Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E13: No Shows and Show Downs

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

If Robyn's hats are satin lined, she will sell many hats.  All types of curly girls need hats like that, especially if you have 4C hair.  

If her hats are lined with satin or silk, then she is an idiot for NOT mentioning that during the promotional segment for the hats. It would have been super easy for her to have mentioned that. The only thing she said was that she realized there was a dearth of "cute" baseball hats available and not that there was a dearth of silk or satin lined hats that were beneficial to AA hair.

• Love 6

There is a website that has a LONG thread on Jamal's cheating. The thread dates back to 2004 and covers his pre-engagement cheating with an illegitimate child. According to the recent posts on that thread, he has had a recent illegitimate child and that this theoretical remarriage is solely a storyline.

I don't quite understand how someone can be a pastor and just a man slut and it being well known. I realize that theoretically there is this whole forgiveness of sinners crap but at a certain point doesn't behavior - especially in someone who is theoretically a role model - become unredeemable and therefore the person is shunted off to sell used cars or some other job that doesn't carry the weight of being a theoretical moral beacon.

• Love 19
3 hours ago, drivethroo said:

There are people who will pay for a podcast but they are diehard fans and supporters of the podcast and you really only get that by grindind and building support.  It takes a while to cultivate and build up a very loyal listener base that will pay for the podcast. Monique thinks because she is "Monique" she will instantly be on the level of "The Read" and the podcasters behind "The Read" were grinding on YouTube for years before jumping into podcasts, live show and now a TV show.

People think Twitter followers and social media fans = ticket sales and it doesn't.  Monique has all sorts of "fans" high fiving her for beating up Candiace but only 20 of them loved her enough to buy a ticket.  How dreadful.  She needs to read up on the Baltimore Comic Con disaster of 2018 to find out how social media fans does not equal paying customers.  And she should've been plugging her podcast on her little media tours but it was more important to feel good about beating up Candiace instead of handling her business.  Which is why she has no business.

Wine With Wendy seemed to be in conjunction with some other group (voting group?) so the group probably picked up the tab.

I think Robyn's hats are lined with satin, and if you have African textured hair the satin won't frizz up or dry out your hair while wearing the hat.

I have no doubt that there are ways to monetize social medial of any kind as well as unique content. However as your excellent analysis points out, this is NOT a simple get rich quick scheme.

I am simply not understanding what Monique's *brand* is in terms of what kind of content she could offer that would be enough to create a viable lifestyle website/podcase/social media presence. She can certainly make the kind of passive income that you get from hits based on your followers and/or receive money for promoting stuff in her social media - again based on metrics for her followers.

I just don't understand why anyone would pay for any content Monique would be creating because she really doesn't have a particularly unique or interesting life. She married a rich professional athlete and has children. Aside from living vicariously by looking at pictures of her *glamorous* lifestyle, what else is there.

She is no GOOP founder - and from what I have read GOOP isn't actually profitable either. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, drivethroo said:

The problem with the podcast (besides the offensive branding) is Monique wants instant results without putting in the work.  It's actually a personality pattern of hers.

Most people who listen to podcasts, they aren't trying to pay.  You start trying to charge, they will just move on to the next (free) podcast.  So many podcasters have premium episodes of their podcasts which you have to pay for.  Only the most loyal diehard listeners of your podcast are going to pay for the premium content.   If you have 500 subscribers to your podcast, but only 25 premium (paying) subscribers, the 25 premium subscribers are going to be the ones most likely to pay to see your live show.  And that's only if they live in the area of your show...a listener in Texas is not going to pay for transportation, room and board to come to Maryland to see Monique in a live show unless they have other things to do in the area.

Monique thinks because she's "Monique from 'Real Housewives of Potomac'" the tickets to her podcast would sell out and she found out quickly only 20 people have her back like that.   She thinks because she's "Monique" everyone is supposed to be impressed and they're not.  This is what the pastor was trying to tell her.

I think that's the ring Robyn ended up getting.

I thought Wendy misspoke about meditation vs. mediation too but found out there actually is a "meditation" program in Baltimore schools.

So you admit Monique is a dog who responds to commands and stimuli?  Monique has no free will and trained to attack with trigger words? Because that's the only way Monique's attack on Candiace for saying "you gon' drag me?" makes sense.  Again, the only reason to physically fight somebody for saying "you gone drag me?" is because you don't want to look like a punk in front of everyone else.

As far as Ashley is concerned, Candiace was in HER house and had told Ashley to leave her house twice before shaking the butter knife at her.  In some states, Candiace could've shot Ashley dead and gotten off scot free because after she told Ashley to leave and Ashley kept coming back in, Ashley became a trespasser/intruder on Candiace's property.  Doesn't matter if Dorothy actually owns the property, Candiace had a legal right to be on the premises and Ashley didn't.

But I'm glad the Ashley/Butter Knife incident has been brought up, because by the "Monique was provoked" logic, Candiace would've been right to stab Ashley with the butter knife because Ashley was in Candiace's face and Ashley was provoking Candiace, right?

No you missed my point. Candiace has been looking for a fight for awhile but now that she found one, is crying wolf. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I want one of those "Black Girls Vote" buttons.

I wish someone would say to Karen, "Karen, Dorinda on RHONYC said some awful things to everyone, especially Tinsley.  Her mouth was just as nasty as Candiace's.  Yet, none of the NYC housewives ever resorted to physical violence.  What do you think of that, Karen?"  

And Wendy was right about  Monique's "blacking out."  If Monique blacked out, why did she run around back outside to try to "finish Candiace off" and had to be held back?  And Karen wants to defend that behavior.  

I wonder how stupid Karen is going to feel when she sees that smirk Monique gave behind her back and she realizes that Monique was just playing her.  Karen looks like a sucker believing any of that nonsense and that Monique actually wants to change.  

I think Karen is starting to get a sense that she was played because that "excuse" for missing Monique's event was about as genuine as Karen's excuse for missing Robyn's event.  And in this case, Karen didn't really have a better event to go to, she just didn't want to be seen at Monique's event.  So Karen may be catching a clue.

18 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

No you missed my point. Candiace has been looking for a fight for awhile but now that she found one, is crying wolf. 

She apologized to Monique at Ashley's dinner, she walked away from Monique at the lakehouse, she had the foresight to cancel a podcast with Monique.  How has she been looking for a physical fight "for a while"?

• Love 7

I don't really watch the Housewives shows for politics.  It's actually an escape from all that, but I liked Wendy's event and the platform she is trying to promote on this show.  It's never really been done as a storyline and a very DC thing to have happen.  But much like Bethenney Frankel, I don't think Wendy is one to "support other women".  I was irked that she interrupted Karen & Candiace and inserted her views all up in that argument.

Candiace has so much to be regretful for in her social media behavior and her general shitstirring in past seasons of the show.  I loathe her but do feel bad for what happened to her.  But I'm really mad at Monique for giving her the power to be the victim for a season.   She's really such an awful person in just about every way.  I guess a really bad thing happened to really bad person!

