Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E15: Tongue-Tied

druzy
  • Start Topic

Tensions erupt between Jade & Sean at Kloie’s birthday dinner. Leah attempts virtual learning with all three girls. Kailyn navigates a medical issue with Creed. Briana tries to put aside her anger with Devoin for Nova’s birthday.

Airs December 8, 2020

• Useful 3

I, too, laughed at Jade’s mom saying, “We don’t want people to think we are white trash.”  I wish Jade had better impulse control, but I can’t help but feel for her. Of course she’s depressed and overwhelmed and ready to snap at a moment’s notice!! Given what she comes from, I think she’s doing an excellent job as a Mom… Not perfect, certainly, but the only times we see her smiling and pleasant are when she’s interacting with Kloie. … And of course, we only know what we see on camera. I agree that she needs to kick Sean’s ass to the curb. Is he really 30? I thought he was much younger than that. If he really is 30 and is still this aimless, she REALLY needs to show him the door. 

And I can’t help but feel a little bit badly for Kail. My twins were both rather difficult babies, with reflux, colic, etc.,  and I got virtually no sleep for the first year and a half of their lives. It was utter hell. Yes, Kail  was very stupid to purposely get pregnant with this fourth kid, but the other three apparently hadn’t been this difficult, so… I don’t know. Maybe I’m getting soft in my old age.

I literally fast forward through Chelsea’s scenes… Glad for her that her life is going well, but it’s completely boring. Brianna just seems to want to have something to complain about no matter what is going on. And there seemed to be a lot of people in one room, with no masks, for Nova’s birthday party. Hasn’t Florida been a continual hotspot for Covid since the pandemic began?

Leah...Again, I guess I’m just getting old and soft, but I can’t snark on her. She does the best she can and truly loves her girls. Does she make inappropriate parenting choices? Of course. I do agree that she’s going to be ill- prepared, when the show finally shuts down production, to support her daughters. Fortunately both fathers have steady employment and seem to be responsible as far as holding up their end financially. Maybe I over identify with her because I also have twins and a child with special needs, but I think she’s absolutely doing the best she can given her circumstances.

Edited by Liamsmom617
  • Love 11

I feel like all Brianna does is whine. It's always something with her. This time she is constantly poormouthing yet somehow has enough money to rent an AirBnB for Nova's ninth birthday party. If I was Devoin I'd side eye her too.

Honestly I don't mind Kail at all since last week. She seems to have a glow about her and she doesn't whine about the kids she just gets on with it. She mentions it is difficult etc but it always is with a newborn no matter how good the rest of your life is and she also has to do e-learning with the older kids and handle three (?) year old Lux so I think she's doing great. She just seems very mature and settled right now.

Leah and her bunch are doing as well as they can given the circumstances so I'll cut them a break. They love the girlses and do their best for them and she seems to have matured more lately also. Fortunately for them WVA was the very last state to get even one case so for the time being (at time of filming) they have a good chance of keeping Covid away from Ali. I hope they get more strict about things as the fall comes on them because it gets worse. Sigh.

Oh Jade. I feel for her but jeez. I was surprised to realize that Kloie was turning three. Time flies. Christy needs to get off my TV. What a trashy mess of a woman. Jade is going to be her eventually if she doesn't get a handle on her emotions.  Poor Kloie.

Chelsea is boring but at least she isn't whining all the time like Brianna. And its nice to see the family having fun together, enjoying time together most of the scenes. They are the change of pace I need to keep this show from being an unrelenting whine fest.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Bless her heart, little Kloie doesn’t stand a chance.  This bunch of assholes can’t even get through her birthday dinner (in a restaurant, no less)

I don't have kids, but I've watched some Supernanny in my day, and isn't 7:00 in the evening awful late for a 3-year-old's birthday celebration? 

1 hour ago, Liamsmom617 said:

And there seemed to be a lot of people in one room, with no masks, for Nova’s birthday party. Hasn’t Florida been a continual hotspot for Covid since the pandemic began?

I think you've answered your own question.

ETA:  I'm actually having a hard time even hate-watching these people. 

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I don't have kids, but I've watched some Supernanny in my day, and isn't 7:00 in the evening awful late for a 3-year-old's birthday celebration?

