Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E13: No Shows and Show Downs

• Start Topic

On 10/25/2020 at 9:43 PM, TexasGal said:

Jamal just skeeves me out.  I can’t believe Gizelle is serious about getting back together with him.

I’m new to the show this season so maybe I’m missing something, but this relationship confuses me so much! I don’t even particularly like Gizelle but she seems way, way too good for this guy!! Baffling.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

So physical attacks are okay as long as someone isn't maimed?  I disagree.  Candace didn't bring anything on herself because physically attacking someone for the sin of being annoying is not reasonable or acceptable, Especially on a show where everyone is annoying and antagonizing.  Monique brought this fight on herself by choosing to physically attack someone because they said words she didn't like.  And as someone said before, if saying "drag me" absolves Monique of her actions, she is little better than a trained animal and next time someone upsets Monique they should tell her to "cluck like a chicken and bark like a dog" because apparently Monique has no control over her actions.  LOL.

The problem is that what Monique has, EVERYONE else on the show has.  None of these women are poor or live an impoverished life.  Even the poorest among them, Candace, lives in a nice house, is beautiful and young, educated, worked for Obama and is well spoken.  I guess Robyn is "poor" too, but she lived in a mansion, now lives in a nice townhome, had a good job, a great upbringing, and Juan has a head coach job.  Ashley and Karen both married millionaires (I read that Ray had sold his software company for like $60 million).

I think thats an issue for Monique because she is, as her pastor said, used to being fawned over and envied.  No one here fawns over her, no one really envies her.  In fact, in terms of education and independent earnings, she brings the least to the table, IMO.  Candace had a line of wigs prior to joining the show, Robyn worked in PR and Karen had owned her own staffing company.  

When I look back on it, I think that, to some degree, Monique was projecting when she said that Gizelle only wants friends who are lower than her because I think thats how Monique is.  Have we really seen her bring any friends onto the show who have status and stature?  Any other NFL wives who may have equal money and status?  No, the only friend I remember was that girl from her failed rap group.  You mean to tell me that she never got in good with any of the other NFL wives?  Say what you will about Charisse, but she managed to build friendships with women who were equally wealthy and had status.  I'm staring to think its Monique who doesn't like having friends of equal status and power. 

Her husband has her back publicly, but even he was embarrassed and ashamed by her behavior.  You can bet her mother in law was crowing about just how right she was about Monique being low class and useless as soon as she watched the episodes.  I'm not sure what she is thinking she is going to build with a brand that insults her target audience and a podcast that large advertisers are unlikely to want to touch.  Large advertisers targeting young moms probably aren't trying to support a brand that, by its very name, alienates their market.  Further, they are unlikely to want to support someone who is violent and unrepentant, its just not a good look for the likes of Pampers and Pedialyte...heck, even SimpliSafe and Madison Reed probably don't consider it a good look.  Especially when they can choose to put their money behind someone who DOESN'T have that history.  

Monique and Ashley's lives seem like rotten apples, pretty on the outside but rotten and ugly on the inside.  Lets never forget, while I like T'Challa (much more than I like Monique), he is pretty much an emotional support bird and its kinda weird that she brings it everywhere.  

It was a hair pull! Candiace is fine! 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

It was a hair pull! Candiace is fine! 

You watched that video and thought what Monique did to Candace was merely a hair pull?  I strongly disagree.  

Candace being physically "fine" afterwards is really irrelevant, IMO.  If a man slaps me across the face, I'm probably physically "fine" but that doesn't mean much of anything. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, ladle said:

I hate to be shallow...and l’m no fashion plate myself...but Candiace’s outfit? To attend a serious political event? Umm. 

8010D53E-2431-464E-96A9-6CB0AFF38760.jpeg

4 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Accompanied by booty shorts, IIRC. 

LOL, it was from the Fashion Nova business suit collection.   Its very "ho couture"  

I could barely even pay attention to how awful her outfit was because her shoes were so, so, so, so bad.  

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, RealReality said:

So physical attacks are okay as long as someone isn't maimed?  I disagree.  Candace didn't bring anything on herself because physically attacking someone for the sin of being annoying is not reasonable or acceptable, Especially on a show where everyone is annoying and antagonizing.  Monique brought this fight on herself by choosing to physically attack someone because they said words she didn't like.  And as someone said before, if saying "drag me" absolves Monique of her actions, she is little better than a trained animal and next time someone upsets Monique they should tell her to "cluck like a chicken and bark like a dog" because apparently Monique has no control over her actions.  LOL.

The problem is that what Monique has, EVERYONE else on the show has.  None of these women are poor or live an impoverished life.  Even the poorest among them, Candace, lives in a nice house, is beautiful and young, educated, worked for Obama and is well spoken.  I guess Robyn is "poor" too, but she lived in a mansion, now lives in a nice townhome, had a good job, a great upbringing, and Juan has a head coach job.  Ashley and Karen both married millionaires (I read that Ray had sold his software company for like $60 million).

I think thats an issue for Monique because she is, as her pastor said, used to being fawned over and envied.  No one here fawns over her, no one really envies her.  In fact, in terms of education and independent earnings, she brings the least to the table, IMO.  Candace had a line of wigs prior to joining the show, Robyn worked in PR and Karen had owned her own staffing company.  

When I look back on it, I think that, to some degree, Monique was projecting when she said that Gizelle only wants friends who are lower than her because I think thats how Monique is.  Have we really seen her bring any friends onto the show who have status and stature?  Any other NFL wives who may have equal money and status?  No, the only friend I remember was that girl from her failed rap group.  You mean to tell me that she never got in good with any of the other NFL wives?  Say what you will about Charisse, but she managed to build friendships with women who were equally wealthy and had status.  I'm staring to think its Monique who doesn't like having friends of equal status and power. 

Her husband has her back publicly, but even he was embarrassed and ashamed by her behavior.  You can bet her mother in law was crowing about just how right she was about Monique being low class and useless as soon as she watched the episodes.  I'm not sure what she is thinking she is going to build with a brand that insults her target audience and a podcast that large advertisers are unlikely to want to touch.  Large advertisers targeting young moms probably aren't trying to support a brand that, by its very name, alienates their market.  Further, they are unlikely to want to support someone who is violent and unrepentant, its just not a good look for the likes of Pampers and Pedialyte...heck, even SimpliSafe and Madison Reed probably don't consider it a good look.  Especially when they can choose to put their money behind someone who DOESN'T have that history.  

