Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: All That You Can't Leave Behind

• Start Topic

Trishelle is a trash friend. Glad she was sent home. It shocked me how many people were rooting for her.. Now I'm really curious who quits.

Love the aftershow, love that Devyn is hosting. That said, they're going to get real old with Jisela talking way too much. Shut up & let others speak. 

• Love 3

I totally get the Trishelle/Katie thing. It's very true to life. Some friendship dynamics work in your 20s and when you re-visit them...they don't.

But again, not sure why there was no mention of Trishelle's relationship with Arissa and Alton. They were all on Vegas together.

• Love 3

I'm glad they highlighted Darrell and Kendal's friendship - they did their original RR season almost 20 years ago! It was nice he helped her out in the elimination challenge, that was probably my favorite part of the episode!

• Love 3
(edited)

Well I guess its back to guessing who quit in the trailer.

41 minutes ago, noluvnoluck said:

Arissa is painfully thin. 

Yes she is

Edited by AntFTW
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, angelamh66 said:
1 hour ago, noluvnoluck said:

I really noticed that in this episode. I’m seriously concerned about her health. 

Yeah I kept on thinking that the camera is supposed to add 10 pounds.  I’m not even being snarky.  She looks like my twin did before she died of cancer.  I wonder if it’ll get addressed at all.  

On a less depressing note, TJ’s disdain at the elimination question I think from Katie had me rolling.  ‘One? No.  How do you eliminate one?’ and Katie yelling that she hit her face again f*ckers made me laugh out loud.

• Love 4
(edited)

I liked Trishelle on her Real World season, but I haven't been able to stand her on any of the challenges. This one is was no exception. Girl, bye. 

I wanted to see Katie cuss her out. Her rants were always super entertaining. I still can't believe that she looks pretty much exactly the same...maybe even better?

I thought it was odd that the trivia challenge was so early on in the season, but then I thought about how physically grueling the last one was on most of the contestants. It makes sense they'd throw in something less physically demanding to give the old-timers a break. 😛  

I got second-hand embarrassment from Kendall trying to overexplain her strange actions during the daily. It was obvious that she was scared of hurting herself after what happened to Katie, but she felt the need to come up with some bullshit.  I'm glad she did well in the elimination though, and got rid of Trishelle.  

I wish the producers (or whoever) would come up with some new eliminations. I'm so tired of the same ones over and over again across the seasons.

Edited by Zima
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Zima said:

I wanted to see Katie cuss her out. Her rants were always super entertaining. I still can't believe that she looks pretty much exactly the same...maybe even better?

Better. She looks like a grown ass woman now.

2 minutes ago, Zima said:

I got second-hand embarrassment from Kendall trying to overexplain her strange actions during the daily. It was obvious that she was scared of hurting herself after what happened to Katie. I'm glad she did well in the elimination though, and got rid of Trishelle.

She reminded me of when a child tries to explain something to you while they're crying.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I didn’t understand why they were so hard on poor Kendal. It was obvious she was just afraid to fall through. It’s not like she refused to answer the questions and she got pretty far, I thought? 

I have been watching since like 2004 and I have no recollection of katie and Trishelle being close. I thought katie and tonya were close? Trishelle got married like 3 years ago, so clearly they were still in touch. Sounds like it was just a one-sided friendship. 🤷🏾‍♀️

Jisela is really just calling people out. First Ace, now Kendal. She can relax just a little bit lol. You can make good tv and not be so obnoxious. 

• Love 1
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

Jisela is really just calling people out. First Ace, now Kendal. She can relax just a little bit lol. You can make good tv and not be so obnoxious. 

Based on the aftershow, it seems like they felt that Kendal didn't participate as fully because she didn't want to fall through the platform like everybody else... I think.

Jisela said that the deliberation was giving her chance to explain why she didn't jump and they felt like she was giving them spin rather than just owning up that she was scared... which I think is inconsequential because she lost the challenge either way. It made no difference in the challenge itself whether she jumped or not.

But I guess that's part of the game. They'll look for any reason to vote for anyone other than themselves.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

Just the aftershow, it seems like they felt that Kendal didn't participate as fully because she didn't want to fall through the platform... I think.

