Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E02: Unexpected

Bort
Message added by Bort

If you know something from the media and it hasn't happened yet, IT IS A SPOILER. Do not discuss it in this topic.

• Start Topic

The rookie candidates must show Kelli and Judy they can learn the choreography quickly; things take an unexpected turn for some.

Airdate: 1 December 2020

If you know something from the media and it hasn't happened yet, IT IS A SPOILER. Do not discuss it in this topic.

Any events that play out in the episode are no longer spoilers and fair game to discuss.

6 minutes ago, sATL said:

Is this the correct thread for the episode from 12/1 or is everyone now posting on the spoiler thread ? In past seasons  - posting would happen live  almost (EST)

There are just a few comments on the spoiler thread about the episode. Seems many people just haven't watched it yet - and this episode thread wasn't open until this morning. 

25 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

There are just a few comments on the spoiler thread about the episode. Seems many people just haven't watched it yet - and this episode thread wasn't open until this morning. 

wow.. I wonder if a small reason is because of the show moving to Tuesday night - ie other shows and personal commitments going on. I would admit, Thursday night , going into Friday and then the weekend was better for me. I can remember a few episodes , from prior seasons, still had a mighty flow of comments well into Sunday. Maybe once the vets come - which I thought would be last night.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4

I think it is because most of us regulars are spoiled.  It is hard to comment here.  In earlier years, we picked up a lot of seasonal posters.  Now there is a proliferation of FB groups so the seasonal posters may be going there.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7

The uniform fittings weren't as obnoxious as the normally are, that was nice. I am getting better at recognizing all the blondes, the first episode they blended. My favorites are still Darian, Jada, Elli, Dani, and I'm warming up to McKenzie and Sydney. I like Armani's dancing, sometimes her facials are a bit all over the place. If she makes it to makeovers, I'm interested to see what they do with her look. Melissa Rycroft, eh, could do without her. Love Evan, he's always great. 

• Love 6

Ugh, Amelia is STUNNING. I want her eyes. I think everyone had an equal chance at the beginning since they all had previous time to learn all the dances, but when they had to learn it on the spot, she crumbled, and it became apparent she was behind. Poor thing. God, I wish I could know what lip color she was wearing, especially at the end. I need it. 

I'm continually shocked at how thick Sydney is—have you ever seen an ass like that on this show? Holy crap. They must really love her Pro Bowl past; I can't see her being picked for this otherwise, based on their weight standards. I don't like her at all and hopefully her makeover works some magic, if she gets there, but right now she looks a mess. 

It was funny they had to keep telling Jada to speed up—her limbs are so long it takes her extra time to move. Have you ever seen legs that long? My god. 

Claire D. is...not cute. Based on this ep and the peek at next week, Alora Rose is giving Meredith struggle bus vibes. 

McKenzie is so cute! Shannan and Tori and Jessica are just BORING. In looks and dance. Talk about filler.

I have a soft spot for Sheridan for some reason. Kelli seemed SO uninterested in talking to her during uniform fittings. Ugh. 

So there are 29 returning vets and 20 rookies in TC? That seems like more than usual...

Edited by vanillagum
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
7 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

So there are 29 returning vets and 20 rookies in TC? That seems like more than usual...

Yes. I missed K&J rationale (if there is one) for taking in so many  rookies during a shorten training camp time, when at the time there was so many unknowns about the NFL season, not to mention the film schedule with CMT.  

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, sATL said:

Yes. I missed K&J rationale (if there is one) for taking in so many  rookies during a shorten training camp time, when at the time there was so many unknowns about the NFL season, not to mention the film schedule with CMT.  

TBH I think the only possible explanation was to have more material for the show - more girls to follow - more "drama." Kelli loves to have that drama to keep the ratings up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, sATL said:

It makes no sense. They go on and on about how precarious and unknown and short all of this is but they take more girls than ever? Ok. 

