Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: The End is Near

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

158019_0617.jpg

Cassie and Jenny grow more suspicious of the circumstances with every visit to the hospital, while Ronald finds himself in a precarious situation thanks to a nosy paperboy. With his back against the wall, Ronald will have to address his inner demons and decide just how far is too far.    Original Airdate: Feb. 9     Tuesdays at 10pm ET      ABC

Bah. I would have liked it much better if the mother was a figment of his imagination/ long dead, but Ronald really did snap her neck in the here and now.

I still think this show is pretty stupid, but it has been moving at a brisk pace the last few episodes.

• Love 4

Oh my God, I haven't laughed so hard at a TV Show in several years. This episode was comedy gold.

The little kid's phone should be able to be tracked, possibly. Erik shouldn't have attacked Ronald until Ronald unlocked the cage. Perhaps Erik will get it right in his next life.

• Love 8

Could everyone please stop telling the unbelievably creepy murdering dude that they're heading to the police to turn him in? Damn, lol.

Does the PI office manager still come across as slightly shady to anyone else? Just me? 

Poor Erik with a K. *I'm* traumatized watching Ronald scream like that and fling bodies all over the basement.

Are the sisters gone now? I need Jerrie to have a larger role. She has such a quietly compelling presence.

I like Merilee's character as well, surprisingly. 

56 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

Oh my God, I haven't laughed so hard at a TV Show in several years. This episode was comedy gold.

I did too! The angry cereal eating. The over the top lawyer. "Mother used to be nice. But she can be cold." Sorry, I laughed.

The show can be ridiculous but I'm finding it very watchable.

• Love 13

Cassie should have walked up to the Legarski poster and drew a small dot on his forehead.

There's a psycho killer loose in town.  His picture's in the paper.  Erik calls his mom and says "He's in the paper, I know it's him."  Think hard, Mom.  What could he possibly have meant?  How many houses does Erik's paper route have?  How long would it take cops to call the newspaper office, get his route info, and start checking houses?

So the priest got baptized, eh?  Bad joke.

So the sheriff is shocked that an AK-47 was mentioned.  Don't get out much, eh?

I'm still up in the air about DeadMom.  Erik could have seen an old corpse.

Those bars on Ronald's cell are so far apart I could slither between them.  Erik should have been gone before the first commercial break.  Although, I highly approve of his using Ronald's tools against him.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

How has Ronald made it this long without going berserk and laying waste to half of Montana?

Loved the sheriff's "I'll pretend I didn't hear that" about the AK-47.

And again, with as much silliness as is going on, I appreciate that Jerrie is treated as a victim, not vilified for being transgender.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

I'm still up in the air about DeadMom.  Erik could have seen an old corpse.

I thought that the priest showing up and saying that he had an appointment to meet with the mom confirmed that she had been alive until very recently. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 9

I have so many questions if the mother really has been alive all this time. What's up with the clothes and the hair and nothing in the house seeming to have been updated in decades? She wasn't THAT old. 

I find myself laughing at Ronald too, although not so much when he's about to set a little boy on fire (and the priest's death was pretty brutal). Still, his chattering to himself is so OTT silly. And Legarski's life-size cut-out of himself was hilarious. 

I also wondered how hard it could possibly be to trace this boy's paper route in Montana. 

I take it the finger tapping and the wife's reaction to it are some sort of suggestion Legarski is either indeed faking his memory loss or everything is coming back to him. Legarski is a stone-cold psychopath, so faking a polygraph probably would not be difficult for him. 

• Love 9

I thought the priest showing up meant the mom had been alive too.  Then he started acting a little off and the conversation had a weird vibe and I figured this was another figment of his imagination created as part of his downward spiral.   The mother's corpse could have been around for a while.   But the the kid saw the priest's body so I guess it was all real and everyone's kinda nutty like the lawyer.   Really not getting what this show is going for in tone. 

• Love 4

Well, of course Rick had a cardboard standee of himself that he took from some kind of awards ceremony years ago!  Frankly, I'm just surprised he kept it in a room and didn't display it in den or living room.  To be fair though, if I were John Carroll Lynch, I would totally be asking the props department if I could take that home, so I can show it off to guests ("And here's me during my time on Big Sky, where I played a murder/human trafficker moonlighting as a state trooper on ABC.  2020 was wild y'all!")