Absolutely, by about five hours.  I didn’t even notice that the party was so late, so now I loathe them even more!

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

I didn’t even notice that the party was so late, so now I loathe them even more!

Yeah, Jade said something about meeting at 7:00 at the restaurant.  I wondered why, since it doesn't look like many of the talent have a 9-to-5 that makes them available only "after work."  I'm pretty sure Kloie was available before that.  So it's just Jade, and she's the damn mother, and I'd think at least she would figure out a way to do Kloie's birthday without keeping her up too late.  Like, I don't know...a Saturday afternoon?  Do people celebrate kids' birthdays on Saturday afternoons?  😀

I've been scanning my life and can't remember a single instance where I worried that people would think I'm white trash.  On the other hand, I think maybe this downtown Indianapolis restaurant might be considered pretty high class for Jade's mother and she was insecure, and that makes me sad, even though I can't stand her.  Then again, their group could have gone a long way toward people not thinking they're white trash by actually behaving in public. 

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, ellenr33 said:

Am I the only one who doesn't find Addy's attitude cute in the least bit? If I ever told my mom to shut up or that she doesn't discipline me I would have gotten in so much trouble! 

Thank you.  I would still be in timeout 37 years later.  Leah tries to be her kids’ friend- and a “cool mom.”  That cool mom stuff rarely, if ever, works outside of Gilmore Girls.  A sassy little girl is one thing (I was one and then had one of my own), but a seven-year-old who constantly contradicts and smart-mouths her mother is quite another.  It’s going to get worse as they approach their teen years.  Buckle up, Leah.

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
  • Love 13
28 minutes ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Thank you.  I would still be in timeout 37 years later.  Leah tries to be her kids’ friend- and a “cool mom.”  That cool mom stuff rarely, if ever, works outside of Gilmore Girls.  A sassy little girl is one thing (I was one and then had one of my own), but a seven-year-old who constantly contradicts and smart-mouths her mother is quite another.  It’s going to get worse as they approach their teen years.  Buckle up, Leah.

We don't know if off camera she had disciplined Addie...I must say I think the twins have turned out pretty good for their age. Gracie seems sweet and very much attached to Leah and Allie is smart and well behaved. Addie has spunk...sure, she can be a little mouthy at times but she is smart enough to call both her parents out for their empty threats to disclipine her. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

I feel like all Brianna does is whine. It's always something with her. This time she is constantly poormouthing yet somehow has enough money to rent an AirBnB for Nova's ninth birthday party. If I was Devoin I'd side eye her too.

Honestly I don't mind Kail at all since last week. She seems to have a glow about her and she doesn't whine about the kids she just gets on with it. She mentions it is difficult etc but it always is with a newborn no matter how good the rest of your life is and she also has to do e-learning with the older kids and handle three (?) year old Lux so I think she's doing great. She just seems very mature and settled right now.

Leah and her bunch are doing as well as they can given the circumstances so I'll cut them a break. They love the girlses and do their best for them and she seems to have matured more lately also. Fortunately for them WVA was the very last state to get even one case so for the time being (at time of filming) they have a good chance of keeping Covid away from Ali. I hope they get more strict about things as the fall comes on them because it gets worse. Sigh.

Oh Jade. I feel for her but jeez. I was surprised to realize that Kloie was turning three. Time flies. Christy needs to get off my TV. What a trashy mess of a woman. Jade is going to be her eventually if she doesn't get a handle on her emotions.  Poor Kloie.

Chelsea is boring but at least she isn't whining all the time like Brianna. And its nice to see the family having fun together, enjoying time together most of the scenes. They are the change of pace I need to keep this show from being an unrelenting whine fest.

Kail had an easier time with Issac and Lincoln because she had both fathers helping her to care for them when they were newborns. She also had their extended families who babysat and were close by to help out with other things. When she had Lux, she had a gaggle of girlfriends that practically lived at her house and helped with everything since baby daddy Chris was MIA as he is this with this baby. I fault Kail for continuing to have unprotected sexual relations with a man who cares nothing for her or his progeny. She's not a stupid teenager anymore...she's a grown ass woman. Quit thinking with your vagina and think with your head...at this point if she continues to be his booty call she is stupid and careless. Get a tubal ligation and concentrate on your kids futures instead of moaning about having another boy and wanting a girl. Four kids and no partner to share the work and responsibilties is a very lonely place to be and even worse if she has five or six kids. At some point this show will end and so will her cash flow. 

