Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

Rebel Wilson has made her latest romance Instagram official with a post that doubles as a coming out for the comedic actor. “I thought I was searching for a Disney prince… but maybe what I really needed all this time was a Disney Princess,” she wrote alongside a photo of herself and her new boo, Ramona Agruma. She added a couple heart emoji, a rainbow, and the hashtag “#loveislove.”

This is the first time Wilson has explicitly confirmed her relationship with Agruma, founder of the sustainable loungewear brand Lemon Ve Limon, but she hasn’t exactly been hiding it either. In March, Wilson and Agruma appeared at the Vanity Fair Oscars party together. And in the past few months, Agruma has appeared frequently on Wilson’s Instagram, starting in January. Per Wilson’s posts, it appears that the duo celebrated Valentine’s Day together, Wilson’s birthday in March, and the success of her Netflix movie Senior Year in May. They even met Dionne Warwick together at an event in April.

https://www.thecut.com/2022/06/rebel-wilson-comes-out-on-instagram-with-her-girlfriend.html

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

It's very disturbing he doesn't just want to get laid a lot, but specifically to have sex to impregnate the woman.

Maybe he’s trying to be the male Michelle Duggar?  😁

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

It's very disturbing he doesn't just want to get laid a lot, but specifically to have sex to impregnate the woman.

As far as I can tell, the women he's sleeping with agree to the arrangement. It's really only Nick Cannon's business if he wants to spread his seed around with multiple women, as long as he has willing partners then I really don't care if that's what he wants to do.

I might not agree with it or see the logic, but I'm not Nick Cannon or the mothers to his kids, so I have no opinion on how he conducts himself. As long as he's not hurting anyone, then I don't care what he does.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, Popples said:

Why the hell was he even there?   They've been divorced for DECADES.   They were married for a little over 2 days.   It's not like this was some great love affair and the two were unfairly forced apart.   And why NOW?    Again, divorced for decades and he wasn't showing up in her life doing stuff like this.   Sure he supported the Free Britney movement, but not in a "I'm her husband" kinda way.

What did he hope to accomplish by showing up?   It's just bizarre.   

• Love 16
25 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Why the hell was he even there?   They've been divorced for DECADES.   They were married for a little over 2 days.   It's not like this was some great love affair and the two were unfairly forced apart.   And why NOW?    Again, divorced for decades and he wasn't showing up in her life doing stuff like this.   Sure he supported the Free Britney movement, but not in a "I'm her husband" kinda way.

My guess is someone paid him. I had not heard anything about Britney's wedding till he crashed it.

• Useful 8
  • Love 3

The term "Instagram Official" makes me want to slap somebody.  Primarily, the person that uses the term.  It just sounds so idiotic to me. 

If you commit to a relationship and DON'T post it on Instagram, is it not official?  

If a tree falls in a forest....

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

The term "Instagram Official" makes me want to slap somebody.  Primarily, the person that uses the term.  It just sounds so idiotic to me. 

What if you don't do Instagram? Is  your relationship considered less than in some way? I say that in jest but people take social media waaaaay too seriously.  The View earlier this week analyzed why Lori Harvey deleted all her pics with Michael B. Jordan off her Instagram. It was an actual hot topic.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Love 8
(edited)
8 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Per some stuff I recently read, apparently her family was instrumental in getting the annulment against both his will and hers, so I can see how that may still be a sore point. But clearly Britney didn't run to him as soon as she was freed, so I imagine he lives in a weirdly delusional world where she is still somehow being prevented from seeing him. That clip of him running through the wedding was so embarrassing that I couldn't finish it. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 7
  • Love 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, Danielg342 said:

As far as I can tell, the women he's sleeping with agree to the arrangement. It's really only Nick Cannon's business if he wants to spread his seed around with multiple women, as long as he has willing partners then I really don't care if that's what he wants to do.

I might not agree with it or see the logic, but I'm not Nick Cannon or the mothers to his kids, so I have no opinion on how he conducts himself. As long as he's not hurting anyone, then I don't care what he does.

If Mr. Cannon and his respective paramours' canoodling ONLY produced pet rocks or Gummi bears, I'd agree with you.

However  they've produced living, breathing HUMANS who now will have to deal with the fact that they were conceived for the express purpose of satiating their male DNA Donor's ego and possibly via their female DNA Donors' to attempt to fulfill celeb fantasies. IOW, they've been conceived solely due to their so-called parents' selfishness and, AFIAK, NOT because   Mr. Cannon and the  co-parents considered every single one of their own individual needs and desires to be secondary to wanting to nurture, caretake and guide helpless individual babies from birth through toddlerhood, childhood and adolescence all the way to adulthood!  Thus, there ARE folks getting hurt if not damaged by this!