Looks like Ronald actually did kill his mom after-all.  But, hey, Valerie Mahaffey gets to stick around a bit longer as a frozen corpse!  Ronald also adds his formerly abusive (?) pastor to his kill list, although that guy put up a way better fight than I thought he would.  Good to know one shouldn't underestimate a man of the cloth!  Realistically, I'm not sure how Erik will come out of this in one piece, but I guess something will happen, because as crazy and even dark as this show can get, I'm not sure they'll go as far as to kill a kid.  Until then, I'm going to continue to enjoy watching Brian Geraghty go full-blown ham here with all of the yelling, screaming, snarling, shouting, and, yes, more angry cereal eating!  I so hope this all ends with Ronald not dying, but getting arrested and put on death row, and his final meal is a bowl of cereal!

Hey, that was Sara Canning a.k.a. Katherine Drew from Nancy Drew as Erik's mom!

Jenny and Cassie are now both convinced that Rick is actually telling the truth about losing his memories.  I do think it is likely he has lost them for now, but I'm still putting money down on him getting them back at some point, and waiting for the right moment to reveal it all in the most overdramatic way possible.

Poor Merilee is understandably questioning her choice in men, with the whole "married a killer and was crushing on his partner in crime" thing.

I actually briefly liked Sheriff Tubb with his "I'm going to pretend that I didn't hear that" remark to Jeri's friend owning an AK-47.  But the show feeling need to have Jenny say that he isn't a "bad cop", but just burned out just makes me think that he will actually end up being bad after-all.

Karin Koval is really having so much fun as Penelope.

No Danielle or Grace in this episode.

This show might be ridiculous, but it's getting to the point that it might be one of my most anticipated shows each week.  I'm here for all of the scenery, outlandish scenarios, and a perfect mixture of a cast that has some like Katheryn Winnick, Kylie Bunbury, and Jesse James Keitel playing things straight in the right sort of way, while the likes of Caroll Lynch, Geraghty, and Koval know that camp is the only way there characters will work and are going broad in all the best ways possible!

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

I don’t like shows where children are hurt so I could have done without this episode. I was wondering why the priest didn’t just run out of the house and call the police when Ronald went downstairs. I’m thinking that Legarski’s hand tapping is supposed to mean he is faking? I guess we all knew he was anyway.

The ending “happy and you know it” was over the top even for this show.

• Love 2

I rolled my eyes at the priest showing up clutching a bible (that ain't a Catholic thing) and talking about Ronald's mother being concerned over her son's 'urges' (or whatever he called them). Writers- it's not 1961 here (even though Ron's mom and her house may look like it). Even old Catholic priests know basic psychology and have moved beyond the 'sex is evil except for baby-making' standard of yore.

The whole newspaper boy thing is also very retro. Quite aside from the issue of how many people even get a print edition of any newspaper anymore, this show is set in a place with brutal weather, and farms/ranches that are far apart-hardly the kind of terrain a little kid on a bike could tackle before school.

Speaking of looking like 1961, Rick's house looks like... I don't even know what. That creepy bedroom with the black background/ floral wall paper badly needs a visit from HGTV. Did Rick turn to crime because he needed money for redecorating? It doesn't make sense that he would choose a particularly ugly and risky type of crime unless he had a compelling reason. Was this ever revealed?

All that said, I agree with everyone who said it's a pretty enjoyable show.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, sempervivum said:

this show is set in a place with brutal weather, and farms/ranches that are far apart-hardly the kind of terrain a little kid on a bike could tackle before school.

While Ronald's house appears to be isolated and remote, we could see all kinds of traffic whizzing by in the background when the priest was talking through the door. Even though Helena is a pretty big town, it's hard to imagine no one anywhere can ID Ronald. Unless they are using only the printed (!) newspaper and not tv or websites. I guess Mom cut his hair, bought his clothes, did the shopping, and none of her friends ever saw him, those friends who had sons more successful than he was as a trucker.

It was pretty dope when Erik stapled Ron and zapped him with the taser. Got a laugh that he still had staples in his forehead later. But yeah, I wish Erik had tried to get through those bars.

