Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 12/14/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, Dec. 14 – Day of Hot Topics; “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, Dec. 15 – Day of Hot Topics

Wednesday, Dec. 16 — Greg Kinnear (“The Stand”)

Thursday, Dec. 17 — The Political View with Georgia Democratic Senate candidate Rev. Raphael Warnock

Friday, Dec. 18 — Viola Davis (“Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom”); Grammy® Award-Winner Darlene Love and the sixth annual performance of “Christmas, Baby Please Come Home”

• Love 3

When they list "Day of Hot Topics" on their schedule we all know what that means by now:

Whoopi will ask three questions during the hour episode, with ten minute commercial blocks in between: "What do  y'all think about wearing masks during the pandemic ?" , "So should everyone get the vaccine ?" and "Do y'all think you-know-who will leave the White House on January 20th?"

Whoopi and the gals will overtalk each other, then all pause for an uncomfortable five seconds or so for the 'others' to talk, then all talk over each other again. Whoopi will look stoned, Joy will look ambivalent, Sarah will look surprised, and Sunny will look despaired throughout the hour episode.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Well, I'll be the dissenter here and say I really enjoyed today's show.

When Whoopi goes off the teleprompter, I enjoy what she has to say when she speaks from the gut, like she did with her disgust over that WSJ op-ed. Just like Anna did. And Sunny.

I love Dr. Jha. Just love him. How about getting my other new heroes, Dr. Fauci and Dr. Vin Gupta to allay peoples' fears and concerns?

Is it wrong for me to feel proud?

And DAMMIT! Now I'm gonnahaftatogotviewmydeal for the first time EVER!

• Love 12

Dear Greta Monahan of 'View Your Deal':

As a male, I need to ask the question concerning your VYD gift offerings today...

Exactly how many women really want a 'curated gift set' of hair colors and dyes which will cover up their gray roots, to open on Christmas morning ? Or facial creams to cover up their wrinkles and dark bags under their eyes  (caused by their worry over the pandemic) ? 

Nothing like telling your wife, girlfriend, mother, sister or daughter: 'You've really looked like Hell the past nine months during the pandemic, so here's something for you to fix yourself up with before we go to church this morning. Pray for a miracle this really works like Greta Monahan said it will on 'The View'. '  

That should go over REALLY well on Christmas morning, because what woman wouldn't want to be insulted and humiliated like that ? It's enough to make the poor gal lock herself in the attic and cry her eyes out until New Year's Day.

• LOL 14
  • Love 1

I agree with Whoopi - Barr stepping down made me wonder what’s to come in the form of his replacement? Did Barr possibly see something that even he couldn’t abide by despite being a staunch loyalist to his boss up until now? Granted his replacement won’t be there for long anyway, but still. We shall see. 

• Love 7
Just now, GoldenGirl90 said:

I agree with Whoopi - Barr stepping down made me wonder what’s to come in the form of his replacement? Did Barr possibly see something that even he couldn’t abide by despite being a staunch loyalist to his boss up until now? Granted his replacement won’t be there for long anyway, but still. We shall see. 

Not based on his resignation letter.

• Love 3

Edward R Murrow, Joy?  I don’t think that’s who you meant.

Eh, I’d take the Barr resig letter with a very large grain (boulder) of salt. He’s thinking of his political future and is still afraid of trump.

Joy is right though that scientists have been studying covid for years and had a head start in finding a vaccine. It’s not as quickly (and questionably) solved as you think. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 10

Just watched the show, and @Haleth, in response to your quote above:

Eh, I’d take the Barr resig letter with a very large grain (boulder) of salt. He’s thinking of his political future and is still afraid of trump

It was a luuuuuuuurve letter! The show pulled it up and highlighted what Barr wrote. Dan even mocked it, which made me laugh, the eye rolls of Dan's and up and down sing-songy tone!

