Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E18: 99 Problems and An Ex Is One

• Start Topic

Jessica and Maurice get the shock of their lifetime on their big wedding day.

It's the season finale.  We get the ever-so-romantic wedding when a handsome but surprisingly naive former inmate weds an unappealing woman who squeezes herself into a sausage casing, er, gown.  Bring your tissues.  You may not cry from joy at the wedding but you may well cry laughing as we say adieu to this season's couples; that is, until some of them come back for Life After Lockup. 

Original air date 2020.11.13

• LOL 5
23 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Just watched the sneak peek for this episode, and I am even firmer in my position that Shawn and Destinie disgust me.

There was something almost endearing about our goddess. They were screwed up, but you still got the sense that they cared about each other in some way. They just needed tons of therapy and rehab. I'm rooting for her. Conversely, there's NOTHING redeemable about Destinee. Nothing. 

I continue to be flabbergasted comparing Instagram Heather to Show Heather. There's some fuckery going on there for sure. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

There was something almost endearing about our goddess. They were screwed up, but you still got the sense that they cared about each other in some way. They just needed tons of therapy and rehab. I'm rooting for her. Conversely, there's NOTHING redeemable about Destinee. Nothing. 

I continue to be flabbergasted comparing Instagram Heather to Show Heather. There's some fuckery going on there for sure. 

What’s Heather’s IG? Thanks in advance!

I was practically cheering for Kelly when she was telling Destinie where to go and how to get there. You could see the shock and hurt in her eyes when Destinie announced that Shawn had proposed. I just can’t get over the fact that he would rather marry a violent felon than the mother of his six children. What a douche! The sex must be out of this world. 

I got a kick out of this epilogue at the end. “Tyrese is still dating......felons.”

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

Kelly really had Destinie’s cracked out treasure troll ass shook...done shook!  She might gave stung Kelly temporarily with the engagement, but that comment about the other girlfriends rattled her chains. She couldn’t bounce back so she left. 

Also Destinie has no chin and is going to look like Tom Turk by the age of 40. (My apologies to the turkey community. They don’t deserve to be besmirched by such a skank.)

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Actually, I think I'm in love with Density.  She's all out, that's for sure.  Shawn must be on dick drive, turbo, so you have to respect her sexual prowess.  She just yells and yells, and he puts his tail between his legs and follows her about six feet behind.  Therapy?  Hah!  I'd like to hear Density take on any therapist you'd care to bring her up against.  Nope.  My money is on Density, and learning that Shawn is still on the hook for the $50,000 just ices my cake.  Maybe her sexual powers aren't that great after all; it's just money.

And Heather, Heather, Heather.  She demonstrates the many colors of Benetton, or something.  I've wasted my 70 years, not realizing how I could have pushed men around.  Dammit to hell.  Talk about a chameleon--at the end of the episode, where she tells her side of what happened, my heart melted and at the same time swelled with pride over her womanly powers.

• LOL 4
8 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Kelly really had Destinie’s cracked out treasure troll ass shook...done shook!

All Destiny kept saying was "I'm gonna beat her ass"!! Ok, tough chick, simmer down. When she was yelling about beating ass, Shawn said nooo, then you will go back to jail. But, I will bail you out. What in the hell? Did I hear that right? This guy ain't right in the head! He will not be happy until she pisses away every dime he has. Shawn acts like a battered spouse. Always trying to appease this nutjob, agreeing with everything she says just to keep her from losing her shit. 

I checked out Heather's IG. I guess anybody can call themselves a model now a days. Jeesh, she looks old and rough. I continue to love Dylan. I hope he stays on track. 

Quaylon has more sense than Shavel. I hope he sticks to his guns regarding putting a ring on it. 

Another one with sense: Lindsey's mom. Having the kid with Lindsey is a trial run. If she wants to go back to grandma, then she goes back to grandma. Thank god for grandma. 

John and Kristianne- so sick of all the crying and I love you's. The sister, the mother, Kristianne, John. All crying and hugging. All the time. Someone needs to hold her accountable for the screw up she is. But instead all they do is cry over how much they need her. Now she has John taking care of her family while she's out shooting up drugs. How about telling her this is her last chance to get herself together and to make the best of it while she's incarcerated again and try to learn to be a better person. Ugh! I dislike Kristianne as much as I dislike Destiny and Lindsey, just in a much different way. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 11
12 hours ago, mamadrama said:

https://www.instagram.com/1heathergee/

It's a wild ride. Read the comments. She spills a lot of tea. Half of it might even be true. 

Okay, granted I just got my ass out of bed and perhaps am not fully coherent.

But why the actual fuck does she hashtag every single one of her posts with #BLM?

I'm 99.9% sure the BLM movement could not give even half a fuck that she had banana muffins for breakfast.

I'm also 99.9% sure the BLM movement does not want her hijacking their hashtag to promote herself about things that have 0 relevance to BLM.  

This woman is straight up crazy.  

ETA:  Upon further scrolling, It's apparently only on more recent posts where every one has the #BLM hashtag.  I guess her attempts at self-promotion know no bounds. 

