Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E13: Forgive But Never Forget

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, RealReality said:

Does Andrew have some sort of inheritance or a crazy amount of Facebook stock?  Is Amira planning to kill him for some fortune, because for the life of me, I cannot figure out what she sees in this dorky asshole.  

"I'm going to do everything I can to make sure things are smooth" Andrew proclaims without a hint of irony, given the fact that the last time she was in trouble the only thing Andrew did was enjoy a luxury Cancun vacation.

I'm so confused by this entire thing.  We see Amira living in a town with LITERAL CASTLES! talking to some bearded LARP'ing dork in like a cookie cutter town in Northern California.  

Why can't she just say no?  I'm just so confused, she can't say no because Andrew will keep asking?  so....what! Given that he abandoned you in a Mexican detention center while he ziplined and four wheeled along the beach in Cancan you have the perfect reason to say no as often as he asks.  In fact, why is he even asking because you should have blocked his number the second you got home.

I will NEVER understand this couple! Girl, move to Paris if you want excitement and big city living. Roseville ain't gonna cut it. I live in Sacramento and Roseville is basically a conservative suburb. I mean, they do have the good mall but other than that, I just don't get it. I thought it was illuminating when in the last episode she talked about moving with Andrew to San Diego or Vegas...we've never heard anything like that from him and I don't know how working in your mom's daycare is going to give you enough income to make a move like that! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, RealReality said:

Does Andrew have some sort of inheritance or a crazy amount of Facebook stock?  Is Amira planning to kill him for some fortune, because for the life of me, I cannot figure out what she sees in this dorky asshole.  

"I'm going to do everything I can to make sure things are smooth" Andrew proclaims without a hint of irony, given the fact that the last time she was in trouble the only thing Andrew did was enjoy a luxury Cancun vacation.

I'm so confused by this entire thing.  We see Amira living in a town with LITERAL CASTLES! talking to some bearded LARP'ing dork in like a cookie cutter town in Northern California.  

Why can't she just say no?  I'm just so confused, she can't say no because Andrew will keep asking?  so....what! Given that he abandoned you in a Mexican detention center while he ziplined and four wheeled along the beach in Cancan you have the perfect reason to say no as often as he asks.  In fact, why is he even asking because you should have blocked his number the second you got home.

What is a LARP?  I am going to guess:  Lard Ass Role Player?  Oh my gosh this post made me laugh out loud!  My hubby has the theory that it she was very sheltered and never dated much.  Girl, there are SO MANY other options out there!!!

• LOL 9
13 hours ago, RealReality said:

That guy, Chaz....Chax....Cax....Cake?  Whatever.  I think he was the one who squeezed himself into that childsize beige sportcoat.  I betcha he will always be "there for Yara and the baby" when Jovi has to go to work.  

An alligator would do a better job of being "there for Yara and the baby".

• LOL 11
13 hours ago, RealReality said:

That guy, Chaz....Chax....Cax....Cake?  Whatever.  I think he was the one who squeezed himself into that childsize beige sportcoat.  I betcha he will always be "there for Yara and the baby" when Jovi has to go to work.  

I think it was Caz but I love all the attempts at remembering.

2 hours ago, Colfrmb said:

I think Amira doesn’t go to Serbia

I thought she landed there?  I think she leaves before the two weeks is up.  (No spoiler, just a hunch.) I mean, she is stuck in a tiny room with NOTHING TO DO but lots of time to think about what a dink Andrew is being.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

Why is Julia putting up with Brandon? Just... why? He lives with his parents at 27. He doesn't pay attention to anything she says. He doesn't try to make her feel special. He doesn't even seem to try to get to really know her as a person. 

Run, Julia! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Stephanie was high as a kite and shitfaced drunk during that whole interaction with Harris. She is a sex tourist pure and simple, but add in her mental issues and her addictions, it is a disaster. I don't find Harris attractive, but he seems very smart. And he was very honest with her----he isn't hiding his baby mama and 3 kids. She takes him back to the US, she has to accept that his priority will be to send home the $$ to those kids....probably get them green cards eventually. And hey, if he is kind to wackadoodle and doesn't take advantage, she gets a younger piece of ass to pour her wine and drive her around as a trophy. Its a win win...Ryan didn't appreciate the opportunity he had with her (in Harris's mind) because he was too immature and young. 

