Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E16: Where are They Now? Brianne and Annjeanette LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, MsVixen said:

Explain it to me, Pounders.  Doesn't a person need to be close to a normal weight before skin surgery is done?  If they are still 100+ pounds over when it's done, wouldn't the skin sag again as they lose weight? 

I could be wrong but I think it poses a health risk and gets in the way of physical exercise . 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

I **love** that episode, especially Ricky's line "Don't do it, boy!"

That is one of my top ten favorite episodes.   I love the square dance they do to escape from the jail at Bent Fork. It is on my DVR.  I may have to watch it again as soon as this is over.   I can say the entire dialogue by heart.

(edited)
4 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

Explain it to me, Pounders.  Doesn't a person need to be close to a normal weight before skin surgery is done?  If they are still 100+ pounds over when it's done, wouldn't the skin sag again as they lose weight? 

I think a lot of them have more than one skin removal surgery on the same area.     Brianne's was the Lymphedema, and skin removal, and I bet she'll need more on the same area as she keeps losing. 

She's better off without Rick the cheater.    I wonder if the stepdaughter will stop being friends with her now?    I hope Brianne is OK, a pulmonary embolism is so dangerous.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

“It went well.” NO...no it didn’t 

"It went well" means Dr. Now didn't yell at her. Because he has disengaged from you, Annjeanette. He knows you are on the fast train to Failville. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Xsty68 said:

Oh hey - I’m still learning the “code” - is smart food equal popcorn?  Where has this been all my life?

Smartfood the the brand name of that cheese-y popcorn that comes in the black bag. I think it’s a Lay’s product.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Twopper said:

That is one of my top ten favorite episodes.   I love the square dance they do to escape from the jail at Bent Fork. It is on my DVR.  I may have to watch it again as soon as this is over.   I can say the entire dialogue by heart.

I am SOOO jealous that you have it on DVR! Ricochet Romance!! Aaron Spelling is one of the extras in that square dance scene!

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

I think it's usually done in stages anyway because the body can't recover easily if you take too much off - but they start as soon as it really loses enough fat underneath to be taken off safety because he mobility restrictions from sagging skin and the pain and potential infection and injury necessitate it.  For someone who has lost total of 100-200 pounds it's probably unnecessary, but when you lose 500 pounds, it's probably simply not possible to wait and get it all done when they get to their target weight.

• Love 4
(edited)
3 minutes ago, 7EasyPayments said:

image.thumb.png.f57881ec04422b8fe27622ecab58b30d.png

I’ve been missing out on this whole “code” for acceptable food!  I will add to pantry ASSP - thanks!

the extra ASS in ASAP is in hopes that this snack doesn’t land there!

Edited by Xsty68
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

She's better off without Rick the cheater.    I wonder if the stepdaughter will stop being friends with her now?    I hope Brianne is OK, a pulmonary embolism is so dangerous.  

The link someone posted on the first page suggested that her stepdaughter chose to support Brianne and doesn't talk to her father anymore.  I am glad for that...  hasn't Brianne raised her for several years now?  A divorce of parents doesn't mean a divorce between parent and child...

When a cousin of mine divorced his wife, my parents and I continued to treat her as family.  After all, she divorced him, not us.  We liked her as a person before and we like her still, so we continue to invite her over (separately from him and his new wife, of course).

• Love 8
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

They should have made her wear compression socks, although good luck putting them on.

When I had surgery last month the nurse put the plastic bag they came in over my toes and they slid right on. I was amazed.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Xsty68 said:

I’ve been missing out on this whole “code” for acceptable food!  I will add to pantry ASSP - thanks!

Don't get us started on grapes! Oranges! Sugar free jam!

• LOL 8
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

Right? Didn’t she nurse him after his heart attack. I feel terrible for her.

Maybe he is a feeder, like someone suggested, and the newly thin Brianne doesn't cut it for him?

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

They should have made her wear compression socks, although good luck putting them on.

There's a sock slider thing at the surgical supply stores. People with hemiplegia from strokes use it. It's sturdier and more effective than the Walmart As Seen On TV knock off. They have butt wiping wands at the surgical supply store, too. 

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I have to wear them every time I fly...which is never right now...but they are very uncomfortable and impossible to put on.

2 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

I am SOOO jealous that you have it on DVR! Ricochet Romance!! Aaron Spelling is one of the extras in that square dance scene!

Yeah, and he is the person on the mountain when Lucy is driving in the old logging ruts.  

I also like the episode that precedes it when they stay in that horrible cabin near the train track. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, OoogleEyes said:

Don't get us started on grapes! Oranges! Sugar free jam!

Wasn’t someone recently confused as to what constitutes “fruit”?  They didn’t think an apple or orange “qualified”, just berries and grapes?

• Love 1

How awful! I hope she comes through this ok. I hope Rick gets dumped by this new hussy and begs Brianne to take him back and she tells him to go pound sand. This is terrible to have to go through alone. Don't backslide Brianne!

• Love 5

There is a comment on reddit that Rick didn't cheat - she did while in Houston. She also got into his military benefits and changed the beneficiary from his parents to her and used different social security numbers to buy stuff, ruining his credit. Rick and Jamie are suing Brianne for slander. I don't know if any of this is true. Whoever posted it is big mad. There's also a Starcasm post about Rick and the other woman (the friend who drove Brianne home for the surprise during her 1st season). So, could be one way, could be another. Don't shoot the messenger.

• Useful 2
8 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Yeah, and he is the person on the mountain when Lucy is driving in the old logging ruts.  

I also like the episode that precedes it when they stay in that horrible cabin near the train track. 

The one where the beds vibrate across the room when the train passes? Oh, that's a gem!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I remember now. I didn't like Annjannette in her original episode. I think I like her even less in her follow-up. If Erica's smart, which is very debatable, she'll head for the hills and never look back (and take that poor little dog with her).

I want to smack her and make her watch Brianne, who went through a miscarriage and managed to stick with the program.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, aliya said:

There is a comment on reddit that Rick didn't cheat - she did while in Houston. She also got into his military benefits and changed the beneficiary from his parents to her and used different social security numbers to buy stuff, ruining his credit. Rick and Jamie are suing Brianne for slander. I don't know if any of this is true. Whoever posted it is big mad. There's also a Starcasm post about Rick and the other woman (the friend who drove Brianne home for the surprise during her 1st season). So, could be one way, could be another. Don't shoot the messenger.

His parents? Wouldn't they have to be a thousand? 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 7
(edited)
1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Is Dr. Now doing the surgery?

No, it's the radiologist - that guy they showed next to her...  Dr. Now is just narrating.

Edited by Hellga
  • Love 2