Also, did I hear Dylan correctly last night when he said that entire debacle unfolded in less than 48 hours?    

Edited by Persnickety1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

All Destiny kept saying was "I'm gonna beat her ass"!! Ok, tough chick, simmer down. When she was yelling about beating ass, Shawn said nooo, then you will go back to jail. But, I will bail you out. What in the hell? Did I hear that right? This guy ain't right in the head! He will not be happy until she pisses away every dime he has. Shawn acts like a battered spouse. Always trying to appease this nutjob, agreeing with everything she says just to keep her from losing her shit. 

I didn't even think about this, but having her back in jail is the surest way to keep his $50,000 safe.  So I take back my speculation that it isn't her sexual prowess but money that's keeping him in line.  It's totally sex--and didn't she say he was no big deal in the sack?  Density moves higher up on my board of dancers who will get to do a solo next time.  She rocks.

Another one with sense: Lindsey's mom. Having the kid with Lindsey is a trial run. If she wants to go back to grandma, then she goes back to grandma. Thank god for grandma. 

I've worried about that child from the start, and now seeing Lindsey's appraising look at the child's chubby body--or *looks* rather; she did it more than once--I hope grandma stays close and in touch.  The little girl's pleasure with the room Flappy had for her chafed Lindsey's ass, I bet.  If the kid sticks around, she may well provide a reality check for her loony mom.

John and Kristianne- so sick of all the crying and I love you's. The sister, the mother, Kristianne, John. All crying and hugging. All the time. Someone needs to hold her accountable for the screw up she is. But instead all they do is cry over how much they need her. Now she has John taking care of her family while she's out shooting up drugs. How about telling her this is her last chance to get herself together and to make the best of it while she's incarcerated again and try to learn to be a better person. Ugh! I dislike Kristianne as much as I dislike Destiny and Lindsey, just in a much different way. 

I'm pulling for these crazy kids.  John is totally coo-coo, but in a benign way.  He totally buys into the old-fashioned idea that the man is responsible for the females under his care, and he is taking on what I thought would be a disgusting burden.  But the mother and sister have turned out to be kind of sweet imo, and I think John respects Kristianne for wanting him to care for her family.  It will probably turn out to be a shit-storm, of course, but I admire their innocent belief that they and their love can conquer if not all at least enough of it to count.

You have to give old Jessica's dad props for stoically (for the most part) donning his neon and cardboard wedding outfit and walking his zombie daughter down the aisle.  And he cried throughout the wedding, bless his heart.  The sister?  I want the back story here.  Her mom, as do moms everywhere, is strong enough for the whole family and will see this through.  I'm glad Maurice repaid the ring money, but I still think he's no good, he's no good, baby he's no good.

Edited by Mothra
AZC I luv you
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Mothra said:

You have to give old Heather's dad props for stoically (for the most part) donning his neon and cardboard wedding outfit and walking his zombie daughter down the aisle.  And he cried throughout the wedding, bless his heart.  The sister?  I want the back story here.  Her mom, as do moms everywhere, is strong enough for the whole family and will see this through.  I'm glad Maurice repaid the ring money, but I still think he's no good, he's no good, baby he's no good.

(Did you mean Jessica?)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Also, did I hear Dylan correctly last night when he said that entire debacle unfolded in less than 48 hours?    

Yep. Basically when she screamed "get out of my life" and left him on the side of the road, that was it, according to him. Dylan's mom and Heather kind of look alike - he has a thing for women with dyed red hair. That was a very nice place he had.

24 minutes ago, Mothra said:

I've worried about that child from the start, and now seeing Lindsey's appraising look at the child's chubby body--or *looks* rather; she did it more than once--I hope grandma stays close and in touch. 

Me too. She's mature in the way that kids are when they've seen too much at too young an age. I can totally see her raising Lindsey, not the other way around.

24 minutes ago, Mothra said:

I'm glad Maurice repaid the ring money, but I still think he's no good, he's no good, baby he's no good.

Oh, I love him. I think he's funny and charming, and with direction he could go very far. He's in a very hard position with Jessica's family - he's a felon, and there are some uncomfortable racial undertones with them that I would bet he's picked up on, and he's handling it very well. They are not a pair you would think would get together, but they seem happy.

10 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I am #TeamKelly all the way. Although I DO question her judgment in men...

100%. If Shawn wants to be with a woman who wants to beat up the mother of his kids for no reason (she came in hot straight out of the gate), let him do that. If you declare your intent to change your number so the mother of your kids can't get in touch with you, you've forfeited your right to see your kids as far as I'm concerned. Destinie said they can just call him. What if there's an emergency? They can't call him if they're unconscious (God forbid). 

Not only did Destinie say she'd beat up Kelly (many times), he supported her saying it. I don't know if Kelly can fight, but Destinie learned real quick that Kelly is not Shawn, who just lets her pop off and doesn't check her. I loved that she stood up for herself and called Destinie out at every chance, and she even told Shawn a few times not to speak to her disrespectfully.

