Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Everybody Hurts

• Start Topic

I suppose it’s someone’s job to come with various activities.....wedding, shower, dinner, exercise, shopping....psychic!  Lol

So, they have a medic on the scene when they are filming. I wonder if it was for Tammy or Amy.

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3

A psychic. 🤦🏽‍♀️

I understand Amy's fears though. Having kids is scary! With my first,  I panicked at every ache and pain and was terrified about giving birth. We went in like three times because my Braxton Hicks were so awful, and I never even went into labor on my own. I ended up having my eldest one day shy of two weeks overdue! 

Second baby,  still was terrified and barely made it to the hospital before my legs gave out on me because I thought "Another round of Braxtons. Cool, I'll just nap it off." 😂

I worried about Tammy in the van with the leg pain. Was hoping it was just a cramp,  but accidentally got distracted and missed the outcome.  I hope all is well with Amy and baby next week!

I have to say,  I'm enjoying Chris being on the show,  as well as their other sister.  It's good to see that even though their mom is pretty mean to them,  their siblings are sweet and they're there for them. 

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, PaTatertots said:

A psychic. 🤦🏽‍♀️

I understand Amy's fears though. Having kids is scary! With my first,  I panicked at every ache and pain and was terrified about giving birth. We went in like three times because my Braxton Hicks were so awful, and I never even went into labor on my own. I ended up having my eldest one day shy of two weeks overdue! 

Second baby,  still was terrified and barely made it to the hospital before my legs gave out on me because I thought "Another round of Braxtons. Cool, I'll just nap it off." 😂

I worried about Tammy in the van with the leg pain. Was hoping it was just a cramp,  but accidentally got distracted and missed the outcome.  I hope all is well with Amy and baby next week!

I have to say,  I'm enjoying Chris being on the show,  as well as their other sister.  It's good to see that even though their mom is pretty mean to them,  their siblings are sweet and they're there for them. 

I hope Amy and the baby are ok. I think the rents the van for Tammy since Amy and Michael probably can't afford two cars. I wonder how Tammy will cope when she's not the center of attention after the baby is born. Amy will need help after she has a C-section.

• Love 4
On 2/21/2021 at 6:35 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Reality TV shows love psychics.  It's always a complete waste of time. 

and they even have a horrible show "starring" a medium.  And it's even sillier when the psychic is "reading" people who are in their second season on tv and who also have a youtube show.   What a joke.

8 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

So, they have a medic on the scene when they are filming. I wonder if it was for Tammy or Amy.

I would guess it is for anyone who needs medical attention for any reason.  I am sure they must have one when they do my 600PL.   So maybe the van belonged to TLC?  I didn't quite understand why they had to get Amy out of the van and into the car as it seemed to waste a few precious moments.   I will say that Tammy is a lot more willing to get out of the house than some of the people on 600PL. 

I had thought maybe they had two vehicles, and that at one time fairly recently Tammy had owned the van and been able to drive, but i guess not.  The van looks fairly old to me.

I think I am more interested in the story line this time because my daughter is 6 months pregnant.  I am not at all interested in Jerry, and I have developed a fondness for Chris.

I have always thought that bassinets were fairly useless because they are outgrown so quickly.  Someone gave me size 1 or 2T outfit  at my shower and I thought it would be ages before it fit.  Time really flies with a baby.    Most of the clothes I got for ours came from Hanna Andersson  as they were so durable and soft.  I was so unhappy when they outgrew her clothing.  

• Love 2

This episode felt like filler, not much happened.   I really wish they would give all the fart jokes a rest.  I know it's their thing and they think they're being funny but they're not, they're just being gross. 

So Tammy is getting ready to babysit.  I can't imagine that would be a good idea for anyone especially the baby.  Tammy showed us tonight that she can't even stand for more than a few seconds before her legs start giving out.  Not exactly the person I would choose to watch my newborn.  

That personal trainer seemed like a nice guy.  He actually got Tammy to move.  She needs to do that everyday but  when she's left to do things on her own she just gives up.  Chris is doing really well, I hope he gets the surgery and meets his goal.  Tammy only seems to try when there's an audience and a camera around.   And her bitching in the previews about how "Chris hasn't been coming around as much" or whatever she said, just shows how much she expects other people to do everything for her.   It doesn't even enter her mind to do things for herself.   

