Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, cincivic said:

In regards to Chris Pratt, I have always felt he was just a doofus. A guy who got some lucky breaks. Pratt needs to learn how to zone out criticism. I do wonder how he landed Katherine Schwarzenegger. 

I personally don't see Katherine as some kind of out-of-his-league catch that Christ somehow figured out how to nab.  More like both of them wanted a more traditional marriage where the husband is the breadwinner and the wife is a wife first, mother second, and her career a distant third.  

• Like 4
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, cincivic said:

I do wonder how he landed Katherine Schwarzenegger. 

His whole life seems to be weirdly connected to the movie Commando. Arnold is his father in law, Rae Dawn Chong discovered him while he was working in Hawaii as a waiter, and his space ship in Guardians of the Galaxy was named after Alyssa Milano. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Dan Hedaya was revealed to be the boss of the company that runs Jurassic Park, or that the guy who played Sully is his neighbor.

• LOL 9
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I personally don't see Katherine as some kind of out-of-his-league catch that Christ somehow figured out how to nab.  More like both of them wanted a more traditional marriage where the husband is the breadwinner and the wife is a wife first, mother second, and her career a distant third.  

I’ve always assumed it was unresolved childhood issues from having a holier than thou, cheating, movie star father for her. And him wanting a traditional marriage with a woman who would have multiple children because Faris wanted to continue to work after he became the more famous one and reportedly didn’t want any more kids because of the health issue their son had. 

2 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

At what point are women allowed to choose how they want to live their life without it being assumed to be some childhood trauma related to daddy issues.  I get it, Arnold, but....

My post was really too flippant and not a very good explanation of my point. It actually wasn’t that she was acting out of trauma or daddy issues (I despise that term because it is inherently sexist). My point was that their choice in partners is a result of the life experiences and unresolved issues for both of them. We all have unresolved issues that influence our choices. Looking at what is known of each of their lives it’s not surprising that they ended up together. In my mind it’s not one of them marrying up and the other settling. 

Also her choosing him in part because of her father isn’t necessarily a bad thing. I think he is a douche but by all accounts he is a good husband and father. Things that I could see her valuing after having a childhood where her father’s affair was exposed in such a public way. 

I do question why a women with a passion for animal rights would marry a man who tosses aside pets based on convenience. In my mind that would be a pretty big incompatibility but if he’s who she wants more power to her. 

Due to my own life unresolved childhood issues I tend to be a cynic when it comes to the viability of most relationships but I’m working of that. 

On 7/2/2022 at 12:42 AM, janie jones said:

And all generically attractive white dudes.

I don't find Chris Hemsworth the least bit generic, but that's just my opinion.

On 7/2/2022 at 3:24 AM, Vermicious Knid said:

Actually, lemmings do not jump off cliffs. The Disney filmmakers killed them. I'm surprised it's gotten so little attention.

I remember when I first read that.  It was devastating.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

Oh, there was plenty of hate for Tom Cruise back when he was bashing psychiatry and jumping on couches.  And some of us still express that disdain.

There's also Tom abandoning his daughter.  But, Tom learned his lesson and keeps his mouth shut.  Now when he's promoting his movies, he stays on script.  Then he returns to his Scientology bubble until it's time to film the next project, rinse and repeat.  He's not giving us things to snark about so we move on to the next celebrity who posts stupid shit on social media.  This week's Bette Midler decided to be that person on Twitter.  Next week it will be someone else.

• Like 3
  • Love 14
Just now, proserpina65 said:

Oh, there was plenty of hate for Tom Cruise back when he was bashing psychiatry and jumping on couches.  And some of us still express that disdain.

I do. Leah Remini and Mike Rinder's 3 season show that exposed a lot of the inner workings of Scientology brought it back for me pretty strongly. Even before that show I couldn't bring myself to watch any new stuff he put out. I think the last thing of his I tried to watch and couldn't get myself to my full attention to was his first Jack Reacher movie after it was available on TV during some movie channel free preview. In the past few years I have re-watched Rain Man but it wasn't really because of him. Some of his older stuff is isn't as hard to watch.

Just seeing Tom Cruise's face sometimes in pictures and whatnot when he's out of character makes me remember that infamous appearance outside of the couch related jumping stunt. The one where he went on his rant criticizing psychiatry around the time Brooke Shields had been open about taking antidepressants due to the severity of postpartum depression she endured. He criticized her career and choice to take medication where he made it sound like the meds were responsible for a dip in her career. I read that he went to her home a year later by himself to apologize, that Katie invited her to their wedding and that Brooke went. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

I don't find Chris Hemsworth the least bit generic, but that's just my opinion.