Yeah, I don't think Joy meant Edward R. Murrow, and I'm shocked, that when they returned from commercial, she didn't say "I have a correction to make" because, Edward R. Murrow was a JOURNALIST, not a former Attorney General.

So now Sunny is on board with getting vaccinated.

Like I said before, and with the caveat, I DO understand where the suspicion/skepticism comes from, but it's not as if this vaccine is the FIRST vaccine since the Tuskagee Experiment. There have been multiple vaccines since then.

And I can't expound on why this vaccine isn't a "quicky" because they haven't had Fauci on since I started watching, or in the past two weeks, and can't say what he said on another show. Dan touched on it, but not enough.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

And... once again The View is interrupted by Governor Nuisance... Sigh.... 

Right after Whoopi used the term, “rendered his resignation”.  Rendered?!  I’d like to see that. 

If I was one of Whoopi's cohosts I would have had to correct her.  It's tendered Whoopi.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Like I said before, and with the caveat, I DO understand where the suspicion/skepticism comes from, but it's not as if this vaccine is the FIRST vaccine since the Tuskagee Experiment. There have been multiple vaccines since then.

It is more than that, it is not just the Tuskegee experiment.  Black people have not had great experiences with heathcare in general. In the 21st century, Black women are more likely to die in childbirth than other women in this country due to racism and neglect. Beyonce and Serena almost died having their babies. Black children are more likely to die or be harmed if they don't have a Black doctor. Doctors used to perform surgeries on Black women to perfect them before it was done on White women. The list goes on and on and on.  

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Mldyold said:

Dan Abrams facial expressions looks like he is waiting for the urologist to give him an examination.  His tense expression is an understatement.

Well, the poor guy did battle testicular cancer in 2003 and had a tumor removed. I would be tense waiting for the urologist, too. 😉

• Love 3
1 hour ago, OnTime said:

Hmmm, because her husband is???

From what I could see, that appears to be the case, and not because Nurse Lindsay recommended it. Which made me think, did she not discuss this with her husband before? She was still married to him when she stated she was skeptical.

But Ruben and Clay! Both gave me the goosebumps!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

But Ruben and Clay! Both gave me the goosebumps!

I know!  Beautifully done, and the students coming in halfway through made me all misty-eyed. 

I think this is at least the fourth Christmas in a row we've had a Clay/Ruben duet on The View.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

I know!  Beautifully done, and the students coming in halfway through made me all misty-eyed

I think this is at least the fourth Christmas in a row we've had a Clay/Ruben duet on The View.

You weren't the only one!!!

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Beautifully done, and the students coming in halfway through made me all misty-eyed. 

That teacher was just so amazing, and the way her students spoke about her...wow. When the younger boy spoke and cried I was kind of surprised, but it just illustrates what a difference a teacher can make in a young person's life.

I loved when she said: crying on national TV is not what I had planned for today, and Sara and Sunny both alleviated that by saying they were crying too, Beautiful segment.

im not crying youre crying GIF

• Love 8
16 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Well, the poor guy did battle testicular cancer in 2003 and had a tumor removed. I would be tense waiting for the urologist, too. 😉

Did not know that but I bet it was the same face.  I enjoyed the big smile he had at the end, wonder if that was one of relief that it was over.

The recognition of the teacher and the musical tribute was a beautiful way to end the show.  I realize I enjoy that type of entertainment more than the old way of a live performance of a singer and musician accompaniment.  There is a lot of creative work being done this way on youtube.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

And it gets worse every year. I thought we'd be spared this year since MeAgain - Clay's bestie - is not there. But alas, we had this horrible duo. If I were the teacher they were honoring, I would've said on camera - "Wait! Wait! Wait! I can't get Darlene Love ? I have to settle for these two ?"

• LOL 1

Senator Perdue is doing what politicians do when they don't have anything to offer their constituents. They misrepresent (lie) about what their opponent has to offer.

I like forward to the day we can watch an episode of the View that doesn't have any political hot topics.