I'm not being mean but in the previews for next week Tammy looked like she had gained even more weight. 

• Love 14
33 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

I'm not being mean but in the previews for next week Tammy looked like she had gained even more weight. 

That wouldn't surprise me. I'm sure Tammy knows she isn't going to be Amy's main focus soon. So Tammy will sabotage her own health just to remain a helpless invalid who Amy and her husband must take care of. I hope I'm wrong.

This isn't my area of expertise so could someone tell me why Amy is not having a vaginal delivery? I would think a C Section would be much riskier since Amy just had stomach/weight loss surgery.

• Love 3

With Tammy’s health situation, I wouldn’t think she would be suitable to babysit the baby.  She’s on the verge of collapse when she stands.  She would struggle to exit the house with the baby in case of an emergency like fire.  It’s just not safe.  I hope they realize that.  

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

This isn't my area of expertise so could someone tell me why Amy is not having a vaginal delivery? I would think a C Section would be much riskier since Amy just had stomach/weight loss surgery.

I thought the plan was for a vaginal birth for that reason, but I think it is good for her to be aware that a C-section could be necessary.  I just hope mother and baby are healthy. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SevenCostanza said:

This episode felt like filler, not much happened.   I really wish they would give all the fart jokes a rest.  I know it's their thing and they think they're being funny but they're not, they're just being gross. 

So Tammy is getting ready to babysit.  I can't imagine that would be a good idea for anyone especially the baby.  Tammy showed us tonight that she can't even stand for more than a few seconds before her legs start giving out.  Not exactly the person I would choose to watch my newborn.  

That personal trainer seemed like a nice guy.  He actually got Tammy to move.  She needs to do that everyday but  when she's left to do things on her own she just gives up.  Chris is doing really well, I hope he gets the surgery and meets his goal.  Tammy only seems to try when there's an audience and a camera around.   And her bitching in the previews about how "Chris hasn't been coming around as much" or whatever she said, just shows how much she expects other people to do everything for her.   It doesn't even enter her mind to do things for herself.   

I had to look twice at this post, Seven, because it is almost exactly what I was thinking about posting. I thought perhaps I had gotten up during the night and written it myself!! (Especially the bolded part!) I know middle schoolers really love farting and joking about it all the time, but these 2 are not middleschoolers. It does get very old after a while. I am wondering if they are not really capable of much else.

At this point, I am watching only to follow the baby storyline. I hope that baby is going to be ok!

Edited to add: And seriously, I don't think I have ever seen anyone go baby shopping with so little of an idea of what to buy for their new baby.

Edited by lilysmom
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, lilysmom said:

Edited to add: And seriously, I don't think I have ever seen anyone go baby shopping with so little of an idea of what to buy for their new baby.

That's kind of scary.  They both seem very clueless about how to care for a newborn.  The other sister has experience with babies hopefully she'll be able to help them. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm not sure, but I think that every show that films requires a medic to be on the set.  There's probably some kind of minimum number of people involved before that kicks in though.  I doubt it's just because they're at such risk.  

There's a publication on medline with a meta-analysis on C-sections in morbidly obese women (Cesarean Section in Morbidly Obese Parturients: Practical Implications and Complications)

There is little evidence in the literature about whether elective cesarean section or normal vaginal birth is the optimal mode of delivery in morbidly obese parturients. The rate of emergency cesarean in morbidly obese women is reported to vary from 42 to 50% compared to around 9% in the control group.

• Useful 3
2 hours ago, lilysmom said:

I had to look twice at this post, Seven, because it is almost exactly what I was thinking about posting. I thought perhaps I had gotten up during the night and written it myself!! (Especially the bolded part!) I know middle schoolers really love farting and joking about it all the time, but these 2 are not middleschoolers. It does get very old after a while. I am wondering if they are not really capable of much else.

At this point, I am watching only to follow the baby storyline. I hope that baby is going to be ok!

I think they are in the habit of it and that it is so  much a part of their shtick in their youtube show that they are afraid that not reverting to it frequently on the teevee show will make their youtube fans stop watching.

