Type keyword(s) to search

Celebrity Wheel Of Fortune - General Discussion

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Isn't this just chump change for Robert?

I knew both Robert and Alfonso from Dancing with the Stars and was pretty sure that Kym (his wife) might have killed him had he not gotten even one of the "...dance lessons" clues considering DWTS is how they met! Good for Robert for coming from behind to win the second game.

Bachelor Chris Harrison cleaned up in the first game and Alfonso was not having it. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I knew both Robert and Alfonso from Dancing with the Stars and was pretty sure that Kym (his wife) might have killed him had he not gotten even one of the "...dance lessons" clues considering DWTS is how they met! Good for Robert for coming from behind to win the second game.

Bachelor Chris Harrison cleaned up in the first game and Alfonso was not having it. 

Alfonso was a little annoying after the bonus round saying something to the effect that they knew the answer.  I know he was joking but....  And I was thinking, of course you did, you weren't the one standing there under pressure to get it.  It is always different when you are doing the round.  

55 minutes ago, alexa said:

Alfonso was a little annoying after the bonus round saying something to the effect that they knew the answer.  I know he was joking but....  And I was thinking, of course you did, you weren't the one standing there under pressure to get it.  It is always different when you are doing the round.  

Yeah, I do pretty well answering the puzzles from my living room, but I'm pretty sure I'd be awful if I was ever on the actual show!

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Yeah, I do pretty well answering the puzzles from my living room, but I'm pretty sure I'd be awful if I was ever on the actual show!

I didn't realize how hard it was until playing it on my son's Nintendo switch as competition with others.  When you are on the spot and it is your turn it is so much harder!  Things you know you would get if you were just observing just don't come to your brain when you are playing 🙂

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Isn't this just chump change for Robert?

It's probably chump change for all of them, including Pat and Vanna. I really like Robert though.

Wheel is catching some heat today because of Harrison.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

It's probably chump change for all of them, including Pat and Vanna. I really like Robert though.

Wheel is catching some heat today because of Harrison.

Maybe I was just imagining it, but it seemed like they may have edited it to show CH as little as possible. Obviously they had to show him when he was actively playing, but it seemed like he got fewer "other contestant" reaction shots than Robert or Alfonso did.

Although I am glad that Amber won a lot of money for her charity, I really could not enjoy this episode as Jeff Garlin just would not shut-up and most of what he said was nonsense.  I never had an opinion on him prior to this, but, wow, was he desperate to put all of the attention on himself.  So very, very annoying.  I laughed when at one point Donny just told him to spin the wheel and Amber was nodding in agreement.  It's like he held the show and viewers as hostages.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, helpmerhonda said:

Wow. Jeff Garlin was so very obnoxious.

I thought he was kind of funny at the beginning, comparing his level of celebrity with Donny Osmond's, but I admit I skipped/FF'd through a lot that followed.

9 minutes ago, MsMalin said:

Normally I love Jeff Garlic on his various shows but man, I wished he would just stfu. Talk about attention seeking behavior!

So happy to see the million dollar winner!

I know it’s an autocorrect but now I also love Jeff Garlic. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I think half these contestants are worse in reality than the spoofs in SNL's Celebrity Jeopardy.    Since Trebek and Connery have passed away, maybe they should use this show for a new series of skits.

Seriously, Garlin needed to STFU.  Did no one try to reign him in between commercials?  

I don’t normally watch the celebrity version but I did tonight. Now, I know why I shouldn’t. Marcia Cross has obviously never watched the show before and also doesn’t know her vowels. She asked for a Y as one of her vowels in the bonus round. OMG!!!!!!

I'm watching an episode with Tatyana Ali, Curtis Stone and Haley Joel Osment.  (Comcast says it's "new" but they say that about fifty year old Star Trek episodes, so who knows.)  Did anyone else find it hilarious that Curtis Stone (whom I love) had no idea what the game was all about for the first half, before someone from production must have told him how it worked?

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Leeds said:

I'm watching an episode with Tatyana Ali, Curtis Stone and Haley Joel Osment.  (Comcast says it's "new" but they say that about fifty year old Star Trek episodes, so who knows.)  Did anyone else find it hilarious that Curtis Stone (whom I love) had no idea what the game was all about for the first half, before someone from production must have told him how it worked?

I found it a little surprising that Pat (apparently) didn't know who Benedict Cumberbatch is!

• Love 2

Recently gave this a watch on Hulu.

Enjoyed how much of a WoF wizard Jason Alexander was in his episode.

Jeff Garlin was “out there” during his episode. I could only imagine what Pat and the others were thinking during that.

I still have a few episodes to watch yet.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, Virtual said:

Jeff Garlin was “out there” during his episode. I could only imagine what Pat and the others were thinking during that.

You can say that again!   Hopefully they'll never invite him back.  He was definitely the worst and most obnoxious celebrity that they had on for the season!

• Applause 1
  • Love 1

Okay, I tried to watch for Ron Funches and Kevin McKidd's accent, but I don't think I can take much more.