Monique and Ashley's lives seem like rotten apples, pretty on the outside but rotten and ugly on the inside.  Lets never forget, while I like T'Challa (much more than I like Monique), he is pretty much an emotional support bird and its kinda weird that she brings it everywhere.  

You should rewatch that scene. The pastor never said anything about Monique being fawned over and envied. When Monique complained about Candiace being aggressive, manipulative and combative, the pastor says those criticisms are a reflections of Monique, who due to having to fight for so long, might have a hard time seeing the truth about herself. Monique says she knows her self worth and she's worn down for having to prove herself over and over, even to the people she thinks know her. The pastor tells Monique that although she sees herself ideal, or perfection, these ladies of Potomac are not impressed.

I only know these women from what I gather from the few episode threads I read here. I said in an earlier post I like the way Monique carries herself. As I discover more about her background from these boards and the show, it gives me more insight into why she makes such boneheaded moves. 

I also don't agree that Monique is lazy. She screwed up the logo name and misjudged what it would take the make her podcast successful, but the woman is not lazy. We can save the lazy label for Sheree. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

You should rewatch that scene. The pastor never said anything about Monique being fawned over and envied. When Monique complained about Candiace being aggressive, manipulative and combative, the pastor says those criticisms are a reflections of Monique, who due to having to fight for so long, might have a hard time seeing the truth about herself. Monique says she knows her self worth and she's worn down for having to prove herself over and over, even to the people she thinks know her. The pastor tells Monique that although she sees herself ideal, or perfection, these ladies of Potomac are not impressed.

I only know these women from what I gather from the few episode threads I read here. I said in an earlier post I like the way Monique carries herself. As I discover more about her background from these boards and the show, it gives me more insight into why she makes such boneheaded moves. 

I also don't agree that Monique is lazy. She screwed up the logo name and misjudged what it would take the make her podcast successful, but the woman is not lazy. We can save the lazy label for Sheree. 

Ahh, maybe thats where I got it from.  I think that pastor suggested or said that Monique expects them to be impressed and they are not, and I inferred from that that she is use to people being impressed by her.  

I probably wouldn't call it lazy, but it is something not to do any basic research.  Maybe a high degree of arrogance and hubris. Did Monique ever shadow another podcaster?  Did she appear on any other podcasts in the same genre?  Did she make any promotional alliances with other podcasters in the same area?  Or did she just throw money at it and expect that it would be an automatic hit.  She took 200k and hired a staff, planned an event and printed flyers without appearing to have done any basic groundwork.  

I'm a true crime podcast junkie, and that is a HUGE genre.  A lot of those popular podcasters who have been at it for years rarely do live podcasts and I mostly hear about them at large conventions like CrimeCon.  

And then the live podcast didn't even appear to have anything to do with being any kind of mom, lazy or otherwise.  Wouldn't it have been smarter to have a panel of moms up there?  @Neurochick is right, her brand is confusing and muddled.  And I think its due to a lack of basic groundwork....which.....may not be lazy....but it doesn't seem particularly industrious either.  

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Ahh, maybe thats where I got it from.  I think that pastor suggested or said that Monique expects them to be impressed and they are not, and I inferred from that that she is use to people being impressed by her.  

I probably wouldn't call it lazy, but it is something not to do any basic research.  Maybe a high degree of arrogance and hubris. Did Monique ever shadow another podcaster?  Did she appear on any other podcasts in the same genre?  Did she make any promotional alliances with other podcasters in the same area?  Or did she just throw money at it and expect that it would be an automatic hit.  She took 200k and hired a staff, planned an event and printed flyers without appearing to have done any basic groundwork.  

I'm a true crime podcast junkie, and that is a HUGE genre.  A lot of those popular podcasters who have been at it for years rarely do live podcasts and I mostly hear about them at large conventions like CrimeCon.  

And then the live podcast didn't even appear to have anything to do with being any kind of mom, lazy or otherwise.  Wouldn't it have been smarter to have a panel of moms up there?  @Neurochick is right, her brand is confusing and muddled.  And I think its due to a lack of basic groundwork....which.....may not be lazy....but it doesn't seem particularly industrious either.  

I think this was only hatched up to take advantage of her Real Housewives tenure, but nothing has stuck. It's almost a requirement the housewives create bogus businesses. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Iguessnot said:

I think this was only hatched up to take advantage of her Real Housewives tenure, but nothing has stuck. It's almost a requirement the housewives create bogus businesses. 

I generally agree that most HW use their platform to promote and sell products, which is totally fine.  The products that I'd have a passing interest in are those that make some sort of sense and offer some utility, like Kenya's haircare line and Robyn's caps (if silk/satin lined).  But I don't think either really put the cart before the horse the way I think Monique has. 

Kenya had been on the show like, what, six or seven seasons before she had the haircare line and her hair was always a topic of conversation, so a haircare line made sense.  The risk of spending a lot of money on the haircare line made sense. Robyn always wears caps and looks cute in them and if they are silk/satin lined then there is a good opportunity in the marketplace.  And more importantly, she is starting small.  She is filling orders out of her house, her sons are helping her, she is filming promotional stuff with a light ring and an iPhone at home.  The amount of money she is spending is congruent to the potential return on investment. 

On the other hand, Monique sunk 200k on a podcast when she didn't need to because starting a podcast or a YouTube channel doesn't have to be expensive.  Spending that amount of money on something that is unlikely to yield an equal return is just....not smart.  Especially when you could test the market and assess the risk/reward for less money.  Had she started small, making YouTube videos from a small camera setup in her home she could have tested the market.  People aren't going to particularly tune in for production value, they are going to tune in because its someone they like. 

There have been a ton of horrible business ideas in the HW universe (Kenya's TV show and Phaedra's line of stun guns come to mind, I thought Phaedra's funeral business was odd and probably sketchy, but potentially profitable), however I think this one may be the worst because it could have been done with so much less money.  

• Love 10
On 10/26/2020 at 12:19 PM, RealReality said:

LOL next time I get in an argument with someone I'm gonna see what crazy shit I can get them to do by command. 