I hope Amira takes that quarantine time to reflect about what a loser Andrew is and flies right back home to France. I also laughed at the comment about makeup stores in the US----girl, you live in FRANCE! lol 

Edited by Stuckathome
added text
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Stuckathome said:

Stephanie was high as a kite and shitfaced drunk during that whole interaction with Harris. She is a sex tourist pure and simple, but add in her mental issues and her addictions, it is a disaster. I don't find Harris attractive, but he seems very smart. And he was very honest with her----he isn't hiding his baby mama and 3 kids. She takes him back to the US, she has to accept that his priority will be to send home the $$ to those kids....probably get them green cards eventually. And hey, if he is kind to wackadoodle and doesn't take advantage, she gets a younger piece of ass to pour her wine and drive her around as a trophy. Its a win win...Ryan didn't appreciate the opportunity he had with her (in Harris's mind) because he was too immature and young. 

I hope Amira takes that quarantine time to reflect about what a loser Andrew is and flies right back home to France. I also laughed at the comment about makeup stores in the US----girl, you live in FRANCE! lol 

Sadly, I don't think Harris would send for his kids or anyone else.  

He will send money back and those kids will be lucky to see any of it.  I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but I literally laughed when Stephanie said he was "co parenting" his children.  Even Stephanie seemed to smell a rat.  

I cannot understand how a rich single woman, crazy or not, ends up with these two.  If you want to buy a man, stop trying to get a deal and just pay full retail price, Stephanie.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

What is a LARP?  I am going to guess:  Lard Ass Role Player?  Oh my gosh this post made me laugh out loud!  My hubby has the theory that it she was very sheltered and never dated much.  Girl, there are SO MANY other options out there!!!

Live Action Role Play. Basically those folks you see at Renaissance Faires? They do it for fun too. They dress up and have sword fights and whatnot. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Colfrmb said:

I think Mike and Natalie prefer makeup sex most of all. And unprotected sex seems to be the most exciting for all the couples.  I think Natalie ends up popping back home to Ukraine because her mom facetimes her and she’s got a cough and hysterical Natalie must be there ASAP just in case Mom has Covid.  But by the time she gets there, Mom has tested negative and she just has a classic cold.  Drama resolved and the next cliff hanger is Natalie saying she has a secret plus she misses Mike and is freaking out that maybe they won’t be able to marry in time for the visa deadline.  (Secret is her baby bump) just speculation!!!

I think Amira doesn’t go to Serbia but it’s just because Andrew’s credit card is declined when she tries to board the plane. I know it doesn’t work that way but I envision her going along with it, until she can’t, not won’t.

I think when Jovi was led upstairs by the stripper, Yara is waiting for him upstairs, swaddled in her fluffy blankie looking at him with a smirk and and accusations.  Just guessing!  Not a spoiler!  I also can’t understand why, if she fell on the street, why they were shown walking down the street?  No crutches?  No limp? Why not Uber straight to the apt building door and go right in?  

Tarik and Hazel & Julia and Brandon aren’t worth analyzing any more.

Almost forgot Stephanie and the single men of Belize.  I can’t rag on an addict with serious emotional problems.  The whole “rape” thing really bothers me because I didn’t even know this kind of assault was a thing.  I only hope that it’s all for show and this woman is more well adjusted than she appears.  My heart breaks for women in general knowing that this is all a thing.

Anywho, thoughts on my speculations?

I think Ryan did Stephanie wrong, but that doesn't absolve her of being a complete asshole and sex tourist.  She is an addict with serious emotional problems, but those problems have turned into attempting to control others with her money and access.  I don't feel one scintilla of pity for the men who do the same thing.  I suspect the "youth shots" she takes are pretty much some kind of unregulated meth substitute.  There are a lot of them out there, where the underlying drugs are from another country and they are synthetic but not on the DEA radar yet.  She is an ugly bit of business, and I note that she has chosen the poorest or the poor and two men who aren't particularly the best looking, so I think that there is a high degree of manipulation there and personality disorder, not just emotional problems.  

Please trust me when I tell you that there are beautiful, intelligent and charming men in Belize.  A lot of them are still players, but these guys stephanie picked out are like the real bottom of the barrel.  Harris is slightly better looking, but still. 

I suspect she went to the Urgent Care just as a precaution to make sure the baby was okay. LOL, she is lucky to be at an age where a fall can just be a fall.  

I think its possible Natalie is pregnant.  I just really hope its not true because what a disaster.  

