Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E13: Forgive But Never Forget

• Start Topic

• Natalie almost gets what she wants; Brandon and Julia argue about the wedding.
  • Things get wild at Jovi’s bachelor party; Hazel worries Tarik has feelings for their ex.
  • Zied threatens to go back home; Stephanie gets serious with Harris.

Airs Sunday March 7 @ 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM EST

The topic will unlock upon the start of the episode.

(edited)

Phony baloney Natalie being so nice now that the time is getting closer.  She makes me sick.  Dummy Mike saw the real Natalie in Ukraine.  Did he forget that’s the real Natalie?        The way Brandon Mother is acting, you would think it’s her wedding.  Butt out.  Leave the kids alone. It’s their day, not yours.  Betty is making Julia nervous.  She’s not her Mother. 

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Am I seeing things or did Natalies boobs get bigger?   Is there a live chat going on?  Where’s everyone?

All of Natalie got bigger. Thicker in the waist, and if she were preggers, I'm sure she'd have used that ammo pronto.

• Love 6

I'd be willing to bet there's shenanigans going on with the nonJovi and stripper scene.  Just the way she leaned in and whispered something to him appeared to me that she was suggesting going upstairs as a joke.  

• Love 3
(edited)

I feel like Andrew had one hot second in character in a 12th grade B level Brit Lit Shakespeare recitation exercise.

And he's been trying to milk it for the past 10 years. A foreign M'Lady has fallen for it but the jig is up soon, M'Lord.

My lord these, people!

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • LOL 9
  • Love 13

Jovi Jovi Jovi. I have my own theories on Jovi. I feel like Jovi has been perceived as the black sheep within the family, and a fuck up his whole life. Given his teeth (pacifier mouth) and that Gwen's current husband isn't Jovi's real dad but raised Jovi from toddlerhood, Gwen and Jovi's life might have been rough at the start, his ACES score may be high and he's got some baggage back there. Everyone wants Jovi to straighten up and fly right and Jovi just wants to be himself. The rub of knowing everyone sees him as the family fuck up is friction, he pushes back against it to be himself. I see defiance and defense to being himself when he acts like a dummy.  Going into a private room w/a  stripper while your pregnant  wife is home injured isn't cool Jovi! My gosh! 

Yara picked the perfect dress and Mother Brandon needs to watch Gwen do wedding dress shopping 101 w/foreign fiancee.

I don't have a lot to stay about Stephanie, it's sad. The only funny part was Partner AMFBI woke up on the couch to say "The cousin is much better looking than that last one."  haha

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

This episode was fairly excruciating for me because of the whining, high pitched whining and nagging, in every couple.  

I quickly FF thru Amira and her hair extensions, sorry girl.  
I only watch Stephanie and her rolling head and half mast eyelids so I can remind myself to never go so low in desperation.  
Natalie and her lower lip.  
Mama Brandon, hands over her face to simulate crying, needs to get a foreign exchange student, except they would turn her in for making them slop hogs.  
Rebecca and her face chewing - and telling Zied to find his own place to live for a month.  What a dick.   
Hazel, and her big angry-sad pout, mad at Mr T for wanting to maybe be with the old GF.  At least Minty smiles and flirts with him.
The rest, I forgot overnight.  Do you think we will have an in-person tell all?

• Love 17
(edited)
8 hours ago, John M said:

Is the only part of Stephanie's face that can move is her jaw? She looks like a broken nutcracker.

Last rites. DEAD.  deceased.  arms across chest.  joining the choir invisible.  Buried.

Stephani is a nutcracker and a nut,  the all-in-one package.

Edited by Twopper
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

@Uncle JUICE, I agree about Stephanie.  She’s loaded on drugs and it’s scary to watch.  If I was part of the film crew, I’d feel dirty for participating in the production that capitalizes on her addictions.  I feel dirty for watching it.

I wonder how much Natalie gets in royalties for all her acting jobs that she has had.  Given the fact that she seems to be a legit actress, why the heck would she be so determined to marry this schlub?  Buy his sperm from him, go back to your mama and be done with it.

