Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E18: 99 Problems and An Ex Is One

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Something about Dylan's apartment looked like a north side apartment, maybe Andersonville? 

I was too lazy at the time, but his apartment is above a business with an awning with a logo and possibly name on it, so with pausing the playback one could probably get the name and then figure out the location indirectly.

5 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

HAHA!  This does look like Destiney!

Dylan definitely said marketing.  Did he mention that he has some graphic art experience?  I didn't hear that.

I agree, if he is going door to door "marketing" then he can't be making much money.  Something about Dylan's apartment looked like a north side apartment, maybe Andersonville?  I don't know why but I had that thought.

The south side can be rough, but it depends on the neighborhood.  There are some with serious gang violence.  What's his name in the blue suit - he lives on the south side.  And in a nice-ish area.  Boy was his apartment crappy.

He was in a south suburb.  I think Oak Lawn.  Dumpy but not dangerous.

3 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Not gonna lie, he could have said marketing and I misunderstood him.

I'm usually so distracted by his pretty face and overall charm that it's very possible my mind scrambled what he said 😜

You can see how the rumor started that his dad was in Milli Vanilli.  

• Love 3
17 hours ago, KateHearts said:

I marvel at Christianna's voice. I mean, how does it get to that point? What  do we think she sounded like as a little girl? Her mom has the same voice.

That, my friend, is a chain smoker's voice. I would imagine her mom smoked constantly while Kristianna was growing up and she picked up the habit. Notice also that her mom is on supplemental oxygen. Unfortunately they will both probably fall victim to what usually comes next.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Re. Dylan's 'job'- Selling solar panels in the frozen North will NOT cover a 2 BR apartment and big steaks for dinner. Nobody does door to door sales anymore; heck, I've been retired for 3+ years, and I've never even had a Jehovah's Witness or Mormon knock at my door, much less a salesman. I live in Milwaukee (where solar power makes even less sense than it does in Chicago) and have never seen a newspaper ad or mailer, nor heard a local radio or TV commercial for 'alternative energy' products. 

He might be working on leads generated from online sources, or maybe a big box home products store, but again: Better Than Drug Dealing Money-nah, I don't believe it. 

When I saw Mommy at his apartment, my first thought was 'Mommy's got money'. She might have to hide it from disapproving hubby, but I bet she's footing the bill for Dylan's living expenses as long as he stays out of trouble (which won't be for long, imo).

2 hours ago, dsteele said:

hat, my friend, is a chain smoker's voice. I would imagine her mom smoked constantly while Kristianna was growing up and she picked up the habit. Notice also that her mom is on supplemental oxygen. Unfortunately they will both probably fall victim to what usually comes next.

As I recall, both Kristianna and John also vape, which will damage whatever's left of your lungs after you kick the cigarette habit.  

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

Re. Dylan's 'job'- Selling solar panels in the frozen North will NOT cover a 2 BR apartment and big steaks for dinner. Nobody does door to door sales anymore; heck, I've been retired for 3+ years, and I've never even had a Jehovah's Witness or Mormon knock at my door, much less a salesman. I live in Milwaukee (where solar power makes even less sense than it does in Chicago) and have never seen a newspaper ad or mailer, nor heard a local radio or TV commercial for 'alternative energy' products. 

He might be working on leads generated from online sources, or maybe a big box home products store, but again: Better Than Drug Dealing Money-nah, I don't believe it. 

When I saw Mommy at his apartment, my first thought was 'Mommy's got money'. She might have to hide it from disapproving hubby, but I bet she's footing the bill for Dylan's living expenses as long as he stays out of trouble (which won't be for long, imo).

As I recall, both Kristianna and John also vape, which will damage whatever's left of your lungs after you kick the cigarette habit.  

John always has a vape pipe, or whatever they’re called, in his hand.

• Useful 1
7 hours ago, sempervivum said:

When I saw Mommy at his apartment, my first thought was 'Mommy's got money'.

Maybe it’s mom’s (or auntie’s) apartment, he stays with her there, and they just pretended she lives elsewhere.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2

And another thing:  I was watching The Big Sleep the other day and noticed that Humphrey Bogart has an upper lip similar to Flappy's, only much less flappy.  Their minor speech impediment is similar, too.  I checked it out, and there are questions as to what caused the injury which necessitated the surgery which caused Bogey's flap, from an out-of-control nanny to shrapnel.  I'm guessing Flappy's was caused by surgery, too, but for what I guess we'll never know.