• Love 11

Jovi and Yara: I have to complain about the bachelor party because that really made me mad. So, Jovi said he used to spend 5 or 6 nights PER WEEK at the strip club! That's insane. Sounds like a problem to me. Then he thinks it's acceptable to actually get physical with one of the strippers, the night before his wedding?! That was disturbing. There's nothing wrong with letting loose once in a while, but Jovi takes it too far. Cheating is still cheating, even if you pay the girl for her time.

He should have stayed home and taken care of Yara since she had just fallen earlier that day. In fact, he has one good mannered friend that went home early and was trying to give him a hint!

Jovi is disgusting. Yara deserves much better.

Mike and Natalie: Mike pissed me off during the scene where he gave Natalie the ring back! He ruined it when he couldn't forgive her. What an ass!

Andrew and Amira: Amira made a huge mistake. She put herself in possible danger for someone who did nothing for her when she was detained in Mexico. Instead, he enjoyed a vacation. Sitting on the phone trying to get information is not proactive. He should have gone to Mexico City, rented a car, and found out why your so called love is being detained. 

In fact, why is she even wasting her time with this selfish loser Andrew, who looks like he hasn’t bathed in weeks? His hair is so greasy you can fry an egg on it. He’s gross. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

I also laughed at the comment about makeup stores in the US----girl, you live in FRANCE! lol 

Whenever I go to the mall (something I vaguely remember at this point) I’m always torn between going to the makeup counter at Sephora or “Jacques Pennay’s”

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 9
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Live Action Role Play. Basically those folks you see at Renaissance Faires? They do it for fun too. They dress up and have sword fights and whatnot. 

Otherwise, they’re living down in their parents’ basements. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Andrew and Amira: Amira made a huge mistake. She put herself in possible danger for someone who did nothing for her when she was detained in Mexico. Instead, he enjoyed a vacation. Sitting on the phone trying to get information is not proactive. He should have gone to Mexico City, rented a car, and found out why your so called love is being detained. 

In fact, why is she even wasting her time with this selfish loser Andrew, who looks like he hasn’t bathed in weeks? His hair is so greasy you can fry an egg on it. He’s gross. 

I'm so glad you brought this up - I bet he smells just as bad as he looks!  He's just a gross toad.

• Love 10

When Brandon was yelling at Julia, he looked like his mom but sounded like his dad! That sounded so eerily...Run Julia, Run... He is going to be just like his dad with his mom’s smile

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Hazel has a huge bold spot on a left side of the forehead... I can’t concentrate on anything else anymore during her episodes. She is  very scary actually... I wouldn’t trust her with Tarik’s daughter, especially after her son arrives....

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 3/9/2021 at 7:16 PM, LucyEth said:

Jovi has a brother?  I didn’t know that, guess that is how much these couples are boring me I am barely paying attention this season.

It hasn't been on the show so idk if it's spoilery but just in case.....

Spoiler

Jovi has at least one half sibling from his mom and her current husband and also half siblings from his bio dads side. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Thank you for the clarification but I am not gonna lie:  I like my nickname better!  🙂

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Hazel has that dead look in her eyes and flat voice that I have seen in documentaries about foreign sex workers or women who were victims of sex trafficking.....she has just been through and seen so much crap that she is dead inside and just in survival mode. 

• Love 5

I can't remember who on this forum brought this up, so I'm sorry if I don't give credit, but I think it's such a great theory re:  Amira.

The theory that Amira isn't actually a French citizen, which is why she'll do anything to get to the U.S.  And which is why she can't just go work in cosmetics in France.

We see her dad a lot, but where is her mom?  Her dad is Egyptian.  Perhaps he's in France on a work visa, mom is at home in Egypt, and Amira can't stay in France much longer due to age/not being a dependent?  

Also explains her difficulty in Mexico.  That it wasn't that she answered a question wrong, but that she was a citizen of another country, traveling via France to Mexico, going to the U.S.  

It's also possible that Serbia let her camp there for a couple of weeks due to some greasing of palms.

I was entering Hong Kong once and....let's just say there was some money that had to change hands prior to our group being allowed in.

All theories, but good ones.

Which is why she stays connected to this LARP (although I now know it's Live Action Role Play, I prefer @Mrs. Hanson  who suggested "Lard Ass Role Player"!!).

Edited by Starlight925
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, magemaud said:

If Stephanie walks that gingerly under normal circumstances, I wonder how she does after having vigorous sex four times in one night 

LOL but...yuck. Now I have to think about her voice and that accent in the throes. Disgusting. 

