Type keyword(s) to search

90 Day: The Single Life

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, JeanJean said:

Emotionally, Natalie is very young, probably the age when her father abandoned her and her mother. She needs therapy very badly.

Are there Ukranian soap operas?  Sometimes I think she's re-enacting something she saw on television.  Such an odd person.  WHY doesn't TLC put us all out of our misery?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, Breedom said:

My opinion of Debbie just went way down. I always thought she was a great mom to Colt, even though he is telling her/us his experience was way different. His problem, so I thought. BUT. After I saw her in attack mode, I'm seeing things differently. At the closing of the show she grew absolutely VICIOUS with Tanya, practically full fangs showing!

I never had a good opinion of Debbie ... or Coltee.  She interfered with any relationship he attempted.  She had her nose in his "romances" 24/7: Larissa, then Jess (poor Jess), and from then on Vanessa.  Alcohol seems to fuel her deep-seated anger and insecurity.

"You lied to me!" First of all, why would she care? Who is she to even bring it up again? She doesn't know Tanya as a friend, enemy or even an acquaintance.

Debbie acts (and Shaun and TLC let her get away with it) as if she's an INSIDER to all their productions.  On television she spews out gossip she's "heard" or read.  A lot of these "castmates" or Pillow Talk people treat each other as acquaintances --some as actual friends.  It sounds like a lot of them keep in touch--either personally or via social media.  Debbie takes it further; she KNOWS them all!  I hope her most recent antics assure that we never see her again.  Even Robert decided he's Team DEBBIE.

As for the "lying," Debbie kept pressuring Tania to file for divorce or provide more personal information.  She probably did that prior to the Tell All.  At the end, when pissed-off Debbie called her a LIAR (more than once), she wouldn't even let Tania explain that the "divorce story" was scheduled to be the PUNCHLINE on this finale; Tania could not mention it until she was directed to.  Debbie listens to the voices in her head--but nothing else.

During the show she called someone a bitch - I think it was Tanya.

Yep, it was ... and within seconds also called her an ass.  I hope Canada's Tony doesn't regret his rash decision.

Edited by Back Atcha
PUNK-chu-ay-shun
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I think Tim is sick of picking up the pieces when Veronica's relationships fall apart. The best thing for him to do is put some distance between them and concentrate more on his own relationship. 

Tim needs his own show; I'd watch--at first.  He has EVERYTHING for "good" TV:

• An odd tiny androgynous appearance ~ neither handsome or pretty
  • Vocal fry...southern style
  • Quirky wardrobe choices
  • The wrong hairstyle
  • The wrong eyebrows
  • Smart and quick-witted
  • Cruel streak based on insecurity
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Tim needs his own show; I'd watch--at first.  He has EVERYTHING for "good" TV:

• An odd tiny androgynous appearance ~ neither handsome or pretty
  • Vocal fry...southern style
  • Quirky wardrobe choices
  • The wrong hairstyle
  • The wrong eyebrows
  • Smart and quick-witted
  • Cruel streak based on insecurity

True all that- but I find him hard to watch, mostly because after all this time, I feel that I should have a better idea of his story ( as in "what's his story??" ).

His looks, because they are with effort, are super puzzling to me.

Anyone see grinch?

Screenshot 2022-12-14 8.53.49 AM.png

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Debbie & Colt are the perfect proof that there is no such thing as TMI for these types who sell their soul for the big TLC money.  Having to come away from this Tell All knowing that Coltee is not circumcised, compliments of Debbie & that Debbie bought him his first Playboy, compliments of Colt, is information that nobody asked for and nobody needed to know.  Another peek into their sick dynamic.  I would say that they sold their self worth & dignity along with their soul but I doubt they ever had any to begin with, hence here they are.  This franchise really has become the modern day freak show.

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • Love 1

Debbie's treatment of Josh was so obnoxious and out of line. I thought he was very restrained and, while frustrated by her, handled himself well. I wish Shawn was a stronger presence and had a better command of when to let people interject and when to shut the bullshit down. Debbie spent the whole tell-all trying to steal everyone else's thunder. And her treatment of Tania was almost like a beat down. When she came out of that curtained-off area to go after her, I was like, holy shit, she's got a whole other level of rage in her. Her face actually changed and contorted for a few seconds, like out of control scary. And I wasn't really buying her sobbing on Tony's chest while squeezing her nose act. Just so over the top. I suspect that she had been drinking during their breaks throughout the day.

• Applause 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Teri313 said:

Debbie's treatment of Josh was so obnoxious and out of line.

It happened on the previous Tell All too.  I don't know why she was allowed to come back -- without some promise that she would behave--a contract with penalties.  Hey, Producers:  It's NOT good TV!

