Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E16: Where are They Now? Brianne and Annjeanette LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

There is much to be gained -- and lost -- for Brianne in year two of her journey, in which she both loses weight and gains independence. Getting back with Erica becomes the top priority for Annjeanette, who chooses love over even her own health.

Brianne and her much older husband are back to let us see how much she succeeded.  Annjeanette returns without Erica; their mid show break up was part of her original story.  PPAL assumes these two were paired because they both have "ann" in their name.  That's all I've got. 😞 

This is the LIVE CHAT thread.  It will open during the initial US East Coast showing. 

Original air date 2021.04.07

• Love 3

Hello people!

1716 calories today, had a craving for french fries, probably the first time I've had them in 3 years. LOL

Vodka and hot tea now.

Why did Brianne and her husband split? The age difference? Can't remember.😬

• Love 2

Yo, yo, my people! My eating habit was 2 non-bun burgers and a big salad earlier in the day. I might have an Atkins shake later. I am working up to getting serious about OMAD again. 

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, 7EasyPayments said:

had a craving for french fries

I indulged in them yesterday.  They were great, piping hot, adequately salty, crispy outside and soft inside.  That should hold me for the next several months.

Howdy pounders, hope we can do as well tonight as last week.

• Love 5

Hello hello hello!

Eating habit: Alexia sweet potato fries with ketchup. Though apparently there is a ketchup shortage so maybe I should have saved it to see if I can get anything for it. 🍟 Just did a short yoga video and now settling in with ice cream.

Googled to refresh my memory and found this...Brianne's husband Rick leaving her for ‘demon woman’ of their hometown. I don't remember enough about her to determine whether or not this is an improvement for him. I guess we shall see!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I watched Brianne’s earlier episode today and when she dropped from 748 to under 400, she said it was her lowest weight in 20 years. Considering she was 31 at the time, she meant she hadn’t been under 400 since she was 11.

• Love 3

Hi all!  Glad to be in chat again!

Eating habit today is Japanese  fried rice from Trader Joe's and some watermelon slices.  And two French cruller donuts.  Go me.

In other news, I am still on the losing end of the Boston house-buying market.  

I cannot remember Brianne at all.  I remember her mother's face but I can't remember anything else.

• Love 5

Hiya Pounders!  How are you all doing tonight?

Before I begin the Snark, I have a question.  What is the age limit for getting bariatric surgery?  Most of the people here seem to be 40 at the most.  However, the case can be made that most morbidly obese people don't make it to 55+

1 hour ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Opening early in case the automatic locks fail and I can't get out of an exciting, enthralling meeting on time.

Thanks!!! we were discussing on the 90DF live chat, that it would be nice to open the chat 10 minutes early just so everyone can check in and say "hello"

So hello to my people.  I am still in the dining room having indulged my eating habit of rice, mint jelly, lamb and asparagus.  I am about to nibble on Oreos.   I wanted some lime sherbet with my Oreas, but I am rather stuffed.   We had a salad at lunch with fried chicken tenders.  

Oh, it was regular jelly, not the sugar free kind.  

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

Googled to refresh my memory and found this...Brianne's husband Rick leaving her for ‘demon woman’ of their hometown. I don't remember enough about her to determine whether or not this is an improvement for him. I guess we shall see!

Brianne certainly didn't have competent parents.   Her father was awful, and the mother did nothing to help. 

Brianne's relationship with the stepdaughter was so heartwarming.  

I wonder if Annjeannette still has the polka dot blankets? 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

Hello. Waiting for for my second vaccination on Tuesday. 

I got my second Moderna last Thursday! I was feverish and achy for a day or so afterward but then just fine. Make sure you have tea and soup in the house! 

Hello Pounders! Its great to see you all. Eating habit? Yummy salad made with spring mix, some chicken and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, green beans, olives, red onion and those sweet little grape tomatoes, topped with my homemade lemon vinaigrette.  

• Love 4
1 minute ago, MsVixen said:

Before I begin the Snark, I have a question.  What is the age limit for getting bariatric surgery?  Most of the people here seem to be 40 at the most.  However, the case can be made that most morbidly obese people don't make it to 55+

Some, like Erica, have been in their 50s.

1 minute ago, Lillith said:

Hi Pounders! Brianne was one of my favorite poundticipants, I hope she does well. I don't really remember Anjeanette at all. 

She crushed her girlfriend when they wrote their goals, and Annjeanette goals was to lose weight and move back with the family or origin and the girlfriend wanted to get married and have kids.

• Useful 1
5 minutes ago, Concerned said:

I watched Brianne’s earlier episode today

I saw maybe 5 minutes of it when her mother who hadn't seen her in eons arrived and was trying not to look shocked.  I don't really remember her.

Hey, Pounders! I'm on call tonight, so may have to bail mid-chat. I'm crossing my fingers for 2 quiet hours to joyfully snark. 
I have no eating habit tonight. Too freakin' tired (2 jobs, 12 credits). I'm not too tired to snark, though!

• Love 5
Just now, Auntie Anxiety said:

@Hellga, have you considered Central Mass? Or Worcester?

I am trying to stay within a reasonable driving distance to Cambridge since we will eventually start going back to the office.  I am looking within the northwestern quadrant of the 495 ring.

7 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

That's sad to hear when on TV she is saying that Rick and Kat are her whole life...

• Love 1

There's your typical overweight person and your morbidly obese person. There's a difference. I was in my 60's when I looked into it for diabetes. I'm plump, but they said I didn't need to lose any weight beforehand. I backed out after I learned that surgery for diabetes works best for newer diabetics or if you have the regular surgery, not the sleeve. I didn't want to get re-plumbed and it wasn't worth even getting the sleeve if I still had to take meds. 

• Love 2

A friend's husband had to weigh 400 at least, and he used his Medicare, and her two Blue Cross plans to get the Roue Y (whatever the really radical bypass is).     My friend's view is that without the amount the insurances combined to pay, that he wouldn't have had the surgery.   Since you have to be 65 to get Medicare, he was at least 65.   

• Useful 1
4 minutes ago, Lillith said:

Hi Pounders! Brianne was one of my favorite poundticipants, I hope she does well. I don't really remember Anjeanette at all. 

The only thing I recall about Annjeanette was that she was horrible. 

3 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

One of the docs at my former workplace had it, and he was well over 55.

• Love 6

I remember Anjeannette as being nasty, but I can't remember if she was ultimately able to lose weight or have surgery...  I assume she would have, we used to have either surgeries or complete program dropouts before this season.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

The only thing I recall about Annjeanette was that she was horrible. 

One of the docs at my former workplace had it, and he was well over 55.

What did he weigh?  Was he close to 600 pounds?