Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 10/26/2020

TheView
  • Start Topic

Monday, Oct. 26 – The Political View with vice presidential candidate Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, Oct. 27 – Bari Weiss guest co-hosts; Jon Meacham (“The Soul of America”)

Wednesday, Oct. 28 – Chelsea Handler 

Thursday, Oct. 29 – Samuel L. Jackson

Friday, Oct. 30 – “The View” celebrates with a Halloween treat, annual Hot Topics kids costumes and a performance from James Monroe Iglehart 

• Love 3

So Monday is worth tuning in for just because of 'View Your Deal' !!!! I mean, another day of 'the hottest items at affordable prices' ? We should be dancin' in the streets!

Tuesday - looking forward to John Meacham, but the book 'Soul of America' came out a few years ago, and he's published books since then. Not interested in Weiss.

Wednesday - I'll be shutting it off when Handler comes on.

Thursday - I'll be shutting it off when Jackson is on.

Friday - It will be interesting. I never ever liked their Halloween show, especially because it was always a tie-in to ABC or Disney, but this year they may be doing their own costumes at home...or not, since they probably don't have the interest or energy these days.

12 hours ago, Haleth said:

You had me nodding in agreement until this. Why?

In the week leading up to election day, I would think they would have more interesting political guests on. Fill that slot - and Handler's, too - with Barack Obama, Cory Booker, John Kasich...save Handler and Jackson for another day. They talk politics all the time (and I'm not complaining) - the most important week of the year on the election calendar should be devoted to these guests (IMO).

• Love 6
3 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

In the week leading up to election day, I would think they would have more interesting political guests on. Fill that slot - and Handler's, too - with Barack Obama, Cory Booker, John Kasich...save Handler and Jackson for another day. They talk politics all the time (and I'm not complaining) - the most important week of the year on the election calendar should be devoted to these guests (IMO).

They may talk politics all the time, but this is not a political show. Even if it’s under their news division.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

They may talk politics all the time, but this is not a political show. Even if it’s under their news division.

Agreed - but if they're going to talk politics on the show, this is definitely the week to do it.  I think their audience - and the ones who tune in occasionally - expect it this week, and they will score a bonanza in the ratings.

Leave the celebrity interviews for after the election.

• Love 7
On 10/23/2020 at 6:08 PM, TheView said:

Friday, Oct. 30 – “The View” celebrates with a Halloween treat, annual Hot Topics kids costumes and a performance from James Monroe Iglehart 

This will be taped.

I'm expecting Meghan to show up and wouldn't think she would wait until Nov 3.  Hmmmm.

Will she be there is week??

• Love 1

Can't stand Weiss, another of MeAgain's BFF's.  She's another one who takes herself way too seriously and thinks she's a lot more important and well known than she actually is.  

I'm sure MeAgain has been pissed as hell seeing how much the 'ladies' are enjoying each other's company.  Friday's show was a perfect example.  I haven't seen Whoopi this relaxed in years.  She's actually been pleasant.  Ana is made for this type of show.  She's as smart as a whip and has perfect comedic timing.  

I have a feeling MeAgain will be back on Monday, November 2nd.  There's no way she's going to miss the opportunity to monopolize the entire conversation concerning the election results, etc.  After all, she's been there, done that as she will remind us over and over again.

• Love 20
6 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

I'm sure MeAgain has been pissed as hell seeing how much the 'ladies' are enjoying each other's company.  Friday's show was a perfect example.  I haven't seen Whoopi this relaxed in years.  She's actually been pleasant.  Ana is made for this type of show.  She's as smart as a whip and has perfect comedic timing.  

She's fuming 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 10/24/2020 at 6:10 AM, LetsStartTalking said:

Just saw him and his wife interviewed on Graham Norton and they were adorable.  Personally I don’t mind some non political stuff...helps the stress.  

• Love 5

I am LOL at Ana with her Flyswatter!  "Truth over FLies" 🙂  I just love Ana.  I am so glad MeAgain was not on the panel today, she would have been yelling at Kamala about some obscure topic, instead we got thoughtful questions & Kamala had time to answer them.  There is a later segment where the ladies talk about being on Zoom calls which is really funny...I'm with Joy: I look terrible on Zoom calls!  Overall, a good show.

• Love 14

Too lazy to turn off the tv when View Your Deal came on, I suffered through it.  And the only thing more annoying than View Your Deal is a View Your Deal where Sara keeps talking over Greta. 

First time I've watched in weeks and I agree with BuckeyeLou that it was a good show.  I loved when Ana referred to Trump's "We're rounding the curve" claim as 'Dead Man's Curve.'

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Grr, didn’t get to watch. Was it a good interview with Kamala?  Did Whoopi pronounce her name correctly?

I thought the questions for Kamala were good & she was given time to give full answers, rather than being cut off quickly.  Whoopi did manage to pronounce Kamala's name correctly.  I like Ana's comment: call her "MVP" Madame Vice-President!

• Love 11
46 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I thought the questions for Kamala were good & she was given time to give full answers, rather than being cut off quickly.  Whoopi did manage to pronounce Kamala's name correctly.  I like Ana's comment: call her "MVP" Madame Vice-President!

God willing. Kamala was awesome, and as much as I loved her cracking up over The Fly I agree that joke has gotten real old.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 6

On a shallow note, Kamala Harris looked fantastic in terms of her outfit and her makeup.  She should give classes.