Debbie spent the whole tell-all trying to steal everyone else's thunder.

And still, there are viewers (remember TEAM DEBBIE?) who appreciated her antics at the previous Tell All.

And her treatment of Tania was almost like a beat down. When she came out of that curtained-off area to go after her, I was like, holy shit, she's got a whole other level of rage in her.

And STILL she doesn't understand that Tania was not LYING to her ... that Tania's "divorce announcement" was a planned ending of the show and Debbie was INTERFERING (as usual).  No More Debbie!  No More Debbie! No More Debbie!  No More Debbie!  No More Debbie!

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

True all that- but I find him hard to watch, mostly because after all this time, I feel that I should have a better idea of his story ( as in "what's his story??" ).

Anyone see grinch?

Tim is as big of a famewhore but somehow he manages to be bearable. Maybe it’s that he’s halfway witty and I am pretty sure he reads at a ninth grade level unlike the majority of the cast whom I question if they can read Dr. Seus in any language. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Jamal pretty much revealed himself as a fuckboi, and it's hilarious. He walked out there and was putting on a show like he was a player. It’s so contradicting to what he says to his Mom and Usman. He looked like a broke down Drake.

Colt said he never calls Debbie his mom then when the camera is on him after he exits the stage, he refers to her as his mother at least 3 times.

I’m still trying to figure out why Jesse is on the show and why anyone cares about him or his relationship with Jeniffer.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Are there Ukranian soap operas?  Sometimes I think she's re-enacting something she saw on television. 

Apparently she was an actress on crime investigation dramas in Ukraine

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Yep, it was ... and within seconds also called her an ass.  I hope Canada's Tony doesn't regret his rash decision.

Boy, the real Debbie came out, and she is bat sh$t crazy. I hope Tony doesn't invest too much time or money in her. Or at least, be prepared.

I was fuming at Tim's attitude towards Veronica and Jamal. Why is it, when a woman (who wants a longterm beau) decides to take a break from guys lying to her, is seen as "devaluing herself" because she wants to have fun with someone with no strings attached. I don't recall Veronica saying this to Tim when he was single and dating, when it didn't work.

Shades of "I can sleep around because I'm a man, but if you do, you're a slut".

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Teri313 said:

Debbie's treatment of Josh was so obnoxious and out of line. I thought he was very restrained and, while frustrated by her, handled himself well. I wish Shawn was a stronger presence and had a better command of when to let people interject and when to shut the bullshit down. Debbie spent the whole tell-all trying to steal everyone else's thunder. And her treatment of Tania was almost like a beat down. When she came out of that curtained-off area to go after her, I was like, holy shit, she's got a whole other level of rage in her. Her face actually changed and contorted for a few seconds, like out of control scary. And I wasn't really buying her sobbing on Tony's chest while squeezing her nose act. Just so over the top. I suspect that she had been drinking during their breaks throughout the day.

It's times like this when I wish we had a more aggressive host as Debbie should have been shut down immediately. She was even more obnoxious than Jibri was last year.

36 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Apparently she was an actress on crime investigation dramas in Ukraine

Remember her story about being a news reporter? Or journalist?

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
4 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Jamal pretty much revealed himself as a fuckboi, and it's hilarious. He walked out there and was putting on a show like he was a player. It’s so contradicting to what he says to his Mom and Usman. He looked like a broke down Drake.

I don't  think it's fair to call him a f*ckboi because he's stating his truth; he's 27 and not looking for a commitment. To me, the FB nickname is for those players that drift from one liason to another, while keeping the women in the dark. He's just being honest.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
On 12/7/2022 at 10:21 PM, Back Atcha said:

I don't know when/how Debbie became such a darling.  (Robert and Anny wearing Debbie t-shirts???)   She was always inserting herself into Colt's life/"love" life.  I WANT her to make a go of it with Tony and live happily ever after in Canada.  Just no contracts to appear on American television.

I laughed loudly while watching "pillow talk" because Robert and Anny both said they were now just "Team"  instead of "Team Debbie" because her attitude and behaviour was out of line.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
2 hours ago, Chalby said:

Boy, the real Debbie came out, and she is bat sh$t crazy.