• Love 8

When its just Jade and Kloie I see her as a nurturing mother but when she is around Sean or her parents I think she is just so stressed that she takes it out on Kloie. I think she feels like she has to be the person to keep it all together and wants Sean so badly to want to achieve more in his life. She reminds me of Chelsea in the early seasons where she is hanging on to this guy who just sucks. Every once in a while he will show you something in him that gives you hope but he has no goals and ambition to really achieve anything in his life. I wish she would just find a really good guy like Chelsea and let him go and learn to co-parent. 

Kail for as much as she personally drives me insane. I think she is a really good mom who really tries her best with her kids. I think as a single mom its really hard to have a fussy baby when you've had easy babies. 

Chelsea her life is just so normal that its boring to watch.

Brianna before you buy a house maybe you should think about if you can afford your bills. Clearly these guys haven't been reliable for child support so what makes you think just because you bought this house or had a meeting with them that anything is going to really change? 

• Love 6
17 hours ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Bless her heart, little Kloie doesn’t stand a chance.  This bunch of assholes can’t even get through her birthday dinner (in a restaurant, no less) without the evening descending into a chaotic, public bitchfest.  It was pretty rich that Jade’s mom said that people in the restaurant would “think they’re white trash.”  Too late, Grandma.  If these two aren’t cursing at each other, they’re yelling at Kloie for being a toddler who is, quite frankly, dying for a minimal amount of attention.  Never once have I seen Jade or Whatshisface play with her one-on-one.  There are people in this world who would kill to have a happy little girl running around their house, yet these mouth-breathers ignore her and put her in timeout for being a tiny child who needs basic stimulation and interaction.  Absolutely disgusting.  Again, bless her little heart.

Wow, Kailyn, you sure are having a tough time managing all of these children, including an infant.  If only there was some way to prevent pregnancy so you could catch your breath and focus on your existing litter.  Stay strong, Kailyn; our tireless scientists are working on it day and night!

So true about everything you said. As I've said before Jade and her family/Sean are codependent on each other. Their codependence is keeping them from changing their relationships from unhealthy to healthy. Sean is the ultimate manipulator. When he and Jade argue and have nasty fights and Sean leaves, he always works his way back into her life and house. He comes back and promises to be responsible, less verbally abusive or angry...he'll help with childcare and do whatever it takes to make them a "family". As with all manipulators, this lasts for a few months and then it's back to the same old same old. Jade needs to take a good hard look at this guy and finally realize he's a loser. Lazy, no ambition, no drive, no future...just playing video games and living off his baby mama. His behavior on the last few episodes is abhorent. Yelling at Kloie for no reason at all, calling her "dude" and grabbing her...no patience and no engagement with her at all except as an angry guy. The way he talks to Jade in front of Kloie is disgusting. Jade is not without fault. She talks over everyone and doesn't listen to advice or someone else's opinion.

The whining and complaining are understandable...she's frustrated, she's tired...at some point you need to take action and make decisions that will best make life better for you and your daughter. Sean should be sent packing and visitation outside of her home should be worked out so that Kloie can see him but not at the house...whenever he has been kicked out before he always worms his way back into the house while visiting Kloie. No more...this relationship is over. He can see his daughter but in a public setting. I actually thought her mother was trying to give some good advice like putting Kloie in daycare for two days a week so she could have some socialization with other kids since she's getting zero socialization hanging around the house with Sean all day who probably yells at her when she interferes with his gaming. Kloie is three and needs to be in preschool like other three olds. Maybe Jade needs to get a second job so she can pay for it...Sean certainly isn't going to do it. And Jade does very little with Kloie...she reminds me of Amber on Teen Mom OG...always sitting on her couch or bed complaining about everything and fighting with her baby daddy. We never see her taking her to a park or an activity that is toddler related. It's just sad and I worry for Kloie's future...she's such a happy little girl and sweet. These two nudniks don't deserve her.