• Love 13

Unless Dylan is exceptionally manipulative & a good actor, he comes across very well and Heather seems extremely paranoid and crazy.  Why she would spend 5 years on this relationship and then dump him within 48 hours of release, seems odd to me. He’s a handsome guy and if he’s not playing us, seems fairly sensitive. I wish him luck. Or did we all get played by Heather’s desire for fame?   Meanwhile, how did Scott not know about Lindsey’s six year relationship with Tarabelle?  He moved to Mississippi and had a relationship with her mother and daughter, or so he said.  It amazes me that none of these men have a clue about what bitches these women are until the minute they get out.  

• Love 5

@Mothra -  i haven't watched the episode yet, but its stupid for Jessica's family to think Maurice paying back a relatively small amount is proof that he is a "good guy."  It was mildly condescending and patronizing for Jessica's father to think that $1000 was the "test" and that Maurice is so simple that he would either take it and run and he would know that Maurice is bad or that he would know Maurice is "good" if he paid it back.  

Like every episode of American Greed features someone who paid back a small sum of money at first to show that they were trustworthy, but once they scored the big pile of money (normally someone's 401k) thats when they bounced.  Anyone with half a brain is going to wait for the big score...or for a bigger score.  

The fact that Jessica's father thinks that Maurice is so simple makes him less sympathetic to me and I won't cry when they get scammed.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, RealReality said:

@Mothra -  i haven't watched the episode yet, but its stupid for Jessica's family to think Maurice paying back a relatively small amount is proof that he is a "good guy."  It was mildly condescending and patronizing for Jessica's father to think that $1000 was the "test" and that Maurice is so simple that he would either take it and run and he would know that Maurice is bad or that he would know Maurice is "good" if he paid it back.  

Like every episode of American Greed features someone who paid back a small sum of money at first to show that they were trustworthy, but once they scored the big pile of money (normally someone's 401k) thats when they bounced.  Anyone with half a brain is going to wait for the big score...or for a bigger score.  

The fact that Jessica's father thinks that Maurice is so simple makes him less sympathetic to me and I won't cry when they get scammed.  

Oh, you *know* I have no faith in Maurice, and I don't read anything into his repaying Jessica's father, but I'm glad he did it all the same.  Jessica's parents are trying so hard to accept Maurice (and his family) that even though I agree that father Jessica has been and is patronizing Mo that I'm kind of in awe of him.  Jessica's parents, judging from what we saw of their house, are folks of depressingly bad (IMO!  IMO!) taste, and it's clear to me that their idea of what is appropriate and attractive is pretty fixed and boring; yet they are both trying to be gracious about the taste of Mo (and Jessica, I guess) in male wedding attire and hospitality.  I don't think father Jessica thinks Mo is simple, exactly; I think--to his credit--that he grasps that the culture that nurtured Mo, and that his daughter has embraced, is very different from his own, to the point of being sometimes embarrassing to him.  I give him props for being gracious as he has been--he is an old guy and probably has never been required to embrace a culture different from his own, be it African-American or South Asian or whatever.

No, Maurice is trouble, no question.

• Love 6

Shovel can fuck off with her whole "he's had X years to get his life in order" . He was in prison during that time. Dude's never had a job, responsibilities, bills, etc. I just can't with these women who assume that the second these guys leave prison they're meant to have careers and be ready for instant families. 

• Love 17
20 hours ago, Mothra said:

You have to give old Jessica's dad props for stoically (for the most part) donning his neon and cardboard wedding outfit and walking his zombie daughter down the aisle.  And he cried throughout the wedding, bless his heart.  The sister?  I want the back story here.  Her mom, as do moms everywhere, is strong enough for the whole family and will see this through.  I'm glad Maurice repaid the ring money, but I still think he's no good, he's no good, baby he's no good.

Thank you, dear @Mothra for my first hearty laugh of the day! What is up with Jessica? She is definitely medicated. Over medicated. Self medicated. Something. Her affect is so odd. That thing with her sister is curious. And Maurice? Will be history in no time. 

Dylan is selling solar panels or some such? And making more money doing it than he ever did selling drugs? (because he can't snort up all the solar panels, I guess?). I think about the times my husband has let charming young men who are shilling replacement windows or roofing or energy efficient insulation at BJ's come over and roam through our house to give us "free estimates". Yikes. 

• Love 6

It has been nagging at me all season, but I knew Dylan reminded me of someone.  

Too bad he isn't an actor.  Maybe he could land a gig playing this hottie's (Jesse Williams of Grey's Anatomy) younger brother.  

greysanatomy.jpg

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 2

Just finished, and have to say, Lover After Lockup brought it!

1. I've watch a lot of trash reality TV, and Shawn is, by far, the worst person.  He absolutely deserves Destinee.  I cannot believe a grown ass man fixed his mouth to pick that trash bag of a woman over his children.  I don't care if it was Jennifer Lopez, you don't pick a woman over your kids.  He only mumbled and backtracked when he realized what he had said on camera.  Kelly needs to get an official child support order in place because Shawn is a malignant idiot who will let his trashbag girlfriend gamble away his money.  And if he and Destinee marry, it'll be 10x worse.  