This is the same Debbie we've seen for 80% of the time she's been "entertaining" us.  Perhaps she wasn't as angry--but she was still meddling in everyone's bidness. She was somehow redeemed and reconfigured this season when she became a redhead with false lashes, a wardrobe stylist--and a NEW ATTITUDE.  I knew she couldn't maintain it for long--ESPECIALLY if alcohol is available.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Like 2

I feel like Colt and Debbie have been on this show forever, but they made their first appearance on Season 6 at the same time as Kalani and Fernanda. When they first show him, he talks very quietly, slowly, has his hair nicely combed, and he brags about being a mammas boy. Debbie brags about spoiling him. At the tell all he said he hasn't called her "mom" in 20 years or something like that, but he calls her mom all the time on his first season. He also treats Larissa just like he now treats his mom, and Debbie didn't slur nearly as much. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Chalby said:

I don't  think it's fair to call him a f*ckboi because he's stating his truth; he's 27 and not looking for a commitment.

I agree ... here are a few definitions available on the 'net.   Jamal doesn't fit any of these.

7 Warning Signs to Help You Spot a F*ckboy

1. They keep you a secret. ...
  2. They refuse to define the relationship. ...
  3. They only ask to hang out when it's dark outside. ...
  4. They're always on their phone. ...
  5. They don't introduce you to their friends. ...
  6. They never want to come to your place. ...
  7. They only ever want to do what they want to do.
  • A f*boy thinks quite highly of himself and how he operates in the world but he continues to inevitably and regrettably lament, with remarkable futility, just how bad he is at relationships. 
  • A guy who will tell a girl anything to get them to hook up with them. A complete jerk who flirts with multiple girls at a time and makes them all believe they're individually special. They tell a girl they like them and act like they're in love so that they can get something out of it like pictures, hooking up, sex, etc.

There are many more.  Jamal is definitely not a f*boy. He seems like a single guy who respects women--is good to his mother and VERY supportive.  He's single and able to date as many women as he likes ... and it sounds like he's upfront about the type of relationships he prefers.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

Anyone see grinch?

Yes, and for quite a while. I considered posting a picture, too, a couple of months ago but forgot.

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Chalby said:

Why is it, when a woman (who wants a longterm beau) decides to take a break from guys lying to her, is seen as "devaluing herself" because she wants to have fun with someone with no strings attached.

I question Tim's use of the word "devalue," but otherwise I'm in line with @bichonblitz's reading of the situation, upthread. 

I found it interesting that Veronica and Tim met in a bar or something and had sex that night, and it led to a very long-term relationship.  Then she was lingerie-ing all over Mr. Cold Sore on their second(?) date, and she read him the riot act when she found out it couldn't lead to a long-term relationship because he was going to move away.  I think she likes strings.

Maybe she's done a 180, but that's a big 180.  (Although, actually, I think all 180s are the same size.)  Tim's been very close to her for a very long time.  And there's an element of self-protection, since he's going to be the one deal with the fallout.  I'm reluctant to dismiss Veronica's claims of wanting an easy breezy long-distance relationship because I don't like it when my claims are dismissed, but I'm going to have to side with Tim on this one.  Maybe in return he'll apologize for inflicting Jeniffer on us.

• Applause 2
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

It happened on the previous Tell All too.  I don't know why she was allowed to come back -- without some promise that she would behave--a contract with penalties.  Hey, Producers:  It's NOT good TV!

And still, there are viewers (remember TEAM DEBBIE?) who appreciated her antics at the previous Tell All.

And STILL she doesn't understand that Tania was not LYING to her ... that Tania's "divorce announcement" was a planned ending of the show and Debbie was INTERFERING (as usual).  No More Debbie!  No More Debbie! No More Debbie!  No More Debbie!  No More Debbie!

Even if Tania was lying to Debbie so what. Since when is Debbie judge and jury and who is she to demand answers from other people. She looked demented as the show went on and everyone should have just completely ignored her.

• Applause 3
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Chalby said:

Remember her story about being a news reporter? Or journalist?

She listed that on her resume, too, AND a model! 

Now on her IG she says she’s a Reality TV STAR! 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I question Tim's use of the word "devalue," but otherwise I'm in line with @bichonblitz's reading of the situation, upthread. 

I found it interesting that Veronica and Tim met in a bar or something and had sex that night, and it led to a very long-term relationship.  Then she was lingerie-ing all over Mr. Cold Sore on their second(?) date, and she read him the riot act when she found out it couldn't lead to a long-term relationship because he was going to move away.  I think she likes strings.

Maybe she's done a 180, but that's a big 180.  (Although, actually, I think all 180s are the same size.)  Tim's been very close to her for a very long time.  And there's an element of self-protection, since he's going to be the one deal with the fallout.  I'm reluctant to dismiss Veronica's claims of wanting an easy breezy long-distance relationship because I don't like it when my claims are dismissed, but I'm going to have to side with Tim on this one.  Maybe in return he'll apologize for inflicting Jeniffer on us.

