Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 12/14/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

So they gave Ana a question to ask of Greg Kinnear: you were a teenager living in Greece, what was that like. He starts to answer and Whoopi tells him to make it quick, so he just redirects and says something general. If they don't have enough time for the guest to answer the question, then just skip it. And why is it when they have actual good guests on they only get one segment, but unheard of politicians get three?

Whoopi did not appear to be stoned today, you guys are right. But she was on her lecturing high horse again.

• Love 8

So far this week at the close of the show, Whoopi has suggested you 1) hug a friend, 2) kiss a friend, and 3) wash your hands so you can shake someone's hand.   WTF.  We are supposed to be stressing social distancing and not hugging, kissing and shaking hands during these dangerous times.  She drives me crazy with these stupid comments.  She'd be the first one screaming if you know who in the White House said the same things.  For the life of me I can't understand why the producers can't talk to her about making comments such as these.  She needs to stick to the script.  The show is so sloppily produced, it continues to boggle my mind how it continues to be number one in the ratings. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
8 minutes ago, Badbea99 said:

So far this week at the close of the show, Whoopi has suggested you 1) hug a friend, 2) kiss a friend, and 3) wash your hands so you can shake someone's hand.   WTF.  We are supposed to be stressing social distancing and not hugging, kissing and shaking hands during these dangerous times.  She drives me crazy with these stupid comments.

This really irks me too. Cause I have actual friends who hug when they see each other. I haven't hugged anyone since March, except for my husband.  We are currently in lockdown so not an issue right now, cannot see anyone. But over the summer, people were hugging and hissing and shaking hands and I was just flabbergasted. When Whoopi says these things, she is encouraging people to not distance. Wearing a mask is not enough, all of the social distancing has to happen.

They must get comments about this on their social media.

• Love 12
11 hours ago, Haleth said:

I think Tom was way over the top. He’s had anger issues before. You can make your point without a BSC hysterical, blow a gasket screaming session. 

I’ve never really liked him and I think he does think a lot of himself.  I can understand the anger but it was over the top.  I read that it wasn’t even masks...he apparently saw two people standing too close together looking at the computer screen during filming.  Seems like a slight overreaction.  Also read that some crew are leaving as there was a second outburst.  I guess I don’t give him a lot of benefit of the doubt because he’s been fairly volatile and controlling about things in the past.  If it was Tom hanks doing this, I’d probably figure it was more warranted.  

• Love 5

I have mixed feelings about the Tom Cruise topic. Generally speaking, I don't like hearing aggression like that. One of my biggest turnoffs is a bad temper, and I value politeness. But a lot of the time when you politely ask someone something, they do not listen. I experienced this recently with someone. I kindly asked her twice to pull up her mask. She didn't listen. I didn't yell out her, but I will not get anywhere near this individual again. Many people say adults should not be told what to do, that a lot of the precautions should not be mandatory. But I'm sorry, a lot of adults are irresponsible. Sometimes it takes a guy yelling at someone for them to finally take something seriously. That's not to say what Tom did was necessarily right. He may very well have totally overreacted, but sometimes you go crazy after being pushed.

I also liked what Joy said if you lost someone to covid, you'd be in a rage. My friend literally recently got very sick with Covid. She's young but thought she wasn't going to make it. She thinks she caught it from one of the people at her work who refuses to wear masks. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 13
17 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

Loved joys...I don’t know what he’s thinking because I’m not a criminal profiler.  Way to call it Joy!  Say it like it is...there are no kudos due here for McConnell.  Mcconnell is smoke and mirrors like Whoopie said.  

I'm totally stealing that line from Joy!  I love the way she can say something serious but make me laugh at the same time.

• Love 13

The show is always better when Ana is on. Sunny just needs to read the "legal notes" period.  She can give her opinion after, not during.

I didn't even notice Sara wasn't there until after the first segment!

Edited by OnTime
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, tribeca said:

No show here today.  It snowed a lot last night into this morning and apparently we need to talk about it all day.  