I wondered why there was a cage in the basement. But then, I wonder about a lot of things with this show, none of which matter. It's less crazy than some other (really bad) dramas on tv right now.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Cristofle said:

I have so many questions if the mother really has been alive all this time. What's up with the clothes and the hair and nothing in the house seeming to have been updated in decades? She wasn't THAT old. 

I find myself laughing at Ronald too, although not so much when he's about to set a little boy on fire (and the priest's death was pretty brutal). Still, his chattering to himself is so OTT silly. And Legarski's life-size cut-out of himself was hilarious. 

I also wondered how hard it could possibly be to trace this boy's paper route in Montana. 

I take it the finger tapping and the wife's reaction to it are some sort of suggestion Legarski is either indeed faking his memory loss or everything is coming back to him. Legarski is a stone-cold psychopath, so faking a polygraph probably would not be difficult for him. 

Not only the finger tapping but that chilling stern LOOK he gave his wife, she absolutely knows he is faking it. There is no doubt in my mind about that. At that moment he gave Merrilee that stern look, she KNEW right then and there Legarski is faking it.....and has been faking it all along.

Edited by luvthepros
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I don’t like shows where children are hurt so I could have done without this episode. I was wondering why the priest didn’t just run out of the house and call the police when Ronald went downstairs. I’m thinking that Legarski’s hand tapping is supposed to mean he is faking? I guess we all knew he was anyway.

Besides the finger tapping in that scene, am I the only one that noticed Legarski's chilling stare he gave Merrilee? That stare was the ah ha moment for Merrile to realize her husband has been faking his amnesia.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, luvthepros said:

Not only the finger tapping but that chilling stern LOOK he gave his wife, she absolutely knows he is faking it. There is no doubt in my mind about that. At that moment he gave Merrilee that stern look, she KNEW right then and there Legarski is faking it.....and has been faking it all along.

I always figured Legarski was either faking it, or even if he doesn't remember these specific crimes he remembers crimes he committed earlier in his life so he knows he has to cover. John Caroll Lynch said in an interview he thinks Legarski is the most evil character he's ever played with the exception of his AHS cameo of John Wayne Gacy, and while he's often recognizable from Fargo and Crazy Stupid Love, this is definitely not his first rodeo as a major predator/serial killer, so that stuck in my mind. Legarski has no conscience or remorse. I just don't buy his "oh shucks" schtick; I don't think he's ever had any real redeeming values. And I became even more convinced he was faking it when Cassie and Jenny started doubting it, heh, because that's just the way TV goes. So yeah, the tapping and the icy glare he was giving Merilee definitely makes me lean towards thinking he is just faking it, that he knows exactly who Ronald is. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

I don't buy that Legarski has no memory, or even that he was totally a clean cop until about three years ago. How does one just kind of fall into human trafficking out of nowhere? Did he really just suddenly become a criminal out of nowhere? Well, I think that he might be for real about not having his memory of the last few years, because he isn't that good of an actor, but either he will get his memories back, or he was a criminal way before the last three years and is just pretending to not know about the trafficking operation. 

I feel for Merilee, she must feel like the worlds biggest chump. I don't think that she's stupid, but she was absolutely desperate for attention so she was willing to ignore all of the red flags that dead eyed psycho Ronald was putting out, and was just stuck in a dull marriage with a husband who hardly looked at her. She does have really bad taste in men though, maybe its time to join a reputable dating site, instead of going to old timie taxi dances. She really should get a lawyer like yesterday. One for the criminal investigation, and one for the divorce. 

The "I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that" comment about Jerrie's friend's AK-47 from the sheriff is probably the most I've ever liked him. 

Seriously people, when you start to suspect that someone is a psycho killer, get away from them and call the cops! This shouldn't be that hard to figure out! Don't go to the killers house without telling anyone where you are to spy on them, and when you think someone is a murderer and they give you a chance to leave, leave and call the cops! I was quite amused by the kid managing to grab the taser of doom though, even if it didn't work out for him. The ladies might be pretty embarrassed to realize that a small child in a cage was able to defeat Ronald and his taser, even for just a second, while three grown women were all taken down by a taser reputedly. I am really enjoying Ronald going further and further off the deep end, its turning his scenes into some kind of twisted dark comedy. Aggressively eating cereal, getting all pissed at being referred to as "deranged" making evil puns, its kind of hilarious. "My mom is a bit cold." Poor Erik, I don't think he will actually die, but I hope that his mom books a therapist for him real fast.   

