Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E03: Guys Gone Wild

• Start Topic

A guys night out reveals new secrets about Jackie and Evan's marriage. Joe Gorga begins to worry that Melissa has been unfaithful, but Jennifer reveals a secret that could also destroy his business.

Airdate: 03.03.2021

Please limit discussion to the events of this episode; current events are spoilers.

I don't know what is true here, but what I think is that:

1. The whole Evan cheating nonsense is all about presenting a story for the show.  Manufactured drama.

2. The reason Jackie is not along on the trip has all to do with Covid concerns and nothing to do with Teresa.  

Whose idea was it to include Lexie and her ambiguous accent?

I'm not saying these ladies need to dress in twinsets and sensible shoes, but these play clothes look like they would be better suited to  someone 12 or under.

The dumb guys are actually more fun to watch.

• Love 15

At this point, I think I would rather see a show with the husbands, rather than the housewives, because they all crack me up!  

For some reason, I freakin' love Frank Catania!!!  And, he makes Joe Gorga more likeable!  

And the Gorga's basement looks amazing - I wonder if the recording studio is still there.  (I wonder what the basement in the new house will be like.)

• Like 1
  • Love 13
(edited)

Wow, Teresa got the anchor in the tag lines.  I’m shocked!  And Melissa is still trying to plug her shitty store with no customers thorough a lame play on words in her tag line.  😩

Check out Margaret setting the stage with a call to Joe to make it clear that her position on the Tre/Jackie feud is that Teresa is wrong, Jackie is right.  Maybe Margaret is carrying something over from last season too—Teresa telling Danielle to pull her ponytail.  I have been saying for seasons that if people think Teresa is wrong, they need to come for her.  But they are all too worried about their pocketbooks to really take it to the house, so I’m not going to jump through hoops agreeing with them when they are too afraid to state a case.  Give me a reason to turn on Teresa; don’t expect me to infer it—that’s literally why they have a show.  

HaHaHa on Teresa saying that she apologized to Jackie because she literally said “sorry.”  Not for nothing, but the difference between what Teresa said and what Jackie said is that there is footage of Teresa saying “sorry” to Jackie’s face. 🤫

Dolores is so right that Jackie doesn’t have a real reason to be upset; she just wants to be outraged.  I don’t know that Jackie has experienced a real problem.  No one with a real set of problems gets that upset that Jen did an impression of them on Instagram.  

I wish Lexi would not speak.  I wish she would not be there.  

Dolores looks so good this season, so healthy.  She looked so good in that tie-dyed outfit; I want her tan!  Everything she said about sex is how I feel—don’t put a number out there, whether it’s age you lost your v-card or how many partners, and the gold standard is marriage, so it’s not something to brag about loudly if one had multiple partners (man or woman, IMO—there is private or anonymous discussion on one hand, and there is shouting from the rooftops in a misguided effort to appear cosmopolitan on the other.  Spoiler alert:  not one person who has ever graced this show has been cosmopolitan). I agree with Jennifer that it’s not really an appropriate thing to put on TV when you have a spouse.  I admire that Jennifer refused to discuss details of her sex life to Andy in the past.  

Melissa is so that bitch that wants to keep Joe from even looking at other hoes, but she can feel free to be Melissa Motherfucking Gorga and jump onto guys and hug them with both legs on her fortieth birthday.  This happens a lot when there is a significant looks/intellect disparity in the relationship—the “better” partner thinks they can put the “worse” partner through the paces.  And Melissa is only better in relation to Joe.  She’s not a picnic by any other rubric.

Nice Italian, Joe.  It’s about as good as Luann’s French.  🙄 

Why does Melissa always feel the need to announce, “I’m tipsy!” as if she just figured out the Theory of Everything?  I hate drunk Melissa.  She has been doing this from the beginning, when she was trying to cozy up to Teresa’s friends.  She’d get drunk and try to bond with Jacqueline by screaming in Jacq’s face that she was a “Closet!  Whore!”  I weep for anyone who has to attempt to have a conversation with Melissa.  Maybe she isn’t the intellectual better to Joe.  

