Type keyword(s) to search

S25.E08: Week 8

ByTor
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, Just Carol said:

Note: the way to a man's heart is not to tell him you have internal battles.  What you have to do is crash-land while skydiving.

If only Serena had thought to pretend she was choking on that beaver tail!

• LOL 11
1 minute ago, Thumper said:

But if Serena had such a heartbreaking recent relationship, WHY would she go on a show like this???😢

A lot of them do it to spite their "former" boyfriends. And believe it or not, some of them not only get them back, but a ring too.  Melissa Rycroft is a perfect example.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

So Matt just pushes Serena's hotel-room door open. That would have been the best if she was on the couch making out with some other dude. Learn to knock, Matt, then WAIT to be invited in.

Boy, Serena sure went to all happy and giddy with her Canadian food to all dark and glum and glower now. Looks like another one is leaving before FS night. You go girl!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

LOL at Rejected Matt who can't even come up with anything to say other than "I don't know, it sucks to hear that." Then he repeats it. Articulate he ain't.

Serena, you made the right decision. Get away from that doofus loser now.

Then SHE walks HIM out? WTH.

Edited by saber5055
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6

Well dang, that certainly escalated. She seemingly really went from happy with Matt to being over him, but I can appreciate her being honest. In retrospect she has been the most meh of the last girls on him for awhile, so good on her for leaving now when she knows this isn't what she wants. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 12

Okay, I still think Serena's too young (or young-acting) to be The Bachelorette, but I'd kind of love to hear her honesty when a bunch of guys try to impress her. "You know, this really isn't my kind of date, and I'm not enjoying myself. You're not my person."

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, saber5055 said:

Matt's TH: Be sure to insert snot-sucking noises Sound Person.

Sound Person: Done!

Plus a producer handy to whisper "Keep your damn tongue from falling out of your mouth, Slack-jaw!"

• LOL 3

So, if Matt planned on keeping Serena, I can't help but wonder which of the remaining ladies would have gotten the boot.  I am going to go out on a limb and say he is full of it and that Serena was going to get the boot.  I think the whole thing was for added drama. 

If history is any indication, Bri had every right to be concerned, because the order of the final three roses says a lot.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, LakeGal said:

I think Matt lost Serena when he didn't know the difference between a toque and a tobaggon.

Plus insisting a toboggan is a freaking hat.

Looks like I'll be skipping next week. I'm not up for the WTA crap fest since this entire season has been a crap fest with women yelling at each other for no reason other than they are suppose to.

The credits clip reinforces my feeling that Matt is a dick and a jerky creep. Why am I even watching this.

I hope @JenE4 is okay. I missed her tonight!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, TheFinalRose said:

Dragging these little Zoomed kids into this show is so lame.

I thought it was cute...especially the Q&A 😂

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Awww, Michelle and her dad.  So sweet! ❤️

I loved him. How sweet was he? 😭😭

• Love 6
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

Rachel seems really lukewarm on Matt, while Matt seems to really be into her. Meanwhile, Michelle seems to really be falling for Matt, while Matt seems not that committed to her. 

Huh? Rachel keeps saying how much she is falling for him and is scared to lose him. I think she is not that emotive...but the emotions seem there. They are more subtle. I think Matt kinda likes that style, IMO.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

Rachel had a lot of nerves telling Matt to ask her father for his permission to propose; especially since there are three other ladies there.  I am glad he told her that he will cross that bridge when he gets to it.  Good for him.   

A lot of contestants do, though. They will say something like, "If your daughter is the one I choose, do you approve of me?" It's pretty standard. I don't believe Rachael was out of line for expecting that. It's just that Matt broke the mold a bit with that, and I think he was wise to.

1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

So the date theme this season has been: Getting whiplash is my idea of fun. 

Oh God, don't say "show up for me"! If you say it three times in a row, Clare arrives in your mirror to yell about babies while giving crazy eyes!"

Sorry, had to give you more than a laugh emoji reaction. Lmaoooooo 😭😭😭😂😭

• Love 4
1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

These HTs are so boring. It's the same old same-o, blah blah blah. If there is no tatted up brother slamming on the Bach, or no mom swilling wine right from the bottle, or no road-killed animals in the basement freezer, HTs = snoozefest.

Yeah, the sibling drama was notably missing this season...except for Serena's a bit...but she was just helping her work through her emotions. Very odd, though--the lack of sibling drama.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, CraftyHazel said:

In the southern US, a toboggan IS a hat.

I was beginning to think I was as dumb as Matt so I checked Merriam-Webster and it’s both a sled and a stocking cap.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
54 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Ok I'm sick of these women crying about past relationships.  Is this a requirement for the show?

Right? I mean if you have been in at least one relationship before, you had your heart broken. I don't know why it's always painted as this big dramatic pity fest for the contestants and leads. I never got that. Thanks for verbalizing it.

• Love 7

If people thought Michelle bringing in her students via Zoom was intense, Bri certainly topped that with a crying baby.  Ha. 

Bri's friend Bri is very pretty. 

Man, the stories on this season, if there are any love stories, were short changed.  I knew that to be the case but tonight's episode really highlighted it when none of the relationships or home towns felt authentic or real.  There's zero reason to care.

• Love 10
43 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

LOL at Rejected Matt who can't even come up with anything to say other than "I don't know, it sucks to hear that." Then he repeats it. Articulate he ain't.

Serena, you made the right decision. Get away from that doofus loser now.

Then SHE walks HIM out? WTH.

I was sad for him in that moment 😕

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Suzysite said:

I'm in Ohio and we call them toboggans

My husband, who is from Columbus, agrees.  He said they are knitted skull caps.  However, in Canada and New York City, toboggans are sleds.  So, Serena and Matt are both correct.  

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

My husband, who is from Columbus, agrees.  He said they are knitted skull caps.  However, in Canada and New York City, toboggans are sleds.  So, Serena and Matt are both correct.  

Yes!  I learned something as I looked it up too.  Knitted caps which might be used for tobogganing.   Toboggans are sleds in MN and WI too — I am guessing the same for many upper Midwest states.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Agree!  But I think poutine is disgusting.  No need to add gravy to what is already awesome!

Under Quebec law, the province where Poutine was invented, the use of gravy is mandatory.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2