And I started wondering if Lauren Bacall would have gone for Flappy.  She was in love with Bogart and then with Jason Robards, who had his own upper lip situation.  Is this a thing?  Flapophilia?

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 11/19/2020 at 8:45 AM, Mothra said:

And I started wondering if Lauren Bacall would have gone for Flappy.  She was in love with Bogart and then with Jason Robards, who had his own upper lip situation.  Is this a thing?  Flapophilia?

I always found Jason Robards really good looking, I am not of his generation... but seeing him in old movies.  I attributed this to his upper lip, I like it.  

Flappy's lip is grotesque.  It looks like he lost his lip and found another, maybe dead person's lip and sewed it on.  And then got collagen or juviderm.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

I always found Jason Robards really good looking, I am not of his generation... but seeing him in old movies.  I attributed this to his upper lip, I like it.  

Flappy's lip is grotesque.  It looks like he lost his lip and found another, maybe dead person's lip and sewed it on.  And then got collagen or juviderm.  

I think Jason Robards is/was hot, too.  I think his lip was due to cleft palate/lip surgery.

Bogart was from a wealthy family and lived in NYC as a child, so I'm assuming he had the best surgeon available to fix whatever it was that disfigured his lip.  Plus, as a movie star, he could have had later plastic surgery to clean it up further. 

Flappy is not in Bogey's income class, and had to go to the Victor Frankenstein Clinic where his HMO was accepted.

• LOL 3

Humphrey Bogart and Jason Robards have longer upper lip areas, but they had natural movement which some minor difference from normal.  Flappy looks like someone glued a rotten, bloated cod to his face.  It's swollen and hanging without natural movement. His explanation that is was due to an allergic reaction would make sense if it was swollen but eventually went down.  Is he saying he had an allergic reaction to something but decided he couldn't live without it so he keeps ingesting it?  If I saw that thing coming toward me, I would bolt for the door. 

• LOL 2

You learn something every day. 

There is a whole world of modeling out there that has been hidden from my eyes.  Lacey first introduced me to the lucrative career path of pumping up your parts and then displaying them !for money! on the internet.  Lacey is such an odd-looking woman that it never occurred to me that people who are not as deformed as she had made herself would be of interest to the paying customer.

Then came Heather.  She was nutty as a fruitcake and mean as a rattlesnake, but she knew how to contort and smirk--and find fans!

Now it's What's-her-name (I got depressed today over politics and got drunk; sorry),  Lindsey!  I remembered! who is also batshit crazy and mean as another rattlesnake, talking about "sessions" and putting suggestive photos up (I assume on the internet).

Who knew?  Not me.

The thing is, I'm kind of happy for women who can earn money allowing themselves to be sex objects but at the same time being in total control, being in no physical danger (if they're smart) and getting horny men to pay for their stupid obsessions.  The sisterhood is strong in these women.  They're getting the last laugh.  It's too bad the examples I've learned about this from are such crazy and horrible women.

Edited by Mothra
Rule 34
  • Love 2
On 11/16/2020 at 12:50 PM, JenE4 said:

I assume Dylan is going door-to-door with the pitch of “We’re installing solar panels in your neighborhood...” The way he charmed Aunt Diane with his good looks, manners, and pleasant demeanor, I bet he actually would win over quite a few housewives, who would in turn pass along the messaging to their husbands that not only will these panels save us money, but will make us money in the long run. If he could manage to get a degree (I’m assuming he hasn’t), and turn his life around, he does seem to have a natural talent for sales. Too bad he started off life in illegal “sales.” I wouldn’t think door-to-door solar panels is that lucrative, but one can make a ton of money in corporate sales supporting a customer base or district.

That's what I was thinking. He is very charming, but he doesn't come off as smarmy.  I could see him doing very well in sales, but I'm hoping he's not supplementing that income with illegal sales.

• Love 1

After watching Heather and the other chick whose name I can't remember, I was just appreciating how good professional models are that make it look so effortless.  Heather was much better than the other chick, but yikes. 