• Love 9
16 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Phony baloney Natalie being so nice now that the time is getting closer.  She makes me sick.  Dummy Mike saw the real Natalie in Ukraine.  Did he forget that’s the real Natalie?  

And I saw just the opposite.  Mike makes ME sick.   

• Love 13

Jovi has that friend that wives and girlfriends hate.  The one who encourages/ leads a husband or fiancé into temptation.  I have a feeling that if the cameras weren’t there, the married friend would have gone with them to the strip club.

Natalie is exhausting.  She couldn’t just take the ring back.  She needs a whole production.

I am getting Seasons 2 (Dani/Mo, Jason/Cassi, Chelsea/Yamir) and Season 6 (Ashley/Jay, Colt/Larissa and Jon/Fernanda) vibes from this group.  In that half the couples will get divorced. 

• Love 6
(edited)

If all these couples end the season still wondering if they are pregnant, pretending not to be pregnant or continuing to have unprotected sex WHILE still deliberating over whether or not they should get married, I will slice my own wrists. Ok, maybe not but none of them have earned my respect or admiration so far.

Edited by Colfrmb
  • Love 8

Natalie and Mike: The wedding shop lady was lovely and really helped the bride to be find a beautiful dress. Natalie's eyes opened wide like Gollum when Mike finally gave her the precioussssssssssss, er, the ring back. I don't know if these two will make it. I don't know if they like each other or even love each other. They do seem to like the drama and the conflict. When Natalie threw back the ring, Mike should have ended it and not called her again. It wasn't really working in the Ukraine and when she got to Washington State, it wasn't working at all.

Brandon and Julia: The groom doesn't always show much interest in the wedding day, dress, suit, or church. Maybe Betty would have preferred a daughter instead of Brandon. The whole Mother's Day date being the next day has zero impact on the wedding ceremony.  It's not a major church holiday like Christmas or Easter. The day changes every year. Unless there are multiple weddings being held that day, there is no issue. 

Rebecca and Zied: Why is she meeting him outside the chicken place's fire door? Slipping him some food under the bucket? Have a civil wedding before Ramadan (even on your lunch break) and then have a party after Eid. No need for her to stay at her daughter's or anything.

Hazel and Tarik: Tarik, the white suit and blue tie is a bit much for the wedding day. Both you and Hazel need to decide if you really want a third party in your marriage and how you are going to make it work. Hazel cares more about finding a girlfriend than you. If it is a transactional marriage (i.e. you get a 'wife' to show off and basically spend little time with, and she gets to use you as a way to find a girlfriend and stay married to you for convenience) make that clear to her. And she needs to make it clear to you.  I missed a chunk of their installments on the show.

Amira and Andrew: She seems so flat around him. Maybe she doesn't emote much or can't show joy or happiness at being reunited with the man she loves. She also seems to be doing most of the work. Is he paying for part of her expenses to go to Serbia? Except for a Green Card, I'd like to know what he has to offer her. She offers him a pretty girl. Her father is right, though.

Stephanie and Harriryan: Now she's move on to the cousin for the rest of her disastrous trip. Expecting someone who hasn't seen you in 10 months to be loving you the way you think he does may not be realistic. You have no idea what your 27 year old former fiance has been doing. And he is not likely to tell you. When things soured with him, you went to the better looking cousin. Who apparently has 3 kids with more than one woman. As you get older, you get that baggage. He is also not really interested in moving to the US. Money or not. She also seemed high or drunk or both or having some sort of reaction to prescription drugs and somewhat loopy. Stay at the resort for the last 2 or 3 days, soak up the sun, do some shopping, have a few nice meals, and go home to re-evaluate some of your choices. Find someone who lives closer to you. You are a successful businesswoman and you should be able to attract a more mature, stable dude.