As much as this show runs between being basic and being over the top nuts, I do really like the musical choices. The southern gothic folk music really adds a haunting mood to the show that gives it a lot more character. 

• Love 9
13 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Those bars on Ronald's cell are so far apart I could slither between them.  Erik should have been gone before the first commercial break.  Although, I highly approve of his using Ronald's tools against him.

4 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I wondered why there was a cage in the basement. But then, I wonder about a lot of things with this show, none of which matter. It's less crazy than some other (really bad) dramas on tv right now.

The first quote was my second thought as I was watching. The second quote was definitely my first thought!

• LOL 5

8 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I think the priest wanted to get confirmation something was wrong.  And maybe he had a hero complex and thought he could save the day. I'm sure he didn't expect that whatever was going on was as bad as it was.

Now the kid, I don't know why he felt the need to not just take a picture, but to not run away as soon as he took the picture. If he thought he knew where the bad guy lived, tell the cops and let them check it out. He would still have gotten a reward.

5 hours ago, luvthepros said:

Besides the finger tapping in that scene, am I the only one that noticed Legarski's chilling stare he gave Merrilee? That stare was the ah ha moment for Merrile to realize her husband has been faking his amnesia.

That was when it was clear he was faking, yes. But man, he is a really good faker. I was starting to believe the amnesia must be real, because he was so convincing.

Do you think he was trying to send her some message with that tapping. Like morse code or something?

• Love 2

I thought the finger tapping was a tell and that Rick remembered.  
I guess Mom was alive until now.  But who has both a rolling cage and a walk in freezer in the basement? 
why not trace Erik’s phone.  They should at least get the last cell tower.  
why is it no one except a child can  identify this guy? Obviously he’s a local because he’s on the boy’s paper route.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 6

I think I'm done. I know it's super close to the end, but it's been two season of the bad guys winning and winning and winning and it's miserable to watch. No one gets a break. The two PI's look about 14 years old and I can't take them seriously, a priest is dead and a child in mortal danger, three young women damaged forever, and the monsters behind it all just keep coming out on top. It's not suspenseful or thrilling because this is not an equally matched fight. Bad guys win. Good guys lose. Never mind the plot stupidities, the latest of which is, even if Helena is a huge, bustling city, NOT ONE neighbor or grocery store clerk or anyone recognizes the obvious drawing of Ronald. I thought this would be a fun procedural but it's not fun at all. Just grueling hour after hour in which nothing good ever happens. Even if it did suddenly all turn around in the last episode, it's too late.

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

I think the priest wanted to get confirmation something was wrong.  And maybe he had a hero complex and thought he could save the day.

And as we saw, Father can throw down when he needs to. If it hadn't been for that dish water of death (I thought you kept a clean house Ronald!) he would have saved the day. But it's a Hollywood drowning so the poor man is dead the moment his face touches the water.

I think Ronald is a better character now that he's just off-the-scale crazy. Dude goes on a kidnapping and murdering spree and this is when he decides to find his sense of humor? Weird but I'll accept it at face value since watching him eat bowl after bowl of Chocolate Rage Puffs will only take us so far.

Erik with a K is going to grow up to be Erik with an AK. What a little gangsta! He finds Ronald, takes pictures of him, calls for help, steals the taser of doom, uncovers another murder and successfully starts a side hustle, Erik's Carpentry. Assuming he survives I want to see a spin-off about this kid. He's going to grow up to be a ninja!

Speaking of AKs, isn't that the gun Samuel L. Jackson recommended in Jackie Brown for when you absolutely, positively must kill every MF in the room? Not a great weapon to be firing inside the house, especially if there are other people there that you don't want to hit. Yes, the AK is famous for its reliability. It is also infamous for its terrible accuracy. But better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it I guess.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, paigow said:

Legarski was finger tapping right after he got shot...is it a stress response / reflex as opposed to a sign of competency?

You know who else finger tapped? The sheriff guy when he was checking Legarski's body after Legarski got shot. 

• Useful 3
10 hours ago, luvthepros said:

Yep... there’s no doubt that he is faking, and there’s no doubt that she now absolutely realises that he is faking.   I’m not surprised, it makes for a better story.  So now that battleaxe “stout” attorney is going to get him released because “he’s not himself” and then he is going to go home and wreak havok trying to find and kill Ronnie.  I just hope that Merrilee isn’t a casualty along the way.