Coincidentally, I’m actually watching it right now! I don’t understand jemmye’s clearly personal issue with Kendal but I guess maybe we’ll see it later. Jisela was being so extra about it. Good for Darrell and Nehemiah for saying they understood why she acted the way she did, even though they didn’t agree with it. I still don’t think she did anything wrong but I guess they’ve gotta pick on someone lol. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, funnygirl said:

The music on this All Stars season is *chefs kiss*. 

It is!

I especially loved the selection as people were falling into the water.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Zima said:

I wish the producers (or whoever) would come up with some new eliminations. I'm so tired of the same ones over and over again across the seasons.

I wouldn't have minded seeing that rope challenge in the elimination in the current season in Iceland.

Would have added some welcome variety to they cycling through like a handful of the same games.

• Love 2

That was fun. I didn't need a new Katie meltdown or Kendal's mental hiccup almost bouncing her out of the game  . . . but Trishelle's gone! YAY! First Ace, then Trishelle. That was the order they went out in The Inferno.

Anyone else thinks TJ gets drunk before trivia-based missions? He always looks to be having too much fun. Yeah, watching people fuck up and fall into the water is funny, but he gets too into things.  Aneesa was the MVP. I suspect editing was involved to make her battle with Ruthie look longer, but they both impressed.

Trishelle still sucks. And Katie can go from zero to pissed faster than most people. Getting bloodied in the mission probably didn't help.

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

I didn’t understand why they were so hard on poor Kendal. It was obvious she was just afraid to fall through. It’s not like she refused to answer the questions and she got pretty far, I thought? 

I have been watching since like 2004 and I have no recollection of katie and Trishelle being close. I thought katie and tonya were close? Trishelle got married like 3 years ago, so clearly they were still in touch. Sounds like it was just a one-sided friendship. 🤷🏾‍♀️

I remember on The Gauntlet it was mentioned because Katie always hung out with Trishelle and on The Inferno Katie/Trishelle/Kendall were all roommates, there was drama when Kendall hooked up with The Miz. Trishelle/Katie appeared on Kill Reality and Katie was a drunk mess.

I thought this was a good episode it was nice to see Darrell/Kendall and Teck/Ruthie looking out for each other. The whole Trishelle/Katie drama was sad, but stuff happens. I was surprised Derrick kind of started it because at one time him and Katie were super close. When they first cut to the fight I thought it was a flashback from the Katie/Veronica fight.

I was surprised to see Alton cheer on Trishelle because they did not get along on The Battle of the Seasons. I was also surprised that Trishelle in her exit press mentioned she kept in touch with Arissa because from that reunion show they did not get along at all. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I was kind of annoyed with the editors.  Trishelle had so many talking heads that I knew something was going to happen to her this episode, and then that random scene with Kendal talking to Derrick.  I almost actually thought they were trying to give context to a scenario where Kendal was going to quit to go be with her family/children.  She seemed so scatter-brained about the challenge and everything until she actually went into elimination, where she finally focused on the win. 

P.S. Katie is still one of my favorites ever. I'm glad she is back, even if she's regretting it. I'm not!

Edited by Matteo
  • Love 1

Trishelle first accusing Katie of being a bad friend because Katie didn't immediately run upstairs to tell her the voting results, then asking Katie why she was so upset about being called a bad friend, followed by a later scene where Trishelle tells the group "I'll be fine because I have more friends than her [Katie]" tells me everything I need to know about about the type of woman Trishelle is now. And that is she's still a shitty person. There was a brief glimmer of growth in what actually sounded like an authentic apology to Aneesa, but to treat someone she's actually referred to as a "close friend" like that and on TV is fucked up.

• Love 9

I really felt bad for Katie. She's obviously grown and I sense embarrassment for her actions on previous seasons. She seems like she wants to prove to herself and everyone that she's not that person anymore but had Trishelle lure the old Katie out again and you can tell she regrets it. 