I fucking hate that Bravo teased us with Teresa “telling” JoeGo that Melissa was flirting and then they did a whole segment on the fakery. This is just like season 7, when there wasn’t much going on, so they previewed Teresa calling Joe from the hot springs to rescue her from “that bitch Jacqueline,” when it was all only a prank the whole time.  This is not a legitimate alternative to a storyline.  It’s a cop-out, and if they do it much more, I will drop the show.  

Hahahaha, I love Jennifer outing JoeGo as a poser loser.  Dolores was there for it in a sly way too.  

Aw, Evan didn’t show up to that pathetic guys’ night.  I guess he was...at the gym?  😇 

Joe Benigno is more of a punk bitch than Teresa—“the rumor” was that Evan’s got a girlfriend and “the rumor” was that it’s true and at any given point in a day there are 10 girls in his house and “none of them talk quietly”?  That’s stirring the pot with real talk.  That’s much more inciteful than someone with an axe to grind saying “I heard he does things at the gym.”  I don’t care that Joe said this, because he’s on TV and he is being paid to talk shit, so he’s doing his job, but it is quite shady that Margaret is putting it out there that she is completely Team Jackie on the phone to Joe, but then, to keep the show moving, Joe goes to guys’ night and talks mad shit, and all of the guys subtly conveyed their support for the rumor whilst speaking the party line that it’s “99% not true” but there’s always that other “one percent”.  It’s just very interesting at this point that all the guys are going there.  Is Jackie going to demand a retraction from them too?

I would pay good money to see Dorlores’s reaction if Jackie told Frank that she heard Frank Jr is doing PED’s in the bathroom at the gym.  That would be witness protection time.  

If they continue to show guys’ scenes on a Housewives show, I’m also out.  They clearly don’t have sufficient footage to bring a season to air, so I have a wild idea...don’t air it!  Episode one there were so many flashbacks to shit that had been filmed that didn’t make it to an episode.  Teresa kind of did everyone’s pocketbook a favor by kicking off the season and giving them something to film with the “rumor” bullshit that didn’t have an aura of truth until Jackie validated it with her reaction.  

Why does Jackie think Teresa needs to clear Evan’s name?  If Teresa has nothing true to say, according to Jackie, if she has no evidence, what the fuck does it matter what she says about Evan?  Why isn’t Jackie trying to get Teresa to apologize for disrespecting Evan at his birthday party?  Why is it so important, instead, that Teresa “clear” Evan’s name?  Why does Teresa have that much power over Jackie’s life?  This all sounds very off to me.  Everything Teresa said is true—Jackie has no backbone, she’s weak, and she may have an “inklinck” that he’s cheating.  Teresa is being hypocritical, but she’s also right on these issues at this time.  

This reminds me of The Office, when Michael Scott was spreading untrue rumors around the office, including that Andy was gay, and at the end of the episode Andy asked Michael, “Michael, is it true?  Am I gay?”  Like if you need absolution from Michael Scott/Teresa, you’ve got a fucking problem.  

Jackie is too weak for Teresa, she seems too weak for Dolores, she’s took weak for the show, and she’s too weak for me.  She should have been in Lake George with her “top quality fabric” from whatever that means in her tag line to defend herself and get all up in Teresa’s bid-niz the way Dolores would if Teresa ever talked about Dolores’s family or relationship.  Jackie is a spineless creep.  She should not have gotten paid for an episode in which she didn’t make a live appearance.  

I won’t watch WWHL—it is against my religion—but I saw it written across the screen when I was watching the show that Jackie will be on with Andy tonight. Bitch.  Move.  Jackie gets to duck out of the vacation, duck out of the episode, and duck out of her job because she’s afraid to square off against Teresa and lose to her again, but she gets to give her side to Andy (and with eight months to rehearse and reflect, which is the only thing she’s good at).  Teresa, say what you will about her, is fully entrenched in this game.  Jackie has forfeited.  Team Teresa x1,000, because, to quote Lady Gaga, I “don’t want no paper gangster” who “don’t have no follow through.”  Go big or go (stay) home.  Lead, follow, or get out of the way and off my screen.  She’s a succubus on this show.  

Edited by LibertarianSlut
Typos
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16
34 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Why does Melissa always feel the need to announce, “I’m tipsy!” as if she just figured out the Theory of Everything?  I hate drunk Melissa.