• Love 9
49 minutes ago, RealReality said:

49 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I wonder how stupid Karen is going to feel when she sees that smirk Monique gave behind her back and she realizes that Monique was just playing her.  Karen looks like a sucker believing any of that nonsense and that Monique actually wants to change.  

I think Karen is starting to get a sense that she was played because that "excuse" for missing Monique's event was about as genuine as Karen's excuse for missing Robyn's event.  And in this case, Karen didn't really have a better event to go to, she just didn't want to be seen at Monique's event.  So Karen may be catching a clue.

She apologized to Monique at Ashley's dinner, she walked away from Monique at the lakehouse, she had the foresight to cancel a podcast with Monique.  How has she been looking for a physical fight "for a while"?

Last year when she got in Moniques face and told her to drag her back then as well as when she tried to provoke Ashley. Ashley upset Candiace by taunting her about her momma owning the house. How EASY would it have been for Candiace to make fun of Ashleys mom instead of picking up the knife? And Michael? He’s a bisexual cheater for crissake, the insults could have flown. Part of me thinks Candy wanted some of the wealthier husbands $ and that’s her motive

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Chatty Cake said:

Last year when she got in Moniques face and told her to drag her back then as well as when she tried to provoke Ashley. Ashley upset Candiace by taunting her about her momma owning the house. How EASY would it have been for Candiace to make fun of Ashleys mom instead of picking up the knife? And Michael? He’s a bisexual cheater for crissake, the insults could have flown. Part of me thinks Candy wanted some of the wealthier husbands $ and that’s her motive

I'm not sure why Candace would choose to pick on Ashley's mother, that almost certainly has no bearing on Ashley's character.  The fact that she chooses to enable her mother says something about Ashley, but her mother being a manipulative user is no fault of Ashley's, so the fact that Candace didn't bring it up doesn't say anything bad about her.  Candace may say shitty things about Ashley, but they should be about Ashley.  

And I'm not sure why it would be a mark against Ashley to be married to a gay or bisexual man.  I personally don't think anyone cares if Michael Darby is gay or bisexual, its the lies, obfuscation, defensiveness, dismissivness and trying to call everyone else a liar when they heard what they heard and saw what they saw that gets people annoyed.  And Michael Darby's sexuality is a) not a bad thing in and of itself and b) is not a reflection on Ashley.  Ashleys behavior of lying, getting defensive and enabling a man who appears to engage in wanton unwanted sexual behavior and demanding that no one else talk about it when she involves herself in everyone else's business IS a reflection on Ashley.  I think its also not a bad thing that Candace didn't bring it up.  Its right to focus on Ashley, because Ashley is a shitty enough human being.  

And Ashley can all the way miss me with her superiority.  She has outright admitted that she cannot even afford to live without Michael's money so I don't know where she gets off on shading someone about living off of someone else.  Candace lives off her mom and Ashley lives off of Michael.  They both live off the largess of another person and Ashley is no better than Candace in this regard.  In fact, I'd posit that except for Robyn and Karen, they are all living off someone else's money.  Did Gizelle ever have a job?

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I'm not sure why Candace would choose to pick on Ashley's mother, that almost certainly has no bearing on Ashley's character.  The fact that she chooses to enable her mother says something about Ashley, but her mother being a manipulative user is no fault of Ashley's, so the fact that Candace didn't bring it up doesn't say anything bad about her.  Candace may say shitty things about Ashley, but they should be about Ashley.  

And I'm not sure why it would be a mark against Ashley to be married to a gay or bisexual man.  I personally don't think anyone cares if Michael Darby is gay or bisexual, its the lies, obfuscation, defensiveness, dismissivness and trying to call everyone else a liar when they heard what they heard and saw what they saw that gets people annoyed.  And Michael Darby's sexuality is a) not a bad thing in and of itself and b) is not a reflection on Ashley.  Ashleys behavior of lying, getting defensive and enabling a man who appears to engage in wanton unwanted sexual behavior and demanding that no one else talk about it when she involves herself in everyone else's business IS a reflection on Ashley.  I think its also not a bad thing that Candace didn't bring it up.  Its right to focus on Ashley, because Ashley is a shitty enough human being.  

And Ashley can all the way miss me with her superiority.  She has outright admitted that she cannot even afford to live without Michael's money so I don't know where she gets off on shading someone about living off of someone else.  Candace lives off her mom and Ashley lives off of Michael.  They both live off the largess of another person and Ashley is no better than Candace in this regard.  In fact, I'd posit that except for Robyn and Karen, they are all living off someone else's money.  Did Gizelle ever have a job?

I was just pointing out that Candiace could have gotten in some good insults instead of trying to get violent with Ashley. I’ve never been a fan of Ashley although I like her a bit better this year now that she’s stopped pretending.

Wendy and Robyn were disgusting for not going to Moniques event. Wendy blowing all that smoke about empowering women yet she was rude as could be when Monique is at her lowest. She also takes joy in insulting Karen for absolutely no reason. She’s so full of herself.  Make her a one and done. 
Robyn has nothing going on other than not paying her taxes. She ought to think for herself for once and let Gizelle be the hater of the group.

Speaking of Gizelle, that awful fake relationship with the ever bored Jamal is horrendous. Why would she even want to pretend to be with him? What a horrible example to set for her daughters. She should never speak on any of the other men again. The brown penis comments and the Big Boy comments when she is going for crumbs from an ex that cheated repeatedly?

Karen has shown herself to be the most graceful of the group. Her story may be a little enhanced this season, I suspect her and Ray are just fine.

• Love 4

As one who hasn't watched this show very often can someone tell me any storyline Gizelle has actually had? She seems to routinely insert herself into other people's drama but she never has her own. I know she dated some guy last year but doesn't seem like that turned into anything.

I'd send Ashley $100 a week if every time Candace wore something new she'd ask "how much did your mama pay for that?"  I don't think Candace could take the level of petty she dishes.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

I don't believe this rekindling of romance between Gizelle and Jamal.  This looks strictly for the camera.

Absolutely. After Sherman, Gizelle didn’t have much of a storyline. Jamal allows her to appear like she has something going on. Her home renovation wasn’t as interesting as Chateau Sheree. And from the looks of it, her line Everyhue Beauty isn’t on Target’s website anymore and they haven’t updated their social media in months.

I like Gizelle, but the Jamal storyline is a terrible one. She needs to do better. 

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Kerrey92 said:

I don't really watch the Housewives shows for politics.  It's actually an escape from all that, but I liked Wendy's event and the platform she is trying to promote on this show.  It's never really been done as a storyline and a very DC thing to have happen.  But much like Bethenney Frankel, I don't think Wendy is one to "support other women".  I was irked that she interrupted Karen & Candiace and inserted her views all up in that argument.

Candiace has so much to be regretful for in her social media behavior and her general shitstirring in past seasons of the show.  I loathe her but do feel bad for what happened to her.  But I'm really mad at Monique for giving her the power to be the victim for a season.   She's really such an awful person in just about every way.  I guess a really bad thing happened to really bad person!

Thank you for saying this! This is where I'm at. 