2.  Shavel fails to take any responsibility for her daughter calling Quaylon daddy.  JFC, that poor poor child, being constantly used as a pawn.  She doesn't even talk about her relationship with the child out of earshot.  

3.  The whole Shavel/Quaylon storyline is full of unfortunate fashion choices and stupid decisions.  When was the last time gold lipstick was en vogue?  And with that bright pink eyeshadow? Like no.  And Shavel apparently stole someone else's foundation, because that was not a match.  Then there is the fact that both pairs of Quaylon's glasses are terrible.  And why the hell would you fly back home and get someone a gift from the airport when they live in that city?  As soon as I hit the gate in my destination city I make a beeline for my ride home.  And why would he buy anything when its hugely overpriced?  I have an actual job, and probably more assets to my name than Quaylon, but I'm not paying 25% more to buy a stuffed animal in a gift shop.  

3. I've softened on Jessica's dad.  I liked that he made the effort to visit Maurice's family and I don't think he was condescending or rude like Jessica when he was there.  And I'm sure he was out of his comfort zone.  He really tried and I like that.  Now I'll feel bad when Maurice screws them over.  

4.  Something just stinks about Dylan's story.  If I'm reading between the lines, he is one of those people who come door to door and bother me while I'm working.  No WAY he is making enough doing that to afford the monthly rent on a nice two bedroom apartment and eating steaks every night.  I've seen the people who do that job and I did something similar when I was much, much, much younger.  Dylan is a nice looking guy but I'm not putting solar panels on my house for him.  I'd have an easier time believing Dylan if he was into Herbalife or something.  I saw that he was on Reddit the other night doing an AMA, but I didn't read through it.  I think he might be selling drugs undercover.  

5.  I decided I like native John.  His look is silly and insulting, but he has been a stand up guy for Kristiana.  Her sister looks like she is doing all the drugs, so he had better watch out for that.  

On 11/13/2020 at 10:22 PM, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Kelly really had Destinie’s cracked out treasure troll ass shook...done shook!  She might gave stung Kelly temporarily with the engagement, but that comment about the other girlfriends rattled her chains. She couldn’t bounce back so she left. 

Also Destinie has no chin and is going to look like Tom Turk by the age of 40. (My apologies to the turkey community. They don’t deserve to be besmirched by such a skank.)

I think Destinee is wildly unattractive.  She thinks Shawn is lucky to have her, but I think they are well matched.  Destinee, IMO, has the trademarks of a bully.  She saw that she couldn't talk shit to Kelly and so she talked shit and yelled at mealy mouthed Shawn.  He deserves every second of misery he puts him through.  

• Love 9
13 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Shovel can fuck off with her whole "he's had X years to get his life in order" . He was in prison during that time. Dude's never had a job, responsibilities, bills, etc. I just can't with these women who assume that the second these guys leave prison they're meant to have careers and be ready for instant families. 

Yeah, but they promised while they were in prison!  No fair!

• LOL 10

Oh, and before I forget.  It strikes me that the only reason Quaylon went back to Shavel is because she is happy to enable him.  His mother expected that he get a solid job and wouldn't entertain his rap star fantasies while "doing hair on the side"  His mother expected him to get up at some hour of the morning and get a move on.  His mother isn't bribing him with a car.  

Shavel on the other hand, "encourages" his dreams, which I assume means that she enables him, maybe lets him work a few hours at her salon and pays all the bills.  She bought him a truck and he probably doesn't have to do very much.  He doesn't even have to marry her, he can just string her along and if Shavel gets feisty, he can just threaten to go back to his mommas house.  

I also feel sorry for Miley Grace and Lindsay's mom.  Lindsay is a selfish human being and the minute Dylan comes over selling solar panels, she will be gone.  It will not matter one iota to her that Scott seems to be a good father figure for Miley Grace and seemed naturally happy to watch her play videogames.  It will not matter one bit that she will break her daughters house and take her out of a stable home.  It will not matter that she will again be burdening her mother.  It won't matter, Lindsay doesn't care and I feel so sorry for that poor child.  

On an unrelated note, why did the camera film a white car to show that Quaylon was going home but he got into a black suburban?

• Love 9
2 hours ago, ethalfrida said:

I thought Quaylon said he worked in the graphic arts department of a solar panels company...

That was Dylan

4 hours ago, RealReality said:

Oh, and before I forget.  It strikes me that the only reason Quaylon went back to Shavel is because she is happy to enable him.  His mother expected that he get a solid job and wouldn't entertain his rap star fantasies while "doing hair on the side"  His mother expected him to get up at some hour of the morning and get a move on.  His mother isn't bribing him with a car.  

Thank you! I said the exact same thing.  The only reason he's suddenly decided to "do the right thing" and go back to Shovel is because his mother expected him to get his act together and start supporting himself.

• Love 7
23 hours ago, RealReality said:

Kelly needs to get an official child support order in place because Shawn is a malignant idiot who will let his trashbag girlfriend gamble away his money. 

