Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: You Dim Sum, You Lose Some

• Start Topic

Tiffany throws a Dim Sum brunch and finds herself going head to head with Kamron, D’andra sees her Shaman and revels that her stepmother has recently reached out to her; Kary’s daughter Olivia comes home from collage suffering from anxiety 

Airdate 01/12/2021 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Mindthinkr said:

Dang. I just started this thread too. How do I erase mine as we seem to have posted at about the same time. 
Great minds and all that! 

Yea I didn’t think anyone was gonna start one and I had to talk about steph eating Travis’s ass LOL 

Are they gonna explain Jen just popping up? I get she was supposed to be a housewife and something happened but are they gonna address it? 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Are they gonna explain Jen just popping up? I get she was supposed to be a housewife and something happened but are they gonna address it? 

I don’t know how true it is, but I recall reading that she had to cut out of the season half way so she never became a full time housewife. 

• Love 2

Sometimes I think Kameron’s playing a ditzy blonde, some it seems like she really is one, such as not knowing words like cathartic. At least she asks what the word means instead of between.

Kary, is going to just exhaust me.

• Love 13

I noticed when Tiffany was giving us at tour of her home,

that one of the diplomas that she had displayed held a degree in Astrology. Couldn’t she see into the future that the chicken feet were not going to fly. 

• LOL 18
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Jel said:

Every one really needs to stop IQ shaming Kameron.

Sehreeusslah

I’m sorry if I came across as IQ shaming Kameron. That wasn’t my intent. 
To me, being a ditz is not a reflection of one’s IQ or competence. Her not knowing some words doesn’t mean she isn’t intelligent. It is just odd that her vocabulary isn’t more expansive.

• Love 6
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Jel said:

Every one really needs to stop IQ shaming Kameron.

Sehreeusslah

I wouldn’t say it’s shaming her .. I am not the most worldly traveled and I seem to be more well versed then she is and that’s just a little but sad .. she acts like she is a toddler most of the time instead of a grown ass woman it’s not cute constantly and comes across has an act and not authentic like she’s doing it for the show .. like spending any consistent amount of time with her would be maddening  because she doesn’t seem to have a maturity to her like there isn’t a substance there.. 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

I’m sorry if I came across as IQ shaming Kameron. That wasn’t my intent. 
To me, being a ditz is not a reflection of one’s IQ or competence. Her not knowing some words doesn’t mean she isn’t intelligent. It is just odd that her vocabulary isn’t more expansive.

Nooo! You didn’t...I was just joking. I should have included a winky face.

It is kind of strange that Kam has never heard the word “cathartic”. But Kameron! No need for any catharsis when your life is just sparkles and candy floss!

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

I find some of Kam’s malapropisms amusing, in an endearing way.  But I also think she plays it up for the cameras, much like Jessica Simpson back in the day.

But the editors sure make it look like Tiffany looks down on Kam.  I’m sure Kam isn’t smart enough for Miss “I never got a B and even my ovaries are over achievers.” 🙄

• LOL 3
  • Love 19

The housewives are all sniping at each other on Twitter. It’s more entertaining than the actual episode 😂. Tiffany came off too strong and annoying about the food but some of the women displayed a level of ignorance and immaturity that bordered on insensitivity 😬. Kary needs to calm down about D’Andra and I say that as someone who doesn’t typically like D’Andra that much.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, CSunshine76 said:

I find some of Kam’s malapropisms amusing, in an endearing way.  But I also think she plays it up for the cameras, much like Jessica Simpson back in the day.

But the editors sure make it look like Tiffany looks down on Kam.  I’m sure Kam isn’t smart enough for Miss “I never got a B and even my ovaries are over achievers.” 🙄

Me too. Kam is my all time favourite hw. Sure she works it a bit, but she is poking fun at herself. It’s preferable to the usual fare of guttural growls or season long take downs IMO.