Side note...I was shocked to hear that Sean is 30 !!!! I thought her was in his mid 20's at the most. If her doesn't have his GED by now, he will never get it. He should enlist in the military where he can get his GED and learn a skill and get some structure in his life.

• Love 7
53 minutes ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

I would still be in timeout 37 years later.

Speaking of timeout, as a Supernanny fan, I cringed at Jade's timeout for Kloie.  If Sean is going to insist on engaging with screens all day, maybe he could spend some of it watching Jo show effective discipline.  My recollection is that it doesn't include exasperatedly calling your daughter "Dude." 

1 minute ago, ellenr33 said:

Brianna before you buy a house maybe you should think about if you can afford your bills. Clearly these guys haven't been reliable for child support so what makes you think just because you bought this house or had a meeting with them that anything is going to really change? 

While I applaud her for paying for a house with cash (I'm the debt-averse type), I hope that before calculating how much money she could spend, she evaluated her income stream and whether it would cover everything she pays for (including savings and retirement) without any contributions from the various baby daddies, especially if she's not going to take the required action to put them "on" child support. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I think maybe this downtown Indianapolis restaurant might be considered pretty high class for Jade's mother

I don't think they showed the name of the restaurant. I guess they just said we'll pass on the free advertising.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

I used to get in trouble just for rolling my eyes at my parents.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
18 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

I think Brianna is trying to cultivate a "brand" of being an Awesome Single Mom who's "doing so much" for her kids while her baby daddies are irresponsible dickheads. That's an archetype that many people admire/support. Except she's so not an Awesome Single Mom. I'm not sure whether she should even be considered a "single mom" since it seems that she has lived and co-parented with her mom and sister since Nova was born.

Apart from that, she doesn't seem to get that it's not "Awesome" parenting to throw a COVID spreader event for your child's birthday or to refuse to speak to your child's grandparents at that event and go outside to film a scene for your reality show whining about how much your baby daddy and his family suck. She claims to want them to be involved in Nova's life, but seems 100% unaware of how her behavior plays into that. She doesn't get credit for allowing/encouraging Nova to have a relationship with them while constantly trashing them in front of Nova, to anyone who will listen, and on her TV show.     

Devoin is obviously no great shakes as a dad, but he isn't legally obligated to do anything for or with Nova (by Brianna's design). The only reason he does anything for or with Nova (much less Stellla) is because he truly cares. And, again, Brianna is quite far from being an Awesome Mom. She is immature, reckless, and irresponsible. She has unprotected sex with strangers and went on a trip out of the country with a married man, whose identity she was keeping secret. I'm not trying to slut shame her, but that is straight-up irresponsible, reckless behavior. She doesn't think about how it would affect her daughters if she contracted HIV or was murdered. She doesn't even think about how it might affect her daughters for her to trash their dads in front of them all the time, have various boyfriends coming in and out of their lives, etc. But she really thinks/hopes people will watch the show and be like, "You go, Bri! You're a fierce mama doing it all on your own!"

17 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

It was probably to accommodate MTV's shooting schedule.

3 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Kail had an easier time with Issac and Lincoln because she had both fathers helping her to care for them when they were newborns. She also had their extended families who babysat and were close by to help out with other things. When she had Lux, she had a gaggle of girlfriends that practically lived at her house and helped with everything since baby daddy Chris was MIA as he is this with this baby. I fault Kail for continuing to have unprotected sexual relations with a man who cares nothing for her or his progeny. She's not a stupid teenager anymore...she's a grown ass woman. Quit thinking with your vagina and think with your head...at this point if she continues to be his booty call she is stupid and careless. Get a tubal ligation and concentrate on your kids futures instead of moaning about having another boy and wanting a girl. Four kids and no partner to share the work and responsibilties is a very lonely place to be and even worse if she has five or six kids. At some point this show will end and so will her cash flow. 