At least it snowed.  I recall in the winter of ~2003 that the "storm of the century" would be arriving.  It never did, but it consumed all channels for over 48 hrs.

2 minutes ago, deirdra said:

At least it snowed.  I recall in the winter of ~2003 that the "storm of the century" would be arriving.  It never did, but it consumed all channels for over 48 hrs.

That happens all the time here in the Pacific NW.  generally when the news says we are getting a major storm, very little happens.  The really big snowstorms we have had over the years have almost always not been predicted and are a big, unplanned surprise. I loved Ana comments in the Rs today to stop the hypocrisy. And joys attempts at Spanish?! She did get some of it right.   And she’s correct about the next 4 years of hypocrisy.  

• Love 7

The show was awesome today. I loved Reverend Warnock and I hope Georgia smiles upon him..

Has anybody noticed how upbeat Joy is?  Her smile is so bright and I always get a kick when the teacher in her comes out to give grammar lessons. 

Ana is just glowing, her skin is to die for..

We all knew the hypocrisy was going to rear it's ugly head, it is not surprising at all since this is how they always roll.. We used to see it all the time with Nutmeg before her maternity leave.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 12
24 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

I just wish she'd do it with Whoopi and Meghan, full-time grammar offenders.

Joy would never do it because Whoopie is very sensitive about being a high school dropout.  

Nutmeg will say Joy is being an elitist liberal who is picking on her because she is a conservative.  She has to always play the victim to deflect from her idiocy.

Edited by Pearson80
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, DB in CMH said:

That first segment was off the rails. Whoopi devolved into some classic word salad, and Joy was showing her age with her incessant tries at speaking Spanish, which I don't think either Ana or Sunny found funny. Uf.

We all see things differently because Ana and Sunny knew that she meant no harm and laughed along with her.  She did say some words correctly but had problems remembering how to put her thoughts into Spanish.. It makes sense since Spanish is not her native language.  Joy reminded me of my grandmother trying to speak English..

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

We all knew the hypocrisy was going to rear it's ugly head, it is not surprising at all since this is how they always roll.. We used to see it all the time with Nutmeg before her maternity leave.

I wonder if she had been on the View the past six weeks what she would have had to say.  

11 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

We all see things differently because Ana and Sunny knew that she meant no harm and laughed along with her.

I don't understand Spanish so I wasn't laughing because I didn't know what she was saying.  But Joy seemed to be enjoying herself and I'm glad to see the sparkle back in her eyes.  We have had a rough four years (not to mention an absolute horrid past 9 months) so I think Joy is finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

I feel Joy's pain about Steve accidentally ordering a case of carrots. When my husband was alive I didn't let him order anything online out of fear I would end up with case of shampoo.  But my question is why is Sunny ordering eggs. Doesn't  her chickens lay eggs?

• Love 5

Team Tom Cruise here--but only on this subject as I stopped being a fan many, many moons ago.

And he wasn't just yelling at one person. If Sara had listened to the audio (which was only a snippet of a 3 minute leak), there were four people who apparently weren't following the protocols.

We don't live in a Disney Pollyanna world where soft, sweet words will get through when people are blatantly breaking protocols. I didn't think what he did was abusive. But that's just me.

Yesterday's first segment had me laughing with Anna's Spanish, and then Sunny saying she agreed with Anna and the Spanish, and then Joy's attempts to say what she wanted in Spanish! Both Sunny and Anna found it amusing.

Like Anna said, they had no issues with the vulgarity, multiple curse words that Trump called them and others, but OMGEEE, this was the straw? Hypocrisy, Indeed.

I'm looking forward to Darlene Love today, though I have to admit, she'll always be Trish Murtaugh from the Lethal Weapon movies to me!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 8

Seeing and hearing Trish Murtaugh Darlene Love is always such a pleasure! Never fails to give me goosebumps!

Sara's headpiece was hideous, just as her shirt was.

I loved Joy, Anna, Sunny's Christmas head pieces!

Oh! Flashback to 2004 and a Bawawa sighting!!!