3 hours ago, Silly Angel said:

I think I'm done. I know it's super close to the end, but it's been two season of the bad guys winning and winning and winning and it's miserable to watch. No one gets a break. The two PI's look about 14 years old and I can't take them seriously, a priest is dead and a child in mortal danger, three young women damaged forever, and the monsters behind it all just keep coming out on top. It's not suspenseful or thrilling because this is not an equally matched fight. Bad guys win. Good guys lose. Never mind the plot stupidities, the latest of which is, even if Helena is a huge, bustling city, NOT ONE neighbor or grocery store clerk or anyone recognizes the obvious drawing of Ronald. I thought this would be a fun procedural but it's not fun at all. Just grueling hour after hour in which nothing good ever happens. Even if it did suddenly all turn around in the last episode, it's too late.

???  This is the first season of the show.  Also, the season got extended from 10 to 16 episodes I think, so we are only halfway through.  

I am with you though on how bad guys keep winning and it’s getting tiring.  Ronald imprisoned and is about to kill a kid, and he actually killed a priest.  Both are unforgivable and I found it hard to watch.

• Love 1

It's a work of fiction, so I don't mind the body count. Including the silly little paper boy who decided to play detective or whatever. I feel like the show is finally starting to get interesting after the world's slowest most repetitive start. I refuse to believe that Legarski was the only cop on it this trafficking scam, I think it's a given that at least one other cop was involved, but I think it would be too obvious for it to be Tubbs or whatever. 

• Love 2

I like the show, but the main characters are getting on my nerves! Jenny and Cassie, I get it, are suppose to be bad ass PI's, but if I'm a cop and they're getting in the way, I'm going to tell them to stay away because they're interfering with my investigation! Another thing that got on my nerves is Cassie getting on Legarski's lawyer for defending him. Hey, she actually is doing her job as his lawyer! I like the show and I'll keep watching it, but I won't mind seeing one of these PI's leave. I don't mind tough female characters, but please make them believable!  

• Love 3
8 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Anyone else wondering why the police didn’t enlarge the hole in the closet?  The hole wasn’t big enough for Ronald to have gotten whatever was behind the wall. 

I'm pretty sure it was just a USB stick that Ronald fished out of there although it could have been a manila envelope full of secrets. Smaller than a breadbox anyway. Although one wonders why Legarski didn't hide it at his office or in his truck or etc.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, rr2911 said:

I also think there is something about her that I find off. 

I thought the office manager was in on it too.  When her friend came in to tell her that Erik was missing, she said something like “hold on”.   I was convinced she was going to call up Ronald but the scene cut and it was obvious she had called Tubb, Cassie and Jenny.  So it seems she is good, at least for now.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, blackwing said:

???  This is the first season of the show.  Also, the season got extended from 10 to 16 episodes I think, so we are only halfway through.  

You're quite right. That superlong hiatus they took midseason had me confused.

• Love 2
On 2/10/2021 at 7:52 PM, mythoughtis said:

I thought the finger tapping was a tell and that Rick remembered.  
I guess Mom was alive until now.  But who has both a rolling cage and a walk in freezer in the basement? 
why not trace Erik’s phone.  They should at least get the last cell tower.  
why is it no one except a child can  identify this guy? Obviously he’s a local because he’s on the boy’s paper route.  

Ronald's doesn't strike me as having a lot of friends. Maybe he passes people in town and the grocery store, but would they remember him and know his name? 

But the distances on this show are confusing. Didn't Legarski live kind of far away from everyone else? Because in the pilot Ryan Phillippe seemed to have to drive far to go meet him. Now it seems like they are all neighbors.

2 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Ronald's doesn't strike me as having a lot of friends. Maybe he passes people in town and the grocery store, but would they remember him and know his name? 

But the distances on this show are confusing. Didn't Legarski live kind of far away from everyone else? Because in the pilot Ryan Phillippe seemed to have to drive far to go meet him. Now it seems like they are all neighbors.

I mean he’s close enough that the kid rode there on his bike. His mom seemed to have enough friends that *someone* would know what her son looks like. It’s starting to bother me. 