All true, but Kail will have more kids, quite possibly even with Chris. She's another one who thinks she's rocking out as a mom, but really she sucks. I was horrified to realize that Lincoln (at least) seems to have formed some attachment to Chris and to think of him as someone his mom loves who is somehow part of their family. Kail doesn't see her "relationship" with him as a toxic addiction she needs to figure out how to get over, she thinks they have some kind of complicated love story (or something). That's sad, but also scary for the kids. Where will Kail's sick obsession with him end? She's already uprooted them from living near their dads/schools/friends in a (futile) attempt to lure Chris in. That's not the end of the world, but it's clear that Kail wasn't thinking about their well-being when she made that huge decision. She was only thinking about finding some way to get Chris, whatever it took. She's physically assaulted Chris multiple times and he's allegedly assaulted her. The police have gotten involved multiple times. That's not headed to a good place. Apart from all of that, how does it affect the kids to have their mom literally tell them, "I love Chris and he's part of our family!," then a week later be like, "Chris is a narcissistic asshole and he's not Lux and Creed's dad anymore!" Over and over. Lincoln (at least) is so confused that he doesn't know whether Chris is his "stepdad" or not at any given time. Like, when Kail mentions family plans, he literally goes, "Is Chris going to be involved?" and Kail has to give him the hourly update of where their "relationship" stands. And she doesn't even realize that that's fucked up. She thinks it's fine because they live in a McMansion and go to private schools. 

• Love 12

Poor Kloie...growing up in the House of Eeyore...everyone is just so damn miserable all. the. time.  I shudder to think about future teenage Kloie who mouths off at her mom or dad and what could happen next.  And you know she's going to turn out that way given her role models. I could easily see her turning to boys and/or drugs or alcohol just to escape that situation.  I just hope that Jade watches the footage and gets a clue about how they're all affecting that little girl.

Before watching either of the Teen Mom shows I'd never seen anyone rent a house in which to hold their child's birthday party.  Is it just me or is that really some over-the-top ish?

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

I don't think they showed the name of the restaurant. I guess they just said we'll pass on the free advertising.

It was the Weber Grill Restaurant, looks like a steak will cost you $40-$50 dollars.  It's not what I would pick for a 3 year old's birthday dinner, but I guess when MTV is footing the bill...

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

I knew Kail was lying about being 45 minutes from the nearest hospital, so I looked it up. ChristianaCare Middletown Emergency Department is 6.5 miles from her house, an 11-minute drive. I'm from DE and I kind of doubt that anyone in DE lives 45 minutes from the nearest hospital. It's possible that her OBGYN's hospital is 45 minutes away (giving her the benefit of the doubt), but she was hardly afraid Creed would die because they were so far from a hospital.

And the thing is, it's fine to be concerned about being a 2-minute drive from the nearest hospital if your newborn isn't breathing, but the fact that she's lying makes me question the story about Creed being born not breathing altogether.

5 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Speaking of timeout, as a Supernanny fan, I cringed at Jade's timeout for Kloie.  If Sean is going to insist on engaging with screens all day, maybe he could spend some of it watching Jo show effective discipline.  My recollection is that it doesn't include exasperatedly calling your daughter "Dude."

This show is kind of the opposite of Supernanny, a primer on bad parenting.

Edited by TheRealT
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, A-Lo said:

Poor Kloie...growing up in the House of Eeyore...everyone is just so damn miserable all. the. time.  I shudder to think about future teenage Kloie who mouths off at her mom or dad and what could happen next.  And you know she's going to turn out that way given her role models. I could easily see her turning to boys and/or drugs or alcohol just to escape that situation.  I just hope that Jade watches the footage and gets a clue about how they're all affecting that little girl.

Before watching either of the Teen Mom shows I'd never seen anyone rent a house in which to hold their child's birthday party.  Is it just me or is that really some over-the-top ish?

Nope...its pretty over the toppish. I was more appalled at the number of people there all packed in and not wearing masks when at that time, Florida was out of control with infection rates of COVID.  

Edited by BrownBear2012
  • Love 10

I have decided that both Brianna and Devoin are both whining self entitled brats and I have some helpful advice for both of them.