Mine too. I don't always get the hype of celebs on the sexiest or most beautiful lists, but I totally get it with Chris Hemsworth. He's handsome and has a sick body to go with his face. His brothers are cute too, especially Liam, but Chris is my favorite. 

chris-hemsworth-mens-health-cover-shoot-

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Love 12
15 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Just seeing Tom Cruise's face sometimes in pictures and whatnot when he's out of character makes me remember that infamous appearance outside of the couch related jumping stunt. The one where he went on his rant criticizing psychiatry around the time Brooke Shields had been open about taking antidepressants due to the severity of postpartum depression she endured. He criticized her career and choice to take medication where he made it sound like the meds were responsible for a dip in her career.

Yep his condescending tone with Matt Lauer.  Tom Cruise did himself no favors when he started talking about things that first of all were none of his business and second of all he knew nothing about.   There is an episode of Veronica Mars where she says Geez I hope Tom Cruise doesn't climb through my window and ask me to marry him.  He had become a pop culture joke.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, bluegirl147 said:

Yep his condescending tone with Matt Lauer. 

I remember years ago the company I worked for did a training seminar about interpersonal issues in the work place. I forget what it was actually, maybe harassment in general? IDK. All I remember is the "teacher" who was some kind of pscyhologist/profiler, showed that interview as an example of sociopathic behaviour. The way Tom Cruise kept interrupting and using Matt's name in that utterly condescending way, "Matt, you are wrong about that Matt, the truth Matt, is that blah blah", was a warning sign of someone to stay away from. lol That stuck with me well over a decade...omg, I think it's closer to 2 decades! YIKES later.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13

I've never gotten over the couch jumping or being a shithead to Brooke Shields for Cruise, though I had heard he apologized, or Katie Holmes feeling like she had to run off the way she did just to get away from him. I alluded to this a while ago in another thread, but the stuff about Cruise I truly can't unsee is from reading Going Clear. He's apparently super obsessed with bee pollen, and the anecdotes from people who had him as an auditor make him sound like a pod person. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I worked for did a training seminar about interpersonal issues in the work place. I forget what it was actually, maybe harassment in general? IDK. All I remember is the "teacher" who was some kind of pscyhologist/profiler, showed that interview as an example of sociopathic behaviour.

Did he peg Lauer?  Cuz nailing Cruise was easy at the time.  People who picked up on Lauer's dark side get the tip of my hat.

• Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Did he peg Lauer?  Cuz nailing Cruise was easy at the time.  People who picked up on Lauer's dark side get the tip of my hat.

I think he did comment about Lauer as well though it's been so long and I can't remember what it was. I remember the Cruise bit because I already hated Tom Cruise so it tickled me to hear a professional call him a borderline sociopath. I had no opinion of Lauer so that bit didn't stick. I just remember something vague about power dynamics and the two men trying to dominate the conversation. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

Him not putting up a fight and instead letting Katie have what she wanted and needed to be free of him tells me that whatever Katie has on him is REALLY bad. And I want to know what it is! I'm sure the divorce settlement has something about not releasing whatever it is even in the event of his death (so as to protect the organization) but I am so curious.

I am curious to know what it is too. I'm pretty sure in Going Clear they talk about how heavily involved the Church is in his decision-making, to a quite creepy degree. 

I never really had an opinion on Katie Holmes. I am not sure I've ever even watched her in anything. But after finding out about how she was able to plan her break from him and implement it, I always thought that was pretty badass of her. 

33 minutes ago, cincivic said:

That, right there, goes against what Katherine's family stands for, IMO.

I am not entirely sure family pressure would matter with that family or that there is any to Pratt. I remember a few years ago, her brother was dating Miley Cyrus. Have no clue if this is true, but I read some online articles that talked about how his parents were both not happy with it, but Arnold apparently warned Maria to not make that displeasure known because it would make him less defensive and more likely to not pursue her if they weren't jumping him about it. Regardless about one's thoughts on Arnold, I actually think that's pretty good advice and wouldn't surprise me if it was applied to all the siblings. I wish I had a dollar for everyone I knew who married someone out of spite after they were warned about them, even when the warnings were true. 