In other news, Gizelle and her Rev. Manwhore are wasting our time with this dead storyline. They making my black crack with lines because I'm just frowning at them during their whole 3 mins scenes lol. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Wendy and Robyn were disgusting for not going to Moniques event.

Why would Wendy and Robyn go to Monique's event? If one of my co-workers beat another co-workers ass at the job, I'm not going to their function a couple of weeks later.  You don't reward a coworker for beating up another coworker by hanging out with them.

3 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Wendy blowing all that smoke about empowering women yet she was rude as could be when Monique is at her lowest.

Monique is at her lowest because Monique beat up a coworker for really no reason.  How is attending Monique's event "empowering" her?

2 hours ago, Adgirl said:

I'd send Ashley $100 a week if every time Candace wore something new she'd ask "how much did your mama pay for that?"  I don't think Candace could take the level of petty she dishes.

Then maybe Ashley could buy some new clothes of her own because to be a millionaire's wife, she's looking very Clothes Mentor.

3 hours ago, RealReality said:

Candace lives off her mom and Ashley lives off of Michael.  They both live off the largess of another person and Ashley is no better than Candace in this regard.

Candiace is actually better off than Ashley because if/when Candiace's marriage ends, her momma will still be there.  When Ashley's marriage ends, she will be in a small apartments in the outskirts of of the DC metro area trying to make that child support check stretch as Sheila nips at her heels for Ashley's "help."  Ashley is actually in the worse condition of any cast member because she is wholly dependent on Michael.  Ever since Michael shut that restaurant down, she hasn't done anything except "be there."

9 hours ago, amarante said:

I just don't understand why anyone would pay for any content Monique would be creating because she really doesn't have a particularly unique or interesting life. She married a rich professional athlete and has children. Aside from living vicariously by looking at pictures of her *glamorous* lifestyle, what else is there.

As the pastor said, Monique thinks those women should be impressed by her life and they're not.

9 hours ago, amarante said:

I am simply not understanding what Monique's *brand* is in terms of what kind of content she could offer that would be enough to create a viable lifestyle website/podcase/social media presence. She can certainly make the kind of passive income that you get from hits based on your followers and/or receive money for promoting stuff in her social media - again based on metrics for her followers.

Monique's brand is "I'm Monique & I'm perfect so you need to listen to my podcast."  First off, the name "Not For Lazy Moms" is offensive because it's mom shaming "lazy moms"...they might be lazy because they're tired, their husband isn't helping, they've got to work then come home and cook for these kids, help with the homework, the house is dirty because nobody is picking up after themselves, this kid over here is always crying & whining for no damn reason etc etc.  Those moms don't want to listen to some skinny rich woman with a trainer and enough money to hire a housekeeper and a nanny tell them about not being a lazy mom.  Monique thought she was being cute because "Not for Lazy Moms" has NFL in it, but she was never a NFL wife, she was just the girlfriend.  Chris didn't marry her until after he retired.  Like if Ciara did a NFL themed podcast it would make more sense because her husband is currently in the NFL.

Then her live podcasts really don't have anything to do with the brand.  Like what does not being a lazy mom have to do with Candiace & Chris (no children) having a honeymoon phase or Karen & Ray (kids out of the house) rekindling the love?  What was even the topic of the most recent live show?

Chris has sense and he knows this podcast is going nowhere and it's just something for a frivolous rich woman to do because she's bored.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Adgirl said:

As one who hasn't watched this show very often can someone tell me any storyline Gizelle has actually had? She seems to routinely insert herself into other people's drama but she never has her own. I know she dated some guy last year but doesn't seem like that turned into anything.

and Candace could retort "how much did Michael pay for that?"  or, if she wants to be real petty "is Michael filing for bankruptcy, or do you really think you're Forever 21?" or "is Michael doing okay, because girl, your Stylez are really looking 4 less right about now?"

Ashley should be the last person in the world throwing stones about living off someone else's money.  Didn't she JUST get on the deed to that condo Michael has?  LOL

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I was just pointing out that Candiace could have gotten in some good insults instead of trying to get violent with Ashley. I’ve never been a fan of Ashley although I like her a bit better this year now that she’s stopped pretending.

Wendy and Robyn were disgusting for not going to Moniques event. Wendy blowing all that smoke about empowering women yet she was rude as could be when Monique is at her lowest. She also takes joy in insulting Karen for absolutely no reason. She’s so full of herself.  Make her a one and done. 
Robyn has nothing going on other than not paying her taxes. She ought to think for herself for once and let Gizelle be the hater of the group.

Speaking of Gizelle, that awful fake relationship with the ever bored Jamal is horrendous. Why would she even want to pretend to be with him? What a horrible example to set for her daughters. She should never speak on any of the other men again. The brown penis comments and the Big Boy comments when she is going for crumbs from an ex that cheated repeatedly?

Karen has shown herself to be the most graceful of the group. Her story may be a little enhanced this season, I suspect her and Ray are just fine.

I think it was great that they didn't attend Moniques event and I gleefully watched that scene to see Monique get turned down by everyone except messy Ashley.  

Monique wanted the girls there to "show she has changed," but how the hell is a live podcast going to show that she has changed?  The easiest way for Monique to show she changed was to simply apologize and accept the consequences of her behavior.  

Monique called Wendy and whined about how she felt "remorse for sure" but STILL hadn't apologized to Candace.  Once again, when she was confronted by Wendy talking about her own actions, Monique rolled her eyes, made faces and became defensive.  She accepts no responsibility for her actions.  And Robyn was right, Monique hadn't learned anything in two weeks because she hasn't learned anything in an entire year.  

Words at a live podcast certainly aren't going to "demonstrate" remorse when you won't apologize to the person you've harmed, but Monique couldn't even do empty platitudes at the event.  Something as simple as saying "violence is not the answer" wouldn't have meant anything, but she could have at least ARGUED that it was some sign of progress and growth.  She couldn't even do that

It seems clear to me that Monique only hoped the girls would come to boost her ticket sales and she is hoping that if she just keeps reaching out they will forget that she physically attacked another castmember, showed no remorse and refused to apologize.  Monique still only sees herself as a victim and nothing more, apparently part of her "transformation" has been to whine to Ashley about being "iced out."  Its still victim Monique, all day, every day.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 10/25/2020 at 9:43 PM, TexasGal said:

Jamal just skeeves me out.  I can’t believe Gizelle is serious about getting back together with him.

On 10/25/2020 at 9:50 PM, Steph J said:

Okay, so this is my first season of Potomac and I'm hoping that someone who has watched for a while can explain to me what the deal is with Gizelle and Jamal.  I get that they were married, he cheated on her with every woman who crossed his path before they divorced, and he has a bunch of other kids, so what I mean by my question is: after all that, what is the appeal of Jamal that she's dating him after having been divorced from him for a decade?  Because he's not some super great looking guy, that shady af business with putting a restaurant in their kids' names makes me think his finances are of the smoke and mirrors variety, he seems completely disinterested in her whenever they're on screen together, and their kids would clearly like to be left out of this reconciliation narrative, so what is Gizelle getting out of this relationship?  Has she just always been hung up on him?

