Type keyword(s) to search

S46.E06: Dave Chappelle / The Foo Fighters

• Start Topic

I am certain that the cast and writers are grateful that the election announcement being made in the morning meant that they had a whole day to readjust their sketches for tonight (although they may have prepared variant versions, just in case).

Edited by Florinaldo
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

BREAKING: Football (COLLEGE football at that!) is gonna delay the episode. Because OF COURSE, 2020.

Right? Biggest news of the past few years broke today, cast members are ready to blow ninety minutes of straight fire before collapsing from mental exhaustion, we might see one or more of Dave Chapelle’s characters again (totally cool if we don’t), but Clemson/Notre Dame takes priority.

When the game wraps up, would we have to get local news first? And has SNL ever been preempted entirely? I think maybe back in 1986 when Game 6 of the World Series took place, but I could be wrong.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

When the game wraps up, would we have to get local news first? And has SNL ever been preempted entirely? I think maybe back in 1986 when Game 6 of the World Series took place, but I could be wrong.

If I remember all the other times it happened, local news always followed the sports, followed by SNL.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

BREAKING: Football (COLLEGE football at that!) is gonna delay the episode. Because OF COURSE, 2020.

They just went to second overtime.  As both a Clemson fan and an SNL fan, I want this to be over!  (But only with a Clemson win, haha.) 

• Love 1

Sounds like we get it live on the West Coast.  Or that they start the delayed taping as soon as the game ends.  

Anyone remember the “Heidi” incident from the 1970s?  Same thing, except the NFL and a movie.  They cut away from the game and still are taking grief for it.  

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, ebk57 said:

I think they wait.

Just like us...

I don't. I'm pretty sure they just go at 11:30 EST.  And we get taped delay.  I remember that's how it happened in the past. 

Edited by vb68
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Brn2bwild said:

I thought that it was just us (on the West Coast).  Was so pissed off.

Well, Seattle went to a local features show, so I guess we all see this at the same time in 30 minutes. 

10 minutes ago, vb68 said:

I don't. I'm pretty sure they just go at 11:30 EST.  And we get taped delay.  I remember that's how it happened in the past. 

My imaginary friends said it would be live to all time zones.  So... I'm hoping that means actually live.

Like...right now!

It seems like a bunch of NBC affiliates really screwed this up.

It started with the end of the earlier football game. Instead of showing the overtime, some of them switched to local content at the end of regulation. Then, after the game, they went back to local programming instead of going live with SNL. I was literally screaming at my TV when they showed the same infomercial that interrupted my football game instead of SNL.

I just know they are going to jump into the middle of the show like nothing happened.

Edited by xaxat

The opening sequence was terrific. I'm pretty sure these guys weren't acting in conveying their joy and relief. And the audience cheering everytime Maya cited all the "firsts" that Kamala would be.

Trump's piano version of "Macho Man" (obviously parodying Kate McKinnon) was hilarious, as was his declaration "As anyone who died halfway through Tuesday night knows, I was reelected president."

As was Jim Carrey channelling  Ace Ventura--"Loser!"

Is it me or was even Alec Baldwin cracking up during the "fire black people" skit?

I'm glad for Jost pointing out something I did earlier--Trump is irrelevant from now on.

I don't usually like the "other people" bits on Weekend Update", but "Giuliani" was hysterical.

Edited by Dr.OO7
  • Love 9
15 minutes ago, Dr.OO7 said:

As was Jim Carrey channelling  Ace Ventura--"Loser!"

Which almost justified any Carreyness he put into Biden because that felt great.

Now I feel like Chappelle is gonna bum me out.

• Love 8

I’m in Canada,  but my NBC feed is from Boston and there was maybe 5 minutes about the election before it started airing at 1153 pm.

Dave is racking up those fines that Lorne is more than willing to pay. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Jim Carrey won the night with the “Loooooser!” I was hoping for a Truman Show bow, but that was more cathartic. And Maya with the “You About to Lose Your Job” dance. Please keep them on, Lorne.

I was pissed at the football delay. Even more pissed seeing that crowd storming the field at the end because PANDEMIC. Morons.

• Love 7