In any event, Maria has also commented positively on Chris Pratt's stuff on social media, including when there was a lot of backlash about his comment about Katherine giving him a healthy daughter. She's always struck me as a fairly circumspect and private person--she's even talked about how coming from a famous family really informed her approach to journalism and sensitivity toward people's privacy--so I wouldn't think she'd be demonstrating public support for her son-in-law if she disapproved of him. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
24 minutes ago, Zella said:

I never really had an opinion on Katie Holmes. I am not sure I've ever even watched her in anything. But after finding out about how she was able to plan her break from him and implement it, I always thought that was pretty badass of her. 

Totally. The most badass thing she did was not end her relationship with her parents like Tom apparently wanted. By all accounts she was dazzled by Tom so I think she kept the relationship out of love for her parents and a desire for them and Tom to get along but that meant that she had people to go to when the shine wore off and things started to go south in the marriage. She'd inadvertently kept an escape route available and it turned out she needed one. Her dad's a smart lawyer and helped her make the escape happen without breaking any laws. Listening to whatever advice her dad gave her was also a badass thing to do. We so often think of badassery as something along the lines of physicality but so often it's as simple as standing firm (not cutting off her parents) and listening (to dad when she wanted out of the marriage). 

I am surprised that Tom hasn't (yet) married wife #4. You know there's some poor young woman who is thoroughly brainwashed in Scientology and would happily be the devoted wife Katie was supposed to be so my guess is that her escape was so humiliating that he doesn't want to risk a repeat. Scientology and all the adrenaline junkie action movies he makes are probably more than enough.

• Like 2
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, cincivic said:

Plus, he attended Hillsong which doesnt have a great reputation towards the LGBTQ community.

He didn’t. He attended the Hillsong offshoot, Zoe. There stance is less clear but definitely not supportive. 

1 hour ago, cincivic said:

That, right there, goes against what Katherine's family stands for, IMO. YMMV of course. I just have always found it an odd connection. 

Definitely with one side of her family. Less so with the other. 

16 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

Totally. The most badass thing she did was not end her relationship with her parents like Tom apparently wanted. By all accounts she was dazzled by Tom so I think she kept the relationship out of love for her parents and a desire for them and Tom to get along but that meant that she had people to go to when the shine wore off and things started to go south in the marriage. She'd inadvertently kept an escape route available and it turned out she needed one.

That's one reason why if I think a friend or a relative is in a bad relationship, I try my best to maintain the connection I have with them, even if it means being neutral about the person I think or know is a walking red flag. They're counting on cutting everyone else off to maintain more control, and depriving them of the opportunity to do so leaves the other party a lifeline.

If I'm not mistaken, I don't think Nicole Kidman cut her parents off either. 

• Love 15

There was a rumor going around that all the pictures of Katie pregnant were actually a pillow because they were so hinky about the relationship. We know his swimmers weren't very good (hence Tom's accusation that Nicole 'knew what she did' when she did get pregnant), I personally believe she was impregnated through IVF and all the weirdness with the timeline and the marriage were from covering it up. Because he had to be seen as the Virile Scientology He-Man and wasn't taking any chances this time.

I hate that Maverick has been so successful and will just feed into his ego.

My parents stepped back and let my sister make her own decisions on who she dated, even if they didn't approve of him. She's just finalized her divorce from a 33 year marriage and is angry, bitter and upset she wasted so much of her life on this guy. But she wouldn't have listened even if our parents had strenuously objected.

• Love 7
On 7/2/2022 at 3:24 AM, Vermicious Knid said:

Actually, lemmings do not jump off cliffs. The Disney filmmakers killed them. I'm surprised it's gotten so little attention.

The myth of the mass suicide of lemmings predates the film by at least 81 years and well known enough that it was referred to in short stories published in 1951 and 1953, before the Disney documentary came out. Disney, though, helped popularize the idea.

On 7/3/2022 at 3:14 PM, JustHereForFood said:

I think there could be a Ryan group, with Reynolds, Gosling and Phillippe, if we can come up with one more?

Aside from the fact he stole Blake Lively from me, what on Earth has Ryan Reynolds done that is all that bad?

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Zella said:

If I'm not mistaken, I don't think Nicole Kidman cut her parents off either. 

She also wouldn't join Scientology.

9 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

After the divorce from Nicole Tom got custody of their kids and successfully turned them against her to the point that they refuse to even acknowledge her and want nothing to do with their little sisters.

There are many reasons to not like Tom Cruise but this is the top of the list.  She was their mother and Tom had so little regard for that he effectively cut her out of their lives. 