I agree with you except the difference between Jamal and that single dad is: Jamal isn't pretending he's only into her, or that this will be long term. Single dad changed (or added to) his story after they were intimate. That information makes all the difference to a woman, prior to her giving consent. I have no issues with Veronica jumping the gun, (or jumping the guy?) whenever she's attracted to someone. So long as she's loyal and faithful once she finds her match, which I believe she would be.

14 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

Yes, and for quite a while. I considered posting a picture, too, a couple of months ago but forgot.

The very first episode featuring Tim and Jeniffer, I became excited because I thought we had a transgendered participant. I'm not trying to be funny, because back then, I was serious, and thought it was a good idea. I thought of Tim because of his petite shoulders and wide hips. 3 episodes in, I became more aware that clearly he was born male, because he said nothing about changes in his youth, which I would assume would normally be a storyline?

5 hours ago, magemaud said:

Now on her IG she says she’s a Reality TV STAR! 

Online "news," tabloids, and most social media call all of "these people" TV stars ... they're invited to actual Red (reddish) Carpet events.  Type a a couple's first names and Google knows who they are.

6 hours ago, Shelbie said:

Even if Tania was lying to Debbie so what. Since when is Debbie judge and jury and who is she to demand answers from other people. She looked demented as the show went on and everyone should have just completely ignored her.

I agree--every word, 100%.  It's none of Debbie's business...but in THIS case, Tania was simply following the directions of the producers and director--and Debbie was spoiling their script and schedule.  Tania was being attacked--and not given any help from the staff.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Why does Tania owe Debbie, a virtual stranger, THE TRUTH anyway? She has a right to privacy and doesn't have to answer intrusive questions from someone else's mother. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 5
  • Love 2
On 12/14/2022 at 10:26 AM, Teri313 said:

When she came out of that curtained-off area to go after her, I was like, holy shit, she's got a whole other level of rage in her. Her face actually changed and contorted for a few seconds, like out of control scary

It's inevitable she will come unleashed like that on Tony. And when she does he's going to start questioning this relationship. The way she turns on the hurt water works is puzzling.  I don't think we have seen the real Debbie in all of the past seasons. THIS is the real Debbie. I have to wonder what her marriage was really like with Coltie's dad. Could it have been as perfect, wonderful and soul matey as she portrays? 

Why did Debbie come so hard for Tania taking so long to divorce but it's all ok with her that Nutalie won't file? 

• Like 2
22 hours ago, Chalby said:

I don't  think it's fair to call him a f*ckboi because he's stating his truth; he's 27 and not looking for a commitment. To me, the FB nickname is for those players that drift from one liason to another, while keeping the women in the dark. He's just being honest.

Everything is fair on a forum. Every voice is equally valid and allowed as long it isn't against the rules. Some people might see Jamal as a F*boy (myself included). Unless there is a gag order or cease and desist, anyone on this forum can share their opinion. If you want to censor people's comments you could consider being a moderator as well. Your definition of a f*boy is no more interesting than someone else's. 

On 12/8/2022 at 5:40 AM, Polliwollidoodle said:

I missed this week's episode - will have to try to remember to watch it. (I mean, yes, I;ve seen a million of the coming attractions so I am familar with a lot of the scenes you mention such as Debbie crying into Tony's armpit).

I think I asked this way back so I'm sorry if it's been answered but what is the deal with Debbie's speech?? Yes, her voice is annoying but it's her actual speech or diction/elocution?  that gets me. Originally, when she was the matronly mom in the beginning, I had thought she possibly was a stroke victim due to the way her words were so slurred. I don't think that's the case, but there is something so off with her speech.

(and I will forever remember what she wore to Coltee and Larissa's wedding. It was a pink man tailored blouse, not a stich of makeup- looking like she had just finished scrubbing the floor and quickly put on a fresh shirt. I was absolutely astounded).

Edited by Maximadc
On 12/15/2022 at 3:42 PM, Chalby said:

The very first episode featuring Tim and Jeniffer, I became excited because I thought we had a transgendered participant. I'm not trying to be funny, because back then, I was serious, and thought it was a good idea. I thought of Tim because of his petite shoulders and wide hips. 3 episodes in, I became more aware that clearly he was born male, because he said nothing about changes in his youth, which I would assume would normally be a storyline?

First, I thought you were talking about Jennifer. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

I almost forgot to watch Part 3. Glad I didn't miss it! It was a trash fest extraordinaire.

Debbie was over the top everywhere. I hated the way Colt spoke to her and he came off like the prize twit he is. But the way she went after Tania made her look like the nut case, not Tania. She's so overly invested; she really needs to step back. I hope she and Tony do well.