Also lol a number of them are/were easy cuts, give me a break

• Love 6

Amelia may be one of my most favorite TCCs since the beginning of MTT. She is just so likable. She's beautiful, so well spoken, seemed so easy going and fun. She was definitely a slower learner, but I think on a normal year when she would have had more time, she probably would have been fine. I home she comes back next year and kills it. I knew she was the first to go, but I was still gutted for her because I genuinely loved her and thought she would have been a great DCC. 

I really like Armani! And Mackenzie, although I'm not a fan of her hair color. I am SHOCKED they brought Sydney to camp with her body type. She is very thick for DCC standards. She really stands out in that room. 

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

It makes no sense. They go on and on about how precarious and unknown and short all of this is but they take more girls than ever? Ok. 

Also lol a number of them are/were easy cuts, give me a break

Does anyone know how many episodes of the show they have for this season?  I really can't see any more than maybe 5-6.  Yesterday the rookies were already in the standard uniform.  That usually doesn't happen in a regular season till like week 6 of TC.  

It's gotta be disappointing for the girls who made the team to have to wear a mask all season.  They are recognized by people everywhere, but especially all over Dallas.  With your face hidden most of the time, less people will be able to identify them.  That's one of the best perks about being a DCC...being recognized and people making a big deal over you.

• Love 2

The modified-kick line surprised me.  I thought they would have waited until the vets came, to at least provide instruction, or at least moral support.  Or wear gloves. I know your weight can't be on the dancer's shoulders next to you, but to kick the full routine without them, is a major cardio and other related muscle systems) workout. 

I wonder why they did't have them jumping into the split on their own. I think they have done that before - under the watchful eye of a vet.

RE: the TCC who was having a medical issue - I know the list of possible COVID symptoms grew each day back then. But I don't recall "eyes rolling to the back of her head" - if that is what Judy said - being part of the symptom list. K&J is going to have to realize there are and will be other medical concerns besides COVID.

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Just saw that they posted a deleted scene from Evan giving his thoughts on the candidates. I would have much rather viewed this scene as opposed to Melissa's scene, and Sydney's sick scene (felt so bad for her). It's not like they were strapped for content. I'm not an editor but I am confused as to why they left out Evan's commentary when that is the usual formula for these episodes. If it isn't broken...

• Love 18

ABSOLUTELY LOVE Elli & Armani. Their personalities alone are enough for me. Sydney still comes across as an attention whore (I felt like she was just winded because she’s obviously a bigger girl) and I too am curious as to what K&J had to say about her ass cheeks in that uniform. They’ve given so many other girls in the past a hard time (guess you need that pro bowl title under your belt for a pass) Luckily for Sydney, her lower body curves save her from looking completely masculine but I am just never going to be a fan of that face. Sorry. Sheridan, I LOVE HER and I’d really like to know why they keep bringing her back just to cut her before selecting the final team. Anyone pay attention to Dani? Didn’t see her much this episode and shockingly, not much Marissa this time either. And poor Cassie, she’s adorable but clearly struggles and so does Annabelle. Annabelle has the cutest personality but she’s just an after thought when performing, and so is Claire D. They never grab my attention but that could also be the way it’s edited. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, JapMo said:

Has anyone ever taken the "this is going to be your last night" news from Kelly as well as Amelia?  What a beautiful, classy woman.  She kept her head up, graciously thanked them, and it was only when she was outside in the hall and talking to the camera that you could tell how upset she was because her voice cracked a little.  

I hope she comes back next year and blows them away, because she definitely has the DCC look.  No problems there.

I LOVED her reaction & response. They take cameras in there for a reason during cuts. I’m glad she gave them absolutely NOTHING in terms of drama. Amelia said no way! You won’t use me for ratings!!! Class act for sure. Amelia is a girl who knows that there’s life outside of being a DCC. Good for her 

• Love 18
21 minutes ago, Itswhatisaid said:

I LOVED her reaction & response. They take cameras in there for a reason during cuts. I’m glad she gave them absolutely NOTHING in terms of drama. Amelia said no way! You won’t use me for ratings!!! Class act for sure. Amelia is a girl who knows that there’s life outside of being a DCC. Good for her 

I really expected more tears since she was so upset (iirc) last episode when they pulled her in to talk. Good for her (2), I'm impressed

• Love 8

Did anyone else think it was weird that they gave Cassie the opportunity to decide whether she wanted to stay in training camp a little longer but not Amelia? They're both really beautiful women and they seem to have similar issues with not being able to recall choreo well, so I didn't understand why the offer was extended to one but not the other.

