Type keyword(s) to search

S25.E08: Week 8

ByTor
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

My take is Rachel and her instructor had already landed, then were hoisted up on a crane so they could redo the landing for some fake drah-mah. A professional dive instructor wouldn't have let them go all cattywompuss at the very end after a stellar and perfect dive.

Cattywompuss. Just learned a new word. Hope I can remember it.

• LOL 2

Its always funny when the parents cant even pretend they don't think this whole thing is ridiculous. Rachel's dad isn't wrong about how Matt (and every Bachelor/ette) says the same stuff to every person. 

This is like a big budget version of pretending to be scared of horror movies in a theater so that you can cuddle extra close to your date. Oh yeah, I am SO scared, hug me!

Edited by tennisgurl
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

I liked that she brought the kids into it. That’s a big part of her life and something she would share with her future husband. I wouldn’t be surprised if he did the same seeing as his foundation is all about kids. 

My mom taught middle school.  I do not think my dad ever met her students.  Neither did I until we all went to the same high school together.

So as much as I like Michelle, he doesn't need to get along with the kids.

31 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I just think it was too soon and would catch a lot of men off guard, even if they really like children.

They're not her kids.  They're random kids. I don't necessarily think it's too soon because these aren't family level importance. I wonder if these kids are even still her students or if they're from last year.

• Love 4

Rachel had a lot of nerves telling Matt to ask her father for his permission to propose; especially since there are three other ladies there.  I am glad he told her that he will cross that bridge when he gets to it.  Good for him.   

• Love 17

So the date theme this season has been: Getting whiplash is my idea of fun. 

Oh God, don't say "show up for me"! If you say it three times in a row, Clare arrives in your mirror to yell about babies while giving crazy eyes!"

Edited by tennisgurl
  • LOL 15
  • Love 1

These HTs are so boring. It's the same old same-o, blah blah blah. If there is no tatted up brother slamming on the Bach, or no mom swilling wine right from the bottle, or no road-killed animals in the basement freezer, HTs = snoozefest.

• LOL 16
  • Love 8
12 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

They're not her kids.  They're random kids. I don't necessarily think it's too soon because these aren't family level importance. I wonder if these kids are even still her students or if they're from last year.

Yes, they're random kids, but Michelle encouraging them to ask Matt questions about their relationship--for example, if he's going to give her a rose--only put Matt on the spot.  No way was he going to say "no."  It would have made sense if  she was the one he picked, and then she set up the Zoom meeting.  That's what I meant by it being too soon. 

• Love 2

It seems like the contestants are obligated to say they love the B or “are falling in love with him” in order to progress.  But they have to know it is likely not.  But they have to say it!   Too weird.

Edited by Thumper
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

These HTs are so boring. It's the same old same-o, blah blah blah. If there is no tatted up brother slamming on the Bach, or no mom swilling wine right from the bottle, or no road-killed animals in the basement freezer, HTs = snoozefest.

How could you forget the ultimate weirdness that was Dean’s HT with his estranged Sikh convert dad!

And Matt tells Bri’s mom he’s taking good care of her. 😏 Like almost killing her on the ATV date.

Edited by dizzyd
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2

I don't know if its because Matt is still new to the franchise or because he's nervous, but he is really struggling in the charisma department in these parent meetings. I think that Matt seems like a decent guy, but I also think that he is trying too hard and it makes him seem boring at best and insincere at worst. He just seems so tight, I just want him to loosen up. The brief moments where he seems to allow himself to relax, like when his one true love Tyler came by or in some of the bloopers, he seems like a much more fun person to be around. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

It seems like the contestants are obligated to say they love the B or “are falling in love with him” in order to progress.  But they have to know it is likely not.  But they have to say it! 

True this, because if they don't, they are "putting up walls" and not "opening up" so the Bach has to let them go. Whichever one doesn't let her walls down enough won't get the rose and will miss her chance at the FS.

Which this season, is the best reason yet to keep my walls up.

2 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

How could you forget the ultimate weirdness that was Dean’s HT with his estranged Sikh convert dad!

Oh man, you are right! That was GOLD, Jerry, gold I tell you. Dean ... yeah, that was a pretty cool season. Namaste!

• Love 3

I knew they were going to have poutine.

At least there are no turtlenecks this episode.

2 minutes ago, FlyingEgret said:

Did they really just show flying Canada Geese for Serena?

Because there are no moose in Pennsylvania.

Serena = best date of the four.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I don't know if its because Matt is still new to the franchise or because he's nervous, but he is really struggling in the charisma department in these parent meetings. I think that Matt seems like a decent guy, but I also think that he is trying too hard and it makes him seem boring at best and insincere at worst. He just seems so tight, I just want him to loosen up. The brief moments where he seems to allow himself to relax, like when his one true love Tyler came by or in some of the bloopers, he seems like a much more fun person to be around. 

According to one of my favorite authors, the late, great Sir Terry Pratchett, people like Matt have charisn'tma. 

• LOL 10
Just now, Just Carol said:

Canadian food! Eating!  This is the best date.  Or would you rather get bumped in an SUV?

Agree!  But I think poutine is disgusting.  No need to add gravy to what is already awesome!

• Love 1