VERY IMPORTANT! ...and, if Kelly's smart, she needs a SMARTER attorney and insists on:

• Life insurance on Scott, paid by Scott with the children as beneficiaries
  • An ironclad will with the children listed as beneficiaries
  • See that the children are included as beneficiaries (if only partially) on any employer benefits of Scott's: insurance, 401K, etc.

Kelly can explain to Scott that it's "just paper," that it doesn't cost him a thing.  Don't let Shawn squirm out of child support it by saying that he gives "a lot already."  That's gonna stop if Destinee stays around.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 3
On 11/14/2020 at 10:06 AM, Mothra said:

The little girl's pleasure with the room Flappy had for her

"Flappy," huh?  I never did understand what happened to his top lip.  Does anyone here really know?  It seems to be continually lubricated.

• LOL 1
8 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

What is up with Jessica? She is definitely medicated. Over medicated. Self medicated. Something. Her affect is so odd.

Ever since we first "met" Jessica, I've thought she could be on the austism spectrum.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, RealReality said:

Yeah, but they promised while they were in prison!  No fair!

It's like when I got home from my same-day gallbladder surgery and my husband immediately handed me our 1 month old and toddler and started getting ready for bed. I was like WTF, and he's all, "Yeah, but YOU slept at the hospital..." Not the same dude, not the same...

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

That was Dylan

Thank you! I said the exact same thing.  The only reason he's suddenly decided to "do the right thing" and go back to Shovel is because his mother expected him to get his act together and start supporting himself.

Thank you. Yes, I did mean Dylan.

Jessica's dad just seems like a nice dad trying to support his daughter. I did have to crack up when Maurice and his cousin and his friend ran out of gas lol. Jessica's sister was pretty. Q seems like a good guy. But he's no victim. Shavel seems like a nice single mom who wants love like anyone else. At least she doesn't choose to take her clothes off on a web cam "to survive". Heather is a big joke to me lol. She's so stupid and stupid looking haha. Dylan's apartment is nice,I was actually jealous of it lol. He has the looks to be considered good looking but he doesn't do it for me lol. Lindsay is a very self centered person. Destiny is a straight demon. Poor Kelly,Shawn is a weak guy smh. I feel for his poor kids they have to see their dad betraying them on tv like this smh. Now John has a mom and sister in his house,but not his woman lol. Drug addicts are manipulative af lol. I hope John doesn't start sleeping with the sister,11 months is a long time.....in quarantine.

• Love 2

I started to question my life choices when I saw Dylan's apartment. I wanted a tour of the rest of it but I thought the kitchen was gorgeous. 

How does Dylan have a nicer kitchen than mine when I've been a gainfully employed person all my life with no record?

I don't know what else to say about the rest of the show. These characters all drive me crazy. 

Jessica/Maurice - her slow talk and dead affect, and half/fully closing her eyes when she speaks really bugs. The tacky wedding suits killed me.

Destinee/Shawn - Destinee is an awful human being. Fighting is her go to response to everything, dude (how many times did she say dude last night? I lost count.) Shawn is absolutely p---y whipped. I don't know how else to describe it. 

Kristianna/John - no John, it's not your fault that she relapsed and is back in jail, you can't love away an addict's problems. Kristianna, her sister and mom are a rough looking trio. John's no prize either. 

Heather - Now I don't know what's real on this show or not. But Heather talking about Dylan and completely glossing over her batshit crazy behavior was laughable. She is certifiable. And a very rough looking "model."

Lindsey/Scott - Lindsey is terrible too.  I wonder if Scott watched last night's episode and realized what a fool he's been?

• Love 7
On 11/14/2020 at 8:56 PM, Mothra said:

Oh, you *know* I have no faith in Maurice, and I don't read anything into his repaying Jessica's father, but I'm glad he did it all the same.  Jessica's parents are trying so hard to accept Maurice (and his family) that even though I agree that father Jessica has been and is patronizing Mo that I'm kind of in awe of him.  Jessica's parents, judging from what we saw of their house, are folks of depressingly bad (IMO!  IMO!) taste, and it's clear to me that their idea of what is appropriate and attractive is pretty fixed and boring; yet they are both trying to be gracious about the taste of Mo (and Jessica, I guess) in male wedding attire and hospitality.  I don't think father Jessica thinks Mo is simple, exactly; I think--to his credit--that he grasps that the culture that nurtured Mo, and that his daughter has embraced, is very different from his own, to the point of being sometimes embarrassing to him.  I give him props for being gracious as he has been--he is an old guy and probably has never been required to embrace a culture different from his own, be it African-American or South Asian or whatever.

HAHA!  Yes, depressingly bad.

23 hours ago, RealReality said:

3.  The whole Shavel/Quaylon storyline is full of unfortunate fashion choices and stupid decisions.  When was the last time gold lipstick was en vogue?  And with that bright pink eyeshadow? Like no.  And Shavel apparently stole someone else's foundation, because that was not a match.  Then there is the fact that both pairs of Quaylon's glasses are terrible.  And why the hell would you fly back home and get someone a gift from the airport when they live in that city?  As soon as I hit the gate in my destination city I make a beeline for my ride home.  And why would he buy anything when its hugely overpriced?  I have an actual job, and probably more assets to my name than Quaylon, but I'm not paying 25% more to buy a stuffed animal in a gift shop.  

