Type keyword(s) to search

iMedia

Kromm

A better analogue would be the guy playing Elijah on The Originals, I think in addition to being in the main cast there, he's also on some Canadian show in the regular capacity. But we don't really know the plan for Lowell, it's quite possible his arc will be finished by the season finale. I definitely prefer him over Major as Liv's love interest, if we have to have one.

• Love 3

That's awesome! I really hope that next season, the show will become more serialized and dive deeper into mythology. I do enjoy case of the week episodes, but it could be so much more!

I wonder if we'll get 13 or 22 episodes.

That's awesome! I really hope that next season, the show will become more serialized and dive deeper into mythology. I do enjoy case of the week episodes, but it could be so much more!

I wonder if we'll get 13 or 22 episodes.

It's understandable why Thomas and Ruggiero were gunshy about serializing too much. It may be one thing Veronica Mars fans loved, but it also burned them by making VM seem totally inaccessible to people who weren't along for the whole ride.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think we live in different times now, it's been years since Veronica Mars. Most young people can easily find a way to watch missed episodes of serialized shows (and 49+ watchers don't matter anyway for the ratings). I mean, look at Arrow/The Flash, they are definitely way more serialized than iZombie, but both did start with stand-alones. I expect this show to follow a similar model.

And also, on modern CW, Veronica Mars would have probably never been canceled. And never got meddled with the way season 3 had. Thank God Ostroff's days are over, I just hope it's not too late and it won't cease to exist next year. I think I watch more The CW stuff than any other network.

Edited by FurryFury

I hate the entire idea of "endgame" pairings -- they've ruined several shows I watch. Luckily, this is an actor saying this, not Rob Thomas, and we know from Veronica Mars that Thomas is not afraid to scrap the "endgame" pairing if it's not working out.

• Love 3

I wonder if he might be trying to deflect attention. He was off social media for a while during Merlin after rabid shippers were nasty to his girlfriend.

I never saw Lowell as long term, tbh. I think his function was to wake Liv up to her possibilities as a zombie and throw a few monkey wrenches into the plot. He's been very successful with the first, and it looks like tonight is the start of the second.

• Love 3
(edited)

Alan Sepinwall's season finale review plus thoughts from executive producers Rob Thomas and Diane Ruggiero-Wright (from June 9). There are some spoilery things.

The discussion that starts with this was interesting: "We had massive, huge, drawn-out, painful conversations with Standards and Practices."

Edited by dcalley
  • Love 3
(edited)

Here is the SDCC panel. I think the most important take away for me (on the shallow, shallow end of the pool) is that the actor that plays Major is super hot.  If they let him look like this in the show, I feel like I would have warmed to him much quicker (but I am super easy.) Oh,

and Payton will be back

Edited by gik910
  • Love 2

I'm not as charmed by him as the producers seem to be. Presumably he was a popular character in some other show I didn't watch? Because they don't seem to feel as if they have to work very hard on Blaine to make him compelling to watch, and I think that's not working out for them as well as it might.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 1

Mo Ryan (god, I love her), 10 best new shows

“iZombie,” CW: This show has been one of the most consistently entertaining diversions of the year, and while Rose McIver is certainly excellent as the lead, the show’s supporting cast — Rahul Kohli, Robert Buckley, David Anders and Malcolm Goodwin — have just been killing it (so to speak).
Edited by Julia
  • Love 2

Speaking on a panel at the 2016 TCA Winter Press Tour on Sunday, CW president Mark Pedowitz addressed the renewal status...

"I think [creators] Rob Thomas and Diana Ruggiero have done a terrific job. I think it’s stronger this year. I think Malcolm, Rose and Rahul have done a great job in terms of what they’re going for … Look, I think the show has a very good shot at third season and I’m really proud of that show."

source