And I loved the closing credits!

I don't know if I'll continue to watch after January 4th. For Obvious reasons.

But Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Festivus, etc., etc. y'all!!!!

• Love 11
30 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yep.  I mean I do get that a bunch of people sitting around making the exact same points and agreeing with each other wouldn't exactly be riveting TV but c'mon!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

The show was awesome today. I loved Reverend Warnock and I hope Georgia smiles upon him..

Has anybody noticed how upbeat Joy is?  Her smile is so bright and I always get a kick when the teacher in her comes out to give grammar lessons. 

Ana is just glowing, her skin is to die for..

What was the hypocrisy?  This is my, on in the background while working, week.

3 hours ago, Axie said:

Lettuce take a moment to appreciate this.

Hahaha gmta! Looks like she is poking her head up from the spinach patch from Charlie Brown 

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Seeing and hearing Trish Murtaugh Darlene Love is always such a pleasure! Never fails to give me goosebumps!

Sara's headpiece was hideous, just as her shirt was.

I loved Joy, Anna, Sunny's Christmas head pieces!

Oh! Flashback to 2004 and a Bawawa sighting!!!

And I loved the closing credits!

But Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Festivus, etc., etc. y'all!!!!

Oh no.  Is Jan 4th D-day?  Say it aint so

1 hour ago, WinnieWinkle said:

Yep.  I mean I do get that a bunch of people sitting around making the exact same points and agreeing with each other wouldn't exactly be riveting TV but c'mon!

We need balance between something like The Talk and a certain blonde's incessant rudeness. 

• Love 3

I remember when Rosie and Cher duet on 'Baby Please Come Home' on Rosie's classic (LOL) Christmas CD back in 1998? 99?

Next year, skip Love and have Rosie come on stage and sing the song. We will have fun watching Whoopi crap her pants. Oh please...

No one picked Sunny's memoir for their favorite Christmas gift to give this year, so Sunny had to pimp it  herself. And she did it by bragging that B&N placed her memoir in the 'Top 20 Autobiographies' of this year - but she recommended viewers ditch them and order their books from another bookstore - a small business bookstore in Manhattan (which didn't place her memoir in the top 20 ?).  B&N must be truly happy about that.  I think she was dipping in the eggnog before this show was recorded this past week.

Well, I look forward to January 4 and (hopefully) the return of  MeAgain.  I thought they'd at least do a 'Zoom' call with her on this last day before Christmas break, but alas - they wanted to keep the show merry.

Wishing y'all a very Merry and Safe Holiday Season / Two Week Break !

I've had the extreme pleasure of seeing Darlene Love's Christmas Show in person several times, and she is just amazing.  I always look forward to her Christmas appearances on The View, as well.  And, her rendition of "Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home)" always makes me teary.  But, today, I was actually sobbing watching it.  I think all of this Covid stuff is really hitting me hard, and just hearing this song today, knowing that so many people in our country and in the world will NOT be able to have loved ones with them this year just really got to me.  My heart is breaking for all of those who will be missing loved ones they lost to this horrible virus.  It's just a reminder to enjoy all you can when you can - you never know when it will be taken away, for any reason.  I know that's not the true meaning of the song, but that is where my head is these days.

I missed the first 3/4 of the show, but I was glad I got to see the end.  Darlene Love never disappoints, and the ladies all seemed to be having a great time being virutual "back up"....especially Sara - she was great!  

Wishing everyone here a very Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah (well, that's a little late....), Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Festivus, Happy Winter Solstice or whatever your winter celebration may be.  And, may we all have a much Happier and Healthier New Year and better days in 2021 than 2020 brought us.  

Stay well and enjoy the best you can!! ❤️ 

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I was glad I got to see the end.  Darlene Love never disappoints, and the ladies all seemed to be having a great time being virutual "back up"....especially Sara - she was great!  

|I have to admit, they did a good job pretending to sing along. All of them. And I kept thinking, if MeAgain was there what would she do? Roll her eyes? Pretend to care?