The only thing I care about is the baby.  High blood pressure, diabetes,  super obesity, and a recent WLS are all adding to her high risk situation.  The fact that she still doesn't have good eating habits can't be helping.   I erased my dvr, but it looked like at the end she was hospitalized with a fetal monitor.  I do wish @doodlebug followed this show as she is an obgyn.   

I would hope aimlessly buying stuff is a plot line.  I had probably 4 books on pregnancy decades ago; they all had lists of what was necessary and what was nice to have, but wasn't needed.  Unfortunately,  I just don't think Amy pays that much attention which is a shame as there is so much more readily available on the internet than 4 decades ago when I was pregnant.  And if she did pay attention, she would not ignore those contractions that are five minutes apart.   She seems to think rules don't apply to her as she started eating the wrong stuff after the surgery and not waiting 2 years after her surgery to conceive.  She probably skipped a few days of her pill and thought it wouldn't matter. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

Amen.
Has Amy not read anything on childbirth, out of curiosity?  Who thought these sisters were ready for prime time?

• Love 6
Just now, auntjess said:

Amen.
Has Amy not read anything on childbirth, out of curiosity?  Who thought these sisters were ready for prime time?

I can deal with her not being a reader, but there is so much on the internet that is in video format that she doesn't have much of an excuse not to know a lot more than she seems to know.   She seems to lack the curiosity to find out.  I don't get it.  My daughter is 6 months pregnant and every week I read to refresh my memory about what stage the fetus is in.  I just want to slap some  sense into her. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, lilysmom said:

I would think that they would do some research about newborns.  I hope their sister and brother help Amy out.  I know very little about babies, yet I feel better prepared than Amy.  If she wants to help assuage her fears, maybe learn something?  Read things online.  See if there are any expectant mother classes.  I'm sure it's trickier with the pandemic, but I know our local hospitals are doing online classes to help prepare new mothers. 

I have found that at baby showers folks bring all of the really cute things.  Then Amy went to buy cute things.  Yes, it was probably producer driven.  Ooh, cute baby boutique versus roaming the aisles at Walmart.  They could use diapers, bibs, blankets, socks, t-shirts, onesies, all the basics. The way it appears on the show, they're going to come home from the hospital and not even know how to diaper the child.  I hope the hospital provides some good education while she's there (and she actually listens). 

• Love 8

One thing I will say, they seem to have the kindest people administering services on the show, from the dentist to the personal trainer.  I learned a few things from the doula that I did not know before and I thought her balloon and ping pong example was very informative.  I thought the trainer was very encouraging as well.  Tammy was a lot more active in the personal training session than I expected her to be.

Regardless of Tammy's attitude and behavior, it seems that she has known a lot of unkindness in her life, from her own parents and from the kids at school.  I wish she was more appreciative of her brother and sisters because they care so much about her.

Regarding the van - I think it is a production vehicle and for insurance and liability reasons, and because Amy's trip to the hospital was an emergency and not a scheduled scene, they took Michael's car.  I don't think Amy can drive because she is legally blind.  Once again, Michael is just the sweetest. 

I don't have an opinion one way or the other on the psychic, other than she seemed like a nice person and I guess that was good enough.  I wish Tammy wasn't so fixated on Jerry because that guy is bad news.

• Love 3

Don’t get me started!.......OMG.  There are some parents that I know who while they ALWAYS seem to have a phone in their hand and know all about social media news, they NEVER seem to run across anything on parenting skills, child safety, nutrition, child education and development, etc. on the internet.    Boggles the mind how your kid is 6 years old and you never read one freaking article about how to be a better parent!  Ok..vent over.  

I’m not judging Amy, but can you imagine growing up with no real guidance on things like manners, social cues, nutrition, health, hygiene (recall the day her feet were pure black) and self care.  Sure she loves the child, but what will she provide him/her.  She obviously was deprived of a lot.  I hope she realizes the child needs more than love and large quantities of junk food.  

• Love 9

I always refer to first born children as “practice children”. By the time the second one comes, parents have an idea of what to expect and what not to do.

That said, most of my friends are first born children. I’m an only child...

• Love 3

Tammy alone with an infant / young child = tragedy waiting to happen.  In her current condition she is entirely unfit to babysit and she is delusional to think that she'll be allowed to. Tammy can't even take care of herself never mind a child.  She didn't appear to have lost much weight and sitting there blaming Chris for it means she still doesn't understand that SHE is the one who has to change.  