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Oh, yes, YES, YES . . . Ry-uh-Harris.  MORE!!!! 

I think it's closer to a disinterested and numb bunch o "oh yeah," and some really poorly executed dirty talk sprinkled with clinical terms or weird stuff. Ugh, thanks again, now I can't NOT think about the whole thing, so gross. 

• LOL 4

Rewatching Brandon and Julia looking at the church for the wedding and I’m now quite sure it’s not a Catholic Church. “Ken”, who gave them the tour, is identified as the “minister” and inside the church there are no crucifixes, only crosses. 

11 hours ago, magemaud said:

Rewatching Brandon and Julia looking at the church for the wedding and I’m now quite sure it’s not a Catholic Church. “Ken”, who gave them the tour, is identified as the “minister” and inside the church there are no crucifixes, only crosses. 

There are 2 scenes where a plaque on the outside is shown;  it is Saint John's Episcopal church.   I searched online in the vicinity and none of the churches I found by that name matched the architecture.

The people I know who have married in the Episcopal church have all had to have premarital counseling which was not mentioned.  And usually unless they are members, they have to pay a fee for use of the building.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Reminds me of when Veronica admitted on Pillow Talk that she once called another guy Tim in bed, lol!!!  Ooopsies!!!

And if the other guy knew Tim, he’d realize it was an insult 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Twopper said:

There are 2 scenes where a plaque on the outside is shown;  it is Saint John's Episcopal church.   I searched online in the vicinity and none of the churches I found by that name matched the architecture.

I did the same thing, but I couldn’t make out the name or denomination. I searched for brick churches in the area but nothing turned up that looked like that building. Maybe I should try a “reverse image search”...

then again, why am I wasting brain cells on this? I think IF they get married, it will be a courthouse wedding 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

It would be unacceptable to meif my boyfriend  or husband gave me a curfew. He is in for years of nagging and whining, and she will be married to an adolescent. Actually, Yara needs to find something to do with her time. At least Julie gave animal tending a try.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

There's a St. John's Episcopal Church in Richmond, and Dinwiddie is SW of Richmond. 

I did see pictures online, but that church is white clapboard and the interior also doesn't match what we saw

12 hours ago, ethalfrida said:

It would be unacceptable to meif my boyfriend  or husband gave me a curfew. He is in for years of nagging and whining, and she will be married to an adolescent. Actually, Yara needs to find something to do with her time. At least Julie gave animal tending a try.

I don't know, Jovi doesn't seem to think of himself as a real adult and neither does Yara.  Why no one thought of birth control is a mystery.  He might enjoy being one of those hen pecked me who has his schedule set by Yara.  That way she can be an easy scapegoat when he can't go to the club/bar/upstairs at a strip club.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, RealReality said:

He might enjoy being one of those hen pecked me who has his schedule set by Yara

He knows no other way.  His mother IS the boss; apparently he thinks any female in his life assumes that role.  Fortunately, Yara will not allow Jovi's mother to be HER boss!

Edited by Back Atcha
OOPS! Changed "now" to NOT (what I really meant)
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

There's a St. John's Episcopal Church in Richmond, and Dinwiddie is SW of Richmond.    It was founded in the colonial era, and they have all kinds of special historical tours.    Since it was the site of Patrick Henry's Liberty or Death speech, I'm betting there's a plaque.    

Definitely not that one - it’s near downtown Richmond and is called Historic St. John’s Church.

It’s this one: https://www.stjohnshopewell.org

Several of their scenes have been in Chester (part of Chesterfield County, the Southern suburb of Richmond), others have been in Petersburg and Hopewell.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

He knows no other way.  His mother IS the boss; apparently he thinks any female in his life assumes that role.  Fortunately, Yara will now allow Jovi's mother to be HER boss!

I figure, at some point Gwen and Yara are just going to have to arm wrestle or cage fight.  

They are both very strong personalities used to getting their way.  Yara is more direct, but Gwen seems extremely sneaky and will sugar coat her poison.  It will be interesting to see how it goes down with the grandchild.  Yara doesn't seem to like N/O very much, and while I think its an amazing place to visit, I don't know if I'd want to live there.  I wonder if she isn't going to want to move to another state with a city life that isn't quite as.....gritty as New Orleans.  I also wonder if she doesn't feel ready to melt, because I remember N/O being extremely humid

• Love 3
On 3/11/2021 at 9:21 AM, ethalfrida said:

I think Yara is the only 90 Day bride who actually made it to a big city... and she doesn’t even like it.