On 10/25/2020 at 10:38 PM, rlc said:

Definitely not trying to defend that thing that Robyn had on her head, but Karen doesn’t have a leg to stand on while criticizing it in her talking head sporting that bleached blonde Spock wig.

On 10/25/2020 at 11:00 PM, goofygirl said:

Hey now! Easy on the old Sutter Home wine there!  It's at least $7 here in Texas and hey! it's good to my little old country girl  taste buds!

Actually, I'm sooo TIRED of this fight business.  Can we wonder WTF Grizzell is doing with Jamal yet AGAIN???  Like, he's the only man in the WORLD this woman can find??  Seems like he wasn't QUITE a prince the first time they went around.  Did he change that much??

On 10/25/2020 at 11:20 PM, Axie said:

I don’t know if Jamal has really spoken before, or, if I just wasn’t paying attention, but, he seems to have the personality of a baked turd.

It was also a co-winky-dink that Juan telling Robyn’s parents about his proposal plans and their comments lasted the same amount of time as her bathroom trip.

On 10/26/2020 at 12:20 AM, swankie said:

It's funny how some people can sport any wig and rock it while others (Robyn) just look like they're dressing for Halloween.  For instance, Porsha Williams can wear short, long, curly or straight and still look like a million bucks.  I have yet to see Robyn look good in any hairstyle other than her own short hair.  Other styles just don't look good on her.  Or maybe she just needs to get with someone like Porsha and have them help her out.  Like Gizelle said, that wig Robyn had on at Wendy's event needs to go into the trash!!!

I couldn't agree more! 

16 hours ago, amarante said:

That podcast was just weird.

The business model of a podcast might be a paid subscription like Sirius Radio but frankly there is so much competition that it's hard to imagine who would pay to hear a podcast.

What Monique was attempting was to make money by staging her own "event" which is why she needed housewives to show up since the people paying would be paying to meet and hear the housewives. 

I think most of these women make money by being paid to be at an event or even just to show up at a particular place - I don't know if there is a business model in which housewives make money by staging their own event. I wonder what the economics of Wine With Wendy were as she didn't seem to mention who picked up the tab for the venue and food/drink.

But Monique is delusional in terms of a podcast or her website being a major source of income. How much money can there be In branded hats and t-shirts. Why would anyone want to pay a premium for her merchandise. I am not sure what the charge is for Robyn's hats but I guess there is more of a niche market for cute baseball hats. Years ago I had a Pucci style baseball hat and I would wear it for shade (literally) when I was taking a water aerobics class and couldn't wear sunglasses.

I know people in Atlanta, where Jamal preaches, and in real life, Jamal looks like a turtle (no offense to turtles).

When Giz went in for that awkward hug at the airport and called him “Jamaly”, a part of me died. She is so much better than this.

Robyn looks great with her sleek blonde hair. It makes her look so fresh and young. Why the hell would she cover that up with that burgundy monstrosity?

Speaking of burgundy monstrosities...Giselle’s top was worse than Robyn’s wig. I have no idea why a woman that beautiful will not invest in a stylist or at least, a working mirror.

Monique will probably be kicked off the show...sadly, she is the only one that is always on point with the hair and make up game. She looked stunning in her purple dress. Ashley does not look good with her hair straightened. It makes her look really basic and she does not dress like she (or her husband) has money.

However, Monique is stupid and so is her staff. After, the tickets did not sell, the right thing to do was to refund all the people who had paid and make the event for free. That would of assured her of a packed house and plenty of publicity for her brand. She would than just write off the loss with her taxes. Big Chris looked so cute with his button down shirt and tie...like a kid whose mama is forcing him to go to church.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, RealReality said:

I think it was great that they didn't attend Moniques event and I gleefully watched that scene to see Monique get turned down by everyone except messy Ashley.  

Monique wanted the girls there to "show she has changed," but how the hell is a live podcast going to show that she has changed?  The easiest way for Monique to show she changed was to simply apologize and accept the consequences of her behavior.  

Monique called Wendy and whined about how she felt "remorse for sure" but STILL hadn't apologized to Candace.  Once again, when she was confronted by Wendy talking about her own actions, Monique rolled her eyes, made faces and became defensive.  She accepts no responsibility for her actions.  And Robyn was right, Monique hadn't learned anything in two weeks because she hasn't learned anything in an entire year.  

Words at a live podcast certainly aren't going to "demonstrate" remorse when you won't apologize to the person you've harmed, but Monique couldn't even do empty platitudes at the event.  Something as simple as saying "violence is not the answer" wouldn't have meant anything, but she could have at least ARGUED that it was some sign of progress and growth.  She couldn't even do that

It seems clear to me that Monique only hoped the girls would come to boost her ticket sales and she is hoping that if she just keeps reaching out they will forget that she physically attacked another castmember, showed no remorse and refused to apologize.  Monique still only sees herself as a victim and nothing more, apparently part of her "transformation" has been to whine to Ashley about being "iced out."  Its still victim Monique, all day, every day.  

I don’t think Monique has changed in two weeks and her remorse is that she shouldn’t have given in to the yapping Candiace who begged to be dragged then acted like a wounded little victim afterwards. 
Still, they could have gone to her event. I don’t think any of them really like Candiace anyway. 
I can’t see going to Wendy’s event and not Moniques. Wendy acts like women are too dumb to know to vote.  While Moniques name Not for Lazy Moms is not a great name, she does promote camaraderie among moms. Wendy just spouts political opinions and acts like she is smarter than the other wives.  Karen didn't need her help when speaking to Candiace.  I also don’t get Wendy bragging about her mom being so proud of her when the poor husbands family won’t even see them. Her mom should be promoting peace within the family. I think her mom causes trouble and Wendy isn’t all that different from Candiace in regards to a meddling mom.

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, trimthatfat said:

Absolutely. After Sherman, Gizelle didn’t have much of a storyline. Jamal allows her to appear like she has something going on. Her home renovation wasn’t as interesting as Chateau Sheree. And from the looks of it, her line Everyhue Beauty isn’t on Target’s website anymore and they haven’t updated their social media in months.

I like Gizelle, but the Jamal storyline is a terrible one. She needs to do better. 

Right.  I don't want  to hear how she's a "strong woman" if she's taking him back (even for a fake relationship).  What kind of message is that for your daughters whether this is fake or real?

• Love 6
On 10/25/2020 at 10:20 PM, Axie said:

I don’t know if Jamal has really spoken before, or, if I just wasn’t paying attention, but, he seems to have the personality of a baked turd.

It was also a co-winky-dink that Juan telling Robyn’s parents about his proposal plans and their comments lasted the same amount of time as her bathroom trip.

They also seemed about as excited as Jamal did talking to Gizelle. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

There was really no need for Robyn's parents to get excited at Juan's intentions because they're already living together and have been since shortly after the divorce.  Ok, that's cool...just sign some papers and make it official. #shrug

I don’t think Monique has changed in two weeks and her remorse is that she shouldn’t have given in to the yapping Candiace who begged to be dragged then acted like a wounded little victim afterwards. 