Brianna:  Stop talking about your baby daddies.  Stop engaging in this toxic back and forth regarding money and control.  You have surprisingly, candidly admitted that you don't put either baby daddy on child support because you will lose the control of custody you so desperately cling too. Research and find the best therapist in your area and begin seeking guidance from them.  Go down to the courts and file child support on both Luis and Devoin, while you are at it, set up appropriate and fair visitation for the fathers and have their names legally put on the birth certificates.  Regarding filming, do not and I repeat do not block any advances or opportunities for either of your baby daddies in relation to the show and MTV.  Support their on camera time and encourage them to get as much money as they can, because at the end of the day that means more money and financial security for your daughters.  Remove yourself from any dealings with Devoin's family that isn't 100% pleasant, and beneficial for Nova.  Do not badmouth them, insinuate, or allow Nova to experience any negativity from you and your family towards them.  How much interest, and time they spend with Nova is none of your business.  You let Devoin worry about the bonding or lack of his side of the family has with Nova.  Any serious issues regarding Devoin's family that need to be addressed or discussed should be brought to his attention first and almost always exclusively.  Make an agreement with both fathers not to bring up or talk about each other on social media.  Before doing anything impulsive remember that you are the mother of two young girls/women, that you have a presence and a platform that provides you financial support to be the best mother you can be.

Devoin:  I need you to realize that regardless of how much money Brianna has in the bank, that in no way shape or form absolves you of your financial responsibility to Nova.  Brianna's finances are none of your business.  She is the custodial parent of your daughter and you need to realize how much of the "heavy lifting" she provides on a day to day consistent basis for your daughter. Brianna's dating life is also none of your business.  Unless there is an issue, your first response is to handle it civilly with Brianna. Your first step to having an amicable relationship with Brianna is to go down to family court and exercise your rights as a responsible father.  You need to petition the court to be added to Nova's birth certificate, set up a child support order, and obtain a fair visitation schedule that is fair to your daughter. It is your responsibility to also set up healthy parameters for the people who are coming into your daughters life from your end; friends, family, girlfriends.  Stop talking about Brianna in any negative way on social media. Make a vow to yourself that you will not badmouth, or insinuate any negativity toward Brianna and her family in front of your daughter.  You also have the responsibility to exercise and explore all of the opportunities afforded to you through MTV or any other platforms for both the advancement and financial security for you and your daughter. Before doing anything impulsive remember that you are the father to a young girl/woman, you are her first and most important model of how a man should behave and conduct himself.  

Lastly you both need to let go of being in and participating in drama and realize how truly blessed you two are.  You both share an incredibly beautiful, smart, and talented daughter.  For two teen parents with no higher education, or specialized skills you are in unique positions to really elevate yourself in substantial ways.  If you put as much time into responsibly using this platform instead of engaging in drama you both could really set yourselves up to have an incredible life for you and the daughter you share.

• Love 13

Briana complained that Devoin's family only come to celebrations,  but if they hadn't come then she'd have complained that they didn't come to Nova's celebration.   Really a win-win for her because what she really wants is to be the martyr. 

I know Cole gets a lot of crap for his voice and his emotions,  and I honestly don't know how I'd handle my hubby crying like that for things like this, but I do appreciate seeing a man who genuinely loves and cherishes his babies.  Having said that, it reminds me of the movie 'Bedazzled' where Brendan Frazier makes a deal with the devil to get 7 wishes to impress a girl he likes.  But with every wish the devil, Elizabeth Hurley,  uses a technicality to make things hard for him.  So after he figures it out he is specific with his wish to be the most sensitive man on earth, emotionally.   Suddenly he's on the beach with the girl he likes and he can't stop crying about how beautiful the sunset is.  It was hilarious (for a 20 year old movie). Anyway, that's what he reminded me of last night.  I know it's an exaggerated example, but that scenario popped into my head.  The Most Emotionally Sensitive Man On Earth.  🤣  Again, I think he is a great father and an overall good dude.  I'll add a link below if anyone wants to see what I saw when Watson went to school.  Lol

I loved Creed's Oscar the Grouch shirt!  

Edited by eskimo
To add
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, JBC344 said:

I have decided that both Brianna and Devoin are both whining self entitled brats and I have some helpful advice for both of them.

What a lot of mature, reasonable advice.  Therein lies the rub, of course.

13 hours ago, JBC344 said:

For two teen parents with no higher education, or specialized skills you are in unique positions to really elevate yourself in substantial ways.  If you put as much time into responsibly using this platform instead of engaging in drama you both could really set yourselves up to have an incredible life for you and the daughter you share.