That was quite a performance from her in this episode, from exaggeratingly throwing her glass by the fire to stumbling about in the house and falling over the back of the couch.  I found her particularly loathsome tonight.

45 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I would pay good money to see Dorlores’s reaction if Jackie told Frank that she heard Frank Jr is doing PED’s in the bathroom at the gym.  That would be witness protection time.  

I don't think she ever would.  She strikes me as someone who only has the balls to go after low hanging fruit.

47 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I won’t watch WWHL—it is against my religion

Allow me...Andy took every opportunity to throw Teresa under the bus while Jackie gleefully cackled. Oh, and Jackie's lip was looking especially wonky.  Is it botox, fillers, nerve damage?  Jackie threw as much shade as she could.  Particularly ironic when she was putting down T's wardrobe.  Y'know, Jackie, the fashionista, sitting on a black sofa in a  silver top against a silver wall, altogether looking like something out of a 70's disco scene.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 15

I didn't see the humor in Teresa punking Joe but they all seemed to think it was hysterical, so, I guess it's just me.  Can you imagine how Teresa would have reacted if it was done to her?   Of course it would have been true when she was married to the other Joe.  Not Margaret's Joe or her brother Joe.  Her ex husband Joe.

• Love 12
(edited)

I'm #teamjackie in this case, but I do feel like she's losing her focus.  She should be pissed about Teresa coming to a party that she hosted, as her guest, with her friends and family and saying such a foul thing about her husband.  She doesn't need to be so focused on T clearing his name. I'm not sure that Teresa saying that Evan doesn't cheat or that this was a baseless rumor is going to do much for those who want to believe it.  

I'm also not sure I agree that such a rumor would impact his business - Evan is in finance, and basically managing director type level, right?  If not higher?   Please - none of them give a shit about a rumor of infidelity on the real housewives of NJ, especially when you consider the lifestyle of that world.  I don't think Evan Goldschneider cheated on his wife for a moment, but I do believe that when you are working in that world, with that much money and access to a certain lifestyle, there are plenty who ARE unfaithful, just because they can be, and those who push the boundries in their personal lives every day.  And nobody bats an eyelash because at the end of the day, it's about the dollar and if that keeps rolling in, who the fuck cares.  Corporate america is a greedy bitch that checked her standards at the door a long time ago.  So yes, Teresa needs to apologize for being a shit for making such a statement.  She should apologize for a lot.  But "clear his name?"  With who, exactly?  America?  Bravo viewers?  His name doesn't need to be cleared with the hedge fund managers of the world.   

Joe and his "The rumor is he has a girlfriend" and that he'd heard it before was....interesting.  

Dolores and her "this is dumb, everybody get over it" was great.  And Amen.  And Jen shining light onto the sleaze that is JoeGo, go JEN.  We've heard rumors for year that the Gorgas are not on the up and up.  Does anybody REALLY know what Joe Gorga does for a living?  

I'm loving Dolores and Jen's more relaxed and natural styles this season.  Seeing them with less makeup on is so much nicer than the plastic surgery sag of Teresa Giudice or Margaret, or the carefully crafted Melissa Gorga.  Yes, I know in their TH they are all done up, but when just filming during the day it's a nice change of pace.  And they are both really pretty.  

I loved Melissa's outfit in Lake George.  And then I realized I liked it so much because it reminded me of something similar that my daughter wore when she was not quite two and she toddled around with a sun hat on her head and her little baby belly sticking out and was so damn adorable.  Who wore it better - the housewife or the toddler?  The toddler, that's who. 

Edited by BrindaWalsh
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14

She’d get drunk and try to bond with Jacqueline by screaming in Jacq’s face that she was a “Closet!  Whore!”

Beats being a prostitution whore, I guess?

If the husbands are more entertaining than the HWs, you know the show is in trouble...

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

To be fair, I have enjoyed the last 3 or 4 seasons of this show, I like the cast as a group overall, and am curious to see how things realign with Danielle gone, since she was something of the "villain" on this show (just as much as it was interesting seeing the cast realign themselves after Jacqueline and Siggy left).