I don't know what Trishelle's issue was. Was she drinking? Why did she feel like Katie should rush up to tell her anything? Homegirl was hungry and probably thinking of a gentle way to break the news that it was Kendal. Just because Derrick's thirsty behind wanted to break the news first doesn't mean Katie wouldn't have told her. I agree that Trishelle never liked Katie and was a frenemy. The nerve of her to tell her husband and mom that she was sorry over talking to Katie. 

Jemmye and her awful hair was really annoying me in the aftershow. At least Jisela is funny. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, AntFTW said:

Based on the aftershow, it seems like they felt that Kendal didn't participate as fully because she didn't want to fall through the platform like everybody else... I think.

Jisela said that the deliberation was giving her chance to explain why she didn't jump and they felt like she was giving them spin rather than just owning up that she was scared... which I think is inconsequential because she lost the challenge either way. It made no difference in the challenge itself whether she jumped or not.

But I guess that's part of the game. They'll look for any reason to vote for anyone other than themselves.

I can understand why they were annoyed with Kendal. I doubt any of them really WANTED to fall through the floor and slap the water really hard, so for one person to just say "oh, never mind, I don't want to" isn't really fair to anyone else. And her explanation was so silly and made her seem like either a liar or just an idiot, neither was a good choice. She should have just admitted that she was scared and that it was wrong not to complete the challenge when everyone else did. 

She was correct to tell Nehemiah not to save her because if she'd gotten saved from elimination on top of not taking the water fall, she'd have been an even bigger target. 

She definitely looks better. I'm guessing she's given up the booze and cigarettes. She looked stunning on the after show and it seemed like she deliberately set up her camera to show off her nice house in the background, lol. All part of the new, mature, stable Katie. 

Annoying as she is, Jisela also looked stunning on the Aftershow. I hate people who can gain a ton of weight and none of it shows up in their face, lol. 

Trishelle is still the same old mess she always was. Insecurity masked with overconfidence and just full of drama. Glad to see her go out so early.

Also, how high was TJ in this episode? It was so entertaining to see him openly howling every time someone fell in. And his dumbfounded reactions to people's stupid answers was also amazing, this is the TJ I've only really seen in outtakes and ending credits. For some reason, the editing always seemed to edit out any shred of personality.

• Love 4

Katie's outbursts are my favorite. I remember absolutely dying of laughter during her last season, when she faceplanted onto the platform and fell tumbling into the water below. Iconic! This episode, I about died when she fell yet again and screamed, as serious as a heart attack, "I hit my face again, you fuckers!" She truly is a gift. 

Trishelle was never my favorite before and, sorry to say, my opinion hasn't changed. However, her responding to TJ's question about Johnny Banana's that she didn't know the answer because she doesn't give a shit about him did endear her to me a bit. I, too, don't give a shit about that misogynistic piece of shit. 

Before the target was securely affixed to Kendall's back, I was surprised to hear Beth's name being thrown out for elimination so soon. She might be the oldest challenger there (she's 52 vs. Mark's 49) and I feel like that should count for something. Whenever these old men come out of retirement, it's like everyone has to bow down out of respect. When it's a woman, though? Not so much. 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Trishelle first accusing Katie of being a bad friend because Katie didn't immediately run upstairs to tell her the voting results, then asking Katie why she was so upset about being called a bad friend, followed by a later scene where Trishelle tells the group "I'll be fine because I have more friends than her [Katie]" tells me everything I need to know about about the type of woman Trishelle is now. And that is she's still a shitty person. There was a brief glimmer of growth in what actually sounded like an authentic apology to Aneesa, but to treat someone she's actually referred to as a "close friend" like that and on TV is fucked up.

Tbh, I felt like Trishelle's apology was more for the cameras and to clear her name publicly than it was for Aneesa's benefit. 

• Love 7
On 4/8/2021 at 11:12 PM, Legalbeagle421 said:

I think her weird panic jump and not falling in was just an easy excuse to single her out. They had to vote for someone and she gave them a reason.

On 4/9/2021 at 2:15 AM, choclatechip45 said:

I remember on The Gauntlet it was mentioned because Katie always hung out with Trishelle and on The Inferno Katie/Trishelle/Kendall were all roommates, there was drama when Kendall hooked up with The Miz. Trishelle/Katie appeared on Kill Reality and Katie was a drunk mess.