The problem is that engaging in drama is what keeps them on the show.  If they're not going do that, then what other way is there to use the responsibly use the platform other than to take Chelsea's route?  And even she had to keep it up (with the intrusive storyline about Aubree and her grandmother) after she'd created her brand.  And all she's ended up with is a brand that may or may not survive after she's off the show.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, eskimo said:

Briana complained that Devoin's family only come to celebrations,  but if they hadn't come then she'd have complained that they didn't come to Nova's celebration.   Really a win-win for her because what she really wants is to be the martyr. 

I know Cole gets a lot of crap for his voice and his emotions,  and I honestly don't know how I'd handle my hubby crying like that for things like this, but I do appreciate seeing a man who genuinely loves and cherishes his babies.  Having said that, it reminds me of the movie 'Bedazzled' where Brendan Frazier makes a deal with the devil to get 7 wishes to impress a girl he likes.  But with every wish the devil, Elizabeth Hurley,  uses a technicality to make things hard for him.  So after he figures it out he is specific with his wish to be the most sensitive man on earth, emotionally.   Suddenly he's on the beach with the girl he likes and he can't stop crying about how beautiful the sunset is.  It was hilarious (for a 20 year old movie). Anyway, that's what he reminded me of last night.  I know it's an exaggerated example, but that scenario popped into my head.  The Most Emotionally Sensitive Man On Earth.  🤣  Again, I think he is a great father and an overall good dude.  I'll add a link below if anyone wants to see what I saw when Watson went to school.  Lol

I loved Creed's Oscar the Grouch shirt!  

Agreed! I think I’d be annoyed if Cole were my husband but it’s sweet to see him so emotional about Watson. Also, I LOVED Bedazzled and love the reference. I haven’t seen that movie in like a decade or more but didn’t he cry about the tuna in his salad or something? 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

The problem is that engaging in drama is what keeps them on the show.  If they're not going do that, then what other way is there to use the responsibly use the platform other than to take Chelsea's route?  And even she had to keep it up (with the intrusive storyline about Aubree and her grandmother) after she'd created her brand.  And all she's ended up with is a brand that may or may not survive after she's off the show.

Well this is where intelligence and business savvy would come in.  Brianna and Devoin could easily sit down and come up with interesting storylines for their situations.  Or if they really felt like they needed to go the drama route, they could easily "play" for the cameras knowing full well this is a way to stay on the show.  Hell if it were me, I would easily turn in an Oscar winning performance every week to ensure my place on the show.  Behind the scenes Devoin and the Coven could be laughing all the way to the bank and the viewer would be none the wiser. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

Kristy: “He’s not as smart as us Jade!”

HAHAHAHA!!

Yeah, I was really confused when Jade's mom kept saying that "we" went to school and worked at the same time. What kind of school did she ever go to? Did she mean that she worked (probably at her mom's restaurant) when she was in high school? What good is whatever school she went to if she has the same (low-level, low-paying) job 20+ years later?

• Love 3

I can’t with Jade and Sean.  Kloie is always in trouble for...walking and talking?  I don’t know.  I’m sure she really enjoyed her third birthday celebration at the completely age-appropriate bar & grill during which she was ignored and everybody screamed 

Wow, Kail, how shocking that having FOUR children under the age of ten is difficult?  Who would’ve predicted THAT?

I guess that we can be glad that no teenager is watching this saying, “wow, this looks really fun!”

Finally, Leah, I’m not sure that we should be kissing the *outside* of people’s masks. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, alotmorestupider said:

Agreed! I think I’d be annoyed if Cole were my husband but it’s sweet to see him so emotional about Watson. Also, I LOVED Bedazzled and love the reference. I haven’t seen that movie in like a decade or more but didn’t he cry about the tuna in his salad or something? 

The dolphins.  Lol  Another thing from that scene that reminded me of Cole was when he asked, 'do you need comforting on any level?' But my favorite is when he looks at the sunset and cries again and says, "When is that darn thing gonna set?!"  Now I have to rewatch the movie soon! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, eskimo said:

The dolphins.  Lol  Another thing from that scene that reminded me of Cole was when he asked, 'do you need comforting on any level?' But my favorite is when he looks at the sunset and cries again and says, "When is that darn thing gonna set?!"  Now I have to rewatch the movie soon! 