Jovi and Yara: If they marry, I don't give it a good shot at lasting more than a couple of years, or until they grow up. Or look in the mirror and have no idea who the other is. And decide on child custody and visitation. Jovi's mom was a bit better with dress shopping with her future daughter in law than Betty.  I guess Yara wanted a more glitzy Vegas type dress for a Vegas wedding than a traditional bridal gown. I would think that the bridal shop would have had some form fitting sheath type gowns that would also work. Simple, elegant, but also Vegas-y. Yara is also lucky that she fits in to a small size off the rack gown that wouldn't need a lot of alterations, except for hemming (if she can't walk in high heels) or a bit of tucking here and there. For Vegas, you might want something glizty. And also if you do some partying, you can re-use it multiple times. Jovi maybe should have re-evaluated his bachelor party with his 2 friends. His pregnant girlfriend slipped the same day and maybe you could just spend time with her instead - especially if you are leaving early in the AM to Vegas. You could have had the party a few days ago. I was surprised when he had a curfew (to get up on time and not have a massive hangover) but still chose to get drunk. I was also surprised that he would visit strip clubs 5-6 times per week. He must have had a lot of disposable cash. I also would be surprised if the strip club visiting after the wedding stopped. No idea if the young lady was offering her private services for cash upstairs or what. The dude is getting married in a couple of days and it's a bit disrespectful to the bride. Especially if it's filmed for a TV show that she will eventually see.

• Love 10

Natalie, FFS this is going to be your 3rd marriage. Just go to the courthouse. I'm sick of her whining and bitching and acting like it's her first big wedding day. 

*She did look gorgeous in those dresses, though.  So did Yara. They make them pretty in Ukraine. 

• Love 12
(edited)

The hymn  board --or the board next to it- shows that it is the 2nd Sunday in Lent.  So the Brandon family visit to the church was around March 8, 2020.   I thought I could figure out what church it was, but I am not having any luck with that.

The picture of the church shows the name,but it is too small to read on my tv.   I would guess it is St Somebody or Other unless it is All Saints,  just based on the length of the name.

Okay, on a later shot, it says "Saint John's Church."  I guess I missed this shot when I was typing last night on the live chat.

Edited by Twopper
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Brandon's contempt for his mother has leeched into his feelings about women in general. The way he talked to Julia in the back of the church was so obnoxious & absolutely unacceptable. Is it possible I hate him even more than his parents?

Rebecca at this point seems to be being a bitch just for the sake of being a bitch. Is she actually trying to tell us Zied never mentioned Ramadan to her? Why should he have to? It's a global f'ing holiday, you idiot! If she doesn't know things about it & is marrying her second Muslim husband, that's on her. 

I'm done w/stupid Amira & stupider sweaty Andrew. FF for now on.

I feel so sad for poor, depressed Hazel. She seems so lost.

Edited by TakeAPinotGrigio
  • Love 16
(edited)

My theory on Hazel:  She's actually a lesbian (again, just my theory), but she wants to come to America so bad, that she agreed to marry Tarek.

K-1 Visas are available for same-sex couples, but it was easier to find a horny American guy for a petite Phillipino woman who would go through all the trouble of bringing her here, than it would be for her to find her own American girlfriend, develop a relationship, etc. 

Which is why Hazel wants a girlfriend to add to their relationship so badly.

But, it can't be Minty, because Tarek is attracted to Minty, and Hazel worries that Minty will edge her way in, and edge Hazel back to the Philippines.  

Even if Hazel marries Tarek, and Minty edges her way in, Hazel needs Tarek to stay interested in her sexually, to pay for her stay here in America and pay for her son to get here.

So Hazel gets a girlfriend, marries Tarek, brings her son here, and says "buh bye" to Tarek, because by then, she figures she can develop some sort of work skill, or meet a girlfriend who will take care of them both.

Again, just my theory.  It's the only way I can explain the deadness we see in Hazel's eyes around Tarek.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Useful 1
  • Love 20
8 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Jovi Jovi Jovi. I have my own theories on Jovi. I feel like Jovi has been perceived as the black sheep within the family, and a fuck up his whole life.