Edited by Blergh
  • Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 16

I'm just going to leave this here. Nick Cannon talks to Men's Health about his unorthodox life and relationships with his kids, which he says is working out quite well. Make of that what you will.

17 minutes ago, Blergh said:

If Mr. Cannon and his respective paramours' canoodling ONLY produced pet rocks or Gummi bears, I'd agree with you.

However  they've produced living, breathing HUMANS who now will have to deal with the fact that they were conceived for the express purpose of satiating their male DNA Donor's ego and possibly via their female DNA Donors' to attempt to fulfill celeb fantasies. IOW, they've been conceived solely due to their so-called parents' selfishness and, AFIAK, NOT because   Mr. Cannon and the  co-parents considered every single one of their own individual needs and desires to be secondary to wanting to nurture, caretake and guide helpless individual babies from birth through toddlerhood, childhood and adolescence all the way to adulthood!  Thus, there ARE folks getting hurt if not damaged by this!

Sure, it's not the conventional form of parenting or child-rearing...but I'm not Mr. Cannon or his lovers. I'm not his kids. I have no way of knowing if this truly is an ego trip and his kids will get hurt or if the arrangement is actually working far better than I could expect. I have not seen any reports that suggest he is failing at his duties or his obligations, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

• Love 1

A little more strangeness at Britney's wedding, even though he was supposed to be there, her brother was a no show

One odd family moment ... as we'd told you, Britney's brother, Bryan, was supposed to attend -- he and a date we're all dressed up shortly before the wedding -- but he ended up no-showing for the big night.

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, RedElf said:

Justin Beiber announced that he has Ramsay Hunt syndrome, which is derived from shingles, which has caused paralysis to one side of his face.

https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/justin-bieber-face-paralysis-ramsay-hunt-syndrome-video-1235085836/

Both Justin & Haley had covid, then they both end up with strange medical problems (she had a stroke-like incident) which you don't normally see in people in their mid twenties. IMO, it's related.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5
  • Useful 12
  • Love 1

I had to double check the headline about Jason Alexander crashing Britney's wedding to make sure it wasn't an Onion story. Her kids didn't attend either, which seems to be their choice but they haven't made a statement beyond wishing her well.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, RedElf said:

Justin Beiber announced that he has Ramsay Hunt syndrome, which is derived from shingles, which has caused paralysis to one side of his face.

https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/justin-bieber-face-paralysis-ramsay-hunt-syndrome-video-1235085836/

Wow, poor guy.  His fairweather "fans" were buying his Timbits (donuts he's marketing for Canadian donut chain Tim Hortons) and throwing them at his tour bus because he cancelled those shows.  So stupid.  🙄

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 7
1 hour ago, GaT said:

Both Justin & Haley had covid, then they both end up with strange medical problems (she had a stroke-like incident) which you don't normally see in people in their mid twenties. IMO, it's related.

They've been really test the "in sickness" part of their wedding vows. I've never been the biggest fan of Bieber, but I do get the feeling that they're in this for real and not just a photo op like the Kardashian/Jenner wedding farces.

• Like 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, GaT said:

Wow.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, Danielg342 said:

I agree, but I bet a lot of people would think differently if he was a woman doing the same.

17 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

If you commit to a relationship and DON'T post it on Instagram, is it not official?  

If a tree falls in a forest....

It’s incredibly idiotic, imo. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, GaT said:

I’m sure it is. Of course, the anti-vaxxer crowd on Twitter is already claiming it’s the vaccine that caused it. 🙄🙄🙄

• Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 8
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

I’m sure it is. Of course, the anti-vaxxer crowd on Twitter is already claiming it’s the vaccine that caused it. 🙄🙄🙄

All of those random internet virology experts! 🤣

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Applause 1
  • Love 19
(edited)
5 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Well Haley’s heart condition was reported to be something she was born with.  I wish them both better health.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Hugs 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
8 hours ago, Cinnabon said:
On 6/10/2022 at 6:37 AM, Danielg342 said:

Expand  

I agree, but I bet a lot of people would think differently if he was a woman doing the same.

I think Kate Winslet has gotten quite a bit of grief for having three children with three different men.

I like the person who pointed out that if a woman sleeps around, she has one pregnancy.  When Nick sleeps around, the number of pregnancies can be astronomical.

• Like 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

Jimmy was going for something funny.  But what ended up really happening is that he had to watch the rest of the game covered in beer.  I have to admit that I find that thought more amusing than his intended joke.