• Love 10
(edited)

Uhhhh Jennifer mind your own business. My opinion but if I heard from someone that my friends husband owed them money I would keep my mouth shut. NONE of her business. Then again, Jennifer doesn't like Melissa so she probably can't wait to start more shit with her. Delores doesn't care for Melissa either so of course she went along with it. Just don't do it tonight, we don't want to ruin dinner! 

2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Dolores looks so good this season, so healthy.  She looked so good in that tie-dyed outfit;

She better look good after all that plastic surgery she's been talking about. The woman has had everything done. 

I love Margaret dragging Tre in her TH's this season. I wonder what Tre thinks seeing this now. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 6

I usually love my NJ ladies, but so far this season, they are all just a bit too try hard.

Teresa is trying too hard to maintain her HBIC/OG status.  She is also trying too hard to live her younger days as an older woman.  She didn't get the opportunity to "live it up" when she was in her 20's, so she's making up for lost time with the shots, drinking and otherwise younger girl behaviors.

Jackie is trying too hard to be the injured party and prove SHE should be HBIC.

Melissa is trying too hard to be the hot, fun one.  Some of her clothing choices are immature (think too cutesy), and the whole "I'm tipsy" with staggering and slurring is gettng old.  She does have a great figure though,

Margaret is trying too hard to be the rational one with the cute one-liners.  And, she's also another one with very questionable taste in clothing.

Jennifer is trying too hard to stir the pot and get in everyone's business.

Delores, for the most part, is pretty normal, so I really have nothing to say, except I like her.

Oh, and what's her name...Margaret's assistant....she's just trying too hard and needs to go.

On another note - I wonder about what Margaret's Joe said, and if he and Margaret may have heard some Evan rumors prior to Teresa spilling it all at Evan's party.  

• Love 11

Jackie can't keep her story straight. She claims the rumor could damage his reputation (I really don't think people care if their finance guy cheats, they care about the money) but I saw a piece of WWHL and Jackie said everyone Evan knows thinks its funny because its just so untrue. 

Pranking Joe was lame but hey as long as we dodged the bullet of another round of Melissa/Joe vs Teresa, its all good. I liked seeing the girls laugh together even if it was a HS level prank.

So Antonia and Milania are still close if she knows Antonia's bf to vouch for him. Remember when Melissa said she was going to move because Tre s kids would turn on hers as they got older? Melissa, Antonia is 15, has a BF and has probably taken sex ed (wasn't that a SL where Joe objected?) Its time to have the talk. I got a kick out of Gino to into his game to give a damn about anything else.

The guys continue to be better. Except Joe B backing up the rumor (I don't believe Marge's backtrack that it was discussion of what Teresa said, he would know the timeline of that. ) Evan not going looks like he's hiding, like Jackie. Frank has grown on me and I continue to love Bill.Joe Gorga not speaking more about Gia being brought into it is surprising. 

Jenn is doing the right thing by telling Melissa especially if Bravo has it on tape. I hope Melissa doesn't shoot the messenger. Joe did do the shady IG thing and we all remember the fake counter tops. "We pay our bills" was a statement I never bought from Melissa. Joe probably did stiff the guy. My mind is blown people go to a Joe Gorga seminar. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Gigi43 said:

Jenn is doing the right thing by telling Melissa especially if Bravo has it on tape. I hope Melissa doesn't shoot the messenger. Joe did do the shady IG thing and we all remember the fake counter tops. "We pay our bills" was a statement I never bought from Melissa. Joe probably did stiff the guy. My mind is blown people go to a Joe Gorga seminar. 

Agreed - that is the only real news of this storyline.  Why?!

• LOL 8
  • Love 10
(edited)

Seminar on how to avoid giving in to ‘roid rage? How when you are fist fighting with your brother-in-law, try to bite him in the nuts? How best to use black grease to cover up your baldness?

Edited by Hiyo
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 18
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, BrindaWalsh said:

I'm #teamjackie in this case, but I do feel like she's losing her focus.  She should be pissed about Teresa coming to a party that she hosted, as her guest, with her friends and family and saying such a foul thing about her husband.  She doesn't need to be so focused on T clearing his name. I'm not sure that Teresa saying that Evan doesn't cheat or that this was a baseless rumor is going to do much for those who want to believe it.  

