Type keyword(s) to search

S25.E08: Week 8

ByTor
  • Start Topic

34 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

And I thought the questions were scripted.  

I said the same thing when we were live posting.   Those questions were not something kids that age would come up with.  

• Love 5

Sometimes, the children appearing on the show in segments are actors already in the business. On Nick's season, a part of Vanessa's hometown date showcased her being a special education teacher and some of her students appeared (even back then, before the Dark Ages of 2018, some people questioned the consent/ethics of that, where the students were concerned). The kids here were probably prepared/scripted, but it's a TV show: left to their own devices, little kids might freeze up or say something stupid.

Rachael's tandem jump is being discussed on Skydiving Reddit (there's a Reddit for nearly everything). Anyone can claim anything on the internet, of course, but they say the instructor was very young (as in, younger than the contestants young), inexperienced, and hurt his leg on the jump (he was seen with crutches/in a boot in the weeks after). The fellow skydivers were ripping his technique, but apparently, the instructor has a parent who's super connected in the skydiving world, so there's little chance of a serious reprimand (though many commenters thought he deserved it). 

Edited by Dejana
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1

Good grief, the instructor was shown inside the plane and it looked like he had barely reached puberty! I would have been nervous if paired with him.

But if he had connections (family) in the business, that explains things. 

It looked like he was trying to turn them to face the cameras when they landed. In contrast was Matt's descent and landing, which was straight on and smooth. Maybe the fact that it was being filmed for national broadcast made him (the young instructor) do maneuvers he normally wouldn't have done.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 2/25/2021 at 7:43 AM, Boo Boo said:

Am I the only one who hates when teachers have their students participate in this farce? If I were a parent I would say hell no to that.  I was embarrassed for her.  

6 hours ago, Dejana said:

Sometimes, the children appearing on the show in segments are actors already in the business. On Nick's season, a part of Vanessa's hometown date showcased her being a special education teacher and some of her students appeared (even back then, before the Dark Ages of 2018, some people questioned the consent/ethics of that, where the students were concerned). The kids here were probably prepared/scripted, but it's a TV show: left to their own devices, little kids might freeze up or say something stupid.

Rachael's tandem jump is being discussed on Skydiving Reddit (there's a Reddit for nearly everything). Anyone can claim anything on the internet, of course, but they say the instructor was very young (as in, younger than the contestants young), inexperienced, and hurt his leg on the jump (he was seen with crutches/in a boot in the weeks after). The fellow skydivers were ripping his technique, but apparently, the instructor has a parent who's super connected in the skydiving world, so there's little chance of a serious reprimand (though many commenters thought he deserved it). 

The kids seemed really comfortable and natural on camera.  I wouldn't be surprised if they were paid actors and not her actual students. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 2/22/2021 at 7:42 PM, saber5055 said:

My take is Rachel and her instructor had already landed, then were hoisted up on a crane so they could redo the landing for some fake drah-mah. A professional dive instructor wouldn't have let them go all cattywompuss at the very end after a stellar and perfect dive.

If you watch just before they land, a gust of wind caught the chute.  I was appalled that they had these two doing the jump with no head protection.  What many miss here is that she landed less than 10 feet from solid macadam.  That would have been fatal or close to it.  Rachael says later, during her family time, that she has a ton and a half of make up on because of all the bruising.

Yet one more irresponsible moment in this franchise.

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
On 2/25/2021 at 8:53 PM, watchingtvaddict said:

The kids seemed really comfortable and natural on camera.  I wouldn't be surprised if they were paid actors and not her actual students. 

To be fair, they were just talking into a Zoom on their computers like they’ve been doing for a year. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

Love the discussion. Super late, just a few comments.

Serena bailed before fantasy suites. I don't think she's even attracted to him.

Rachel seriously face-planted. Oof. Her dad looked Latino to me, so Honduras makes sense. I had no idea. Was Serena's mom Indian? (East Indian). I love all the various ethnicities, so American. 

Hated the Zoom with the students, hated Matt purposefully running into the bike at the end. Idiot.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Andromeda said:

hated Matt purposefully running into the bike at the end. Idiot.

No kidding!  That was irresponsible.  

I called them both idiots when they tried to hold hands while riding bikes.  

• Love 4

I’m not a fan of TA episodes and this year’s crop is especially not very vocally flattering so I’m passing on what I expect to be a very ugly fest. Will look in on you guys tonight coz y’all are my favorite part of the show 🥰

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

I’m not a fan of TA episodes and this year’s crop is especially not very vocally flattering so I’m passing on what I expect to be a very ugly fest. Will look in on you guys tonight coz y’all are my favorite part of the show 🥰

Yeah I'm not watching this crapfest either.  I'll just read comments here.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:
53 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

Yeah I'm not watching this crapfest either.  I'll just read comments here.

Ha!  I am in a mood to drink wine and talk back to my TV when they start getting catty so I’ll take notes for you all.  Writing may get a little sloppy at the end. 😀

• LOL 7