The most badass thing she did was not end her relationship with her parents like Tom apparently wanted. By all accounts she was dazzled by Tom so I think she kept the relationship out of love for her parents and a desire for them and Tom to get along but that meant that she had people to go to when the shine wore off and things started to go south in the marriage. She'd inadvertently kept an escape route available and it turned out she needed one. Her dad's a smart lawyer and helped her make the escape happen without breaking any laws. Listening to whatever advice her dad gave her was also a badass thing to do. We so often think of badassery as something along the lines of physicality but so often it's as simple as standing firm (not cutting off her parents) and listening (to dad when she wanted out of the marriage). 

There was a book a few years ago that was allegedly a fictionalized account of Tom and Katie's relationship.  The husband Tom freaks out when their child accidently cuts themselves.  He panics and starts talking about how they need to plan some secretive way of dealing with this (I don't remember the details but I think it probably had to do with Scientology) and the wife Katie very calmly says we are going to the ER.  

I am surprised that Tom hasn't (yet) married wife #4.

Has he had a public girlfriend since Katie?  

• Like 2
  • Love 8
24 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

There are many reasons to not like Tom Cruise but this is the top of the list.  She was their mother and Tom had so little regard for that he effectively cut her out of their lives.  

Cults are going to cult.  The two children Tom and Nicole adopted were and maybe still are fully enmeshed in Scientology.  A couple years ago when I did a deep dive into the cult I read a rumor that the Church help to facilitate the adoptions and the mother(s?) were members of the Sea Org who fell pregnant.  And, people with uteruses in the Sea Org are not allowed to get pregnant.  There is no option for staying in the Sea Org and keeping the baby.  

The Church also surrounds Tom with its members.  The nannies for the kids would have been Scientologists.  And Scientologists have some interesting beliefs about childhood.  Mainly, children are born with adult minds in a child's body.  There is no such thing as child development in Scientology.  A four year old child has the same reasoning as an adult.  So if the kids complained to their nannies about going to Nicole's house, then they and Tom would say that they did not have to go.  Nicole would also have been labeled a SP and someone to keep the kids away from.  Her status as their mother would never be considered.  

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Danielg342 said:

Aside from the fact he stole Blake Lively from me, what on Earth has Ryan Reynolds done that is all that bad?

The "worst" game doesn't mean that any of the group is actually bad.  That's why Pratt getting upset about it was so silly.  You could play that game with saints.  Or with people who are very loved and admired. In fact, all of them being liked and popular is what makes the game fun.

• Like 2
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

Not that I am aware of. I know in between Nicole and Katie, Scientology leaders were "auditioning" Scientology-approved ladies for him. Nazanin Boniadi was one of them. Her account of it in Going Clear was pretty creepy. I think they disliked the bad press when that came out, so they're probably pretty paranoid about any news of that slipping again. 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I remember years ago the company I worked for did a training seminar about interpersonal issues in the work place. I forget what it was actually, maybe harassment in general? IDK. All I remember is the "teacher" who was some kind of pscyhologist/profiler, showed that interview as an example of sociopathic behaviour. The way Tom Cruise kept interrupting and using Matt's name in that utterly condescending way, "Matt, you are wrong about that Matt, the truth Matt, is that blah blah", was a warning sign of someone to stay away from. lol That stuck with me well over a decade...omg, I think it's closer to 2 decades! YIKES later.

I find that almost always, when someone starts a conversation with my name, it's a passive aggressive play.  Same with "Listen John Doe, ..."

• Like 3
  • Love 4

Hello all!  Just a friendly reminder of our Politics Policy.  Some of the posts about Chris Pratt and Kathrerine Schwarzenegger have come close to crossing the line.  Feel free to discuss them, just be aware of the of the policy.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

Word on the street was that he was supposedly dating his Mission Impossible co-star Hayley Atwell but they have recently split up.  If they were ever even really dating.

• Useful 2
4 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Word on the street was that he was supposedly dating his Mission Impossible co-star Hayley Atwell but they have recently split up.  If they were ever even really dating.

I think that was a PR romance. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
21 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Mine too. I don't always get the hype of celebs on the sexiest or most beautiful lists, but I totally get it with Chris Hemsworth. He's handsome and has a sick body to go with his face. His brothers are cute too, especially Liam, but Chris is my favorite. 

Looks pretty white guy generic “hot” to me. The way he is posed, plus the metrosexual hair and facial scruff makes me laugh.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I think that was a PR romance. 