• Love 11

I don't eat a lot of foods either, and chicken feet is one of them, regardless of how many Chinese children had them today.  Which has absolutely nothing to do with anything except to try and guilt Kameron for being a rich snob. 

Sometimes it seems Kameron's husband looks at her like she is some alien creature, or has two heads or something...it's pretty funny watching him look at her with "that" look on his face. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Kam is fascinating to me because I do agree that she plays up the part of the ditzy blonde but I also think she's not as smart as she (secretly) thinks she is - she's like a ditz who thinks she's smarter than she actually is and then plays the part of an even bigger ditz to mask the so-called intelligence that she overestimates...

Which only makes her even more entertaining. Win-win!

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I didn’t have my typhoon shot lol what’s cathartic mean? Lol Oh Kam you can’t be that dumb  

I actually thought that Kameron said "thai food" shot!!  🙂 

1 hour ago, CSunshine76 said:

Not impressed with Tiffany. She came across very pretentious with the closet tour, wine room, etc.

And don’t bully people to eat food. They are grown ups, they will try it if they want to.  I hate that shit!

1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

That was a little obnoxious.. they didn’t want to eat it move the fuck on lady 

I don't care what ANYONE says - there is no effin' way I would be putting chicken feet in my mouth, either!  

• Love 10
20 hours ago, Shannah Banana said:

I don't eat a lot of foods either, and chicken feet is one of them, regardless of how many Chinese children had them today.  Which has absolutely nothing to do with anything except to try and guilt Kameron for being a rich snob. 

Sometimes it seems Kameron's husband looks at her like she is some alien creature, or has two heads or something...it's pretty funny watching him look at her with "that" look on his face. 

I couldn't eat it either, I am not at all adventurous with my food, so I guess you could say I eat like a 5 year old.  My kids eat more stuff than I do.  I've gotten better about trying things, but I couldn't eat any kind of feet. I could live on cereal and poptarts if need be.

Nice to not have to see Kam and Brandi going at it all the time. Although looks like it'll be Kary swiping at D'Andra. I think I prefer Kary over D'Andra though, D'Andra is just too much like her mother (not a fan).

Court's reactions to Kam are amusing. You think he'd be used to her antics by now.

Kam throwing shade at Tiffany on WWHL. I can't believe that I like her.

It's very nice without LeeAnne. 

Edited by KLJ
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I cannot relate to what she said about this country being in a racist time and Asian people and black people needing to stand up

I agree with Tiffany.  No form of racism should be tolerated.  EVER!!!  And that is all I'm saying on the subject. 

Edited by swankie
Clarifying my point.
  • Love 16
8 minutes ago, swankie said:

I agree with Tiffany.  Racism should never be tolerated.  EVER!!!

Ok, but Tiffany is talking about institutionalized racism, not random acts of racism, which occur everywhere in this world and across time.  If a patient actually looked at her and said within her ear shot that he wanted a doctor who didn’t have COVID, and she wasn’t taking it out of context (which I don’t believe; she hasn’t exhibited herself to be a reliable narrator—she came here when she was two, but didn’t know a word of English until she was six?  Get your facts straight) then she would be well within her rights to say “that guy’s a [bleep]” and move on.  

But to use words to the effect that we are living in a particularly racist time and that certain races need to stand up, she needs to point to the empirical evidence of institutional racism in 2020 US.  The problem with this assertion is that it doesn’t exist, so people like Tiffany who are more interested in being professional victims rather than looking at the hard data have nowhere logical to go, so they use rhetoric instead.  

If Tiffany can point to the institutional injustice that is currently being visited upon her, I would be happy to join her shoulder-to-shoulder and demonstrate against it.  I won’t hold my breath.  The empirical evidence shows that Asian and black Americans have been breathtakingly successful, and have overcome tremendous obstacles.  Just one example is the way that black people’s literacy within two generations of slavery was higher than the literacy rate in Albania. That is a remarkable achievement.  Asian-American achievement is too staggering to get into more than I already posted up thread.  I am very suspicious of people like Tiffany who want to downplay the facts in favor of some intellectual notions that have no relationship with reality when they are actually tested.  