4.  Something just stinks about Dylan's story.  If I'm reading between the lines, he is one of those people who come door to door and bother me while I'm working.  No WAY he is making enough doing that to afford the monthly rent on a nice two bedroom apartment and eating steaks every night.  I've seen the people who do that job and I did something similar when I was much, much, much younger.  Dylan is a nice looking guy but I'm not putting solar panels on my house for him.  I'd have an easier time believing Dylan if he was into Herbalife or something.  I saw that he was on Reddit the other night doing an AMA, but I didn't read through it.  I think he might be selling drugs undercover.  

I think Destinee is wildly unattractive.  She thinks Shawn is lucky to have her, but I think they are well matched.  Destinee, IMO, has the trademarks of a bully.  She saw that she couldn't talk shit to Kelly and so she talked shit and yelled at mealy mouthed Shawn.  He deserves every second of misery he puts him through.  

I agree with everything you wrote, but I laughed at both of Quail's glasses being terrible.  I noticed that there was a second pair, and I never notice stuff like that.

I agree something is not adding up with Dylan.  I imagine that the apartment is way up north in chicago, and sometimes you can get a good deal.  But I am wondering if he filmed in an airbnb, and his actual apartment is not as nice.  Also, when he said "marketing," I immediately thought TELE-marketing.  Which is fine, but usually not a lot of money.  Like, it's usually a part-time job for a college kid.  Good for him for having a job at all!  But still.

Destinee is a combo of a rat and maybe a ferret?  That mouth is ferret-like.  She was saying that giving money to the mother of Shawn's kids is "over?"  Yeah, no, lady, he still has to pay for his kids.  She doesn't even seem to LIKE Shawn.  They are both awful.

Kelly should have walked into the meeting looking a little better than she did.  She should have spruced up, looked good, plastered a smile on her face and said, "Hi, no need for you to even speak.  Shawn is all yours, thank you for taking him off my hands.  Enjoy my trash!"  And then just up and left.  She went in there looking defeated, and rejected.  She should have played it a different way.

• Love 8
52 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

How does Dylan have a nicer kitchen than mine when I've been a gainfully employed person all my life with no record?

I was wondering the same thing. 

49 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I agree something is not adding up with Dylan.  I imagine that the apartment is way up north in chicago, and sometimes you can get a good deal.  But I am wondering if he filmed in an airbnb, and his actual apartment is not as nice. 

That's a good possibility.  I'm pretty sure Shawn's house is a rental too. 

• Love 5
54 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I agree something is not adding up with Dylan.  I imagine that the apartment is way up north in chicago, and sometimes you can get a good deal.  But I am wondering if he filmed in an airbnb, and his actual apartment is not as nice.  Also, when he said "marketing," I immediately thought TELE-marketing.  Which is fine, but usually not a lot of money.  Like, it's usually a part-time job for a college kid.  Good for him for having a job at all!  But still.

I assume Dylan is going door-to-door with the pitch of “We’re installing solar panels in your neighborhood...” The way he charmed Aunt Diane with his good looks, manners, and pleasant demeanor, I bet he actually would win over quite a few housewives, who would in turn pass along the messaging to their husbands that not only will these panels save us money, but will make us money in the long run. If he could manage to get a degree (I’m assuming he hasn’t), and turn his life around, he does seem to have a natural talent for sales. Too bad he started off life in illegal “sales.” I wouldn’t think door-to-door solar panels is that lucrative, but one can make a ton of money in corporate sales supporting a customer base or district.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

Destinee is a combo of a rat and maybe a ferret? 

With a touch of angry badger perhaps?  

badger.jpg

22 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

I assume Dylan is going door-to-door with the pitch of “We’re installing solar panels in your neighborhood...” The way he charmed Aunt Diane with his good looks, manners, and pleasant demeanor, I bet he actually would win over quite a few housewives, who would in turn pass along the messaging to their husbands that not only will these panels save us money, but will make us money in the long run. If he could manage to get a degree (I’m assuming he hasn’t), and turn his life around, he does seem to have a natural talent for sales. Too bad he started off life in illegal “sales.” I wouldn’t think door-to-door solar panels is that lucrative, but one can make a ton of money in corporate sales supporting a customer base or district.

I could have misunderstood, but I believe he's not a sales representative but rather he works in graphic design for a solar company.  

If he has graphic designer skills, he could be making some pretty decent bank.  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

I had to laugh when Shawn said "I think Kelly's just jealous that I'm finally happy and in love..." all with a look on his face like he could easily jump in front of an oncoming train or fling himself off a tall building.  If FlipperTeeth is happy, I'll eat my hat. I don't think I've ever seen the guy smile.  And Destiny needs to drop the "Tough Inmate" persona.  It may work to threaten anyone who tries to steal what's "yours"-she's gone from her fellow prisoners taking her candy bars to a mother of 6 (?) "taking her man" when he is responsible for that soccer team's worth of children- but here in the real world acting like that gets you beat up or laughed at.