I believe the hot dog dumped in beer is a continuation of something that happened on his show with Elisabeth Moss recently.  Before he asked Moss about it, he showed a candid video of a Yankee fan who did it at a game.  Moss said it wasn’t a big deal, so they both tried it.    He has a running theme on his show about odd food combinations.  The recent candid thing doesn’t bother me, maybe because I really like Fallon.  😝He doesn’t take himself too seriously and loves to laugh.  Here’s a link for the scene on his show.  It’s towards the end of the clip. 

• Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Crs97 said:

I think Kate Winslet has gotten quite a bit of grief for having three children with three different men.

So did marrying a guy who legally changed his name to Ned Rocknroll. 

I see that he's since changed it back to Ned Smith though as of last year.

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I believe the hot dog dumped in beer is a continuation of something that happened on his show with Elisabeth Moss recently.  Before he asked Moss about it, he showed a candid video of a Yankee fan who did it at a game.  Moss said it wasn’t a big deal, so they both tried it.    He has a running theme on his show about odd food combinations.  The recent candid thing doesn’t bother me, maybe because I really like Fallon.  😝He doesn’t take himself too seriously and loves to laugh.  Here’s a link for the scene on his show.  It’s towards the end of the clip. 

But would Mr. Fallon have wasted a perfectly good hot dog and beer if the camera hadn't zoomed on him? 

I'm also wondering if he might have asked the broadcasters in advance to pan on him. 

BTW, at times like this I wish there were an 'eyeroll' icon in these parts!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Fine, I'll say it- if he was a woman he'd get at least a few people defending him by telling us to not "slut shame" him. It really works both ways.

3 hours ago, Crs97 said:

Winslet's found a way to make it work too, so I won't give her any grief either.

11 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

First of all, to my knowledge no doctor has actually made that diagnosis one way or the other. So I'm not drawing either conclusion.

Second of all, neither event would be surprising. Unfortunate for the Biebers, but not surprising. We're still learning a lot about COVID-19, and with literally billions infected and/or vaccinated, there will be a few outliers in how they react to the condition. All this does is just point to why anecdotes are poor scientific evidence- because they don't say anything meaningful about the prevalence of the incident reported.

4 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Jimmy was going for something funny.  But what ended up really happening is that he had to watch the rest of the game covered in beer.  I have to admit that I find that thought more amusing than his intended joke.

Jimmy Fallon's the same guy who, as a New Yorker, played a picture-perfect Red Sox fan. That had to take some guts, at least and shows his great impression abilities.

I got a great "superfan" vibe from that video so I enjoyed it quite a bit. Yeah, he's now got a beer-soaked shirt but...I'm sure by that point he's too drunk to realize it or care. Plus, he's Jimmy Fallon...I'm sure he can afford a few new ones.

If it means anything for the people who didn't like this stunt, at least take note of this- Fallon's beloved Rangers still lost the game, 3-1 to the Tampa Bay Lightning in Game 5 of their playoff series, meaning they'll have to go back to Tampa for Game 6 where if they lose, they're eliminated. Not easy. Have I also mentioned the Lightning are the two time defending Stanley Cup champs?

I anticipate a few more beer-soaked shirts by the time this is over.

• Wink 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Crs97 said:

I didn't know that, and it surprises me. She had all her kids while married to her children's fathers, not while indiscriminately sleeping around. I could see people side eying multiple marriages, but not having children in-wedlock.

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
(edited)

I KNEW I could count on Bieber to be in the news for something!  Being sick kinda sucks, though. 

1 hour ago, janie jones said:

I didn't know that, and it surprises me. She had all her kids while married to her children's fathers, not while indiscriminately sleeping around. I could see people side eying multiple marriages, but not having children in-wedlock.

Kate Hudson has 3 kids with 3 different fathers, and she was I think, only married to the first one, Chris Robinson. 

Who really cares if people are married or not?  The very devout are all for it, until it becomes inconvenient, then they divorce just as fast as the heathens.  And the word "Wedlock" is so true, for such an antiquated notion as marriage.  Most people these days just want an excuse for a huge party, and get tired of the actual marriage pretty quickly.  

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Like 1
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, Crs97 said:

Unfortunately, I wonder if that's because she's British, and the British paparazzi are really over the top disgusting, way worse than American.  I think Kate Hudson also has 3 kids by 3 different men, but I don't think anyone here cares.

1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

I hope he gets well quickly, but why is he still even a thing? He can fade away any day now.

He makes music that people like.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
(edited)
28 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Unfortunately, I wonder if that's because she's British, and the British paparazzi are really over the top disgusting, way worse than American.  I think Kate Hudson also has 3 kids by 3 different men, but I don't think anyone here cares.