• Love 1

This show is completely bonkers and off the rails with Ronald killing one person after another.  It's almost like an SNL sketch.  Not gonna lie, I can't help but be entertained at the ridiculousness of everything on the show.  I'm find myself looking forward to it every Tuesday.  

Now sure how much involvement David E Kelley has on the show or in writing the scripts, but the lawyer representing Legarski is a classic Kelley lawyer character with her own catch phrase "Best Efforts" in the mold of a Denny Crane/Douglas Wambaugh from Kelley's previous legals shows.  I hope she sticks around. 

• Love 5

Favorite part was paper boy holding up the stun gun and saying "This? This looks AWESOME!" 

Bwahhh....

How convenient that the cages have wheels? WTF? 

But, whatever, watching this show reminds me a bit of watching "Wayward Pines." Started out decently and then slid into the ridiculous, but I will be tuning in to see how it ends. Also, I was pissed when Pitch got cancelled so this is also my Kylie Bunbury fix. 

• Love 2

anyone else think this should have been a 70's or 80's period piece? Too costly?

Two questions- was Merrilee's shop called Helena Handbasket?

And why don't Montana CDLicenses have a photo? Do they have Hieroglyphs or ultra-sound pictures. WTH - They could have found truck drivers in an age group and let the girls look at them separately. 

That kid must be a heck of a biker since his route seems to be 20 miles long with dozens of houses - Took the cops forever and then our girls (Strong female hero/Viking Goddesses I mean) had to once again do their jobs for them.

The terrific actor playing Rick is always evil in these parts. Just is.

• LOL 3

So I’m somehow STILL watching this show against my better judgement...my mom kept bugging me to watch it, and when I was done laughing at the melodramatic Southern goth rock moments, the retro vibe and the bad acting((*especially* the two bland female PI leads: you can tell they were hired based on their looks)), I somehow became hooked because I wanted to see just what happened to those poor two sisters and the lot-lizard t*****. 

Okay, Ronald’s character simultaneously enrages me and amuses me. Like this dude better NOT be interrupted while munching on his morning cereal! He’s got to FOCUS!! He’s THINKING!!! Breakfast literally is the most important meal of the day for Ronald.

His mama really should’ve snuck a Xanax into his Creepy Clown Puffs while she still had a chance...and the fact that she let that psycho continually yell at/abuse her while living in HER home really pissed me off...she should’ve called the cops to kick his freeloading ass out the minute he dumped his precious cereal on her head one morning! But obviously she was a few fries short of a Happy Meal when she somehow decided that it was perfectly safe to announce to her homicidal son that she was going to turn him in to the cops.(?!)

On 2/10/2021 at 7:21 PM, Silly Angel said:

No one gets a break. The two PI's look about 14 years old and I can't take them seriously, a priest is dead and a child in mortal danger, three young women damaged forever, and the monsters behind it all just keep coming out on top. It's not suspenseful or thrilling because this is not an equally matched fight. Bad guys win. Good guys lose. Never mind the plot stupidities, the latest of which is, even if Helena is a huge, bustling city, NOT ONE neighbor or grocery store clerk or anyone recognizes the obvious drawing of Ronald. I thought this would be a fun procedural but it's not fun at all.

This IS upsetting, isn’t it? I’m literally only watching at this point to see if those two psychotic assholes **finally** face justice and get the punishment they deserve, because I’m so damned sick of seeing the body count rise as those two continually weasel out of danger.

How TF the town creeper Ronald is still out there terrorizing folks in town via his mom’s chamber of doom is beyond me! Why is the amnesiac crooked cop still hanging out freely in a hospital bed and not thrown in a jail cell already?! And how’d a fugly old jerk like him manage to keep his attractive wife around for so long when she was obviously so bored by him?? She needs to get his wicked attorney to recommend to her a wicked good divorce lawyer STAT. 

23 hours ago, potatoradio said:

But, whatever, watching this show reminds me a bit of watching "Wayward Pines." Started out decently and then slid into the ridiculous, but I will be tuning in to see how it ends

I was especially disappointed in Wayward Pines because there were so many people on this site excited about it and saying we would be blown away by the awesome plot (NOT). Big Sky started out well, got stupid, but has actually gotten quite interesting since the girls were rescued.