I sensed a huge relief when Jessica's dad gleefully relinquished  responsibility for his ditzy daughter to Maurice.  He seemed to be happy that she is now someone else's problem.

I am a little tired of the parents of the people on this show telling them they "deserve so much better."  Shavel's mother pours on the empathy while her daughter moans about giving up years of her life, how her daughter "calls him Daddy," etc.  These people need a reality check. Similarly, people like Destiny who boast "I'm gonna do what I want. I DESERVE to have fun, take your money, etc." If it's one thing I've learned in this life, is that no one should feel they deserve anything. Work for your goals, don't rely on anyone else to take care of you, and don't feel you are exempt from hardship. 

I wonder who Heather paid to take her photos for that "shoot." She is not model material. Wonder what she did with all of her Dylan tattoos in various languages. She identifies him as her "abuser" on IG but I'm not sure how much time he had to abuse her. He was too busy defending himself from her during that exciting 48 hours.

Lindsey is as shady as they come, and her mom knows it.  Thankfully Mom is watching closely so that Miley can come back as soon as things go south. 

I marvel at Christianna's voice. I mean, how does it get to that point? What  do we think she sounded like as a little girl? Her mom has the same voice.  I think the crying was a little protracted and they all seemed to act as if she is a total victim. I understand that addiction is an illness, but she has not had the wherewithal to hold it together more than a couple of days- numerous times.  She's probably better off in prison. I did feel a little sympathy for her mother, though. With a hopeless daughter (maybe 2?), seemingly very ill and probably just totally exhausted, she seemed pitiful.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

I could have misunderstood, but I believe he's not a sales representative but rather he works in graphic design for a solar company.  

I thought he said marketing. But regardless, he'll probably be OK. If he does have graphic design skills that he kept up while he was locked up, he could do well, but also, he's cute (he could get it) and appears well-spoken and people might give him a break. I am not sure I buy that the place he was in was his, but I'm not going to knock him for being gainfully employed - and if his family helped/helps him, more power to him. That's how you avoid recidivism. Quaylon's mother was trying to help him too.

1 hour ago, SevenCostanza said:

That's a good possibility.  I'm pretty sure Shawn's house is a rental too.

Agreed. There's no sign that any kids spend any time in that house.

2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

She was saying that giving money to the mother of Shawn's kids is "over?"  Yeah, no, lady, he still has to pay for his kids. 

Somebody upthread said this, but Kelly needs to take Shawn to court if she hasn't already. Put some paperwork on it, lock down child support. Give Shawn some consequences.

12 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

I had to laugh when Shawn said "I think Kelly's just jealous that I'm finally happy and in love..." all with a look on his face like he could easily jump in front of an oncoming train or fling himself off a tall building.  If FlipperTeeth is happy, I'll eat my hat. I don't think I've ever seen the guy smile. 

Even when he was talking about having sex with her, he didn't look happy. He has one of the flattest affects I've ever seen. And Kelly may have wanted him at one time (or six times, heh) but she seems pretty done. As I've said, I bet she's kicking herself for wasting so much time on him. I would be.

Destinie can't go a second without saying "dude" or cursing. She sounds so ignorant.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

I wonder who Heather paid to take her photos for that "shoot." She is not model material. Wonder what she did with all of her Dylan tattoos in various languages. She identifies him as her "abuser" on IG but I'm not sure how much time he had to abuse her. He was too busy defending himself from her during that exciting 48 hours.

My sister's stepson is married to one of these rockabilly "models."  She's posed for shoots at a buddy's garage to promote his business and another guy to showcase his muscle cars on social media.  

Pretty much she just poses for local friends trying to push their businesses on their social media platforms.  

Interestingly, this chick looks very much like Heather, down to the short red hair, makeup style, and "rockabilly" fashion style.

This chick also calls herself a "model," but she never gets paid for any shoots.  She just uses the social media platform to promote herself (not that it's worked, much as is apparently the case with Heather).  

It's reached the saturation point where pretty much anybody who has a picture taken and posts it considers themselves a "model."  

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, hookedontv said:

I started to question my life choices when I saw Dylan's apartment. I wanted a tour of the rest of it but I thought the kitchen was gorgeous. 

ack in jail, you can't love away an addict's problems. Kristianna, her sister and mom are a rough looking trio. John's no prize either. 

If Dylan is doing the door to door thing, I don't think he could afford the monthly rent on a two bedroom apartment in Chicago.  I think he said the South Side, which I've heard (HEARD!) is rough, but still.  He wouldn't just have to sell a couple of panels, I think he would have to regularly sell panels and while he is a cutie patootie, and well spoken, I (and I think a lot of people) don't really open their door with an open mind.  Sadly, I quite often open my door with an attitude, because its never just a "one knock" and gone, its like four of five set of knocks, AND a refusal to say who is at the door.  By the fifth set of knocks.....I'll open the door and we'll have a conversation, but believe me when I say, its not the one you're gonna want to have with me.  