• Is New Orleans considered a big city?  391,000 population
  • Yara came from Ukraine's most populated city:  2.9 MILLION.
  • Quite a difference
    • in professional opportunities
    • social activities
    • fashion
    • art
    • education

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, RealReality said:

They are both very strong personalities used to getting their way. 

Sorry, RealReality!  Your response allowed me to see my typo.  I wrote that "Yara will now allow Jovi's mother to be HER boss!" 

I meant to write "will NOT allow..........  (I've edited it).

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Back Atcha said:
  • Quite a difference
    • social activities
    • fashion
    • art
    • education

Well, according to creepy David the women in Ukraine are so poor that they only have one pair of shoes and can barely afford to eat, much less enjoy any cultural happenings. 😁

It's probably a matter of perspective, though. My entire county has fewer than 7,000 people. 391,000 is huge to me. For Yara, though? Maybe not. It depends on if she's really from there or if she's from a village but says Kiev because people have heard of it. Though Kiev has a pop of around 3 million, it's really spread out. For me, being in Kiev proper has never felt the same as being in Chicago, Rome, or Paris (cities of comparable population sizes). Unless you're on the Right Bank in the  Shevchenkivskyi or Pecherskyi districts, it feels more suburban-y than city-y.  Interestingly enough, metro New Orleans has a pop size of 1,270,530 which is 100,000 less than it did before Katrina. Some years they see a significant pop growth and some years they see a significant loss. It's kind of sad. 

I bet Julia's watching the scenes right now and thinking it's huge! 

Edited by mamadrama
  • Love 3
On 3/11/2021 at 2:34 PM, Starlight925 said:

I can't remember who on this forum brought this up, so I'm sorry if I don't give credit, but I think it's such a great theory re:  Amira.

The theory that Amira isn't actually a French citizen, which is why she'll do anything to get to the U.S.  And which is why she can't just go work in cosmetics in France.

We see her dad a lot, but where is her mom?  Her dad is Egyptian.  Perhaps he's in France on a work visa, mom is at home in Egypt, and Amira can't stay in France much longer due to age/not being a dependent?  

Also explains her difficulty in Mexico.  That it wasn't that she answered a question wrong, but that she was a citizen of another country, traveling via France to Mexico, going to the U.S.  

It's also possible that Serbia let her camp there for a couple of weeks due to some greasing of palms.

I was entering Hong Kong once and....let's just say there was some money that had to change hands prior to our group being allowed in.

All theories, but good ones.

I think it really was just as simple as her only possessing a one way ticket during a pandemic when traveling was still a little wonky. If she answered the question the way she said she did then it's not surprising to me that she was detained. Rather than saying that she was simply there for a vacation, she basically answered it in a way that let them know that she was using it as a way to circumvent covid travel restrictions to backdoor her way into the US. She should have had a roundtrip ticket and avoided mentioning a fiance or the US. "I'm here on vacation," is all she should be offered when asked. If pressed, "Here's my hotel reservations and my ticket home". EU nationals can get into Serbia with a national ID card. Egyptians must have a special visa that costs around $600. That entire region was my area when I wrote for Rough Guides. I can't imagine slipping a border agent cash there-it's one of the strictest countries I've worked in. It would be akin to trying to bribe a passport control officer at JFK. 

These 2 dummies are all over the internet giving the inside scoop on what happened. It doesn't sound like anything weird, I think they really are just daft. (Though I like her more than him.)

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Back Atcha said:
  • Quite a difference
    • social activities
    • fashion
    • art
    • education

It’s not all geographical area. Big cities  are also defined as a large city with a large population and many services. The population is less than one million but over 300,000 people.  The big city is used to refer to a large city which seems attractive to someone because they think there are many exciting things to do there, and many opportunities to earn a lot of money.

Edited by ethalfrida
  • Love 2
On 3/11/2021 at 2:34 PM, Starlight925 said:

Yes, that was me. Actually my husband called it right away. He can't spot immigration motivated decisions since he was DACA and so were his siblings. He thinks she is from Serbia and that's why Andrew told her to go there and she is just pretending to be a French citizen. Andrew has said in recent interviews that the family is broke and hustling for money.  Who knows though. All theory. 

• Useful 3