I think so, too because Tom is always supposedly 'dating' his co-star.  What's weird about Tom though is that he never actually cashes in on these fauxmances, like "accidentally" getting caught candidly (on purpose) by a photographer or something like that.  Which is usually the whole point of a pr romance.  To do it in public.  To get the publicity.  But this is Tom Cruise we are dealing with so who the hell knows or even cares.  🤷‍♀️  I recall that Hayley's fans were all freaking out though when this came out. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Re: Chris Hemworth - In pictures he looks like a generically attractive dude.  No one I turn to look at twice.  But in film he has a charm and a bit of a twinkle that makes him look much more appealing.

Same deal with Tom Hiddleston who in pictures honestly sometimes looks like he should be living circa 1820 during the Industrial Revolution in England in a too cold flat and is suffering from consumption.  But in tv/movies he also has a charm and twinkle that makes him a lot more attractive than pictures manage to convey.

Re: Tom Cruise - unpopular opinion, maybe, but I don't dislike or like Tom Cruise.  His movies are entertaining enough and I'd go see one.  I actually respect his hustle.  I'd sure as hell would never have anything to do with him though if I was a woman because you don't want to be involved with anyone in thrall to a cult. But then again, I personally would not get involved with anyone deeply entrenched in a religion either.

• Like 3
  • LOL 8
  • Love 7
(edited)
22 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

I think so, too because Tom is always supposedly 'dating' his co-star.

Before Katie there was talk he wanted to get involved with Keri Russell his costar in one of the Mission Impossible sequels.  He also got involved with Penelope Cruz his costar in Vanilla Sky. And he did meet Nicole on Days of Thunder. He met his first wife Mimi Rogers when she was his Scientology auditor whatever that is.  He might just be a lazy dater and doesn't want to have to look too hard to find someone.

Edited by bluegirl147
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I find Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth both average to maybe a smidge above average attractive in the looks department. What places them above the bar for me is their personalities (or what I see of them in the media). This is what I find, added with their looks, to make them very attractive.

Chris Pine has pretty eyes and seems like a nice guy, but he is not my type. 

Also, this may have been said before, but the whole Chris ranking "joke" thing worked because their careers seemed to have been blowing up around the same time, and they are all around the same age and white guys. At one point, and for a while, there was a Chris in every big movie for a long period of time.

The Toms are from various generations, and their career "outbrakes" did not hit simultaneously.

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

Same deal with Tom Hiddleston who in pictures honestly sometimes looks like he should be living circa 1820 during the Industrial Revolution in England in a too cold flat and is suffering from consumption.  But in tv/movies he also has a charm and twinkle that makes him a lot more attractive than pictures manage to convey.

I know some people find Tom Hiddleston f'ugly. I respect that. But I take him over a Chris every time.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Looks pretty white guy generic “hot” to me. The way he is posed, plus the metrosexual hair and facial scruff makes me laugh.

He doesn't do anything for me either. I had a boss who was absolutely crazy about him, and the look on her face when I was like "Meh" was priceless. LOLOL 

• LOL 3
10 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

Before Katie there was talk he wanted to get involved with Keri Russell his costar in one of the Mission Impossible sequels.  He also got involved with Penelope Cruz his costar in Vanilla Sky. And he did meet Nicole on Days of Thunder. He met his first wife Mimi Rogers when she was his Scientology auditor whatever that is.  He might just be a lazy dater and doesn't want to have to look to hard too find someone.

Would have lost all respect for Keri Russell if she dated him.

I think around that time, Keri actually went to the Scientology headquarters or whatever it is, probably more to secure that role, because it was probably the biggest movie she was in.

If you listen to her in interviews when she was on The Americans, she swears up a storm, kind of belying that goody two shoes image.  So that might not have been good for Cruise.

• Love 8

Whenever I think of Tom Hiddleston, this is all I can think about:

https://tomandlorenzo.com/2016/09/tom-hiddleston-for-gucci-cruise-2017-tailoring-ad-campaign/

1 minute ago, aghst said:

I think around that time, Keri actually went to the Scientology headquarters or whatever it is, probably more to secure that role, because it was probably the biggest movie she was in.

If you listen to her in interviews when she was on The Americans, she swears up a storm, kind of belying that goody two shoes image.  So that might not have been good for Cruise.