I'm also not sure I agree that such a rumor would impact his business - Evan is in finance, and basically managing director type level, right?  If not higher?   Please - none of them give a shit about a rumor of infidelity on the real housewives of NJ, especially when you consider the lifestyle of that world.  I don't think Evan Goldschneider cheated on his wife for a moment, but I do believe that when you are working in that world, with that much money and access to a certain lifestyle, there are plenty who ARE unfaithful, just because they can be, and those who push the boundries in their personal lives every day.  And nobody bats an eyelash because at the end of the day, it's about the dollar and if that keeps rolling in, who the fuck cares.  Corporate america is a greedy bitch that checked her standards at the door a long time ago.  So yes, Teresa needs to apologize for being a shit for making such a statement.  She should apologize for a lot.  But "clear his name?"  With who, exactly?  America?  Bravo viewers?  His name doesn't need to be cleared with the hedge fund managers of the world.   

This. Look I do think Teresa owes Jackie a real apology for coming to Jackie’s home and being messy with a rumor because that shit is rude. HOWEVER, I can not with the idea that an infidelity rumor is somehow going to impact his business. Really? Your clients give a shit if you’re cheating on your wife? And this rumor is somehow more embarrassing than just being on a trashy reality show? And if this is Jackie’s whole point then why can’t she see that her analogy 🙄 was probably not the best idea either. They’re both being assholes.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

Your clients give a shit if you’re cheating on your wife? And this rumor is somehow more embarrassing than just being on a trashy reality show

Yes .. If you can cheat on and lie to your wife what makes them think you wouldn't cheat and lie to  a client? 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
10 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

HOWEVER, I can not with the idea that an infidelity rumor is somehow going to impact his business. Really? Your clients give a shit if you’re cheating on your wife?

Yeah, they would.  See above, who said it first.

• Love 3

Around the fire ring, when the ladies kept hearing "animal" sounds and then screamed bloody murder and made a break for the house - Melissa stood up, pointed at someone off camera, and called them something crude (I forget what) before running off.  I'm assuming it was one of the producers making the noises a la "Blair Witch Project" to get them all riled up, but does anyone know for sure?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Hiyo said:

Most people don’t really give a shit what their money manager does in their private life, as long as they make money for their clients. 

Until they have to pay huge fines or get hauled away to jail or you find they have been stealing from you ....it all goes to being trustworthy .. again if he is gonna cheat on his wife he will cheat you

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 7

I actually do think that kind of rumor could hurt Evan's reputation in a low-key way. I work in professional services (not finance, though, but public relations). And it's definitely the case that industry gossip around infidelity, etc., gets around. It's not likely enough to fire someone but it's just the kind of thing that would undermine confidence in someone, especially if you think that there life is messy, to stop someone from being hired.

That being said, much as I think Theresa was in the wrong, I also think that Jackie knew what she was doing in making that analogy.  She knew she was setting Theresa off, so she's certainly not an innocent in terms of escalation of this feud. 

• Love 9
(edited)

“Until they have to pay huge fines or get hauled away to jail or you find they have been stealing from you ....it all goes to being trustworthy .. again if he is gonna cheat on his wife he will cheat you”

Thats a false equivalence, the 2 really have nothing to do with one another. There is no guarantee at all that a person cheating on their spouse will “cheat” on their clients.

Hell if there was rumor about Evan snorting coke off a prostitute’s chest while Jackie and the kids were visiting her family, people might gossip about it and clutch at their pearls it in public, but privately, they still wouldn’t care as long as he keeps beating the markets for them.

Edited by Hiyo
  • Love 8

Jackie could have won if she just ignored Teresa’s rumor mongering. Without that explosive sit down between the two of them, the snippets from the party would have wound up on the cutting room floor. Jackie is the one who is giving the rumor oxygen non-stop. Teresa obviously still resents Jackie’s past statement about not being able to control Juicy. In her mind spreading rumors about Evan may be an analogy! I cannot stand Jackie’s holier than thou, I am better than thou shtick. I am not a Teresa fan either. My favorites are Delores and Jennifer this year. I think Jennifer and Bill are a great couple.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
38 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

“Until they have to pay huge fines or get hauled away to jail or you find they have been stealing from you ....it all goes to being trustworthy .. again if he is gonna cheat on his wife he will cheat you”

Thats a false equivalence, the 2 really have nothing to do with one another. There is no guarantee at all that a person cheating on their spouse will “cheat” on their clients.