He makes music that people like.

I've heard the same regarding the British press. 

Funny you should mention Kate Hudson. I remember back in the day Britney Spears complained why did she get backlash for sexy photoshoots when Kate was barely older than her and no one said anything about that either. With that, imo not that it was her job to parent America, but her fan base was small kids, Kate's never was. 

Having a few kids with a few different people isn't my ideal, but stuff happens. Not using protection and trying to get a many women pregnant as possible is a whole other story. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Like 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, Zella said:

I'm not a Rebel Wilson fan and agree with everyone who was rolling their eyes at the term "Instagram official," but apparently Wilson announced it when she did and the way she did because an Australian newspaper was getting ready to out her. A columnist for the newspaper then had the audacity to be offended that she responded to their asking her for comment on the relationship by getting ahead of the story rather than just be outed by them.

The earliest incident of this horrible trend I retain in my memory is when The Enquirer was going to out Danny Pintauro, who was a public figure for having appeared as a kid/teen on Who's the Boss? years before, and his TV mom Judith Light advised him the best way to salvage this despicable act was to go ahead and give an interview so his own words would be the focus of the story; turning the tables resulted in a surprisingly positive article, although of course he should never have been put in that position to begin with.  (She's as fantastic an activist as she is an actor, thus it has stuck in my mind, especially because, with all the child actor horror stories, Alyssa Milano and Danny Pintauro both still adore and credit their TV parents.)

Now there are even better ways to get ahead of the story, rather than having to talk to the odious publication.  I don't know anything about Wilson, but good for her getting one over on this cretin who's now whining that instead of answering the publication's inappropriate questions she posted her story on her own and "scooped" them.

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 2
  • Love 21
10 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I hope he gets well quickly, but why is he still even a thing? He can fade away any day now.

Teen idols have a way of hanging around in our culture.  Some because folks relate to them from their own youth, and others because people love to see them fail.  Case in point - Britney Spears, and even stranger (to me), Bobby Brown.  I mean I can't count how many shows pop up on the TV schedule about Bobby friggin' Brown.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

Who really cares if people are married or not?  The very devout are all for it, until it becomes inconvenient, then they divorce just as fast as the heathens.  And the word "Wedlock" is so true, for such an antiquated notion as marriage.  Most people these days just want an excuse for a huge party, and get tired of the actual marriage pretty quickly.  

*I* don't. I was just saying that seems like the thing people would care about, not the fact that it's multiple men. According to Wikipedia, she was married to all of them, though.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Teen idols have a way of hanging around in our culture.  Some because folks relate to them from their own youth, and others because people love to see them fail.

Perhaps but in the case of Justin Bieber, as someone noted above, Justin is still "hanging around" because his music is still very popular. I understand that may be surprising to some who maybe aren't fans, (personally, I've only liked maybe a handful of Justin Bieber's songs) but the reality is his music still sells very well and so he's still very much profitable in the industry. 

• Love 9
14 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

He keeps having hit music, why should he fade away?

• Applause 2
  • Love 6

Perhaps but in the case of Justin Bieber, as someone noted above, Justin is still "hanging around" because his music is still very popular. I understand that may be surprising to some who maybe aren't fans, (personally, I've only liked maybe a handful of Justin Bieber's songs) but the reality is his music still sells very well and so he's still very much profitable in the industry. 

I think he made a case for himself as a credible adult musician with "Love Yourself." Since then he's had a lot of flops but he knows how to manipulate numbers and collaborate with other artists (DJ Khaled, Ed Sheeran, etc.) to keep himself relevant. And then every so often he stumbles on a song like "Peaches" that is a genuine hit.

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, RedElf said:

He keeps having hit music, why should he fade away?

Those of us who aren't Mr. Bieber's fans who want him and Mrs. Bieber to have good health but otherwise would like the fanbase to consider that he comes across  to others as an annoying (and possibly toxic) person. Perhaps if enough of the current fanbase draws that conclusion then he'll fade away to have a physically  healthy life away from the spotlight. 

Edited by Blergh
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
(edited)

I didn’t like Bieber very much at one time.  Then, I heard a song he co-wrote with Ed Sheeran.  I felt like I could have written it, especially the part about my mama not liking you.  (Bad relationship person I knew.)  Lol. I changed my perspective.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

They look so happy. 😐

(I didn't separate the mother from the pic.  She nor Jami Lynn were invited, dunno about daddio, though I doubt it)

bs.jpg

The newlyweds look triumphant while Mrs. Spears looks frustrated that, via the marriage, Miss Spears is less vulnerable to Mrs. Spears's exploitation than in previous times. 

Edited by Blergh
  • Love 6