• LOL 1

Lindsey really fancies herself the actress, in her TH's. OVER acting. Her hair flips, her poses, WTH is that getup with the hair clip and the hot pink bandana?? I think Flappy got his swollen lip from it constantly being stuck in the top of a soda can, from what I've seen him drinking just this episode.

Whoever said previously that Shovel looks like Rerun in drag, hit the nail on the head. 

Shawn: "Oh Destinie took all her stuff...oh LOOK! Here's an open pregnancy test box!" Fake, fake, FAKE. Dude has six kids and didn't even bat an eyelash that he might have knocked up The Queen of Trash with number seven.

I have questions regarding Lacey's pregnanc(ies). WHY was she seeking infertility help, at a fairly young age and with two young children? I would also be surprised if Chane was having "fertility" issues at his young age. I also believe they knew for awhile that there wasn't 3 viable babies in there, which I hate to say, is definitely a blessing for them. And the whole faulty mask situation in that office and with the Dr. was disturbing. I am going to take my mask down to talk to you better??

I don't get the whole Andrea/Lamar storyline at all, two horribly mis-matched people with unfortunate children involved. Poor Priscilla, getting a home school lesson in family history by watching Andrea gyrate to African music and Lamar tell the history of his graveyard tattoos and inform her of his "secret daughter". 

Who the F pays $130 to get their hair washed? Oh, that's right, recently sprung former addicts who think they're all that now. That entire scene was just an advertisement for ingesting too much cheap booze. All the crying, the argument, just a typical drunken party gone awry. And OMG, the "Women of Prison" group of friends who are learning badly how to dress and do hair and makeup (now after prison garb and makeup made of grape jelly and wet colored pencils). YIKES. They all looked R-U-F-F, rough! 

Please get Cabbage Patch face off my screen. I can't with her and that weasely-looking little braided dweeb that women somehow find attractive? Malcolm is way too laid back and level-headed to be with this hothead. 

Density is on the lam...with a camera crew in tow. **smacks forehead**. That's all I've got there. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, snarkish said:

I have questions regarding Lacey's pregnanc(ies). WHY was she seeking infertility help, at a fairly young age and with two young children? I would also be surprised if Chane was having "fertility" issues at his young age. I also believe they knew for awhile that there wasn't 3 viable babies in there, which I hate to say, is definitely a blessing for them. And the whole faulty mask situation in that office and with the Dr. was disturbing. I am going to take my mask down to talk to you better??

Depending on what website you find, Lacey already has three or four children.  The father of the oldest does not allow filming, so that child does not exist for Lacey.  Also, according to gossip sites, Lacey had her tubes tied after the last pregnancy, and opted for IVF instead of reversing that surgery.  

• Useful 3

It was stated on the show that Lacey had her tubes tied.  The dropping mask doctor who at least had sense enough to look askance when these crazy kids decided they wanted a child together told Lacey her options.  She chose IVF.  Who knows?  Maybe fertile Myrtle here was concerned that if she reversed the tubal ligation she would start popping out little King Tut bearded Chane spawn on the regular.  

• LOL 3
On 11/22/2020 at 5:34 PM, Boo Boo said:

That's what I was thinking. He is very charming, but he doesn't come off as smarmy.  I could see him doing very well in sales, but I'm hoping he's not supplementing that income with illegal sales.

My brother is very handsome—movie star handsome, and very polite! Genuinely, so. People love him! White, black, young old male or female. He and Dylan are of that ilk. In his much younger days he was a waiter, and did very well. Like Dylan, I think they’re looks get em in the door, but the way they handle themselves and their politeness, get em going. I think Dylan had previously used his powers for bad. Let’s hope he stays on the straight and narrow!

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, zenme said:

My brother is very handsome—movie star handsome, and very polite! Genuinely, so. People love him! White, black, young old male or female. He and Dylan are of that ilk. In his much younger days he was a waiter, and did very well. Like Dylan, I think they’re looks get em in the door, but the way they handle themselves and their politeness, get em going. I think Dylan had previously used his powers for bad. Let’s hope he stays on the straight and narrow!

Your brother sounds dreamy!  And yes, looks can help you get through the door but manners and a personality is killer esp. in sales!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, zenme said:

Is he incarcerated? If so, please give me his email address 

• LOL 11