"You gonna do the running man, do it, do the running man!"  "You gotta do the kid n' play for me?  Do it!  Do the kid n' play!"  "You gonna do the chicken walk and cluck!  Do it!  Cluck like a chicken bitch, I dare you to cluck like a chicken!"  "You gonna hug me!  Hug me!  Do it! I dare you!"  "You gonna wash my car!   Wash my car!  Right now!  I dare you bitch!  Wash it, and make sure to use the ArmorAll on the wheels!"

Those shoes were so wrong!  Maybe she is getting paid to promote a shoe brand, but those shoes were a hard no.  What the hell would you even wear them with?  The feathers went all the way up to her calves!  Maybe if you're like 20 and going to the club and wearing something super duper short?  Candace is a beautiful girl (IMO) but those shoes were so wrong.  Like wrong in a distracting way.  She must be raiding Gizelle's closet. 

Yes, thats the thing, the people who make money off podcasts and social media have to either have a lot of advertising money and sponsorships - and/or they have to have paid subscribers.  Much of the time, its both.  

Most successful podcasters I've heard of not only have a podcast, but they release bonus or additional content for paid subscribers, they have an active facebook members only group and they send members extra goodies.  And those subscriptions are like $5 a month.  

Do any large name advertisers really want to sponsor/support someone who physically attacked someone?  Is that a good look for their brand?  Probably not.  Especially when the show in question is targeted to a demographic of younger and middle aged moms who don't teach their children those values and don't subscribe to them.  

So, if you don't get a lot of advertising and sponsorship revenue....now you need a lot of paid subscriptions or its just you doing a free show.  But like you said, there are a million free podcasts out there on every topic under the sun.  People go in for the additional benefits, like bonus content, facebook group and chat and swag.  

As an aside, I'm a true crime podcast junkie.  One of the shows I just started listening to is "True Crime All The Time."  Its a very popular show and I think the guys who do it have a few iterations of the show, they have all the bells and whistles to attract memberships and they have advertisers.  One of the podcasters STILL retains a day job.  So even successful podcasters aren't always raking it in hand over fist.  

I also think there were more than 20 people in that room.  I suspect Monique ended up paying people to be there or just invited the "press" in to sit down for a free meal in addition to their daily rate to take pictures and pretend like anyone important cared.  

ETA:  If Robyn's caps are silk lined, that kinda changes the game and I'd totally buy one.  

Edited by HahYallDoin
I tried to fix my quoting mistake and can’t 🙄
On 10/26/2020 at 12:19 PM, RealReality said:

LOL next time I get in an argument with someone I'm gonna see what crazy shit I can get them to do by command. 

"You gonna do the running man, do it, do the running man!"  "You gotta do the kid n' play for me?  Do it!  Do the kid n' play!"  "You gonna do the chicken walk and cluck!  Do it!  Cluck like a chicken bitch, I dare you to cluck like a chicken!"  "You gonna hug me!  Hug me!  Do it! I dare you!"  "You gonna wash my car!   Wash my car!  Right now!  I dare you bitch!  Wash it, and make sure to use the ArmorAll on the wheels!"

Those shoes were so wrong!  Maybe she is getting paid to promote a shoe brand, but those shoes were a hard no.  What the hell would you even wear them with?  The feathers went all the way up to her calves!  Maybe if you're like 20 and going to the club and wearing something super duper short?  Candace is a beautiful girl (IMO) but those shoes were so wrong.  Like wrong in a distracting way.  She must be raiding Gizelle's closet. 

Yes, thats the thing, the people who make money off podcasts and social media have to either have a lot of advertising money and sponsorships - and/or they have to have paid subscribers.  Much of the time, its both.  

Most successful podcasters I've heard of not only have a podcast, but they release bonus or additional content for paid subscribers, they have an active facebook members only group and they send members extra goodies.  And those subscriptions are like $5 a month.  

Do any large name advertisers really want to sponsor/support someone who physically attacked someone?  Is that a good look for their brand?  Probably not.  Especially when the show in question is targeted to a demographic of younger and middle aged moms who don't teach their children those values and don't subscribe to them.  

So, if you don't get a lot of advertising and sponsorship revenue....now you need a lot of paid subscriptions or its just you doing a free show.  But like you said, there are a million free podcasts out there on every topic under the sun.  People go in for the additional benefits, like bonus content, facebook group and chat and swag.  

As an aside, I'm a true crime podcast junkie.  One of the shows I just started listening to is "True Crime All The Time."  Its a very popular show and I think the guys who do it have a few iterations of the show, they have all the bells and whistles to attract memberships and they have advertisers.  One of the podcasters STILL retains a day job.  So even successful podcasters aren't always raking it in hand over fist.  

I also think there were more than 20 people in that room.  I suspect Monique ended up paying people to be there or just invited the "press" in to sit down for a free meal in addition to their daily rate to take pictures and pretend like anyone important cared.  

ETA:  If Robyn's caps are silk lined, that kinda changes the game and I'd totally buy one.  

I needed this laugh so so so bad, @RealReality 😂 

I’m sitting here listening to Hurricane Zeta roar outside of our home, while we have no power and although the calendar says it’s late October, the outside temp says mid August, and the indoor temp, after 4 plus hours of no  a/c, says ‘It’s the 4th of July, heifer(the GOAT Mrs. Samuels TM) and it’s only getting hotter and more humid in this place by the second!’ 😩🔥🔥😬

I am using up valuable battery time reading on my phone but the bolded part of your post was worth every bit of going from 89% to 47%! 😂 Thanks for making me laugh so hard my sleeping husband(who can apparently sleep when it’s hotter than hell and the wind is howling and things are hitting the roof) startled awake and asked ‘what’s wrong? Are you crying? Are you ok?’ Which made me laugh even more 🤣

Edited by HahYallDoin
Had to Credit Big Boy’s mama for my use of heifer 😉
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, HahYallDoin said:

I needed this laugh so so so bad, @RealReality 😂 

I’m sitting here listening to Hurricane Zeta roar outside of our home, while we have no power and although the calendar says it’s late October, the outside temp says mid August, and the indoor temp, after 4 plus hours of no  a/c, says ‘It’s the 4th of July, heifer(the GOAT Mrs. Samuels TM) and it’s only getting hotter and more humid in this place by the second!’ 😩🔥🔥😬