• Love 17
22 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Ok, but Tiffany is talking about institutionalized racism, not random acts of racism, which occur everywhere in this world and across time.  If a patient actually looked at her and said within her ear shot that he wanted a doctor who didn’t have COVID, and she wasn’t taking it out of context (which I don’t believe; she hasn’t exhibited herself to be a reliable narrator—she came here when she was two, but didn’t know a word of English until she was six?  Get your facts straight) then she would be well within her rights to say “that guy’s a [bleep]” and move on.  But to use words to the effect that we are living in a particularly racist time and that Tiffany who want to downplay the facts in favor of some intellectual notions that have no relationship with reality when they are actually tested.  

She said her parents came here when she was two and left her behind and brought her over when she was six and she first learned English then. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Shannah Banana said:

I hope for his sake that he's looking like that at her when she's playing up the little-girl/baby-talk side of her personality because he knows she's faking it.  If he has to live with that full time I feel sorry for him.  That being said - I'm totally on board with Kam's food rules!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

LS, slight correction to your narrative. I just heard Tiffany say that her parents immigrated when she was 3, leaving her with her grandparents. She came to the US at 6 without knowing "a lick of English."

50 minutes ago, GussieK said:

She said her parents came here when she was two and left her behind and brought her over when she was six and she first learned English then. 

I stand corrected, and thank you for pointing this out.  I also wrote that she was 31, and she is apparently 36, so that’s what I get for not paying full attention and letting the voice distract me from the words.

I am still doubtful as to Tiffany’s story.  I do not believe that she did not know “a lick of English” when she entered first grade.  She mentions that her parents were helicopter parents, and by her own account, they had been in the US for approximately four years prior to her arrival.  Based on the limited evidence available, I think it is more likely than not that they sent her to school knowing at least “a lick” of English, even if it was less than conversational or fluent.  I think she is exaggerating and my opinion stands that she is an unreliable narrator, whilst acknowledging that I misstated a fact.  

It is also impossible for me to find her hometown online.  All news outlets are reporting that she is from “a small town outside Beijing.”  She came here in the early nineties.  That was at a time that Deng Xiaoping had his Open Door policy, and English was being taught and encouraged in China.  It is my theory and my opinion that Tiffany is purposely trying to create a narrative that she didn’t know “a lick” of English upon entering the first grade, and part of her narrative is to be vague about her hometown, so that no one can fact-check the likelihood that English was taught in the schools or elsewhere.  Considering this is an opinion, I am open to the possibility that I am wrong, and if facts arise to the contrary, I will concede that I was wrong.  

I don’t have an agenda other than the truth, so it’s easy for me to admit when something I said or did was wrong.  But people like Tiffany who seem steeped in an ideological narrative that certain groups are victims stand to lose their reputations and sometimes their careers when they are wrong, so they will defend the prevailing orthodoxy even in light of contrary facts.  I don’t respect those people.  

• Love 16

The Shaman and the nose thing.... made me think he does all sorts of wacky things juuuuuuust to see how far he can go before someone calls him out! Like he’s made a bet with someone to see what he can actually get away with!

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • LOL 17
  • Love 4

I thought I would like Tiffany but I don’t. Her voice is annoying and I hate show offs.

Kary is really annoying too. I’ve never liked her on the show. I don’t care about her daughter either.

Jeremy seemed to be laying it on too thick when talking to D’andra by the pool. It was lame lol. Something looks really different about him too but I’m not sure what.

• Love 18
3 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

Once again, I need to say how much better the show is without LeeAnne. If she were at the brunch, she would have told a story about how she related to the abuse of chickens, or how she had to kill chickens or she knew people without feet on the carnie circuit, or whatever tangential trauma she could dredge up to make it all about her. 

Lol all of this .. I am soo freaking glad she is gone so we don’t have to hear this.. 