Amy seems incredibly clueless about motherhood and I just hope she's not playing up for the cameras.   

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Twopper said:

She seems to think rules don't apply to her as she started eating the wrong stuff after the surgery and not waiting 2 years after her surgery to conceive. 

Of the two, Amy is more likeable so it is easy to remember that compliance isn't her thing either. She just had a goal to have a baby. Achieved goal. Had baby. We will see what happens next.

Wasn't Amy eating a tortilla chip at the Mexican restaurant? I don't need to page Dr. Now to know that is not on the diet. 

Tammy does look like she is getting bigger. God Bless Chris for making her do something!

I didn't watch the segment with the psychic. Past behavior predicts future behavior. See, I am a psychic!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Showthyme said:

She just had a goal to have a baby. Achieved goal. Had baby. We will see what happens next.

Well, I guess the NDA with TLC was really tight as nothing seems to have leaked out about the birth of the child.

I do wonder if she was so scared of gaining weight she didn't eat enough and/or what she is eating is so nutritionally lacking that the baby is just not doing well.

At least at her weight, she fits in a hospital bed and on an operating table. 

Edited by Twopper
  • Love 3

I couldn't believe Amy's baby is underweight, how can that be? Is it because she's not eating the correct foods? I have no idea how this works, but I would think that if you eat enough to be fat, your unborn child would be fat too.

• Useful 2
34 minutes ago, GaT said:

I couldn't believe Amy's baby is underweight, how can that be? Is it because she's not eating the correct foods? I have no idea how this works, but I would think that if you eat enough to be fat, your unborn child would be fat too.

I have seen suggested pregnancy weight gain charts, and I noticed that it suggests 10-20 for the obese.   I don't think the unborn child can process nutrition that easily from mom's fat cell storage bins.  Nutrition food is recommended and prenatal vitamins.  I can't recall if she had the sleeve or bypass surgery.  If the latter, she may not be absorbing what she and the baby need even if she is eating properly which she does not seem to be doing very well at.

+

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Everything I found says Amy had gastric bypass surgery, not gastric sleeve.      I suspected it was the bypass after her bad reaction to her Chinese over eating.   Though I don't know if gastric sleeve patients have dumping syndrome too (don't search that term, it's as bad as it sounds). 

• Useful 1
7 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

The way it appears on the show, they're going to come home from the hospital and not even know how to diaper the child.  I hope the hospital provides some good education while she's there (and she actually listens). 

Yet aren't there loads of children in the family, that she'd have been around.
More and more, I'm thinking that this show is cruel, mocking the sisters, a kind of "look at these rubes," production, laughing at them, not with them.

• Love 3
On 2/21/2021 at 4:35 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Reality TV shows love psychics.  It's always a complete waste of time. 

I coulda died!  You know you ain't shit when dirty feet Amy and twice a week tooth brushing Tammy call you a basic bitch!

• LOL 8
11 hours ago, lilysmom said:

I think the trip to the boutique was planned as an activity Amy and Tammy could do together. I'm sure Amy and Michael went shopping for larger items at another time. Amy had a really small baby shower I hope Michael's family gave them some nice things. I've watched some labor and delivery shows on Discovery Health and some babies fail to gain weight despite what mom does. I wonder if Amy doesn't have experience with babies because her siblings moved out as soon as they could. Amy may not have the best diet but she does do more exercise than Tammy and that's helping her maintain her weight loss. Tammy is double her size right now.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, auntjess said:

More and more, I'm thinking that this show is cruel, mocking the sisters, a kind of "look at these rubes," production, laughing at them, not with them.

Well, that's kind of an element to all reality TV, even fancy pants survivor and amazing race.  

I've argued strenuously against the idea that just because someone signs on the dotted line it's a good excuse to exploit them. 

But I really think that these sisters are living their best possible life and they have turned their lemon of an existence into some kind of lemon-aid. 

This show is a guaranteed paycheck and it may drive viewers to their YouTube channel.  And they probably get some nicer people and not just what they normally get which I suspect is "you guys are fat and dumb and whats that on your forehead"

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Caoimhe said:

Tammy alone with an infant / young child = tragedy waiting to happen.  In her current condition she is entirely unfit to babysit and she is delusional to think that she'll be allowed to. Tammy can't even take care of herself never mind a child.  She didn't appear to have lost much weight and sitting there blaming Chris for it means she still doesn't understand that SHE is the one who has to change.  