Also, I felt so bad seeing Amelia get released from the bubble so early 😢 I really loved those scenes in past seasons when a TCC would walk out of an office visit and the entire team would rally around her to either console her if she got cut or hype her up for next practice if she didn't. It's sad to think that TCC who get cut this season won't have those moments of comfort (even if those moments were staged for the show, it still has to be demoralizing to be cut with no emotional support from your teammates). 

Loved uniform fittings, but I wish it was a longer scene! I love seeing how excited the TCC get to try on the uniform for the first time, and wished they had shown more of that and more of their interactions with Kelly.

• Love 8

I feel like previous TCC had so many weekends committed to trying out, then at least 1-2 weeks of probably 4 hours of rehearsal 5 days a week soooooo many more hours invested in relationships & work in Dallas than the girls now. It is disappointing but perhaps less of a personal emotional investment with less impact.  IMO.  Amelia was a class act. Cry at home but not on TV.

• Love 4

So glad a thread finally opened up! I watched the episode in real time and was bummed that there was nowhere to post. Nothing super profound to say,just a few petty remarks 😂

-Claire W.: Didn't see much of her this time, but she is really likeable. She seems like the girl next door. She's my favorite, but I have to admit she doesn't have "the look" and has a stockier body. Maybe that's why I love her so much. She's a real person who deserves this on merit, is cute in her own way and absolutely kills it dancing without a physical advantage. 

-Armani. Absolutely love her. Another real person. And I have to say, I've noticed she doesn't have perfect teeth ot skin but still shines,and I love that. The one thing I did notice dance wise in episode one was a tendency to stick her neck forward, which kind of made her look hunched. But still, LOVE her.

-Ellie. Just can't say enough. Classy, beautiful and powerful. Close tie for my favorite 3 for sure. 

Dani: Also right up there! Just haven't seen enough of her. 

-Jada: Classy, LOVE her. Legs are crazy!

Mackenzie: Pretty, and I really want to like her, but her hair washes her out. Once it's toned a bit we can actually appreciate her features.

Allora-Rose: Rubs me the wrong way, and I can't figure out why. I feel bad, because I don't know what I wish she would do or say differently. Also, something's not right with her ears...

Marissa: All I have to say is I'm watching Welcome to Plathville at the same time, and in my head I can't keep her and Moriah straight.

I don't care for Sydney.

I feel like we are all saying the same things!

Edited by abracadabra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10

I, too, loved Amelia. She’s absolutely beautiful and as said above, if this was a normal training camp with as much time as the girls typically have, she totally would have made this team. I really do hope she comes back next year.

I think Sydney is a pretty girl although something about her is almost baby doll-ish, but in a strange plastic away. Maybe it’s the impossibly silky wig or the way she carries herself? I can’t quite put my finger on it. Anyhoo, the girl has an ASS! I wish they had shown her uniform fitting as I believe this is the first time they’ve had a TCC shaped like her. I know Lisa had to work overtime on fitting her shorts 😂. But seriously, would have loved to see what K had to say.

Evan seems like he has the best spirit and energy. 🤍

• Love 4
10 hours ago, JapMo said:

Has anyone ever taken the "this is going to be your last night" news from Kelly as well as Amelia?  What a beautiful, classy woman.  She kept her head up, graciously thanked them, and it was only when she was outside in the hall and talking to the camera that you could tell how upset she was because her voice cracked a little.  

I was afraid they were going to throw her out of her room that night!  Glad editors showed the exit with her wearing that lovely yellow dress leaving the next day.  Hope she got free breakfast at least.