I am using up valuable battery time reading on my phone but the bolded part of your post was worth every bit of going from 89% to 47%! 😂 Thanks for making me laugh so hard my sleeping husband(who can apparently sleep when it’s hotter than hell and the wind is howling and things are hitting the roof) startled awake and asked ‘what’s wrong? Are you crying? Are you ok?’ Which made me laugh even more 🤣

I'm so sorry you're going through all that, and I'm so happy I could make you laugh and make your husband share a little of your pain instead of blissfully sleeping like a selfish jerk!  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, RealReality said:

She has shadowed some of the podcasters that I followed, Paul Wharton and Sarah Fraser, and those two have had live podcasts, which probably showed her how successful they can be, plus her cohost Aly is a former radio personality and had a podcast. I'm not a mom but I enjoy NFLM, it started for moms but she is all over the place. I think she would benefit from a total rebrand and should take a more broad approach to a lifestyle brand. She has a lot of great content, she just needs to do a better job at bringing it all into focus. 

ETA: Maybe she didn't anticipate that the majority of the Monique Stans live outside of Maryland and therefore couldn't travel to attend her podcast. 

Edited by LaurelleJ

I am finally catching up, why would Juan go to Smyth Jewelers?  It in Timonium and he lives near Arundel Mills Mall, it is a hike.  I guess I could answer that question, Smyth let them film there, why not free publicity.  That store is full of gorgeous sparkle.

Juan wanted to spend 8 to 10 grand for a ring is not outrageous but with their financial issues how can he do that without feeling a twinge of guilt about not putting that money towards what they owe the IRS?  The IRS probably watch these reality shows when tax issues arise, right? What an awesome job that would be, getting paid to watch Bravo!

Chip Smyth is the ex brother in law of a friend of mine, I did meet him once at a skeet shoot but sadly I was not able to garner that meeting in to free jewelry, lol, however I did break my ankle at that shoot and was able to garner a free boot from the orthopedic doctor but it is just not the same thing as jewelry, le sigh.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I am finally catching up, why would Juan go to Smyth Jewelers?  It in Timonium and he lives near Arundel Mills Mall, it is a hike.  I guess I could answer that question, Smyth let them film there, why not free publicity.  That store is full of gorgeous sparkle.

Juan wanted to spend 8 to 10 grand for a ring is not outrageous but with their financial issues how can he do that without feeling a twinge of guilt about not putting that money towards what they owe the IRS?  The IRS probably watch these reality shows when tax issues arise, right? What an awesome job that would be, getting paid to watch Bravo!

Chip Smyth is the ex brother in law of a friend of mine, I did meet him once at a skeet shoot but sadly I was not able to garner that meeting in to free jewelry, lol, however I did break my ankle at that shoot and was able to garner a free boot from the orthopedic doctor but it is just not the same thing as jewelry, le sigh.

Free or significant discount for the Housewives. 

Anytime they are shown in a retail establishment the housewives are receiving free or greatly reduced merchandise. BRAVO negotiates for the more significant discounts like hotels.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

She has shadowed some of the podcasters that I followed, Paul Wharton and Sarah Fraser, and those two have had live podcasts, which probably showed her how successful they can be, plus her cohost Aly is a former radio personality and had a podcast. I'm not a mom but I enjoy NFLM, it started for moms but she is all over the place. I think she would benefit from a total rebrand and should take a more broad approach to a lifestyle brand. She has a lot of great content, she just needs to do a better job at bringing it all into focus. 

ETA: Maybe she didn't anticipate that the majority of the Monique Stans live outside of Maryland and therefore couldn't travel to attend her podcast. 

But to me, this is showing laziness.  I'm pretty positive the podcasters she shadowed didn't start off from jump with live shows; they built an audience and studied the data to show how profitable a live show would be.  Monique just wanted to jump into doing live shows without studying her data to see when/where she should be doing a live show and who would be willing to pay.  I'm pretty sure podcasts like "The Read" studied their data to find out where their listeners lived and took that information to book shows.  Lets say I have a podcast, and I'm based in Woodbridge VA, and I study my data and find that 25% of my subscribers live in Northern VA, 20% of my subscribers live in Baltimore, 20% of my subscribers live in Charlotte NC and the rest is scattered throughout the country.  I would take that data and book a show in Northern VA somewhere, book a show in Baltimore and book a show in Charlotte NC.

If my data showed most of my listeners lived in TX, NY and NC but I'm based in MD, I would not book a show in MD.

Those podcasters also probably had a good idea of how many people would be willing to pay for a live show.  Let's say I have a podcast, and I have 1000 free subscribers but I also offer premium episodes and I have only 60 paying subscribers.  It would be dumb of me to book a venue for 1000 people and I'm probably only going to sell about 60-100 tickets at best.  Book a smaller venue for about 100-150 people instead.

Monique has got this whole payroll and staff and either they are just taking her money and putting it in their pockets or they are telling her this information and she is ignoring their advice because she needs to be the only one in control.  She doesn't appear to have good business sense and Chris needs to make sure she doesn't drain him dry to tend to her "baby".

1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

It in Timonium and he lives near Arundel Mills Mall, it is a hike.  I guess I could answer that question, Smyth let them film there, why not free publicity.  That store is full of gorgeous sparkle.

That and his workplace is near I-83, Timonium is near I-83.  The real question is why would Gizelle drive from Bethesda to Timonium?

Juan wanted to spend 8 to 10 grand for a ring is not outrageous but with their financial issues how can he do that without feeling a twinge of guilt about not putting that money towards what they owe the IRS? 

Juan doesn't have a tax issue.  ROBYN has a tax issue.  Juan let her know that in a previous episode.

Show of hands, who thinks production got seat fillers for that podcast?  Maybe it was the same people that got paid in free food for showing up at the opening of Jamal's restaurant opening, lol. 

They had to have because nobody cared.  Monique was counting on the cast showing up to drum up interest but they didn't show up and Monique couldn't use that angle.

• Love 4

Okay, Monique has said on social media that this podcast was her third show (in a series?) and that Karen made it to the first two.  She said she is a Grande Dame Stan and Karen's perfume is available at Bloomingdales.