Anyways, I suspect (SUSPECT) that if he is paying rent and buying steaks, he only has that "marketing" job on paper and he is doing something sketchy.  Either selling information from the people he sells to, selling drugs out of that apartment on the down low, or casing homes.  I just don't buy the nice guy act.  

3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

HAHA!  Yes, depressingly bad.

Kelly should have walked into the meeting looking a little better than she did.  She should have spruced up, looked good, plastered a smile on her face and said, "Hi, no need for you to even speak.  Shawn is all yours, thank you for taking him off my hands.  Enjoy my trash!"  And then just up and left.  She went in there looking defeated, and rejected.  She should have played it a different way.

That would have been so PERFECT!  Now I wish she had done that!

But, I fully agree that she should have looked better than she did going to that meeting.  She should just try a little harder, period.  It saddens me that she cares so much for Shawn who is a human piece of shit.  It seems like she thinks she can't do better.  

1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

badger.jpg

If he is a graphic designer than I agree.  But I thought it was marketing for alternative energy.....and that sounds a lot like the "resume title" for a job where you aggressively door knock and ask to speak to the "homeowner" or the "person who pays the PG&E bill" and try to sell them on something with solar panels.  

46 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

I had to laugh when Shawn said "I think Kelly's just jealous that I'm finally happy and in love..." all with a look on his face like he could easily jump in front of an oncoming train or fling himself off a tall building.  If FlipperTeeth is happy, I'll eat my hat. I don't think I've ever seen the guy smile.  And Destiny needs to drop the "Tough Inmate" persona.  It may work to threaten anyone who tries to steal what's "yours"-she's gone from her fellow prisoners taking her candy bars to a mother of 6 (?) "taking her man" when he is responsible for that soccer team's worth of children- but here in the real world acting like that gets you beat up or laughed at.

I sensed a huge relief when Jessica's dad gleefully relinquished  responsibility for his ditzy daughter to Maurice.  He seemed to be happy that she is now someone else's problem.

I am a little tired of the parents of the people on this show telling them they "deserve so much better."  Shavel's mother pours on the empathy while her daughter moans about giving up years of her life, how her daughter "calls him Daddy," etc.  These 

Interesting thoughts about Heather and that photo shoot.  I wonder if they are click bait for an "only fans" site or if she is trying to meet another man and doesn't want them to recognize her right away.  The wig was awful, but I think she looked different with it.  Maybe she is escorting?

I haven't gotten too deep into Heather's social media, because I don't want Google to know how base my interests are.  I know that even crazy people can be victims, but Heather seems like she might either make stuff up, or convince herself that something happened when it didn't.  Alls I know, is that poor girl needs help.  If she falls a rung or two further, she should be 5150'd, not only for her safety, but for everyone else.  She could have killed someone with that car on multiple occasions.  And there were times when I honestly, honestly thought she was going to crash her car into a wall as some sort of murder suicide thing.  There was a girl who did that years ago, but she drove her car on the wrong side of the road so she would cause a crash with someone else.  The girl in the other car died, IIRC and the girl with the suicide mission ended up surviving.  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

badger.jpg

HAHA!  This does look like Destiney!

Dylan definitely said marketing.  Did he mention that he has some graphic art experience?  I didn't hear that.

2 hours ago, RealReality said:

If Dylan is doing the door to door thing, I don't think he could afford the monthly rent on a two bedroom apartment in Chicago.  I think he said the South Side, which I've heard (HEARD!) is rough, but still.  He wouldn't just have to sell a couple of panels, I think he would have to regularly sell panels and while he is a cutie patootie, and well spoken, I (and I think a lot of people) don't really open their door with an open mind.  Sadly, I quite often open my door with an attitude, because its never just a "one knock" and gone, its like four of five set of knocks, AND a refusal to say who is at the door.  By the fifth set of knocks.....I'll open the door and we'll have a conversation, but believe me when I say, its not the one you're gonna want to have with me.  

Anyways, I suspect (SUSPECT) that if he is paying rent and buying steaks, he only has that "marketing" job on paper and he is doing something sketchy.  Either selling information from the people he sells to, selling drugs out of that apartment on the down low, or casing homes.  I just don't buy the nice guy act.  

I agree, if he is going door to door "marketing" then he can't be making much money.  Something about Dylan's apartment looked like a north side apartment, maybe Andersonville?  I don't know why but I had that thought.

The south side can be rough, but it depends on the neighborhood.  There are some with serious gang violence.  What's his name in the blue suit - he lives on the south side.  And in a nice-ish area.  Boy was his apartment crappy.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I thought he said marketing.

1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

Dylan definitely said marketing.  Did he mention that he has some graphic art experience?  I didn't hear that.

Not gonna lie, he could have said marketing and I misunderstood him.

I'm usually so distracted by his pretty face and overall charm that it's very possible my mind scrambled what he said 😜

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I live in Chicago, and have read that solar panels here don’t make sense because we get so little sun that you are never going to recoup the significant investment on the panels.  But he said renewable energy so maybe it’s wind or something else.  Or he may have a sugar daddy lol.