Yup! Those of us from back in the day remember--Katie and Trishelle were SUPER close, practically sisters. They did everything together. It was really interesting to see how that history played out. I had forgotten about Kendal's piece in the drama; thanks for the reminder! I just remember how sad I was when she and Blair couldn't make it work, because I thought they were the cutest couple ever.

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

BETH IS 52?! Fucking hell, I need to know her (and Katie's) skin care regimen!

They look AMAZING. Beth seriously doesn't look like she's aged a day since her last appearance, and Katie looks even better than she used to, IMO.

9 hours ago, Zima said:

Tbh, I felt like Trishelle's apology was more for the cameras and to clear her name publicly than it was for Aneesa's benefit. 

I agree. On one hand, I really appreciated her addressing it and thought it was a good apology. On the other hand, it seemed clear she had carefully planned it out. And then, of course, we saw the outburst at Katie and it became very clear that for all her talk of being a better person, Trishelle is still basically the same person. Katie, however, showed genuine growth and maturity from the person we knew back in the day. I loved it when she asked Trishelle if she could speak to her directly, and when Trishelle said yes, added, "Let's try that." 

23 hours ago, noluvnoluck said:

I don't know what Trishelle's issue was. Was she drinking? 

I think so, yes. She was slurring her words. 

Apparently Kendal has a disorder called Ehlers-Danlos which causes her blood vessels to easily rupture and is also why her skin pigmentation is uneven. That could very well be the reason why she didn't want to fall, though if that's the case it seems like it would have been a lot easier to say that--or even just admit she was scared to fall--than ramble on in her very guilty mess about accidentally hopping over to the edge. I do think that she panicked in the moment and wasn't thinking straight, but it was panic due to the fact that she didn't want to fall, which is the piece her explanation was missing. 

I'm loving this show so far. The deep and rich history of the players adds so much. The Katie/Trishelle fight and Aneesa/Trishelle apology have been years in the making. I'm impressed that Ruthie did so well on the trivia. Aneesa clearly had an advantage having done so many seasons. I rolled my eyes at Nehemiah getting a question about his BFF Wes. 

Jemmye entertains me with her narrative, but the aftershow reminded me why I dislike her. She is SO angry and bitter all the time, and so quick to take pride in being mean under the guise of being honest.  Jisela needed to take it down a notch also. I loved her in the first episode and couldn't stand her in the after show. 

• Love 4

The part that confuses me about Kendall is that hasn't she been begging to come back to The Challenge since the Island? I figured she would know what to expect. 

Ever since The Real World Vegas, Trishelle shows up to these shows about how much she has changed and one episode in she starts drinking and goes back to how she always is. It wouldn't surprise me if she was somewhat jealous of Katie's life. I remember she seemed pretty envious of Brynn's life on The Real World Vegas Reunion show. 

@Jillibean I loved Blair and Kendall too. 

Edited by choclatechip45
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

The part that confuses me about Kendall is that hasn't she been begging to come back to The Challenge since the Island? I figured she would know what to expect. 

Wasn't this show pitched to the OGs as a more old-school challenge though? Big house with double beds in bedrooms and not bunk beds crammed in a room? More hanging out, less workouts? Fun challenges and not the grueling "mini finals" they have for every daily now? I can see how people would want to come back for (and were expecting) a 2002 type challenge, not a 2021 level challenge.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, shantown said:

Wasn't this show pitched to the OGs as a more old-school challenge though? Big house with double beds in bedrooms and not bunk beds crammed in a room? More hanging out, less workouts? Fun challenges and not the grueling "mini finals" they have for every daily now? I can see how people would want to come back for (and were expecting) a 2002 type challenge, not a 2021 level challenge.

True and Kendall does seem the type who would believe producers. The challenge from this episode didn't seem so bad watching it. Even the old school challenges had a lot of height missions.

• Love 1
On 4/9/2021 at 9:51 PM, Stinger97 said:

Before the target was securely affixed to Kendall's back, I was surprised to hear Beth's name being thrown out for elimination so soon. She might be the oldest challenger there (she's 52 vs. Mark's 49) and I feel like that should count for something. Whenever these old men come out of retirement, it's like everyone has to bow down out of respect. When it's a woman, though? Not so much. 