No, Monique didn't change in 2 weeks and she had no remorse and should stay true to that: Yeah I sure did beat that bitch and if she talks sideways to me again, if she even looks at me again, I'm going to beat her ass again.

I have no problem with Monique not feeling remorse.  I have a problem with Monique feeling like she shouldn't have to suffer consequence and I have a problem with people feeling like Candiace should get MORE consequences than Monique, or ALL of the consquences while Monique gets none.

Part of those consequences are people don't want to be around you. Accept it and move on.  I've cussed people out, lost my temper. lost my cool.  And part of my consequences are people don't want anything to do with me, because they don't know if they're next and they'd rather not find out.  So we just won't deal with you at all, too bad, so sad.

Still, they could have gone to her event. I don’t think any of them really like Candiace anyway. 

They don't like Candiace but they know nothing she did warranted Monique's attack.  Wendy & Robyn in particular saw for themselves how Candiace would not engage in an argument with Monique on several occasions, choosing to apologize and walk away.  They don't buy Monique's excuses for why she beat up Candiace because they both know it's not true.  Wendy doesn't even know Monique like that so why would she want to hang out with some woman who, since the day she met Monique, has been coming for Candiace?

I can’t see going to Wendy’s event and not Moniques. Wendy acts like women are too dumb to know to vote.

Wendy did no such thing and they didn't just talk about voting, they talked about business and education/discipline of black children.  Everyone at the event looked interested and were participating.

Monique's event had no value to anyone, which is why she could only sell 20 tickets. What is the purpose? If you are a "lazy mom" the name of the podcast tells you upfront this show is not for you. 

I'll go back to Monique's pastor (and I will often refer back to his read of Monique)...he says Monique always wants to dominate and control.  Monique inviting Robyn & Wendy was only to dominate and control the narrative:

• My cast members are filming with me, so the fight wasn't that bad.  Everything is all good because if it was that bad, they wouldn't be filming with me (two weeks after this little fight)
  • Look at how well I'm doing, and how people are responding to me.  It's Candiace with the problem, not me

Robyn used to work in PR, she knows what campaign Monique was running.  No doubt Monique's photographers would've blasted photos of the "RHOP cast" showing up to support Monique after the fight (because had Karen shown up, there would've been 4 people out of the cast showing up for Monique).  Robyn & Wendy aren't stupid, they knew what game Monique was trying to run.

5 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I also don’t get Wendy bragging about her mom being so proud of her when the poor husbands family won’t even see them.

Why would Wendy's mother stop being proud of Wendy when it's Eddie's family (mom) with the problem?

5 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Her mom should be promoting peace within the family. I think her mom causes trouble and Wendy isn’t all that different from Candiace in regards to a meddling mom.

We have no evidence that Wendy's mom is the problem or is meddling,  We do have evidence that Eddie's mom has a problem and is the problem and influences the family.  Sounds like Eddie's siblings/father don't actually have a problem with him but they are siding with Eddie's mother because she is the one with the problem and if Momma ain't happy, NOBODY will be happy.

Eddie's mother being butthurt is really none of Wendy or her mom's concern.  I betcha if Wendy started making a lot of money because of RHOP they might become "friendlier."

• Love 9

I don’t see why it’s a big deal people don’t want to go to Monique’s events. Look at how rude she was about Karen letting her know that she’s too sick to go, only for Monique to act like Karen was lying. Karen has been nothing about supportive of Monique.Something ain’t right with Monique. I hope she apologized to Karen for that.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I can’t see going to Wendy’s event and not Moniques. Wendy acts like women are too dumb to know to vote.  While Moniques name Not for Lazy Moms is not a great name, she does promote camaraderie among moms. Wendy just spouts political opinions and acts like she is smarter than the other wives.  Karen didn't need her help when speaking to Candiace.  I also don’t get Wendy bragging about her mom being so proud of her when the poor husbands family won’t even see them. Her mom should be promoting peace within the family. I think her mom causes trouble and Wendy isn’t all that different from Candiace in regards to a meddling mom.

Well one of them physically attacked a woman and one of them did not.  I'd let that guide my attendance too.  

And saying that Monique only has remorse for Candace "making" her do something shows absolutely no growth or change in Monique.  You don't have to like someone to know that beating them is wrong and unacceptable, such that you won't support a person who engages in violent rages in reaction to words and annoyance....when they are on a show that is all about verbal sparring and annoyance.  

Wendy has a platform, and if she chooses to use it to address political inequalities and efforts to empower black women politically, I can't hate on that. 

Monique used her platform to promote an essential oil scam, shame other mothers and defend her physical attack on Candace and further taunt her.  But people want to come at Wendy? 

Every single one of these women use their platform and fame to promote something, I haven't minded when its at least a retail product.....satin lined caps, hair care, handbags, the Skinny Girl line, BLK water, cookbooks, that silly fictional book Gizelle put out with a ghostwriter and the makeup line Gizelle put out.  But Monique has used her platform for an essential oil MLM scam, IIRC and to shame other mothers who do not have the resources she has.  I don't see why anyone would shame Wendy for using her platform to talk about....actual issues.  

Interestingly, black women are a fairly reliable voting block so as a group there should be more political capital to get things done and I thought it was well done for Wendy to focus on lobbying efforts for black women.  

• Love 8
37 minutes ago, trimthatfat said:

I don’t see why it’s a big deal people don’t want to go to Monique’s events. Look at how rude she was about Karen letting her know that she’s too sick to go, only for Monique to act like Karen was lying. Karen has been nothing about supportive of Monique.Something ain’t right with Monique. I hope she apologized to Karen for that.

I have my doubts.  Especially now that Ashley is on the move and working to isolate Monique from the only other friend she has.  Monique is too dumb to see she is getting played.  

I don't think Karen was sick, but Karen has her own brand to worry about.  High end retailers like Bloomingdales may not want any association with someone who appears to endorse violence.  And just saying its wrong may not be good enough when you're out there publicly supporting someone who recently beat someone else up.  Particularly at a live podcast where someone like Monique is just as likely to say something stupid and defensive about the situation.  Its just not a reasonable risk for Karen and her brand.  I would guess that Karen talked to her marketing team and that guy she had around last year and they told her not to go and so she was "sick" that morning late enough so that Monique couldn't call her and try to get her to attend.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I have my doubts.  Especially now that Ashley is on the move and working to isolate Monique from the only other friend she has.  Monique is too dumb to see she is getting played.  

I don't think Karen was sick, but Karen has her own brand to worry about.  High end retailers like Bloomingdales may not want any association with someone who appears to endorse violence.  And just saying its wrong may not be good enough when you're out there publicly supporting someone who recently beat someone else up.  Particularly at a live podcast where someone like Monique is just as likely to say something stupid and defensive about the situation.  Its just not a reasonable risk for Karen and her brand.  I would guess that Karen talked to her marketing team and that guy she had around last year and they told her not to go and so she was "sick" that morning late enough so that Monique couldn't call her and try to get her to attend.  