I am glad she is not biting one of the few hands that is reaching out to her now, even with the "press charges" comment to Candiass.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

They are a divorced couple living as though they are married with two sons. They are struggling to get back on their feet. This whole ring and proposal stuff is stupid. They need to go to the courthouse, make it legal and put their Bravo earnings (less applicable taxes) to rebuilding their lives. Of course since they are on a Bravo show, they will waste a good portion of those 1099 earnings fronting.

• Love 5

They are a divorced couple living as though they are married with two sons. They are struggling to get back on their feet. This whole ring and proposal stuff is stupid. They need to go to the courthouse, make it legal and put their Bravo earnings (less applicable taxes) to rebuilding their lives. Of course since they are on a Bravo show, they will waste a good portion of those 1099 earnings fronting.

I guess a big fancy Bravo wedding is their story line for next season. I don’t know how much Bravo pays or what discounts they’ll get for promoting a venue, caterer,  etc.

I agree that it’s ROBYN’S debt until they are legally remarried. I’d rather see them sitting through a few sessions with a good financial advisor than a fakety big wedding. They’ve had their fancy wedding when they were young and in love. I’d do halfway between that and the courthouse and have a small, fun outdoor event next summer (when maybe we CAN have weddings again, responsibly) or yeah, here in Covid Time just go to the courthouse and get it handled, have a party later. Or, I attended a small Zoom wedding this past summer and it was fabulous, meaningful, romantic. 

I wish Bravo would use this pandemic to change up their tired story lines. I don’t need to see another over-the-top wedding.

Robyn could make a brand of living and dressing well on a budget, IF she could get her finances in order. 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Juan doesn't have a tax issue.  ROBYN has a tax issue.  Juan let her know that in a previous episode.

Yes, he did say that but he wants to propose to her and get married...that is not the right attitude to start out in a second chance marriage.  Go team work, not.

• Love 1

Since Robyn has proved that finances are not her thing, Juan should ensure that they get the proper financial guidance moving forward.  
Juan does not seem too enthusiastic, he looks like he’s going thru the motions. Her parents didn’t look happy about a remarriage either. The only one that seems giddy for them is Gizelle.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Show of hands, who thinks production got seat fillers for that podcast?  Maybe it was the same people that got paid in free food for showing up at the opening of Jamal's restaurant opening, lol.  

*raises both hands eagerly*

I'd even take it a step farther and say someone paid for the majority of the "press" outside taking pictures.  And I'm not even sure production paid for the seat fillers, I'd hazard a guess that Monique paid for them because I think production already filmed the conversation about 20 tickets sold, so they would have been fine panning to an empty room.  Maybe with a crickets sound effect.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Monique is nothing like a dog responding to commands. She overreacted to an obnoxious girl woman. 
Her business concept isn’t the greatest, I’ll give Moniques haters that. 

Physically attacking someone isn't a mere overreaction.  

Time after time Monique has tried to engage this same "obnoxious girl woman" who has either apologized or walked away.  Monique got mad when the same "obnoxious girl woman" refused to be on her idiotic podcast.   

Candace hasn't changed and Monique continually tried to engage her.  Candace certainly didn't say or do anything at the winery that was as bad or as obnoxious as what other cast members have said and done.  And if the argument is that Candace deserved to get physically attacked because she said "drag me!" than Monique is, truly, little better than a trained dog and the next person who argues with her should be able to make her cluck like a chicken and bark like a dog by just daring her to do so.  

Monique signed up for a show where all the women are annoying, antagonizing, shady and mean to each other.  If she can only respond to a person being "obnoxious" and annoying with violent rages, she is better off angling for a video on WorldStar.  And she may get it, people know she is married to a man with money, they know that she is weak minded and cannot use her words. She has bragged about being violent.  Candace is on a HW show and is making decent money, but there are plenty people who are actually broke and will happily take a couple of punches to get fifteen minutes of fame and to get paid. collect a settlement check.   

I think the Samuels ended up paying Candace and thats why the case was dropped, because Candace was no longer a cooperating witness.  I could be wrong, and maybe a civil case is still open and on the table, but, reading between the lines, I think Chris and Monique paid Candace, and probably a pretty decent chunk of change.  

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I think the Samuels ended up paying Candace and thats why the case was dropped, because Candace was no longer a cooperating witness.  I could be wrong, and maybe a civil case is still open and on the table, but, reading between the lines, I think Chris and Monique paid Candace, and probably a pretty decent chunk of change. 

What evidence do you have of this? I'm just curious, because the case wouldn't have been dropped simply because Candiace refused to testify with the Bravo video evidence. They would not have needed Candiace to bring a case, it could have been done with just the footage.

So, if the prosecutor had the tape, and chose to drop the charges, its probably because s/he was convinced that it was a complete and total waste of the government's time. Hell, most local prosecutors try cases like this because with the wife of an ex-Washington Footballer, you're guaranteed to get press coverage and your name in the news. 

8 hours ago, RedHawk said:

I guess a big fancy Bravo wedding is their story line for next season. I don’t know how much Bravo pays or what discounts they’ll get for promoting a venue, caterer,  etc.

I agree that it’s ROBYN’S debt until they are legally remarried. I’d rather see them sitting through a few sessions with a good financial advisor than a fakety big wedding. They’ve had their fancy wedding when they were young and in love. I’d do halfway between that and the courthouse and have a small, fun outdoor event next summer (when maybe we CAN have weddings again, responsibly) or yeah, here in Covid Time just go to the courthouse and get it handled, have a party later. Or, I attended a small Zoom wedding this past summer and it was fabulous, meaningful, romantic. 

I wish Bravo would use this pandemic to change up their tired story lines. I don’t need to see another over-the-top wedding.

Robyn could make a brand of living and dressing well on a budget, IF she could get her finances in order. 

I think if anyone would do a small, intimate wedding, it would be Robyn.  She and Juan first married years and years ago, and I think she had her Cinderella moment.  The person she is now seems far more like an intimate, garden affair type of wedding.  I also think Cynthia got backlash for doing the big, over the top wedding.  Which Bravo refused to film so, it was sort of a waste anyways.  

As for the ring, I agree that Juan likely got a significant discount.  Will also agree with whomever said that ring was unattractive.  On camera, the stone looks like the color of warm piss.  I get that it means something, but there must be a better looking stones that also mean something special.  