"This is going to be your last night."   It's taken me 14.2 seasons to think maybe that sounds harsh.  

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, GonnahearmeRoar said:

Sydney is chunky dancing because she needs to lose weight.  Should have watched what she ate BEFORE TC🤮 Don’t get to tryouts on an empty stomach. That would be bad, very, very bad! In my best Tony Horton voice P90X🤣

Remember when Bridget collapsed after doing the kick line at last year's TCC because she didn't eat?  Didn't Kelli make a big deal about it?  🤨

• Love 4

Anyone else think that Haley taking the girls back to their rooms after rehearsal and after the meeting with Kelli and Judy was freaking weird?  I am sure they know where their room is, I mean ALL their belongings are in there 🙄 .  I found that to be so creepy and controlling!

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

Anyone else think that Haley taking the girls back to their rooms after rehearsal and after the meeting with Kelli and Judy was freaking weird?  I am sure they know where their room is, I mean ALL their belongings are in there 🙄 .  I found that to be so creepy and controlling!

I think the whole process is weird.

After hours of reversal, they go back to their rooms. They have to fight off the urge to get in the shower, or a soaking tub, most likely un-rushed, and then wanting to go to bed or get food ordered in. They have to wait until 11 pm, to see if Hayley will knock at the door.

I don't get why K&J can't announce who they want to see before they head to their rooms. I also get the impression their office is not on the same floor as their rooms. More wasted time while they could be getting a much needed soak. Or sleep.

What happened to if a TCC gets called in, of having at least a buddy (since the vets aren't there) waiting for her before or after the conversation?

I wonder how early does Hayley show up to walk them out of the hotel? Sunrise? No air hugs with the other TCCs- which they made a big deal of a massive goodbye hug the last couple of seasons. Breakfast in many hotels during this time, is a brown paper bag filled with snacks like a breakfast bar and a bottle of water. 

Speaking of Hayley, I guess she is the COVID replacement for long-time Cheryl. I hope Cheryl is doing well. Too bad CMT/K&J couldn't figure out a way to video her in for the "walk-to-the-office". Which if the TCCs would stay in their holding conference room, that would be easy to have Cheryl pop on the screen.

I guess K&J need to see if the personal conversation wows them. They really can eliminate the whole walk and do a video conference.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, sATL said:

I think the whole process is weird.

After hours of reversal, they go back to their rooms. They have to fight off the urge to get in the shower, or a soaking tub, most likely un-rushed, and then wanting to go to bed or get food ordered in. They have to wait until 11 pm, to see if Hayley will knock at the door.

I don't get why K&J can't announce who they want to see before they head to their rooms. I also get the impression their office is not on the same floor as their rooms. More wasted time while they could be getting a much needed soak. Or sleep.

What happened to if a TCC gets called in, of having at least a buddy (since the vets aren't there) waiting for her before or after the conversation?

I wonder how early does Hayley show up to walk them out of the hotel? Sunrise? No air hugs with the other TCCs- which they made a big deal of a massive goodbye hug the last couple of seasons. Breakfast in many hotels during this time, is a brown paper bag filled with snacks like a breakfast bar and a bottle of water. 

Speaking of Hayley, I guess she is the COVID replacement for long-time Cheryl. I hope Cheryl is doing well. Too bad CMT/K&J couldn't figure out a way to video her in for the "walk-to-the-office". Which if the TCCs would stay in their holding conference room, that would be easy to have Cheryl pop on the screen.

I guess K&J need to see if the personal conversation wows them. They really can eliminate the whole walk and do a video conference.