• Love 13
(edited)
1 hour ago, DeeplyShallow said:

I live in an area that is at least 30% Asian.  There are children in my kids’school that were born here and literally learn English in school. They do not know a “lick of English”. My daughter was very good friends with a girl who only spoke Japanese until mid year.

There are children who grow up in Spanish speaking homes and neighborhoods that do not speak English. ESL programs in schools are not only for those who immigrated from other countries. I say this with direct knowledge and experience.

i am a daughter of Russian immigrants. Guess what? I was born here and did not speak English until I went to Kindergarten.

Just because you don’t believe it, doesn’t mean that it doesn’t happen.

Just because Asians are “highly successful”, the “model minority” label is not complementary and is a form of racism, adding to distrust and fueling negative feelings and reactions from other minority races. Additionally, the hate directed to Asians after COVID started to impact us here in the US was intense. People were spit at, beaten up, lost business- this is a real thing.  Making fun of someone’s eyes, BRANDI, is a form of racism. It diminishes a group of people, sends a clear message that they are “less than”, insulting, and paints people as a caricature.

just because Asians are statistically successful in education and business does not mean that they don’t experience the pain, humiliation, and danger that racism brings.

Yea racism is racism.... saying everyone has something screamed derogatory at them at some point doesn't make it ok  ... and takes away from the fact that they are a marginalized group... Thinking all people of Asian backgrounds carry a virus and its ok that someone screams get away from you because of that is a little messed up .... To do a I wouldn't say the same equivalency argument but...... that's like saying me walking down the street and someone screaming F@g at me is ok cause ya know it happens .... dismissing behavior like that in any form towards any marginalized group like its nothing is NOT ok and normalizes that behavior and makes it seem like they can continue to do it, its ok for others to do the same, and that can escalate to something more .....

What Brandi did is 100% not ok .. I think the fact she is taking it so hard will attest to that... Social Media can be super cruel and we all tend to have an attack first mindset so yes I can see why she would be suicidal with the things people were saying to her ... you should die you should kill yourself you are a shit human your kids are shit you should disappear NO ONE LIKES YOU  etc etc even the strongest person will crack from that ( well maybe not Leann she just remains unbothered and lives in her bubble of I did nothing wrong) She isn't trying to shift the blame to anyone else she is taking it head on saying what I did was wrong how can I fix it She knows she hurt an entire population of people and seems to have taken what she said in as wrong and trying to correct it as best has she knows how .... (again unlike Leann who just dismissed it said well other people say it and don't have a problem) Should we just forget she said it NO is it reprehensible what she did? ABSOLUTELY .... but give the girl a chance to make amends without throwing her away all together

I get that America and the world in general needs to have these conversations and its tough... It seems now that we have all been forced into a quarantine bubble it just seems to be a never ending onslaught of it we have nothing to really distract  ourselves from it and we haven't had to face that before in such a consistent manner... I think that's the last I am gonna talk about this topic for now I don't wanna run into beating a dead horse category with this .. We all have differing opinions and this is just mine  ...

D"andra and Kary fighting and snipping at each other is gonna wear thin really quick ... I mean it just started this episode and I am already tired of it ....

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, Marley said:

Jeremy seemed to be laying it on too thick when talking to D’andra by the pool. It was lame lol. Something looks really different about him too but I’m not sure what.

I used to think he was attractive but now he just looks like Al Gore to me and I can no longer get that out of my mind lol. I never noticed the resemblance up until this season. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, Marley said:

I thought I would like Tiffany but I don’t. Her voice is annoying and I hate show offs.

Kary is really annoying too. I’ve never liked her on the show. I don’t care about her daughter either.

I really don't want a doctor that has that Kardashian vocal fry.  

Is Kary divorcing the husband we met last season?  Did we all see her jewelry on display on the kitchen counter, the camera gave it short shrift but we could see the display all set up.

I had no idea that was the same Jeremy from last season, I thought they did a switch a roo like they did with the Darrins on Bewitched.