I got the feeling he was kinda the golden child, working the same job his father did, apple of mom's eye, can do no wrong from what we've seen. He seems more like a spoiled brat than someone trying to catch up from behind.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

I didn't see it that way.  He KNEW how much that ring meant to her (too much, really).  It would have felt the same if he tossed it at her and said, "Put it on."   He's never going to give her what she needs; he'll never understand what she needs.  He's a he-man who's always right.  She's needy.

Couldn't he at least say I love you, and look at her with kindness WHILE putting the ring on?  And if he CANNOT FORIVE her for what happened in her country...why bother being together in his?    I hope they don't come back.  Or...go to Discovery+ where I won't be watching.

He practically tossed the ring at her, though. He seemed to resent giving her the ring at all, never mind being kind to her. "Jeez, here's your ring, for crying out loud. Just put it on, why do you have to talk and talk and talk all the time?" I hate him.

14 minutes ago, TakeAPinotGrigio said:

I got the feeling he was kinda the golden child, working the same job his father did, apple of mom's eye, can do no wrong from what we've seen. He seems more like a spoiled brat than someone trying to catch up from behind.

I agree, Jovi's mother acts like his shit is ice cream. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, Colfrmb said:

If all these couples end the season still wondering if they are pregnant, pretending not to be pregnant or continuing to have unprotected sex WHILE still deliberating over whether or not they should get married, I will slice my own wrists. Ok, maybe not but none of them have earned my respect or admiration so far.

Watch .. it will say “to be continued next season”.   They better wrap every story line up.  I think viewers have had enough of this farce of a show.  Enough is enough.

• Love 12
(edited)

Gwen wins as the best mother-in-law ever. I love how supportive and sweet she is to Jovi and Yara. And I think Yara is coming around. Jovi kind of likes that Yara keeps him on his toes, because I think he needs to constantly be given feedback and told what to do, or he will regress into a clueless party boy and try to marry a stripper because he just wants someone hot. And really, it would be hard for Yara to find a guy that would try as hard as Jovi and take so many ego blows. He knows he needs to cater to her and buy her things, and that's a quality that is hard to find in men these days. So they are that old school traditional couple in a way. 

Natalie is very pretty but she annoys me to no end with her childish behavior, pouting, skipping, jumping, and acting like a first grader. I think she would be a great preschool teacher though, but she needs someone who will hold her accountable and make her grow up. Mike is not going to help her grow-- so that's a problem. It's the blind leading the blind. 

I think that Andrew's gf is in France as a refugee. She probably has a temp green card or temp visa of some sort to be in France which is why they wouldn't let her into Mexico. But also, why she is so determined to be with loser of the year Andrew. 

Stephanie trying to replace Ryan with Harris within 2-hours is pretty sad. She comes off as looking at Harris and Ryan as property and that's why they hate her, or have no qualms with scamming her, IMO. She's really the loser in that situation. Both Ryan and Harris are just around to feed her ego and make her feel young-- she's really no different than the loser guys in the US who try to find a hot wife abroad cuz no US citizen would give them the time of day. Stephanie wants the young hot guy. Her brushing off Harris' three kids shows how delusional she is. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Starlight925 said:

My theory on Hazel:  She's actually a lesbian (again, just my theory), but she wants to come to America so bad, that she agreed to marry Tarek.

K-1 Visas are available for same-sex couples, but it was easier to find a horny American guy for a petite Phillipino woman who would go through all the trouble of bringing her here, than it would be for her to find her own American girlfriend, develop a relationship, etc. 

But, it can't be Minty, because Tarek is attracted to Minty, and Hazel worries that Minty will edge her way in, and edge Hazel back to the Philippines.  

Even if Hazel marries Tarek, and Minty edges her way in, Hazel needs Tarek to stay interested in her sexually, to pay for her stay here in America and pay for her son to get here.