Oh, I don’t think she was sick either. LOL. But Karen has attended all of Monique’s events and Monique could have given her the benefit of the doubt about missing this one. Instead, she acted like Karen was trying to play her. It was just weird - a reliable friend misses one event and Monique calls their character into question. She is so extra.

• Love 5

What is Monique's "brand?"

2 hours ago, RealReality said:

Interestingly, black women are a fairly reliable voting block so as a group there should be more political capital to get things done and I thought it was well done for Wendy to focus on lobbying efforts for black women.  

I often get the sense that some people forget that black women even exist.

• Love 1

Monique's brand is "I'm Monique & I'm perfect so you need to listen to my podcast."  First off, the name "Not For Lazy Moms" is offensive because it's mom shaming "lazy moms"...they might be lazy because they're tired, their husband isn't helping, they've got to work then come home and cook for these kids, help with the homework, the house is dirty because nobody is picking up after themselves, this kid over here is always crying & whining for no damn reason etc etc.  Those moms don't want to listen to some skinny rich woman with a trainer and enough money to hire a housekeeper and a nanny tell them about not being a lazy mom.  Monique thought she was being cute because "Not for Lazy Moms" has NFL in it, but she was never a NFL wife, she was just the girlfriend.  Chris didn't marry her until after he retired.  Like if Ciara did a NFL themed podcast it would make more sense because her husband is currently in the NFL.

A better question from the audience member would've been, "how do you define lazy moms?" Because that's what I'd like to know. As it's been mentioned previously, Monique has no brand. It started out as mom hacks in earlier seasons when she was peddling essential oils, and then it went to whatever it's supposed to be now. I still want to know what happened with the essential oil angle.

Since she's still married to this god-awful name, she really needs to hire a focus group and a consultant to find out why NFL isn't popping off. 

There's a lot to be said about Bethenny Frankel, but there's a reason why she's the most successful housewife. She took her business seriously and she worked at it. It wasn't just a hustle for her. I haven't seen any of the housewives across the franchises I watch actually buckle down and do the work to get their businesses off the ground.  It's just another income stream for them, not something that they want to dedicate their lives to. 

• Love 6

I feel like I’m watching a different show than some of you. Candiace wasn’t beaten. Her hair was pulled and Monique smacked her head a couple of times.  It was much like Sheree “shifting” obnoxious Kim’s wig. 
How were the essential oils a scam? Lots of moms and people in general use them.  I don’t understand why the other wives would hold that fight against Monique. Other than jealous Gizelle who hates Monique for having the life she can’t have,  the others should have applauded her for shutting up the obnoxious Candiace. 
Wendy is a fraud when she says she wants to empower woman, she’s full of crap. If she did she would tell Candiace to grow up and apologize to the group for mouthing off like a crazy person and causing the fight. Even Candiaces husband told her to shut up a few episodes back. 
Wendy went off on Ashley for being a good mom and bringing her baby on the lake house trip to make herself feel better for ditching her baby.  If a person goes off on a mom and demands they address her as doctor, I sure as hell don’t need to hear her political or any other opinion. I understand why the husbands family aren’t approving of her. 
Are Robyns taxes taken care of? Were they when Juan was ring shopping? It seemed foolish to be looking at pricey rings having a 90 grand bill due.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Other than jealous Gizelle who hates Monique for having the life she can’t have,

This comment is interesting. 

Most of life is dumb luck.  Monique just got lucky....so far.  Gizelle was not lucky, that is all.

What is Monique's brand?  She got lucky, that is all.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Wendy and Robyn were disgusting for not going to Moniques event.

People who do not consider violence as an acceptable reaction to conflict do not want to be around people who do, nor should they be shamed for holding those values.

They have every reason to believe that a violent person would repeat said behaviour, particularly when they've faced no consequences and have not expressed any remorse. The violent person's reasons for snapping become more unpredictable and change without warning. Imagine holding an event with your friends, family, colleagues and a person with a chip on their shoulder decides to flip out on another guest (someone who you love, care about and/or respect) for some offense? Most people, at the very least, would be embarrassed.

For whatever reason, a lot of poorly-behaved adults do not understand this.

Monique is not remorseful (not then or now) and that's her right, so what exactly are the others expected to support? They owe her nothing. She hasn't changed and it's her who they don't like. Despite Candiace being disliked, she still gets invited to socialize with the others. Even Ashley hugged her when she arrived at Wendy's event.

13 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I can’t see going to Wendy’s event and not Moniques. Wendy acts like women are too dumb to know to vote.  While Moniques name Not for Lazy Moms is not a great name, she does promote camaraderie among moms.

Wendy's event was a networking opportunity. Women who are active in their communities were more than happy to discuss topics that affect their lives which extend beyond the literal act of voting. Many of them are likely wives and/or mothers (or women who have connections with wives/mothers around them) which would be the target demographic of Monique's brand. Not only as potential listeners, but potential guests on her podcast or women who could help promote her business. She would have been there if she hadn't burned her bridges. She hopes the people will come to her rather than her going to the people.

Monique's event was a glorified meet-and-greet which very few people paid to attend. She mentioned that the gift bags were for VIP guests... if all of those people were invited (non-paying) guests, she's really hustling backwards.

Monique does not realize that beauty and money will not buy her a ticket into the social circles that she desires to be a part of because she refuses to leave her hood logic behind. She also has not let go of her ambitions of fame and she's disgruntled with her life as a stay-at-home mom. Perhaps she thought that she could still pursue her rap dreams with Chris footing the bill when they got married, but three kids later, she resents that it never happened so she's cutting corners on another path to fame.

She's wasting money on a lifestyle brand which lacks focus and direction. Why does she need a staff and office space for a podcast or merchandise line? Why is she printing flyers for a live event? Were they being handed out on the street to random people? Why is she having so many in-person events for a podcast? Why did she need a red carpet, photographers and a live band? Frankly, given the panelists and topics that we've seen, I'm not even sure if her podcast is aimed at moms anymore. She should have spent some of that $200k hiring someone with business expertise who could help get her brand off the ground organically. But really, she wants to skip straight to the flashy success so that she can feel important.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

This comment is interesting. 

Most of life is dumb luck.  Monique just got lucky....so far.  Gizelle was not lucky, that is all.

What is Monique's brand?  She got lucky, that is all.

I don’t know if luck is why Gizelle doesn’t have a husband, lover and best friend to go thru life with. She is a beautiful lady but has an attitude and I think she wants someone with a lot of $. At 50 with 3 daughters she should go for a mature man (not old, I mean someone that’s not a player)

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

I don’t know if luck is why Gizelle doesn’t have a husband, lover and best friend to go thru life with. She is a beautiful lady but has an attitude and I think she wants someone with a lot of $. At 50 with 3 daughters she should go for a mature man (not old, I mean someone that’s not a player)

True, but in the end it always comes down to luck.  Two people can go to the same dance, one meets a great partner, the other meets an abuser. 

Some women with attitudes get married and some don't.

Some kind women get married and some don't.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 10/26/2020 at 1:23 PM, RealReality said:

Its smart.  Completely isolate Monique from everyone else and then inflame the rest of the cast to do the dirty work to get Monique fired.  The more I look at it, the more I think Ashley is setting Monique up.  

