelled I would delete the unwatched episodes and pretend it ended last season! I am not sure if its because I am a masochist or so optimistic that I am hoping the writers can turn it around. I do think the show would be vastly improved if the writers had a firm end date that they could work towards.

Edited by biakbiak
38 minutes ago, RayAdverb said:

Ooh.  A fifth season means that feral zombies can ravage the United States while Liv spends the whole episode talking like Yosemite Sam after consuming the brains of  guy who mildly enjoys chili cook-offs.

I'm in! 

• Love 4

While I haven't been quite as down on this current season as others, I do think that the show is showing signs of running out of steam, so I'm fine with the fifth season being its final one.  I hope Rob Thomas and the crew go all out, and give the final season a kick in the pants and give the show a proper send-off.

• Love 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, RayAdverb said:

I'm glad to hear that.  They can wrap this all up.  I do hope the producers don't try to do something stupid like introduce a cliffhanger at the end of season 5 to try and convince fans to pressure the network into a 6th season.

When they announce this far in advance I can’t imagine anyone who wants to work again would do that. 

Edited by biakbiak
14 hours ago, RayAdverb said:

I'm glad to hear that.  They can wrap this all up.  I do hope the producers don't try to do something stupid like introduce a cliffhanger at the end of season 5 to try and convince fans to pressure the network into a 6th season.

That would be the dumbest thing ever to do, there are no excuses for trying to pull a cliffhanger when you've barely gotten a final season this far in advance.

6 hours ago, nosleepforme said:

I don't think they are going to do a cliffhanger now that it is been announced as ending. I think it's the right time to end it, especially since they already had a lot of back and forth with the cure and major characters turning human and then back into zombies. 

I think the best endings are both. Think of the end of Angel, they are poised to start an apocalyptic battle, it doesn't look like they will survive, but they are going out heroes. Still, if they survive there is plenty of story (and fairly good, short term anyway, as the comics showed). The best stories have wrapped up some things with enough leftover to still have one foot raised to take the next step forward. 

1 hour ago, Affogato said:

The best stories have wrapped up some things with enough leftover to still have one foot raised to take the next step forward. 

It doesn't have to be forward. Sledge Hammer wrapped things up pretty solidly, then came back with a prequel season.

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Is the comic still around? If so, maybe it will continue where the show left off, like the Buffyverse comics did.

That would be jarring.  The comic nothing in common with the show except the name.

(edited)

I am glad they get a chance to wrap it up properly, because it really only has one more season in it.

Since the show jumped the shark at the end of last season there has been a dramatic fall in quality, and they have dead-ended themselves in terms of potential plot developments. Either it becomes an international zombie-pocalypse (but with one business-as-usual Police precinct where everyone seems oblivious to the outside world, except when the bad-half of the plot requires them to take notice), or they find a cure.   

Edited by Pindrop
On 5/19/2018 at 12:46 PM, Pindrop said:

I am glad they get a chance to wrap it up properly, because it really only has one more season in it.

I see no reason why this series couldn't keep going if they ditched the apocalypse threat and just made it a quirky detective show. Psych went for 8 seasons despite the annoying immaturity of the main character,. Liv's visions would be real and her personality changes could keep things fresh, they way Monk would switch up which of the title characters phobias to weave into the story.

9 hours ago, LoneHaranguer said:

I see no reason why this series couldn't keep going if they ditched the apocalypse threat and just made it a quirky detective show. Psych went for 8 seasons despite the annoying immaturity of the main character,. Liv's visions would be real and her personality changes could keep things fresh, they way Monk would switch up which of the title characters phobias to weave into the story.

That was kind of my point, that with the zombie reveal they essentially wrote themselves into a cul-de-sac. 

(edited)

I think in theory they could write themselves out of it.

Say they find a cure. Then they have the issue of whether people want it or not. They could use Liv to search for zombies who refuse the cure. There could be a resurrection of "zombie island" and stories about how they solicit brain donors (I still think it was a missed opportunity to show PSAs for organ donation, which could have been actually funny). They could have a case of the week like they used to, or a serialized story like they do now. There could be a zombie wing of the military or a new entertainment industry of extreme sports for people who really like the gore/thrill involved when zombies get injured and then recover. They've hinted at some of these ideas, and I'm sure there are lots of other possibilities as well.

The real problem, I think, is not a lack of potentially interesting stories, but a question of whether they team is using that potential effectively.

Based on the ratings, it seems like the audience has said no.

Edited by possibilities
3 hours ago, possibilities said:

I think in theory they could write themselves out of it.

Say they find a cure. Then they have the issue of whether people want it or not. They could use Liv to search for zombies who refuse the cure. There could be a resurrection of "zombie island" and stories about how they solicit brain donors (I still think it was a missed opportunity to show PSAs for organ donation, which could have been actually funny). They could have a case of the week like they used to, or a serialized story like they do now. There could be a zombie wing of the military or a new entertainment industry of extreme sports for people who really like the gore/thrill involved when zombies get injured and then recover. They've hinted at some of these ideas, and I'm sure there are lots of other possibilities as well.

The real problem, I think, is not a lack of potentially interesting stories, but a question of whether they team is using that potential effectively.

It's a very niche show, especially coming from Rob Thomas, it wasn't going to last long, it's only made it this far being a CW veteran show that just barely got a final season.

4 hours ago, possibilities said:

Getting political may have been a mistake.

39 minutes ago, LoneHaranguer said:

Getting political may have been a mistake.

Izombie worked better as a smaller story, trying to go beyond that made things more complicated and messier than it needed to be (ex. Filmore Graves plot, etc.).

• Love 3
On 5/22/2018 at 3:32 PM, Free said:

Izombie worked better as a smaller story, trying to go beyond that made things more complicated and messier than it needed to be (ex. Filmore Graves plot, etc.).

Shows always go off the rails when they try to expand things like that. It did work better before.

On 8/22/2018 at 6:40 AM, AnimeMania said:

Some website posted a date when iZombie will return, not sure how accurate it is 4-22-2019.

May 2nd is what I found when I googled.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Anela said:

Shows always go off the rails when they try to expand things like that. It did work better before.

Yeah, I understand the idea to expand the scope each season, but it worked better when it was a smaller scale.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

Some website posted a date when iZombie will return, not sure how accurate it is 4-22-2019.

Can't wait for it's return, love this show!

On 3/1/2019 at 5:40 PM, Anela said:

May 2nd is what I found when I googled.

It was 8 months ago when I posted that and the correct information had since been added.

The CW has confirmed that iZombie Season 5 will premiere on Thursday, May 2, 2019, at 8/7c.

• Love 4