Hell if there was rumor about Evan snorting coke off a prostitute’s chest while Jackie and the kids were visiting her family, people might gossip about it and clutch at their pearls it in public, but privately, they still wouldn’t care as long as he keeps beating the markets for them.

IMO, it's not about the idea that if he could cheat on his wife, he could cheat on you. It's about thinking that this person has a messy life that could blow up and hurt the work they do for you. That's why rumors such as these hurt reputations - because suddenly you're having to question whether or not the person who does your wealth management or whatever is going to implode.

• Love 5

Except they don’t and they never have. Statistically speaking, there is no correlation. Shit, Bernie Madoff was happily married and we all know how that turned out.

If people are worried about his messy personal life spilling over into their work performance then people in the financial industry would have no life at all.

Evan’s brand isn’t built on selling people a fantasy life of being happily married, it’s about providing people a healthy (and hopefully legal) return on investment. As long as he does that, most people will probably just shrug their shoulders at the idea of him having a side piece or three.

• Love 8
15 hours ago, ichbin said:

I don't know what is true here, but what I think is that:

1. The whole Evan cheating nonsense is all about presenting a story for the show.  Manufactured drama.

2. The reason Jackie is not along on the trip has all to do with Covid concerns and nothing to do with Teresa.  

Whose idea was it to include Lexie and her ambiguous accent?

I'm not saying these ladies need to dress in twinsets and sensible shoes, but these play clothes look like they would be better suited to  someone 12 or under.

Yes, yes, yes!!! I said this whole Evan/Jackie/Teresa thing was fake and scripted after the first episode. The producers decided to amp it up for the first show to get people back for a second and third episode. Their ratings weren't great last season and they needed to do something outrageous right from the gate this season. And I couldn't agree more with your comment about their outfits...oh dear god...they look like 10 year olds going to a birthday party. And Marge putting false eyelashes on to go on a boat...when she's wearing sunglasses anyway? The guys do have more organic fun...it's not scripted and they seem to really enjoy each other's company. 

• Love 4
(edited)

How about maybe some people in the world who heard the rumor would say, "well, that seems sleazy so I will find some other finance guy whom I don't hear sleazy things about"? There are hurt, cheated-on wives (and husbands) out there who need a...money-occupation person (? I don't know what his job is called) too and may not want one who's a cheater.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 10
31 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Except they don’t and they never have. Statistically speaking, there is no correlation. Shit, Bernie Madoff was happily married and we all know how that turned out.

If people are worried about his messy personal life spilling over into their work performance then people in the financial industry would have no life at all.

Evan’s brand isn’t built on selling people a fantasy life of being happily married, it’s about providing people a healthy (and hopefully legal) return on investment. As long as he does that, most people will probably just shrug their shoulders at the idea of him having a side piece or three.

I'm not sure what you are saying. Are you saying that "statistically speaking, no one's personal life imploding has ever had any impact on their professional life."  Because I am going to say that there is no way to prove that "statistically," and also, you can look at a whole host of politicians that show that isn't the case.

But regardless, this isn't about whether or not anyone can prove that someone's personal life falling apart has no impact on someone's professional life. It is about the fact that rumors CAN impact the way that others - including clients, colleagues, and others in your industry - view you. And I'm here to tell you that you can offer all the proof in the world that there is "no correlation" between a personal implosion and a professional one (though, again, I'd wonder how you'd prove such an amorphous claim) but that won't stop people from feeling some kind of way about someone when they hear rumors about the person who is the subject of such rumors.  Therefore, it isn't so beyond the bounds for Jackie to be concerned about it.

• Love 18

And I’m saying rumors like these have no bearing on Evan’s work, nor will it affect how his clients, current and future, will see him. All that matters is him beating the market and giving his clients a good return on their investment. 