• Love 3
8 hours ago, bannana said:

|I have to admit, they did a good job pretending to sing along. 

Unpopular opinion:  I thought the hosts lip syncing along was stupid. I couldn't watch, I went to YouTube and watched an old clip from David Letterman's show.  The clip reminded me it was all about the troops coming home from overseas when Darlene, David and Paul Schaeffer started doing it annually.  Now the troops are never mentioned.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 12/18/2020 at 7:42 PM, njbchlover said:

I've had the extreme pleasure of seeing Darlene Love's Christmas Show in person several times, and she is just amazing.  I always look forward to her Christmas appearances on The View, as well.  And, her rendition of "Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home)" always makes me teary.  But, today, I was actually sobbing watching it.  I think all of this Covid stuff is really hitting me hard, and just hearing this song today, knowing that so many people in our country and in the world will NOT be able to have loved ones with them this year just really got to me.  My heart is breaking for all of those who will be missing loved ones they lost to this horrible virus.  It's just a reminder to enjoy all you can when you can - you never know when it will be taken away, for any reason.  I know that's not the true meaning of the song, but that is where my head is these days.

I missed the first 3/4 of the show, but I was glad I got to see the end.  Darlene Love never disappoints, and the ladies all seemed to be having a great time being virutual "back up"....especially Sara - she was great!  

Wishing everyone here a very Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah (well, that's a little late....), Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Festivus, Happy Winter Solstice or whatever your winter celebration may be.  And, may we all have a much Happier and Healthier New Year and better days in 2021 than 2020 brought us.  

Stay well and enjoy the best you can!! ❤️ 

Hang in there @njbchlover i know it really sux, but theres ups and downs, you know.  You're in a down right now.  But much like the stock market, you will rebound 😎 maybe the dumbest little thing will make you smile, and that's the beginning.  Until the next lull. Lol I'm kidding.  Things are happening.  Pretty fast.  Just take it a day, or hour at a time.  Don't try to foresee the future.  That will just look grey probably. Ok now I'm getting down.  Not kidding this time.  Yes i am.  Sorry.  Being ---->  Stoopid.  Sunday night is almost over, and then we have.......Monday LOL.  Have a good day @njbchlover 🙃  

Edited by ForumLou
Correction
  • Love 2
On 12/18/2020 at 3:09 PM, ForumLou said:

What was the hypocrisy?  This is my, on in the background while working, week.

Sorry for the tardiness, Megan's team was having a conniption over a member of Biden's team using foul language to describe them, given what has been said on tweeter for the past 4 years they had no legs to stand on..

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Sorry for the tardiness, Megan's team was having a conniption over a member of Biden's team using foul language to describe them, given what has been said on tweeter for the past 4 years they had no legs to stand on..

No worries  😏  yeah that's very hypocritical.  Thanks for the 411.  Follow up question...  was she involved in the fit having, or was it just her team?  Just curious if she partook.

On 12/19/2020 at 1:57 PM, JAYJAY1979 said:

I'm glad Ms. Love sang her heart out yesterday and no duet..it was all her singing it this year.

💖💖💖 she rocked it! Got us up and dancing.  That song just makes you want to move. Or groove hah.  She's been having a bad year legally, so I'm glad tPTB stuck by her.

On 12/18/2020 at 11:57 PM, bannana said:

|I have to admit, they did a good job pretending to sing along. All of them. And I kept thinking, if MeAgain was there what would she do? Roll her eyes? Pretend to care?

Joy had it, she was selling it...in the beginning hehe then by mid to last, she was over it. She sat and played with the microphone.   I'm sure she's saying 'its turned off anyway...okay?' 🤨

• LOL 1
29 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

Follow up question...  was she involved in the fit having, or was it just her team?  Just curious if she partook.

Well since Meghan is still on maternity leave, we don't know if she also had a hissy fit over it. No one on the show mentioned Meghan. It was all about Rubio and the others that the hosts mentioned, and the discussion went on about the hypocrisy.

• Love 2