I'm in the minority, but I like Robyn and Juan together, so I think it'll be nice to see some happiness on this show!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

What evidence do you have of this? I'm just curious, because the case wouldn't have been dropped simply because Candiace refused to testify with the Bravo video evidence. They would not have needed Candiace to bring a case, it could have been done with just the footage.

So, if the prosecutor had the tape, and chose to drop the charges, its probably because s/he was convinced that it was a complete and total waste of the government's time. Hell, most local prosecutors try cases like this because with the wife of an ex-Washington Footballer, you're guaranteed to get press coverage and your name in the news. 

I disagree with this analysis.  

For a criminal charge, the video cannot be viewed in a vacuum and Candace would have to be there to offer context, particularly to overcome some of the affirmative defenses that Monique would offer, such as lack of criminal intent, self defense and false facts.  The DA would need to establish all elements beyond a reasonable doubt without the complaining witness to even say that the touching was particularly offensive to them.  Now, I think even without Candace, the tape shows Monique engaging in offensive physical contact.  And I don't think there is any real case for self defense based on Candace flicking her vest, BUT, Monique could argue that she reasonably thought that Candace hit her with some wine and therefore she was defending herself. Candace would need to refute that, even though the video doesn't show it.  Monique could also try some sort of "blackout" diminished capacity defense.  Not sure how that would fly in MD.  

While it may seem like a boon for a DA to prosecute a football star, I think its probably often a double edged sword.  People look up to and idolize celebrities.  Look at OJ, look at Robert Blake, heck look at Ray Carruthers.  In a normal world, Ray Carruthers would have likely been convicted of first degree murder, not manslaughter.  So, I think its a tricky situation and not as clearcut as a DA being overjoyed to get a celebrity criminal case, particularly on a misdemeanor.  

I'm close to a local DA, and my understanding from him is that they consider a number of factors, including and especially whether the jury is more likely to simply ignore the law because they like someone or dislike someone else.  He has mentioned a number of arrest for drugs, theft and vandalizing that they won't EVER take to trial, even if the person is caught dead to rights because they know the local jury pool is passionately opposed to jail time for low level offenses.  So, if you don't have a complaining witness to testify, but you have a well spoken, charming, attractive defendant, with the turn on crocodile tears -- you SHOULD consider that, because a jury is made up of human beings who are subject to being charmed and manipulated. 

Criminal cases require the highest standard of proof, and even with physical evidence, that high standard is likely hard to reach without a cooperative complaining witness.  

There are a lot of cases that are never pursued and never prosecuted, in spite of physical evidence because a complaining witness becomes uncooperative, often for their own safety.  Domestic violence cases, assault cases, rape cases, stalking cases....many times are dropped because the victim becomes uncooperative and the standard of proof on a criminal case is so high.  

Additionally, assault in the second degree in MD is only a misdemeanor charge.  You can get up to 10 years in jail but for a first recorded offense?  Seems unlikely.  At worst, it would have always plead out.  

So, I would agree that it was probably not worth the time and effort for a misdemeanor case without a cooperative complaining witness, but I don't think the video has anything to do with it.  

ETA: I am also not sure how much of the raw video evidence the state got or could get if Candace became uncooperative.  I imagine they would have to subopena the video evidence and I'm unclear as to how long that process takes and if Bravo would fight it.  So, its hard to say that the state always had all of the video footage.  Thats another wrinkle.  

ETAA:  Ray Rice, a former Baltimore Raven, famously punched his girlfriend/wife unconscious in a hotel elevator and dragged her out into the hallway.  This was all caught on camera.  In spite of what had to be some of the most clear cut video evidence of assault and battery I've ever seen his case was dismissed.  In his case, he went into a pre-trial program.  but it goes to show that even with clear cut video evidence a case may still be dismissed.  

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bal-ray-rice-completes-pretrial-intervention-in-domestic-violence-case-in-new-jersey-charges-being-dismi-20150521-story.html

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, RealReality said:

Physically attacking someone isn't a mere overreaction.  

Time after time Monique has tried to engage this same "obnoxious girl woman" who has either apologized or walked away.  Monique got mad when the same "obnoxious girl woman" refused to be on her idiotic podcast.   

Candace hasn't changed and Monique continually tried to engage her.  Candace certainly didn't say or do anything at the winery that was as bad or as obnoxious as what other cast members have said and done.  And if the argument is that Candace deserved to get physically attacked because she said "drag me!" than Monique is, truly, little better than a trained dog and the next person who argues with her should be able to make her cluck like a chicken and bark like a dog by just daring her to do so.  

Monique signed up for a show where all the women are annoying, antagonizing, shady and mean to each other.  If she can only respond to a person being "obnoxious" and annoying with violent rages, she is better off angling for a video on WorldStar.  And she may get it, people know she is married to a man with money, they know that she is weak minded and cannot use her words. She has bragged about being violent.  Candace is on a HW show and is making decent money, but there are plenty people who are actually broke and will happily take a couple of punches to get fifteen minutes of fame and to get paid. collect a settlement check.   

I would hope the Samuels didn’t pay her or her mom off. Monique also had a case against Candiace as you shouldn’t throw wine on anyone. From what I read the judge wasn’t sympathetic to either side. I’m more inclined to believe this was a storyline that went too far.  It’s like enjoying your favorite character on a show finally giving it to the annoying character. It doesn’t mean you celebrate violence. This has happened on the other shows. Table flipping, wig shifting, ponytail pulling......etc   I think the most real one was Porsha grabbing the megaphone from Kenya. An overreaction but some of us thought Kenya deserved it. 

• Love 1

Candace certainly didn't say or do anything at the winery that was as bad or as obnoxious as what other cast members have said and done. 

This is probably true, but when Candyass was yelling GOOD NIGHT! GOOD NIGHT! GOOD NIGHT! I wanted someone to drag her ass and Monique did and I was practically cheering her on. 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, qtpye said:

Okay, Monique has said on social media that this podcast was her third show (in a series?) and that Karen made it to the first two. 

Then why was she complaining about Karen not showing up to this show, if Karen has come to other shows?