Lately I've been so distracted by the ladies' outfits and eye-makeup it's sometimes hard to pay attention to what they're saying.

• Love 5

21 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

I don't think it will be taped, as it will be done from their homes remotely.

We know the Halloween costumes will be less elaborate this year, so maybe they can get them together at home.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

On a shallow note, Kamala Harris looked fantastic in terms of her outfit and her makeup.  She should give classes.

Lately I've been so distracted by the ladies' outfits and eye-makeup it's sometimes hard to pay attention to what they're saying.

Kamala is beautiful and knows less is more. 

I love how much more civilized the show has been. 

• Love 16
5 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

God willing. Kamala was awesome, and as much as I loved her cracking up over The Fly I agree that joke has gotten real old.

Both Whoopi and Ana brought up The Fly! Kamala is a senator and possibly future VP. She wants to remain professional and not talk about silly things, especially when those silly things are brought up to ridicule her opponent. She doesn't play that game. I was glad that she didn't entertain Whoopi's question and told her she was gonna move on from The Fly subject.

Whoopi was probably listening to a recording of Kamala's name on repeat over the weekend in order to say it correctly today.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

Both Whoopi and Ana brought up The Fly! Kamala is a senator and possibly future VP. She wants to remain professional and not talk about silly things, especially when those silly things are brought up to ridicule her opponent. She doesn't play that game. I was glad that she didn't entertain Whoopi's question and told her she was gonna move on from The Fly subject.

Whoopi was probably listening to a recording of Kamala's name on repeat over the weekend in order to say it correctly today.

LOL I was nervous about how Whoopi would pronounce her name. I'm glad she made an effort to get it right with Kamala as the guest. Hopefully she remembers the proper pronunciation. 

• Love 5

I wasn't happy with sara's question about "biden called a group of trump supporters chumps."   take a look what happened.   He wasn't calling people chumps for supporting trump - he was holding a drive-in rally, and referred to the people who were disrupting the rally by yelling, using megaphones, and honking their horns.   People being disruptive, not allowing others to hear what was being said - he called then "Chumps."  Seems to me, he was much more restrained than most people would be in that situation.  Kamal answered the question very well, though.   I just didn't like the wasy it seemed Sara was putting forth the rhetoric that Joe Biden is going around calling  people names.  

• Love 11
4 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I wasn't happy with sara's question about "biden called a group of trump supporters chumps."   take a look what happened.   He wasn't calling people chumps for supporting trump - he was holding a drive-in rally, and referred to the people who were disrupting the rally by yelling, using megaphones, and honking their horns.   People being disruptive, not allowing others to hear what was being said - he called then "Chumps."  Seems to me, he was much more restrained than most people would be in that situation.  Kamal answered the question very well, though.   I just didn't like the wasy it seemed Sara was putting forth the rhetoric that Joe Biden is going around calling  people names.  

You beat me to it. I watched it live and they were clearly agitators. Calling them “chumps” is nothing. Seriously Sara? 🙄

• Love 11
11 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I just didn't like the wasy it seemed Sara was putting forth the rhetoric that Joe Biden is going around calling  people names.  

This is something that isn't getting a lot of attention and here we have Sara drawing attention to it.  At least she didn't have the "gotcha" tone that Meghan uses when she is trying to fillet someone.

• Love 2
On 10/23/2020 at 9:00 PM, LetsStartTalking said:

Thursday - I'll be shutting it off when Jackson is on.

Jackson is most likely there to promote his mini-series, Enslaved, which is all about the slave trade. So I would recommend tuning in for that.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Jackson is most likely there to promote his mini-series, Enslaved, which is all about the slave trade. So I would recommend tuning in for that.

I think he might also have something to say about the election.

• Love 2

Oh, Sarah, Susan Collins is just reaching for straws to prevent being ousted. Not any moral stand against a Trump.  Her vote was meaningless so she risked nothing.

Shut up, Bari. Biden is not afraid of the young further left Representatives. He doesn’t need to speak out about his plans for the Court now. It would only hurt him, which is the whole point of the push for an answer. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 20
12 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Oh, Sarah, Susan Collins is just reaching for straws to prevent being ousted. Not any moral stand against a Trump.  Her vote was meaningless so she risked nothing.

Sara looks at things from rose tinted glasses.  For me she is being more annoying than Meghan.  At least with Meghan you know she is going to support her team.  With Sara I can't even guess why she interprets things the way she does.

• Love 3

Hilarious listening to Bari try to convince Sunny and Whoopi that young black men are supporting trump.

Oh, here we go with Bari whining about cancel culture and being forced to quit the NYTimes. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12

I wonder if there was a prep session between MM and Bari before the show.  We got the AOC squad in on the first topic and then a poll on black men for Trump on the second topic.  Although I find the responses from Bari are Meghanesque the difference is the tone and facial expressions.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Bari Weiss looking solemn as they discuss cancel culture....yet the only one who canceled Bari was herself so I don't understand why she's looking so hurt by this, when she's the one who inflicted it on herself. Make it make sense.

Some people mistake criticism or indifference as being cancelled.  If someone doesn't like you they don't need to support you.  That doesn't mean they are cancelling you.  

20 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Victim mentality. 

And this too.

• Love 15
22 minutes ago, Axie said:

I will be using the statement “Like a fart in a dust storm” whenever possible for the rest of my life.  Thanks, Whoopie!

Sunny does seem to hate Bari.

I think what The Whoopster was shooting for was "Like a fart in a wind storm" ... just sayin'.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3