Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E13: No Shows and Show Downs

• Start Topic

26 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

I don’t even get what the podcast is supposed to be. At the event she was the interviewee, not the host. Are different people going to interview her all the time? Is that the hook? Honest question. I don’t really get it

Yeah, I don't either. From the way she discussed it previously, when she was going to have Karen and Ray and Candiace and Chris on, it sounded like she was going to interview them. But then that obviously all fell apart, so I don't know if she just changed the format to one where she was taking audience questions? I can't imagine that is how it is for every episode, because that would get old fast. 

FWIW, I didn't have any problem with Wendy's political organizing event.  Discussing issues and ways to effect change is an effective way to bring about the change you want to see.  I'm still kind of iffy on Wendy but the concept of her event didn't bother me. 

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

While the one event didn’t go very well, I think Moniques concept of supporting moms isn’t a bad idea. I would go see Monique over Wendy.

Well, one could argue that something called "Not For Lazy Moms" isn't really "supporting" mothers. But the idea of a podcast directed towards mothers and offering support to them is a fine, if not exactly original, idea. I just don't know how the events-based business model she is trying to develop actually hits her target audience. 

• Love 4
20 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Yeah, I don't either. From the way she discussed it previously, when she was going to have Karen and Ray and Candiace and Chris on, it sounded like she was going to interview them. But then that obviously all fell apart, so I don't know if she just changed the format to one where she was taking audience questions?

If Monique understood what her podcast was supposed to be about, she never would've invited Candiace on to be a guest whether they were at odds or not.  Candiace is not a mother, as Monique likes to remind her, so why have someone who is not a mother on a mommy podcast?

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Eh, I have no dog in this fight but I have to give congrats to Candyass for becoming the front and center star of this show with her boring singing career that took too much time on my screen and for using her smart ass mouth to her full advantage and to garner sympathy while she uses her pointy kleenex to dab away her tears. 

The women imitating Wendy's skulking dance was every phuckin' thing! I couldn't stop lmao.  With Wendy sitting right there!  No matter how Wendy tries to impress with her gazillion degrees these women are just not buying her superiority act and not afraid to talk about it in front of her face. This franchise is the best! 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Eh, I have no dog in this fight but I have to give congrats to Candyass for becoming the front and center star of this show with her boring singing career that took too much time on my screen and for using her smart ass mouth to her full advantage and to garner sympathy while she uses her pointy kleenex to dab away her tears. 

The women imitating Wendy's skulking dance was every phuckin' thing! I couldn't stop lmao.  With Wendy sitting right there!  No matter how Wendy tries to impress with her gazillion degrees these women are just not buying her superiority act and not afraid to talk about it in front of her face. This franchise is the best! 

I love, love, loved the skulk/saunter congo line too!

The moment was so spontaneous and fun.  But I don't think those moments happen unless you're in an environment where you know that there won't be someone there prone to "blacking out" and physically attacking people when she feels annoyed and picked on.  If you have someone who can't handle criticism, verbal annoyance and conflict without getting that upset, someone who is remorseless when they become violent and don't particularly see anything wrong with it, I think everyone walks on eggshells around them and then you don't get those spontaneous and fun moments.  

People may not like Wendy, but I like the fact that she laughed when she was being made fun of.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 6