The reason why is Monique wanted the cast at this show so she could take pictures and post them to her social media to show the public the cast was supporting her after the fight.

Monique is nothing like a dog responding to commands. She overreacted to an obnoxious girl woman. 

Monique is a weak, silly woman who felt disrespected because Candiace had the whole crew laughing at Monique and she decided she was going to show Candiace and the rest of the cast she was no punk and getting your ass whooped is what's going to happen if you ever disrespect Monique again.

I think if anyone would do a small, intimate wedding, it would be Robyn.  She and Juan first married years and years ago, and I think she had her Cinderella moment.  The person she is now seems far more like an intimate, garden affair type of wedding.  I also think Cynthia got backlash for doing the big, over the top wedding.  Which Bravo refused to film so, it was sort of a waste anyways.  

Cynthia deserved to get that backlash because there was no reason for her to have a 250 person wedding in the middle of a pandemic.  That's why Gizelle said as soon as people started taking their masks off to eat and have a good time, she left.

11 hours ago, RealReality said:

And I don't think there is any real case for self defense based on Candace flicking her vest, BUT, Monique could argue that she reasonably thought that Candace hit her with some wine and therefore she was defending herself.

The problem with this defense is Monique had clearly put her hands on Candiace's person before Candiace flicked her vest.  She can't possibly claim (credibly) self defense when the tapes showed she touched Candiace first.

11 hours ago, RealReality said:

Monique could also try some sort of "blackout" diminished capacity defense.  Not sure how that would fly in MD.  

The "blackout" defense wouldn't work either since ran around the producers to fight Candiace some more and gave a play by play of the fight in the car on the way home from the winery, and jumped on social media 2 days later to brag about the fight.

30 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

This is probably true, but when Candyass was yelling GOOD NIGHT! GOOD NIGHT! GOOD NIGHT! I wanted someone to drag her ass and Monique did and I was practically cheering her on.

Why? For saying GOOD NIIIIIIGHT??

• Love 7

1 hour ago, drivethroo said:

Why? For saying GOOD NIIIIIIGHT??

I don't like Candiace, Bravo showed her being assaulted. I expressed my unpopular opinion about the assault. It happened and that's how I feel about it.

9 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I would hope the Samuels didn’t pay her or her mom off. Monique also had a case against Candiace as you shouldn’t throw wine on anyone. From what I read the judge wasn’t sympathetic to either side. I’m more inclined to believe this was a storyline that went too far.  It’s like enjoying your favorite character on a show finally giving it to the annoying character. It doesn’t mean you celebrate violence. This has happened on the other shows. Table flipping, wig shifting, ponytail pulling......etc   I think the most real one was Porsha grabbing the megaphone from Kenya. An overreaction but some of us thought Kenya deserved it. 

I didn't enjoy or appreciate Porsha becoming violent either.  The RH isn't that show, its not BGC.  What Monique did was more reminiscent of BGC and not a wig shift of even a table flip.  

Candace didn't throw wine on Monique.  Even Monique backed away from that lie when confronted by Robyn about her fictional account.  Did she even mention it to Chris on the ride home?

4 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

So someone saying "good night" should provoke someone to violence?  If so there's something seriously wrong with Monique.  A mother of three shouldn't be fighting in the street, just because of what someone said.  

Just because you don't like someone, doesn't mean they should be attacked.  Right is right and wrong is wrong.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

Oddly enough, I am somewhat sympathetic to this position.   

If and when someone punches Tomi Lahren in the face for talking a lot of shit, I'm going to have to reach down deep in my soul to stand by my ideals and characterize her as a victim.  BUT, I just don't think that anything Candace said reached Tomi Lahren levels of obnoxiousness, or even other housewife levels of obnoxiousness.  

But, given the events this season, I think that Monique is a bully who chose an easy target and waited for an opportunity.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

So someone saying "good night" should provoke someone to violence?  If so there's something seriously wrong with Monique.  A mother of three shouldn't be fighting in the street, just because of what someone said.  

Just because you don't like someone, doesn't mean they should be attacked.  Right is right and wrong is wrong.

I didn’t say it was right, but it happened and it didn’t bother me as much as everybody else. Hell! Her own mother smacked her in the head with her purse. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Love 2
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

I didn't enjoy or appreciate Porsha becoming violent either.  The RH isn't that show, its not BGC.  What Monique did was more reminiscent of BGC and not a wig shift of even a table flip.  

Candace didn't throw wine on Monique.  Even Monique backed away from that lie when confronted by Robyn about her fictional account.  Did she even mention it to Chris on the ride home?

Monique did get a face full of wine. 

Monique did get a face full of wine. 

Sorry, Candace's wine came out of her glass when Monique dragged her down.  

I was responding to the notion that Monique attacked Candace because Candace threw wine in her face.  Monique attacked her before Candace's tried to defend herself with a wine glass to get a crazed Monique off of her.  

In rewatching the episode where they had the meeting at Karen't house,  they replay Monique in the car, after the fight clearly telling Chris S. that Candace only threw wine on her AFTER Monique attacked her, pulled her down and punched her in the head because Candace was unable to lift her head up so she tried to use the wine glass to defend herself.  

In the episode, Robyn said that Monique got a face full of wine because of the velocity and movement of the table.  

Edited by RealReality
58 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Sorry, Candace's wine came out of her glass when Monique dragged her down.  

I was responding to the notion that Monique attacked Candace because Candace threw wine in her face.  Monique attacked her before Candace's tried to defend herself with a wine glass to get a crazed Monique off of her.  

In rewatching the episode where they had the meeting at Karen't house,  they replay Monique in the car, after the fight clearly telling Chris S. that Candace only threw wine on her AFTER Monique attacked her, pulled her down and punched her in the head because Candace was unable to lift her head up so she tried to use the wine glass to defend herself.  

In the episode, Robyn said that Monique got a face full of wine because of the velocity and movement of the table.  

Monique had her hands in Candiace's head when the wine was thrown. I'm disputing the notion that no wine was thrown. And contrary to Robyn's narrative, the table had nothing to do with Monique getting wine in her face. The little hamster-faced Candiace, has the aim of a sharpshooter. The wine toss hit its target, and one of her broken glass swings hit pay dirt. 

Both women have a lot to learn from this altercation and should be thankful they survived with their bodies intact. 