I love bedazzled. Hahaha

• Love 3

I hope Jade dumps Sean for good. He is gross, and useless and doesn't even have a high school diploma? And why does he always call the little girl Dude? He wants things to just come to him like he thinks they have for Jade with this show. He most likely used most of whatever he was paid to get high, while she worked toward building a career and business that can thrive when this show ends.

• Love 6
On 12/9/2020 at 1:09 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

While I applaud her for paying for a house with cash (I'm the debt-averse type), I hope that before calculating how much money she could spend, she evaluated her income stream and whether it would cover everything she pays for (including savings and retirement) without any contributions from the various baby daddies, especially if she's not going to take the required action to put them "on" child support. 

You're giving her far too much credit (no pun intended).  It was probably more like "I just got my MTV check for the season.  I have enough to buy that townhouse over there.   Where do I sign?"  Very similar to a lottery winner who runs out and buys a mansion and some cars before realizing they've just spent all of their winnings.  At least she has outside employment.

• Love 8

Um....has this been discussed here? I have twins and I don’t want to be a doom monger, but this girl has no idea what she’s in for. And I was married, in my 30s, and didn’t have drug addict parents. Jesus.

5277BD6A-2740-4E8E-8327-CDB826762099.png

Edited by Liamsmom617
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Liamsmom617 said:

Um....has this been discussed here? I have twins and I don’t want to be a doom monger, but this girl has no idea what she’s in for. And I was married, in my 30s, and didn’t have drug addict parents. Jesus.

The forum won't let me react with both a "surprise" and a "sad."  Maybe it's telling me I shouldn't be surprised, because I'm definitely sad.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Liamsmom617 said:

5277BD6A-2740-4E8E-8327-CDB826762099.png

Looks like clickbait to me. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Looks like clickbait to me. 

I'm blessedly ignorant about all things social media, but I am somewhat familiar with clickbait.  Isn't this a screenshot of Jade's instagram or twitter?  Social media people want followers, and posting something that implies you're having twins but is actually untrue doesn't seem like a good way to gain followers.

• Love 2

It’s hard to sympathize with Jade even though she has some good qualities and a tough situation, but it was painful to watch the way she and Sean “parent” Kloie.  That poor little girl.

Kail is also not a sympathetic person but I do think she is a good mother (though she should use some good bc now!) and her boys are very sweet.

I continue to have a soft spot for Leah.  I think she really cleaned herself up and repaired her relationship with her girls.  Also impressed she hasn’t had another and is focused on what she has.

Briana always looks unclean.

Still find Chelsea insufferable and for someone who keeps having babies oddly not maternal.

• Love 4

Brianna is completely right about her baby daddies . They both are terrible and it isn’t only Brianna’s job to provide financially for the kids , however .. I don’t feel bad for her because she does nothing to prevent getting pregnant again with the same loser father that she already knows does nothing . Every time she has sex and her mom asks if she’s using protection , she just smiles and puts her hands over her eyes . She deserves what she gets , but in the end it’s her kids that suffer and don’t deserve that . 

• Love 6
On 12/10/2020 at 1:53 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

The only reason Chelsea is allowed to be as drama free as she is is because she’s an original and has a big fan base . They’d never let a newbie like jade stay on the show if she had no storyline like Chelsea .

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 12/14/2020 at 8:59 PM, Jaclyn88 said:

Brianna is completely right about her baby daddies . They both are terrible and it isn’t only Brianna’s job to provide financially for the kids , however .. I don’t feel bad for her because she does nothing to prevent getting pregnant again with the same loser father that she already knows does nothing . Every time she has sex and her mom asks if she’s using protection , she just smiles and puts her hands over her eyes . She deserves what she gets , but in the end it’s her kids that suffer and don’t deserve that . 

Exactly.  She's still out here raw dogging the same losers. Louis gave her crabs or the Clap or whatever std. She just as easily could have gotten pregnant by the loser and she would still be acting as if the universe is doing her wrong.

Dumb ass.

• Love 8