People may feel a certain way about it, but again, all that matters is the bottom line Evans can provide (or not provide). 

Also, comparing politicians to people in the financial industry is like comparing apples to cell phones.

• Love 5

And all I'm saying is that is a pretty naive way to look at how people actually view the other people in their spheres. It's entirely possible that in a low-key way, people will start to wonder if there is something wrong in Evan's marriage and therefore, may want to consider transitioning their business away from him. It is not uncommon for people to judge other's professional reputations by what they know of their personal lives. That's just reality, whether people like it or not. 

• Love 8
(edited)

Its not naive at all. Its actually rather realistic.

The reality is people want a good solid ROI from people like Evan, and if he is giving them that, news about his marriage isn’t going to influence their decision one way or another.

Edited by Hiyo
  • Love 4

Why can you not have a disagreement with T without her screaming she’s being attacked? None of those ladies at that table were attacking her. It’s like if you don’t agree with her then you are attacking her ... she’s a nut 

• Love 18

And T using the well Jackie attacked me excuse for not apologizing totally leaving out if she didn’t go to that party and spread a rumor then that supposed “attack” against her would have never happened... this is all her fault this whole thing. 

• Love 13
(edited)
2 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I actually do think that kind of rumor could hurt Evan's reputation in a low-key way. I work in professional services (not finance, though, but public relations). And it's definitely the case that industry gossip around infidelity, etc., gets around. It's not likely enough to fire someone but it's just the kind of thing that would undermine confidence in someone, especially if you think that there life is messy, to stop someone from being hired.

That being said, much as I think Theresa was in the wrong, I also think that Jackie knew what she was doing in making that analogy.  She knew she was setting Theresa off, so she's certainly not an innocent in terms of escalation of this feud. 

What I find more disturbing is Teresa's insistence that she did nothing wrong and did not "spread" a rumor...that she "heard" a rumor and only told a few people at the party when we clearly see her on videotape telling anyone who would listen that Evan was cheating on Jackie with someone at the gym. Her refusal to apologize for engaging in damaging innuendo and rumor mongering is symptomatic of some deep underlying pathological issues. She engaged in this kind of behavior with Joe and Melissa and her cousins...I would imagine both of her parents allowed her to have no accountability of any kind when she would lie or blame others for something she did. This is a pattern of behavior that is innate to her but also was bolstered by her family. Being married to another liar and cheat only exacerbated it. Even her daughter said "you said something shitty to her and she said something shitty to you...just apologize and move on" or words to that affect.  Amazing that Teresa and Joe, have a child that is so sensible, fair and straight forward. She clearly knows her mother well and the drama she can manufacture. But owning her behavior is something that Teresa cannot do...she's going to stick with the story and doesn't even acknowledge, at the very least, that doing this at Evan's birthday party was wrong...she has no moral compass. 

Edited by BrownBear2012
  • Useful 1
  • Love 20
2 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

IMO, it's not about the idea that if he could cheat on his wife, he could cheat on you. It's about thinking that this person has a messy life that could blow up and hurt the work they do for you. That's why rumors such as these hurt reputations - because suddenly you're having to question whether or not the person who does your wealth management or whatever is going to implode.

I can see your point there. The idea being if he can’t manage his personal life how can he manage my money. I’m not sure how many people would feel that way but some might. I just wonder if people that would feel that way wouldn’t already be turned off by participation in a reality show anyway.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Its not naive at all. Its actually rather realistic.

The reality is people want a good solid ROI from people like Evan, and if he is giving them that, news about his marriage isn’t going to influence their decision one way or another.

Yah, IDC who my finance guy is fucking.  Now, would anyone know who Evan is fucking if his wife wasn’t thirsty to get on a reality show? Nope.  Hookers and blow, yo.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Then his wife should get her self off a reality show.

• Love 14

Office people fuck office people ALL THE TIME.  Especially those in finance.  Evan is soooooo fucking other ladies.  You think his clients care? 😎😂😩.  They didn’t until his dumb wife got her ass on a reality TV show.  blink blink blink (sorry cus I’m a Tre.  I’m a dumbo who has served time and has came back.  Also cus people who have low IQ are not less than).

• LOL 3
  • Love 5