Cheryl is a cancer survivor.  I would assume it was her choice to not attend and be exposed in any way.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
On 12/2/2020 at 1:20 PM, Itswhatisaid said:

ABSOLUTELY LOVE Elli & Armani. Their personalities alone are enough for me. Sydney still comes across as an attention whore (I felt like she was just winded because she’s obviously a bigger girl) and I too am curious as to what K&J had to say about her ass cheeks in that uniform. They’ve given so many other girls in the past a hard time (guess you need that pro bowl title under your belt for a pass) Luckily for Sydney, her lower body curves save her from looking completely masculine but I am just never going to be a fan of that face. Sorry. Sheridan, I LOVE HER and I’d really like to know why they keep bringing her back just to cut her before selecting the final team. Anyone pay attention to Dani? Didn’t see her much this episode and shockingly, not much Marissa this time either. And poor Cassie, she’s adorable but clearly struggles and so does Annabelle. Annabelle has the cutest personality but she’s just an after thought when performing, and so is Claire D. They never grab my attention but that could also be the way it’s edited. 

"Obviously bigger girl".... are you serious?????   She's curvy....not one ounce of flab or jiggle anywhere.   In my opinion,  it's about time DCC got someone who looks like a woman on that team.   

• Love 15
59 minutes ago, SMP637 said:

"Obviously bigger girl".... are you serious?????   She's curvy....not one ounce of flab or jiggle anywhere.   In my opinion,  it's about time DCC got someone who looks like a woman on that team.   

I’m dead serious. Take the word “bigger” how you want. If I wanted to call her fat, I’d have no problem doing it. When I said she’s a bigger girl, that’s me comparing her to the other 35 skinny minis on the team. Read more of my posts and you’ll also see me refer to her as curvy. Not one ounce of jiggle or flab is right, she has very sharp chiseled features all over. But again, she IS bigger than the rest of the girls. You can argue against that all you want but multiple people here have posted the same observation. I hate that you took it personally 

Edited by Itswhatisaid
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

Sad to see Amelia cut.  Hope she comes back next year.  I'm not surprised the episode threads are so dead.  The football season is already 3/4ths complete, so it's easier than ever to find spoilers, which makes the episode discussion less interesting.  I still enjoy watching the show, but it has gotten stale.  I think that's why Cassie was given the option of staying another night: it's something they've never done before so the producers think it may add a new element to the show.  Sydney getting sick may have all been manufactured so that it gave Kelli the chance to say on camera that their bubble is working.  Once you are introduced to the women and see them dance a few times, the excitement starts to fade.  

This year's rookie class seems stronger than in recent years.  That probably has to do with the fact they came in knowing the dances (why don't they give them the dances ahead of the time every year?), but I also think it shows what a dud last year's class was.  Last year's squad was missing that superstar dancer they usually have that stands out in the crowd.  Hopefully one of these rookies can be that person.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, vivianspoetry said:

Sad to see Amelia cut.  Hope she comes back next year.  I'm not surprised the episode threads are so dead.  The football season is already 3/4ths complete, so it's easier than ever to find spoilers, which makes the episode discussion less interesting.  I still enjoy watching the show, but it has gotten stale.  I think that's why Cassie was given the option of staying another night: it's something they've never done before so the producers think it may add a new element to the show.  Sydney getting sick may have all been manufactured so that it gave Kelli the chance to say on camera that their bubble is working.  Once you are introduced to the women and see them dance a few times, the excitement starts to fade.  

This year's rookie class seems stronger than in recent years.  That probably has to do with the fact they came in knowing the dances (why don't they give them the dances ahead of the time every year?), but I also think it shows what a dud last year's class was.  Last year's squad was missing that superstar dancer they usually have that stands out in the crowd.  Hopefully one of these rookies can be that person.

Very good points made here. I also think this rookie class is better because they literally took girls from other teams. That’s nothing new, but these girls all have much fancier resumés. It’s a different feel because we aren’t seeing as many girls who came in off the street to try their luck; these rookies have all danced for pro teams or D1 universities. 

I think quite a bit of this season will be staged and that sucks. 

Edited by Itswhatisaid
  • Love 4

It’s hard to compare this rookie class to others because they were given the material ahead of time, so we’re not seeing the early struggles. However, based on what we are seeing, I think this rookie class is MUCH stronger than last year’s rookies and at least comparable (if not better) to the year before, which had a lot of great dancers. Two episodes in, and I find them to be more interesting dancers than any of the 4 or 5 years girls, other than Gina.