Amy seems incredibly clueless about motherhood and I just hope she's not playing up for the cameras.   

You all can come at me, but Tammy is a people pleaser and more specifically a man pleaser.  

She busted her hump for that trainer because thats what made him smile at her and say nice things.  She wanted junk food with Jerry because its what he wanted.  I would bet a million bucks that if Jerry had shown up and all he ate were salads and lean proteins Tammy would have lost 30 pounds in a week. 

THIS is why she needs to be in a monitored environment with lots of affirmation and praise.  Preferably from handsome men, or pretty women, or a fierce drag queen.  NGL, id be motivated by a fierce drag queen too.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

And they probably get some nicer people and not just what they normally get which I suspect is "you guys are fat and dumb and whats that on your forehead"

If I end up going to hell because I couldn't not laugh at "and whats that on your forehead" it's all your fault. 

You all can come at me, but Tammy is a people pleaser and more specifically a man pleaser.  

She busted her hump for that trainer because thats what made him smile at her and say nice things.  She wanted junk food with Jerry because its what he wanted.  I would bet a million bucks that if Jerry had shown up and all he ate were salads and lean proteins Tammy would have lost 30 pounds in a week. 

THIS is why she needs to be in a monitored environment with lots of affirmation and praise.  Preferably from handsome men, or pretty women, or a fierce drag queen.  NGL, id be motivated by a fierce drag queen too.  

OMG, you're right. I haven't thought of it that way, but she really pushed herself for that trainer, so I actually think it's more man pleaser than an everyone pleaser. Think how much more she tries to please Chris than Amy or her other sister, whose name I can't remember (Missy?).

• Love 7
7 hours ago, RealReality said:

Chris pretty much said this when he spoke to Jerry outside the house in last week's episode.  He said something to the effect that she won't listen to family, but if Jerry told her to do something, she would, and he needed to use that influence .  At that moment, I think a teenie weenie light went off in Jerry's brain and he understood, but then (or because of)  he ran like Daffy Duck going through a wall to get away from this train wreck.

Daffy_Fucks_Off.jpg.0667f93f2eab705a768507532aa81559.jpg

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, kathyk24 said:

I think the trip to the boutique was planned as an activity Amy and Tammy could do together. I'm sure Amy and Michael went shopping for larger items at another time. Amy had a really small baby shower I hope Michael's family gave them some nice things. I've watched some labor and delivery shows on Discovery Health and some babies fail to gain weight despite what mom does. I wonder if Amy doesn't have experience with babies because her siblings moved out as soon as they could. Amy may not have the best diet but she does do more exercise than Tammy and that's helping her maintain her weight loss. Tammy is double her size right now.

I stand by my original post that Amy (and this whole family) is totally clueless in making decisions concerning what is needed for this baby and what is "cute". I don't have any great faith that Amy and Michael would do any better shopping on their own.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, auntjess said:

I have thought about this, just like you. After the first episode I decided I wasn't watching anymore (and that lasted til the next week!)  I guess the thing we have to remember (and how I justify watching it) is that they are being paid for doing this and now the whole famdamily is making money off the TLC. I have never watched their YouTube videos, but apparently they portray  themselves just the same as the show and are also making money off of that. Currently I am only watching because I am concerned about the baby storyline. At least that's how I justify watching it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, lilysmom said:

I stand by my original post that Amy (and this whole family) is totally clueless in making decisions concerning what is needed for this baby and what is "cute". I don't have any great faith that Amy and Michael would do any better shopping on their own.

I think her sister has four kids and is likely done.  I wonder if Amy is going to get some stuff second hand from her, like clothes and furniture items.  I think that might be a good and cost effective option.  They also have a YouTube following, and I'd be interested in whether viewers or companies wanting TV and YouTube exposure send them some freebies.  

• Love 2

They also have a YouTube following, and I'd be interested in whether viewers or companies wanting TV and YouTube exposure send them some freebies.  