3 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

Monique had her hands in Candiace's head when the wine was thrown.

If Monique had her hands in Candiace's head, why SHOULDN'T wine be thrown?

Monique had her hands in Candiace's head but Candiace is not supposed to use whatever she could to defend herself?

4 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

I'm disputing the notion that no wine was thrown. And contrary to Robyn's narrative, the table had nothing to do with Monique getting wine in her face. The little hamster-faced Candiace, has the aim of a sharpshooter. The wine toss hit its target, and one of her broken glass swings hit pay dirt. 

If somebody is going oops upside your head, you're supposed to just sit there and let them do it?  Really? 

If I came through the computer screen and started beating you upside the head, you would sit there and let me? 

Or you would use whatever you had at your disposal to get me off of you?

The minute Monique put her hands on Candiace, she opened herself up to be counterattacked.  If Candiace had sliced her face open with a shard of broken glass, Monique would have nobody to blame but herself.

9 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

Both women have a lot to learn from this altercation and should be thankful they survived with their bodies intact. 

Monique needs to be glad she's on this show because had she done this to somebody who wasn't on the cast with her, her ass would've been locked up in Montgomery County jail that night.

4 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

If Monique had her hands in Candiace's head, why SHOULDN'T wine be thrown?

Monique had her hands in Candiace's head but Candiace is not supposed to use whatever she could to defend herself?

If somebody is going oops upside your head, you're supposed to just sit there and let them do it?  Really? 

If I came through the computer screen and started beating you upside the head, you would sit there and let me? 

Or you would use whatever you had at your disposal to get me off of you?

The minute Monique put her hands on Candiace, she opened herself up to be counterattacked.  If Candiace had sliced her face open with a shard of broken glass, Monique would have nobody to blame but herself.

Monique needs to be glad she's on this show because had she done this to somebody who wasn't on the cast with her, her ass would've been locked up in Montgomery County jail that night.

You are misunderstanding me. I don't care that the wine was thrown, but I don't understand saying it didn't happen. Robyn herself was claiming Monique was not bleeding; that it was red wine. Robyn fussed about Ashley having an opinion and not being there, yet she was there and didn't see everything herself. 

I didn't want to get too wordy before, but I was going to say that Candiace was not wrong for fighting like hell to get out of that hold. But had the last lunge and swipe finished off Monique like it was intended, could Candiace live peacefully with the consequences?  She prides herself on talking shit all day and daring someone to drag her, but her pea brain should calculate whether someone might oblige. Gizelle says how Candiace will use her words to cut you where it hurts most. Karen told her how powerful her words are.

These grown women shouldn't be fighting but maybe Candiace will do some self reflecting and reconsider how she likes to verbally cut down her friends, husband and future children.

Monique showed self awareness into her destructive behavior with the discussion with her pastor, so I don't know why she's still carrying on like an idiot. Maybe yet to aired scenes will explain her obstinance. She could have easily lost her life in what she saw as an easy fight.  She risked everything for a stupid lack of control.

5 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

Monique had her hands in Candiace's head when the wine was thrown. I'm disputing the notion that no wine was thrown. And contrary to Robyn's narrative, the table had nothing to do with Monique getting wine in her face. The little hamster-faced Candiace, has the aim of a sharpshooter. The wine toss hit its target, and one of her broken glass swings hit pay dirt. 

Monique said that she dragged Candace because Candace threw wine at her.  Robyn countered that Candace Monique's violence was not precipitated by Candace throwing wine at her.  Candace tried to defend herself with whatever was in her hands when Monique went on the attack and that happened to be a wine glass and some wine.  Monique affirmed this version of events with Chris. 

I cannot fault someone for using whatever they have in their hands to try to defend themselves from someone who initiated a physical attack on them.  No matter how hampster their face.  

One woman was doing her job - which is to verbally antagonize, shade and annoy her castmembers.   Another woman responded to annoyance with a violent physical attack.  IMO, only one person has anything to learn from the incident, and its not the hampster. 

Monique squeezed out a few crocodile tears on camera but hasn't shown any growth, remorse or self awareness.  Even with her pastor, her first move was to justify and defend her actions and blame everyone else.  It's always that "someone else" made her do this or that.  No one else made Monique do shit. 

Edited by RealReality
On 10/26/2020 at 9:20 AM, drivethroo said:

So you admit Monique is a dog who responds to commands and stimuli? 

I think she responded to a wine glass thrown in her face.  I don't know why everybody forgets this.  Regardless, I'm over the fight business as well.  

I'd rather hear about what Giz thinks is a good ending with Jamal.  Moving to Atlanta?

15 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

I didn’t say it was right, but it happened and it didn’t bother me as much as everybody else. Hell! Her own mother smacked her in the head with her purse. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I agree. I’m surprised so many think it was this horrible act of violence. The chick repeatedly asked to get dragged!

I really don't understand the business model that Monique is trying to use when it comes to the podcast. I get that she's trying to capitalize on her celebrity, which fine, that is something they all do. But this events-based podcast thing doesn't make much sense to me as a money-making venture. First of all, she should assume that it's not going to make money before it does.  But beyond that, the best way for her to try to make money off it is to find either sponsors or advertisers, rather than trying to sell tickets for an event.  That's a lot of extra work - and money - for a podcast that hasn't really built its audience yet.  The people who are successful at that kind of events-based thing are people who have already built a brand, and while I know Monique has a brand because of the show, she's not at the level (IMO) to make it a success. 

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I really don't understand the business model that Monique is trying to use when it comes to the podcast. I get that she's trying to capitalize on her celebrity, which fine, that is something they all do. But this events-based podcast thing doesn't make much sense to me as a money-making venture. First of all, she should assume that it's not going to make money before it does.  But beyond that, the best way for her to try to make money off it is to find either sponsors or advertisers, rather than trying to sell tickets for an event.  That's a lot of extra work - and money - for a podcast that hasn't really built its audience yet.  The people who are successful at that kind of events-based thing are people who have already built a brand, and while I know Monique has a brand because of the show, she's not at the level (IMO) to make it a success. 

I don’t even get what the podcast is supposed to be. At the event she was the interviewee, not the host. Are different people going to interview her all the time? Is that the hook? Honest question. I don’t really get it

• Love 1