Kam is a twit and I am pretty sure her husband knows it.  She does not like a for sale sign in front of a house she wants to sell?  Dimsim? Really?  She could not hear the difference between sim and sum? She is dim.  

I have had a chicken foot, years ago I was in NYC Chinatown and went for dim sum, amongst the yummy food we had I ate the foot and then found out what it was, it was more ankle than foot, (no talons), not much meat on the bone, no big whoop.

No Brandi this episode and that is okay with me.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9

Tiffany is going to annoy me if she doesn't tone it down.  No one likes a show off.  She is obviously very intelligent and successful, so just let it shine girl.  Out of curiosity, did they mention what her husband does?  They seem extremely well off.  Her twins are adorable.

• Love 12
28 minutes ago, DanielleBowden said:

Tiffany is going to annoy me if she doesn't tone it down.  No one likes a show off.  She is obviously very intelligent and successful, so just let it shine girl.  Out of curiosity, did they mention what her husband does?  They seem extremely well off.  Her twins are adorable.

Well, we do know that he/they own a wine brand or created their own label or something to show off in that over the top wine cellar - which was gorgeous, by the way!

Whatever he does, obviously, his degrees or field of study isn't quite as important as hers - she couldn't even hang his diploma up in their joint office.

Something tells me that whatever he does do, it would have to meet Tiffany's approval/high standards - she seems not only like a "Tiger Mom", but a "Tiger Wife", too.  

I'm not crazy about Tiffany - as mentioned, the vocal fry is extremely annoying, and the show-off pretentiousness is getting to me.  No sense of humility or being humble there.  I felt like I was watching the Dallas version of the "Crazy, Rich Asians" movie!!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13

I agree with everyone here that Tiffany is a bit of a show off and it is not making her very likable, but I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the house porn. Her house was amazing, and I loved the wine cellar and her closet. It was a bit much to have the fingerprint lock, however I would totally do the same if I had that closet (to keep my 5 yr old as well as my nosy MIL out of there). 😀

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

I didn't mind Tiffany's house tour, because I like that sort of thing and am genuinely curious about their houses.  The shots in teh wine cellar had me slightly worried though, because one of the columns looked like it had foundation damage.  I don't remember her voice being as whiny in the last episode though... 

Stephanie was absolutely correct when she said Oklahomans don't eat chicken feet.  We don't!

Kary always gets on my nerves, but she's so repetitive that it makes it worse!  Don't make me side with D'Andra!

Maybe it's just me, but I see D'Andra morphing into LeeAnne - the hair, the lips, the cheekbones, the nails, the personality...  😬

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Is Kary divorcing the husband we met last season?  Did we all see her jewelry on display on the kitchen counter, the camera gave it short shrift but we could see the display all set up.

They showed him when she and the daughter came in the house, and they kissed, so it looks like he's still stuck with her - for now, at least 😄 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6

Kary is not a nice person.  I would hate to be around her.  She seems to have moved right from LeeAnn to D'Andra.  Although it looks like Kary and Tiffany don't get along either.

I laughed at the look on Court's face when he was watching Kam dressing the dog.  It was the oddest look of disbelief.  

I remember having chicken feet at dim sum years ago.  My husband wouldn't eat it.  So I ate one just to prove I could do it.  I wasn't crazy about it.  But it wasn't that bad.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

I enjoyed seeing Tiffany's home. It looks like a french castle. I would be happy to stay in the wine cellar for  weekend of tastings.

I am puzzled by the lock on her closet door. I she worried that someone would steal her purses ?

I love Dim Sum but never had the chicken feet.

• Love 4

Before watching the episode, I thought Kam was being a baby about the chicken feet - but then watching Tiffany explaining spitting the bones back out uhhhhhhh nope.  I don't know that I could have done it either!  I just assumed the bones would be thin enough that you would eat the whole thing.  And try not to think about it too much.

• Love 6