Once Monique is gone, so is the threat of that basement video.  

I bet you that Michael was doing way more in that basement than grabbing butts.  

Meh, We all know about the basement tape...he’s moved on to public places.  I wish they would move on from this boring fight.  It’s ruining the show.

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

Meh, We all know about the basement tape...he’s moved on to public places.  I wish they would move on from this boring fight.  It’s ruining the show.

Not gonna happen. In the preview, it appears that Monique is going to bring charges against Candyass.

3 hours ago, My Friend Goo said:

But really, she wants to skip straight to the flashy success so that she can feel important.

Monique is doing all this for a podcast nobody cares about.  Instead of just sitting in her house with a mic once a week/twice a month, building up an audience, getting sponsorships, growing with paid subscribers and then doing live shows, she just wants to skip all that and get to the point where she has red carpets & swag bags for a unheard podcast.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I feel like I’m watching a different show than some of you. Candiace wasn’t beaten. Her hair was pulled and Monique smacked her head a couple of times.  It was much like Sheree “shifting” obnoxious Kim’s wig. 
How were the essential oils a scam? Lots of moms and people in general use them.  I don’t understand why the other wives would hold that fight against Monique. Other than jealous Gizelle who hates Monique for having the life she can’t have,  the others should have applauded her for shutting up the obnoxious Candiace. 
Wendy is a fraud when she says she wants to empower woman, she’s full of crap. If she did she would tell Candiace to grow up and apologize to the group for mouthing off like a crazy person and causing the fight. Even Candiaces husband told her to shut up a few episodes back. 
Wendy went off on Ashley for being a good mom and bringing her baby on the lake house trip to make herself feel better for ditching her baby.  If a person goes off on a mom and demands they address her as doctor, I sure as hell don’t need to hear her political or any other opinion. I understand why the husbands family aren’t approving of her. 
Are Robyns taxes taken care of? Were they when Juan was ring shopping? It seemed foolish to be looking at pricey rings having a 90 grand bill due.

Without addressing whether or not implying essential oils are a "cure all" is snake oil salesman and scammy, Monique was pushing an essential oil MLM on her website, which I find 100% scammy.  MLMs are mostly scams, and rich Monique looking to scam people who are not in the same privileged socioeconomic position of privilege is just very lowdown and predatory, IMO. 

But, as someone else pointed out, Monique never wants to put in the hard work, she wants a shortcuts and quick bucks.  She used Charisse to get quick entree to society because she didn't want to start at the bottom and build her own rolodex.  She spent 200k on a failed podcast and employed a "team" instead of slowly building her business and brand.  She never did any sort of marketing research, she just jumped in, threw money at something and expected it to work.  When rapping got hard, she found a rich guy to marry.  I don't think monique is lazy, but she wants shortcuts and quick bucks.  

If I buy a Kenya Moore shampoo or a Robyn Dixon hat, its a fair exchange, I'm getting a product for my money.  But pushing scammy MLMs?  Thats on an entirely different level.  

Bringing your child everywhere doesn't make you a good mom, IMO.  And Ashley ONLY brought Dean because Michael shamed her into it.  

If wendy wants to empower women, she would tell a victim of a violence to apologize for making their aggressor mad?  LOL.  I can't get down with that at all, but I won't address any more of your post, because I'm starting to doubt that they are sincere.  

• Love 6
On 10/27/2020 at 5:30 PM, Sheenieb said:

A better question from the audience member would've been, "how do you define lazy moms?" Because that's what I'd like to know. As it's been mentioned previously, Monique has no brand. It started out as mom hacks in earlier seasons when she was peddling essential oils, and then it went to whatever it's supposed to be now. I still want to know what happened with the essential oil angle.

Since she's still married to this god-awful name, she really needs to hire a focus group and a consultant to find out why NFL isn't popping off. 

There's a lot to be said about Bethenny Frankel, but there's a reason why she's the most successful housewife. She took her business seriously and she worked at it. It wasn't just a hustle for her. I haven't seen any of the housewives across the franchises I watch actually buckle down and do the work to get their businesses off the ground.  It's just another income stream for them, not something that they want to dedicate their lives to. 

I think it was also important that Bethenny was not one of the howives that married rich. I have seen Bethenny from her days on Martha Stewart's Apprentice and she was always hustling. I remember how the other NY howives looked down on her promoting her business and not having as much as they did by marrying rich men. When she hit it big, it really was a combination of her hard work, Bravo promotion, and the howives franchises being at the peak of their popularity.

Monique is beautiful, has an adorable family, and a rich husband that loves her (as far as I can tell). This is all great but none of this translates into business savvy. She is on a second rate branch of the franchise and the howife shows are not near as popular as they once were. In fact, they are on the verge of being totally played out.

She can not even really define her brand. Will she be giving out tips about how to lead a glamorous lifestyle or how regular women can do it all, even without nannies and maids? Is she running a MLM scam? Does she truly believe in essential oils?

I have no idea and neither does she. She is selling tickets for a business with a slogan of "What the Hell is this supposed to be about" ?

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 5
38 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Without addressing whether or not implying essential oils are a "cure all" is snake oil salesman and scammy, Monique was pushing an essential oil MLM on her website, which I find 100% scammy.  MLMs are mostly scams, and rich Monique looking to scam people who are not in the same privileged socioeconomic position of privilege is just very lowdown and predatory, IMO. 

But, as someone else pointed out, Monique never wants to put in the hard work, she wants a shortcuts and quick bucks.  She used Charisse to get quick entree to society because she didn't want to start at the bottom and build her own rolodex.  She spent 200k on a failed podcast and employed a "team" instead of slowly building her business and brand.  She never did any sort of marketing research, she just jumped in, threw money at something and expected it to work.  When rapping got hard, she found a rich guy to marry.  I don't think monique is lazy, but she wants shortcuts and quick bucks.  

If I buy a Kenya Moore shampoo or a Robyn Dixon hat, its a fair exchange, I'm getting a product for my money.  But pushing scammy MLMs?  Thats on an entirely different level.  

Bringing your child everywhere doesn't make you a good mom, IMO.  And Ashley ONLY brought Dean because Michael shamed her into it.  

If wendy wants to empower women, she would tell a victim of a violence to apologize for making their aggressor mad?  LOL.  I can't get down with that at all, but I won't address any more of your post, because I'm starting to doubt that they are sincere.  

I’m actually not a big fan of essential oils and I don’t like MLMs, was Monique doing the pyramid scheme thing? I still think she’s got what the others want, a pretty good life. Her husband has her back, she can build her business into something better, they don’t seem to have a lot of debt or tax issues, she made peace with her mother in law and she spends time with her kids. 
i still think Candiace brought that fight on herself and is now (in current episodes) playing victim.  I don’t think nothing was hurt but her pride. 

• Love 1
On 10/26/2020 at 10:49 AM, nexxie said:

Thought bubble: “This crazy ass woman is going to bankrupt me.”