So Hazel gets a girlfriend, marries Tarek, brings her son here, and says "buh bye" to Tarek, because by then, she figures she can develop some sort of work skill, or meet a girlfriend who will take care of them both.

Again, just my theory.  It's the only way I can explain the deadness we see in Hazel's eyes around Tarek.

I find they both have dead eyes, and their storyline is of no interest, I usually take a needed break and do something more exciting like empty the dishwasher when they’re on. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Has Almira actually met Andrew in person before?  My heart continues to break for the three women, Natalie, Yara and Julie, I can only hope they are treated with more respect and love than what we’re being shown.  If i were to leave my country, culture and family it would have to be for an amazing guy and relationship.

• Love 5

I wish Julia and Zied would somehow find each other and ride off into the sunset, and the rest of them would all just fall off the face of the earth. There’s not one couple worth rooting for in this bunch, and they’re all highly unlikable except for Julia, Zied and Yara every once in a while. This season is mostly a waste of viewing time. And seeing that we’re still on Page one on the comments 24 hours after the show aired it looks like I’m not the only one with that opinion

• Love 15
3 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

I think that Tarek, Dead eyes Hazel and Minty were already a thrupple so that ship has sailed.  Didn't they say that Minty was their girlfriend then Hazel got jealous so they broke up with Minty? Then shady Tarek continued to talk to Minty on the sly, Hazel found out and now she doesn't trust either one of them. If I were Tarek I would dump Hazel, send her back to the Phillipines and get on with Minty. At least Minty has a personality and seems to like Tarek more than Hazel does.  Hazel is just a sad sack, expressionless bore. 

It looks like Stephanie has an alcohol problem. She's been drunk the entire time she's been in Belize. I thought she was going to fall down the stairs one time and then I thought she was going to fall up the stairs another time.  I can't stand the way she says Harris. Hair-Asssssss.!

• Love 8

How 'effin stupid is Tarzel? Calling your ex-gf to get advice about what your next gf should be like?  Like who does that??  Nobodyit's just stupid.  Am I allowed to use the word stupid?  What a stupid thing to do.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

Dead on. I had been wondering why they barely seem to have any kind of physical connection. It's because she's REALLY just not that into him. Tarik, drop Hazel and get you some Minty tout de suite.

I'm over most of these folks. Even Julia's starting to piss me off but at least she asked the right question ("why are we getting married?").

I'm imagining Amira's life in Roseville, CA, living with Andrew and his mom and working at the day care putting makeup on 4-year-olds. Sure hope it's worth it, Amira.

Natalie, you ain't fooling nobody, including Mike.

Do we know how old Harris is? Not that it matters...

I do miss New Orleans.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, gotta watch said:

Harris looked like he was escorting a 90 year old when he and Stephanie were walking. 

I can’t decide if Stephanie walks like an old lady or a little girl playing dress up and trying to walk in her mother’s high heels 

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
(edited)

Mike. WTF? You're lucky crazy Natalie didn't garrote you with a fishing line with that stupid ass conversation. She had THREE WEEKS LEFT you balding bitch. Shit or get off the pot. Don't say "we'll see...progress is being made." Didn't they have a wedding date set already anyway? Give her the stupid ring or send her home. Natalie's intentions are totally transparent so I have to respect her for that. He thinks he is being coy and clever all the time when really he's a not bright, not attractive, not charismatic douchebag.

THAT SAID getting a ring back now seems to be like the saddest goal a woman could have. There was no love or joy there from either of them. I didn't realize what that moment would mean but then I saw how loveless and anticlimactic it was -- two desperate yet delusionally self-important people pretending they love each other exchange a timeless token of love on a filthy, cat piss soaked carpet before they disappear into a wood paneled bedroom with a mattress on the floor and a sheet tacked up as a curtain to bang. 

Edited by Lambie
Fingers fly faster than rage
  • LOL 4
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, endure said:

Has Almira actually met Andrew in person before?

Yes, in one of the first episodes, Amira said she and Andrew had already met in person more than once.

• Love 4

Brandon is a little pu**y.  There.  I said it.  