I really liked how Amelia handled herself, and she is really beautiful. I hope she comes back. 

I didn’t care for Sydney first episode, but I thought she looked good dancing tonight. Her curves are a plus. I’ve always thought the DCCs’ preference for very thin women was strange given the audience. These aren’t flyers being lifted into the air or ballet dancers performing a pas de deux. These are power pom dancers. As long as the girl is in shape, curves are good and/or at least shouldn’t be a negative. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 17
14 hours ago, sATL said:

I hope Cheryl is doing well. Too bad CMT/K&J couldn't figure out a way to video her in for the "walk-to-the-office".

4 hours ago, Opine said:

Cheryl is a cancer survivor.  I would assume it was her choice to not attend and be exposed in any way.

She retired last year

• Useful 6
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, GonnahearmeRoar said:

Sydney is chunky dancing because she needs to lose weight.  Should have watched what she ate BEFORE TC🤮 Don’t get to tryouts on an empty stomach. That would be bad, very, very bad! In my best Tony Horton voice P90X🤣

I don't get this "Sydney is fat" talk.  WTF? 

The only thing wrong with her look is the hair.

• Love 13

I’m surprised no one’s commented on the weird midday interview between K&J and Alora-Rose, where they asked her to compare learning DCC routines and Rockette routines. Really, Kelly?  It seemed liked she was almost begging to hear how much better DCC dancing was than the Rockettes.  They are TWO DIFFERENT STYLES!  DCC is learning the routines and “dancing Big” to make yourself stand out while the Rockettes are precision dancing with your teammates while expecting to be proficient in many different dance types. They have their own eye-high kicking and are not hanging onto each other’s shoulders. They also perform, in non-pandemic years, 4 or more times a day/3-4 days a week. 

Does Kelly secretly wish she’d been a Rockette? 

Edited by Originalroux
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10

I liked the first episode because one could see the different teams in wide shots and close shots, which enabled me to really see the TCC's dance and compare them. I missed this in this episode where wanted more dancing with a clear overview like last episode. Now they cut throught the teams to show the dancing and it was hard to compare.

On 12/2/2020 at 4:47 PM, vanillagum said:

Ugh, Amelia is STUNNING. I want her eyes. I think everyone had an equal chance at the beginning since they all had previous time to learn all the dances, but when they had to learn it on the spot, she crumbled, and it became apparent she was behind. Poor thing. God, I wish I could know what lip color she was wearing, especially at the end. I need it. 

I'm continually shocked at how thick Sydney is—have you ever seen an ass like that on this show? Holy crap. They must really love her Pro Bowl past; I can't see her being picked for this otherwise, based on their weight standards. I don't like her at all and hopefully her makeover works some magic, if she gets there, but right now she looks a mess. 

It was funny they had to keep telling Jada to speed up—her limbs are so long it takes her extra time to move. Have you ever seen legs that long? My god. 

Claire D. is...not cute. Based on this ep and the peek at next week, Alora Rose is giving Meredith struggle bus vibes. 

McKenzie is so cute! Shannan and Tori and Jessica are just BORING. In looks and dance. Talk about filler.

I have a soft spot for Sheridan for some reason. Kelli seemed SO uninterested in talking to her during uniform fittings. Ugh. 

Amelia is really Wonder Woman. So pretty. Top 20 of all time. I think that Dani is also very special. A certified powerhouse. I also liked McKenzie. She is such a great dancer. Elli and Armani are also so strong. Just like Claire. All point girl potential.

• Love 2

Enjoying seeing a bit more dancing than usual.

Confused how it's going to play out. There seems to be only one more episode without the vets. 

I thought tonight's show covered 2 days but Kelli had the same gold blouse and skirt on both days. As usual her hair and make up were perfect but her outfit just didn't flatter her at all. When she was sitting down, her boobs looked like they were sitting on her stomach. She needs better bras.