The women rarely come out of retirement so there isn't much comparison to be made here. Even when they do with women like Kellyanne,  they've done well and weren't targeted. 

People like Beth and Trishelle get targeted because people don't like their personality.  Has nothing to do with their age. If you come on this show in shape, your age really isn't an issue. On the other hand, if you are out of shape or annoying, your age will for sure be used against you because they already don't like you. So, they will pick at every part of you.

On 4/9/2021 at 2:44 PM, ljenkins782 said:

Also, how high was TJ in this episode? It was so entertaining to see him openly howling every time someone fell in. And his dumbfounded reactions to people's stupid answers was also amazing, this is the TJ I've only really seen in outtakes and ending credits. For some reason, the editing always seemed to edit out any shred of personality.

TJ does this during every trivia challenge. He wasn't high. He loves laughing at their stupidity or fear in the trivia challenge.

• Love 1
On 4/11/2021 at 3:27 AM, Racj82 said:

She's ways been painfully thin. I didn't notice anything different here.

I agree her and Irulan were always stick thin but she looks unhealthy now. I gasped when she appeared on camera  this time around compared to her first appearance in Vegas where it didn't really register. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Arissa was always really thin, I remember thinking that she, Trishelle, and Irulan all wieghed a collective 100 lbs on the first Vegas season. But Arissa looks so unhealthy now. I really try not to comment on people's appearances, but yikes. I gasped when I saw her because she looks scary. I hope she's okay. 

• Love 2

They showed the clip of the Katie/Trihelle fight after tonight's Double Agents. I forgot about seeing all the plates, glasses, and other nearby shit that Katie could have used to attack Trishelle. I don't think I've seen silverware like that on a Challenge, at least displayed like that. Now I'm hoping for someone to break a glass, just the give Teck a reason to shout, "What if we have company?!?"

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 4/9/2021 at 10:00 AM, luckyroll3 said:

My gosh, THIS.

I watched that scene play out and, literally, said aloud: "welp, I see Trishelle is still a shitty person-- no surprise there."

I couldn't buy into the apology to Aneesa. If she truly felt as bad as she claimed, she certainly didn't need to wait 9 years until she was in front of a camera. 🤷🏾‍♀️

• Love 1

OH MY DOG. A trivia challenge and a reference to the CT/Johnny Bananas backpack?! I was in heaven this episode. One of my favorite things is how gleeful TJ is about the trivia challenges. I may have to watch it again because that was so awesome. 

• Love 1

See, I am the opposite on TJ's glee during trivia challenges. At this point, it seems so over-the-top fake. Like, it's not THAT funny TJ. No one takes that much delight in something you see over and over and over again. It's dumb. 

And I will just say it - Kendal's behavior and skin issues screamed methy to me.  If it's just nerves and a skin condition, I apologize.

• Applause 1
18 hours ago, Genius said:

If it's just nerves and a skin condition, I apologize.

It is.  She has Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, and recently had to shave her head because her hair was falling out.  It frankly sounds like a horrendous thing to deal with.

• Sad 1
  • Useful 1
20 hours ago, Genius said:

See, I am the opposite on TJ's glee during trivia challenges. At this point, it seems so over-the-top fake. Like, it's not THAT funny TJ. No one takes that much delight in something you see over and over and over again. It's dumb. 

THANK YOU! He is so annoying with that! He’s not Probst-level obnoxious, but it’s clear he couldn’t hang on CBS.

Edited by Lantern7
3 hours ago, lasu said:

It is.  She has Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, and recently had to shave her head because her hair was falling out.  It frankly sounds like a horrendous thing to deal with.

Oh my goodness. Then yes, my apologies. Her behavior was still weird though.

1 hour ago, Lantern7 said:

THANK YOU! He is so annoying with that! He’s not Probst-level obnoxious, but it’s clear he couldn’t hang on CBS.

LMAO! Yes! Me thinks you and I could be friends @Lantern7 :)

• Like 1