Yeah I hadn't heard about Keri Russell. I did a double-take on that one. One of the things that stood out to me behind-the-scenes on any of the stuff I've seen from The Americans is she also seems like she has a really fun personality and doesn't seem to take herself seriously. I can't see her personality meshing very well with his or her sticking around the Scientology world long. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

I'm the one who said "generically attractive," and when I said it, I didn't mean to call into question any of their handsomeness. Of course every one of them has some feature that will make them stand out to someone. I just meant that they're all for the most part considered good looking, and that they all have the same basic characteristics making them the sort of stereotypical attractive white guy: light hair, light eyes, tall, muscular. If any one of them attacked you, the whole rest of them would be in the lineup.

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

Makes me think impure thoughts. 😊

1 hour ago, Enigma X said:

What places them above the bar for me is their personalities (or what I see of them in the media). 

Yes, yes, I like Chris Hemsworth for his "personality." 😉

• Wink 8
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Enigma X said:

I find Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth both average to maybe a smidge above average attractive in the looks department. What places them above the bar for me is their personalities (or what I see of them in the media). This is what I find, added with their looks, to make them very attractive.

There was a interview/video thing Chris Hemsworth did at a koala rescue where, among other things, he was bottle-feeding an orphaned baby koala.  Umm . . . . what was I doing again?

• Hugs 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, aghst said:

With how involved Cruise is with his moves it would not surprise me if any potential co-stars without a lot of clout had to at least feign an interest in Scientology. I remember Leah Remini talking about constantly being pressured to recruit Kevin James even though she made it clear he was Catholic and would not be interested. 

Evans and Hemsworth do it for me because on top of being very pretty to look at, they are both funny, charming, kind and don't take themselves too seriously. Pratt is pretty to look at and funny at times but while I once found him charming all of that is gone now and he clearly takes himself way too seriously. Pine, for me, is "the other one". He looks nice and my BFF assures me he's awesome but I really don't know anything about him and other than I think he was the love interest in Wonder Woman (which I haven't actually seen) IDK what else he's done. 

Tom Hiddleston I thought was attractive until I saw him as Loki. That kind of killed any appeal he had for me. I'm fickle and greasy emo doesn't do it for me. lol

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

He met his first wife Mimi Rogers when she was his Scientology auditor whatever that is.  He might just be a lazy dater and doesn't want to have to look too hard to find someone.

From what I've read Mimi's father got involved with Scientology before she was born and was friends with Ron L. Hubbard at some point. She and her first husband had a "field auditing" practice before she started acting where Tom Cruise was a client before being directed to their "Celebrity Centre". She must have gotten out around the time of her divorce from Cruise in the early 90's. Her wiki page also says that Scientology leader David Miscavige reportedly interfered in her and Cruise's marriage so Tom could pursue Nicole.  It also said her father was declared a "suppressive person" in the early 80's when there was a big Scientology cull of their members.

She apparently gave an interview to Playboy about being married to Tom and likened him to a monk when it came to intimacy. She later retracted that and said she had been misunderstood. I don't doubt that it's probably true though since he came off as extremely arrogant and self centered when he let his mask slip during the time he was going off about psychiatry. 

I'm glad Mimi got away from that cult.  I've always liked her from her interviews and what I've seen her in over the years. I didn't know she had been married to Tom until the 90's because I was pretty young when they were originally married. I was surprised after finding out because to me they seemed like an odd match. Their shared interest in the cult at that time was probably a big part of it though.

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 1
  • Useful 5
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

The "worst" game doesn't mean that any of the group is actually bad.  That's why Pratt getting upset about it was so silly.  You could play that game with saints.  Or with people who are very loved and admired. In fact, all of them being liked and popular is what makes the game fun.

Oh OK, I got worried for a second...though I'm still outraged that Reynolds married Lively before I did. :P

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Danielg342 said:

Oh OK, I got worried for a second...though I'm still outraged that Reynolds married Lively before I did. :P

Ryan Reynolds is the best Ryan. It doesn't even matter who else is on the list. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 7

I'm a massive Hiddleston fan, so I just can't understand how anybody can't worship him the way I do.....*LOL*

Here's a compilation of clips of him from the Graham Norton show, and all I see is charm, talent & charisma.....*sigh*

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, SnapHappy said:

I'm a massive Hiddleston fan, so I just can't understand how anybody can't worship him the way I do.....*LOL*

Here's a compilation of clips of him from the Graham Norton show, and all I see is charm, talent & charisma.....*sigh*

Same! No on explains the Pythagorean theorem like Tom does! He makes it sound so sexay.😍🥰😍

• Love 6