• Love 8

Oh please, Sara.

Tom Cruise may be problematic for a host of other reasons, but he’s rightfully enraged in that audio clip. I agree with Joy - Tom Cruise’s reaction is justified. Too many people are not taking COVID seriously and it’s infuriating. 

And LOL @ Ana. I also can’t believe there’s a Mission Impossible 7 haha. 

• Love 17
8 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Oh please, Sara.

Tom Cruise may be problematic for a host of other reasons, but he’s rightfully enraged in that audio clip. I agree with Joy - Tom Cruise’s reaction is justified. Too many people are not taking COVID seriously and it’s infuriating. 

And LOL @ Ana. I also can’t believe there’s a Mission Impossible 7 haha. 

Tom Cruise can (justifiably) yell and swear all he wants. Being nice hasn't worked.

• Love 13

I swear, some days Sara is a walking, talking inspirational t-shirt or coffee mug with the wishy washy stuff that  she says.  A You Got this! coffee mug come to life.  I'm either rolling my eyes at her thinking "Thank you, Captain Obvious" after she speaks, or rolling my eyes at her thinking this:

15 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Oh please, Sara.

She mentions therapy a lot so I get it.  I have a couple of people close to me who have recently started therapy and the navel gazing is real.  Which is great for them but awkward for everyone else to listen to.

17 minutes ago, Axie said:

Whoopie doesn't seem stoned today so there's that...

Hee, I thought the same.  She probably wants to be focused and alert for the compliments and praise that Greg Kinnear will likely give her.  If only she could stop with the "Mmm mm,"  "Mmm mm,"  while the other squares are talking.

• Love 7

I'm so glad Joy called Sara out about the Tom Cruise comments.

He is livid during a global pandemic where 300,000 people have died and people on his movie set are not following COVID protocols.  Sara expects him to ask nicely and give an apple pie!

Sara if this isn't a reason to get lathered up, what is??

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 11
On 12/14/2020 at 11:34 AM, LetsStartTalking said:

Whoopi will ask three questions during the hour episode, with ten minute commercial blocks in between: "What do  y'all think about wearing masks during the pandemic ?" , "So should everyone get the vaccine ?" and "Do y'all think you-know-who will leave the White House on January 20th?"

December 16th Hot Topics:

Mask question / discussion  ?  Check.

Virus question / discussion ? Check.

You-know-who will leave the White House question / discussion? Checkmate.

• Love 2

Loved joys...I don’t know what he’s thinking because I’m not a criminal profiler.  Way to call it Joy!  Say it like it is...there are no kudos due here for McConnell.  Mcconnell is smoke and mirrors like Whoopie said.  

• Love 13
On 12/15/2020 at 1:39 PM, Pearson80 said:

It is more than that, it is not just the Tuskegee experiment.  Black people have not had great experiences with heathcare in general. In the 21st century, Black women are more likely to die in childbirth than other women in this country due to racism and neglect. Beyonce and Serena almost died having their babies. Black children are more likely to die or be harmed if they don't have a Black doctor. Doctors used to perform surgeries on Black women to perfect them before it was done on White women. The list goes on and on and on.  

And having had a previous PE, Serena knew what was wrong, but was dismissed. 

3 hours ago, Haleth said:

I think Tom was way over the top. He’s had anger issues before. You can make your point without a BSC hysterical, blow a gasket screaming session. 

Agreed. I would have a grain of empathy if I thought Tom Cruise cared about anyone but himself. First off, he claims to be self-healing from $cientology, so he knows he’s safe. Secondly, he is the figure head of a human-rights violating cult, so he’s only worried about the bottom line, not human lives. 

I listened to the recording, and he’s as self-aggrandizing and megalomaniac as usual. According to him, his movie is the only reason Hollywood is even open right now. He has to be on the phone every night with all of the studio heads, etc. 

And from what I read, the incident was two guys standing a little too close while viewing a monitor.  

• Love 7