(Edit: I made it 21 minutes. So. much. yelling.) 

Edited by ams1001
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Okay, I tried to watch for Ron Funches and Kevin McKidd's accent, but I don't think I can take much more.

I was going to watch because of Kevin McKidd's accent but went to check something during the first game and never came back. I at least got to hear Kevin speak in the opening segment so I was good. I was a fan WAY before he was on GA.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I was going to watch because of Kevin McKidd's accent but went to check something during the first game and never came back. I at least got to hear Kevin speak in the opening segment so I was good. I was a fan WAY before he was on GA.

I haven't seen him in much outside of GA except for that movie he did with Patrick Dempsey, where his character was conveniently Scottish, and as one of the voices in Brave. I would probably like Dr. Owen Hunt better if he had the accent. ;) 

If it's any consolation, by the time I bailed he hadn't talked much in the game. Kristen Schaal pretty much dominated, at least in the first 20 minutes.

Edited by ams1001
  • Like 1

Just watched the most recent episode with Kate Flannery and Austin Creed (I forget who the third celebrity was) and I just need to say that Austin Creed is my new most favorite celebrity.  I had never heard of him before (he's WWF or something) but he was just so fun and kind.  Oh, and he was the big winner.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
On 10/31/2022 at 3:26 PM, seacliffsal said:

Just watched the most recent episode with Kate Flannery and Austin Creed (I forget who the third celebrity was) and I just need to say that Austin Creed is my new most favorite celebrity.  I had never heard of him before (he's WWF or something) but he was just so fun and kind.  Oh, and he was the big winner.

He's pretty great. He has a really good youtube channel, has a PHD, and is a serious gamer.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, LexieLily said:

RuPaul, Gayle King, Julie Bowen episode just finished. Had any of these people seen Wheel of Fortune before?!

Gayle kept saying how great she was when watching at home. She knew which color to wear to match her station. I like Julie so glad she did well.

10 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

Why can’t they hear me when I’m yelling, if you have a word that ends with N-blank, and you don’t know what anything else is, get the G! Multiple times!

Heh, this comment reminds me of more than one Celebrity Jeopardy contestant landing on a daily double and wagering something like $59.

(edited)

I thought this was the season premiere for the summer but my guide says it was season finale.  Ken seemed a little perturbed to be there at first but her got better.  Overall a good episode.   They usually make the bonus round puzzles a little easier for the celebrities.  Mayim's was long but I thought I was able to get it with the letters she picked.   Ken's was ridiculously hard and relied on pure luck of picking the right one or two letters. 

Edited by Maverick
48 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

Tonight’s celebrities were Ken Jennings, Mayim Bialik, and Vanna White. Fun game. 

It wasnt until tonight that I noticed both Ken & Mayim are 'Lefties".  And Maggie Sajak is a very glamorous young woman

• Like 1

I don't watch often but Vanna White, after having seemingly never aged for decades, does not look good in close up with her troweled on makeup and cheek implants.  And Pat Sajak needs to lose the eyeliner.

(edited)

Was Vanna supposed to throw the game by twice asking for letters that had already been played? Or is there some early dementia issue going on?
And then she left everything but “Wordle” unsolved for Mayim, after which Pat mentioned Vanna was a Wordle player.  
And then when Vanna had a perfect zero at the end, it turned out they planned to give her charity $30k.
I guess Vanna didn’t want to break character as a pretty place holder?  
Oh well. Kudos to the Wheel’s powers that be for not replacing her with someone younger while she can still do what she’s always done, and still doing it gracefully in heels.
Or maybe kudos to Vanna for hiring a lawyer whenever they did try to replace her with someone younger.

I appreciated how Ken was able to fill in the blanks by looking at the lengths of the words and tapping into his now-well-tuned knowledge of popular phrases. Plus, he's just good at playing games of mental acuity in front of an audience.

Is it wrong that I loved Pat’s line about wondering if he should call the paramedics for Mayim? I mean, it was a joke.
But in addition to getting stressed when competing on The Wheel, I’ve noticed when hosting Jeopardy!  Mayim has a visceral reaction to loud sounds and/or flashing lights, which is unfortunate for a game show host or participant.
But her stress response seemed to also stimulate her to perform mentally on The Wheel. I guess whatever trauma she experienced as a child actor is working for her?

Edited by shapeshifter
3 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

And then when Vanna had a perfect zero at the end, it turned out they planned to give her charity $30k.

Actually, she had $2000 from the first game. And in all the Celeb WoF games, the minimum is $30K for the charity (you made it sound as if it was something special giving her charity $30K).

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
19 hours ago, Leeds said:

I don't watch often but Vanna White, after having seemingly never aged for decades, does not look good in close up with her troweled on makeup and cheek implants.  And Pat Sajak needs to lose the eyeliner.

I’ll just say, I’m within a few months of  Vanna’s age, and if you put photos of us up against each other, there’s no doubt who’s more likely to be the tv-ready star. (Hint - it’s not me.) But now I have to keep an eye out for Pat’s eyeliner!

• Wink 1
  • LOL 1