As to companies, I wonder if this is the exposure they'd want.  I can see their viewers sending things.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

would think that they would do some research about newborns.  I hope their sister and brother help Amy out.  I know very little about babies, yet I feel better prepared than Amy.  If she wants to help assuage her fears, maybe learn something?  Read things online.  See if there are any expectant mother classes.  I'm sure it's trickier with the pandemic, but I know our local hospitals are doing online classes to help prepare new mothers. 

I'm surprised Amy's OB didn't refer her to some classes; like a labor/delivery class, newborn care, a parenting class for both Amy & Michael, etc since she could certainly tell from interacting with Amy at her appointments that she was clueless about everything.  But, maybe she did refer them to classes & they didn't go or producers thought it would make better tv for them to look clueless & unprepared, or Amy really is that clueless & she really has/had no interest in learning even the bare minimum & has no natural inclination to educate herself & is okay with the way things are going for her.  She may give the impression & say she wants to do better but does she have it in her to do the work to BE better?  I know Tammy doesn't, does Amy?   

I think her baby is going to struggle to thrive, to mature & develop healthy emotionally.  I think Amy thinks being a mother is popping out a baby, holding it, taking pictures of it, showing it off, etc & I don't think she is equipped/able to put in the work to raise it to be healthy/successful.  She ignored medical advice to wait to get pregnant & I think she feels the same way about knowing better than the experts about caring for & raising her baby. 

The more I watch the sisters the more distressed I am about them.  I don't find their humor to be cute, or funny, or creative - I think they're sad.  And now Amy's been tasked a helpless infant to raise & make healthy choices for & I truly worry if she's able to rise above her own disadvantaged upbringing & poor education & raise the baby to be the best it can be.  My prayers are with them all to be healthy & productive & happy.

• Love 12
13 hours ago, GaT said:

If I end up going to hell because I couldn't not laugh at "and whats that on your forehead" it's all your fault. 

I'll be there & will save you a seat. LOL    I know Tammy explained it once, but I don't remember what she said... does anyone know/remember - what IS that on her forehead?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Tammy's forehead flap is a fat deposit.  When you start running out of room for the fat cells, they will find other places. On Tammy, it's her forehead.  She has a lot of fat deposits on her face. For both sisters, they carry their weight high on their bodies which is more dangerous for cardiac health. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Tammy's forehead flap is a fat deposit.

I just can't stop laughing. This is why I come to this forum - I can't stomach watching these two and don't watch the show, but I come here for all the snark. 

And the above comment isn't even snark - but I burst out laughing anyway. And thought of "Flappy" from Love After Lockup too

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Raynedon said:

I'm surprised Amy's OB didn't refer her to some classes; like a labor/delivery class, newborn care, a parenting class for both Amy & Michael, etc since she could certainly tell from interacting with Amy at her appointments that she was clueless about everything.  But, maybe she did refer them to classes & they didn't go or producers thought it would make better tv for them to look clueless & unprepared, or Amy really is that clueless & she really has/had no interest in learning even the bare minimum & has no natural inclination to educate herself & is okay with the way things are going for her.  She may give the impression & say she wants to do better but does she have it in her to do the work to BE better?  I know Tammy doesn't, does Amy?   

I think her baby is going to struggle to thrive, to mature & develop healthy emotionally.  I think Amy thinks being a mother is popping out a baby, holding it, taking pictures of it, showing it off, etc & I don't think she is equipped/able to put in the work to raise it to be healthy/successful.  She ignored medical advice to wait to get pregnant & I think she feels the same way about knowing better than the experts about caring for & raising her baby. 

The more I watch the sisters the more distressed I am about them.  I don't find their humor to be cute, or funny, or creative - I think they're sad.  And now Amy's been tasked a helpless infant to raise & make healthy choices for & I truly worry if she's able to rise above her own disadvantaged upbringing & poor education & raise the baby to be the best it can be.  My prayers are with them all to be healthy & productive & happy.

I know I was surprised to find that no one, including dr. Proctor or anyone referred her to a class on prenatal eating.  

Eating a steady diet of gummy bears, pickles, mint patties and Chinese food is likely to lead to a giant diabetes baby. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I know I was surprised to find that no one, including dr. Proctor or anyone referred her to a class on prenatal eating.   

In fairness, we don't know what she was told by her doctor, we only know what was selected to be shown on the show that supports the story they want.

• Love 4