I still don’t believe the Candiace/Chris relationship is real. They seem like they are orbiting separate planets. 

Edited by GussieK
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, GussieK said:

I still don’t believe the Candiace/Chris relationship is real. They seem like they are orbiting separate planets. 

I was talking about Chris and Monique - but the Candiace/Chris relationship is definitely interesting.

5 hours ago, GussieK said:

You could be on to something. There's no passion there. They seem more like roommates.

• Love 1

Monique wanted the ladies to come to the podcast so she can show off her growth and how she's changed. First question is about Candiace and she can't even utter a basis platitude, violence it not the answer, I'm working on myself, I hope to repair what was damaging, etc.  She just spat out a "pray for us" with a pissed off look on her face.   I really was Team Monique before the fight but she's lost me.  I'm not feeling Jamal and Giselle at all.  There is no romance there.  Not even a kiss goodbye at the airport.  I'm not sure what they're trying to portray but its not working.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, CeceliaBedelia said:

Monique wanted the ladies to come to the podcast so she can show off her growth and how she's changed. 

Monique wanted the ladies to show up at her event so that she could publicize and sell tickets to the event. There would be little interest in just Monique versus having four housewives make an appearance.

As others have posted, it would also be a tactical measure to show that she has support from the other ladies since she would post pictures of them together.

I wonder if more people decided to buy tickets because the fight was publicized and therefore there was prurient interest in that versus the idiocy of Not For Lazy Moms.

Edited by amarante
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I’m actually not a big fan of essential oils and I don’t like MLMs, was Monique doing the pyramid scheme thing? I still think she’s got what the others want, a pretty good life. Her husband has her back, she can build her business into something better, they don’t seem to have a lot of debt or tax issues, she made peace with her mother in law and she spends time with her kids. 

We can all agree that on the surface, Monique has a good life.  But what is her brand?  What is she selling?

I had a friend (who died four years ago next week) who ran this blog called "The Cheapest Woman Alive Tells All"  (I think you can still find it).  She has very serious health issues and was never able to work a full time job; so she realized that she had to be frugal if she wanted to live a good life.  The blog was a collection of things that she was able to do.  To me that's a brand.  I don't know what Monique's brand is.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, CeceliaBedelia said:

Monique wanted the ladies to come to the podcast so she can show off her growth and how she's changed. First question is about Candiace and she can't even utter a basis platitude, violence it not the answer, I'm working on myself, I hope to repair what was damaging, etc.  She just spat out a "pray for us" with a pissed off look on her face.   I really was Team Monique before the fight but she's lost me.  I'm not feeling Jamal and Giselle at all.  There is no romance there.  Not even a kiss goodbye at the airport.  I'm not sure what they're trying to portray but its not working.

Well in this instance I could understand that pissed off look because that woman was specifically told by Monique that she didn't want to discuss the altercation, yet said woman purposefully fielded a question that could have put the incident in play. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, nexxie said:

I was talking about Chris and Monique - but the Candiace/Chris relationship is definitely interesting.

Now I see that everyone was talking about Black Chris coming to his own wife’s event not white Chris coming to Monique’s event. I guess white Chris was not even there. Which I should have realized anyway. Duh. 

• LOL 3
9 hours ago, RealReality said:

I don't think monique is lazy, but she wants shortcuts and quick bucks.  

I think Monique IS lazy.  She doesn't want to put in the hard work and doesn't feel she should have to because she is "Monique."  What she works hard at is creating this narrative that she is SO busy, she is SO hard at work, etc. Monique wants applause and accolades for being so busy and creates a lot of busywork for herself without actually doing much of anything at all.

Her mother in law had her number when she told Monique she needed to get a job, and Monique said in her TH, "Wifey don't work."

3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I don't know what Monique's brand is.

Monique's brand is "I'm Monique, I have fabulous hair and a rich husband and a lovely home so you should be impressed."

3 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

Well in this instance I could understand that pissed off look because that woman was specifically told by Monique that she didn't want to discuss the altercation, yet said woman purposefully fielded a question that could have put the incident in play. 

The cynical side of me says she told the announcer woman to ask that question so she could show how she "changed" in front of Robyn, Wendy & Karen and she was annoyed because the question was asked but Robyn, Wendy and Karen didn't show up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

i still think Candiace brought that fight on herself and is now (in current episodes) playing victim.  I don’t think nothing was hurt but her pride. 

So physical attacks are okay as long as someone isn't maimed?  I disagree.  Candace didn't bring anything on herself because physically attacking someone for the sin of being annoying is not reasonable or acceptable, Especially on a show where everyone is annoying and antagonizing.  Monique brought this fight on herself by choosing to physically attack someone because they said words she didn't like.  And as someone said before, if saying "drag me" absolves Monique of her actions, she is little better than a trained animal and next time someone upsets Monique they should tell her to "cluck like a chicken and bark like a dog" because apparently Monique has no control over her actions.  LOL.

The problem is that what Monique has, EVERYONE else on the show has.  None of these women are poor or live an impoverished life.  Even the poorest among them, Candace, lives in a nice house, is beautiful and young, educated, worked for Obama and is well spoken.  I guess Robyn is "poor" too, but she lived in a mansion, now lives in a nice townhome, had a good job, a great upbringing, and Juan has a head coach job.  Ashley and Karen both married millionaires (I read that Ray had sold his software company for like $60 million).

I think thats an issue for Monique because she is, as her pastor said, used to being fawned over and envied.  No one here fawns over her, no one really envies her.  In fact, in terms of education and independent earnings, she brings the least to the table, IMO.  Candace had a line of wigs prior to joining the show, Robyn worked in PR and Karen had owned her own staffing company.  

When I look back on it, I think that, to some degree, Monique was projecting when she said that Gizelle only wants friends who are lower than her because I think thats how Monique is.  Have we really seen her bring any friends onto the show who have status and stature?  Any other NFL wives who may have equal money and status?  No, the only friend I remember was that girl from her failed rap group.  You mean to tell me that she never got in good with any of the other NFL wives?  Say what you will about Charisse, but she managed to build friendships with women who were equally wealthy and had status.  I'm staring to think its Monique who doesn't like having friends of equal status and power. 

Her husband has her back publicly, but even he was embarrassed and ashamed by her behavior.  You can bet her mother in law was crowing about just how right she was about Monique being low class and useless as soon as she watched the episodes.  I'm not sure what she is thinking she is going to build with a brand that insults her target audience and a podcast that large advertisers are unlikely to want to touch.  Large advertisers targeting young moms probably aren't trying to support a brand that, by its very name, alienates their market.  Further, they are unlikely to want to support someone who is violent and unrepentant, its just not a good look for the likes of Pampers and Pedialyte...heck, even SimpliSafe and Madison Reed probably don't consider it a good look.  Especially when they can choose to put their money behind someone who DOESN'T have that history.  

Monique and Ashley's lives seem like rotten apples, pretty on the outside but rotten and ugly on the inside.  Lets never forget, while I like T'Challa (much more than I like Monique), he is pretty much an emotional support bird and its kinda weird that she brings it everywhere.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 4