Speaking of Tania, the on screen divorce was very sad for me. I think they both care about each other and like Natalie, I couldn't find reason to celebrate.

The appearance of Natalie's hosebeast of a MIL was something I wish they had omitted. I hate the way Mike sits there mute every time monster mom opens her mouth to spew out her hate.

Jamal, oh, my! Not a good look, and even though Tim is also overly invested, I'm glad he pointed out that Jamal seems to be shortchanging Veronica. Too bad she is apparently happy being one of many toys.

• Applause 2
1 hour ago, renatae said:

The appearance of Natalie's hosebeast of a MIL was something I wish they had omitted. I hate the way Mike sits there mute every time monster mom opens her mouth to spew out her hate.

I do too!  I like Mike and I think he loved Natalie but way back in their first season when she threw her ring at him and then insisted in riding with him to the airport and her beyond weird behavior in the car, has had a long lasting distrust of Natalie.

That being said, I think his mother is awful and he is like a little boy when she is around.  I wonder if she had to fight his battles for him as a kid and never got away from it.  

Both Natalie and Mike's mom are weird and off the chain in their own ways.  But Mike needs to remove his mom from the situation and see if he and Natalie can co-habitat.  I personally do not think she can have a normal relationship without therapy.  Intense Therapy. 

• Like 5
On 12/19/2022 at 5:20 AM, renatae said:

Jamal seems to be shortchanging Veronica. Too bad she is apparently happy being one of many toys.

What makes you think "she's" the toy? Like she said, "He's only 27. Let me have fun."

On 12/19/2022 at 9:53 AM, gaPeach said:

I

That being said, I think his mother is awful and he is like a little boy when she is around.  I wonder if she had to fight his battles for him as a kid and never got away from it.  

Both Natalie and Mike's mom are weird and off the chain in their own ways.  But Mike needs to remove his mom from the situation and see if he and Natalie can co-habitat.  I personally do not think she can have a normal relationship without therapy.  Intense Therapy. 

I could agree that both moms are off, way off. I also have to say I don't think that at this point, Natalie is capable of being real or normal.  ... especially I am certain that with cameras around Natalie has zero chance of being real. If there are cameras around, she is all into her primping and awkward movements and facial expressions focusing on her "ready for my close up"..

She is too busy thinking about maintaining her income stream as opposed to living life unsubsized.

• Like 5
On 12/15/2022 at 6:07 PM, bravofan27 said:

Everything is fair on a forum. Every voice is equally valid and allowed as long it isn't against the rules. Some people might see Jamal as a F*boy (myself included). Unless there is a gag order or cease and desist, anyone on this forum can share their opinion. If you want to censor people's comments you could consider being a moderator as well. Your definition of a f*boy is no more interesting than someone else's. 

Yikes, I didn't realize my post sounded like I was trying to censor someone? My apologies. I was only sharing my opinion on Jamal's nickname.

• Like 2
On 12/22/2022 at 11:15 PM, Chalby said:

What makes you think "she's" the toy? Like she said, "He's only 27. Let me have fun."

Because she is looking for a long-term relationship. Apparently, however, she's aware he's playing the field, so...

Edited by renatae
  • Love 1
On 12/26/2022 at 10:21 AM, renatae said:

Because she is looking for a long-term relationship. Apparently, however, she's aware he's playing the field, so...

There you go, shows you what nuances I've missed. I thought she was his first and only girlfriend, so that's why I was teasing that he's "her" toy. Thanks for correction. (Heck they can be each other's toy, 😉)

• Like 1

Just finished season 1. 

Liz goes from a healthy, skin glowing, smiling 28 year old to a bloated, pale, miserable middle-aged looking women after 2 months with Smed. He's like a disease.

Molly is cruel to not straight up tell Kelly she doesn't want more kids. And he's ridiculous with his I'll raise it, you don't have to do anything. Sorry Kelly Jr, mommy didn't sign up to give you attention.

Congratulations Vanessa! You locked down those double d moobs and now you get to motorboat them 5 times a day. 

Danielle is a sad Muppet. Dude gives her a peck, she giggles like a 12 year old, revels in the (non-existent) chemistry, realizes it's love, confesses her ex didn't like the aroma of stale tuna (she's such a shameless flirt), gets a last awkward peck......holds out hope for 9 months he wants a 3rd date. He's totally into her. He's just so busy doing anything else he can't manage a lunch.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
On 12/11/2023 at 4:10 PM, magemaud said:

What an awful cast! 

Horrifying! The racist old lady, Veronica trying to be coquettish, the guy who got catfished, Chantal, CRAZY NATALIE *AGAIN*? It's like they don't want people to watch!

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 2