54 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I can’t decide if Stephanie walks like an old lady or a little girl playing dress up and trying to walk in her mother’s high heels 

She looks downright frail and way older than her age. 

• Love 21
4 hours ago, TakeAPinotGrigio said:

Rebecca at this point seems to be being a bitch just for the sake of being a bitch. Is she actually trying to tell us Zied never mentioned Ramadan to her? Why should he have to? It's a global f'ing holiday, you idiot! If she doesn't know things about it & is marrying her second Muslim husband, that's on her. 

She said "he picks and chooses which parts of being Muslim to follow..." so I think her issue was that they already weren't supposed to be living together and doing the nasty, so how was she supposed to know that Ramadan changed that? He never specified it to her.

5 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Brandon and Julia: The groom doesn't always show much interest in the wedding day, dress, suit, or church. Maybe Betty would have preferred a daughter instead of Brandon. The whole Mother's Day date being the next day has zero impact on the wedding ceremony.  It's not a major church holiday like Christmas or Easter. The day changes every year. Unless there are multiple weddings being held that day, there is no issue. 

In my church, Mother's Day is a big deal. It's one of the few holidays that consistently has kids (adult or otherwise) coming to services with their families. There's a special reception afterward, the Moms all get flowers, blah blah blah. But really Mother Brandon just needs to walk it off....

• Love 6

Besides the obvious green card situation, I don't understand why any of these people want to even be married?

Maybe I am just jaded because I didn't marry until my mid-30s after watching pretty much everyone I know that got married and have their relationships implode, but do people not understand that it is basically just a serious business transaction? If you don't have assets to protect or think you might need to access rights under family law, why even bother?

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
13 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

I agree about Hazel being a lesbian, but I think her eyes are permanently dead. She just has unattractive, widely spaced, small piggy eyes.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

Rebecca you're moving the wedding up, not rushing the marriage.  The marriage comes after the wedding. This isn't your first rodeo.

Jovi's friend could have at least pretended to care when he told them that Yara fell. 

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

A lot of churches here have online services or very limited number of folks attending. If they wanted a May wedding last year, I think they would be affected by closures because of Covid.

Or have a wedding even if they can’t afford it.  Rebeccas fourth marriage.  A joke.  A trip to Vegas while pregnant (Yara) during a pandemic.  Natalie thinks a crummy engagement ring will seal the deal.  A ring means nothing.  It doesn’t guarantee a marriage.  She got the ring back and immediately began to dictate to him about stupid things as usual.  The girl is annoying and so is Mike.  No heat in that little house?  They have to keep shoving wood into that stove?  She had better in Ukraine.  Probably just wants the green card, then split.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, TeapotWakeen said:

She said "he picks and chooses which parts of being Muslim to follow..." so I think her issue was that they already weren't supposed to be living together and doing the nasty, so how was she supposed to know that Ramadan changed that? He never specified it to her.

In my church, Mother's Day is a big deal. It's one of the few holidays that consistently has kids (adult or otherwise) coming to services with their families. There's a special reception afterward, the Moms all get flowers, blah blah blah. But really Mother Brandon just needs to walk it off....

Well, I once got married on May 7th.  So the nearest weekend was always Mother's Day.  Every restaurant was packed and reservations were impossible.  It was as bad as going out on Valentines Day!  I am thankful that my current anniversary date is Oct 24th, so it is just another weekend.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, TeapotWakeen said:

That’s really nice.  Mothers are taken for granted sometimes.  My two girls who have kids, say it’s much easier to go to work than being a stay at home Mother.  A lot do both.  I give them lots of credit.  I stood home until my three went to high school,then worked part time.  That was enough.  Most husbands have one job.  A Mother has much more.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

A lot of churches here have online services or very limited number of folks attending. If they wanted a May wedding last year, I think they would be affected by closures because of Covid.

You're right! I forgot for a few minutes about Covid. How dare you remind me? (shakes fist) 😁😉

• LOL 1